PDA

View Full Version : PTR - I go to an extreme to go back to Disney! UPDATED

abbadabbadoo
05-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone, I have been in the planning stages of our family trip to disney 9/19-9/27, 2009. First, let me introduce the cast:

Me - Abby, 27 years old, this is my second trip to the world. I am a former Disney Store CM, and I love all things Disney. I'm a self-admitted shopaholic. And i am a planner.
DH - Josh, his second trip to the world. Not a planner, but feeds my need to plan by buying me disney books LOL. Loves Animal Kingdom and Epcot.
DD - Chloe, age 7, her second trip to the world. Princess Chloe Elizabeth Grace loves Disney almost as much as Mommy. She loves the princesses and the fairies, but will tell anyone that will listen that Mickey is her favorite. This is the child that wears her tiara to the grocery store, out in the garden, basically everywhere but school (but only because they're not allowed to wear them there).
DS - Kaol (pronounced Kale, DH wanted "unique spelling" - watch as I roll my eyes), who will be 14 months old when we go. Has many mickey toys, as I am trying to introduce the characters to him. Watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse several mornings a week after sis goes to school.
BFF - Mindy, age 25. Has never been to Disney. Loves Princess Aurora. And rivals me in planning.
BFF 2 - Melissa, age 25, her second trip to the world (her first visit was 4 years ago). Believes she IS a Disney Princess, and very much a shopaholic (i believe she is my "enabler" LOL).

This trip is unique for us for several reasons:
- our DS will be going - his 1st trip to Disney!
- we are taking one of my best friends - Mindy's 1st trip to Disney!
- we are actually taking two friends with us, which is something I've never done on a family vacation
- our friends are going to babysit the kids one night for us = Date night for me and Josh! :yay:

Also, I need to back up and give you a little background about our trip. We went last year and had an AMAZING vacation. It meant so much to me to live my dream - going to Disney - and getting to share it with my DH and DD (who dreamed the same thing). It was our first visit and we were hooked (twice on the plane I was asked, "So when can we come back?" and only once from Chloe). Of course, I wanted to come back, too - but being the planner, I was afraid it would be too hard on our baby this year. So I told them we could come back in 2010. Then something happened that changed my thoughts.

My baby was born on July 9, 2008. I did not have a physically difficult pregnancy, but towards the end it was getting hard. My doctor discovered a tumor but felt that removing it during pregnancy was not safe for the baby. I was 2 weeks past due when Kaol was born, but he was healthy and happy so that was really all that was important. When I went for my 6-weeks checkup, my new doctor (I opted to switch) asked how I was feeling & told him that the recovery seemed slower than with my daughter (I had emergency c-sections with both of my babies). Weeks went by and i still wasn't really feeling great. A few weeks later, he ordered a biopsy and discovered that tumors (there were 3, it turns out). I was diagnosed with cervical cancer.

My son was only a few months old when I was told I had cancer. All I could think was "But I have a baby...and a little girl...and I'm only 26" I was scared and I guess I felt a little sorry for myself. I didn't tell anyone in my family for weeks, even my mom. I knew that my doctor had caught it pretty early and that this type is both treatable and cureable, but it was still a bit scary. My doctor referred me to a cancer clinic, and we decided that radiation would be the best way to treat my case. Then we chose to do a combination of radiation and chemotherapy.

Treatments made me so tired, and I went from being someone on the go all the time to being at home all the time. I found it exhausting just going to the grocery store. I was not myself. One day, after a treatment, I woke up after sleeping for hours in the middle of the day. I told myself, "It's time to stop feeling sorry for yourself. You're going to get better. You just need to figure out how to be happy until you do get better." I started thinking about how lucky I have been in my life - I have two beautiful, happy, & healthy children; my Josh, who has always stood by my side; a wonderful family and friends - and how I should figure out a way to celebrate that.

A few days later, I saw a commercial for Disney's new "What will you celebrate?" campaign. I smiled and thought about how much fun we'd had in Disney. Disney has always been a part of my life - I think that Disney is such a major part of many people's childhood. I talked to my doctor about going on a vacation in the fall of 09. He said he was "cautiously optimistic" about my being in remission by late spring 09 and that by the fall i would be okay to go on a vacation.

I decided that we would go back to Disney World in the fall. I gave Josh a blanket with sorceror mickey on it for Christmas with a note attatched with a ribbon. The note just said "Mickey wants us to come back, and who am I to turn down a request from Mickey?" I think he was more excited than Chloe!

We knew it would take a lot of planning especially for our son. We discussed taking a babysitter with us, and then we thought of asking a friend. I remembered the free admission on your birthday and thought of my friend Mindy, whose b-day is 9/26 (my b-day is 9/11, but i don't celebrate my bday on my actual bday since the September 11 attack on our country). I thought about how much Mindy has always wanted to go, but didn't necessarily have the means to do so. So I asked her if there was any way she could take a week off work in September. She said yes, but wondered why. I told her I wanted to take her on vacation with us. And then I told her that we'd pay for everything but her plane ticket, meal gratuities (I planned to purchase the dining plan), and souvenirs in exchange for her helping me with Kaol and babysitting the kids one night so Josh and I could go out while on our trip. She started crying and said "Yes, I want to go!"

Mindy, Melissa, and I have been friends for years, and we've always done everything together. In fact, we all went to New Orleans together when Chloe was 2. We've always had so much fun together, and I couldn't imagine taking Mindy without taking Melissa.

So, that's the story. I have lots of planning details to share including where we hope to eat, where we're staying, etc. to share. More to come later today!

abbadabbadoo
05-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I forgot to mention, this is my first attempt at a PTR, so this all sort of a learning process for me!

Craftydawn
05-09-2009, 04:56 PM
I am sorry you have had to go through so much. It sounds like you have a WONDERFUL family and support system. :grouphug:

I am looking forward to your trip report! I am subscribing. See you soon! popcorn::

Dawn

abbadabbadoo
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
I am sorry you have had to go through so much. It sounds like you have a WONDERFUL family and support system. :grouphug:

I am looking forward to your trip report! I am subscribing. See you soon! popcorn::

Dawn

Thanks! I do have a great support system! Glad you're on board! :)

abbadabbadoo
05-09-2009, 09:02 PM
Okay, I'm gonna try a new font! LOL And I'm gonna pick up where I left off...

So, after it was decided that it would be a party of six, we started checking on resorts that could accomodate us. We thought about getting two rooms at a value resort, but then I saw the pictures of the family suites at the All-Star Music.

Two days after we made the decision on where to stay, I received an email from disney for Free Dining with a special pin number! I couldn't believe my luck! I knew that if I waited til April they may announce free dining. But this was February! So I picked up the phone and called that day. I paid the deposit and got my confirmation number. It was official - we are going to Disney!!!

Up next, dining dreams....

abbadabbadoo
05-10-2009, 05:50 PM
OK, I'm back! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, EVERYONE! I wont have time to post too much tonight....Josh is taking me to eat at Texas de Brazil! We are both very excited as we have never been there before. We've heard it's AMAZING. I'll give u a mini-review in my next installment. Now, on to the PTR and my dining dreams...

We are on the dining plan, which we are lucky enough to get for free this trip. We plan to use all 8 table-service meals, plus pay out-of-pocket for up to four additional meals.

Being a party of 6, I worried that our tastes as far as food goes may clash. My particular tastes clash with just Josh's tastes sometimes, so I was kind of fearing what my friends may come up with as dining choices. I made a master list of table-service restaraunts, and Josh checked off the ones that appealed to him most. I then let Chloe do the same thing, and I then I checked off what appealed to me. I then sent the list via email to Melissa and Mindy.

The girls reviewed the list and made their selections. I then eliminated any with no check marks, then the ones with just one check mark. At this point I still had over 20 restaraunt choices, so I knew we'd have to narrow it down some more. But how to do it? :confused:

Next, I started really looking at the list. I used the menus at allears.net as a guide to see what kinds of foods each restaraunt served to see if we had similar cuisines at different places. Aha! There are three Italian-themed restaraunts on the list. We know we want to see Fantasmic and are hoping to have the Fantasmic dinner package, so we keep Mama Melrose's on the list. Mindy's favorite movie ever is Lady and the Tramp, so we are still considering maybe doing Tony's Town Square. But we cross off Tutto Italia. So one down, several more to go!

mncherokee
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear you have been going through so much. Happy to hear they caught it in time ;).

My SIS lives in Olive Branch, MS, so I have been to Memphis many times.

I look forward to hearing more of your plans.

abbadabbadoo
05-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Sorry to hear you have been going through so much. Happy to hear they caught it in time ;).

My SIS lives in Olive Branch, MS, so I have been to Memphis many times.

I look forward to hearing more of your plans.

Thank you. My best friend lives in Olive Branch, and my parents live just south of Olive Branch. Small world! Welcome to my PTR!

abbadabbadoo
05-10-2009, 11:53 PM
Okay, we got back from our dinner at Texas de Brazil about an hour ago. One word for this place: YUMMY! I have never seen so much food in my entire life. It was soooo good! I told Josh that we would be spoiled after eating there, and on the way home Josh says, "yeah, I'd like to go back there sometime soon!" LOL

Back to the report....

I wanted to take the time to share our master list of table-service meal choices. These are the restaraunts that had more than one "check mark" by them. If anyone has any opinions on these places, I am definitely interested in hearing them. Here we go:

1. Le Cellier - Epcot - MUST DO - Dinner
2. Cinderella's Royal Table - MK - Breakfast
3. Biergarten - Epcot - Dinner
4. Ohana - Polynesian - Breakfast
5. Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - HS - Dinner (Fantasmic pkg)
6. 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - Dinner
7. Tokyo Dining - Epcot - Dinner
8. Ohana - Polynesian - Dinner
9. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - Dinner
10. Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre - HS - Lunch or Dinner
11. T-Rex Cafe - Downtown Disney - Dinner
12. Crystal Palace - MK - Breakfast OR Dinner
13. Les Chefs de France - Epcot - Dinner
14. Rainforest Cafe - Animal Kingdom - Dinner
15. Chef Mickey's - Contemporary - Breakfast
16. Restaraunt Marrakesh - Epcot - Dinner
17. Rose and Crown - Epcot - Dinner
18. Teppan Edo - Epcot - Dinner
19. Cape May Cafe - Beach Club - Breakfast
20. The Plaza Restaraunt - MK - Lunch or Dinner
21. Tony's Town Square - MK -
22. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House - AK - Breakfast
23. Tutto Italia - Epcot - Dinner

Keep in mind that I eliminated Tutto Italia already. The next thing I noticed about the list is that we have a LOT of character meals on it. So how do I narrow those down? :confused3

abbadabbadoo
05-11-2009, 12:31 AM
I wanted to share this with everyone before I go to bed. I got the name for my PTR from something Josh said to me not too long ago. I told him I wasn't feeling too well after a treatment one day, and he replied, "You just have to go to extremes to get to go back to Disney, don't you?" So we laughed about it, and that is the inspiration for the PTR title. More to come tomorrow!

abbadabbadoo
05-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Okay, I'm back. Last night, I was talking about narrowing down choices for table-service meals. At this point I had narrowed it down to 22, and my goal is to get it down to 11-12. Help?!!!

