PDA

View Full Version : I'm going through withdrawal...one trip just became two!!

onelilspark
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Original Title: I'm going through withdrawal, I need a FIX and my AP is about to EXPIRE...the HORROR!

Hi, my name is Kelly and I'm a Disneyholic. :wave2:

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/DisneyWinter09004Large.jpg

Hey! Looks like I've come to the right place! :grouphug:

On August 9, 2008 I purchased an annual pass.
http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/36463/2583586470056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I returned to the World for Food and Wine Festival:
http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/44412/2727602160056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

And the day after Christmas:
http://inlinethumb61.webshots.com/39804/2860798860056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

And at the beginning of February:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Disney%20Trip%20February%2009/DisneyTrip09_54.jpg

Oh yes, and for my birthday at the end of February:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/DisneyWinter09005Large.jpg

Now after all these trips I didn't have anything planned. I had a bounceback trip booked for the end of September, but I knew I couldn't take it, it was just a matter of canceling it :sad1: I canceled it today, but only because I knew...

I'm going back baby!!!

*Ahem* The question now is just when. My withdrawal symptoms became so bad I was having vivid dreams about Walt Disney World...this is needed. I'm self-diagnosing.

I have it narrowed down to two sets. Either Saturday 8/1-Monday 8/3. (I know! SHORT! But my problem is obviously vacation time!) Or... over Father's Day, Saturday 6/20-Monday 6/22. My cousin, who's a teacher and Disneyholic might be able to join me for August, if she can, it'll be a go GO GO! If not, my Dad knows this "quaint little bed and breakfast about 40 minutes south of the parks." (i.e. my parent's place.)

Details to follow...

But umm...

party: I'm going to Disney World! party:

onelilspark
05-08-2009, 08:15 AM
My cousin can't make it. Strike 1.

I'm sticking with my August dates, I was going over my calendar last night with the boyfriend and realized how much I have going on in June...it would just be too much. Besides, the whole reason for this trip is because that AP is burning a hole in my pocket. Give me another month and a half? Surely I'll find an excuse to go back! :lmao:

My younger brother has spent the semester abroad, he was supposed to work at a Boy Scout Camp this summer up in PA, but that might fall through (he hasn't heard anything and since he hasn't worked all year so far, he's getting frustrated!) So he might be working close to home, which means he'll already be in Florida in August. Since he's a FL resident, he gets the AP every year (the discount is ridiculous.) So if he's working close to home, he's joining me. If the camp thing works out, it depends when that's over. Details to follow...

In the meantime, I'll be booking the Coronado Springs for 1 (I can always add him later!) with the Quick Service plan and Magical Express! :dance3:

TeresaNJ
05-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Subbing! Let the planning begin!!!

shebaxric
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Woo hoo!!! Subbing and waiting for the planning to begin!:cool1::cool1:

onelilspark
05-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Subbing! Let the planning begin!!!

Woo hoo!!! Subbing and waiting for the planning to begin!:cool1::cool1:

:yay: I'm very excited for this trip.

It's official. I booked a standard room at CSR, the quick service plan, and my flight this morning! :woohoo:

My brother is very excited about it, he's turning 21 at the end of May, so he wants to drink beer in Epcot. :lmao: We'll just have to wait and see how the job situation pans out for him this summer. :scared: He also really wants to try Yak & Yeti counter service...I think I can make that happen (oh no...am I planning this trip around food too?! :eek: )

This is us in Epcot Oct '07. My Mom forgot to take the zoom off the camera :rotfl:

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/27316/2434909170056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

onelilspark
05-10-2009, 02:00 PM
As anyone who has read my Dining Report knows, I'm all about Disney food popcorn::

So far my brother wants to eat at Yak & Yeti, so that takes care of DAK, but what about the other parks? What are your favorite counter service places??

Mine include...Tangerine Cafe in Morocco, Sunshine Seasons in the Land, Casey's Corner at MK, and of course Germany...

There's no where from HS on that list :lmao: Where would you go there??

shebaxric
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
What country haven't you been to?:rotfl: Perhaps you could try a country's CS that you haven't been to before. Last time I was there I ate at the CS in Japan, it's called Yakitori House. They had this shrimp tempura udon soup that I really liked. They also have many different choices if you're not a seafood lover. For instance, there is a Japanes Curry that looks really good!:banana: As far as HS goes, my DH likes the Turkey Legs at the Toluca Legs Turkey Company. I'm not a fan, but they have a barbecued pulled pork sub that is pretty good. We've also eaten at the Studio Catering Company, which is back by Star Tours. It's really basic stuff, but not too bad, definitely not as bad as the ABC Commissary. MK is really hard because I usually don't do CS there. We have eaten at the Columbia Harbour House, which I love! You are limited to seafood, though. I haven't really eaten at any other CS in MK. Have you noticed how many sweet shops there are in MK? Places that serve Ice Cream, cookies and the like?? There are seven different places!!! I have this really cool program on my I-Touch called "WDW Dining". It gives you all the menus for all the parks, and DTD. I refer to this all the time and as I was browsing through it for suggestions for you, I noticed it.:lmao: It just goes to show you that they want you hopped up on sugar!:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hope this helps, feel free to ask opinions about other stuff, I'm full of them!:rotfl2:

P.S. You get to be my 200th post! I love the little milestones it life. . .

onelilspark
05-14-2009, 01:56 PM
What country haven't you been to?:rotfl: Perhaps you could try a country's CS that you haven't been to before. Last time I was there I ate at the CS in Japan, it's called Yakitori House. They had this shrimp tempura udon soup that I really liked. They also have many different choices if you're not a seafood lover. For instance, there is a Japanes Curry that looks really good!:banana: As far as HS goes, my DH likes the Turkey Legs at the Toluca Legs Turkey Company. I'm not a fan, but they have a barbecued pulled pork sub that is pretty good. We've also eaten at the Studio Catering Company, which is back by Star Tours. It's really basic stuff, but not too bad, definitely not as bad as the ABC Commissary. MK is really hard because I usually don't do CS there. We have eaten at the Columbia Harbour House, which I love! You are limited to seafood, though. I haven't really eaten at any other CS in MK. Have you noticed how many sweet shops there are in MK? Places that serve Ice Cream, cookies and the like?? There are seven different places!!! I have this really cool program on my I-Touch called "WDW Dining". It gives you all the menus for all the parks, and DTD. I refer to this all the time and as I was browsing through it for suggestions for you, I noticed it.:lmao: It just goes to show you that they want you hopped up on sugar!:lmao::lmao::lmao: I hope this helps, feel free to ask opinions about other stuff, I'm full of them!:rotfl2:

P.S. You get to be my 200th post! I love the little milestones it life. . .

That BBQ Pork Sub sounds pretty good. I can't eat the Turkey Legs. Every time I do, I get a tummy ache :sick:

I've never tried Columbia Harbor House, I think I've been to all the other CS places, so I think I'll have to try that one this time!! :thumbsup2 Haha, I can't get over all the sweets at the MK! I love it!! :yay:

I just got myself an ITouch, I was looking at all the apps and I saw the Dining one. I almost downloaded it then I laughed at myself because I know almost all of them! Though my brother doesn't know them as well as I do, so it might be helpful...hmmm I might do it.

And :woohoo: on your 200th post! party:

I've been trying to decide where to request for the room and decided on the Cabanas. That entire section has been renovated and it's close to a bus stop if my brother can't join me :goodvibes I'm gonna throw this in here so it's easier to find later...
Coronado Springs Resort
Fax: (407) 939-1001

Oh, and I was thinking...perhaps someone knows this...for ME...they double check your pick up time when you get it from the airport right? Cause if my brother can join me, I might just have him meet me at the hotel...they live south of Disney, I have more faith in him getting there by 10:30am than getting all the way to the airport by 9:30am :lmao: But I might have him take me to the airport since ME tends to pick you up so early... So instead of calling Disney and going through all that, can I just tell them when I get on the bus to go to the hotel that I don't need it? :confused3

shebaxric
05-15-2009, 08:16 AM
I wish I could help you with the ME. I've never used it since we always drive to my IL's first, then we all drive down together. Sometimes, I wish we'd just fly and meet them down there.:confused3

For .99, the WDW dining application is really worth it. It will update whenever you sync if there are updates, which means whenever Disney changes the menus, this app. will change, too! I've browsed more of them and there are really so many, probably more than need to be. I know most of them aren't worth it to me because I can get most of the information on the boards. I really hope your brother can go! It would be cool to spend some time with him in the parks since he's been gone in Europe during all the trips you've had to WDW in the past year.

teruterubouzu
05-15-2009, 08:41 AM
I bought an AP last Friday and might be in the same boat as you right around this time next year. I just stayed at the Coronado last weekend. I was by myself and ended up in a room in Cabanas 8A. It was very close to a bus stop and not very far from either the Dig Site or quiet pools. The walk to the main building wasn't bad at all. Looking forward to reading more!

onelilspark
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
I wish I could help you with the ME. I've never used it since we always drive to my IL's first, then we all drive down together. Sometimes, I wish we'd just fly and meet them down there.:confused3

For .99, the WDW dining application is really worth it. It will update whenever you sync if there are updates, which means whenever Disney changes the menus, this app. will change, too! I've browsed more of them and there are really so many, probably more than need to be. I know most of them aren't worth it to me because I can get most of the information on the boards. I really hope your brother can go! It would be cool to spend some time with him in the parks since he's been gone in Europe during all the trips you've had to WDW in the past year.

That makes him sound so grown up, it breaks my heart. He'll be 21 in a week. A WEEK! :scared1: It's my little brother!! :sad2:

I'm gonna take your advice and download the dining app. I think it'll come in handy when we're actually in the parks, hmmm I'm hungry for X, where can I go? :goodvibes

I bought an AP last Friday and might be in the same boat as you right around this time next year. I just stayed at the Coronado last weekend. I was by myself and ended up in a room in Cabanas 8A. It was very close to a bus stop and not very far from either the Dig Site or quiet pools. The walk to the main building wasn't bad at all. Looking forward to reading more!

:yay: That's exactly where I want to be! Oh I can't wait! They had the new rooms, right? I really care most about the rooms :laughing:

The AP is so addicting! The AP rates came out, Disney sent me a few emails on the same day I looked at them...I'm weak. But I get one more trip out of it! :woohoo:

...off to ask my question about ME on the main boards!

onelilspark
05-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Alright! Got my answer on ME, I can cancel it when I check in for my "going" ride, or at the hotel. :thumbsup2

UPS also stopped by and delivered this lil beauty:
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/unobente/gorillapod.jpg

Maybe I can take nighttime pictures now! :banana: I also got an extra camera battery since I take too many pictures and mine dies :lmao:

I'm going to Northern CA in a week (YAY! :yay:) so I'll give it a trial run out there. When I get back, my brother will know for sure if he can go! :woohoo:

Here's a better picture of my brother and I...this is from October 08!
http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/45165/2194724650056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

shebaxric
05-15-2009, 04:24 PM
I lived in San Diego for 18 years and I never got to N. CA.:scared1: I'd like to get there someday. Are you going on business or just for fun? You'll definitely get some great shots with that!! I always love it when gifts come in the mail.:goodvibes

teruterubouzu
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
:yay: That's exactly where I want to be! Oh I can't wait! They had the new rooms, right? I really care most about the rooms :laughing:

The AP is so addicting! The AP rates came out, Disney sent me a few emails on the same day I looked at them...I'm weak. But I get one more trip out of it! :woohoo:

I cared most about the room too! My request was for a renovated room on an upper floor, preferably in Cabanas. It worked out perfectly! The new rooms are really attractive.

I'm excited to learn more about the AP discounts. That's part of how I justified buying it. I'm hoping I can get my money out of it. The hard part is convincing the boyfriend to go. He's never been and still is a bit dubious about the whole thing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :goodvibes

onelilspark
05-16-2009, 09:24 AM
I lived in San Diego for 18 years and I never got to N. CA.:scared1: I'd like to get there someday. Are you going on business or just for fun? You'll definitely get some great shots with that!! I always love it when gifts come in the mail.:goodvibes

My Mom wanted to go, so she persuaded me that it would be a good time :goodvibes So I'm heading out with the whole family, little brother included! I'm heading to Chicago first actually. My boyfriend and I are leaving Friday night and spending the weekend with my best friend out there, then bright and early (I'm sure she loves me!) she's taking us to the airport, he's flying back home and I'm flying out west!

I cared most about the room too! My request was for a renovated room on an upper floor, preferably in Cabanas. It worked out perfectly! The new rooms are really attractive.

