PDA

View Full Version : The fizz went flat: give me some Disney!! NEARLY THERE!! POST 130, PAGE 9

fizz13
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I have made an irresponsible, spontaneous, desperate, absolutely vital not frivolous decision that I am returning to Disney World this summer, end of!! i have had some pretty down times in the last few years, had my heart broken, gone through a divorce, nearly lost everything, been very broke, but all of that i have taken in my stride, i am one of life's survivors, bouncy people, who will always see the good in all, who has a nieve disney bubble approach to life and where fairytales and happy endings can still happen. Finally last week I cracked. and no i havent had a mental breakdown:lmao:but i have had a couple of things happen in my personal life which were sort of the straw that broke the camels back, my bubble burst so to speak. I dont want to go into details, a few of you do know, and yes i have been struggling to function. I am sure all of us reach a point where we sort of lose our way and feel like we are just going through the motions, just trying to get through the day. and thats sort of where i am now. and this is most definitely NOT where i want to stay.
i have 3 beautiful gorgeous children, my very precious gifts and they deserve to have the best mummy they can, who gives 100% to them every day. i have friends who sometimes i feel give so much more than i give back, I know i can do it, I know I am in there, i just need to find my way back!:headache:

and this is where this trip has come from really. I have had a week booked off from the children since last year. their father unfortunately sees them as a road bump to his freedom and while some men are desperate to devote as much free time as they can to thier children, my ex would rather wriggle out of it each time, he knows not the damage he does and i fear it will come back to bite him one day but anyway.....no he is not having the children, his parents are. nanny and grandad asked last summer if they would be able to take the children camping. 3 weeks ago they asked if they could extend this to 9 days, so to have the week running across two weekends. It will be two years in august that I last had this opportunity. August 2007 became the summer of the Girly Tour, some of you may remember:cheer2: so i have been given the dates of August 22nd to August 29th.

Now i am not going to lie, my bank balance is not very healthy. I have just about crawled my way back, i am very nearly making all bill payments on time, we have food, we have days out, its not great but its been a lot worse. and realistically i was anticipating maybe a week in spain, my boyfriend wanted greece, not a disney fan, out of budget etc (well he was my boyfriend at the time). Then the rug was pulled out from under me, certain events have occured, me and boyfriend split up (my decision, for very good reasons, cant believe someone i love so much could do what they did) and i was suddenly on my own, have 9 days to fill, and the first day is actually my birthday!!

I am not a girly girl really, I did a girls holdiay a few years ago and it was hell on earth for me, i dont need to fake tan, i dont need to pluck, i can be ready in half an hour from shower to door with makeup and hair done, so didnt fancy that one. i am an independant person most of the time and am happy to holiday alone, my schedule, no compromising, sounds good to me. but when all this happened, its like i lost my spirit, lost my way, i really needed something to look forward to. And that for me is Disney World. So when i say i need this trip, i am not exagerrating, this isnt a wanting whim, it is the only place in the world where i feel happy from morning to night, where everything feels right, where my bounce and spirit comes back, so yes Fizz is going to get her Fizz back, and come what may i am going back to my happy place.

will post more details later, off to pick up child no3!:goodvibes oh and i promise to be a lot more cheerful from now on, i am a smiley friendly person honestly:hug:

Pinky166
04-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Good for you Claire! You go Girl!!!! :woohoo: :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear more of your plans. :goodvibes

raph_b
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I hope you have a wicked birthdy trip in August, it sounds like you really deserve it :)

Sorry to hear things haven't been great but your attitude is very admirable and the world needs more people like you :)

Lizzybear
04-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Sounds fab! If i'm being honest I can't really afford our October trip either (if the bf wasn't going halves with me there would be no way as I don't like putting holidays on credit unless I can pay it off before we go!) but I know it'll be worth all the saving and cutting back.. Where there's a will there's a way :) Happy planning, can't wait to read your TR :goodvibes

SusanEllen
04-28-2009, 12:29 PM
. . . so yes Fizz is going to get her Fizz back, and come what may i am going back to my happy place.