So I looked at our Table-service choices from last year:
1. Kimonos - Swan - paid OOP - not on dining plan
2. Coral Reef Restaraunt - Epcot - dinner
3. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - dinner
4. Tokyo Dining - Epcot - dinner
5. Planet Hollywood - Downtown Disney - dinner
6. Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House - AK - Breakfast
7. Chef Mickey's - Contemporary - Dinner
8. Cinderella's Royal Table - MK - Lunch
9. Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - Dinner - Fantasmic pkg

Again, several of the same things are on this year's list. So I pull out the list and show it to Josh. Josh REALLY liked Tokyo Dining and wants to go back. He didn't care for Donald's Safari Breakfast that much, and he didn't go to the castle lunch with Chloe and me. He liked Akershus okay, but he suggested if we were going to go there again that we try breakfast. He said the same thing about Chef Mickey's.

I email Melissa asking her about character meals. She says they all sound good. :confused3 Alright, well I decide to go to Chloe. At 7, she definitely is beginning to have her own opinion about things (I know, I'm scared for the teenage years). I ask her which character meals she would like best. She says she wants to go to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast AND dinner, Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, Crystal Palace, and "i definitely want to have breakfast with the princesses". So I offer a compromise. What if I let her go to the Wonderland Tea Party that way she can still see Alice and the Mad Hatter? And we can try 1900 Park Fare for dinner? She happily agrees, i know she wanted to do the tea party last year. Ok, one more down (?) sorta (?)

So I am thinking that if we are going to pay out-of-pocket for a meal it should probly be for a breakfast because it would be a bit cheaper. Anyone have any thoughts on this? And opinions on the character meals in general?

abbadabbadoo
05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
Josh and I look up menus to see if we can cut some of the restaraunts from Epcot off the list since there are so many choices from the World Showcase. We immediately notice that neither one of us find Restaraunt Marrakesh that appealing, but that was one of Mindy's top 3 choices. So I thought about the fact that Josh and I are having a date night either Thursday or Friday night of our trip. So Melissa and Mindy can go to Restaraunt Marrakesh earlier that day (late lunch/early dinner), while Josh and I go get the kids something to eat. Then later that night, Josh and I can go to Les Chefs de France (Mindy and Melissa both expressed that they "weren't too sure" about French cuisine). Well, okay, that solves another one.

Also, we have two table-service meals for Japan (teppan edo and tokyo dining). Josh LOVES sushi, so his choice is obviously Tokyo Dining. Chloe is flexible and would go to either. Melissa loves hibachi-style, so she prefers Teppan Edo. I am kind of indifferent on this one, I am not a huge fan of Japanese food (but I can usually find something on the menu I like). Mindy says she'd probly rather go to Teppan Edo. So, again, we are splitting up our party: Melissa and Mindy will go to Teppan Edo, while Josh, Chloe, and I will go to Tokyo Dining.

abbadabbadoo
05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
So, to recap, here is what we are now working with:

1. Le Cellier - Epcot - Dinner
2. Tokyo Dining/Teppan Edo - Epcot - Dinner
3. Restaraunt Marrakesh/Les Chefs de France - Epcot - Dinner
4. 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian - Dinner
5. Mama Melrose's - HS - Dinner (fantasmic pkg)
6. T-Rex Cafe - Dinner - Out of pocket
7. Cinderella's Royal Table - MK - Breakfast - out of pocket
8. Ohana - Polynesian - Dinner
9. Ohana - Polynesian - Breakfast - we may pay out of pocket for this one

And we are still considering these:

10. Cape May Cafe - Beach Club - Breakfast
11. Chef Mickey's - Contemporary - Breakfast
12. Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Epcot - Breakfast
13. The Plaza Restaraunt - MK - Lunch (?)
14. Crystal Palace - MK - Dinner
15. Tony's Town Square - MK
16. Rainforest Cafe - Animal Kingdom - Dinner

Ok, so I need some help at this point from my fellow DIS-ers! Give me some feedback about these restaraunts! :)

abbadabbadoo
05-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi! Im back! I didn't have much to say yesterday, so I took 2 days off my PTR. Today, I just wanted to share my plans for Mindy's birthday, which falls close to the end of trip on September 26.

Melissa and I are planning a couple of surprises for Mindy's birthday. The biggest thing we want to surprise her with is breakfast at the castle on the morning of her birthday. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I can score that ADR. I can't imagine how cool it would be to have breakfast with the princesses on your birthday.

We are thinking that we will spend about half of that day in the Magic Kingdom, but that is not set in stone yet. I have not yet made dining reservations, so I don't know where our dinner will be that night. But we are ordering a cake for her from the cake hotline (as of now, the plan is to order a cake with the three good fairies and sleeping beauty on it).

Mindy told us recently that she wanted to do a little pin trading while she is down there, and went on ebay to find herself some pins and a lanyard. She found a sleeping beauty lanyard and two pins. So Melissa and I have both been shopping for pins for her as well

I bought her an autograph book last night, and I'm hoping to make her a little disney welcome kit as part of her birthday present.

abbadabbadoo
05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Also, wanted to share my alternate plan if we can't get the reservations for CRT: out back-up is to get a reservation for breakfast at Akershus. I guess only time will tell which place we will end up! :yay:

abbadabbadoo
05-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Today I talked to a CM from the Cake Hotline about ideas for Mindy's birthday. She was very helpful, and had lots of great suggestions! I am very excited about planning her special day.

CM talked to me alot about the chocolate slipper available at Cinderella's Royal Table and at 1900 Park Fare. They sound amazing! Now I'm thinking I might order one for her at breakfast at CRT (assuming we get that reservation). Anyway, I just wanted to pass that along...

abbadabbadoo
05-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Also wanted to share that we ordered our tix for the Not-So-Scary Halloween party for September 22. We are soo excited about going!

Josh, Chloe, and I attended the party last year on 9/26. We had such a great time! I'm looking forward to going back. We think the day of the party we will kinda "take it easy" or maybe have that be a Water Park day. We don't want to overwhelm Kaol, so he and I will definitely head to the room for his long afternoon nap. Then hopefully, we can eat dinner either at the Magic Kingdom or at one of the resorts then head to the party. It should be a blast! :cool1:

MinnieNurse
05-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Just found your report and am all caught up, I am doing my first PTR also, you'll have to check it out.

I cant think of a better thing to celebrate than your remission, I hope you continue to do well.

How fun to take your 2 BFF, I think I want to be your friend so you can take me for my Birthday. :rotfl:

Your choices look great for ADR's, we are trying some of the same places in August. I was just wandering-I think you can upgrade from free dining to the deluxe plan and just pay the difference. I wander if it would be cheaper than paying OOP for several meals. We did the deluxe in December and its nice if you want to do a lot of TS because you get 3 meals a day and it can be CS or TS your choice.

abbadabbadoo
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Just found your report and am all caught up, I am doing my first PTR also, you'll have to check it out.

I cant think of a better thing to celebrate than your remission, I hope you continue to do well.

How fun to take your 2 BFF, I think I want to be your friend so you can take me for my Birthday. :rotfl:

Your choices look great for ADR's, we are trying some of the same places in August. I was just wandering-I think you can upgrade from free dining to the deluxe plan and just pay the difference. I wander if it would be cheaper than paying OOP for several meals. We did the deluxe in December and its nice if you want to do a lot of TS because you get 3 meals a day and it can be CS or TS your choice.

Thanks! I think remission is a great thing to celebrate, too! :) Welcome - glad to have you!

I will have to read your PTR, and I hope to read about your adventures when you get home from Disney! Let me know about all of those restaraunts!

We are considering possibly upgrading to the deluxe dining plan. Josh is a little back and forth about it - he thinks we will end up with a lot of unused meals, but I think it may be the best way to go. Thanks for recommending that, though - it's a good idea!

abbadabbadoo
05-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Today, I am gonna share my pre-planning shopping activity - I have been on ebay, much to Josh's dismay! :rotfl:

I have been trying to buy a few things for our trip here and there. About a month ago, I bought 2 autograph books - one for Mindy (as part of her b-day present) and one for Chloe. I also found a "Four Parks, One World" scrapbook that I saw last year in the stores and a 2008 disney scrapbook kit for a great price - perfect to help me finish my scrapbook from last year's trip! Hehe

And I have been buying pins here and there. I found a seller whose starting price on pins is really low, so I started buying from him. Before I knew it, I had won 40 pins (as I mentioned in the beginning of the PTR, I'm a bit of a shopaholic) :) So I'm good on pins for not only Josh, Chloe, and myself, but for Mindy and Melissa too! LOL My "strategy" was to buy the cheaper pins so I can trade them for some I like more - although, I found some pretty cool ones in the process that both Chloe and I want to keep.

Today, I have been trying to find matching accessories for some of Chloe's princess costumes. I'm looking mostly for the shoes, she has grown a lot this year - and while she can wear nearly all of her costumes, she needs to go up a size in shoes so she'll be comfortable. I have had mixed success - I found a seller who gets all of her merchandise from the BBB, so that's amazing - I've only found 2 of the 5 I'm looking for. But I am pretty persistant, so I know I'll find them all eventually! LOL

abbadabbadoo
05-16-2009, 08:13 PM
I forgot to add that I found a Pal Mickey several months ago on ebay also. We wanted to get Pal Mickey last year, and I called the merchandise mail-order team to see about getting it for Chloe for Christmas. To my dismay, the CM told me they discontinued Pal Mickey in October 08, and it was nearly impossible to find outside of ebay. I found one that came with 2 extra outfits, and it looks brand new. When it came in the mail, I opened it immediately, and Chloe played with it for hours. Kaol is mesmerized by it, it's really cute.

abbadabbadoo
05-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Whew! I am posting late tonight! I didn't have too much extra time to use the computer today until now. My DD Chloe has a program at school tomorrow night, and they are supposed to wear a red shirt and black pants or a black skirt. Well, we had the pants and skirt, but NO red shirt! Isn't that crazy?! So I took her to the mall on a "quick trip" to find her a red top to wear. We found one in the first store we went in, but neither of us were too crazy about it (she is VERY opinionated when it comes to what she wears - its so funny sometimes). So I suggest we go to a few other stores and look. One of them had NOT ONE RED item in the store - not even one - I was shocked. We were kind of frustrated about it, so we decided to take a break from looking for red tops and go in the disney store (LOL like I need an excuse). Imagine my surprise (and happiness) when they had red high school musical tshirts on sale in the front of the store! YAY! So of course that is what Chloe wants. Whew, what a relief - and I am glad that's over!

abbadabbadoo
05-18-2009, 01:03 AM
So, I mentioned taking Chloe to the Disney Store in my last post a few minutes ago. They have the cutest Disney crocs, and I've been wanting to get some for both her and Kaol. When we got there today, they no longer had her size in the style I liked. And Princess Chloe does not like the style they do have in her size. Oh well, so I think I'll just go home and check on ebay after she goes to bed. Again, like I need an excuse. ;)

I actually found them in several different colors and styles on ebay, which is always a plus. But then while I was on there, I found myself looking up other Disney-related items. Arrrggghh! Stop me before I spend more! LOL I was pretty good (for me). I paid for her Crocs and then I signed out before I could do any further damage.

