PDA

View Full Version : courtyard view

onlyme729
06-13-2002, 10:30 PM
I'm looking for help in trying to determine the view in the picture in the following link.
http://www.3-2.com/FWL/images/NewFwl/PoolFromUpTop.jpg
I'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge in August and was hoping to get a view similar to the view in this picture but don't know what to ask for. I'm hoping someone can help me out wth this. After reading this disboards, I see that so many people are so helpful and I think it's great that the cast members and other employees are so helpful and willing to give all kinds of info. The WL is so big and it's a little complicated trying to figure out what to ask for for this particular view. Thanks to the person who took the picture, whom I was unable to get ahold of due to a full mailbox. Having these pictures to go by is very helpful. I'd appreciate anyone's input on what kind of view this is and what to ask for when making my request. Thanks!
onlyme729

Trekker
06-13-2002, 10:41 PM
WOW! That is a great picture... I hope someone can identify where it was taken from for you!

dBugged
06-14-2002, 07:20 AM
I think that shot was taken on the walkway between rooms and not from a room. The rooms at the WL go down two sides of the building and are connected in the middle. That walkway gives some great shots of the courtyard and also of the lobby. The bad news is that I don't think there is a room where that shot was taken from.

If you look at this map, you'll see what I mean. I think the shot was taken around the number 4 on the map.

http://www.wdwig.com/map_wl.jpg

We have more WL shots on our site that are taken from a few different angles.

hoosll
06-14-2002, 08:00 AM
I believe the view was taken from the Sunset deck between the 2 wings - they hold weddings there which are lovely.

There are some rooms that directly face the water. You could ask for one of these rooms.

Gary M
06-14-2002, 11:09 AM
We have stayed in rooms in the "Bears Face" that has a direct view of Bay Lake. There are just a few of these rooms and they open up to the lobby. I believe they are only 4th. and 5th. floor rooms. There are also rooms on the "wings" that have a direct view of Bay Lake. We stayed in one of these rooms last Feb..

Just ask in your room request that you would like a room that directly faces Bay lake. The view is awesome.

onlyme729
06-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Thanks Gary M for that info! Do you recall what the room # was
that you stayed in last February that faced the lake that opened up to the lobby? Or would anybody have any idea what to ask for when I request one of the rooms that face the lake but also give you a view of the pools? I would imagine these rooms are above the lobby?
Can anybody give me any info?
onlyme729

Gary M
06-14-2002, 04:21 PM
onlyme729:

We have stayed in room 5077 about 4 times. It is a smoking optional room with two beds. I'm fairly sure that room 4077 would be non-smoking and would have two beds also. Rooms 5069, 5071 and 5073 would be non-smoking, but I'm not sure about whether they have two beds or a bed and a bunkbed. Our DD stayed in 5069, but it was a little off center from the good view. I believe I'm correct on this, that rooms 4069 to 4079 and rooms 5069 to 5079 would be in the "Bears Face" and open to the lobby. The middle numered rooms would have the best view. The elevators are very close to these rooms.

Room 4125 would be away from the lobby, but has a great view of Bay Lake. If you have any more questions feel free to e-mail me at: glmerritt@comcast.net

We have stayed at WL 13 times.