Amen, Sister!

fizz13
04-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Good for you Claire! You go Girl!!!! :woohoo: :cheer2:

Can't wait to hear more of your plans. :goodvibes
Thanks Claire, I can't wait to share them with you:goodvibes

I hope you have a wicked birthdy trip in August, it sounds like you really deserve it :)

Sorry to hear things haven't been great but your attitude is very admirable and the world needs more people like you :)
Thank you very much! I just found your trippie last night and of course your special evening moved me to tears. It is wonderful guys like you that will always have me believing in the fairytale, and why the magic is so important, and i will never give up on finding my special prince charming too. i wish you two so much happiness for the future, you look wonderful together, i dream of moments like the one you had. keep the magic going for the rest of us, it really did lift me so thankyou:hug:

Sounds fab! If i'm being honest I can't really afford our October trip either (if the bf wasn't going halves with me there would be no way as I don't like putting holidays on credit unless I can pay it off before we go!) but I know it'll be worth all the saving and cutting back.. Where there's a will there's a way :) Happy planning, can't wait to read your TR :goodvibes
Oh i so know what you mean, my last two trips i have done cash only and it was really nice not having a bill at the end of it. but yes it will all be worth it, lucky girl having such a fab bf:love: trust me gathering the money will be a work in progress right to the last minute;)

and on to the next bit!

natalielongstaff
04-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Sounds like a very good plan to me hun :hug: i hope you are ok x x

fizz13
04-28-2009, 01:01 PM
ok so i'm going to WDW and have no money saved up and the trip is in oohh....just under 4 months:scared1:easy peasy right?:rotfl:well no brainer I am staying at a value and Pop is way more appealing to me than All Stars. i stayed at ASMo in Dec 07, it was fine, the kids loved it, no complaints, would stay there again, but i am on a mission to stay at every hotel on property, nope its not enough to just visit, i literally want to have done it all. so far i have been very lucky and stayed at Polynesian (paradise on earth:cloud9:), Coronado Springs (very nice, lovely themeing), POFQ (so pretty, nice and small, loved it), ASMo and Wilderness Lodge at xmas time..dont think I need to add to that one, perfect!
so this time I am going for Pop. As it is free dining i priced it up through us site, converted back and eeks! so I priced up on uk site POFQ with free quick plan dining and small upgrade to dining plan...hhmmm..then I priced up Pop with park hopper and just pay for dining plan, and it came out cheaper than POFQ, so had decided to book a package through disney uk at Pop. I dont know why but curiosity got the better of me and I got a quote through us agent for pop free dining and all of a sudden it was cheaper, i dont know why:lmao:but its coming in at around 100 less at 622, the package through uk site is 723. why am i so set on dining plan when I am on a budget? weeellll i know i am going to want to eat in the restaurants, i think if you divide the price by the number of days it is a really good deal and I would end up spending more, I have also pre-paid for my food and i know I wont run out of money and starve:lmao: i have the booking on hold till next week.
oh i should probably explain how i am doing my money this trip. i do not use credit cards any more and have a strict debit card and cash only policy, I got into trouble before and I wont do it again. However i do have a credit card. So what i am going to do is pay my money into this empty credit card, i will stay in credit at all times and i will be able to pay with my card for everything i need to apy for online and when i am there etc. i have already started sending it over ready to put down my package deposit and buy my plane ticket which leads me nicely into....
air fare prices! I knew i would not be flying direct, that was a given, the price difference is shocking actually and the only reason i will fly direct in the future is if i take the children, even then they are getting older and i think they will be able to handle a transfer now. Anyway air shopping:lmao:i have a couple of choices. US Airways are at 360 but i would land at 8:55pm which is a bit late for me, i want to get to a park on my birthday, or 384, better time slightly. Delta are at 379 and are much better times, United would be my first choice with awesome times and i flew them before and loved them but they are showing at 634:scared1:nope it will have to be delta I think, seem to get good reports, i have done the changing flights before, and it is different airport on each way which i love *** it just fascinates me to nosey at other airports, i loved Chicago airport, they have the coolest light effects down the hallways that are a bit like the lights going through the line at Soarin, and i had time to stop for a real chicago hot dog in a bar with the cubs on tv at the terminal:cheer2:see the little things keep me happy!!

whoops, i am off on one again..where was I...right so airfare around 379 which earliest i can pay for is next wednesday, its stayed around that price for last week or so, so fingers crossed it stays right there. Deposit for package is $200 =142 or thereabouts. Once that is done i have till 4th July to pay the balance. BUT think about it, that is flight, hotel, park ticket and food all in for 1001 and i think thats a pretty good deal considering its august!

Coming up: maybe i wont have to foot the whole bill;)

gemmybear83
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Sounds like a brilliant plan - I love your positive attitude and I'm looking forward to reading more :)

natalielongstaff
04-28-2009, 01:11 PM

;) sounds interesting !

