PDA

View Full Version : What's the best souvenir you've bought at DL?

Saskiwi
05-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Ours is probably one of the cheapest - a $4.95 poster-sized map of the park. I got it laminated and the kids now pore over it, remembering all the rides they went on and choosing favourites.

My Dad brought one back with him in the early 1970s when he visited and my brother and I wore the poor map to shreds doing the same thing! We knew we would probably never get to visit DL as kids (too far, too expensive) so it was all the more special having a map of this magic place that we only ever saw on tv.

jemilah
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
my Mickey Mouse pizza cutter........I use it often and it seems better made then any other one I have ever used.

fairycat
05-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Club 33 ears, though technically I did not buy them in the park, I still got to wear them to Club 33 and got my name on them on that trip :)

LuLusApple
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Silouettes of my kids I have them of different ages and stages :) I have a wall of them LOL
Then it has to be our pirates memoribilia the limited edition cd map of ride, music and lyrics of yo-ho on parchment :)

DangerMouse
05-04-2009, 07:26 PM
an AP. ;)

teatime
05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
http://i9.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/31/26/a47b_1.JPG

we still have them 5 years later !!

emum
05-04-2009, 07:31 PM
My Pirate Rpincess handbag. I :lovestruc it. Long story, too - we were at DL for 5 days before spending the weekend in Las Vegas, then heading back to DL for another 3 days. I'd seen it multiple times that first week, but thought I'd wait until we got back from Vegas, to avoid having to carry more stuff back and forth. Well, by the time we got back from Vegas, they were nowhere to be seen - they'd been replaced by MM handbags. I searched EVERYWHERE, very despondant :headache:

Finally, on our last day in DL, only a couple of hours before we were due to leave, I found one - hiding under a table in the little shop near the exit of POTC. I was soooo thrilled ! :banana:

I take it with me everywhere now.

Cheers,
Sally :)

Mouse13
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
Disneyland baseballs! We've bought all of the different ones we could find and have quite a collection. Comparably, the prices are really reasonable but it now seems like all of the ones we find are not real baseballs, but soft foam ones. We're hoping to find more real baseballs on our upcoming trip.

Mommy2PrincessAbby
05-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Our disneyland christmas ornament.... hoping to get a new one this trip!

DangerMouse
05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
My kids love the Mr. Potato Head pieces. We fill a box each visit. :)

Jennifer03
05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I love the sweatshirt I bought because every time I wear it I'm reminded of Disneyland. :goodvibes

EmmersIsTheMommy
05-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Also the Silouettes! I ALMOST forgot!! I am so glad I didn't. It's my mommy souvineer!

my husband's favorite is a pricey jack watch..but he loves it SO MUCH.

My kids...well their favorites are their ears. :D

teacherlisa1978
05-04-2009, 09:24 PM
My stuffed Mickey plush. I have wanted one ever since I was a kid. Finally, on our last trip I bought one for myself. I just smile every time I see him.

mechurchlady
05-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Flip flops from the Pier area of DCA lasted years. Key chains to decorate my scooter. Folding hairbrushes are so cool and fit in my purse, I just bought another one.

disheadz
05-04-2009, 11:25 PM
a frontierland print by shag. its very retro cool and most people wouldn't even guess it was disney, which works for me.

farmgirljen
05-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Are there wineglasses with any disney logos on it that can be bought as a set? I am a sucker for kitchen related items- wineglasses, cookware, etc...

McQueenofHrts
05-04-2009, 11:58 PM
My Halloween mug! It reminds me of sitting with my family sipping hot apple cider as the parade went by. :thumbsup2

MommyWithDreams
05-05-2009, 12:15 AM
My the photo album I bought with the castle medalion on the front. It sits on our coffee table.

DBF and I get a hat every trip too...I love him in hats. :lovestruc

tommycairns
05-05-2009, 09:46 AM
My Mickey watch (retro), the large glass Mickey head with 3D images of my family, and my son's baseballs.

Edited to add the soft monkeys I always win for my daughter on the CA boardwalk, hope they still have them this year!

NicksMommy
05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
ours are silouettes too! I have my son's done every year!! I had mine done every year when I was a kid!!!:lovestruc

DizBelle
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Are there wineglasses with any disney logos on it that can be bought as a set? I am a sucker for kitchen related items- wineglasses, cookware, etc...