On a similar note, a fellow DIS-er referred me to Mrs. B on ebay for costumes and or coordinating princess accessories. I was so glad to find her! She found some of the shoes I was looking for and an Alice dress. Yay! I just wanted to share that because I was super excited to have found most of what we were looking for, all from one person!

MinnieNurse
05-18-2009, 08:49 AM
Its an addiction. I have lost count of all the things I have bought for my trip in August. 3 pair of flip flops, 2 bags, 4 shirts, plain t-shirts to make shirts, transfer paper, swimsuit.....

abbadabbadoo
05-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Its an addiction. I have lost count of all the things I have bought for my trip in August. 3 pair of flip flops, 2 bags, 4 shirts, plain t-shirts to make shirts, transfer paper, swimsuit.....

That is so true, and so funny! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
05-18-2009, 01:36 PM
I'm going to post earlier today, after my late night last night! I'll jump right back in with my shopping addiction....

Well, I was bad last night....I bought the Alice dress, Pocahontas boots, sequin mary janes, Jasmine shoes, and Jasmine jewelry from Mrs. B on ebay. LOL

abbadabbadoo
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Today, I am anxiously awaiting our tickets to the not-so-scary Halloween party. I'm hoping they will arrive either today or tomorrow.

I know I mentioned it before, but I just want to say again how much FUN the party was last year. We got to meet a lot of characters I didn't know would be out, and we saw some favorites in the parade (I was so excited about seeing the hyenas from The Lion King!). We met Tweedledee & Tweedledum, the Queen of Hearts, and Alice on the Mad Hatter's Treat Trail. We saw Minnie in her witch costume, and saw Snow White with all seven of her dwarves (CM told us the wait for the group was 45 minutes, so we opted not to wait for that one). We LOVED Hallowishes, the fireworks show. Chloe got LOTS of candy and we rode rides with little to no wait. It was great.

abbadabbadoo
05-21-2009, 12:26 AM
What a crazy week we've had in my household! Chloe had a program Monday evening, and they are having an Accelerated Reader Awards program tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday, we had a baby shower to go to, and today Chloe and I cleaned! Sorry I have neglected the PTR a little. Between all that is going on and the last two nights of American Idol, it seems I get in over my head a little sometimes. LOL

We received the halloween party tickets in the mail today. I excitedly ripped open the package and looked at them. There were 5 tickets, all with the "Celebrate Today!" and WDW logo on them. Chloe's ticket is purple with Pluto on it. The 4 adults tickets are also 4 different characters: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. I think it's great that there were different characters. Anyway, that just made me even more excited about our trip! :)

abbadabbadoo
05-21-2009, 12:40 AM
Also wanted to share a bit of Disney magic when it comes to booking our flight. From the time I booked the trip, I began routinely checking the airline and travel websites for deals. I received an email from one of the travel sites saying that fares had dropped 17%. I checked on it, but for our dates of travel, the tickets were not discounted. Another two weeks or so went by, and i decided to check directly with the airlines again. I found flights with times that were convenient to us (morning flight there, afternoon flight going home). And on top of everything else, they had a sale, with just 5 tickets left at that price! I jumped on the opportunity, called Mindy & Melissa to let them know the prices of the tickets, and reserved them right then and there. And I'm glad I did. I had an email from the airlines the other day, and just to satisfy my curiosity, I looked up flights from Memphis to Orlando. To my surprise, the flights I booked have gone up nearly $60 a ticket! I was nervous about booking our flights so early, but I am seeing that, at least in this case, it pays to book months ahead of time.

abbadabbadoo
05-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm gonna stray from the regular PTR talk to share something with y'all. My daughter had an Accelerated Reader program today, and it turns out she was second place (second highest points) for the whole grade! I was so proud! She received a certificate, a candy bag, dog tags with her point status and "club" level (such as 25 point club), and a medallion with her name and the year engraved. I was a very proud momma today!

abbadabbadoo
05-21-2009, 11:02 PM
Now back to the PTR. I'm doing a little better with my massive list of table-service meals....I dropped two more in the last day & a half. My friend Holly just got back from WDW (sigh, i know) and she was telling me about her dining experiences. Also, tomorrow, she is coming over with a surprise for Chloe! I cant wait to talk to her more about her trip!

Craftydawn
05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi again! I just wanted to say WTG on the plane fare! That can make or break a vacation. I am a little worried about that for my trip next year (it's still a long time away) because I am flying from California and airfare is always outrageous.

What a proud Momma you must be!! Second in the whole grade is AWESOME! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Can't wait for your next update!

abbadabbadoo
05-26-2009, 12:42 AM
Hi again! I just wanted to say WTG on the plane fare! That can make or break a vacation. I am a little worried about that for my trip next year (it's still a long time away) because I am flying from California and airfare is always outrageous.

What a proud Momma you must be!! Second in the whole grade is AWESOME! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Can't wait for your next update!

Thank you so much! You are so right, the airfare really can make or break a vacation. I was thrilled to find a deal. And I am super proud of Chloe - I cant believe she'll be out of school in 2 days! :teacher:

abbadabbadoo
05-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi, after a 3-day break I am back. I went to my mom's Saturday and just got back a few hours ago. I'm fortunate that my parents live only an hour & a half away, I can visit more often. We had a good time, and stayed an extra day (I planned to come home last night, but Chloe was having such a good time and begged to stay until today). So thats where I have been. LOL didnt mean to go MIA on anyone!

More on my PTR tomorrow, I promise! ;)

abbadabbadoo
05-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi again! Today and yesterday were a little crazy because this is Chloe's last week of school (they were out for Memorial Day, but had to return Tuesday and today). But she is finished now! And so excited for summer! We actually don't have too much planned this summer so far. Chloe is going to take swimming lessons starting in mid-June, and there is something here called "Princess Camp" at a music/dance studio - Chloe went last year and had a blast, so she will probably do it again this year. And of course, we are planning to get a group of friends from school together to go see "Up" this weekend or early next week.

But back to my Disney trip.....

In the last few days I have really made some progress toward making my budget sheet. I don't have to make it super strict, I like to be a little flexible -but I also like having some type of game plan so that we don't spend half of our souvenir money at the Food & Wine Festival kiosks. Not that it wouldn't be tasty...LOL Josh and I have all these little jars or gift boxes that we designate to different aspects of the trip we need to save for. Examples include baggage fees at the airport, refillable mugs, extra snack money, etc.

Also I am trying to come up with some ways to make a little bit more money for our trip. I am thinking of selling Chloe's outgrown princess gowns on ebay or craig's list or something. Goodness knows we have lots of them. I participate in consignment sales, but the next couple in my area aren't until late August - mid September. Either way though I am sure I will think of a plan....it would definitely be nice to have more spending money! :woohoo:

flipflopmom
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey! I am checking out your PTR, it sounds like we think a lot alike. I don't have any princess costumes for Tink and Goofy yet. Goofy can wear one of Tink's old ones, but Tink doesn't want any part of it. I DVR'd Full House at Disney yesterday, and Stephanie was about her age in a Cinderella dress.... Maybe that will sway her!

adisneymama
05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Hi I made it over too. I'm glad you are doing so well with the treatment! And what better way to celebrate! We took our first trip when my DD was 14 mos. DS went at 10 mos. You'll be fine. It was so much fun!

abbadabbadoo
06-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Hi again! So it has been over a week now since my last post! We've had some crazy things happen this past week (crazy in a good way mainly, with the exception of the computer crashing!). Our computer crashed and we just had it fixed. So I've been going through some major DIS withdrawal!

I am doing a LOT better on narrowing down my table-service meal list. Over the weekend, I compared notes with Melissa and Mindy about which character meals they consider "Must Do." Amazingly enough, we all had one of them on our list, and Chloe & Mindy had the same Top 3! So I think we have all agreed on three, plus we are still hoping to surprise Mindy with breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. We knocked four more choices off the list! Here are the character meals we are hoping for:

1900 Park Fare - Dinner
Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast w/Lilo & Stitch - Breakfast
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Breakfast

There is still the possibility we'll spring for a breakfast at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace, I guess we will wait and see what happens on June 21 (the day my window opens to book ADRs).

abbadabbadoo
06-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Hi I made it over too. I'm glad you are doing so well with the treatment! And what better way to celebrate! We took our first trip when my DD was 14 mos. DS went at 10 mos. You'll be fine. It was so much fun!

Thanks, I appreciate that reassurance. I keep telling myself and DH that we'll be fine. :) Glad to have you on board!

abbadabbadoo
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey! I am checking out your PTR, it sounds like we think a lot alike. I don't have any princess costumes for Tink and Goofy yet. Goofy can wear one of Tink's old ones, but Tink doesn't want any part of it. I DVR'd Full House at Disney yesterday, and Stephanie was about her age in a Cinderella dress.... Maybe that will sway her!

Aww, I bet Cinderella will be a great choice for her! I love that dress/costume - my little girl has 2 Cinderella dresses that currently still fit and has outgrown another! That's so funny about Full House - isn't it funny what sways our girls sometimes?

Welcome to my PTR!

abbadabbadoo
06-04-2009, 07:18 PM
I am very happy to see that the September hours have been posted. I can kind of plan a little bit before I make my dining ADR's on the 21st! I know that things can change, but for now it looks like Fantasmic is only going to be performed twice during our stay (Sunday 9/20 and Friday 9/25). So it looks like we're going to try to get the Fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's on Sunday, and I guess that means Sunday will probably be our Hollywood Studios day.

On another happy note, Chloe's disney crocs from ebay came in yesterday! They are so cute. They are the hot pink ones with the mickey heads. I was able to get Kaol's in my local Disney Store (his are blue with a lime green strap and mickey heads)....so cute!!!!

abbadabbadoo
06-08-2009, 08:57 PM
I just wanted to say that I promise to be better about updating my TR more often! LOL Seriously though, June 21 is my 90-day mark and at that point I will have something to add at least every other day. By the 45-day mark, Ill be updating daily! ;)

Chloe's best friend from school is moving back to Texas next Sunday, so I let Chloe invite her over to spend the night last night. I forget how much energy 6 and 7 year old girls have sometimes! And how little sleep they need! LOL
I wish I could bottle their energy, I'd make a fortune. The girls are going to be getting together a few more times this week before they leave on Sunday.

I am taking notes from another PTR I've been keeping up with - thanks flipflopmom - and I myself am going to be sharing my master list of things I need to do before we leave for our trip. And I will give yall updates on dining soon, too - just 13 more days til I make ADR's!!

abbadabbadoo
06-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Just want to share that today is my 100-day mark. I am so excited, I am counting down the days! I am really happy that I'll be able to make ADR's in 10 more days!

For the past couple days, Chloe and Layla have been pretty much inseparable. Layla spent the night here Monday night, Chloe spent the night with her last night, and Layla is here tonight. I think that her mom's taking them swimming or to a movie tomorrow while I'm at the doctor. The movers are coming to help them finish loading everything Saturday, so now her mom thinks they will go ahead and head out on Saturday night. I am a little worried about Chloe's reaction to this - they have spent a lot of time together since school was out, and they are most likely leaving Saturday evening.

Next, I am going to post my list of things to do in preparation for our trip and our list of narrowed-down table-service choices (and backups).

adisneymama
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
WOW Only 10 more days! WooHOO!