BRobson
04-28-2009, 01:24 PM
sending you a big :hug:

So happy to hear you and getting to escape to your happy place and looking forward to hearing all your plans :)

mark&sue
04-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Always love reading your trip reports, well anything really that you write. your plans sound fab so far and can't wait to read more.

so sorry to hear about you and your bloke. really thought he was "the one" , but I love a happy ending too. I'm sure your fairytale is just round the corner.

susan

Pinky166
04-28-2009, 03:30 PM

Ohhh Claire your such a tease.....;)

Come on spill the beans!! :upsidedow

jjk
04-28-2009, 04:22 PM
sounds like agreat plan, cant wait to read more :goodvibes

Chilly
04-28-2009, 04:37 PM
You left us hanging!

wickesy
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Sounding great so far Claire. I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago airport when we get there now.

wils
04-29-2009, 04:20 AM
Good for you girl :)

I hope that this trip (and planning it) gets you well on the way to a better place (emotionally as well as physically!)

fizz13
04-29-2009, 05:16 AM
Firstly thank you to all of you for your lovely comments, i was half expecting to get slated for taking a trip i clearly cant afford, so its really nice to know that you all seem to understand the mentality behind this trip, its hard when you think ok i could pay this off or i could finally get that. But I guess maybe its ok to allow myself a selfish moment at this place in my life, so thank you very much for your support:hug:
Apologies for a mini-hanger on the report:rotfl:will get on with it right now!

MY SOLO TRIPS NEVER QUITE END UP SOLO

so i already explained that i would feel totally comfortable travelling alone, the freedom of my own schedule and choices. When i met my bf one of the first things he learnt about me was my obsession for wdw and all things disney. you only have to walk into my house to see the signs, both my house phones are character phones, the calendar is wdw, my ornaments on the fireplace are disney, and my bedroom should really belong to a 5 year old girl:rotfl: So he knew it was there. he knew i would go back one day but i suppose it wasnt an immediate issue because I had taken 2 trips in 2006, 2 trips in 2007, i was a bit disneyed out:scared1: and well..i wasnt in planning mode, i didnt take a holiday last year, we were definitely going somewhere this summer but like i explained before it was a budget thing and when you are in love you put others first so if the beach in greece was more his thing i would just go along with it, i think i remember how to do that:rolleyes1

When we broke up it wasnt about not being in love and no he didnt cheat on me, and it was more about that what we went through, we just couldnt stay a couple, it was too hard, i made the break, i just couldnt deal with it anymore. But when you have a bond, when if you take away the relationship stuff and you have two people who genuinely get along, who laugh together, who know you better than you know yourself (and if I'm honest he is the only person who i allow to see me upset or vunlerable and i know i am safe), you dont cut them off, because you know that they are special, and we still had so much to talk through, we were the only ones that understood. I have needed a lot of support the last two weeks and yes i cut him off at first, i didnt understand and i put my walls up, but when it mattered the most he stepped up, he instinctively knew what i needed and he was able to support me through it, he still is now, i am starting to smile again slowly, he can hear my voice on a phone and know i need a jar of nutella:lmao:he just knows..and vice versa really. Should quickly say we have known each other for a year and were together for 10 months.he came over on sunday night, I was very low, i had already decided I was going and i talked to him about it. i think he knew i would, he said "you need to escape to your bubble, good for you".
Obviously over the months he has picked up on that wdw is about so much more than rides to me, i talk about the food, i talk about drinking at WS;), i talk about the amazing attention to detail, my magical moments, and i often say wdw is too good for kids, there is just so much more to it! And then i put the planning dvd on, its the closest thing i have to seeing it all sometimes. well he was genuinely mesmerised!:scared1:I watched nearly every section i think, well i was on a roll with him:lmao: and the fun for grown ups one was where his eyes lit up..FOOD!!! he saw watersports, he saw gorgeous resorts and pools, he saw richard petty (not a chance of this happening but he doesnt need to know that:cool1:) and i think it clicked.
Anyway he left, i went to bed and i woke up feeling happier on Monday than i had in a while. Monday night i hit down again, its like that right now, i got a txt very late asking if i was awake, he knew i would be, well we talked for 3 hours till about 2am, and he asked how my plans were going, we talked about other stuff...then out of the blue "I would go you know"...I reply "where?", we stopped talking wdw about an hour ago...he says "wdw, dont tell anyone but i have always wanted to go, and with the prices you're telling me even i can afford that, i thought it would cost 1000s, but i know you wouldnt want me tagging along":scared1:
so here i am nearly dropping the phone at 1:30am, the person i love most in the world (apart from my kids) is telling me he volunterily wants to go to wdw, we are getting along better than ever, its like we are getting to know each other all over again at the mo, there is no pressure, ....so i feel like my dreams are coming true. i tell him that i have always wanted to take a trip with him, that i would love that more than anything, all the things I want to show him there, that was it, he was in!
I will stop at this point and say we are not back together, but we are not really apart either, we are spending more time together at the mo than when we were i think, for the first time in ages I am being put first, all the qualities that i adored about him when we met are back, his affection for me and that look are back, so no we are not back together because things are going so well the way they are, and to define it and label it, i am not ready, there is too much going on....but yes we are going on this trip together, right now all is good with us, not with the world but with us and we are supporting each other as best we can. neither one of us is going to let go beacuse we know its worth holding onto.
so after my essay that sounds like a cheesy teen soap opera the short of it is that my ex-semi-friend-bf:lmao: is coming with me to wdw, we are splitting costs and i am so happy to be able to show the world to him for the first time.

