PDA

View Full Version : Confirming ADR before your trip?

nikkipowell1
05-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Does anyone confirm there ADR before heading to Disney? I have all my reservation numbers. We leave in 16 days. Should I call to confirm or do you think I will be ok?

:hippie:

Cdn Friends of Pooh
05-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Been going since 2003 and have never confirmed any of our ADRs ...

MariDisney
05-10-2009, 10:31 PM
I do call to confirm. I have had a few situations where either I've written the wrong time or the CM heard me wrong or whatever and their record did not agree with mine. I feel better being sure it's all straight before I go.

nikkipowell1
05-10-2009, 10:38 PM
I think it will make me feel better if I call to confirm. I got some good locations and times for dining so I better make sure they are still there. I can't wait, I went shopping today bymyself for 4 hours (a great moms day present) and picked up some clothes for all of us and some crap at the dollar store for the kids. I really want to find some battery powered light strands so I can decorate my golf cart while we stay at the Fort. Any ideas?

:hippie:

stitch34
05-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I debated on calling to confirm them my last trip - and am glad I did. Three of them were wrong! My WCC ressie was the wrong date - like two days after our trip was over and we'd be home already. My Mama Melrose ressie ended up being for 50's Prime Time somehow. can't remember the other one that was messed up. Others were all fine.
Trip prior to that - my Chef Mickey's breakfast - wasn't. It was booked as Cape May Cafe breakfast. Why, I don't know. Spent the next weeks calling nonstop trying to get a Chef Mickey's ressie to replace the one that was messed up, and never were able to get one, even still calling daily once we arrived for our trip.
My confirmation #'s were all correct, just they had different dates or different restaurants listed for some odd reason. And i always make sure when they give me the confirmation # to listen carefully to make sure they are saying, for example, ressie for 4 at such and such, at such and such time and date. I know one time making a reservation I said for the 6th - and when she read back the info at the end she said the 5th, so after that have made sure to listen carefully to when they repeat it. But still not sure how some of mine have gotten goofed up!

bentleygirl22
05-11-2009, 03:26 PM
We always call to make sure everything is right one week before we get there.. Better safe then sorry because we go at free dining. so there is no room for mistakes...:thumbsup2

kawc1945
05-11-2009, 03:30 PM
We have gone to WDW twice and verified our ADR's about a week before we left each time. Just wanted to make sure everything was correct. :)

devonsmommy
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I called to confirm the week before we left. There certainly is no harm in it! I've read here about other people's ADRs being messed up once they went to check in.

H20DogsNDisney
05-11-2009, 03:35 PM
yup about a week or two before the trip!

CindyandBrice
05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I haven't called to confirm BUT i have asked for a print out of all my ADR's when I check in. They will print it for you right then.

TDC Nala
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't bother waiting in the phone line just to confirm.

If you want, if you're staying at a Disney resort, when you arrive your resort concierge can provide you with a printout of all your ADRS.

noahdove
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I confirm after having a major problem a few years ago. The ressie cost me way more money than I intended to spend and sadly, the food wasn't that great..