I bought some Mickey Logo martini glasses (clear with frosted Mickey heads all over) at Epcot a couple of years ago. I believe that they had wine glasses, too. I think they were sold individually. I would guess that DL would have the same type of thing.

Husker Mickey
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Love our antenna toppers (seasonal), Christmas ornaments - I buy one each trip, & my photo albums - also buy one on each trip.

jemilah
05-05-2009, 12:36 PM
They have the glasses for sure...........I have some too. Kitchen stuff has been my favorite stuff to buy because it is pracitcal and makes me smile everytime I use it.

mystic_path
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Id have to say my dads Indiana Jones Hat.. He wears that thing EVERYWHERE! Its amazing how many men come up and compliment him on it. He just craves the attention. Im gonna buy him a new one in the next 2 weeks when I go on my next Disneyland Vacation and put it away for Christmas this year.

mmlover74
05-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Christmas ornaments. I am collecting quite a bit and gladly use my reward dollars on them. I plan on having a Disney only ornament tree one year.

DizMe
05-05-2009, 04:17 PM
My glass mug from the Crystal shop that has my name etched on one side and Mickey standing next to the castle on the other, with "Disneyland" etched below. I've wanted one my whole life and I finally got one this year!

kkmcan
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I love my Mickey Ball antennae topper. Need a new one though. A bird hit my antennae last week and took the mickey ball with it. Just another reason to visit DL!

Also, I especially love the silhouettes I had done of the kids our last trip.

I would love to have a Mickey head cookie cutter so I'll be looking for that our next trip.

teacherlisa1978
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
I love my Mickey Ball antennae topper. Need a new one though. A bird hit my antennae last week and took the mickey ball with it. Just another reason to visit DL!

Also, I especially love the silhouettes I had done of the kids our last trip.

I would love to have a Mickey head cookie cutter so I'll be looking for that our next trip.

That's a GREAT souveneir! I love mine and use it to make Mickey shaped pancakes the night before every trip.

Lakewood
05-05-2009, 07:37 PM
My cap gun musket, but that was back when moonshiners cabins caught fire.

Princess Sarah 92
05-06-2009, 12:30 AM
i didnt get much because the prices are insane, but i wanted to get SOMETHING because hello, its disneyland

so i thought this was worthy enough
its pretty :]

front:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/262/0505092119l.jpg

back:
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9339/0505092119a.jpg

marvel
05-06-2009, 01:15 AM
wow that is a great mug. :thumbsup2

Mine is a picture frame that is shaped like the castle and you can put 5 or 6 photos in it. Just looks great.

Disney Dreams
05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
It's a tough pick between 2 items:

My 50th anniversary charm bracelet with 50 charms on it (representing attractions, lands, etc from throughout DL) - it was a birthday gift from DH and I absolutely love it.

OR

Mine and DHs Kincaid painting that we bought of Disneyland's Main Street for the 50th anniversary. It's just gorgeous and reminds me of so many DL memorie.

Not sure I could pick,
Dreams

Tasscrapper
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
My favourite souvie is a pair of dangly Mickey head earrings. They have 3 miniture Mickey heads made out of crystals or something. I love them and am hoping to find a necklace that will match on our next trip.

rwrocksme
05-08-2009, 12:50 AM
It's a tough pick between 2 items:

My 50th anniversary charm bracelet with 50 charms on it (representing attractions, lands, etc from throughout DL) - it was a birthday gift from DH and I absolutely love it.

OR

Mine and DHs Kincaid painting that we bought of Disneyland's Main Street for the 50th anniversary. It's just gorgeous and reminds me of so many DL memorie.

Not sure I could pick,
Dreams

OHHHH. That charm bracelet sounds lovely...can you show us pictures?

Desert Dwellers
05-08-2009, 12:57 AM
My son's favorite souvenir was this skull from the POTC section of the World of Disney store in DTD. For a set price, you could have all the plastic bugs, lizards and snakes you could jam into the skull and still close the door on the bottom.

PinkBudgie
05-08-2009, 01:01 AM
I have some pink Mickey Head earrings- studs, not dangling. I call them my "Hidden Mickey Earrings". :goodvibes I have my ears pierced twice and I wear them in the second hole above some pink hanging earrings.