MinnieNurse
06-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Cant wait to see your ADR's.

:yay::yay:Yay, for the 100 day mark. :yay::yay:

abbadabbadoo
06-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi again! I have had a very crazy last few days, and haven't found any extra time to check the disboards since the 14th! I've had withdrawals!!! LOL I am sorry I left everyone hanging, but since we had such a long break I have LOTS to add to this PTR.

As everyone following along knows, yesterday (June 21) was my ADR day. On Saturday, Melissa and I took DD & DS to Six Flags in St Louis for Melissa's company picnic. We decided on Friday that we would spend the night there on Saturday night, so I knew I'd have to set my phone's alarm to make sure I didn't miss getting those coveted ADRs!

I woke up at 5:30 yesterday morning in preparation to call at 6 (since we're an hour behind WDW). I got my "Disney notebook" out, a pencil, a pen, and another pad of paper. I made a very quick priority list (#1 castle b-fast, #2 Le Cellier, etc.), and called Disney Dining. It was 5:58 and they were not yet open - Ooops! I blame my excitement. I call again at 6 on the dot only to be told by the recorded message that I have an estimated 16-minute wait. I immediately panic a little, but I wait it out listening to disney music for 28 minutes. Yes, I did say 28.

CM says "Thank you for calling Disney Dining, this is ______. May I help you make a dining or Cirque du Soleil reservation today?" I have never been happier to hear those words in my life. I tell him I need to make my ADRs and he verified my reservation info. He then says the best thing ever - "Ok, you're all set. Let's get those ADR's. What is your first choice please?" I blurt out "Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast, September 26, party of 5 (DH doesn't care to go this one), early reservation....please?" He laughs and checks it. And informs me that they do have an opening that morning BEFORE park opening at 8:35 a.m. I am so happy and I choke up as I tell him that is fine, and I will take that reservation.

Next on my dining wish list: Le Cellier. I tell CM this second choice and he says, "Wow, you like the difficult ones, don't you?" and laughs. I anxiously wait as he searches for dinner reservations at Le Cellier for any night of our 8-night stay. No Saturday 9/19 (not a problem, i didn't think we'd hit the parks that first day anyway). No Sunday 9/20 (again no problem as I think this will be our Hollywood studios day so we can catch Fantasmic that night). No Monday 9/21. No Tuesday 9/22 (that would have been difficult anyway, bc we have the halloween party that night). No Wednesday 9/23. No Thursday 9/24. Finally, Friday 9/25......they have 2 slots left! I very happily accept a 8:05 pm reservation for Le Cellier.

Coming up...more on ADRs! :cool1:

abbadabbadoo
06-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Picking back up where I left off, the CM checks choice #3 for me....Mama Melrose's as part of the Fantasmic package. Fantasmic is playing only twice during our stay, the 20th (Sunday) and the 25th (Friday). I have just received the much-longed for Le Cellier ADR for Friday night, so we are trying to get it for Sunday. NO LUCK. All 3 participating restaraunts are booked solid. He checks Friday night just in case - again, nothing. The only thing left available is a 3:15 pm at the Brown Derby. I politely decline. I do not want to trade my Le Cellier ADR for Brown Derby (especially since Brown Derby is a signature restaraunt and requires 2 ts credits per person). CM then checks for any availability for Mama Melrose at all for that Sunday evening for me. Nothing. He apologizes, and tells me I should check back weekly to check the availability of this package.

Next up, Ohana dinner. I am a little anxious. He finds a few openings there for me, and I choose Monday evening at 6:35 p.m. Yay! This was another place we REALLY wanted to try, so I am thrilled.

At this point, I decide to try my luck with the other character meals we wanted. CM finds dinner at 1900 Park Fare for our first night of the trip (this is awesome, I think this will be a great way to start the trip). He then finds dinner at Crystal Palace on the night of the MNSSHP for me (I was hoping to get a reservation in the MK that night so we'd have as much time as possible to enjoy the MK and the party). Then Chloe's single most requested meal: Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast. No problems there at all. Next, breakfast at Akershus. Score! He finds breakfast at 8:30, before park opening on Friday. How lucky am I?!!

Then we go back to "regular" ts meals. CM finds our Epcot top picks with ease. He even makes a suggestion or two about timing choices so we are sure to catch Illuminations. I really need to give him credit, he was FANTASTIC...very patient and very helpful.

He then finds breakfast at Chef Mickey's on our final day. :worship: I am in shock....I have been told that it is nearly impossible to get a breakfast reservation there on the weekends, especially since it is the last meal we booked and I was on the phone with him for a long time.

Coming up next.....our complete list of TS ADR's.

abbadabbadoo
06-22-2009, 04:52 PM
So here is our list of ADRS, in date order:

9/19 - Dinner at 1900 Park Fare 7:35 pm
9/20 - Lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In 2:05 pm Hoping for fantasmic package opening, but just in case....
9/20 - Dinner at T-Rex at 10 pm
9/21 - Dinner at Ohana at 6:35 pm
9/22 - Dinner at the Crystal Palace at 6:05 pm
9/23 - Dinner at Biergarten 6:20 pm
9/24 - Breakfast at Ohana 8:40 am
9/24 - Dinner at Tokyo Dining 6:00 pm
9/25 - Breakfast at Akershus 8:30 am
9/25 - Dinner at Le Cellier 8:05 pm
9/26 - Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table 8:35 am
9/26 - Dinner at Tony's Town Square 5:50 pm (everyone but josh and I)
9/26 - Dinner at Les Chefs de France 6 pm (josh and I)
9/27 - Breakfast at Chef Mickey's

Some of this may change slightly. Josh and I were supposed to have our date night on either Thursday or Friday evening, but we couldn't get Chefs de France on Thursday and we didn't want to give up the Le Cellier adr on Friday. We were also thinking of adding the Cape May Cafe breakfast or Donald's Safari Breakfast maybe on Monday morning.

Josh and I are thinking right now that we will still have our "just the two of us" dinner on Saturday, but meet everyone else immediately afterwards back at the MK (their ADR is at Tony's). We think date night will be Thursday evening after we all have dinner together at Tokyo Dining.

abbadabbadoo
06-22-2009, 05:08 PM
I should have mentioned this before I posted all of my ADR's. Josh decided that he would be greatly outnumbered by the women on our trip (although I pointed out that he had Kaol on his side LOL), and he begged me to let him invite his friend Jeff. I have known him almost as long as I have known Josh, and I think he's a great guy - he reminds me of Chris Farley. I told Josh that if Jeff didn't mind hanging with the princesses and the young prince then he was welcome to go, under a few conditions: 1) he'd have to book his own flight, 2) he'd have to pay his share by August 1 (I have to have the balance paid by August 5), 3) he'd have to be okay with character meals (he agreed, but also opted like josh, to skip breakfast at CRT), 4) he'd have to purchase his MNSSHP ticket on his own because I already ordered & received everyone else's, and 5) he'd be on his own or with the girls on mine and Josh's date night. So we added him to reservation last week. Our celebration is getting bigger and bigger!

flipflopmom
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Only fellow Disers understand the elation of getting ADRS! DH thought I was loony!

I am loving the online ADR system. Have you checked it out yet? I checked it like 15 times in two days for a Chef Mickeys! I saw one, debated on it for about 15 minutes, and when I went back it was GONE!!!! When one came up today, I jumped on it. If you're not sure, add it and "continue shopping" and it will keep it in your cart for two hours if you are actively searching for others! I am doing it again to get an earlier Ohana time!

abbadabbadoo
06-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Only fellow Disers understand the elation of getting ADRS! DH thought I was loony!

I am loving the online ADR system. Have you checked it out yet? I checked it like 15 times in two days for a Chef Mickeys! I saw one, debated on it for about 15 minutes, and when I went back it was GONE!!!! When one came up today, I jumped on it. If you're not sure, add it and "continue shopping" and it will keep it in your cart for two hours if you are actively searching for others! I am doing it again to get an earlier Ohana time!

No, I haven't checked it out yet, but I think I'm going to! Especially since Im thinking I might want to add a breakfast for Monday morning! Im so jealous of you - your vacation is quickly approaching! :)

PookieB
06-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Joining in. Grats on Remission! :goodvibes What a wonderful way to celebrate! I also am doing my first TR. Those are some great ADRs.

abbadabbadoo
06-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Joining in. Grats on Remission! :goodvibes What a wonderful way to celebrate! I also am doing my first TR. Those are some great ADRs.

Thank you so much! I'll have to check out your TR too! I wish I were going as soon as you are! Thanks for reading! :)

abbadabbadoo
06-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Hi again! Just wanted to hop on again and share a few more details of our trip. Now that we have ADRs I am going to start working on a "rough draft" schedule. It will have to be somewhat flexible with Kaol needing breaks for naps and things like that. And I also will be checking in weekly with the disney dining about that Mama Melrose reservation. Will post more tomorrow! :)

abbadabbadoo
06-26-2009, 01:28 PM
Sorry I haven't been on in 2 days, our internet service is acting kinda funny. I tried to get on four different times yesterday, but couldn't pull anything up. Again, same thing this morning. But hey! working now, so I'm gonna use it while I can.

Im going to call Disney Dining tonight to add the Wonderland Tea Party to our reservation (for Chloe). I couldn't add it the other day when I called because the kids programs only allow you to add them EXACTLY 90 days from the date you want to do them. I think I couldve actually called them yesterday, but I am doing it this afternoon. Chloe wants to do the tea party on Wednesday September 23. Will post again with an update about this.

Coming up next, my list of things to buy/bought already in preparation of the trip!

abbadabbadoo
06-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Ok, so here is a list of things to buy in preparation of the trip. Those marked with a * have already been purchased:

Pink Disney Crocs for Chloe *
Blue/green Disney Crocs for Kaol *
Flip-flops for Chloe *
Flip-flops for Kaol *
Flip-flops for Josh *
Sneakers for Josh
Sneakers for Chloe
New pack of Socks for Josh
New pack of socks for Me
Shorts for Me
Crops/Capris for Me
Cargo shorts for Josh *
Disney Tshirts for Chloe (Princesses, Tink, Camp Rock, etc) *
Disney "Onesies" for Kaol (Dumbo, Pooh, and Mickey) *
Other outfits for Chloe *
Other outfits for Kaol *
Costume for MNSSHP for Kaol
Pin Lanyard for Kaol *
Extra Pins for Trading *
Pins for Mindy (bday gift) *
Pal Mickey *
Disney Scrapbook for Mindy (bday gift) *
Disney Scrapbook for Me *
Poncho for Chloe *
Poncho for Kaol's Stroller
Smaller Umbrella stroller for Kaol
Swimming diapers for Kaol
Swimsuits for Kaol (2) *
Swimsuits for Chloe (2-3) *
Swimsuit for Me
Swim Trunks for josh (2) *
Disney Dollars for Chloe and Kaol
New digital camera *
New Memory card *
Alice in Wonderland costume for Chloe *
Snacks
Bottled water (to be shipped to resort)
Water misting fan
Disney towels (?)
Glow in the dark bracelets *
Autograph Book for Chloe *
Autograph Book for Mindy (bday gift) *
"Disney gifts" for Chloe (list in next post)

I'm sure there's actually more to add to this list, I guess I'll update that as we go along. Post again later today!

flipflopmom
06-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Love reading the plans of a fellow list maker, OCD planner!;)

abbadabbadoo
06-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Now, here are the things I have planned for Chloe as her "Disney gifts" - she finds one back in the room after we get home from the parks each night of our trip. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Pink Mickey Head Earrings
2. Blue Mickey Head Earrings
3. Jasmine crown and jewelry
4. Jasmine costume and shoes
5. Alice in wonderland costume (for the tea party)
6. Princess photo album

I'm sure there is more to this list, too - more to follow! :)

abbadabbadoo
06-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Love reading the plans of a fellow list maker, OCD planner!;)

Thanks! I've been using yours as a reference! ;) Im so jealous of how close yall are to your vacation! Hope you have a blast!

abbadabbadoo
06-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Again with internet problems. UGH! I was ready to throw something at the computer on Sunday, and to be honest, I didn't even try yesterday. Tonight, no problems at all. Such is life....

