PDA

View Full Version : barbecue rumor

luckybug618
05-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I heard there is a barbecue meal at MK possibly lunching pad that is worth 20+ dollars. I was hoping my dh and I could share this meal and heard it was a 1/2 chicken or something with 2 sides and a drink and dessert for a qs credit. Even if we both have to use a qs credit for one meal it sounds delicious. Anybody know of this let me know! THanks!

Also, how many qs/ts credits is it for a picnic meal at Ak? I believe this is barbecue as well. THanks for the help experts!!!:yay:

TDC Nala
05-08-2009, 10:04 PM
The AK picnic can be booked for a minimum of 3 people so it costs at least 3 CS credits. Have heard nothing about a similar meal at MK.

DaveStroem
05-08-2009, 10:08 PM
here is the info on the AK picnic http://allears.net/din/akpicnic.htm

But it sounds like you are talking about Cosmic Ray's
1/2 Chicken and BBQ Rib Combination served with Mashed Potatoes and a seasonal vegetable $13.99 or 1 CS credit.

I had this on our last trip and it was a TON of food. very easy to share. It was quite good too.

MelanieC
05-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Definately sounds like Cosmic Ray's :)

Tinker_Belle
05-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I think you mean Cosmic Rays (MK) - They have a great 1/2 Chicken & Rib combo that can easily be shared. :goodvibes

ilovemickeymost
05-09-2009, 02:45 AM
i'm so hungry

Faldred
05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Yeah, I think it's Cosmic Ray's you're thinking of. The chicken & ribs platter (with mashed potatoes and green beans) is about $14, a drink is $2.50, and a dessert is around $3, so it's a $20+ meal by the time you figure in tax.

Very "splittable" -- DW and I did so one day when we had a later breakfast and an earlier dinner rather than try to make it through the day on just snacks...

luckybug618
05-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I knew I could count on y'all!:lovestruc Yes, cosmic rays that sounds more like it. I knew it was tomorrowland sounding. Woo HOO i'm hungry. Thanks for the help!

ntsammy5
05-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Good old Ray........ way too much food for me

Chuck S
05-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Are the ribs similarly seasoned to the ones served at Hoop-De-Doo? I've avoided he BBQ at Comic Ray's because I can't eat the ribs at Hoop-De-Doo (seasoning allergy), but I like BBQ.

Chloesmom
05-11-2009, 10:54 AM
You may also consider Flametree BBQ at AK. Its a ton of food and we split it often... plus we really like it. Its a must do each trip. I will admit tho that the new picnic deal looks very interesting and I have been watching posts about it trying to see if its worth trying.

JT's World
05-11-2009, 12:09 PM
If you are trying to maximize the value of your counter service credits on the Disney Dining Plan then the 1/2 Chicken and Rib Combination meal at Cosmic Ray's in the Magic Kingdom is a great choice.

During Counter Service meals on the Dining Plan sharing is allowed and you do not have to buy a meal for each person present. This is a great way to have meal credits left over for your departure day or the ability to have counter service breakfasts during your trip.

For the best ways to maximize your Counter Service credits at each of the 4 parks and Downtown Disney, check out my blog (Only WDWorld) post entitled: Disney Dining Plan - Maximizing Counter Service Credits (http://www.onlywdworld.com/2009/01/disney-dining-plan-maximizing-counter.html).

I hope these tips will help you have a great trip!