I'm excited to learn more about the AP discounts. That's part of how I justified buying it. I'm hoping I can get my money out of it. The hard part is convincing the boyfriend to go. He's never been and still is a bit dubious about the whole thing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing more about your trip! :goodvibes

:rotfl: You sound like me! That would be exactly what I would request for my room! Upper floor so it's quiet please!!

When did you send in your request?

Love love the AP discounts, especially on the room! In October my friend and I were going to stay at Pop, but for only $15 more/night we could stay at POFQ with the AP discount! We did it! And then on this trip I'm saving 40% on the room and it's really the only reason I'm going :goodvibes Plus, since my parents live down there, there's the added bonus of free parking! I've used it enough for that where that $12 savings has come in handy.

As for getting your boyfriend to go...well, mine obviously isn't coming on this trip! So I guess I'm no help :laughing: I did get him to come with me for my birthday. We compromised though, instead of it being all Disney, all the time, we spent some time just being lazy at my parents. (Substitute being lazy at the pool if you don't have family there!) That seemed to be a good compromise. And if you have the AP, you can head into the parks for a few hours and leave him chillin' poolside :thumbsup2

teruterubouzu
05-16-2009, 11:40 AM
:rotfl: You sound like me! That would be exactly what I would request for my room! Upper floor so it's quiet please!!

When did you send in your request?

Thanks for the hints on how to get my boyfriend to go. I faxed my request in on a Monday for a Friday check in. I hope your request works out as well as mine did.

onelilspark
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Thanks! I hope so too!

Good luck wearing down the bf!

I'm working on tee shirts today to bring with me :) I'll take a picture and post later!

onelilspark
05-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns! (http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/101_0598.jpg

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/101_0599.jpg

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them! :dance3::dance3:

shebaxric
05-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Sooo I decided to totally Disney Geek myself out for this trip and I made some tee shirts! I used this board: DISigns! (http://disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105)

I made three for myself and two for my cousin and one for my friend!

These are all of them:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/101_0598.jpg

The Phillies one is for my friend, the Chip & Dale one and the Steelers one is for my cousin, the other three are for ME!

These are mine:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/101_0599.jpg

Surprisingly, I really like the way the blue one came out!! I can't wait to wear them! :dance3::dance3:

My sister is a HUGE Steelers fan, so I'm definitely going to get that shirt for her for when we go in November!! Do they have all the NFL teams? I'm going to go and check out the link right now, thanks for posting that!:thumbsup2 I hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago and and out west! I only have four and a half more days until our vacation at the Outer Banks!!!:cool1: Hopefully, the weather will cooperate, but right now, it's saying rain for four out of the seven days we are there!:scared1: I really want that to change!

onelilspark
05-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Hope the weather cooperates!!

Natalie is the one who did the sports: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1786459

onelilspark
05-20-2009, 08:29 AM
I got an email from Disney back...apparnelty it's 45 days out to add my brother. Not 6 like the online chat guy told me. Grrrr....

lizet313
05-20-2009, 10:10 AM
Subbing

I like the shirts.

norybell
05-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi Kelly!

Love the shirts! I'm thinking of making myself one for MNSSHP...

And I'm totally thinking about upgrading to an AP when I'm there. I figure, even if I just go back one more time in the next year (which I plan to in Oct '10, with my niece), it'll be worth it. Do you know if there are AP room rates for all the resorts? (Sorry to interrupt your thread with AP questions!)

Though, from reading your report so far, maybe upgrading to an AP is a bit...dangerous? :rotfl:

onelilspark
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Subbing

I like the shirts.

:wave2: Thanks! I think I like them too :rotfl:

Hi Kelly!

Love the shirts! I'm thinking of making myself one for MNSSHP...

And I'm totally thinking about upgrading to an AP when I'm there. I figure, even if I just go back one more time in the next year (which I plan to in Oct '10, with my niece), it'll be worth it. Do you know if there are AP room rates for all the resorts? (Sorry to interrupt your thread with AP questions!)

Though, from reading your report so far, maybe upgrading to an AP is a bit...dangerous? :rotfl:

:wave2: Hi! Umm...the AP is a little dangerous, but in a good way! And this past year there have been room rates for the moderates (I'm saving 40% at the CSR! :yay:) and values every time it's released. The deluxes are a little different. Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are always included. Sometimes Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are included. And maybe once? this year other deluxes were included. If you're looking at staying at a moderate or value, you're definitely covered. Oh, and you can book an AP rate without actually getting the AP yet. You just have to produce one sometime during your stay. Feel free to interrupt at any time if you have any other questions! :laughing:

onelilspark
05-22-2009, 08:37 AM
My boyfriend and I went out last night around sunset to a restaurant on the Erie Canal. So I practiced taking dusk shots with my new Gorillapod :yay:

I think they turned out pretty good!

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Canal/eriecanal001.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Canal/eriecanal009.jpg

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Canal/eriecanal010.jpg

I was practicing last night because I leave for Chicago tonight, then onto California on Monday. It might be awhile before I post again! Have a great Memorial Day everyone!!

norybell
05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Nice photos! I especially like the second one. Have a great weekend!

onelilspark
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Thanks Norybell!

I'm still out here in California. I really want to steal our rental car and head down the coast. According to the info we got from the hotel, Disneyland is only a mere 8 hours away. Totally do-able. But we start wine country tomorrow! And I don't really want to miss that...decisions, decisions :lmao:

My brother's birthday is tomorrow, so I can tell him that for his birthday I'm buying his share of the QSDP. :yay: I'm terrible at keeping secrets, so I'm having a hard time.

lizet313
05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
WOW am speechless I love your pics.

onelilspark
05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Thanks so much :) I'm editing my photos from "wine country" right now. I only used my gorillapod once though...to take a family photo :lmao: Looks like it'll get a proper introduction at Disney.

We're all systems go for Disney now! On Monday I'm adding my brother to the package officially! So he'll just need his ticket. I'm putting him in charge of in-park transportation, sunscreen, ponchos and to-the-airport transportation. I think he can handle it!! ::yes::

onelilspark
06-01-2009, 02:21 PM
:banana::banana::banana: Yay! Just got off the phone with the best CM ever! I added my brother and added the request for the Cabanas :banana::banana::banana:

...that is all.

TeresaNJ
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Hoorah!!! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Your pics look great. I want one of those gorilla thingies. I just showed my DH your pic of it, and he said he saw them in one of the flight magazines. Where did you get yours from?

onelilspark
06-02-2009, 08:14 AM
I got mine from Kodak online. Being the good Rochestarian that I am :rotfl:

shebaxric
06-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Wow, you go on vacation, and look what happens! New posts are up on all of my subbed threads and I have soooo much catching up to do! I started with yours, glad to see that you were able to add your brother with no problems. Also, your pics of the Erie Canal are beautiful!

Were you able to sneak down to DL? I totally understand the wine factor, however. It's hard to resist DL, though!:goodvibes

lizet313
06-02-2009, 01:37 PM
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am so happy for you

onelilspark
06-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Wow, you go on vacation, and look what happens! New posts are up on all of my subbed threads and I have soooo much catching up to do! I started with yours, glad to see that you were able to add your brother with no problems. Also, your pics of the Erie Canal are beautiful!

Were you able to sneak down to DL? I totally understand the wine factor, however. It's hard to resist DL, though!:goodvibes

Where'd you go?

I wasn't able to sneak down. Dad had the keys to the rental, apparently they weren't up for spending 8 hours in the car when we already had "plans" :confused3

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I am so happy for you

:dance3: I'm happy for me too. What a coincidence! :lmao:

shebaxric
06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Where'd you go?

We went to the Outer Banks, NC. The weather cooperated most of the time, and it was just a really relaxing time. Not one of those vacations where you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation!:lmao:

Did you enjoy Wine Country? I lived in CA most of my life and never got up past Santa Barbara.:confused3 Someday I'll get up there.:goodvibes

onelilspark
06-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Thought I'd post some pictures from my trip last week.

We started in Chicago...
The "bean"
http://inlinethumb30.webshots.com/45085/2699226430056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Us "in" the bean...it's like where's Waldo!
http://inlinethumb63.webshots.com/45246/2611344700056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

More of Millenium Park:
http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/40102/2859610690056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/45570/2014091260056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

From dinner at Fugo de Chao (my bf teased me, "you should do a 'Dis-style' dining report on this.") It was an awesome meal!

http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/45296/2824096470056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Onto California...San Francisco:
http://inlinethumb55.webshots.com/32054/2292284020056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/37941/2136886770056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/39119/2583503720056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb06.webshots.com/34885/2594452360056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb14.webshots.com/43021/2928664330056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/43891/2553037710056183660S600x600Q85.jpg
(Lombard Street, the crookedest street in the world!)

Off to Monterey!
http://inlinethumb64.webshots.com/1791/2533533820056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/39634/2382031530056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb15.webshots.com/38158/2696398740056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

And Pebble Beach...
http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/42747/2987224010056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

onelilspark
06-04-2009, 10:55 AM
And some of my favorites from the wineries...I took entirely too many photos those days...think it was the wine?? :lmao:

Chatau St Jean:
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/44178/2799084240056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/44232/2180677680056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Passalacqua:
http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/12603/2521151850056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Lambert Bridge:
http://inlinethumb04.webshots.com/32259/2835956910056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Mondavi:
http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/42979/2107627850056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/45455/2588128480056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Domaine Carneros:
http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/19776/2842546680056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/44064/2928065640056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/44218/2869363350056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

shebaxric
06-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Great Pictures!!! It looks like you had a great time on your mini vacation. You should totally do a DR on the restaurant you went to! It will prep you for your upcoming trip!:cool1:

Okay, now I really want to go to Wine Country!!! My DH probably would think it's boring, so I need to plan a trip with my cousin who lives in San Diego. Does it cost to get into the wineries, like admission?:confused3

onelilspark
06-04-2009, 11:06 AM
We went to the Outer Banks, NC. The weather cooperated most of the time, and it was just a really relaxing time. Not one of those vacations where you feel like you need a vacation from your vacation!:lmao:

Did you enjoy Wine Country? I lived in CA most of my life and never got up past Santa Barbara.:confused3 Someday I'll get up there.:goodvibes

Work was getting pretty stressful for me, so I was totally ready for the vacation! I work in foodservice, so needless to say, the economy is making us suffer (I'm doing fine, but not everyone is, so people are doing this: :scared1:) And I had it. So I was ready to get away!!

I live in NY wine country, so it was interesting going to CA wine country, which is much more well known the US (mainly because they can ship their wines outside of the state! :lmao:) I liked seeing the differences between the two areas, because although some wines are grown in both areas, the way they're grown is drastically different. Though some people when they asked where I was from and I said Rochester, NY proceeded to inform me on how CA wines were soooo much better than NY wines, and that irritated me. Any good wine guru will tell you that no wine is better than another, it's all based on someone's preference. :snooty: Stepping off my soap box now... But I did sign up for a wine club and sent some wine home. From you know, non-snooty people :laughing: I'd definitely go back at some point...ya know after I get to DL!

onelilspark
06-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Great Pictures!!! It looks like you had a great time on your mini vacation. You should totally do a DR on the restaurant you went to! It will prep you for your upcoming trip!:cool1:

Okay, now I really want to go to Wine Country!!! My DH probably would think it's boring, so I need to plan a trip with my cousin who lives in San Diego. Does it cost to get into the wineries, like admission?:confused3

Most cost for the tasting around $10, 15, or 20. Since there were 4 of us (Mom, Dad, brother, & me) we usually split 2 and that was fine...also helps with pacing yourself!

My Mom kept laughing at me because I was balking at the prices. Here in NY it's like $5 tasting or $5 for tour + tasting. If you wanted tour + tasting at some places it was closer to $40. Ridic. :eek: Then again, we don't really have $90 bottles of wine that you get to taste :rotfl:

We did a wine tasting class at Mondavi that I think is a great way to start. I've done them before up here at the New York Wine and Culinary Center in Canandaigua (awesome facility, highly recommend it if you're up in this area!) But I had to laugh at my Dad & brother. We did this the second day and all of a sudden they were swirling their wine, checking the color, etc.

onelilspark
06-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Alright. I've managed to avoid it long enough, but I'm starting to twitch. It's time to plan. :snooty:

Magic Kingdom
Aug 1...9-10
Aug 2...9-10+EMH
Aug 3...9-10
Epcot
Aug 1...9-9
Aug 2...EMH+9-9
Aug 3...9-9
Hollywood Studios
Aug 1...9-7
Aug 2...9-9
Aug 3...EMH+9-7
Animal Kingdom
Aug 1...EMH+9-7
Aug 2...9-7
Aug 3...9-7+EMH

I should get to the hotel around 10:30am on the 1st. My original plan was to head right over to AK, then after lunch-ish go to Epcot. On the 2nd get to MK at rope drop, then head back to the hotel for some R&R, then EMH at MK. Last day on the 3rd go to HS, do morning EMH for TSM...