Coming up: making an itinerary without park hours gggrrrr:headache:

Gaynor
04-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Aww that has just brought tears to my eyes :hug: and now i've got to go to work.
Looking forward to the next part :goodvibes

mandymouse
04-29-2009, 05:34 AM
Wow Claire, what a rollercoaster of a pre-trip report. I am so pleased that you're going back to WDW, and whether you go on your own or not ~ I know you'll have a fab time (and boy do you deserve it)

I look forward to hearing all about your itinerary, it's just a shame that we leave WDW the day you arrive - it would've been nice to meet up with you again

Have fun with your planning and take care :hug:

jackieleanne
04-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Aww Claire seriously the story nearly has me in tears. I hope you both have a wonderful time and your attitude is wonderful to life. Have a great time. :goodvibes

Pinky166
04-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Awww Claire you have got me choked up. Just give things time hun, it sounds like you both now how special you are to one another. :hug:

I am looking forward to seeing what ADR's you are going to book.....I am really struggling with mine at the moment.

wicket2005
04-29-2009, 08:04 AM
Wow, what a pre trip report. With an attitude like yours you are just going to be brimming over with fizzy bubbles.:goodvibes I am so pleased you are going back and I think it is totally the right thing to do, yes it may cost a bit but the effects of it are priceless. It is lovely that you will be sharing the trip with your special friend as it will be nice to share the wonders and also introduce the delights to one who has totally no idea what a fantastic place it is. I am looking forward to hearing more.

Chilly
04-29-2009, 08:21 AM
I hope this turns into a fab trip for you.

wicket2005
04-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Thanks for posting these reports The WDW Girly Tour August 2007 (fizz13) *INDEX*, UKDeb is doing a tidy up and they are back on the main page. I didn't want to start dragging up old reports, when they are tidying up so thought I would pass my thanks on here. Sounds like you had a fantastic time then too.

natalielongstaff
04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
im glad you are going with someone, i hope it works out for you x x

Lizzybear
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Aww, hope things work out for you two.. Sounds like it's what you want/what would make you happy and it'll be nice to have to someone to share the trip with and to split costs :thumbsup2

gemmybear83
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Claire - what a rollercoaster!! You have an amazing writing style - I love the way you express everything - I'm hooked!

mark&sue
04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
wow, you are both going to have just the best time.

susan

fizz13
04-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Thanks for posting these reports The WDW Girly Tour August 2007 (fizz13) *INDEX*, UKDeb is doing a tidy up and they are back on the main page. I didn't want to start dragging up old reports, when they are tidying up so thought I would pass my thanks on here. Sounds like you had a fantastic time then too.

yes we did, so funny that Deb did the index at the time she did, even i went back and re-read them, I never finished it properly but it did go into my pre-trippie for my Dec 07 trip, but i think that was my best trip ever, and there is another Girly Tour in the works for 2011 as michelle will be celebrating graduating uni..and well we just want to do it all again:lmao:

Claire - what a rollercoaster!! You have an amazing writing style - I love the way you express everything - I'm hooked!
Thank you so much. i think me expressing everything gets a bit much sometimes, i do tend to share my whole life story with everybody, and maybe i share too much info but i am glad you are enjoying it, i am very flattered:hug:

Thank you again to all of you reading along, its really nice to know you are all enjoying it, and riding the rollercoaster with me:goodvibes Oh and aplogies to anyone that teared up over my story, I did not mean to send anyone to work emotional! But once again i am flattered that my words moved you, me being in a disney bubble all the time seems to make me see the romantic side of life , maybe a bit too much for my own good as well ;-)

I'll be putting more up later this morning, so anyone wondering about my ADRs, which i can book in 24 days and counting:cheer2:I will be revealing all soon.

raph_b
04-30-2009, 02:44 AM
Sounds like somebody else has been converted :)

What a great story! I can't wait until August so I can see how fun you guys have eating and drinking in WDW ;)

Now you need you tell us all about the ADRS.....