So, we've had a LOT going on this past week....birthday parties, shopping trips, swimming lessons, etc. Life is crazy sometimes, but its good. Chloe has been just going, going, going. My baby will be 1 year old in 10 days (july 9). It's so hard to believe....

Back to the PTR. I last left you my list of things to puchase and chloe's disney gifts list. I will post my list of things to do in prep of the trip tomorrow. I've got several errands to run in the morning, and Im hoping to have time to stop by my local Disney store cuz a friend of mine says they're having a good sale. :cool1: Sales are always a good thing, especially when planning for a Disney vacation!

abbadabbadoo
07-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi again, everyone! I have missed being on the boards - seems like some days I dont have time for ANYTHING! A good thing I can say about taking a break from my PTR, though, is that now I have LOTS to add to it!

On a non-Disney related note, my brother left for Alaska yesterday afternoon. He is in the Air Force (went through ROTC in college) and his first station assignment is in Anchorage, Alaska. He has always been my "annoying little brother," but he grew up on me one day. I am so proud of him, and he is DD's hero. He and Chloe are pretty close, so it was kinda hard on us knowing he was leaving for a while. Hopefully though, we will have the opportunity to go and see him at the beginning of next year.

Also on a non-Disney note, I had a "cold gone bad" that I am just now getting over - that is the reason I had to take a break from my PTR. it started as a basic cold, but then I developed bronchitis. My doctor was concerned that with my weakened immune system that I would end up with pneumonia. He told me to take it easy, which if you know me is kind of hard to do! But I did get lots of rest and am feeling MUCH better.

Now for more disney details....

abbadabbadoo
07-21-2009, 05:59 PM
Back to my Disney-related stuff!

A while back, I told y'all about ordering the Alice dress from the infamous Mrs. B. When I ordered it, I also ordered some princess shoes that were multicolored sequined mary janes - cute and look comfortable. And would definitely match a lot of the princess gowns! Well, at the time I ordered my items from her, Mrs. B had to email me back to tell me the shoes were on backorder and she should get more the next week. She emailed me again a few days later and told me she received some more in Chloe's size. I was so impressed by her level of customer service (she packs the gowns/costumes/shoes/accessories meticulously) that I decided to go ahead and order two more costumes from her - Ariel's ballgown (like the one she wears at Akershus, it looks almost exactly like it) and Jasmine's costume. They should be here tomorrow - she shipped the shoes separately, and they have already arrived - they are soo cute!

So, Princess Chloe will definitely have the appropriate costumes to wear! princess:

abbadabbadoo
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
This past Wednesday, I took the kids shopping for jeans for Chloe for school (she starts school again August 10). We went to the mall, and we actually found two pairs that fit her and she liked (which is not always an easy task....she is tall and skinny, so we HAVE to get jeans with an adjustable waist - and she, of course, will usually pick at least one pair that don't have the adjustable waist LOL). It didn't take us long to get her jeans, so I thought we'd stop in our Disney Store. I am glad we did - that morning, they had started 40% off their clearance prices! One of the CM's told me that they had announced it at 10:30 that morning and that they were a "test store" for it - meaning not all of the other stores were running that promotion.

I picked up a few things, some for the trip. I couldnt help but notice how a lot of the items they had would make GREAT Christmas gifts. It is hard to shop for Christmas gifts with the kids, though, so I bought a few things and then asked a cast member if there was any way they could pull some items and hold them for me until I could come back up there without the kids. The manager was there, and she said they could hold them for me overnight so I wouldn't have to rush back! YAY!

abbadabbadoo
07-21-2009, 07:23 PM
So I took my disney purchases home late that afternoon, and was super excited about showing Josh my "treasures" when he got off work. I showed him everything, and then told him about what I had on hold. He doesn't get excited about my shopping, but tells me that if I go back up there, i should look for tshirts we could wear on the trip. LOL give me a reason to go shopping!

Kaol (DS) had a doctor's appointment the next day, and we ended up spending most of the day recovering from his 1-year shots (poor baby....I cant watch when he gets a shot....I hold him and look away). Needless to say, we didn't make it back to the disney store. I call the manager to let them know that I won't make it that day but do want my items. I speak to different CM this time, but they say no problem and encourage me to come on Saturday as they are having a (My Friends Tigger and Pooh) Super Sleuth honey pot scavenger hunt for the kids.

I decide this might be fun for Chloe, so early Saturday afternoon we go back to the Disney Store. At this point, they still have 40% off the clearance, and they have some things out that I didn't see when I was there Wednesday. I pick up some more items, but am facing the dilemna of having the kids while trying to buy gifts again. This time, a CM approaches Chloe about the scavenger hunt and of course, Chloe wants to do it - what suprised me though was that the CM told me she would take her around while "Mom looks around a little" and winked. Bless her! So I quickly grab a few items I had in mind for Chloe for Christmas and take them to the registers for them to hide behind the registers while I am shopping for everything else. :woohoo:

Here are the items I purchased that day and that past Wednesday (including what they held for me):

Little Einsteins Leo's Musical Baton - originally $16.50, clearance price $7.99, with the extra 40% off $4.79

Ariel Charm Bracelet in gift box - originally $12.50, clearance price $3.99, with extra 40% off $2.39

Ladies Minnie Mouse Tank Top - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Girls Tinkerbell one-piece swimsuit - originally $19.50, clearance price $9.99, with extra 40% off $5.99

Mickey stretch sleeper - originally $12.50, clearance price $7.99, with 40% off $4.79

Princess Wobble Pen Set - originally $9.50, clearance price $4.99, with 40% off $2.99

Mickey Toddler Swim Trunks - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Mickey Toddler Swim Rash Guard (top) - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo toddler swim trunks - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo toddler rash guard - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, with extra 40% off $3.59

Finding Nemo Motorized Water Blaster - originally $9.50, clearance price $2.99, with extra 40% off $1.79

Ariel Aviator Sunglasses - originally $6.50, sale 75% off $1.62

Ariel "Glamour" Sunglasses (w rhinestones) - originally $6.50, sale 75% off $1.62

Girls Sleeping Beauty Fashion Sandals - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Girls Multi-Princess Fashion Sandals - originally $12.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Pack of 10 Replacement Straws for Dome Tumblers - originally $3.50, clearance price $1.99, extra 40% off $1.20

Plush Roo (stuffed toy) - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Plush Mushu - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Plush Rabbit - originally $14.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Princess Gazebo with Accessories (fits tiny princesses, the ones that are about the same size as Kelly dolls) - originally $16.50, clearance price $9.99, extra 40% off $5.99

Ariel nightgown - originally $16.50, clearance price $9.99, extra 40% off $5.99

Wall-E PJ Pals - originally $16.50, clearance price $5.99, extra 40% off $3.59

Giselle (from Enchanted) Deluxe Costume - originally $99.50, clearance price $49.99, extra 40% off $29.99

Sleeping Beauty Deluxe Costume - originally $99.50, clearance price $49.99, extra 40% off $29.99

Baby Velour Mickey One-pc Coveralls - originally $19.50, clearance price $7.99, extra 40% off $4.79

Tinkerbell Bubble Wand - originally $12.50, clearance price $4.99, extra 40% off $2.99

Fawn Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $.99, extra 40% off $0.60 - I bought a couple of these!!!

Iridessa Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $0.99, extra 40% off $0.60 - bought a couple of these too!!

Silvermist Disney Fairies Charm Necklace & Mini Booklet - originally $12.50, clearance price $2.99, extra 40% off $1.79 - not sure why hers and Rosetta's cost more, but they did

My "best buys" were the 2 costumes and the fairies necklaces and mini booklets! The costumes are beautiful - the deluxe are a little bit higher-quality than the regular costumes (though we have lots of those and love them too!).

They have LOTS of great stuff on sale now, so if you're looking for gifts this would be a good opportunity to get some at a great price! Oh, and if you need a baby gift they have some adorable baby clothes on clearance too!

abbadabbadoo
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Just wanted to post a quick message today. yesterday my items from Mrs. B arrived. They are absolutely beautiful! They are the same ones featured on the first page of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique thread. I ordered Jasmine and the Ariel ballgown - both are the same ones from the parks and cost just $29.99 plus shipping. Mrs. B packs things very carefully, Im always very impressed with her!

abbadabbadoo
07-26-2009, 05:10 PM
So as of today, we are officially 55 days away from WDW! I can't wait! I am starting to really get excited about the trip. I still have lots to do to get ready!

Yesterday was Kaol's birthday party. It is hard to believe my baby is one. He is the most adorable little guy with bright blue eyes and a dimple! He was very happy at his party and "showed off" a bit for friends and family - he started saying "sissy" a few days ago, so he said that a few times yesterday for everyone else to hear. His cake had blue frosting, so he ended up looking a bit like a Smurf by the time he finished his little cake. LOL Made for great pictures.

I dont have too much time to write today. Melissa and I are going to see the American Idols tonight (they are here in Memphis tonight!) - Im pretty excited to go see them! I don't watch AI every season, but this year I started watching again. I thought that this year's group was very talented, and cant wait to hear them.

On a Disney note, I looked up the information about the Food and Wine Festival. The festival line up is posted now, and it looks great! Lots of the kiosks are offering some delicious-sounding treats! We had just a taste - no pun intended - of Food and Wine Festival last year, and are really excited to get to be a part of it this year. I know for sure I have to try the Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee from the Paris, France booth!

That's all for now, hope to post more tomorrow!

abbadabbadoo
07-31-2009, 11:00 PM
I felt like I actually accomplished a few things from my disney "to-do list" this week. I made a payment on the trip - yay! my next to last payment! I also cashed in my points on a survey website and used them to buy a $50 Rainforest Cafe gift card. You earn points for each survey you take, and I've been saving my points for a little less than a year now. I will use the gift card at T-Rex (called to confirm that they accept it before I ordered it) - it will pay for at least part of our dinner there.

I also started looking up the prices for grocery stores in the Disney area that deliver. We have been considering ordering diapers, bottled water, and a few snacks from them. Not having to bring a lot of diapers would certainly save some room in the suitcase! Chloe informed me that if I order groceries that she "must have some Goldfish crackers." LOL she cracks me up.

