PDA

View Full Version : Fall Free Dining PIN -- Are they allowing upgrade from QSDP to DDP?

BillyBuckner
05-02-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm currently booked for the Free Disney Dining Plan at Pop in late Sept / early Oct.

I just got the PIN for free dining from most nights from 10/2 to 11/24.

It says that Value Resorts get free Quick Service Dining Plan and Moderate Resorts get the 'regular' Disney Dining plan.

I wonder if anyone here has inquired about whether it is possible to upgrade from the Quick Service Dining Plan to the 'regular' Disney Dining Plan. I wonder what the cost for such an upgrade is per adult and per child.

squirrel
05-02-2009, 01:05 AM
It doesn't seem like it's as good a deal as what you already have.

The room price is more expensive in October and November. August and September are value.

chocolateMinnie
05-02-2009, 09:20 AM
The offer over here in the UK allows for Quick service at value and mods and standard at Deluxe. You can update quick to standard DDP but not to Deluxe which is a shame as it means we won't benefit from the 'free' dining plan at all.

BillyBuckner
05-02-2009, 11:31 AM
It doesn't seem like it's as good a deal as what you already have.

The room price is more expensive in October and November. August and September are value.

I appreciate the sentiment; however, what I'm really interested in is 'what are my options' not 'what is the cheapest'.

Rationale: I prefer the cooler weather in October / November, so if I can upgrade to a free (regular) dining plan for a reasonable sum of money, that may be an option to me. Also, my stay as booked has about 2/3 of my nights at the 'October' rate.

PrincessTiffany
05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Yes, you can upgrade.

The basic DDP costs $39.99 per person per night.

The quick service DDP cost $29.00 per person per night.

JerseyJanice
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Depending on how many people will be in your room, you might do better to just book a moderate. For whatever the price difference is, you'll get a better meal plan and also more amenities in your resort room.

Bete
05-02-2009, 02:59 PM
and upgrade at the price difference between QS and the TS plus dining meal plan you can do it.

I inquired yesterday and I was told you can do it by paying the price difference. It's about $10/per adult per day to do it. I have the same promo. I'm still deciding to upgrade or not myself. It's still cheaper to upgrade and pay the price difference with a value resort for plus dining, then it is to go to a moderate and get the plus dining free. I did not inquire about the deluxe plan, nor child prices.

Remember, it's customary to factor in a tip with TS meals; so, it will be a cost consideration, as well. With QS, you don't need ressies, nor do you have to stay with a time schedule.