PDA

View Full Version : Can you do F! package using 1 TS?

BuzzBiteyear
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Was wondering if you can do any of the Fantasmic packages by making use of a TS credit?

TIA

Faldred
05-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Yes... Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine.

BuzzBiteyear
05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Thank you, may have to try Mama Melrose's for the first time.

Dizneydaz
05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm thinking of doing that myself this year.

I just read up on it on allearsnet.com. Good news is you get appetizers with your meal.

You can also do it at the Brown Derby but it'll cost 2 TS since it's a signature restaurant.

Mom-2-two
05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks for this thread as I was wondering the same thing too. Any recommendations on which is better - Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melroses? One other thing, can someone please explain how the Fantasmic package works? Thank you.

TDC Nala
05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
If you book a Fantasmic package you will get a (usually very early) meal reservation at which you will be provided with vouchers for preferred seating at the Fantasmic show later in the evening. At this point it appears the vouchers are for the preferred seating area only. You do not get a specific seat or a special separate entrance to the theater. A half hour before showtime they will open up the preferred seating area and start doing general seating there, so make sure you arrive before that.

The meal consists of an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage, or full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage if you choose Hollywood & Vine. Kids under 10 must choose from the children's menu at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby.

aubriee
05-06-2009, 04:36 AM
Thanks for this thread as I was wondering the same thing too. Any recommendations on which is better - Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melroses? One other thing, can someone please explain how the Fantasmic package works? Thank you.

I'd definitely go with Mama Melrose over Hollywood and Vine. We've done all three restaurants for the Fantasmic pkg several times, but haven't for the last several years. We usually go during the slow times of the year and have never had a problem finding a seat. However, due to the lmited times Disney is now showing Fantasmic, I decided to do it again this trip. May 10th, I'll be eating at Mama Melrose. However, if you want it, you'd better call at 0700 at exactly 90 days out, as Mama Melrose is always the first one to go. FWI: I guess we are slow learners. We've eaten at Hollywood and Vine three times, thinking it couldn't be as bad as we remembered. Wrong, it was worse! YUCK! We've always gotten good food and excellent service at Mama Melrose. Their Penne Alla Vodka, Spaghetti Fra Diavolo, and steak are really good. Brown Derby is also good, but not worth 2 TS credits. If we eat there we will just pay OOP.

Jenny Wren
05-06-2009, 06:49 AM
I would suggest Mama Melrose over H&V, the food at Hollywood and Vine was absolutely horrible. I wouldnt feed it to my dogs. The Fantasmic show is a must see!:lovestruc

Silver Queen
05-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Another vote for Mama Melrose. We really enjoyed our dinner there before Fantasmic!. We would definitely do this restaurant again. (And we're Italian and can be particular.)