PDA

View Full Version : Splitting my family.. how will the dining be affected

cburek
05-13-2009, 09:44 AM
This may have been asked but I need a quick answer. My brothers son,age 3, is staying in a room with my father,at least on the reservation when I made it.I did this because they wanted to request a king bed for their room and could not if they had him listed on their reservation.My question is how will this affect the dining plan. When we check in will they add his meals onto my brothers KTTW card or wil they have to carry a seperate card KTTW for him? I am trying to straighten this out now if not I will have to call Disney and just add him onto the reservation for my brother and forget about requesting a king.Thank you for your help :)

TDC Nala
05-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Everyone's dining credits are encoded on the key card for the room reservation to which they are registered. If the child and his grandfather are registered on the same reservation, their credits will be on the key card for that room. If the rest of the family is on a separate reservation, their key cards will not have access to the credits assigned to the child and his grandfather. Therefore in order to buy the child a meal, you'll have to have a key card from the room he's registered in to pay for it. Credits from two separate reservations can't be combined for access from one reservation's key cards.

cburek
05-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Thank you for the reply. This I exactly what I needed to know. Doesnt sound like its the end of the "world" then :) My brother will just need to carry a key card for his son to use his credits. All of the TS service meals we will be together. So its really just the QS meals that he will need to carry that card and for snacks.
I really dont want to have to change anything on the reservation mainly because we are on the 4/3 deal and I would be afraid that by moving him it would adjust the rate.Secondly everytime a change is made it just opens it up for way more problems and errors.. I think I will just leave it :)
Thank you again

cburek
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
I just called Disney this morning for another ADR and decided to ask how easy it would be just to put the 3yo back in the room with his parents. It was no trouble at all and the rates only adjusted for moving him from 1 room to the next. I couldnt take it anymore :) knowing that my brother will have to keep 2 cards on him plus the fact of the theme park tickets being on the card also...just seemed like alot for them to keep track of. And to my surprise the king bed request is still noted on the reservation.Not a guarantee of course. :) Now I can stop thinking about it :)