But now looking at it...Aug 1 has morning EMH for AK. So that day may not be the best to get there. AK is my least favorite park, we were doing it so that we could eat at Y&Y CS. I'm afraid that I'll tire myself out if I stay up late at the MK and then immediately get up and try and do HS...grrrr I need some more time! :lmao:

What do you guys think? :confused3

onelilspark
06-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Ok...because I'm not totally crazy, I think I've come up with a new plan...

Day 1: Flight lands, check bag coming down so all I have is my purse that I'll take into Disney with me...survive on trip down solely on IPod, sleep, and In-Flight TV (:banana: Jet Blue!!) Think I can manage. If all goes according to plan, my flight gets in at 9:39am. I can hopefully get right on a Magical Express. Since I won't have to wait for my carry-on underneath, I can go right to check-in and beat everyone there :idea: (I'm a little sneaky :rolleyes1)

After check-in, I'll head to HS. I should hopefully get there around 11am. I'm hoping since the park closes at 7 that night and there's no Fantasmic, it won't be as crowded...so I might have a shot at a TSM fastpass for later. If I don't, no biggie, I can grab a FP for ToT and hop in single rider at RnR. I mean, I wanted to get here early to do TSM, but I've done it before, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I missed it...and I'm prone to migraines if I don't get enough sleep and to be honest, it's not worth risking a migraine, right? I'll survive. What I really want to see here is some more streetmosphere. We watched some while waiting for the Block Party Bash in February (which I can skip this time :scared:) and it cracked me up. I want more! :yay: When I'm tired there, I'll head to Epcot. That's an easy Park Hop too. We spent my Birthday at Epcot and hit all the big rides. So if I miss Soarin', I'll live. Test Track we can hit single rider if we want. But the big thing with Epcot is that my baby brother, my little brother (who YES is now taller than me! :sad2:) can now drink in Epcot! I need to show him the ropes. So we definitely want to spend an evening there.

If I'm up for it, we have 3 evening options:
1) Beaches & Cream and get some ice cream...I've never been here and I'm dying to go!!!
2) JellyRolls...I went in February and loved it. The only thing is that I'm not sure I'll make it. My flight leaves at 7am, which means I have a very early wake up call!! :scared1:
3) Grab a drink at the Coronado lounge. Then I go back and crash while my brother stays behind (Voted most likely to happen by a jury of my peers.)

Day 2: ...yeah yeah, I'm just "starting" to plan... This day is totally earmarked for the Magic Kingdom. I'm convinced!

I really want to hit rope drop. I love the opening ceremony they have! (Otherwise I'd do the smart thing and hit HS this morning and get my ride on TSM!) Spend until lunchtime or so bopping around the MK. Then either head back to the hotel or head over to the Poly to take out one of the Sprites (do they still call them Sprites??) Part of our package includes an extra half hour for water activities, so that might be fun. Or drive over to play Mini Golf, since that's free (I'm all about free! :woohoo:) Then back to the hotel for a rest. Take a nap. I told my brother that on this night the MK had EMH and he didn't know what that meant! :eek: He's a Disney fanatic, so I'm not sure how he let that slide :confused3 So I told him it meant that it's open to resort guests for 3 hours after it actually "closes" so we can be there until 1am. He was like "Magic Kingdom at 1am!" :cool1: And got excited. So that's set in stone. That, is not changing. :snooty:

Day 3: Roll out of bed when we can. Animal Kingdom. Mainly for the Egg rolls at Y&Y! :rotfl: Then my dilemma was that my favorite parade is at the AK. My flight leaves at 6:30. Hmmmm...what to do! Then I realized that on the way back, I could totally carry on my bag! :yay: That means I don't have to get to the airport as early. But it does mean that as soon as that parade is done, we need to hustle! And we need to figure out where the beginning of the parade route is :goodvibes

Soooooo those are the plans. What do you all think?

teruterubouzu
06-11-2009, 10:18 PM
It sounds fun! You have a lot packed into those days, which is exactly how I'd do it.

onelilspark
06-12-2009, 08:46 AM
It sounds fun! You have a lot packed into those days, which is exactly how I'd do it.

I have three days. Sleep is for the weak. :rotfl: (Which I apparently am because I rearranged my days so I could get more!!)

What I really want to do in each Park:

Hollywood Studios:

Streetmosphere
Great Movie Ride (See if I can NOT get the Bank Robber this time! :goodvibes)
Annimation Class

Epcot:

Tasty Beverages
Spaceship Earth in French
Journey Into Imagination

Magic Kingdom:

Rope Drop!
EMH

Animal Kingdom:

Yak & Yeti CS
Jammin Jungle Parade

I think I can accomplish that in three days! Totally doable! :woohoo:

onelilspark
06-12-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm starting to think about dining...

Saturday we'll need 2 meals, lunch and dinner.

Sunday we need 2 or 3...maybe breakfast, but definitely lunch & dinner.

Monday we'll have breakfast and lunch.

Now, I can easily split a meal, but my brother...well, he's a growin' boy. Seriously, he's a bottomless pit. I don't know where he puts it.

The problem is that we have 4 meals total over those 3 days.

At Y&Y we might use 1 CS and 2 snacks.

Saturday will be 2 CS for dinner...somewhere in Epcot.
Sunday will be 4 CS.
So we'll only have 1 CS left. That could be for breakfast on Monday or lunch on Saturday :scratchin

Sooooo we could do a sit down lunch on Saturday. The fixed menu at Chefs de France is a killer deal. Only $20pp. Or do Biergarten at $20pp. Do a late lunch? :scratchin One of my brother's favorite places to eat at Epcot is Biergarten. He likes the girls and the food, he's a happy camper. Plus he can order BEER :drinking1 He's also big into France. He studied abroad there, speaks fluent French too. :teacher: I think we'd be good at either place. I'm tempted to call and see if there's availability at either around 2:30 for lunch and book one, just so we have it!! PLUS...it's a rather full day we're doing, so it might be nice to have a mid-afternoon air conditioning break...:scratchin

So many choices. I need my brother to get back from his road trip. I need his input!

teruterubouzu
06-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Making dining reservations must make it feel like it's coming up soon. Fun!

I just found out last night that I may be going to WDW with my brother this August too. I just need to figure out how to arrange to be away from the office for a couple of days.

onelilspark
06-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Making dining reservations must make it feel like it's coming up soon. Fun!

I just found out last night that I may be going to WDW with my brother this August too. I just need to figure out how to arrange to be away from the office for a couple of days.

:banana::banana::banana:
How fun!

I did go ahead and make a 2:30 at France. I figure I can always cancel or change it if we need to!!

onelilspark
06-15-2009, 10:12 AM
:yay:

Brother's back. He's down with the plans. France is good. We're rockin' and rollin'!

onelilspark
06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I don't really have an update, but I feel like this is neglected. My dining is done, my flights are booked, tee-shirts are made...I'm twidling my thumbs here!!

My parents went up to Epcot for Father's Day...well, pre-Father's Day. My brother got his AP...didn't use the discount card I sent him because he forgot it :headache: Oh well, he still gets the FL resident discount, and I'm not sure he could have combined them anyway. So they did Epcot Saturday and ate at Tepan Edo with other Eagles Fans :yay: Sunday my parents golfed the Magnolia and apprarently their AP's got them a really great discount that made my Dad a happy camper...so they used the money they were planning on spending anyway and bought shirts :lmao: Way to spport the economy!!

That is all...

shebaxric
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
You are just well planned, not neglectful! You can use your PTR as a forum for anything else. We'll keep looking for updates, it doesn't matter if they aren't trip related!:)

Here's the question of the day: since your brother got his AP, have you decided whether or not you'll get another one???

onelilspark
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hmmm...question of the day :laughing:

As much as I want one...it doesn't make sense. Last year I knew I was going in October & February, between the two trips I only needed I think 2 more days to make it worth it. Then I went in August when I got it and December for the day and for my birthday...and now. :rotfl: (I think I have a problem!!!) So it was really worth it. This year I'm pretty much out of vacation days in the fall besides a day or two around the holidays :( Next year I think my boyfriend and I might take a cruise. So I can't really justify the expense like I did last year...which is why I'm going on this trip! Gotta get my value out of it!!!

My brother goes to school in FL, so he'll go over with his friends (jealous? why yes. yes i am! :lmao:) I think my next move might be a 10 day non-expire pass. I can always borrow someone's AP to get free parking ::yes:: I'll probably take a year "off" from Disney and do other stuff. The fun part for me is that since my parents are close if I really start to go through withdrawal again...ahem...I can go for a long weekend and do a tour and dinner. I've always wanted to do Backstage Magic, if I don't have a pass it's a good excuse ;)

Sooooo that's my answer :lmao:

ETA: I love how my idea of taking a year "off" is going for a long weekend and doing a tour...

shebaxric
06-23-2009, 09:07 AM
TAKING A YEAR OFF OF DISNEY???:scared1: I did that last year and I think I became physically sick more because of it.:lmao: But honestly, I think your logic makes sense, the passes are very expensive!

onelilspark
06-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Soooo I'm thinking of going to DisneyLAND next year. I mean, it's not DisneyWORLD...so that's different. Right...right??

teruterubouzu
06-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Disneyland is great! I rather regret buying an AP at WDW because that means I have a harder time justifying a trip out to California.

p.s. My trip with my brother is booked! We're staying at the Dolphin and I can't wait. I've made a couple of reservations using the online site and keep wanting to make more. The planning is so fun!

shebaxric
06-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Disneyland is definitely different. There are some fantastic things there that WDW doesn't have. Growing up in Southern CA we were there at least 3 times a year. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some pointers. Sounds like a blast!

onelilspark
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
It'll be my first trip to Disneyland. I even somehow got a committal from the bf last night that he'll go with me! :yay: So we started looking at some details...I really wanted to stay "onsite" but they don't really have a "moderate" option, so we might go off-site :( BUT I also might be able to get free rooms since I travel for work and if we're planning this far in advance, I can focus on staying in Marriott properties and rack up points :yay:

We're looking at early February or May. Probably May. But as he keeps reminding me...it's months away :lmao:

That's so exciting you're going down in August too! Apparently sibling trips in August for long weekends are what all the cool kids are doing!! When in August?
I booked Chefs right before they came out with online dining, so besides just playing around with it, I don't get to use it :(

onelilspark
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Disneyland is definitely different. There are some fantastic things there that WDW doesn't have. Growing up in Southern CA we were there at least 3 times a year. Let me know if you go and I'll give you some pointers. Sounds like a blast!

Point away! :rotfl:

teruterubouzu
06-24-2009, 10:43 PM
That's so exciting you're going down in August too! Apparently sibling trips in August for long weekends are what all the cool kids are doing!! When in August?

Hooray for convincing the BF to go to Disneyland! That's so great.

You are right about all of the cool kids. LOL. My brother and I will be at WDW for 4 nights starting the 7th of August. It feels like a long ways away right now.

onelilspark
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm going only a week before you and it's just over a month. Which scares me because I think to myself "OMG AUGUST IS ONLY A MONTH AWAY!" And then I giggle.

Good story, no?

onelilspark
06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Oh! Something else to think about...you're at 43 days according to your countdown. You can't cancel now without forfitting some money. Well, if you were staying at a Disney resort and not the Dolphin, which is really close to a Disney resort...

...it sounded better in my head.

onelilspark
06-25-2009, 12:41 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
I went out to my mailbox before my stupid conference call today. This is what greeted me:
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu213/onelilspark/Birthday%20FL%20Trip%2009/101_1019.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Anyone know when I get the package stuff? I thought the ME wouldn't come until about a week before. This is very exciting :yay:

PookieB
06-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Joining in! Yay for your ME! I'm sure that makes it feel more real! :goodvibes Great plans and beautiful pics of all your trips.

onelilspark
06-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Joining in! Yay for your ME! I'm sure that makes it feel more real! :goodvibes Great plans and beautiful pics of all your trips.