I called disney dining again on Tuesday evening to see if there were any Fantasmic package openings on September 20. Still nothing. The CM I talked to told me to keep checking in with them, though, and she said I should call MORE than once a week. She said you can't book that one online, it has to be over the phone. Good to know.

We have been saving change from money left in the laundry (usually in the dryer) for a few months now. About once a month or so, Chloe and I count to see how much money is in the jar. As of Wednesday we had $47.21. I told her we could go ahead and trade some of it in for disney dollars, but we need to keep saving until the day before we head to disney. So we went to the disney store and traded for $22 in disney dollars. Chloe gets so excited about getting the disney dollars, so I like to divide up the change a little (so she can get more disney dollars later). She has been saving her own change too, so she will be able to trade that in the day before we leave.

I dont have much time to post tonight, but I will definitely be on again this weekend with more details to share.

abbadabbadoo
08-01-2009, 03:30 PM
It occurred to me that I have never posted a picture of my family on the boards. I dont have many of all of us, but I found one from school of Chloe, Kaol and myself. I am going to try to post it here:

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt303/abbadabbadoo_2009/DSC00604.jpg

Hopefully that works!

There! Now doesn't Princess Chloe just look SO happy? At that point she said she was "over taking pictures"! LOL she's quite the diva!

abbadabbadoo
08-01-2009, 03:35 PM
I found a better picture! Chloe is actually smiling in this one!

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt303/abbadabbadoo_2009/DSC00605.jpg

Now you can see what she looks like without so much attitude! :thumbsup2

abbadabbadoo
08-18-2009, 01:32 AM
After a few minor setbacks and a bit of bad news, I wanted to share some happiness on my PTR. I received my Magical Express packet today! Makes it feel more official somehow. I am so excited about the trip, I am counting down the days!

Chloe started school last Monday (the 10th), and things have just been soo crazy ever since. I havent had as much time as I thought I would lately, but I have started reading a few PTRs from others who are traveling close to the same time we are.

I had a mini "freak out moment" the day Chloe started school. She didn't know ANYONE in her class - I kept thinking there would be at least ontne person from her class last year, but that's not the case. She is actually very social and makes friends somewhat easily, so I knew deep down she would be fine, but I couldn't help tearing up a little bit after leaving her classroom that day. Her teacher is WONDERFUL, I instantly felt at ease around her. And when I picked Chloe up from school that afternoon, she told me about her new best friend (this made me feel a LOT better).

More to report Disney-wise soon, I promise!

abbadabbadoo
08-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Wanted to post an update about our dining ADRs and plans. I talked to Josh about having a table-service meal on our last day at Disney, and he said he thought the day would already be a little too hectic for that. I told him we had ADR's for Chef Mickey's that last morning, and he said he didn't think it was a good idea. I discovered the thread about cancelling or trading ADR's for September and offered to just give it to a fellow DIS-er. I had 8 private messages about it within about 12 hours! So we gave our Chef Mickey ADR to a fellow DIS-er who was very grateful for it. I was glad to be able to add an extra bit of magic to their trip! :)

So now, here is our updated ADR schedule:
Saturday 9/19
Dinner - 1900 Park Fare - 7:35 pm

Sunday 9/20
Lunch - Sci-Fi - 2 pm (out of pocket)
Dinner - TRex - 10 pm (out of pocket)

Monday 9/21
Dinner - Ohana - 6:35 pm

Tuesday 9/22
Dinner - Crystal Palace - 6:10 pm

Wednesday 9/23
Dinner - Biergarten - 6:20 pm

Thursday 9/24
Breakfast - Ohana - 8:40 am (out of pocket)
Dinner - Tokyo Dining - 6:00 pm

Friday 9/25
Breakfast - Akershus - 8:30 am
Dinner - Le Cellier - 8:05 pm

Saturday 9/26
Breakfast - Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:35 am
Dinner - Tony's Town Square - 5:50 pm (just the girls and Kaol)
Dinner - Chefs de France - 6:00 pm (Josh and Jeff)

So that is what we're working with now. We may still try to find a different restaraunt for the guys on Saturday night, I will make sure to post changes!

abbadabbadoo
08-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Today Ms. Wendy (from the DIS-igns board) shared her talents and made some dining invitations for me. She made several for Chloe, some for Kaol and Chloe together, and 3 special ones for Mindy. They look amazing, and she doesn't charge for this service. She is very creative and very talented!

More to come soon!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Hey Abby, finally had a chance to read thru your entire report! I must say that you definitely have a reason to celebrate, and how sweet of you to treat your BFF! Chloe and Kaol are so cute!!! I can't believe Chloe is already back to school! Devon does not go back to 9/9!!! He literally goes to school for a week and then I am pulling him out for Disney! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
08-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Hey Abby, finally had a chance to read thru your entire report! I must say that you definitely have a reason to celebrate, and how sweet of you to treat your BFF! Chloe and Kaol are so cute!!! I can't believe Chloe is already back to school! Devon does not go back to 9/9!!! He literally goes to school for a week and then I am pulling him out for Disney! :rotfl:

Thanks! I think they're cute, too (of course, I'm not partial or anything....). Yeah, I really hate that they go back to school so early down here, too. It seems like our summers are getting shorter and shorter....she got out of school at the end of May. June and July just flew by. By the first of August, we were back-to-school shopping and getting back into the "regular bedtime" routine. :sad2:

abbadabbadoo
08-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Today, I thought I'd take an idea from another PTR and post my tenative packing list. I'm sure I'll be adding to this, but here are what the 3 lists (Josh's, Chloe's, and mine) look like so far:

Josh's List
Cell phone and charger
Shaving Kit bag with toiletries
Flip Flops
Sneakers
Strap for glasses
Sunglasses
Shorts
Tshirts
"Nicer" shirts (polo and a button-down)
Khaki pants
Socks
Boxers
Pin Lanyard
Beach Towel

Chloe's List
Build-A-Bear (yes, she named her build a bear "Build A Bear") LOL
Swimsuits (2 or 3)
Swimsuit coverup
Swimming goggles
Beach Towel
Floaties
Pin Lanyard
Coloring books and crayons (for the flight)
Hat
Princess "Mickey" Ears
Sunglasses
Undies
Dresses
Tops
Shorts
Skirts
Pink Disney Crocs
Flip Flops
Mulan costume

And now....my list!
Cell phone and charger
Swimsuit
Swimsuits for Kaol (2 or 3)
Beach towels (2)
Sunglasses (me and Kaol)
Floaties for Kaol
Waterproof disposable camera (?) - maybe
Sunscreen
Swimming diapers
Baby toiletries (powder, baby shampoo, etc)
Makeup bag with toiletries
Tshirts and shorts for Kaol
More "dressed up" outfits for Kaol
Tshirts
Tank tops
Shorts/skorts
Floods/Capris
Dress
Undies
Socks
Sneakers
Sandals/Flip Flops
Flip Flops for Kaol
Disney Crocs for Kaol
Diapers (we are also considering having some delivered to the resort)
Wipes
Two favorite toys for Kaol
Camera with new memory card
Extra AA Batteries
Pin Lanyard
Extra Pins
Kaol's lanyard
Pal Mickey with outfits
E-tickets (flight)
Travel Itinerary
Magical Express passes
Travel Vouchers
T-Rex Gift Card
MNSSHP tickets
Chloe's Disney Dollars
spiral-bound notebook for notes
"Disney Notebook" - contains ADR confirmation numbers, plans, etc
Dining invitations for Chloe, Kaol, and Mindy
Mindy's Bday gifts (autograph book, mickey scrapbook, disney scrapbook stickers, pins for trading, pins to keep)
Chloe's "disney gifts"
Kaol's "disney gifts" (his are stuffed animals & such)
Chloe's autograph book
Pens
markers
Disney gift card
Small package of band aids
Aloe Vera (for sunburns)
Ziploc bags
clothespins

Whew! I think that's it! :scared1: I will keep updating it, though!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks! I think they're cute, too (of course, I'm not partial or anything....). Yeah, I really hate that they go back to school so early down here, too. It seems like our summers are getting shorter and shorter....she got out of school at the end of May. June and July just flew by. By the first of August, we were back-to-school shopping and getting back into the "regular bedtime" routine. :sad2:

Wow!!! Here I would have thought she was done the school year earlier since she went back so soon!!! Devon was done school 6/12 and does not go back to 9/9... Thank goodness I have all his school supplies, so he is good to go. Now if I could just get everything together for our trip!! :rotfl:

I actually just posted my packing list in my report today too!!! See great minds think alike!!! :goodvibes

abbadabbadoo
08-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow!!! Here I would have thought she was done the school year earlier since she went back so soon!!! Devon was done school 6/12 and does not go back to 9/9... Thank goodness I have all his school supplies, so he is good to go. Now if I could just get everything together for our trip!! :rotfl:

I actually just posted my packing list in my report today too!!! See great minds think alike!!! :goodvibes

Lol, that's exactly right - great minds DO think alike!

I know, you'd think Chloe would be out be the first of May considering how early she goes back each year! The school system she's in does go longer than most though, or so I've heard. That's why I don't worry about taking her out of school for a week for Disney! :laughing:

abbadabbadoo
08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Happy Saturday! I was reading thread on the boards about magical moments, so I wanted to share some of ours from our first trip last year:

We had so many magical moments, but a few stuck out:

I am a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast. It is one of my very favorite movies, and Belle is my favorite princess. We took Chloe to Toontown Fair to meet the princesses, and lo and behold, there was Belle! I patiently waited while Chloe took pictures with Cinderella and Prince Charming (who was also very kind, by the way - She told him she'd never met a real prince before, it was so cute), and then she got to meet Belle. I took pictures and so did the photopass photographer, and then Josh commented to Cinderella and the Prince that I was more excited than Chloe was about meeting Belle. They all laughed, and Belle said, "Oh, we must have so much in common! Do you like books?" and took me by the hand to "her" tent. I had tears in my eyes and could hardly speak, I felt like a little girl. She asked me if Josh was like her prince or more like Gaston, and that she hoped he wasn't "positively primeval" like Gaston. We took pictures, and I barely gulped out "thank you Belle" and she hugged me. I felt like I was the 6 year old. That moment alone for me was completely magical. Only at Disney can a 28-year old become 6 again.

We were walking through the World Showcase on our way to an ADR when we saw Aurora standing in the garden with a photographer and NO ONE else. We rush over, and Chloe says to me, "Wait a minute! Mommy, I can't have my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty looking like this! We gotta brush my hair!" I laughed, and at that point, someone else had walked up behind us. We told her to go ahead and brushed Chloe's hair. When it was our turn, the first thing Aurora said to her was, "My, Princess, you have such pretty hair!" They had a very serious discussion about pink and blue being their favorite colors, and then Aurora said, "You are such a pretty princess, Would you please take a picture with me?" Chloe beamed, and those pictures are some of my favorite from the whole trip.

We saw the very same Aurora at Cinderella's Royal Table (I know that CRT isn't free, but I really wanted to share this) the next day. When she walked up, it was my intention to tip her off that we had met her before ("How nice to see you again, Princess Aurora..." something like that). Before I can say a word, Aurora says, "Hello Princess! I can't believe this, you are even more beautiful today than yesterday!" Chloe just glowed, and I had tears in my eyes.

