PDA

View Full Version : Quick Service Plan

onelilspark
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm thinking about a solo trip at the beginning of August. Just from a Saturday-Monday.

Has anyone done the Quick Service Plan? Is it a good deal?

AmberHeartsDisney
05-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm thinking about a solo trip at the beginning of August. Just from a Saturday-Monday.

Has anyone done the Quick Service Plan? Is it a good deal?

why pay for quick service when u can get the dining plan for free?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/specialOfferDetails?name=Promo&promotionCode=fy09q4dine&market=fy09q4dine

Valid for stays most nights 8/16/09 to 10/03/09.

onelilspark
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I have an AP that expires 8/9, I'm hoping to go before it expires so I don't have to pay for a park ticket. That's why I'll pay for it ::yes::

(And the AP rates are really good!)

AmberHeartsDisney
05-07-2009, 01:34 PM
oops lol

onelilspark
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
oops lol

That piece of info is kind of helpful :goodvibes Sorry!

I'm going through withdrawal, I have limited days available for taking off of work, but I can go for a long weekend with hotel, the QS plan and flight for around $500. I'm really tempted to do it. I'm just not sure if the QS plan is worth it or not... Many times I split meals with the people I travel with or order off the kids menu. So if I go solo, will the QS plan be wayyyyy to much food??

I'm in limbo, not sure if I should attempt to squeeze in another trip before it expires or not.

Not sure if I'm asking unbiased people though ;)

Faldred
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
For an adult, the QSDP can be a good deal, and it can be a bad deal. It all depends on where you choose to eat and what you order.

If you're a "big eater" and enjoy getting the biggest item on the menu and a dessert at lunch and dinner, than you'll do fine. If you pick the right places, you'll do great. (Example: Full meals at WPE, Flame Tree, Tangerine Cafe, Cosmic Rays, Sunshine Seasons, and Pepper Market can easily get up to $20 [or more!] with a top-of-the-line entree/combo, drink, and dessert.)

If you're not such a big eater, preferring more basic items and passing on dessert, then you'll be struggling to break even. Ordering kid's meals would be very inefficient. (Just a burger and a soda might work out to about $11 or so after tax. Kid's meals are about $5 after tax.)

The snack credits can make a lot of difference -- the value you get can range from $1 to a little over $4, based on what you get. The shorter the stay, the better deal the resort mug is, too; of course that assumes that you'll actually use it.

As an inbetween approach, if you think it might be too much food, consider planning only two meals a day, and using the desserts (get packaged items whenever possible) as additional snacks. Spreading the food out over the day may make it more worthwhile. If that would work for you, then you can compare costs to see if it's worth it.

There's also the convenience factor of having things pre-paid. It's very subjective -- how much is it worth to you to have that convenience?

onelilspark
05-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Thanks. I might give it a try. Since it's a shorter trip, even if I don't "break even" I might wind up coming close. Have the "package" part might be nice, with the free 5x7, round of golf, arcade, etc. Since it's the heat of the summer, I'm sure I'll be taking breaks in the day.

Of course that's if I decide to go on the trip....