PDA

View Full Version : AP discounts

regi
06-13-2002, 12:47 PM
i have just purchased annual passes for the first time so please forgive my ignorance. i have heard of the resorts giving an ap discount, but i dont know anything about it. how much of a discount is it? is it available all the time or only certain times? how would i get information on whether or not it will be available to me when i am going? thanks for any info you can provide.

MauraAndIainsDad
06-13-2002, 01:01 PM
AP discounts can be some of the largest available on Disney resorts. Currently, discounts are only available through 10/2 and are running at approximately 30% off of rack rates I believe. Last Thanksgiving, we saved about 45% off rack rates at BC. The easiest way to check is at www.mousesavers.com. Click on the Disney Resorts link. Happy hunting!

regi
06-13-2002, 01:15 PM
WOW! thanks for the info. those are terrific discounts. i hope i can get one for october. thanks again.

LucyandRay
06-13-2002, 02:12 PM
I just signed up as a passholder because of the excellent deal I go at AKL. For a standard room I paid $963 for 7 nights. We can't afford the upgrade right now or we would have goton the savanah view for $1313. I got this from mousesavers with the code. Until I have them the code they quoted me the 30%. I'm not sure if I can give codes on here, but you can get it from mousesavers. I'm also not sure what dates it applies to, but we're going in August and I hjust reserved the room 2 days ago. Have a great time.

MauraAndIainsDad
06-13-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm relatively new to AP's as well but I believe that Disney does not always offer AP discounts in October. Last year, they did offer the discounts in October however because business was way down. We are planning a short trip before our passes expire in mid-November and wanted to go in October as well. However, we may book reservations for late September instead (there is an excellent code available for GA residents; even better than AP!) and then see what happens for October. If AP rates are announced, we can simply cancel the Sept ressies and book for Oct.

klwally
06-13-2002, 03:15 PM
I saved $110/night off our rooms in January at the BEach club. We were out of DVC points for a spur of the moment trip, and I asked about AP discount - and it really saved us a lot, and we had a beach view also.

Always ask when making reservations, as they won't necessarily come out and tell you, and they aren't always highly advertised.

gepetto
06-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Tourism was way down last fall/winter. I think that was the reason for the discounts. They typically don't offer them October, November or December.