We met Mickey AND Minnie in the Judge's Tent. Chloe, in her true dramatic style, rushed over and hugged them, saying, "I'm so happy! We got to come see you, and I've been waiting my whole life to meet you!" We took lots of pictures and when we were leaving the tent, Mickey stuck his head thru the other side of the curtain and signed I Love You to her. I nearly cried.

Chloe had a BBB makeover at Downtown Disney a few hours before MNSSHP, and she received a lot of attention from cast members from the time we entered the MK. During the Boo To You parade, we lined up on the sidewalk and had a great spot to view it. The pirates float was coming by, and a pirate walked right up to us, looked at Chloe, and said "A mermaid on dry land? Now I've seen it all!" We laughed and laughed about it.

Again, our entire trip seemed to be a series of magical moments, but those were the highlights for us. We can't wait to return!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Happy Saturday! I was reading thread on the boards about magical moments, so I wanted to share some of ours from our first trip last year:

We had so many magical moments, but a few stuck out:

I am a huge fan of Beauty and the Beast. It is one of my very favorite movies, and Belle is my favorite princess. We took Chloe to Toontown Fair to meet the princesses, and lo and behold, there was Belle! I patiently waited while Chloe took pictures with Cinderella and Prince Charming (who was also very kind, by the way - She told him she'd never met a real prince before, it was so cute), and then she got to meet Belle. I took pictures and so did the photopass photographer, and then Josh commented to Cinderella and the Prince that I was more excited than Chloe was about meeting Belle. They all laughed, and Belle said, "Oh, we must have so much in common! Do you like books?" and took me by the hand to "her" tent. I had tears in my eyes and could hardly speak, I felt like a little girl. She asked me if Josh was like her prince or more like Gaston, and that she hoped he wasn't "positively primeval" like Gaston. We took pictures, and I barely gulped out "thank you Belle" and she hugged me. I felt like I was the 6 year old. That moment alone for me was completely magical. Only at Disney can a 28-year old become 6 again.

We were walking through the World Showcase on our way to an ADR when we saw Aurora standing in the garden with a photographer and NO ONE else. We rush over, and Chloe says to me, "Wait a minute! Mommy, I can't have my picture taken with Sleeping Beauty looking like this! We gotta brush my hair!" I laughed, and at that point, someone else had walked up behind us. We told her to go ahead and brushed Chloe's hair. When it was our turn, the first thing Aurora said to her was, "My, Princess, you have such pretty hair!" They had a very serious discussion about pink and blue being their favorite colors, and then Aurora said, "You are such a pretty princess, Would you please take a picture with me?" Chloe beamed, and those pictures are some of my favorite from the whole trip.

We saw the very same Aurora at Cinderella's Royal Table (I know that CRT isn't free, but I really wanted to share this) the next day. When she walked up, it was my intention to tip her off that we had met her before ("How nice to see you again, Princess Aurora..." something like that). Before I can say a word, Aurora says, "Hello Princess! I can't believe this, you are even more beautiful today than yesterday!" Chloe just glowed, and I had tears in my eyes.

We met Mickey AND Minnie in the Judge's Tent. Chloe, in her true dramatic style, rushed over and hugged them, saying, "I'm so happy! We got to come see you, and I've been waiting my whole life to meet you!" We took lots of pictures and when we were leaving the tent, Mickey stuck his head thru the other side of the curtain and signed I Love You to her. I nearly cried.

Chloe had a BBB makeover at Downtown Disney a few hours before MNSSHP, and she received a lot of attention from cast members from the time we entered the MK. During the Boo To You parade, we lined up on the sidewalk and had a great spot to view it. The pirates float was coming by, and a pirate walked right up to us, looked at Chloe, and said "A mermaid on dry land? Now I've seen it all!" We laughed and laughed about it.

Again, our entire trip seemed to be a series of magical moments, but those were the highlights for us. We can't wait to return!

Aw!!! Such great stories Abby!!! Disney truly is a magical place!!

abbadabbadoo
08-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Aw!!! Such great stories Abby!!! Disney truly is a magical place!!

It is, isnt it? Really is a place where dreams come true!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-24-2009, 10:58 AM
It is, isnt it? Really is a place where dreams come true!

That it sure is!! That's why I keep going back!!!

abbadabbadoo
08-24-2009, 10:19 PM
I think that is the reason why we are so hooked on it now, too!

abbadabbadoo
08-24-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm back! Sorry I didn't get to write yesterday, it was a VERY busy day for us. Errands and a school project - fun stuff. I did, however, finally get a chance to sit and talk Disney with Josh over a late lunch. And I went to Michael's and got some more glow bracelets - package of 15 was just $1! - and some disney scrapbook stuff (some for mindy's book, but mostly for me....I am so bad).

I got letters from the thread I read about for Chloe, Kaol, and even one for Mindy. They are super cute!

I started putting some of the stuff I'm packing in a big box today. Pal Mickey, pin lanyards, extra pins, Chloe's disney gifts, glow bracelets, and Mindy's bday gifts are all in there so far. It made me happy just to be able to do that! 26 days to go!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm back! Sorry I didn't get to write yesterday, it was a VERY busy day for us. Errands and a school project - fun stuff. I did, however, finally get a chance to sit and talk Disney with Josh over a late lunch. And I went to Michael's and got some more glow bracelets - package of 15 was just $1! - and some disney scrapbook stuff (some for mindy's book, but mostly for me....I am so bad).

I got letters from the thread I read about for Chloe, Kaol, and even one for Mindy. They are super cute!

I started putting some of the stuff I'm packing in a big box today. Pal Mickey, pin lanyards, extra pins, Chloe's disney gifts, glow bracelets, and Mindy's bday gifts are all in there so far. It made me happy just to be able to do that! 26 days to go!

Ugh!! I am dreading the back to school work, but then again, with all the summer work the teacher sent Devon home with, it's like we never stopped!! :rotfl:

I got a letter made for Devon too!!! They are so cute! I got the Goofy halloween one made for him. Which ones did you get made for Chloe, Koal ans Mindy??

Yep, I got my bag of Disney goodies too!!! Such a great feeling that are trips are like 3 weeks away!! So beyond excited!!!

abbadabbadoo
08-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi again! Sorry I went MIA this week, it has just been a bit hectic around here. So I am 21 days away from our trip and am soo excited at this point! I have done a few more things to get ready for our trip:

1. Began really researching cakes from the Grand Floridian and Boardwalk bakeries by viewing the threads with pictures and prices (thanks, DIS!). I would like to make a final decision about Mindy's birthday cake and order it a few days before we leave. I have decided that we are going to order a chocolate slipper for her at our Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast. At this point, Mindy still doesn't know we will be eating at the castle for her birthday breakfast - hopefully we can keep it a secret until that morning. I can't wait!

2. I put some more items in the "Disney box" - floaties and swim goggles for Chloe, magical express passbook and luggage tags, swim diapers for Kaol, etc. My box is getting full!

3. Chloe and I sat down and made a list of snacks she'd like to take with us for the plane and our resort room. We'll be shortening that list a bit, but I'm happy to have a few ideas from her! :laughing:

4. We went through Chloe's clothes today so we can finalize what she'll be wearing on the trip. Crazy, huh? But if you knew her, you'd understand. She is VERY opinionated about what she wears, so we have to kinda choose together. LOL I make her try everything on! And yay! we have MOST of her outfits picked out.

5. Kaol's outfits for the trip are chosen! I have decided what he'll wear and know what I'll be packing for him for the week. We will pack an outfit for each day plus a few extras in case he spills something or gets sweaty, etc.

I still have lots to do to keep me busy in the days ahead. I am still calling disney dining regularly about the fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's for dinner. I am okay with it if we don't get it, because if we do it will require some ADR tweaking, and Chloe is really excited about having lunch at the Sci-Fi.

Coming soon: Kaol's Disney wardrobe! And (hopefully) Chloe's Disney wardrobe!

DevonsDisneyMom
08-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi again! Sorry I went MIA this week, it has just been a bit hectic around here. So I am 21 days away from our trip and am soo excited at this point! I have done a few more things to get ready for our trip:

1. Began really researching cakes from the Grand Floridian and Boardwalk bakeries by viewing the threads with pictures and prices (thanks, DIS!). I would like to make a final decision about Mindy's birthday cake and order it a few days before we leave. I have decided that we are going to order a chocolate slipper for her at our Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast. At this point, Mindy still doesn't know we will be eating at the castle for her birthday breakfast - hopefully we can keep it a secret until that morning. I can't wait!

2. I put some more items in the "Disney box" - floaties and swim goggles for Chloe, magical express passbook and luggage tags, swim diapers for Kaol, etc. My box is getting full!

3. Chloe and I sat down and made a list of snacks she'd like to take with us for the plane and our resort room. We'll be shortening that list a bit, but I'm happy to have a few ideas from her! :laughing:

4. We went through Chloe's clothes today so we can finalize what she'll be wearing on the trip. Crazy, huh? But if you knew her, you'd understand. She is VERY opinionated about what she wears, so we have to kinda choose together. LOL I make her try everything on! And yay! we have MOST of her outfits picked out.

5. Kaol's outfits for the trip are chosen! I have decided what he'll wear and know what I'll be packing for him for the week. We will pack an outfit for each day plus a few extras in case he spills something or gets sweaty, etc.

I still have lots to do to keep me busy in the days ahead. I am still calling disney dining regularly about the fantasmic package with Mama Melrose's for dinner. I am okay with it if we don't get it, because if we do it will require some ADR tweaking, and Chloe is really excited about having lunch at the Sci-Fi.

Coming soon: Kaol's Disney wardrobe! And (hopefully) Chloe's Disney wardrobe!

I know!!! My "Disney Bag" is getting fulled to the brim!!! Thank goodness we are only a few weeks away!!!

So after talking to Devon about snacks, we decided we are going to pack a few little snack bags (chips and doritos) and few breakfast bars for me for the plane just in case! :rotfl:

Devon absolutely loved Sci Fi!!! Food is not the best, but the atmosphere for little guys is just so enthrawing to them!

abbadabbadoo
08-31-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks for posting that, Reese. Everyone keeps telling me that same thing about the Sci-Fi = that is, you go for the atmosphere, not the food. I figure we'll stick with basic burgers. Someone else also recommended to me that Sci-Fi is the best place for the kids to get the light-up drink because it's so dark in there it really stands out. Chloe begged for one last year, and we finally ordered one toward the end of the week and the waiter forgot it (it wasnt on the bill, so I didn't complain). She never forgets ANYTHING, so I'm sure it will be one of the first things she asks for this trip. :)

I am so excited about our ADR's this trip that I am thinking I may even do a Food Report after I get back. My only hesitancy about is I am unsure if I'll be able to snap pictures of everybody's food before they bite into it! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
08-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Here is a listing of Kaol's "Disney duds" (his disney wardrobe):

Blue Toy Story tshirt and khaki shorts
Plaid Shortalls (have "One Cool Dude" written on them) and matching onesie
Navy Blue Polo shirt and blue/green plaid shorts
Sky Blue Onesie and Denim Overalls with Fish on them
White Onesie with Cars and Denim Overalls with Cars
Baby Blue and white "Little Prince" Romper
Orange/brown plaid Romper
Blue "Whale Watcher" Polo-style Romper
"Rockstar" Onesie with matching blue shorts
Red Pooh & Friends Onesie
Navy Blue Mickey & pals Onesie
Red Toy Story tshirt and navy shorts
Dolphin Swimsuit with matching rash guard
Surf swimsuit with matching rash guard
blue/green disney crocs
brown "safari" hat
baseball cap
navy blue with plaid trim hat
Dino pjs

Whew! I think that just about does it for him! I know it looks a little excessive but I thought I better have a few extra outfits just in case. Plus last year we changed clothes at least once a day!

abbadabbadoo
09-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm finally back! I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's PTRs instead of working on my own! That's bad, huh?