fizz13
04-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Before i give you the run down i want to stop and say that this bit is the one that gives me such a ridiculous amount of pleasure:lmao: I am the sort of girl..and i can not believe i am about to put this out there about myself...that alphabetises her cds, who categorises and databases her dvds by certificate and genre, who divides her kitchen cupboards into sauces, soups, fruit etc, who irons each persons clothes in order so its easier to sort and put away...hi my name is claire and i have an organising control freak issue:scared1:
phew, glad we all know that now, beacause when i go into the detail on how i am organising our itinerary and dining it will sound much less scarey now i have got the worst out the way:rotfl: i should also point out that deciding on ADRs has possibly been the hardest for this trip than any other trip, i am taking someone for their first visit to disneyworld which means I want them to get not only the best experience of food, but also show them more to the world than rides, give them a variety of meal types, cater to their tastes, know that they are gonna have the best possible time that they could have and come back wanting to know when they can count down to the next trip, it is all about disney world brain washing at its best:love:
I also want to point out that as August hours dont even come out until tomorrow all of this is based on guesswork on EMH, and the most likely day i am likely to catch fantasmic. fantasmic is disney spirit wrapped into one show for me. It is my most cherished attraction at WDW, what i have to do above all else, so despite all the horror stories lately about uncontrollable crowds and scarey scenes of a 2hour wait, I am not giving it up. especially as the children aren't with me and i think as 2 adults we have a much better shot of manouvering through it all;)
The way i went is pieced it together like a jigsaw. First I made a list of all the restaurants i want to try or would try again. the i grouped these by park and area so that when i laid out where we were going to be i could go to my list and pick what i thought would fit best. then i make a chart for the week, with days down the left side and time intervals at the top, so i slice it off like a school timetable by park and free time. So timetable....bare bones of park time...ADRs added around that. Actually many of you probably do it the same way. i make it a rule to avoid EMH generally as i figure that park is going to be a people magnet, unless its my last night, then al rules out the window.
Right, thats all the waffle out the way and possible the longest intro into an itinerary ever on the DIS, my apologies. itinerary in next post i promise!:hug:

fizz13
04-30-2009, 06:13 AM
so here we go, the run down for our week..as it stands now of course...could all change in a week...oh stop it woman:lmao:

AUGUST 22-29
7 nights, Pop Century, 8 day park hoppers, dining plan

22- Flight lands at 4:24pm, ME to Pop hopefully for 6pm. Dump our stuff and get to MK. Pick up my birthday gift card:cheer2: and get birthday badge from Guest Services. No plan really, just enjoy, want to ride Splash Mtn though, see Wishes.

23-AK want 8am seating at Tusker House, stay as long as we want, probably till around 2 at latest (august heat:rolleyes:). rest/ swim, head to Downtown Disney, dinner at Raglan Road

24- Epcot tour Future World, lunch at Rose and Crown, leave the park. rest/ swim, over to AKL for Boma dinner late

25- MK, 8am seating at Crystal Palace, tour till around 1pm. rest/ swim, head to DS for dinner at 50's Prime Time and fantasmic

26- lazy morning, lie in, chill at Pop, head to Epcot for late lunch at Tokyo Dining, tour World showcase and see illuminations

27- DS, tour as long as we want, then over to poly for Ohana dinner, and cocktails in a hammock on the beach:love:

28- waterpark/ shopping day, just enjoy! early dinner at california grill, then into MK to ride any we missed and favourites, could be EMH that night which would be great!

29- pack up, back to whichever park he likes for last visit, ME pick up around 3pm.

so there ya go, the bare bones of our trip. and if you are good at maths and adding that up on the way i am making more ADRs than i have credits, yep i cant help it, i love disney food:goodvibes.
will take you through my ADR choices one by one:

Tusker house- did the breakfast last time, loved the amazing range of food, all the main characters are here so i can hit them in one go, day late birthday treat meal, in the park before it opens which I love, will probably pay OOP.

Raglan Rd- great food, think he will like the entertainment and pub feel, will be nice way to enjoy a DTD night

Rose and crown- i am trying to work my way round all the WS restaurants and i still havent done this one, lunch menu looks much nicer than dinner, quick way to see bit of WS before we tour another day, will feel familiar for him and a pub:lmao:

Boma- i am showing off the AKL tonight. Jiko and sannaa i am just not sold on their menus and this is such a fab range of food, really enjoyed it years ago and wanted to come back for ages.

Crystal palace- this is the one I may cancel. in the park before it opens again:love:, love breakfast buffets, more characters for me. would be OOP.

50s prime Time- again may cancel this one but has my fav menu item in all of wdw, pot roast!!!!! i think will be interesting for him to experience this restaurant, we have to eat dinner somewhere, dont want to do fantasmic dinner package this time. HBD is 2 credits, Hollywood and vine is a no way for me, mama melrose i have eaten at for last 3 trips and i am sort of fed up with it. i always have a good time and a good meal here.

Tokyo Dining- we share a passion for sushi in a big way so had to fit this in somewhere, we wont be eating a huge meal here so will pay OOP

Ohana- well i have to show him my fav resort, the Poly:cloud9:Kona is still on my to do list but if you are bringing someone for the first time who is a total meat lover then ohana is it really, even better if we get a window seat to watch the world. i just know he will love it here. and combine it with cocktails on the beach after and reflecting on the week..pretty perfect really..please do not rain on me this night!!

california grill- well its the last night and nowhere better to come. this is the one he saw on the planning dvd that really got his attention. the view will be stunning, the food will be fab, and we are positioned right next to MK to get in last night fun, what a great last night it should be.

so there ya go, hope you like my choices. if anyone has some better suggestions now you have seen where we are going to be then please let me know. i am sad that i cant find a way to fit the epcot resort area into it but Spoodles is closed right now, i am not an ice cream big lover so beaches and cream i have been there done that, Flying Fish is two credits, i would love to go to Bluezoo, its so amazing, but its not on the dining plan so just a bit too pricey for me.. and as its august looking round in the day is gonna be way too hot. maybe we should stroll round after Illuminations actually. right will leave it there for now and let me know what you think.

jjk
04-30-2009, 09:56 AM
Claire all your plans sound amazing:thumbsup2

my brain is being pickled at the moment with all the adr,s i will need to make for next years trip :upsidedow

irisheyes123
04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned :)

jen_uk
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
What a rollercoaster of a pre-trip report!!! :upsidedow It sounds like a great trip you have planned, I love Pop Century, you can watch Illuminations from the balcony :goodvibes I hope it all works out and you have an amazing time, you certainly deserve it :wizard:

Cyrano
04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Claire glad to hear that you are looking at a great big beautiful tommorrow :goodvibes:grouphug:

mark&sue
04-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Claire great choices. I see you have gone for 50s Prime Time again. Hope he likes his greens. Will you warn him first? Have a cosmopolitan for me.

Can't wait to read more. so excited for you. wish i could be there too but have to wait for next year.

loads of love

susan

Pinky166
04-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Your plans sound fab. I will be trying Ohana, Raglan Road & Cali Grill all for the first time in Sept (up until our trip last december we hadn't eaten at many onsite restaurants before) so I am looking forward to trying them.

You mention Blue Zoo, I was thinking of going there but haven't seen that many reviews for it on here....what do you think of it?

fizz13
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Your plans sound fab. I will be trying Ohana, Raglan Road & Cali Grill all for the first time in Sept (up until our trip last december we hadn't eaten at many onsite restaurants before) so I am looking forward to trying them.

You mention Blue Zoo, I was thinking of going there but haven't seen that many reviews for it on here....what do you think of it?

I can not say enough amazing things about bluezoo!! From the moment you step into the fab decor, with blues and lighting that give this under the sea vibe, sort of elegant curtains draped and lit pillars and its quite a big space they have there. you can see the fish turning while they cook (called dancing fish), we had a drink at the bar first, they have some great cocktails and i highly recommend the Zooberry! we had a fab server who explained the menu really well. the breads alone were worth a visit! and every course I had just got better and better, i am not a fish person usually but this was just to die for. If you like seafood and can afford it i saw some amazing iced fresh seafood coming out the kitchen, oysters, king prawns etc. i had the scallops starter and it blew me away. the tables were nicely space out so it felt private enough but not too singled out. this has the potential to be one of the most romantic restaurants on property.
The only downer was that the night we were there they had a large party in and they were having a very merry time. as the space has quite high ceilings the noise seemed to carry quite well, which did spoil the ambience a bit. and as the Dolphin is a convention hotel there is a good chance you could get other large parties. having said that no way would this put me off because the decor, service and food is THAT GOOD!!!! it ranks as my no1 on property and i am so sad i cant afford it this time. Oh little bonus: we finished our meal just before 9 and our server said if we popped out of the door just by the entrance to Bluezoo it would be a great way to enjoy illuminations (the top of it anyway) and yes it sort of ended the night perfectly.

wow i may have got carried away there:rotfl:seriously if you can, GO TO BLUEZOO!!!!

fizz13
04-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Claire all your plans sound amazing:thumbsup2

my brain is being pickled at the moment with all the adr,s i will need to make for next years trip :upsidedow

I saw your post, wow 14 nights of dining to sort, you are so lucky!!! and you will love POFQ, i liked it more than Wilderness Lodge and thats saying something, nothing quite beats the Poly though;)

Claire great choices. I see you have gone for 50s Prime Time again. Hope he likes his greens. Will you warn him first? Have a cosmopolitan for me.

