PDA

View Full Version : Can I get the Dining Plan for this?

irunnoft
05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
I've booked 8 nights via DVC incentive points at SSR. I've got the Deluxe Dining Plan for those 8 nights, however, we decided to extend our vacation beyond the 8 nights at SSR by adding 4 nights at AKL that we are paying for OOP. Since we have the option as DVC members to buy annual passes, we plan to pick those up when we arrive; we won't have/need Magic Your Way tickets. So my question is whether or not it is possible to somehow purchase a dining plan for the 4 nights we're at AKL since we've just booked and paid for the room only through Disney Travel. The nights at AKL are NOT part of a DVC booking.

Thanks

Faldred
05-08-2009, 01:15 PM
As annual pass holders, you should be able to add dining plan to a cash stay if you booked with Disney. The question in my mind is whether or not you're considered an AP holder for booking if haven't actually gotten the AP yet, but plan to buy it on your trip...

irunnoft
05-08-2009, 01:25 PM
As annual pass holders, you should be able to add dining plan to a cash stay if you booked with Disney. The question in my mind is whether or not you're considered an AP holder for booking if haven't actually gotten the AP yet, but plan to buy it on your trip...

Thanks. Do you know how I would go about doing that? I won't be picking up the Annual Passes until we arrive in June, but I might be able to call and add the DP on to the AKL stay since it will be 8 days out from the time we check out of SSR. If you know a phone number I could call, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks!

TDC Nala
05-08-2009, 01:28 PM
You have to present the AP at check-in so if you have it then you will be fine.

You need to call Disney and have the reservation changed to an annual passholder room/dining package (it will then be a package reservation, not a room-only, and you will need to have it paid in full at 45 days from check-in and note the cancellation policies.) You shouldn't need the AP when you book, just at check-in.

irunnoft
05-08-2009, 01:37 PM

You need to call Disney and have the reservation changed to an annual passholder room/dining package (it will then be a package reservation, not a room-only, and you will need to have it paid in full at 45 days from check-in and note the cancellation policies.) You shouldn't need the AP when you book, just at check-in.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!!! That is excellent news!!! I thought there must be a way to get the DP, but I just didn't know how. This is why the Disboard is my new daily obsession. I just thought I knew a lot about WDW until I started checking these threads every day!

irunnoft
05-08-2009, 01:44 PM

Would I just call the regular Disney Travel or is there another number that would be better?

mbanks21
05-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Call the same folks that did the room only res. They will rebook it as a AP plus dining package and cancel/refund your room only res

irunnoft
05-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Call the same folks that did the room only res. They will rebook it as a AP plus dining package and cancel/refund your room only res

Thx!