So we are finally in September and it is getting closer and closer to our trip. In fact, we are just 5 days away. I can't believe how time has flown by. Now if these last 5 days will just fly by! :lmao:

I've actually done a whole lot for our trip since I last updated my PTR. This past weekend was crazy. My birthday is on 9/11, but it is hard for me to celebrate on that day because of the 9/11 tragedy so I usually celebrate on the 12th or on the 18th (my best friend from college has her birthday on the 18th, we have celebrated together many times). So over the weekend, I was SUPPOSED to go out and celebrate my birthday. Instead I got stuff together for the trip, which I actually think might have been better!

I went to my local disney store with the intention of pre-ordering Snow White on blu-ray/dvd combo pack. Well, wouldn't you know it, I picked up a lot more than that! LOL I also got 2 more tshirts for Chloe (I know, like she needs another tshirt), a halloween treat bag for the MNSSHP, pink glittery ruffle skirt, pink crown top, and pink glittery shoes for Chloe. The plush animals were buy one get one free so I picked up Woody and Mickey for Kaol. I found a plush tinkerbell for Chloe on clearance. And I found a mickey mouse clubhouse counting car for Kaol for Christmas!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for the trip and food for this week. They had lots of snacks on sale, and I think I bought too many cookies! LOL For the trip I picked fruit snacks, a box of cereal, small box of poptarts, cookies, goldfish crackers, microwave popcorn, and pretzels.

Trip is quickly approaching! So much is done, but still a lot to do!

DevonsDisneyMom
09-15-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm finally back! I've been trying to catch up on everyone else's PTRs instead of working on my own! That's bad, huh?

So we are finally in September and it is getting closer and closer to our trip. In fact, we are just 5 days away. I can't believe how time has flown by. Now if these last 5 days will just fly by! :lmao:

I've actually done a whole lot for our trip since I last updated my PTR. This past weekend was crazy. My birthday is on 9/11, but it is hard for me to celebrate on that day because of the 9/11 tragedy so I usually celebrate on the 12th or on the 18th (my best friend from college has her birthday on the 18th, we have celebrated together many times). So over the weekend, I was SUPPOSED to go out and celebrate my birthday. Instead I got stuff together for the trip, which I actually think might have been better!

I went to my local disney store with the intention of pre-ordering Snow White on blu-ray/dvd combo pack. Well, wouldn't you know it, I picked up a lot more than that! LOL I also got 2 more tshirts for Chloe (I know, like she needs another tshirt), a halloween treat bag for the MNSSHP, pink glittery ruffle skirt, pink crown top, and pink glittery shoes for Chloe. The plush animals were buy one get one free so I picked up Woody and Mickey for Kaol. I found a plush tinkerbell for Chloe on clearance. And I found a mickey mouse clubhouse counting car for Kaol for Christmas!

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to buy snacks for the trip and food for this week. They had lots of snacks on sale, and I think I bought too many cookies! LOL For the trip I picked fruit snacks, a box of cereal, small box of poptarts, cookies, goldfish crackers, microwave popcorn, and pretzels.

Trip is quickly approaching! So much is done, but still a lot to do!

Happy belated birthday Abb!!! party: Hope you enjoyed your day!!! I can not believe how soon the trips are approaching!! I basically am ready to go, other then packing that is!! :laughing: I sure hope with all the things I have to do this week that time flies!!! I think I've said that about a million times so far this week!! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
09-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I basically am ready to go, other then packing that is!! :laughing: I sure hope with all the things I have to do this week that time flies!!! I think I've said that about a million times so far this week!! :rotfl:

LOL, that's about all I have left to do now, too! I need to go pick up a new pack of socks, but that's the only thing I have left to buy! YAY! This week I just have to pack and clean the house (laundry, etc). I am also hoping the time will pass quickly!

abbadabbadoo
09-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Wanted to post a basic rundown of where we'll be and when in case I run into any of you fellow DIS-ers. This is just a basic overview:

Sat 9/19: Arrive at Disney around 1 p.m.
Josh & Jeff: Typhoon Lagoon
Everyone else: Downtown Disney/Orlando outlets
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian
Disneyquest (?)

Sun 9/20: Hollywood Studios Day
We want to be there at rope drop. Fingers crossed!
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic 8 p.m.
Dinner at T-Rex

Mon 9/21: Open
Most likely Magic Kingdom
Chloe - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle location) 4:35 p.m.
Dinner at Ohana in the Polynesian
Open evening: we will either be at HS for extra magic hours or MK for Spectromagic and Wishes

Tues 9/22: Water Parks and MNSSHP
Blizzard Beach
Dinner at Crystal Palace
MNSSHP

Wed 9/23: Our "more relaxed" day
Sleep in a little!
Abby, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast (late) at 1900 Park Fare
Open Park Day
Dinner at Biergarten
Evening extra magic hours at Epcot

Thurs 9/24:
Breakfast at Ohana
Epcot or AK or both
Dinner at Tokyo Dining
Abby & Josh: Date night (Epcot, Downtown Disney, and maybe Boardwalk)

Fri 9/25: AK/Epcot
Abby, Melissa, Mindy, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast at Akershus
Josh & Jeff: AK at Rope Drop
Animal Kingdom
Park Hop to Epcot
Dinner (late) at Le Cellier

Sat 9/26: Mindy's Birthday!
Abby, Chloe, Kaol, Mindy, & Melissa: Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
MK, possibly park hop to Epcot or HS for a bit
Mindy, Melissa, Jeff, Chloe & Kaol: Dinner at Tony's Town Square
Abby & Josh: Dinner at Chefs de France
Meet back at MK for Spectro and Wishes

Sun 9/27: Going home!
Checkout/drop off luggage to bell services
Open Park or downtown disney
Report back for Magical Express pickup about 2:30
MCO to Memphis 5:50

So that's what we are looking at as of now. I'm trying to be flexible with our schedule, I don't feel like we HAVE to be at the parks for rope drop every morning, but I'd like to for our first full day (Sunday).

DevonsDisneyMom
09-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Wanted to post a basic rundown of where we'll be and when in case I run into any of you fellow DIS-ers. This is just a basic overview:

Sat 9/19: Arrive at Disney around 1 p.m.
Josh & Jeff: Typhoon Lagoon
Everyone else: Downtown Disney/Orlando outlets
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian
Disneyquest (?)

Sun 9/20: Hollywood Studios Day
We want to be there at rope drop. Fingers crossed!
Lunch at Sci-Fi
Fantasmic 8 p.m.
Dinner at T-Rex

Mon 9/21: Open
Most likely Magic Kingdom
Chloe - Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (Castle location) 4:35 p.m.
Dinner at Ohana in the Polynesian
Open evening: we will either be at HS for extra magic hours or MK for Spectromagic and Wishes

Tues 9/22: Water Parks and MNSSHP
Blizzard Beach
Dinner at Crystal Palace
MNSSHP

Wed 9/23: Our "more relaxed" day
Sleep in a little!
Abby, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast (late) at 1900 Park Fare
Open Park Day
Dinner at Biergarten
Evening extra magic hours at Epcot

Thurs 9/24:
Breakfast at Ohana
Epcot or AK or both
Dinner at Tokyo Dining
Abby & Josh: Date night (Epcot, Downtown Disney, and maybe Boardwalk)

Fri 9/25: AK/Epcot
Abby, Melissa, Mindy, Chloe, & Kaol: Breakfast at Akershus
Josh & Jeff: AK at Rope Drop
Animal Kingdom
Park Hop to Epcot
Dinner (late) at Le Cellier

Sat 9/26: Mindy's Birthday!
Abby, Chloe, Kaol, Mindy, & Melissa: Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table
MK, possibly park hop to Epcot or HS for a bit
Mindy, Melissa, Jeff, Chloe & Kaol: Dinner at Tony's Town Square
Abby & Josh: Dinner at Chefs de France
Meet back at MK for Spectro and Wishes

Sun 9/27: Going home!
Checkout/drop off luggage to bell services
Open Park or downtown disney
Report back for Magical Express pickup about 2:30
MCO to Memphis 5:50

So that's what we are looking at as of now. I'm trying to be flexible with our schedule, I don't feel like we HAVE to be at the parks for rope drop every morning, but I'd like to for our first full day (Sunday).

Hey Abby!!! We may do EMH at Epcot on 9/23... Our plans for that evening are pretty much up in the air. We also have Ohana ressies at 8:55a on the 24th!!! Be on the look out!!! Devon will be in his Blue Phillies shirt (the P has Stars and strips in it) Hope we run into each other at some point!!!

abbadabbadoo
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Hey Abby!!! We may do EMH at Epcot on 9/23... Our plans for that evening are pretty much up in the air. We also have Ohana ressies at 8:55a on the 24th!!! Be on the look out!!! Devon will be in his Blue Phillies shirt (the P has Stars and strips in it) Hope we run into each other at some point!!!

I hope we run into each other, too! It would be great to meet you! Oh, I am sooo excited!

I'm just trying to get everything done now! I have almost finished packing, just need to add socks once I buy them (this afternoon). Chloe's carry-on is packed! So is Kaol's diaper bag! Josh is completely packed (carry-on and checked bag)! So I am the only one slacking! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
09-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to share something quickly this morning as I am off to run errands in about an hour. This morning I received an email from Northwest saying I can check in for our flight anytime after 8:45 a.m. tomorrow for our flight on Saturday. Oooh, I am so excited now!

I tried to do the online check-in, but there is always an error. I called and the CM says that happens pretty frequently. So I guess I'll just do regular check-in this time!

Still no Mama Melrose fantasmic package available! So we are going to leave our dining plans alone at this point. Chloe's BBB appointment is still set for Monday afternoon as well, we are still hoping an opening will pop up on Tuesday.

Countdown: 2 days! In 48 hours I will be on the plane heading to Disney!

DevonsDisneyMom
09-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh how exciting!! Only 1 full day to go before your trip!!! I'm with you, I am totally slacking in the packing department as well... I figure the more I have to do in the days leading up to the trip, the faster the days will go!! LOL!! :rotfl:

abbadabbadoo
09-29-2009, 06:49 PM
Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for reading my PTR. We had a wonderful vacation and made some memories that will truly last a lifetime. I will be working on a trip report with pictures starting this week.

DevonsDisneyMom
09-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for reading my PTR. We had a wonderful vacation and made some memories that will truly last a lifetime. I will be working on a trip report with pictures starting this week.

Woo hoo!!! I'll definitely be tuning in!!! Just let me know the link once you start it!