Can't wait to read more. so excited for you. wish i could be there too but have to wait for next year.

loads of love

susan

hi honey, so glad you are enjoying the pre-trippie:hug: susan, no way can i drink one of those cosmos, wow it was like pure alcohol, you are one tough lady drinking through that one:lmao:I am sure i will find another yummy cocktail though and will make sure to toast you when i do. I have a feeling he will have no probs with the greens, he is quite a healthy eater and eats all his greens usually:lmao:

Pinky166
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I can not say enough amazing things about bluezoo!! From the moment you step into the fab decor, with blues and lighting that give this under the sea vibe, sort of elegant curtains draped and lit pillars and its quite a big space they have there. you can see the fish turning while they cook (called dancing fish), we had a drink at the bar first, they have some great cocktails and i highly recommend the Zooberry! we had a fab server who explained the menu really well. the breads alone were worth a visit! and every course I had just got better and better, i am not a fish person usually but this was just to die for. If you like seafood and can afford it i saw some amazing iced fresh seafood coming out the kitchen, oysters, king prawns etc. i had the scallops starter and it blew me away. the tables were nicely space out so it felt private enough but not too singled out. this has the potential to be one of the most romantic restaurants on property.
The only downer was that the night we were there they had a large party in and they were having a very merry time. as the space has quite high ceilings the noise seemed to carry quite well, which did spoil the ambience a bit. and as the Dolphin is a convention hotel there is a good chance you could get other large parties. having said that no way would this put me off because the decor, service and food is THAT GOOD!!!! it ranks as my no1 on property and i am so sad i cant afford it this time. Oh little bonus: we finished our meal just before 9 and our server said if we popped out of the door just by the entrance to Bluezoo it would be a great way to enjoy illuminations (the top of it anyway) and yes it sort of ended the night perfectly.

wow i may have got carried away there:rotfl:seriously if you can, GO TO BLUEZOO!!!!

Oh thanks so much Claire - I am definately going to fit it in then. :thumbsup2

My hubby loves fish & most seafood so I really want to go for him - I on the other hand hate most fish & seafood but have looked at the menu and there is a few things I will eat so I am going to book it up.....I am trying to add a few things in to our trip for my hubby as he is not a disney lover :sad2: but has been so lovely to let me have so many trips. :goodvibes

Have you made any more decisions about your trip yet? will you be doing a detailed park plan for each day or just go with the flow?

gemmybear83
04-30-2009, 05:01 PM
Loving your daily plans and ADR choices - Ohanas was my favourite on my last trip - we were lucky enough to get a window seat for when Wishes came on :goodvibes

Totally agree with you about Fantasmic - for me its the essence of disney - I will queue 3 hours if I have too!:eek: Saw it twice on our last trip and cried both times!

fizz13
04-30-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh thanks so much Claire - I am definately going to fit it in then. :thumbsup2

My hubby loves fish & most seafood so I really want to go for him - I on the other hand hate most fish & seafood but have looked at the menu and there is a few things I will eat so I am going to book it up.....I am trying to add a few things in to our trip for my hubby as he is not a disney lover :sad2: but has been so lovely to let me have so many trips. :goodvibes

Have you made any more decisions about your trip yet? will you be doing a detailed park plan for each day or just go with the flow?

I definitely will have touring plans and they are a work in progress right now, I have to be careful writing them out though as i am TGM member and if i was to put them up i might get linched:rotfl:actually they wont be following his site exactly, i have learnt how to use the tips and tricks he gives so that i can make my own now. i certainly wont be trying to fit everything in...trying to picture him flying on a Dumbo elephant:rotfl:hes 6'3", it would be too funny, but i think that everybody that goes to WDW should have to ride Its a Small World, that is going to be hysterical, i know he is going to give me this look when we are stuck on this ride, but you cant say you've been till you've done it once i think! MK is causing me a headache right now because they have closed Space Mtn so trying to predict which way the crowds are going to spread out is a lovely puzzle which i have 3 months to solve:goodvibes i will say that since i signed up to TGM i have hardly ever waited in a line and i get so much stuff done in a morning, very important in August, to stay too much past lunchtime in that heat gets overwhelming. but yes, i have a good idea of what i want to get done;) all the rollercoasters and thrillers are a given, i will get him to choose between nemo and lion king, and again choose between Indiana jones and light, moteurs action. i know the cars will win:headache:, i just find that show too long and spread out, especially with the august sun beating down, but it will be worth it to see him enjoying himself.

fizz13
04-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Loving your daily plans and ADR choices - Ohanas was my favourite on my last trip - we were lucky enough to get a window seat for when Wishes came on :goodvibes

Totally agree with you about Fantasmic - for me its the essence of disney - I will queue 3 hours if I have too!:eek: Saw it twice on our last trip and cried both times!

