PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Puck Express???

Mickey1976
05-08-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm just checking out the menu on allears and it looks fabulous to us! Just wondering if this restaurant counts as a CS meal or TS meal? I think I saw CS somewhere. That being said, you can't make ressie's, correct? TIA!!

MelanieC
05-08-2009, 09:27 PM
It is definately CS and correct, you can't make ressie's :)

jcemom
05-09-2009, 06:15 PM
It's a CS, but as close to a TS as you can get without doing actual TS. We love WPE. We have had wonderful service there, better than many TS restaurants. :goodvibes

Winue
05-09-2009, 06:25 PM
Just went there on wednesday. it was FANTASTIC!!! the food was great, and it was most definately the best CS meal we had, and yes, it was better than most TS meals we had!!!

Canadian Girl 77
05-09-2009, 06:33 PM
CS but feels like a TS. We left a tip.

Mickey1976
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Awesome, thanks so much for the information!!! We're using 2TS credits to eat at Narcoossee's for our 5 year anniversary so figured on our "down" day to DTD, we'd eat dinner at a CS and this place looks fabulous! How are the lines?

W21981Brick
05-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Just was there for the first time last Saturday. It was great, the food and service. The wait really was not bad- mabey 20 minutes of a line (we were just ouside the door when we got in line). The menu was big enough, and for being on the QS it was another great option!

Good Ol Gal
05-10-2009, 08:00 AM
when looking at their menu, do you get to pick an appetizer, main dish, dessert & drink?

It doesn't look like there are "combo" meals there??

pavil
05-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Like others have said it's great meal, almost like a TS for CS price. It's not as filling as a full blown TS dinner but we usually go there for lunch anyway and it very tasty. Highly recommended. We haven't tried to do it as a dinner spot.

pavil
05-10-2009, 08:17 AM
when looking at their menu, do you get to pick an appetizer, main dish, dessert & drink?

It doesn't look like there are "combo" meals there??

You are thinking the old dinner plan. For TS dinners you get Drink, Entree and Dessert. For CS, you get a combo meal or Drink, Side, Entree and Dessert.
We got a Salad and Pizza with a big cookie. All were very good I had some sort of veggie pizza and it was great.

Good Ol Gal
05-10-2009, 08:47 AM
You are thinking the old dinner plan. For TS dinners you get Drink, Entree and Dessert. For CS, you get a combo meal or Drink, Side, Entree and Dessert.
We got a Salad and Pizza with a big cookie. All were very good I had some sort of veggie pizza and it was great.

so since they don't have combo meals, you can pick a dish with a side/salad/soup?

W21981Brick
05-10-2009, 10:01 AM
I had a salad w/ pasta, a drink and a dessert. Hubby had one of the sandwiches w/ chips drink and dessert. Very filling and good too.

pavil
05-10-2009, 10:24 AM
so since they don't have combo meals, you can pick a dish with a side/salad/soup?

Yes plus you get a dessert. If I remember correctly it's a big cookie or brownie at WGE.

jcemom
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM
I had a salad w/ pasta, a drink and a dessert. Hubby had one of the sandwiches w/ chips drink and dessert. Very filling and good too.We did not get any sides with our meal unless they are specifically mentioned on the menu. For example, the rotisserie chicken comes with your choice of sides, or my mom's pasta came with salad. If it doesn't mention a side or salad (like a pizza) then it doesn't come with one.

For dessert we were given a choice of: two cookies in a package, a brownie, creme brulee, or frozen yogurt. Kids get the same choices as adults.

WAHMto5
05-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Our favorite place in DTD;)

pavil
05-10-2009, 09:10 PM
We did not get any sides with our meal unless they are specifically mentioned on the menu. For example, the rotisserie chicken comes with your choice of sides, or my mom's pasta came with salad. If it doesn't mention a side or salad (like a pizza) then it doesn't come with one.

For dessert we were given a choice of: two cookies in a package, a brownie, creme brulee, or frozen yogurt. Kids get the same choices as adults.

Hmm I remember getting a Salad with the Pizza's we had, maybe my memory is wrong. it was 3 1/2 years ago.

DaddyTo2Girls
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
WPE was the best CS meal we had all week. We will definitely be going there next time we visit.

Dizneydaz
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
We ate there twice last Sept. First time was for lunch about 11:30. We were at DisneyQuest and walked over. It's very close. It was a rainy weekday and there was no line. We really liked it. :goodvibes

The pizzas are good. We shared 2 that day (3 of us). We chose Key Lime Pie for dessert. It was so good we went back later in the trip for a late lunch and again there was no wait. Had Pizza, Fettucini, BBQ chicken salad-good but a little spicy and kid's pizza. Key lime pie for adults and giant cookie for kid. Serve yourself drinks (refills)

We will definitely be eating there again in Sept.