Welcome! :flower3: Thanks for the compliment on the pictures. You must be excited! This time next week you'll be there! :cool1:

wonderlanne
06-25-2009, 06:15 PM
found you!!! :goodvibes:

onelilspark
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
found you!!! :goodvibes:

:wave2:

teruterubouzu
06-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Disney mail is so fun! Nice surprise after a boring conference call.

shebaxric
06-26-2009, 08:19 AM
You gotta love Disney mail!!! Whenever I get some, that little gleam in my eye comes out!:goodvibes And, what better excuse to use the fabulous dancing bananas!!:banana::banana::banana:

onelilspark
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Disney mail is so fun! Nice surprise after a boring conference call.

I know right! I was so excited.

You gotta love Disney mail!!! Whenever I get some, that little gleam in my eye comes out!:goodvibes And, what better excuse to use the fabulous dancing bananas!!:banana::banana::banana:

Yes! More! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

...anyone know when I should expect to see the rest of my package?

onelilspark
06-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Ok...so it's Friday. And it's storming. And I have a migraine...I really don't want to work right now...well, actively find new work to do anyway ;) What to do?? How about plan Disney!

I know most of this is already planned, but I thought I'd write it out again, see if anything has changed. To be honest, I have most of my Disneyland trip probably already planned in my head, but it needs to stay locked away until we're booked so that my boyfriend doesn't think I'm totally crazy :rotfl: What can I say? I'm a planner. It's what I do.

Anyway...onto DisneyWORLD, and August. I also need to plan my outfits, and that is going to take a while.

Saturday I get in. My ME stuff already came, so my OCD self can calm down about that. Of course I'll forget where I'll put it until it comes time to use it. Once we get back from visiting his family over the 4th, I think I'm going to put the tag right on my duffel and the info inside it until I pack so I won't misplace it. Or at least when I do misplace it, it won't take me that long to find. ::yes:: Backtrack: I'm a wee bit paranoid about something already...I have a pretty decent sized duffel bag, it's a carry on and what not, but it's a nice size (I love it.) My parents got it for me for Christmas this year to match my luggage set that I got the year before...I'm a weird kid.

My pretty bag:http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Diane-von-Furstenberg-Luggage_EB896925.jpg

What's especially awesome about my bag is that I can stand at the total opposite end of Baggage Claim (away from all the crazy fighting people who stand on top of each other because OMGI'MGOINGTOSAVETWOMINUTESBYBLOCKINGYOUANDGETTING MYBAGRIGHTNOW) and spot it! But the thing is, it can hold a lot. And usually when I travel it's in the wintertime and for work, so I need sweaters, and pants, and 3 different pairs of shoes so I can clean them every night and get all the salt off... But on this trip I need 2 tee shirts, a bathing suit (shoot! I need a new one for NEXT weekend...) two pairs of shorts, ummm, underwear, flip flops...and some make up?? I'm not planning on bringing shampoo/conditioner because the CSR has the non-combined stuff from H20 since they're the convention moderate :woohoo: and I'm bringing scrunching stuff for my hair and not drying it...no point in August in FL! And umm...that's it. I'm going to have next to nothing in that bag. I'm afraid my bag is going to get all squished. On the plus side, I'll have lots of room for souvenirs, right?? :lmao:

Wow...ok, can we say sidetrack? So yeah, I'll get in. Probably do Online-Check-in. If my brother gets there first, he can check in for us. Get our mugs, fill it up with some Diet Coke so I can get some caffeine into my system (flight leaves at 7am, I have a busy day!) And either take the bus over to HS or have my brother drive us over, depending on where he is. First stop will be TSM to check out the FP/line situation. If it's too long we'll hit ToT for FP and then RnR single rider. After that we'll wander. As I mentioned, I really want to watch some streetmosphere here. And do the Animation Class.

We have an ADR at 2:30 at Chefs de France. I don't know if it'll be a good idea to just leave his car at HS or move it to Epcot. It'll probably be easier for leaving if we move it. So leave HS around 1:45 to make it to France in time. Then lunch and A/C! I have no real plans for Epcot. Since I spent my birthday there, I don't really feel the need to do any rides. Of course I'll want to do Figment, but I'll be shocked if there's a huge wait there. If we get on Soarin or Test Track, that'd be great, but I'm not going to be heart broken if we don't.

When Epcot closes we'll probably head back to CSR to grab a drink, then bed.

Up early on Sunday for MK rope drop. I love the MK and can easily ride everything here 20x. :goodvibes When we start to get hot & tired we'll take our mid-day break. Haven't decided on that yet, I think I'll have an option A, B, & C to chose from that day depending on what we feel like and what the weather's like. We definitely need to take a nap. Around 5 we'll probably head back in for EMH. This day is probably the most un-planned, which is weird since it's our longest. But since they don't have the French Toast Loaf anymore on Main Street, I don't feel the need to have a big breakfast. Just do what we feel. I guess that's the nice thing about going so many times :thumbsup2 Knowing my brother, we'll probably start off with the train though. He loves that thing :lmao:

Monday is the day we were originally going to do EMH at HS in the morning. Then I came back down to Earth ;) We'll get a slower start this morning. I'm thinking we might grab breakfast to share at the Pepper Market. Then I'll check my bag with Resort Check-in since JetBlue is a "participating airline" :woohoo: And then when we're ready head to DAK. Our only real goal here today is to eat at Y&Y CS. (Sound familiar :rolleyes1) I've never seen the Flights of Wonder, so maybe do that. And if I'm feeling brave, stay for Jammin Jungle before leaving for the airport.

So that should be my QUICK trip to Disney!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Now I just have to wait a month :sad2:

TeresaNJ
06-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Your plans sound great!!! Oh, you are so making me crave a trip to Disney. Funny how AK is your least favorite park and I love it! Do try to do Flights of Wonder. It's well worth it, and a nice rest from the heat. Even though it's not air conditioned, at least it's covered and there are fans. I'm not a parade person at all, but I think AK has the best parade. We usually grab a seat at the Dawa Bar in Africa, get a tasty beverage, and watch the parade from there.:thumbsup2 The lunch break at Chefs de France sounds like a great plan. What is the $20 lunch menu? Never heard of that.

onelilspark
06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
The $20 lunch menu is their price fix menu. You can pick from their 2 soups, either the french onion or the lobster bisque (both are my favorite soups overall, but the Chefs de France lobster bisque is the best soup in the world!) And then for the entree you can choose from the monte cristo, a quiche or the macaroni gratin. Then you get a dessert, either the creme brulee or the pefiteroles. YUM! All for $20! Great deal. And they have Remy!

And my package information came in the mail today :banana:

TeresaNJ
06-28-2009, 08:02 AM
The $20 lunch menu is their price fix menu. You can pick from their 2 soups, either the french onion or the lobster bisque (both are my favorite soups overall, but the Chefs de France lobster bisque is the best soup in the world!) And then for the entree you can choose from the monte cristo, a quiche or the macaroni gratin. Then you get a dessert, either the creme brulee or the pefiteroles. YUM! All for $20! Great deal. And they have Remy!

And my package information came in the mail today :banana:

That's awesome and a price you can't beat! By the way, I LOVE your luggage! So pretty and bright.

teruterubouzu
06-28-2009, 08:32 AM
That is a cute bag! I'm going to just do a carry on again this trip. It's tough, but I like the freedom of not having to deal with checking in luggage and waiting for it at the baggage carousel. Worst case scenario, I'll do what I did on trips to Europe and Japan and buy a bag there to fill with souvenirs.

onelilspark
06-28-2009, 04:07 PM
That's awesome and a price you can't beat! By the way, I LOVE your luggage! So pretty and bright.

Thanks! As I mentioned, it's great, you can spot it from a mile away!! :goodvibes

The price fix menu at France really seems like a great deal. And even better: if we don't feel like all that food, we don't have to order that much! My parents are now joining us for lunch that day. Just made the change online, really easy :thumbsup2

That is a cute bag! I'm going to just do a carry on again this trip. It's tough, but I like the freedom of not having to deal with checking in luggage and waiting for it at the baggage carousel. Worst case scenario, I'll do what I did on trips to Europe and Japan and buy a bag there to fill with souvenirs.

I'm having ME deal with my bag. Rochester is a smaller airport, so it's easy to check a bag on this end. If I want to check it on the way back I can, if not, I'll carry-on. It'll depend on my timing and the line situation at MCO. I like your solution though :thumbsup2

TeresaNJ
06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Tell me about the online dining planning. How does that work?

onelilspark
06-29-2009, 08:02 AM
I just went to Disney's website and clicked on make a reservation for Chefs de France. I entered my resort reservation number and it pulled it up so I could tie the reservation to my resort. Entered the time, date, and # of people I wanted, it was available, so it was the first option, but it also gave me about 3 or 4 other options. Scrolled to the bottom of people and clicked add to cart. Then clicked check out, just like I was shopping online. So I guess if you're doing more than 1 you can book other places before checking out and getting the confirmation number.

Now, the only thing is, since I had the 2 person one for my brother and I, I then had to go in and enter that confirmation number and pull it up and cancel it. Apparently if I called they could have just modified it. But I think the whole process took me all of 2 minutes, and didn't waste any airtime on my phone :)

TeresaNJ
06-29-2009, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to try it out! Still have a few months to go though.

wonderlanne
06-29-2009, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=onelilspark;32449158][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

that lrolling duffle looks like it may be part of a beautiful DVF line...i love it!

onelilspark
06-29-2009, 08:28 PM
I can't wait to try it out! Still have a few months to go though.

I'm sure it'll be here before you know it!

that lrolling duffle looks like it may be part of a beautiful DVF line...i love it!

it may be :rolleyes1

I also have this piece:
http://www.dianevonfurstenberg.me.uk/images/luggage/dvf-hearts-satchel-view2.jpg

And the large one here (same color as the others, everything matches :flower3: ) and the smallest piece.

http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/4h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im0/81810_1_1?&

teruterubouzu
06-29-2009, 09:35 PM
That whole set is super cute!

onelilspark
06-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks! My parents found it on sale and got it for me for Christmas one year. It was funny, I really just needed the big suitcase (well, they wanted theirs back!!) and then I kept opening the other pieces! I was surprised :)

onelilspark
06-30-2009, 10:31 AM
So last night I had a dream where I forgot to take pictures of all the food I ate. I had a panic attack in my dream and had to go around taking pictures of other people's food.

...I think I have a problem :rotfl:

shebaxric
06-30-2009, 12:41 PM
The horror!:scared1: I know that won't happen IRL to you!

onelilspark
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
The horror!:scared1: I know that won't happen IRL to you!

:rotfl2: Well, if I did forget to take pictures, I'd like to think I'm not crazy enough to go around and take pictures of other people's food!!! :rotfl2:

valeriemouse
07-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Hello fellow New Yorker (but non NYCer :thumbsup2)/migraine sufferer :sad1:/twenty-something! I read all your reviews and found we have so much in common!! Your reviews made me want to go to Disney right now!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until August 20th. I just wanted to drop in and let you know I can't wait until your trip report!! :woohoo:

-Valerie

wonderlanne
07-01-2009, 08:22 PM
http://a1472.g.akamaitech.net/f/1472/124/4h/img.ebags.com/is/image/im0/81810_1_1?&

love it!

TeresaNJ
07-01-2009, 08:48 PM
love it!

I concur!

TeresaNJ
07-01-2009, 08:48 PM
So last night I had a dream where I forgot to take pictures of all the food I ate. I had a panic attack in my dream and had to go around taking pictures of other people's food.

...I think I have a problem :rotfl:

Too funny!:rotfl2:

onelilspark
07-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Hello fellow New Yorker (but non NYCer :thumbsup2)/migraine sufferer :sad1:/twenty-something! I read all your reviews and found we have so much in common!! Your reviews made me want to go to Disney right now!! Unfortunately, I have to wait until August 20th. I just wanted to drop in and let you know I can't wait until your trip report!! :woohoo:

-Valerie

:wave2: Go figure...I can't wait until my trip either! :goodvibes The good news is that I only have a month!! And then you can go and I can live vicariously through your report! :woohoo:

love it!
I concur!

Thanks to both of you!! :flower3:

Too funny!:rotfl2:

I told my boyfriend about it and he goes, "You do have a problem." :sad2:

We're watching Dinner: Impossible! on the Food Network right now. It's the Epcot Disney Dreamers episode and I got excited. He called me a Disney Geek. ::MinnieMo I fail to see how that is a problem either :confused3 Personally, I think it's neat to see the Disney kitchens and their food warehouses, etc. I also liked him running around in the beginning...I knew all the clues :idea:

onelilspark
07-06-2009, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes1

...My boyfriend made the mistake of saying yesterday, "I'd like to do Food and Wine."

...I recounted my vacation days.

...I asked if he wanted to go for his birthday.

...He said "That might be fun."

...We had a 6 hour car ride back from Vermont.

