PDA

View Full Version : Using 6 QS credits w/ only 5 on plan

PADISFAM
05-10-2009, 05:18 PM
We are looking a doing the QS DP -- we also have a TiW Card -- so we will be doing several sit downs -- this will leave us with a few extra QS credits.
Now I know that I can use as many (or all) of our credits in a day -- but my question is this: can we at one ordering time use say 6 credits? (only 5 of us on the plan) or to use the extra do we have to go through 2 seperate orders?

Thanks! :flower3:

TDC Nala
05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
No, you can only use as many credits at one time as you have people on your reservation.

KGH
05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
you can use as many at a time as you'd like, regardless of how many are technically in your party.:)

catne
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
you can use as many at a time as you'd like, regardless of how many are technically in your party.:)

Not at once. As Nala said, they will only ring up the number of meals as the number of people listed on the card - it's printed right on your card...like our cards in January said 2 A in the corner. If you have children on your plan, it specifies that, too like a family of 2 adults, 2 children will say 2 A 2 C. So if your KTTW card says 4 adults, the castmember knows that just by glancing at your card. So they will only ring up 4 counter service meals at a time. I have seen people get turned down many times - "Sorry, sir, you can only purchase 3 meals at a time because there's only 3 on your plan." Course, there is nothing to stop you from going through the line again and ordering more...the computer doesn't keep track of time between meals...so theoretically you could be ordering "lunch" at 11:30, and "dinner" at 11:35.

You CAN purchase as many snacks at once as you wish all at once...up to the total number on your plan.

Dizneydaz
05-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I too have heard the same thing about only being able to get the same amount of meals as your cards states and if am getting more than my card says my DM and I usually order separately, just in case. However, the few times when I have bought more meals than I have people on my card I haven't had a problem. I've now used DDP 5 times, Sept. will be 6th. :goodvibes

Usually on our last day we use our leftover CS (or QS) credits to buy meals for the rest of our last day as well as food for the plane. First time I did this I asked told the cashier we would be ringing them up separately. (Max of 3 each time) she asked me why and I told her. She said she could do them all at once. This was at the food court of one of the deluxe resorts. So the next year when we went there again, I didn't even bother to separate the order.

The one time this came up at TS (my Dniece had joined us mid-trip and wasn't on the DDP) we were eating at Boma so everyone had to pay. I asked the server if he could do one of the meals separately. He asked why and I told him. He said it wasn't a problem, as along as I had enough credits left he could do it all on one. He even asked me who told him I needed to do it. :confused3 For the rest of our TS meals we ordered 3A and 1K meals each time (as per our card) and shared them between the 4A and 1K.

If you are worried they might say something, then have do 2 orders for 3 each. Some cashiers are more strict than others.

KGH
05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Maybe it's changed than, I worked QSR in 2007/2008 and we could do more meal orders than party size at that time... but it could have changed since then! :)

TDC Nala
05-10-2009, 09:17 PM
It's changed since then. The changes are to prevent 1) ordering meals on the dining plan for extra people who aren't on your reservation and 2) ordering meals from the adult menu with CS credits purchased at the children's price. Both of these are against the stated rules of the dining plan.

PADISFAM
05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks everyone for your help! :flower3: