PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions for GF Lagoon View Rooms?

Wish Upon A Star
06-13-2002, 07:21 PM
I can't believe how fast my countdown clock is going . . .I remember it saying 60 days:earseek:

Now that we are going into the 20 day panic, I need to know whether or not anyone has any good room numbers at the GF for a Lagoon View. We stayed in Boca Chica in 99, but I'm thinking of requesting Conch Key this time for a better view of Cinderella's Castle.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :smooth:

scanne
06-13-2002, 08:21 PM
We had a great view from Sago Cay on our honeymoon. Room 5441. This was a dormer room with a king bed, but I'm sure 5341, 5241 and 5141 all have great view. Can't help you with Conch, although I hear it has the best castle views.

ducklite
06-14-2002, 08:44 AM
Conch Key 7131 is a great room! It's at the very end of the hall, so you don't hear anything from the corridor. It is first floor, looking straight out at the castle. You can easily walk out your door, then right out the door to the outside and down to the launch or to the pool.

It was the Alice theme.

Anne

Wish Upon A Star
06-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Ducklite:

Did that room in Conch Key have a patio? How was it being on the 1st floor? Did you have an unobstructed view? Hmmmm wondering if the 2nd or 3rd floor above that room have unobstructed, I would love to be at the end of the corridor!

Thanks for the GREAT info guys!!

ducklite
06-14-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Wish Upon A Star
Ducklite:

Did that room in Conch Key have a patio? How was it being on the 1st floor? Did you have an unobstructed view? Hmmmm wondering if the 2nd or 3rd floor above that room have unobstructed, I would love to be at the end of the corridor!

Thanks for the GREAT info guys!!

It was kind of like a balcony in that it was enclosed by a railing, but it was a patio. There was a table and a couple of chairs. We didn't use them because it was January and very cold. But it would have been a great place to sit and watch fireworks on a summer night. We sat inside and watched them from the window, it was a perfect view.

There is a small tree off to the left, but it doesn't block the view of the fireworks or the castle. I would think that the next two rooms down might have their view slightly blocked by it though. And the rooms on the second floor as well, as the fullest part of the tree would be about eye level on the second floor, if that makes any sense.

We didn't hear anyone over us at all the entire time we were there. The room is non-smoking, in very good repair, and very clean. I will request it the next time I go back there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Anne