...I knew I had a 40% code at home (if only I didn't throw it away...fear not, I didn't!)

...I had the trip planned by the time we came home.

...Minor changes when we looked things up, but as you can see from my ticker, all things are go. Just need to actually book now.

...Details to follow.

:rolleyes1

onelilspark
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM
...Famous last words!!!

So to follow up on my last post a bit...

My boyfriend and I went to Vermont this past weekend to visit his family. Yesterday before getting in the car we had lunch with them and we were all talking about Epcot's F&W. Well, then he looked at me and said "You know, I'd like to go to Food and Wine Festival." :scratchin I started counting the days I had taken off versus the days I actually had stored up for use. Turns out I have more than I thought...like 5 extra days. Whoops! My bad. So then I says to him...well, how about your birthday? And an idea was formed in my little head and it all went downhill from there! :angel:

Of course he says this to me right before we get in the car...for a 6 hour drive home...you know what that does to an obsessive planner?! :scared: Poor guy listened to Disney talk for about 5 hours straight (hey...I cut him some slack! :rotfl:) The only problem with F&W is that it's right during my busy season. So there's the small problem of work :headache: Fortunately, I knew my schedule right around his birthday. I know I need to be back on Monday for work, so we need to return Sunday, no questions. So my standard Thursday-Sunday trip was born :yay: Our official dates were October 8-11.

...Then I got to thinking (this was during my 1 hour of quiet time... :goodvibes) MNSSHP is during October. I've never been...that would be loads of fun! :idea: We should totally go to MNSSHP. When I presented my brilliant idea, he wasn't too keen. :sad1: I said that was fine. He knew I was bummed, he asked more information...which I didn't have because we were in the middle of the Adirondacks and his IPhone had no service :sad2: so all I said was, I can see the villains and there's a special parade and there's special fireworks and candy. "That's it?" Oh. :sad1: "...Well, if you want too..." :yay: So when we were back in service I looked up price :headache: Drat. BUT! My not-so-Disney-loving boyfriend came up with a brilliant plan...which is really why I keep him around!!

Thursday 10/8 there's a party. We get MNSSHP tickets for this night. Since we get in this day and can get into the MK at 4pm, it should work well and we can do most of the MK this night :banana:

Only get a 2 day park hopper (I know, ridiculous) instead of the 4 day park hopper. It's about $70 difference, so it pays for the MNSSHP tickets. We do AK Friday morning, then hop to Epcot for F&W. HS on Saturday morning (his birthday) and get the Fastpass option again, then hop over to Epcot again to finish up F&W. Sunday we'll be leaving again so we can do a nice breakfast somewhere and DTD.

Then we started talking about resorts. We had settled on staying at CSR again (even though I'm staying in August) because he likes the look of it. Then I had the 40% off code and Pop was half the price. And if you look at our plans...well, we're never going to be in the room. So we decided on Pop. Well, I called and the code I have is for Passholders only. And I'm not renewing my pass :sad: Darnitall being honest :mad: But the room only rates haven't been released for that time. So I booked it at the regular rate and maybe we'll get lucky. It's still a decent rate for the room, so we're not totally upset.

Sooooooooo that's my story. :dance3:

PookieB
07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Congrats on booking your Oct trip! MNSSHP is the best event. :goodvibes We'll be there 10/2 -10/4 . :goodvibes

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-07-2009, 08:10 PM
Hello! I found your PTR from someone else's (can't remember whos right now!) I read your Feb. TR and just finished your PTR. I'm so jealous that you have gone to disney so many times this year!! You are too lucky!! It's cool that your brother is going on a trip with you, you'll have a lot of fun especially since he'll be able to drink now! :rotfl: You're plans all sound good for both trips!! I can't believe you just decided to take another trip! That darn boyfriend of yours! Haha, like you weren't looking for an excuse!! :lmao: Have you ever been to Pop? I'm staying there in August with my boyfriend and I've never been there before. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Oh by the way I love the way you write, it's very personable!!

onelilspark
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Congrats on booking your Oct trip! MNSSHP is the best event. :goodvibes We'll be there 10/2 -10/4 . :goodvibes

I'm so excited for MNSSHP! :cool1:

Last year my friend and I went during that same weekend, it was so empty! (Besides Epcot on Saturday!!) You'll love it! We did so much!

Hello! I found your PTR from someone else's (can't remember whos right now!) I read your Feb. TR and just finished your PTR. I'm so jealous that you have gone to disney so many times this year!! You are too lucky!! It's cool that your brother is going on a trip with you, you'll have a lot of fun especially since he'll be able to drink now! :rotfl: You're plans all sound good for both trips!! I can't believe you just decided to take another trip! That darn boyfriend of yours! Haha, like you weren't looking for an excuse!! :lmao: Have you ever been to Pop? I'm staying there in August with my boyfriend and I've never been there before. Can't wait to hear more about your plans! Oh by the way I love the way you write, it's very personable!!

:wave2: I don't think I'll ever have another year like this one! It's been great :goodvibes I think my boyfriend just learned his lesson though...he knows from now on to keep his mouth shut! :laughing: He'll come around yet!

Thanks for the compliment on my writing...I'll have to brag to my brother, he's the English major in the family!!

I haven't been to Pop before. When my friend and I went down last year for F&W we were going to stay at Pop and then along came the AP rates, so we upgraded to POFQ. It was only $15 more per night than what we were planning, so it was very doable. Plus, it had 2 sinks...and we were 2 girls, so that helped a lot! This time we're pretty set on Pop. Another friend of mine has stayed at Pop before and she likes it. And I've stayed at ASMu before, so I'm interested to see if I prefer the AS or Pop.

I just uploaded some pictures from our Vermont trip! I'll post them in a few minutes :goodvibes

onelilspark
07-08-2009, 10:14 AM
For the 4th of July we headed up to see my boyfriend's family in Vermont. So while I count down the remaining month to Disney, here's some pictures to keep everyone occupied :goodvibes

This is Church Street in Burlington:
http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/2570/2032320130056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Me on Church Street in Burlington:
http://inlinethumb54.webshots.com/45749/2304158590056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

We did the Ben & Jerry's Factory Tour...YUM!!!
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/6188/2915951540056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/44343/2582736720056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

This is why Vermont is called the Green Mountain State...
http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/42540/2096233100056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm very strong...
http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/736/2470066060056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb39.webshots.com/44390/2281722800056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb59.webshots.com/43258/2804128980056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb07.webshots.com/6214/2232575190056183660S600x600Q85.jpg
I took this one from the window of the car...shhhhh

Pretty view coming down the mountain:
http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/40853/2872696790056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Lake Champlain:
http://inlinethumb44.webshots.com/42283/2925141290056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb42.webshots.com/3689/2760730510056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

Our stop on the way home :upsidedow
http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/42004/2250273560056183660S600x600Q85.jpg

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
You're very welcome. I do very much enjoy your writing! haha, yeah those boyfriends, but hey you got another trip because of him!! I'm excited to stay at Pop, it seems like such a fun resort! I love your pics of Vermont, very beautiful. That one on church street looks very familiar. My cousin used to live in Vermont and we visited her when I was younger so perhaps we were there! I'm not sure because like I said I was quite young and I just have some very vague memories. What makes me think I was def. there was seeing the Ben and Jerry pics, I think I was there!! Oh well I'll have to check with my parents!

onelilspark
07-09-2009, 08:27 AM
It was the first time I was in Vermont since I was 3! :lmao: So we did all the touristy things. My boyfriend likes to refer to Church Street as "where hippies are born." :rotfl: It didn't look so bad to me!! I just liked being outside with my milkshake from Ben & Jerrys mmmmmmmm

onelilspark
07-10-2009, 07:33 PM
So his birthday is over a holiday (Columbus Day.) And flights are ridiculously expensive. We decided to move our trip back a week. We can still do MNSSHP and F&W and all our other plans...and save $150 in airfare! :woohoo: Just not be there on his actual birthday. Bummer. But everything considered, we decided it was the best move.

So...new countdown!

onelilspark
07-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Airfare is booked! :banana:

Now I have to call Disney and actually change our reservation...details...details...

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Airfare is booked! :banana:

Now I have to call Disney and actually change our reservation...details...details...

Woohoo!! Oh dear all this work that must be done! :lmao:

teruterubouzu
07-12-2009, 11:47 PM
I haven't been on the Dis for a few days, and what do I see here? You booked another trip! That's awesome! Food & Wine sounds like such fun.

onelilspark
07-13-2009, 07:08 AM
Woohoo!! Oh dear all this work that must be done! :lmao:

:rolleyes1 I should probably get on that...

I haven't been on the Dis for a few days, and what do I see here? You booked another trip! That's awesome! Food & Wine sounds like such fun.

I've been to F&W the past 2 years. I love it, so I'm really excited :yay:

Unfortunately I can't blame this trip on the lure of the AP. Just 'cause I'm obsessed with Disney and my bf showed interest. :rolleyes:

I have to wait until Friday to book our ADRs. We're thinking WCC before the party (which my brother might join us at) so around 2:30-3? And then Kona on the day we leave for a late breakfast. My parents want to come up and join us for that one. The days in between we'll be stuffing our faces at F&W, so I know better than to book ADRs (I might if I had kids who I needed to make sure had good meals, but I don't, so I only need to worry about us :snooty: ) So that's where the planning is on this one.

onelilspark
07-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Totally OT, but this cracks me up...
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-kitten-has-an-army-of-robots.jpg

onelilspark
07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Ahhhhhhh....it's so freaking close. And why is it only Thursday :(

onelilspark
07-17-2009, 07:27 AM
October Trip:
ADRs...Check! :thumbsup2 Made them this morning, 5 minutes off what I wanted at WCC and 20 off what I wanted for Kona...I'll take it! :goodvibes

Switch dates...Check! I called yesterday and switched them finally. I had a very unmagical CM. I realized after I got off the phone with her that I mentioned we booked our flights and she didn't say anything about booking ME :mad: Now I have to call back because I forgot to do that! Oh well, here's hoping for a room only discount to be released :genie:

August Trip:
It's only 2 weeks away (well, practically!) My flight out on that Saturday is at 7am, so I have to be up practically on a Friday anyway ::yes::

So I have my Disney info set out in a place that's in plain view...my candy basket! As long as my chocolate doesn't melt, it's in a good spot :laughing:

In my mind have things mostly packed. 3 pairs of shorts, swim suit, 3 tee shirts...and that includes what I'll wear there! I guess I don't need much. I just can't forget my sunglasses! I have a tendency to do that :rolleyes:

I think on our rest time on Sunday we might play mini golf, but most of the time is just going to be spent at the hotel pool.

Maybe I can get something like this :drinking1
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3596/3405315811_760dcb2b84.jpg?v=0

I really don't have any more to plan for this trip, it just needs to get here. :hyper:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Woohoo!! Only 2 weeks!! It'll get here, I promise!! You're plans, or lack of plans :), sound good. Seems like a good idea to me!!

valeriemouse
07-19-2009, 07:18 AM
2 trips now? :woohoo: Lucky!! So much to look foward to, I'm jealous!

onelilspark
07-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Woohoo!! Only 2 weeks!! It'll get here, I promise!! You're plans, or lack of plans :), sound good. Seems like a good idea to me!!

It feels like forever. My parents are coming next weekend, so I've spent most of today cleaning like a mad woman.

My plans are very loose. Which I think will be good with the heat. I know what parks I want to do when, that's good enough, right? :confused3

2 trips now? :woohoo: Lucky!! So much to look foward to, I'm jealous!

I'm very excited! :banana:

So in case I've failed to mention it, my parents live within an hour of MCO. They also live fairly close to Tampa's airport, but generally fly in and out of MCO. My Mom flies often with work and the other day she was apparently flying home out of Philly. There was a family behind her heading to Disney World and the Dad said to the daughter who was apparently around 12, "What's the one thing you want to do?" And she says, "I want to go to Casey's!" Dad says, "Casey's? What's that?" Daughter says, "For Corn Dog Nuggets!" My Mom apparently burst out laughing and turned around to explain herself..."you sound just like my daughter..." Smart girl :teacher:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-20-2009, 06:57 PM
It feels like forever. My parents are coming next weekend, so I've spent most of today cleaning like a mad woman.

