PDA

View Full Version : Cabins at Wilderness

missyb
06-13-2002, 01:27 PM
Hi new here and we are looking for information on Wilderness Cabins.

Can anyone help us out on this for a family of 6?

Cinderelli
06-13-2002, 05:19 PM
There are a couple of threads started currently on this topic on this board. There is also a "Camping at Disney" board you can post questions on. FWIW, FW is a wonderful resort. We stayed there for the first time last year and loved it. It gave us the camping feeling, without having to actually camp. We stayed in the cabins. We are thinking about renting a camper next year to try the real camping thing. You can rent a cabin or bring your own tent, camper, etc.

Check out the other posts. Post on the other board for specific questions. Whatever you do - have a great time!

Lissa

Janet2k
06-15-2002, 12:18 AM
Missyb, welcome to the Dis!

Cinderelli is correct, there are a few threads on this topic that you can "search" for. I'll also go ahead and post the link to the Dreams Unlimited Travel's "Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground" (http://198.65.141.47/resorts/fw/fw-overview.htm) webpage (Dreams is the owner of the Dis website). I hope the video links are still working because there is a great video clip that they took of the resort and the cabins a year or two ago (the link to the video will be on the left-hand side of that webpage).

Here is the link to the Dis' Camping at Disney World (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&forumid=24) board. You can find out lots of things on that board.

darlene walker
06-15-2002, 06:28 AM
Missyb,
We decided to change to a cabin from 2 rooms at POR because there are 6 of us . The cabins have a full kitchen and sleep 6, along with a private deck. My ds's 5&4 can't wait to ride the boat over to the MK and we reserved a golf cart just incase because they are recommened by alot of people who have stayed here before. We got a awesome rate with a code that Mary posted on mousesavers. Compared to renting 2 separate rooms on-site at another resort this by far offers the best deal, IMO.
Darlene

minniesfriend
06-15-2002, 06:54 AM
Darlene:

Look into renting a golf cart or bring your bikes. This is a huge, but beautiful resort. We loved it! It's so peaceful after a day at WDW.

TammiMcMan
06-15-2002, 11:48 AM
We loved the cabins. Having 2 kids, it was great to be able to spread out. Plus having the kitchen area made for a huge savings on breakfast and lunches. I was especially excited that they had maid service. We'd come back from the parks to find the beds made and all the dishes cleaned. I hope they still do that! The golf cart is a must have for getting around. It was a welcome sight getting off the boat or bus.

Enjoy.

MELSMICE
06-15-2002, 05:57 PM
FW Cabins are our favorite place to stay.

They are roomy, the full kitchen is great. Save a lot of money on meals. We love sitting on deck where it is extremely peaceful. FW is beautiful. I have heard from many that it is "the best kept secret in WDW".

We have never rented a golf cart because we feel they are a little costly. You need to rent them very far in advance. We love to walk around the grounds. We figure the exercise is good because of all we eat while we are in WDW. We have rented bikes numerous times. They have a great bike trail going to WL.

The evening campfire/movie program is a lot of fun. Every time I talk about FW I wish I was there. We even request a specific housekeeper when we are there.

Janet2k
06-16-2002, 10:00 PM
MELSMICE, you can request a specific Housekeeper? Have you usually gotten who you requested?

MELSMICE
06-17-2002, 05:39 AM
Janet2K - We had a housekeeper on one stay that was outstanding. She did the cutest things for my kids. Made the animal bunnies, etc. We would come back to our cabin & there was always a surprise. The whole cabin was magical when we walked in. We became friends with her, correspond w/ her through letters & e-mail, & have requested her on future visits.

Her name is Isabel. She usually works in the 2500 loop. She is a sweetheart.

darlene walker
06-17-2002, 02:46 PM
I just found out that they have 1 golf cart that will hold 6 people. I tried to reserve it for October but the man i spoke with didn't know if they are going to keep it or not because they are only testing it to see if people will use it . I'm hoping they keep it since there are six of us . Other wise my husband will be doing alot of walking. LOL..

vellamint
06-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Please keep us posted on the cart for 6!!!!!!! The fact that we are a family of six is actually keeping me from making reservations at FW. 2 rooms w/2 bathrooms and a total of 4 double beds beats out 2 rooms 2/1 bathroom and 2 double beds w/bunks. (Also 2 tvs beat out 1).

I really want to try this resort though because it sounds so relaxing.

Pooh's Pal
06-17-2002, 10:34 PM
Hi missyb-- I found the link below while researching the cabins..I think I found it here on the DIS, but I can't remember.:rolleyes: But the Dreams site has all the info on the Cabins also..
This site has some great pic's...Have fun
http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

MELSMICE
06-18-2002, 05:46 AM
Vellamint -

We've contemplated the 2 room idea in the past also & always go back to the cabins. I guess the only down side is the1 bathroom instead of 2. Maybe the 1 TV wouldn't be too bad because then my kids will do something else instead of zoning in front of it.

FW is so very relaxing. You would love just sitting on the deck & listening to all the sounds of the "wilderness". It is so peaceful. It really is Disney's best kept secret. Someone once told us they heard Michael Eisner stays there & they also had seen Jack Nicholson there once (Don't know whether to believe them, but that's what they said).