Here's some pix to whet your appetite!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/Pucks4cheesepizza_275_419.jpg
Four Cheese Pizza

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/PucksFettucini_9541.jpg
Fettucini

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/PucksKidscheesepizza_9539.jpg
Kid's pizza, cookie in background.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/Puckspepperoniandmushroompizza_9540.jpg
Pepperoni and mushroom

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/PucksBBQchickensalad_274_418.jpg
BBQ Chicken Salad

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/Puckskeylimepie_273_417.jpg
Key Lime Pie

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/1010286_286_430.jpg
Outside

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w158/ter623/Disney%20Food/1010276_276_420.jpg
Inside ordering area-some tables. Also outside covered eating area.

jsrj21
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
My family and I enjoyed WPE at Downtown Disney. Last year when we were there, we went 4 times in a week. We had lunch and dinner there and we were really satisfied. I love the rotisserie chicken and the creme brulee. We have had the spaghetti and meatballs, caesar salad, and some pasta with bolognese...all excellent. I know that there are several of his restaurants on property but we went to one in particular. There is a review on the Dis that really criticizes the WP (the one by Bongos restaurant.)

I also fell in love with Cooke's of Dublin on our last trip. This is what i absolutely love about our trips; no matter how many times we go, we always find something new somewhere. Whether food or attraction, it's always a pleasant surprise.

Happy eating!

jcemom
05-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Hmm I remember getting a Salad with the Pizza's we had, maybe my memory is wrong. it was 3 1/2 years ago.Maybe they've changed it? We were there in January and didn't get salads with our pizza. My mom did get a salad with her pasta dish. Or maybe we should have asked? I do know they weren't offered to those of us who ordered pizza, and it was offered to my mom when she ordered the pasta. :confused3

Mickey1976
05-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Thank you so much for all your replies! Sounds yummy, can't wait!

mickeynut1
05-11-2009, 10:04 AM
It's an awesome place :thumbsup2. We eat there atleast once, sometimes twice, each trip :goodvibes.

aliceinwdr
05-11-2009, 10:16 AM
We ate at the TS last year on a last minute ressie and it was seriously the best meal we ate the entire trip! I had an amaing steak and my DD had the biggest Sushi plate I have ever seen! We were on Disney Dining and the meal was AMAZING!

DISNEYNY
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Planning on going here in August. We are using extra credits at Narcossee's so we thought this would be a great CS to try. Can't wait!!! :goodvibes

ciera321
05-11-2009, 01:03 PM
We LOVE WPE and eat there at least 2 times each trip. It's really the best of both worlds, CS vs TS!!! :goodvibes

JT's World
05-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express is definitely one of my family's favorite counter service places to eat at WDW. It is a must do on each trip. If you are on the Disney Dining Plan it is certainly a great deal.

The food really is as good as the pictures that an early poster showed.

The Creme Brulee that they have may be the best Counter Service dessert that you can get!

It also made the list in my Disney World Blog (Only WDWorld) Post about: Disney Dining Plan - Maximizing Counter Service Credits (http://www.onlywdworld.com/2009/01/disney-dining-plan-maximizing-counter.html)

The post discusses the best places in each of the 4 WDW parks and Downtown Disney to get the most value for your Counter Service Credits.

devonsmommy
05-11-2009, 03:33 PM
We loved WPE so much that we ate there 3 times!

laneyandmacsmom
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
We just ate there for the first time last week. It was my favorite meal of the week, better than even the TS meals. The person taking our order noticed that my husband and I were both ordering sides (planning to pay out of pocket) and offered to let us get the sides instead of dessert.

MickeyEars
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Thank you for posting the photos. The pizzas look yummy!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to try them in a few weeks!!

Carla

ward306
05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Just like everyone else, my family agrees that this is an excellent meal and a bonus for CS credit. Not only is lunch/dinner wonderful but we also enjoy their breakfasts---corn flake french toast--YUMM!

MapleGirl
05-13-2009, 09:56 AM
We love the WPE! We always get lunch there on our first day. Last time we were on the Dining plan we told our server we were too full for dessert. He brought out two huge brownies wrapped up for each of us (4 gigantic brownies for just the 2 of us!). He was so nice and the food was just wonderful. I can't wait to go back.

