PDA

View Full Version : Is it better to make more dinner reservations when on DDP?

princesslover
05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
As I'm planning my ADR's, I noticed I have a lot of breakfasts, and only a couple of dinners. In order to the the most for my money, is it better to make more dinner reservations?

I'm just wondering if that factors in for people at all. Thanks! :goodvibes

TDC Nala
05-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Because dinners cost more than breakfasts (sometimes a LOT more), then the best "value" is to use your TS credits for dinners.

But it's your plan - if you like breakfasts, go for it.

Mickey1976
05-08-2009, 04:17 PM
We are not big breakfast eaters and have a one bedroom villa with a full kitchen so we've planned breakfasts in the room (cereal, oatmeal, granola bars on the ride into the parks, etc.) and then CS lunch and TS dinner. We'll be doing most of our touring the a.m., heading back for nap and swim, dinner and then back to the park before bedtime. I just figure it's more bang for your buck to eat dinner at a TS restaurant and there's no character breakfasts we're wanting anways, going to do Akershus and Chef Mickey's for dinner...

septbaby
05-08-2009, 05:39 PM
It is best to book what you want, eat what you want, eat when you want.

Its YOUR vacation, just do exactly what you want. The DP frees you to not worry about the prices while you are there, how often does that really happen for you? Not often enough for me so a appreciate that freedom when on the DP. Not get caught up in the wave of trying to maximize the $ plan or be the one that "saved" the most. Just really enjoy those meals.

Another way to get "value" on a breakfast day, use the CS credit for a more expensive dinner, like the combo platter at Cosmic Ray's in MK, a full sit down dinner with waitress service at the Pepper Market and I'm sure there are others. We really didn't bother to look for them, in fact I can't think of a CS meal that I didn't share with my family. We were 2A and 1C, usually 1A/1C or 2A meals were plenty for us.

Honestly, we used our TS credits for B, L and D and have no regrets, just lots of good food and memories.

princesslover
05-09-2009, 09:35 AM
It is best to book what you want, eat what you want, eat when you want.

Its YOUR vacation, just do exactly what you want. The DP frees you to not worry about the prices while you are there, how often does that really happen for you? Not often enough for me so a appreciate that freedom when on the DP. Not get caught up in the wave of trying to maximize the $ plan or be the one that "saved" the most. Just really enjoy those meals.

Another way to get "value" on a breakfast day, use the CS credit for a more expensive dinner, like the combo platter at Cosmic Ray's in MK, a full sit down dinner with waitress service at the Pepper Market and I'm sure there are others. We really didn't bother to look for them, in fact I can't think of a CS meal that I didn't share with my family. We were 2A and 1C, usually 1A/1C or 2A meals were plenty for us.

Honestly, we used our TS credits for B, L and D and have no regrets, just lots of good food and memories.

Thank you! This is good advice. :) One other thing I keep hearing is that it is a good idea to just grab something quick for breakfast (either use a snack credit or bring granola bars, etc from the room) then book the latest breakfast possible (I think most places is like 11:00) and sort of call that "brunch." That way, you are getting breakfast still, but it serves as a brunch. Also, you aren't "wasting" park time by eating breakfast. Then, like you said, you can use CS to get a decent meal at dinner still.

I wasn't aware that there were places that were full service that you could use CS credits. That's good to know. I'm sure there must be a thread arouind here that lists the higher end CS places.

Thanks again, everyone.

maggiew
05-09-2009, 10:17 AM
I wasn't aware that there were places that were full service that you could use CS credits. That's good to know. I'm sure there must be a thread arouind here that lists the higher end CS places.

Thanks again, everyone.

The Pepper Market at CSR and Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD are 2 of the most popular ones.

The combo meal at Cosmic Rays is often cited as a "large enough to share" meal. Many people like Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT FW too.

Maggie

TDC Nala
05-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Pepper Market and WPE are not exactly full service. At Pepper Market you order at food stations. They give you your food there, and you carry it to your table. The "servers" show you to your table, provide you with silverware and fill your drinks. They do not bring your food.

WPE has guests order at a counter, you select a table after ordering, and then a "server" will bring the food to your table, but you do not sit and order the food from the server.

jennyf10
05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
When I used the DDP in 2005 I 'maximized' the plan by reserving many TS dinners. The plan was to tour in the AM, swim at the resort in the afternoon, and go back out in the evenings for dinner. By day three we were exhausted and on some nights didn't want to go back out but did anyway because we had 'paid' for that dinner!! This year we plan to use the DDP again (even with no tip and appetizers!) and 5 of my 7 TS ADR's are scheduled for lunch. We may not save as much money this way but I think it will work better for us.

catne
05-10-2009, 05:19 PM
one consideration about doing a lot of large breakfasts...what kind of rides do you want to do in the parks after getting stuffed to the gills at breakfast? In January DH & I did a large breakfast buffet at CM at 7:30...we were at MK when it opened at 9:00 and I can tell you we had no interest in the roller coaster or twirling rides, ya know.:eek::upsidedow:eek: And it was extremely cold while we were there (32 degrees at rope drop, if you can imagine!) It would have been awful walking around that full if it had been hot & humid...just something to consider