PDA

View Full Version : paying for meals in advance

stephie1012
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
There are some meals you have to pay for in advance right? how does this work with the DDP? Is it only CRT that requires you to pay? I thought i read HDDR does as well is that true?
Last trip we used a credit card hold for the princess meal in epcot with no problems tia!

Faldred
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
If you specify that you're on the dining plan when you book the meal (CRT or any of the dinner shows), then they will use your CC # as a "hold", but not charge it.

When you arrive, you may still choose whether or not to use the credits or pay OOP.

mbanks21
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Dinner shows and CRT charge ahead of time if not on DDP. On DDP they will take the CC number as a guarantee you will show up.

DISYAIYAI
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Make sure you check your credit card statement ASAP when it arrives.

I have booked MBYBBQ for the last 5 years. I always told the CM I was on the DP and they never charged my card. :confused3 This year they charged my card and it took me almost 3 hours and numerous calls to get the problem resolved. :scared1: At least I think it is resolved, I have not received my new statement since I called on 4/13. :rolleyes1

Also be aware that when you pick up your tickets at your hotel they will charge your DP at that time. In other words if you pick up your tickets on a Monday you will notice that your plan is 2 TS short even though you don't go to the show till Saturday. Now, this is how it works with the dinner shows, I am not sure about the TS dinners where you need a CC hold but do not receive tickets.

Just make sure you check your statement to make sure your card is not charged.

stephie1012
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM
thanks guys!