PDA

View Full Version : Just back from WL, my dream resort.....

MommaluvsDis
06-14-2002, 12:05 AM
We spent 6 nights in rooms 6149 & 6151 (connecting). We had privacy and a fantastic view!

If you have any questions, just ask!

Eileen226
06-14-2002, 05:50 AM
What "view" did you have? Were there bunkbeds in either room? Could one of the bunks accomodate a 5'8" 16 yr old? How was the transportation? Pool? Did you eat breakfast at the resort? Where? Thanks!

Wags
06-14-2002, 11:22 AM
We plan on going in late August, I'm curious about the "view" as well.

Also, how long (approximately) to get to EPCOT and MGM (assumed you used bus)?

dtuleya
06-14-2002, 12:31 PM
There are lots of posts on the Wilderness Lodge FAQ thread that might answer some questions for you. WL here we come!

MommaluvsDis
06-14-2002, 01:33 PM
If you would like for me to e-mail you a photo of the beautiful view from our balcony, just send me your e-mail address. I haven't learned how to post photos on a web site yet.

We stayed in #6149 (the one with bunk beds) and #6151 with 2 queen beds. DH and DS slept in the one with the bunks and I and my friend slept in the connectiong room #6151. One night, DF started snoring so loudly that I slept on the top bunk in 6149. I'm 5'8" and close to 175 and I was very comfortable the whole night! Our 14yo son slept on the bottom bunk and he's 5'7" and about 140.

Transportation is fine. You know, it all depends on whether you get to the stop, which is just a short walk out the back of the lobby and to the right, before the bus is fixing to arrive or just after it left. But we never waited more than 15 min TOPS at any given time.

Although we didn't use the pool while there (Mom has one and we swim all the time) while checking out the Villas right next door, a gentleman and his son swimming told us that the water at the Villas pool, which we have access to by being in the WL is about 10 degrees warmer than the water at the WL pool. It is a lot LESS CROWDED!! Very nice!

We ate both breakfast and dinner at each of the WCC and Roaring Forks cafe. WCC is actually about the same price for all you care to eat by the time you buy your food from Roaring forks. Maybe just a little more but it's all you care to eat and that way you could probably do like we did and skip lunch and plan for a dinner around 5 pm. The dinner at WCC was really good. The ribs are a "must do!" FABULOUS!! Finger licking good!

We were able to look down onto the pool as well as had a super view of the bay area. We took the elevators across and just down the hall from the Mercantile gift shop and that put us just a few doors from our rooms.

The thing I kie about WL most, other than the beauty of the place, is that it is a small resort so therefore not hard to get around in! I've stayed at PO in the 600 building and it was quite a stroll and I've also stayed in the back of the Love Bug building at ASMo and that really WAS a hike!! I was exhausted by the time I reached the food court.

My e-mail address is deniseezell@hotmail.com

Let me know if you have any more questions!!