PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gatherings and Dining Plan Questions

ddrie
05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Our family is hoping to book some Grand Gathering Experiences and just wondering if they take the DDP. Is the Illuminations Gathering a dessert only with the fireworks?? I am not sure if this is a dining event, snack or we pay separately for it. Also we are interested in the Tusker House Grand Gathering Dinner (2 dining credits???) with the safari ride. Just want to make sure I am allocating what credits we do have correctly. We can't reserve anything until June 19th but trying to plan what credits to use and where!!! Thanks so much for any help.

KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
05-11-2009, 10:44 AM
The International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception, the Safari Celebration Dinner and the Good Morning Gathering all take the DDP and are 2 credits. The Illuminations Dinner takes place in the Odyssey Building, and has dinner served family style with some entertainment, then you are taken outside to a reserved area for Illuminations.
Hope that helps!

my2minnies
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
The International Dinner & Illuminations Dessert Reception, the Safari Celebration Dinner and the Good Morning Gathering all take the DDP and are 2 credits. The Illuminations Dinner takes place in the Odyssey Building, and has dinner served family style with some entertainment, then you are taken outside to a reserved area for Illuminations.
Hope that helps!

Actually the Good morning Gathering is only 1 dining credit. The other two are 2 credits though.

TDC Nala
05-11-2009, 11:25 AM
If you didn't know it, Grand Gathering Experiences are the exception to the rule and reservations for those can be made 180 days out, not 90 days like all other meal reservations.

4forthemouse
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if these are ticketed events? We have reservations for Tony's good morning and Safari celebration and didn't know if we needed to go to concierge and get tickets like Spirit of Aloha, or you just show up and pay/use DDP credits at the meal. I got a reservation confirmation from Disney Travel Company (which surprised me), but don't see any instructions on the paperwork as to whether we need to get tickets in advance or not.
Thanks to anyone who can help!!

JaimeK
05-13-2009, 02:47 PM
No tickets, just show up and check in with the hostess. Out of our group of 20 only 4 of us were on the dining plan and it was no problem at all.
We did the Illuminations dinner (2 TS) and Tony's breakfast (1 TS) and both were really fun!

Does anyone know if these are ticketed events? We have reservations for Tony's good morning and Safari celebration and didn't know if we needed to go to concierge and get tickets like Spirit of Aloha, or you just show up and pay/use DDP credits at the meal. I got a reservation confirmation from Disney Travel Company (which surprised me), but don't see any instructions on the paperwork as to whether we need to get tickets in advance or not.
Thanks to anyone who can help!!

TRICKY_TINK
05-14-2009, 12:50 PM
If you haven't made those ressies do it now. They are sold out already for all the events when I'm there in September.