DISNEYNY
05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
So do you sit at a table and someone takes your order and brings the food to you?

jcemom
05-13-2009, 11:17 AM
So do you sit at a table and someone takes your order and brings the food to you?You place your order at the counter, then they give you a number to take to your table. When we were there it was crowded so they were also asking your party size (after you ordered) and helping you find a table. They bring your food to you when it's ready. They also refilled our drinks for us. And the food comes on real plates with real flatware -- no plastic stuff! Our 'server' came over often to ask if we needed anything. And to top it off, they always seem happy to get you whatever you want. We've never been treated as if we're causing them any trouble at all. At least that's been my experience, and my mom's too. :goodvibes

DISNEYNY
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Cool...I can't wait to go. I can't believe with all the times I have been to Disney we never ate here before. :rotfl:

mjhd
05-13-2009, 08:19 PM
Just a helpful little tidbit as we were confused last year when we went to try WPE. There are two Wolfgang Pucks - one on the shopping side of DTD (marketplace) behind Earl of Sandwich and the Christmas shop I think and one over by DisneyQuest (West side) across the sidewalk and down a bit. My favorite is the one at the marketplace as they have a much bigger menu and more indoor seating. The brownies are delicious! Definitely an excellent use of your CS credit. We went here 2 or 3 times last year. The one on the Westside is delicious as well but has a smaller menu and only a small amount of seating. This is attached to their TS restaurant. DH liked this one better. You really can't go wrong with either of these choices! Remember to tip at the marketplace location as the dining room attendants bring and clear your dishes and will refill your drinks for you :)

Dizneydaz
05-14-2009, 01:40 PM
I was surprised last year to see there were two WP CS choices. We were ate DQ so we ate at WPE, and returned to that same location later in the trip. It was on our last day while using up our last SC at Goofy's in DTD that I saw the other location. We'll have to check it out next time.

carmie3377
05-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Just like everyone else, my family agrees that this is an excellent meal and a bonus for CS credit. Not only is lunch/dinner wonderful but we also enjoy their breakfasts---corn flake french toast--YUMM!

Thanks for mentioning breakfast - I was going to ask if they serve it. We plan on eating there the morning we head out to the port for our cruise on the Magic. Do you know approx what time they open for breakfast? TIA

ward306
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for mentioning breakfast - I was going to ask if they serve it. We plan on eating there the morning we head out to the port for our cruise on the Magic. Do you know approx what time they open for breakfast? TIA

We're normally worried about how LATE a place stays open for breakfast not how early they open :rotfl:...
I can't personally confirm it but, all ears indicates that WPE serves breakfast from 9-11AM.

dd50
05-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I am going to try it this year as I have been to DTD many times and never eaten there. This will be our first stop after we check in.:banana:

TheDWord
05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Normally, you order at the counter, they give you a number to put on your table and they bring the food out to your table, based on the number. However, we saw a group just sit down, flag someone bringing out food for another table, and that server took their order. I guess it's a semi-table service.

And the food is GREAT! Best use of a QS credit bar none.

Good Ol Gal
05-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Just a helpful little tidbit as we were confused last year when we went to try WPE. There are two Wolfgang Pucks - one on the shopping side of DTD (marketplace) behind Earl of Sandwich and the Christmas shop I think and one over by DisneyQuest (West side) across the sidewalk and down a bit. My favorite is the one at the marketplace as they have a much bigger menu and more indoor seating. The brownies are delicious! Definitely an excellent use of your CS credit. We went here 2 or 3 times last year. The one on the Westside is delicious as well but has a smaller menu and only a small amount of seating. This is attached to their TS restaurant. DH liked this one better. You really can't go wrong with either of these choices! Remember to tip at the marketplace location as the dining room attendants bring and clear your dishes and will refill your drinks for you :)

So can you use your DDP credits at either one?

DISNEYNY
05-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes, they both take the DDP. One is CS the other is TS.

Duchess n kittens
06-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Has anyone had food 'to go' from here like the pizza for example?

aubriee
06-10-2009, 06:29 AM
Has anyone had food 'to go' from here like the pizza for example?

I haven't had the pizza to go, but have ordered other items to go. In fact, I had two credits left over this past May and ran by WGP Express to use them to get something to go for the airport.

5boyz
06-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Cant wait to try WPE....I see it every year but have never even thought to venture in, but this year I am after reading all the reviews.....:cool1: I will have to go on allears and see what the kids menu is like.

lurkernj
06-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Can you still get creme brulee as your dessert here on the DP? We got it last September and it was our fave of the trip, but remember reading a while back that you couldn't get it for dessert on the DP anymore. My DS11 has requested this place and remembers it as "the place at DTD with the really good creme brulee". (I guess I will be paying for it if it's not included!)

jcemom
06-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Creme brulee was included with the DDP in January. I'm not sure if it's changed since then or not.

77SU
06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I had the creme brulee for dessert today at lunch. It was good. The meal was wonderful. DW and DD decided it was on their list of return-to restaurants. Their only complaint was that the tomato sauce on the BBQ quesadilla and the BBQ chicken pizza tasted too much like ketchup. Good use of a CS credit. For the three of us, the bill would have been $64.27 for our last three CS credits.

MsDisney23
06-11-2009, 05:49 PM
I luv their spag. & mb!