My plans are very loose. Which I think will be good with the heat. I know what parks I want to do when, that's good enough, right? :confused3

I'm very excited! :banana:

So in case I've failed to mention it, my parents live within an hour of MCO. They also live fairly close to Tampa's airport, but generally fly in and out of MCO. My Mom flies often with work and the other day she was apparently flying home out of Philly. There was a family behind her heading to Disney World and the Dad said to the daughter who was apparently around 12, "What's the one thing you want to do?" And she says, "I want to go to Casey's!" Dad says, "Casey's? What's that?" Daughter says, "For Corn Dog Nuggets!" My Mom apparently burst out laughing and turned around to explain herself..."you sound just like my daughter..." Smart girl :teacher:

Haha, well I suppose cleaning will keep you busy!! Haha, that story was great!

onelilspark
07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
All that cleaning might have been for naught :(

My Dad's work might prevent him from coming up this weekend. In his line of work, they get inspected randomly and with his position he has to be there...which means no travel 'til they leave :( Good news is that they won't be there when he goes on the special anniversary cruise with my Mom, but bad news is that he might not be able to come up this weekend. Huge bummer, we'll have to see what happens! The other good news is that they're coming up and joining my brother and I for lunch on Saturday during our trip. Sooo, if I don't see him this weekend, I see him next weekend. Which is kind of cool to say ;) So it could be a lot worse.

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-20-2009, 11:58 PM
All that cleaning might have been for naught :(

My Dad's work might prevent him from coming up this weekend. In his line of work, they get inspected randomly and with his position he has to be there...which means no travel 'til they leave :( Good news is that they won't be there when he goes on the special anniversary cruise with my Mom, but bad news is that he might not be able to come up this weekend. Huge bummer, we'll have to see what happens! The other good news is that they're coming up and joining my brother and I for lunch on Saturday during our trip. Sooo, if I don't see him this weekend, I see him next weekend. Which is kind of cool to say ;) So it could be a lot worse.

Oh I'm sorry!! Well if you look on the brightside, you'll get to see them next weekend, so that's cool and plus now your house is clean!! It's always nice to have a clean house! P.S. I hate cleaning and will do almost anything to get out of it!! :rotfl:

onelilspark
07-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Apparently they're going to take off on Monday and join my brother & I in DAK. That'll be fun. And they're going to take me to the airport. I guess so my brother doesn't have to?

My Mom's not coming up either this weekend. I really don't mind cleaning too much, at least not dusting (Swifter duster is my friend!) and vacuuming. It's scrubbing my kitchen & bathroom that I hate. But yeah, now I have a clean house! They're rescheduling for August, or September...or October :rotfl: we'll figure it out. I can really laugh at them if they come in October...it gets cold up here! They'll be all bundled :cold:

onelilspark
07-21-2009, 09:13 PM
So I'm watching Hercules on the Disney channel...I think Meg is my faovirte "princess." She's so spunky.

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Ooo I love Hercules!! It's one of my favorites. I know, I love Meg, she's so much not a regular princess, she can take care of herself!! Hercules was on our list of Disney movies to watch before our trip!!

onelilspark
07-22-2009, 07:00 AM
I think Hercules also has one of my favorite soundtracks. I was singing along and my boyfriend was rolling his eyes :rotfl:

So planning update/changes...since my parent's are not coming up this weekend, they're taking the 3rd off to spend with us at the park. So now they're spending Saturday and Monday with us. Kind of ridiculous to not also come Sunday unless they have something going on at home. I'm going to see if I can talk my Mom into staying the weekend with my brother and I today. We have the 2 beds, might as well. I checked with the good people of the DIS last night and I can in fact add them to the reservation when I get to CSR and just not add them to the dining plan. If I were to call now and add them to the dining plan too, it would cost me a rebooking fee, and I don't want that :( Plus my parents are the kind of parents that would never hear of me paying for something like that for them. Honestly, I'm gonna have to keep it on the dl that I'll be paying to get them extra tickets (so they can head back to the room when they get tired and my brother and I can stay at EMH!

shebaxric
07-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Wow!!! I'm gone for a little while and when I come back, there is not one, but TWO trips!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: (I had to add the bananas, sorry.) I think your DBF is a keeper!!:goodvibes Everything sounds like it has easily fallen into place, don't you just love it when that happens? Hopefully, you can talk your parents into staying. It would be just like your last trip, except the whole family is together again!:woohoo:

onelilspark
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Wow!!! I'm gone for a little while and when I come back, there is not one, but TWO trips!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: (I had to add the bananas, sorry.) I think your DBF is a keeper!!:goodvibes Everything sounds like it has easily fallen into place, don't you just love it when that happens? Hopefully, you can talk your parents into staying. It would be just like your last trip, except the whole family is together again!:woohoo:

Yeah, I think I'll hang onto him :goodvibes

My Mom told me this morning that on Sunday she's planning on doing laundry and "your Dad will want to play golf." :rolleyes: Ok, granted my Dad probably will play golf, but I think he'd also come up to Disney if given the chance. Personally, I think she knows it costs the little extra per night to add an adult to the room and she probably doesn't want me spending the money. They've always been against me spending money on them...or really just spending my own money. I go up to buy a water in the park? Next thing my Dad is next to me in line handing me $5. "Really Dad, it's okay, I can buy it." "No, no, we've got it." :sad2: So if they can't handle a $2.50 bottle of water, I can understand her being stubborn on the room! But even so, I can afford the extra $60 for the two nights so they don't have to come back and forth. She's gonna give me a call after her meeting today, so hopefully I can make her see that it's worth staying. I know if I talked to my Dad about them staying he would know nothing about the extra per person fee, so I could talk him into it :lmao: But then my Mom would fill him in and they'd insist on paying for the whole trip... And I don't want that to happen, so I'll stick with trying to persuade my Mom :headache: Really...I don't know where I get my stubbornness from :rolleyes1

onelilspark
07-22-2009, 04:49 PM
My Mom is sticking with her story that they'd rather golf (no laundry this time) than spend the day in the MK. A bunch of baloney I tell you. (Or balogna...I'm not sure what spelling is right here...whatever...)

So I did the online check-in :banana: It's pretty simple to use on this end. I hope it stays simple on the other end.

I checked touringplans for my dates and the 1st is a 6, the other 2 days are an 8. Only on the first day am I even following what it says are the "proper" parks to go to :rotfl: Says HS is the best park, Epcot isn't listed...check. On the 2nd MK is listed as a park to avoid and on the 3rd, DAK is listed as a park to avoid :lmao: I'm doing real well!!!

Oh well, the beauty of going so many times is that I don't freak out when it's real crowded and I don't get to everything ::yes::

shebaxric
07-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Your parents sound vaguely familiar. . . .:laughing:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Hahaha, I ALWAYS sing during the movies!! my bf thinks I'm nuts too but hey they'll just have to deal with it! Hercules is one of my favorite soundtracks too, probably why I like the movie so much! That's great that you'll be able to see your parents!! Sorry your mom won't budge, oh parents, they spend so much on you growing up and if you try to spend even on little on them they think it's the end of the world!!

onelilspark
07-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Your parents sound vaguely familiar. . . .:laughing:

Hahaha, I ALWAYS sing during the movies!! my bf thinks I'm nuts too but hey they'll just have to deal with it! Hercules is one of my favorite soundtracks too, probably why I like the movie so much! That's great that you'll be able to see your parents!! Sorry your mom won't budge, oh parents, they spend so much on you growing up and if you try to spend even on little on them they think it's the end of the world!!

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one with parents like this!! I mean honestly, I'd rather have parents like this than the other way around...but I always feel a little spoiled & bratty when I say, "but Daddy won't let me pay!" :rotfl:

onelilspark
07-22-2009, 08:39 PM
On a totally different note...I think I've now been to F&W too many times...

I'm looking over the offerings at the kiosks (found here (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/events/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/marketplace/)) and noticing some changes...such as...
a) It's now maple "candy" instead of creme brulee in Canada :(
b) They've changed the spatzle in Germany. Last year it had icky mushrooms on it, this year it's "gratin" with ham & cheese :yay:
c) San Fran is completely gone (along with my favorite dish from last year, the grilled beef tenderloin with cheese polenta...BUT another country has it with sweet potatoes...hmmm)

shebaxric
07-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Whenever my dad goes to pay for something and I object, he says, "Don't worry, you'll pay for it later.":lmao: Speaking of parents, I'm trying to get my dad to take a vacation and go with us in November. My mom and him recently divorced after almost 40 years together.:confused3 He needs the break and I know that he would love WDW as he loved Disneyland every time we went.:goodvibes

I'm going to try very hard to get DH to go during F&W next year! I think if they have the beer seminars/discussions every year, I'm good to go!:rotfl2:

onelilspark
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I just kept constantly comparing every food experience we had to F&W! It finally wore him down. That and his dad started talking about the food at Epcot...that helped too.

We're little piggies. We like our food. We like our wine. He likes beer, me? Not so much.

Though I'm gonna call and get in on one of the Tequila Tastings and drop him off at the beer walk about! I think that'll work out well for both of us ::yes::

onelilspark
07-25-2009, 11:13 AM
I just booked the Disney Visa promotion for free dining for our trip in October. We're staying at Pop so it's quick service (makes more sense for us anyway.)

But that's a LOT of food...

6 CS and 6 snacks each...when we're doing F&W for all of Friday and Saturday!! And we have WCC and Kona booked. We might cancel WCC...but I kind of want to try it. Hmmm...decisions.

onelilspark
07-26-2009, 07:36 AM
So we decided on this: our flight gets in at 945. We'll be up since ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

So by the time we get to Pop & checked-in, we'll probably be starving and not want to wait until 230 for lunch. (I mean, I'm even planning on waiting until 230 this weekend, I'm grabbing a snack when I get in!) So we've decided that we're going to cancel WCC and eat free food ::yes::

shebaxric
07-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Okay, I'd be climbing up the wall at work if I only had 5 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!! You are so close you can taste the Tonga Toast!:cool1:

onelilspark
07-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Honestly? I think I'm driving my boyfriend nuts :rotfl:

I really can't wait!!

onelilspark
07-28-2009, 07:29 AM
4 days!!!

I started packing last night. I did the laundry and when I started pulling some things out I thought, "well, I shouldn't wear this the rest of the week" and tossed it in my duffel.

I also touched base with my brother about things. We're good to go!!

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-28-2009, 05:24 PM
4 days!!!

I started packing last night. I did the laundry and when I started pulling some things out I thought, "well, I shouldn't wear this the rest of the week" and tossed it in my duffel.

I also touched base with my brother about things. We're good to go!!

Woohoo!!!!! :woohoo: Only 4 days!! Enjoy your packing!!

onelilspark
07-28-2009, 08:53 PM
I went to the store today...I was there to get some stuff for dinner and realized I didn't have any Earplanes :eek:

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/files/earplanes.jpg

I have a terrible time flying. Not because I'm scared but because my ears have a terrible timing adjusting to the pressure. I had such a bad time in February that I couldn't hear for my entire trip to WDW! Not good...so I went to the doctor and she told me to use the Earplanes. They help, but it's still not great. I've seriously been in tears on the decent because I've been in so much pain. But ughhhhh to fly without them? Simply terrible :( So I take my sinus medicine, have my chewing gum ready, & put in my earplanes, hoping I'll be able to hear when I land! :rotfl: I'm a mess really.

But I got them at the store today when I realized I didn't have them...so phew! That was close.

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-28-2009, 11:18 PM
I went to the store today...I was there to get some stuff for dinner and realized I didn't have any Earplanes :eek:

http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/files/earplanes.jpg

I have a terrible time flying. Not because I'm scared but because my ears have a terrible timing adjusting to the pressure. I had such a bad time in February that I couldn't hear for my entire trip to WDW! Not good...so I went to the doctor and she told me to use the Earplanes. They help, but it's still not great. I've seriously been in tears on the decent because I've been in so much pain. But ughhhhh to fly without them? Simply terrible :( So I take my sinus medicine, have my chewing gum ready, & put in my earplanes, hoping I'll be able to hear when I land! :rotfl: I'm a mess really.

But I got them at the store today when I realized I didn't have them...so phew! That was close.

Phew that was a close one! I bring these with me because one time I had a terrible head cold and was all stuffed up and I had such pain that I started crying! Probably the same for you! Thankfully it's never happened again but I still bring them and my gum just in case. I hope they work for you this time.

onelilspark
07-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Phew that was a close one! I bring these with me because one time I had a terrible head cold and was all stuffed up and I had such pain that I started crying! Probably the same for you! Thankfully it's never happened again but I still bring them and my gum just in case. I hope they work for you this time.

Ugh, I feel your pain. I hate flying with colds!! That's insufferable to me. I can barely cope.