I also love my 45th anniversary DL mug. I love to drink my coffee from it. :lovestruc It has lots of Disney characters but only two are villians. Thought that was rather odd. :confused3 But I like it. I do also have a mug of just villians. :)

Monica D
05-08-2009, 01:04 AM
I have a collection of frames from each year we've gone (the ones w/ the year on it). That way I don't have to look at them and try to figure out when it was taken. ;)

kylieh
05-08-2009, 04:36 AM
My antenna topper too! As my niece said "The cars got mouse ears!!!!" :lmao:

It's with us everywhere we drive. I've seen may 10 or so around the streets of Sydney. If you see a Yellow Honda Jazz around Sydney with mouse ears antenna topper, it's probably me or DH.

DH put it so well on my car that when I wanted to change it for a different design I couldn't get it off!

erinbev
05-08-2009, 04:54 AM
I really love my mickey plush dressed like woody. so cute and reminds me of an awesome ride (tsmm)! :goodvibes

I also got a really cool frame in California Adventure that kind of reminds me of the "shag" style...I love it! :)

davidsprincess
05-08-2009, 07:17 AM
My black zip up hoodie jacket with a big ol picture of Mickey on the back in silver and grey. I live in it. In fact, I am wearing it right now:lmao:

Kittyskyfish
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Mine is an orange baseball cap with DL-55 on it. I picked it up on my first DL trip with my husband. It's been worn regularly since then! :)

Saskiwi
05-08-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow - some great souvenirs! - I wanted to get silhouettes done of the boys, but DH wasn't so keen and we ran out of time in the end...
But aside from our cheapo park map poster, I'm also loving my black Mickey head bracelet that DH bought me - it's only plastic, but the heads are faceted (sp??) so it sparkles and looks a bit like glass or crystal - again, I think it was only about $10 but it's Disney-without-screaming-Disney, KWIM, which i like!

Corpsebride
05-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Well , right now, my favorite souvy is my Alice in Wonderland Tea Pot that we just got a few weeks ago. We also bought Alice in Wonderland big box of teas that was a separate purchase. But we bought at the same time. Cant have a tea pot with out the tea right?
My second though is my Club 33 Coffee Mug that I am having New Orleans Chickory Coffee in , right now.
This is a great thread!!!

PinkBudgie
05-08-2009, 08:09 PM
My antenna topper too! As my niece said "The cars got mouse ears!!!!" :lmao:

It's with us everywhere we drive. I've seen may 10 or so around the streets of Sydney. If you see a Yellow Honda Jazz around Sydney with mouse ears antenna topper, it's probably me or DH.

DH put it so well on my car that when I wanted to change it for a different design I couldn't get it off!

Our cars don't have an antenna which really is a good thing because we always seem to squish them. :sad1: I would get one too if we did. I've seen them as key chains but it isn't the same. It always makes me happy to spot them on other cars as we drive around.

Teki
05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok so Im way to into souvies so Im gonna list my top five :upsidedow
1. My Jim Shore figurine Princess Minnie Demure and Sweet
2. My Picture frame that has a bunch of character rideing the rides
3. My classic black ears
4. My Jedi Mickey Plush
5. My Tinker Bell Plush

The best souvie I bought someone else though was my Moms Marie Osmond Doll, it was Jolly Holiday Mary Poppins Tiny Tot. :lovestruc

lntsmom
05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
but it's a toss-up. Individually, my favorite is a mousepad of the 50th Anniversary castle. It always makes me happy! The other would be my collection of magnetic picture frames. I have one from each trip on my fridge.

laura&fam
05-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Wow - some great souvenirs! - I wanted to get silhouettes done of the boys, but DH wasn't so keen and we ran out of time in the end...
But aside from our cheapo park map poster, I'm also loving my black Mickey head bracelet that DH bought me - it's only plastic, but the heads are faceted (sp??) so it sparkles and looks a bit like glass or crystal - again, I think it was only about $10 but it's Disney-without-screaming-Disney, KWIM, which i like!

The silhouettes sound cool. How come I haven't heard of them until now? Where do you get them and how do you get them home?

EmmersIsTheMommy
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
THere's a shop on mainstreet dedicated to it! You go in and wait in line, they snip the picture out, you can buy a frame. They're a 5 by 7 size :)

pixiewings71
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
The silhouettes of my girls are by far my favorite souvies. This next trip I want to pull the bday card and get them done of all 4 of us. :)