PDA

View Full Version : Refill mug, particularly with QSP and DxDDP

DVCAustralia
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
We have never had one, and note that as well as getting them with QSP and DxDDP you can buy them separately.
With a split DVC stay you can chose to have two different dining plans during your stay at Disney. As such if you only have the plan with the mug for one part of the stay (with DDP the rest of the time) does the entitlement to refills end, and if so when? If you buy one separately how long do they last?
Also are they valid at all Disney resorts or only the resort at which you stay/buy it?
How will the CM's know these details?

Oh for the simpler days before finding out about the three Disney Dining plans.

GoodFairies
05-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Let me know if this is correct.
You are staying at a DVC property for X days with the QSDP and you will each get a mug. Then you are moving to a different DVC property for X days with DxDDP. You want to know if you can use your mugs during the 2nd stay.

If I have the scenario correct, yes you can use your mugs over your whole trip. The mugs state they are good for length of stay at the resort in which you purchased them. You are still staying onsite and all the mugs look the same now. It will not be an issue at all.

squirrel
05-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Both the QSDP and the DxDP come with resort refill mugs. So if you had both those DP during your split stay, you would actually have 2 mugs per person.

If you only get one of the above DP and then the regular DP than nobody would know that you got it from your first part of your trip, unless you switched resorts to/from SSR or is it CSR? (one of them has a different mug from the rest of the resorts).

DVCAustralia
05-08-2009, 01:18 AM
It would likely be DxDDP to DDP or QSP to DDP, so we will each have a mug from the first part of stay and I wondering what happens when we change to DDP.

squirrel
05-08-2009, 09:38 AM
It's the CSR that has a different mug than the rest of the resorts.

If you're not switching resorts to or from this resort, nobody will know if you use the mug. The mugs use to be good for ever-that's what I was told when I bought one in 1999. I like that they change them, another thing to collect.

You will get a new KTTW card to your new room and your new dining credits. Make sure you use up the credits from the first part of your trip by midnight on the day you check out.

ptrbryant
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Just to confirm, you get a free mug with the QSP, but not the DDP? Why?

Karla B.

Faldred
05-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Technically, the mug refills should only be used for the duration of the reservation the mug purchase was made under, and only at that resort. Because all of the resorts (except one) use the same mug, it is impossible to enforce.

Let your conscience be your guide.

Just to confirm, you get a free mug with the QSP, but not the DDP? Why?

Because that's the way the package is designed. Since basic is the most popular dining plan, they did not feel the need to add the mug as an extra incentive, and it keeps the cost of the plan down by that much.