A trick my Mom taught me is to always take sinus medicine before getting on the plane. If your sinuses are clear, your ears have an easier time clearing. I still have a hard time, but if I forget to take it :headache:

shebaxric
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
I honestly feel horrible for people that have problems when they fly! I'm glad you were able to get the earplanes and I hope that it helps!!:goodvibes

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Ugh, I feel your pain. I hate flying with colds!! That's insufferable to me. I can barely cope.

A trick my Mom taught me is to always take sinus medicine before getting on the plane. If your sinuses are clear, your ears have an easier time clearing. I still have a hard time, but if I forget to take it :headache:

That is a good idea. Thankfully it's never happened again but if I have even a little sniffle I take something because I cannot endure that pain again!! If my allergies are acting up (and they are so much of the time!) then I take stuff too. Should probably put some sinus meds on my packing list just in case!! Don't you forget this time, no pain on a Disney trip!! ;)

onelilspark
07-30-2009, 07:31 AM
I honestly feel horrible for people that have problems when they fly! I'm glad you were able to get the earplanes and I hope that it helps!!:goodvibes

I've been feeling pretty good this week, no sniffles, so I hope I'm good to go :thumbsup2

That is a good idea. Thankfully it's never happened again but if I have even a little sniffle I take something because I cannot endure that pain again!! If my allergies are acting up (and they are so much of the time!) then I take stuff too. Should probably put some sinus meds on my packing list just in case!! Don't you forget this time, no pain on a Disney trip!! ;)

I already got the earplanes in my bag (my purse, not the bag I'm checking!) I'm good to go! :yay:

And can someone tell me why there's 31 days in July and not just 30?? It's agonizing!! :rotfl:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-30-2009, 11:02 PM
I've been feeling pretty good this week, no sniffles, so I hope I'm good to go :thumbsup2

I already got the earplanes in my bag (my purse, not the bag I'm checking!) I'm good to go! :yay:

And can someone tell me why there's 31 days in July and not just 30?? It's agonizing!! :rotfl:

Very glad there's no stuffiness going on here!! Haha ya know that would be something I would do, put my earplanes in my checked luggage!! I haven't quite figured out your question there but I'll let you know when I do. The best I can come up with is July has 31 days because you're going to Disney in 2 days!?

onelilspark
07-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Very glad there's no stuffiness going on here!! Haha ya know that would be something I would do, put my earplanes in my checked luggage!! I haven't quite figured out your question there but I'll let you know when I do. The best I can come up with is July has 31 days because you're going to Disney in 2 days!?

Haha, I guess so.

But I'd like to just make an announcement...

*ahem*

This time tomorrow I'll be on a plane bound for Orlando!!! :banana::banana:

...that is all.

I have things mostly packed. I've decided that I'm not bringing a hair dryer or anything really for my hair. It's a lost cause. I have a claw clip, so I'll get out of the shower in the morning, brush it, put some curl gel in it (to keep it from getting too frizzy) and then just clip it up. That way it'll stay off the back of my neck too...and I'll be ready a whole lot faster!! I have my ears ready to go too, but I'm not sure yet if I really want to wear them this trip. I'm afraid it's going to be too hot. We'll have to play it by ear :lmao:

I need to stop by the library today and get some reading material for the trip. I started reading Harry Potter (I know, I'm a little slow on the uptake) and I just finished book #3 yesterday. I need to get #4. Should fit easily enough in my purse. And then an early bed time tonight! I should be all set to go!! I don't think I've forgotten anything!! :banana::banana:

shebaxric
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM
Have a wonderful time!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
07-31-2009, 04:46 PM
Woohoo!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: Have fun!!!

onelilspark
07-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Have a wonderful time!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Woohoo!!!! :woohoo::woohoo: Have fun!!!

Thanks!!

After the day I had today...ughhh :headache:

I kept saying to myself, "tomorrow I will be in Disney...tomorrow I will be in Disney.." :rotfl: :wizard:

valeriemouse
07-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Woo! :woohoo:It's here!! Have fun! :cheer2::cheer2:

teruterubouzu
08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
I've been away from the Dis for a few days (err, maybe weeks) and didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I hope you are having a great trip!

onelilspark
08-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Woo! :woohoo:It's here!! Have fun! :cheer2::cheer2:

I've been away from the Dis for a few days (err, maybe weeks) and didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I hope you are having a great trip!

Thanks! I'm back, too short (as always!) Uploading some pictures...my upload speed is terribly slow, so hopefully I'll start a dining report (I'll do that one first) sometime today!

onelilspark
08-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Dining Report has been started! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33012655#post33012655

DisneyFaeriePrincess
08-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome back, I can't wait to hear all about your trip!! I'm heading over to your dinning report right now!!

onelilspark
08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
So tomorrow is the day you can start calling for F&W. I was originally planning on doing the tequilla tasting, but I've been having second thoughts. I mean, if my boyfriend isn't doing it with me, it won't be as much fun. And if I get a migraine that day, that's $40 down the drain.

...Hmmm, think I'll sleep on it ;) Plus I have a lot to do tomorrow, I can't really afford to sit on hold with Disney for 2 hours...

onelilspark
08-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I decided not to go for the Tequilla Tasting.

AND...last night we bought our Halloween Tickets :banana:

DisneyFaeriePrincess
08-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Yay for buying your tickets!! :banana:

onelilspark
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes1 Soooo, how's it goin???

I've been kind of neglecting this, haven't I?? :guilty: sorry

Wanna know what we're planning??? You do?! :banana: Well alright then! :rotfl:

Thursday:
Flight gets in around 9:45ish, same flight I was on in August. Figured we'd be hungry by the time we get checked in and what not, so lunch, laze around the hotel/mini golf/hopefully our room is ready and we can catch a quick nap!
At 4pm, we'll head out for MNSSHP! pirate: I'm so excited for it. I don't even know why I'm so excited! But I am... I don't know yet if my brother is joining us or not. He might. I told him, he's interested, but I can't get a committment. I'm not surprised :rolleyes:

Friday:
Breakfast at AKL (I'm hoping to get some Zebra domes...don't judge me.)
Then over to AK. Hopefully we'll hit AK by 10. No rush today.
When we're done with AK, we'll head over to Epcot for F&W! :woohoo: There's really nothing planned for this day, it's all real loosey goosey. Maybe stay for Illuminations.

Saturday:
Morning EMH at HS. (Yep...he agreed to get up in time to be at the parks by 8am :scared1: ...frankly, I'm shocked.) So the plan is to hit TSM first, then RnR, ToT, & Star Tours. Then perhaps puke :laughing: kidding. Maybe :confused3 Then we'll see if we feel like doing any shows. I want to try to hit the animation academy too. Last October when I was there with my friend we did morning EMH at HS and were done with everything we wanted to do (and then some) by 11am. It'd be awesome if we did that this time too! I'm expecting Epcot to be crazy busy because it's a Saturday and locals will be out at F&W. So we have a seminar already pre-booked for 5:30 that day, if we've had enough of the crowds, we might hop over to the MK. The MK is open until 11 that night. So it's just something to keep in mind. I know my boyfriend, and if it gets crazy busy, he's not a happy camper. So I think we'll do better around lunch hours than we will the later it gets. We'll see how it goes.

Sunday:
No parks today! Breakfast with my parents and possibly my brother (sensing a pattern?) and bopping around DTD until our flight leaves.

I'm trying not to overplan for my boyfriend. But I have some things on the "short" list....
He's never been to Animal Kingdom, so we definitely have to do that. Just you know...as a whole. Everest, maybe the Safari. FOTLK and Nemo. ...the usual!
He's also agreed to do any Disney coaster, but he's not sure about ToT! So hopefully we'll hit that with a short line during EMH so that he won't back out (or he'll send me through the line and he doesn't have to wait too long!) He wants to do RnR...I'm shocked. I demand to know who replaced my boyfriend :laughing: (For those of you who don't know, he calls any roller coaster a "death machine.")
We both want to do TSM, he wants to do Star Tours, and I want to do the animation thingie. So we have a lot to check off at HS. Not too much though, I think it's totally manageable in the morning.
We also want to do Hall of Presidents...just once though ;) And I want to see the villains show at MNSSHP.
Oh, and of course...EAT!

So all in all, I don't think the list is ridiculous. :thumbsup2

teruterubouzu
09-03-2009, 08:09 PM
It sounds like so much fun!

DisneyFaeriePrincess
09-03-2009, 08:31 PM
See what happens when they go to Disney! These boyfriends get all brave and stuff! He sounds just like my boyfriend, going on rollercoasters and all! Oh by the way, plans sound wonderful!

that's nice
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
You might be the queen of 3 day disney trips! If I ever do a 3 day trip I am contacting you and you can set me up with a touring plan!!! LOL:goodvibes

Plans look great!... Which day are you doing MNSSHP?

onelilspark
09-03-2009, 09:51 PM
It sounds like so much fun!

I'm super excited :banana: We started going through Disney characters...specifically which Princess belongs to which movie and which Prince. He's suitably informed :teacher:

See what happens when they go to Disney! These boyfriends get all brave and stuff! He sounds just like my boyfriend, going on rollercoasters and all! Oh by the way, plans sound wonderful!

I hope he doesn't chicken out when we're there :goodvibes I don't think so. I think I can get him on ToT too.

You might be the queen of 3 day disney trips! If I ever do a 3 day trip I am contacting you and you can set me up with a touring plan!!! LOL:goodvibes

Plans look great!... Which day are you doing MNSSHP?

Haha, I do a lot of weekend trips places. I love long weekends to travel and see friends, so doing Disney on a long weekend isn't much of a stretch. And of course...if you go this winter :rolleyes1 And we're doing MNSSHP on Thursday, Oct 15. It's our arrival day, but once we get in, we're not doing a lot, so I think we'll be alright. I'm hoping the room will be ready so we can get in and take a quick nap too! But we'll see!

And just because I'm totally addicted to these things now and need to share my awesome find with cool peeps :thumbsup2 I thought I'd make a quick interruption! So I found these things in Wegmans, but they're all over apparently. They're called popchips! And I'm totally in love. They're like potato chips, but healthier. I mean, no guilt snacking, how awesome! And the cheddar ones are like cheese curls in flavor and crunch, but don't leave your fingers orange-y. I'm in love. :rotfl: http://www.popchips.com/

that's nice
09-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Haha, I do a lot of weekend trips places. I love long weekends to travel and see friends, so doing Disney on a long weekend isn't much of a stretch. And of course...if you go this winter :rolleyes1 And we're doing MNSSHP on Thursday, Oct 15. It's our arrival day, but once we get in, we're not doing a lot, so I think we'll be alright. I'm hoping the room will be ready so we can get in and take a quick nap too! But we'll see!

We are going to miss each other by 1 week!!!!

And just because I'm totally addicted to these things now and need to share my awesome find with cool peeps :thumbsup2 I thought I'd make a quick interruption! So I found these things in Wegmans, but they're all over apparently. They're called popchips! And I'm totally in love. They're like potato chips, but healthier. I mean, no guilt snacking, how awesome! And the cheddar ones are like cheese curls in flavor and crunch, but don't leave your fingers orange-y. I'm in love. :rotfl: http://www.popchips.com/

IS this a public service announcement???? LOLOL:lmao:

onelilspark
09-03-2009, 10:08 PM
We were originally going over Columbus Day, from the 8-11, but the airfare from Rochester was just ridiculous, so we switched to a week later. How funny would that have been!

And yes, it's a public service announcement. I feel it's my duty to pass such delciousness along!

onelilspark
09-12-2009, 08:37 PM
MICKEY MAIL!!! :banana:

Who's excited and has two thumbs? This girl!! (Though ME tags didn't come...I'm giving Disney another week before a phone call...)

onelilspark
09-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Sooo, change of plans. No EMH. The recommended park by Touring Plans for Friday is HS and for Saturday is AK. Think we'll do better if we switch the mornings. So we are. Rope Drop at HS though!!!

wdwgirl03
09-18-2009, 06:07 PM
OK, how did I not know you had a PTR?! Time to catch up!

onelilspark
09-18-2009, 09:37 PM
It's not a very exciting PTR :laughing: The trip in October was really planned on a 6 hour car ride, by the time I got back, things were pretty much done. Now I've just been playing with the details.

Next time I post I'll have an update on the trip though, including a rather exciting (ok, not that exciting, but I find it exciting) announcement! ...I know, I'm mean ::yes::

onelilspark
09-19-2009, 02:09 PM
My big exciting announcement??

My boyfriend has an iPhone, we downloaded a Twitter app...so I'll be posting live! updates in October! :woohoo:

I waited because we weren't sure if we could set it up for my account or if it'd have to be his account...but it's my account, so all is good!

