PDA

View Full Version : Needing ideas for a summer family reunion

fairykin
05-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Do You have any ideas for a keepsake or a "party favor" for a family reunion?
I thought maybe t shirts or totes with water bottles and sunscreen?

I'm just looking for some good ideas.

There will be in between 40 and 45 people attending, all different ages, from 5 generations.

Also, do you have any games or activities that would be fun?

I know that it would be fun to do this at Disneyland but we have already planned it for the local beach as my Grandmother cannot travel.

We've already got the food planned. I'm just wanting to make a special inexpensive keepsake.

Thanks for helping me with this.:goodvibes

DizNee Luver
05-03-2009, 11:02 AM
Sounds like fun....I've never been to a family reunion!!

I did see one last summer when I had the kids at the park. Each family wore a certain color shirt (red, blue, green, yellow, etc.) They were doing relay races (one for the adults & one for the kids). We saw them doing doing balloon tosses, egg tosses, wheelbarrow races, 3 legged races..... hilarious to watch.

The thing I did notice is they had a hired photographer (not a family member) that snapped pics like crazy. I spoke with one of the ladies & she said the photographer wasn't going to print any pics but the package was for the negatives....so they could go thru them & print the ones they wanted to share with all the different families. I thought that was a great idea!! We actually did one of those packages for my sons senior pics & it worked out great.

As for party favors........ that's a tougher one. It would be nice to offer everyone something that stated the event & date. Maybe have the kids make picture frames that when they got the group photo they could put in it. Just talking out loud here........

I'll think on it somemore but hopefully someone that's done one of these can give you some better ideas.

fairykin
05-03-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey there Diznee Lover,
Thank you for the help!
I like the idea of doing the shirts in different colors for the 5 children of my grandmother and their offsprings in respective matching colors.:yay:

toocherie
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
Dawn--I recall someone I know taking old family pictures, converting them to CD's and then doing a family retrospective--with accompanying music--that was given to each member of the family at the reunion--I thought that was a neat idea.

prettyprincessbelle
05-04-2009, 12:58 AM
We had a family reunion when I was a kid and they had t-shirts made with the date and location of the reunion on the back. It also had a list of all the different last names that are in our family.

This was before CDs with pictures were around (haha, that sounds weird) so similiar to Cheryl's idea, but before the reunion someone (the person planning it) sent a letter out to everyone to have them copy pictures and mail them to the person planning it and they made huge poster boards with a collage of all the pictures people submitted. I'm sure now it would be easier to just have people scan the pictures and email them to you so it would be easier to put them on a CD.

jordansmomma
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Hey there Diznee Lover,
Thank you for the help!
I like the idea of doing the shirts in different colors for the 5 children of my grandmother and their offsprings in respective matching colors.:yay:

Hey that sounds like a good idea!
A different color for each offsprings family.
You could do a name or date on the back of each also.

fairykin
05-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey there Miss CheryL,
Your idea is great! I wish we had techie people in our family, sadly I'm the most computer lit.:scared1: Yes be afraid.:rotfl:
I am going to copy some old photos and then tape the copies to the colored table clothes and lay a clear plastic table cover over them.

Courtney,
I really like the idea of putting everyone's name on the shirts.

Yeah DebbieLouWho,
The date is a good idea.

Thanks for helping me. I think the t shirt is going to be a hit.

:goodvibes