PDA

View Full Version : DDP with an AP question

CLR4321
05-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I know some of you have AP's and will know how this works.
Ok so I am going in Sept for free dining :banana: I have decided I will just buy an AP before I go. Now I know in order to get the free dining that you need to buy at least a 1 day park ticket.
Now, do I have to use that 1 day ticket? Can I just save that 1 day ticket and use it when I need it, with no expiration? And does it need to be me that uses it, or can I give it away to someone else to use?

TIA! :goodvibes

dizneeat
05-10-2009, 01:45 AM
You are right. In order to get free dining, you need to buy a one day base ticket.
Only YOU can use that one day base ticket - tickets are non transferable. But you can keep it and use it towards renewing your AP.

CLR4321
05-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Thanks! I will just save it to put towards a renewal. :thumbsup2

dizneeat
05-10-2009, 02:59 AM
I am glad I could help!:goodvibes

kaytieeldr
05-10-2009, 07:28 AM
How about this:
Include an any-length (one to ten day*) base pass as part of your MYW with Free Dining Package.
Go to Disney.
Enter a park.
Go to Guest Services.
Upgrade your existing MYW pass to an Annual Pass, paying only the difference between yyour ticket's original price and the price of an AP.
Your AP will expire one year from the day you used the original ticket to enter the original park.
See the Everything About Tickets 'sticky' on the Theme Parks Advice & Strategies forum.

Think about it - why pay for a one-day pass, AND pay for an entirely separate AP?

*Yes, of course you can include just the one-day base pass; but the more expensive the pass you include with your package, the less you're going to have to pay at Guest Services.

CLR4321
05-10-2009, 01:33 PM
How about this:
Include an any-length (one to ten day*) base pass as part of your MYW with Free Dining Package.
Go to Disney.
Enter a park.
Go to Guest Services.
Upgrade your existing MYW pass to an Annual Pass, paying only the difference between yyour ticket's original price and the price of an AP.
Your AP will expire one year from the day you used the original ticket to enter the original park.
See the Everything About Tickets 'sticky' on the Theme Parks Advice & Strategies forum.

Think about it - why pay for a one-day pass, AND pay for an entirely separate AP?

*Yes, of course you can include just the one-day base pass; but the more expensive the pass you include with your package, the less you're going to have to pay at Guest Services.

This is a great idea, actually, since my original plan probably wont work. I am getting a 10% off AP coupon from someone, but I found out last night that you need to present it at ticketing at WDW in person by July 31st. I don't think I will be going by then. If I don't, I will likely just keep my current 6 day MYW ticket I bought (well I have the deposit down) and apply it towards the AP. :thumbsup2

Faldred
05-10-2009, 03:10 PM
You are right. In order to get free dining, you need to buy a one day base ticket.
Only YOU can use that one day base ticket - tickets are non transferable. But you can keep it and use it towards renewing your AP.

That is not correct. An unused MYW ticket is fully transferable, they only become non-transferable once they have been used. You can apply the value of an unused ticket (or within 14 days of first use) to an AP renewal.

dizneeat
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
That is not correct. An unused MYW ticket is fully transferable, they only become non-transferable once they have been used. You can apply the value of an unused ticket (or within 14 days of first use) to an AP renewal.

Interesting thought - since they all have my name on them (they are still on my KTTW card) I never dreamed about someone else being able to use them, let alone use them to upgrade another AP!
There is always something new to learn on here! :goodvibes