PDA

View Full Version : Poly...room request? Concierge upgrade possible?

tige
06-13-2002, 12:32 PM
Well, we are about a week away from our vacation at the Poly and WDW! We originally reserved a Garden View room for $239/night with a code from mousesavers.com.

Here are a few questions I have:

After reading about the concierge though I am thinking that might be fun for our family. Is it possible to upgrade to concierge upon check-in? How much more would it be?

Should we call a few days out to confirm our reservations and request a specific room for our Garden View reservation? I have already asked for a non-smoking room.

Any suggestions on what to do/which room to request would be much appreciated! We can't wait!

Thanks,

tige

rgionet
06-13-2002, 01:10 PM
bump!!:bounce:

gepetto
06-13-2002, 03:14 PM
Concierge books up pretty quickly at Polynesian. You would be better off calling and trying to reserve it now. In general it's usually $80-100 more/night.

tige
06-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Yikes! That is quite a bit more than I expected. It makes sense though I suppose. That would put a hefty dent in our dining budget for the trip so I think we will pass on concierge this time around.

So...with that in mind: Any recommendations on a GV room and/or building? Can I request it now or should we wait until check-in?

Thanks everyone!

:)

tige

princess angel
06-13-2002, 03:45 PM
you can call and request a longhouse/room location abotu 4 days prior, or fax it in. and then also when you check in!

I like Tokelau for a garden view, ask for a room closer to the beach, you may get a partial lagoon view!
also Aoteaora (sp?) has excellent views, request to be on the side that faces the lagoon.

have a great trip!

Laura :)

Steven Forrest
06-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by tige
Yikes! That is quite a bit more than I expected. It makes sense though I suppose. That would put a hefty dent in our dining budget for the trip so I think we will pass on concierge this time around.

So...with that in mind: Any recommendations on a GV room and/or building? Can I request it now or should we wait until check-in?

Thanks everyone!

:)

tige

You can request it now and 3 days prior to arrival. However, in my experience early check-in is the best way to get a room you want. If you check-in late in the day you get whatever is left over.