PDA

View Full Version : FD and Booking for longer then your stay.

DaveStroem
05-08-2009, 05:54 PM
We are heading down to the World for FD in September. I have been trying to figure out our dining plan for the 5 days that we will be there. We will arrive at midnight on the 25th and depart at 6:00pm on the 30th. With all the TS meals that we want to do (6 of them) and the CS meals, it would work out perfect if we had 1 more TS & CS per person.

Is it wrong or not allowed to book & pay for our stay through Oct 1st and then just change our DME when we are there to go home on the 30th?

The extra room night would be about $90 and the cheapest TS would be $76 & CS would be $40. We are also going during F&W and am planning on having a long strolling lunch at the kiosks so the SC will be used here. So if I figure the SC as being worth $12 the CS at $40 and the TS at $76 that comes to $126 before tax. If we don't do this we will skip the CS & SC but pay for the TS OOP.

What would you do?

DaveStroem
05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Has anyone done this?

jcemom
05-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I have never done it, but I have read of others doing it. I don't think there's any problem with it. You're paying Disney for the room whether you use it or not. Since I have no firsthand experience though I'm not sure how others have handled checkout/DME.

I know I have also read of DVC members staying on points but paying for a Value room at the same time to get free DDP.

Hopefully someone with firsthand experience will come along and give you some tips. :goodvibes

Sandisw
05-09-2009, 08:27 PM
I think it is fine. I have not ever done it during free dining, but I have booked a room for the night we were leaving when we had a late flight, just so I didn't have to be out of my room at 10:00 am.

In essence, if you are not leaving until 6:00 pm, you may find having the room available until you have to head to the airport a good thing.

And, the benefit would you you would have your extra credits!!!