You can follow me here (http://twitter.com/kat228)! (As it gets closer, I'll add the link to my sig, you don't need to have a Twitter account to follow!)

shebaxric
09-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds exciting!

that's nice
09-22-2009, 12:26 AM
I've been trying to avoid the whole twitter thing. But I think I might have to follow when I'm having WDW withdrawals the week after we get back! LOL:goodvibes

wdwgirl03
09-22-2009, 08:03 AM
My big exciting announcement??

My boyfriend has an iPhone, we downloaded a Twitter app...so I'll be posting live! updates in October! :woohoo:

I waited because we weren't sure if we could set it up for my account or if it'd have to be his account...but it's my account, so all is good!

You can follow me here (http://twitter.com/kat228)! (As it gets closer, I'll add the link to my sig, you don't need to have a Twitter account to follow!)

Just added you on twitter! (I'm mugirl0307)

onelilspark
09-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Sounds exciting!

Well, I'm excited anyway! And I'd like to point out to everyone that you've started a PTR! So go check it out!

I've been trying to avoid the whole twitter thing. But I think I might have to follow when I'm having WDW withdrawals the week after we get back! LOL:goodvibes

Haha, my boyfriend has an account just to follow geeky news (like Apple stuff, a few gaming things, etc.) His Mom joined and told him he doesn't tweet enough :rotfl: I do it more often, but I follow a lot of Disney stuff, plus local news. I find it very useful, more so than I thought it would be!

Just added you on twitter! (I'm mugirl0307)

:yay: I'll probably post a lot of the food we try :goodvibes

shebaxric
09-22-2009, 09:07 AM
Thank you very much for the shameless plug!!:hug:

onelilspark
09-22-2009, 12:38 PM
The other night we sat down with all the F&W Kiosk selections and went through what we wanted to try...this is our current list. There are 39 items, + ice cream + the beer walk + the tequila bar + the Champagne demo + any adult beverages... We have 12 snacks. :rotfl: Hmmm...anyone care to donate :rolleyes1

I'm anxious to see pictures from this weekend so we might be able to narrow this list down!

Athens, Greece Location: Canada Pavilion

• Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki
• Baklava

Bangkok, Thailand - Location: Africa Outpost

• Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp

Buenos Aires, Argentina Location: Mexico Pavilion

• Beef Empanada with Tomato Salsa
• Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Pureι

Cape Town, South Africa Location: Africa Outpost

• Mealie Soup with Crabmeat and Chili Oil
• Seared Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Purιe, Mango Barbecue Sauce

Cork, Ireland Location: United Kingdom Pavilion

• Lobster & Scallop Fisherman's Pie
• Kerrygold Cheese Selection: Aged-Irish Cheddar, Dubliner and Ivernia Cheese with Apple Chutney and Brown Bread
• Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Bailey's Ganache

Krakσw, Poland Location: Norway Pavilion

• Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream

Marrakesh, Morocco Location: Morocco Pavilion

• Kefta (Ground seasoned beef in a pita pocket)
• Falafel Pita Pocket
• Baklava

Melbourne, Australia Location: Africa Outpost

• Grilled Lamb Chop, Red Wine Sauce, Murray River Sea Salt
• Lamington

Mexico City, Mexico Location: Mexico Pavilion

• Taco de Cochinita Pibil (Corn Tortilla filled with Shredded Pork and Purple Onions)
• Mousse de Piρa y Coco
• Chilaquiles (Baked Tortillas Layered with Chicken and Cheese)

Montreal, Canada Location: Canada Pavilion

• Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup
• Maple Glazed Salmon with Lentil Salad
• Maple Sugar Candy

Munich, Germany Location: Germany Pavilion

• Spδetzle Gratin with Ham and Cheese
• Nuernberger Sausage on a Pretzel Roll
• Apple Strudel with Vanilla Sauce

Paris, France Location: France Pavilion

• Escargot Persillade en Brioche
• Cabernet Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes

San Juan, Puerto Rico Location: Showcase Plaza

• Guava Cookie (Panatela Masa Real )

Santiago, Chile Location: Showcase Plaza

• Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Cookie)

Tokyo, Japan Location: Japan Pavilion

• Sukiyaki Beef Roll
• Tuna Sensation

Vienna, Austria Location: Germany Pavilion

• Sachertorte

Wellington, New Zealand Location: United Kingdom Pavilion

• Seared Sea Scallop with Vegetable Slaw, Lemon Oil
• Lamb Slider with Tomato Chutney

Desserts & Champagne Location: Showcase Plaza

• Strawberry Shortcake
• Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis

Flavorhood — Hosted by Edy's Ice Cream Location: The Rose Walk near Imagination Walkway

A great way to celebrate the day with your family, neighbors and new friends. Pay a visit to the Rose Walk where you can purchase ice cream from the "Flavorhood". Test your "flavorology" and learn your ice cream personality among other fun activities.

The Mouse Catch Location: Showcase Plaza

• Dorothea Dutch Cheese
• Piave — Italian Cheese
• Mahon — Spanish Cheese

Walk-Abouts: Beer Hop Location: American Adventure

Celebrate the fine art of beer making when you purchase a Passport and sip amazing ales, lagers and craft beers from the best domestic and international brewers.

shebaxric
09-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Um, YUMMY!!! And those were the ones you narrowed down?:confused3 I have a feeling it would overwhelm my brain and my tummy to go to F&W. . . I hope you have a wonderful time and you come back with a full report!

onelilspark
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
:lmao: Yeah...we even elminated full countries!

And then I found this yesterday: http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/09/epcot_international_food_wine_1.html

...drool.

shebaxric
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
The Dessert and Champagne Booth alone would be worth it for me!!:rotfl: That Warm Chocolate Lava Cake from Cork, Ireland looks yummy! I'm easily influenced by chocolate, though.

onelilspark
09-23-2009, 05:33 PM
So if you decided to go down during F&W, you're saying we can find you just sitting in front of the Champagne booth? ;)

And guess what?!

We're going to see a traveling Cirque tonight! We have tickets to see Alegria :yay: I'm excited!

that's nice
09-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I checked out the thread you posted with the pictures of the food. Wow.. I can say I'd eat everything on there! You might be hopping to Epcot everyday just to eat! Looks great!

Now I wish we planned an Epcot day.:sad2:

onelilspark
09-24-2009, 09:45 AM
So that's nice asked me how Cirque was last night...and I posted on his PTR, I'm copying and pasting, hope no one minds!

I really enjoyed it. It was my boyfriend's first time seeing a Cirque show, so he was really excited about it. Totally worth it. We got the cheap seats, so we were pretty far up, but we were in the center of the arena. He was a little bummed when we got to our seats, but I kept telling him that it would be better to be in the center and up rather than off to the side. Sure enough, I was right! (Not that he'd admit it! :laughing: ) A lot of similarities to La Nouba, but things that were different too. They had these guys on balance beams that were being held by other people...awesome. Alegria was much more of a Circus show where as La Nouba is a little more fluid. Alegria I think was a little slower, more paced, not as frantic as La Nouba. It was neat to see a different show, I really enjoyed it!

...and I just noticed that I began and ended with "I really enjoyed it." :rotfl: Well, I guess that sums it up!

DisneyFaeriePrincess
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Oooo yummy food! Ooo I want to see other Cirque shows but we just didn't have the time! Glad you liked it though!!

shebaxric
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
So if you decided to go down during F&W, you're saying we can find you just sitting in front of the Champagne booth? ;)

And guess what?!

We're going to see a traveling Cirque tonight! We have tickets to see Alegria :yay: I'm excited!

I cannot deny the fact that I would be spending some time there. . . . who doesn't like a little chocolate with their champagne??:laughing:

I'm glad you were able to get DBF to go to the Cirque show with you. That's something DH will not do.:sad2: I've wanted to see La Nouba for several years now, and I cannot convince him. Someday.

TeresaNJ
09-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello, hello, hello!:wave2: My goodness, I've been away so long that I have a lot of catching up to do.:flower3: I think our trips might be overlapping by a few days. My brother and sister in law had a trip planned with two other family members who backed out at the last minute, so they invited us to go with them in the deserters' place! How cool is that?

onelilspark
09-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Oooo yummy food! Ooo I want to see other Cirque shows but we just didn't have the time! Glad you liked it though!!

I'm really glad we had the opportunity to see one that wasn't the Disney show!

I cannot deny the fact that I would be spending some time there. . . . who doesn't like a little chocolate with their champagne??:laughing:

I'm glad you were able to get DBF to go to the Cirque show with you. That's something DH will not do.:sad2: I've wanted to see La Nouba for several years now, and I cannot convince him. Someday.

The cheap seats (you know, up in the nose bleeds) were much cheaper than La Nouba, so that helped. And he wanted to see a Cirque anyway. I left it up to him, so it was all "his idea..."

Hello, hello, hello!:wave2: My goodness, I've been away so long that I have a lot of catching up to do.:flower3: I think our trips might be overlapping by a few days. My brother and sister in law had a trip planned with two other family members who backed out at the last minute, so they invited us to go with them in the deserters' place! How cool is that?

How exciting! Will you be partaking in any gluttony on the 16th or 17th?

Also, a bit of a personal note: I've been fairly open about my migraines and such. I've been taking Topamax as a preventative for them. Recently they came out with a generic form and I switched to that. It's pretty much wreaked havic for me. My migraines have started more frequently, so where I was down to 1/week, now I'm back up to about one every three days (I was at one every other day.) Topamax is also nicknamed "Dopamax" because it makes you kind of dopey. I walked into Staples this morning and forgot why I was there...I had the paper I was copying in my hand :sad2: The thing is, I've never had any of these side effects on the brand name stuff :sad1: The brand name stuff is about $100 for a 3 month supply, the generic is $15...grrrr... I've also been more iritable and I've had nasty nightmares since switching. So really, if I've said anything dumb or mean over the past few weeks, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to and I might not remember saying it :laughing: I'm switching back to the name brand stuff (I called my doctor today) but not until I get it in the mail...

I don't really know why I'm writing this out. But whatever. I'm frustrated beyond belief. With work I'll go to do something, get dristracted half way through and then forget. It's really bad. And my poor boyfriend, it's like I have PMS 24/7. That and we'll be having a conversation and I'll forget what we're talking about in the middle of it! :upsidedow Good thing he's patient! And with work again, I just switched districts, so I have a new boss. My old boss knew my whole trials and tribulations with migraines, new one doesn't. So I have to chose whether to bring him up to speed or just pretend like everything is fine until I get my new/old meds :headache:

In Disney news: I got the Magical Express stuff on Saturday! :banana:

that's nice
09-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I hope the change back helps. My DW takes Prilosec for her heartburn. She tried switching to the generic and was miserable.:sad2:

My mom used to have horrible migraines for years. It was found out that her jaw was out of alignment (or something like that) and she ended up getting braces and a retainer. She rarely gets them now. (Just a little FYI;))

shebaxric
09-29-2009, 08:32 AM
I've known several people that have had bad reactions to generic migrane medicine (I used to be a pharmacy tech). I hope it makes you feel a little bit better than you aren't alone.:hug: Considering you'll be back in WDW in less than a month, I hope that mail order comes very soon.

Hurray for Magical Express!!

onelilspark
09-30-2009, 04:04 PM
I hope the change back helps. My DW takes Prilosec for her heartburn. She tried switching to the generic and was miserable.:sad2:

My mom used to have horrible migraines for years. It was found out that her jaw was out of alignment (or something like that) and she ended up getting braces and a retainer. She rarely gets them now. (Just a little FYI;))

I was diagnosed with migraines when I was in the 2nd grade. A lot of them come from changes in weather and hormones...FUN. Oh, and booze. :headache:

I've known several people that have had bad reactions to generic migrane medicine (I used to be a pharmacy tech). I hope it makes you feel a little bit better than you aren't alone.:hug: Considering you'll be back in WDW in less than a month, I hope that mail order comes very soon.

Hurray for Magical Express!!

I'm amazed at how the brand name works perfectly fine and the stupid generic wages war. Not fair! :snooty:

onelilspark
10-01-2009, 04:22 PM
So peeps...I'm moving to my Dining Report, found here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33793567#post33793567

TeresaNJ
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
So sorry to hear about your migraines. I use to get horrendous ones, but not quite as often as you. They were definitely hormone related, and ever since I had to have a completely hysterectomy at the age of 42, I haven't had one since. I don't recommend getting rid of them going that route though, LOL.

We're not arriving to Disney until Sunday the 18th. We're flying in to Ft Lauderdale on the 17th to visit my nephew at the U of Miami, then driving to Disney on Sunday. Looks like we'll just miss each other, darn it!