PDA

View Full Version : Where will you eat because you have free dining?

ranthony
05-05-2009, 09:52 PM
I'll admit that when we're paying for the DDP we like to eat at the pricier restaurants...Le Cellier, character meals with our 3 little boys, etc. Our next trip is planned during free dining and I'm starting to think that I may try a few places simply because we'll be getting the dining for free.

Tony's has been on my radar lately and even The Plaza but one of the more expensive options always seems to end up on our final list because we're looking for bang for our buck, too.

Are there any restaurants that might fall into the 'not the best bang for your buck' category but that you really enjoy?

KatMark
05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
We've only done the dining plan since they started offering "Free dining." We've never paid attention to the prices and if we're getting a good deal or getting the most costly meals. We go to places where we know we enjoy the food, whether pricey or reasonable (if anything at Disney is "reasonable"). We always do the Plaza on our trips--it is our last meal of every trip before we head to the airport. We really enjoy it. We've not done SciFi i about eight years and it is on the list for our next trip and we are told we should pay OP for that as it is not that expensive and use our TS credit somewhere else. I understand the onion rings are really good.

rentayenta
05-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Admittedly we try to eat at the more expensive restaurants while on the DDP. This trip we are doing a split stay so we'll have 5 days on and 5 off. We chose the places we wanted to eat regardless of cost. The DDP doesn't dictate where we will dine but does impact when. :goodvibes

ranthony
05-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Admittedly we try to eat at the more expensive restaurants while on the DDP. This trip we are doing a split stay so we'll have 5 days on and 5 off. We chose the places we wanted to eat regardless of cost. The DDP doesn't dictate where we will dine but does impact when.

We usually try to keep the more 'moderately' priced restaurants for enjoying when we're not on the DDP. Our last 3 trips however have been with extended family and they have each wanted to do the DDP so it's been quite some time since we've gone without it.

Since we're getting it free in August I thought I might give some of those places a whirl but I was just looking for some suggestions since it's been more than 5 years since we've been to WDW without the DDP.

remark44
05-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm going to the Hoop Dee Doo. I don't mind spending the two credits but I would have a problem spending the cash for the show. It's the psychology of the DDP. It's like it's free when you are there!

wdwluver
05-06-2009, 04:43 PM
We're finally going to try Jiko. :cool1: Looking forward to it.

enchantingodin
05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Beaches n Cream. They have this awesome orange creamsicle type milkshake called Frozen Sunshine. OMG YES! So flippin good. But really the prices are more along the lines of a CS. So it's really not a good bang for the buck.

neatokimmo
05-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Exactly! That is why we are doing it too :) I just wouldn't pony up $50-60 for a show like that.

We are going to eat at Coral Reef for lunch one day just so the little kids can sit among the tanks. I normally wouldn't spend a TS on a lunch because the menu is less, but we are going to do it anyway :)

I'm going to the Hoop Dee Doo. I don't mind spending the two credits but I would have a problem spending the cash for the show. It's the psychology of the DDP. It's like it's free when you are there!

AmberHeartsDisney
05-07-2009, 09:38 AM
This trip will be my first stay at a disney hotel and first time with dining! i am soooooo excited!!!