funny story from the Girly tour about fantasmic. michelle feels the same way we do about it and the first time we tried to see it, we got the fantasmic dinner package, glorious sunshine all day and the rain chucked it down that night so it got cancelled. i frantically redid our schedule to get it in another night, again it was raining and we prayed for a miracle. it was staring to calm down and we sat in the ampitheatre willing the rain to stop enough looking so fab in our ponchos:lmao:When it is too wet for the performers they do a mini-show with no characters so we decided we would stay either way. When Mickey came out we and michelle let out this yelp of happiness that made everyone turn around and look at us:lmao: i think only we knew what it meant to us. and yes of course we cried, the princess floats get me, the boat coming round the corner does me in and when mickey is at the top of the mountain conducting the fireworks i am gone:cloud9: If i put the cd on while i am driving i do get some funny looks as i have tears, people must wonder what on earth has upset me so much:lmao:

CustardTart
04-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Been a bit distracted of late but have just read your first post and I'm hooked!!! Need to re-read and re-post with more thought but right here, right now I am loving your approach, Claire... :hug: I'll be back... ;)

jockey
05-01-2009, 03:04 AM
Hope you have fun planning and have a great trip!

Minniespal
05-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Really like your approach Claire. Looking forward to reading more.

florida sun
05-04-2009, 07:17 AM
Have fun Claire and look forward to reading more:goodvibes

bombhead444
05-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Wow!! what a great start to your pre trippie i havent even looked at adrs yet only had our first one at the cali grill last year,and that was fab:dance3:

Looking forward to reading more.:yay::yay:

fizz13
05-05-2009, 03:56 AM
Thanks again to all of you who have replied and are enjoying reading along. Have just had a great weekend in Cornwall which was a total suprise, left 4am sunday morning:scared1:, arrived for 9am, had breakfast by the sea, we stayed in St Ives so walked round there, visited lands end which is just awesome for scenery and stopped in Penzance on the way back. the sun was out, we got to be on the beach for a while, where i sadly broke my toe while trying to stop my OH from throwing me in the sea, yep i am a scrappy one:lmao:, its ok, its not too painful, just pretty colours! and sunday night we went to see a band at a pub, where we got slightly tipsy lets say on the cornish cider:headache: Left yesterday lunchtime and took us 7 hours to get back, yikes!! but was a fab weekend which i was suprised with and would like to say that me and him are I think its safe to say back to being a proper couple, we laughed so much, saw some amazing stuff, yeah we are back on:cloud9: oh yes, went for sushi on saturday (told you we share a passion for the stuff) at Yo Sushi and managed to between us consume 45 of it!!! this is a record even for us:lmao: it is so nice spending time together and having fun the way we do. anyway thought i would let you all know what we had been up to and that things are going great:love:

right on with the disney stuff! I have started with the booking side of things finally and have put my $200 deposit down on the package through the USA disney travel company, spoke to them on the phone as I couldnt get Pop to come up with free dining on the website, no problem, they still had availability for our dates. So package comprising of 7 nights Pop, 8 day park hoppers and free dining came in at $1249, which is roughly 832, so 416 each, cheaper than uk and i can live with that price. i have bought our travel insurance through ********************* and got both of us for 19.53, bargain me thinks:cool1:

Flights are causing me a headache to say the least. the prices are going up and down daily, but then different times etc. Right now the cheapest is at 341 but wont get to Orlando until 20:49, to get there for 6pm would cost me 422, so for the ake of a 75 gift card I'm not sure its worth it, i will be very dissapointed if i dont see fireworks on my birthday but the main thing is i am going, i can celebrate my birthday all week and i will be on property, not the same as fireworks though:mad:I'm sure i'll get over it lol. booking day is friday so lets see what happens in next couple of days.

have a few more details but will post them later as am off out. see ya soon x

raph_b
05-05-2009, 04:24 AM

I second that!

We went to Blue Zoo on our birthday and it was amazing, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It looks lovely outside and in, and the food is simply amazing.

I've got loads of pics which I'll post up when I get to that day of my TR :)

wicket2005
05-05-2009, 06:46 AM
So pleased you are happy.:)

Pinky166
05-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I second that!

We went to Blue Zoo on our birthday and it was amazing, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. It looks lovely outside and in, and the food is simply amazing.

I've got loads of pics which I'll post up when I get to that day of my TR :)

Thanks Craig....I will be back & probably have posted my trip report before you get around to your Bluezoo meal. :lmao:

Only kidding - I am definately going to book a meal there.. ;)

-----

Claire - so glad to hear you & Colin are back together - you two sound like you were made for each other. :lovestruc :love: :cloud9:

Hope your toe heels quickly. OUCH! :headache:

jockey
05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I do hope you get the flights you want at a good price :)

jackieleanne
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Fingers crossed for the flight. :) :wizard:Glad to hear good news about you and your OH, sorry to hear about you toe.

darthtatty
05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
hey Claire, just read all of your trip report so far.
it all sounds so fab :)

really hope you can get the best flights you want :goodvibes

wils
05-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Glad things are coming together :)

arieljasmine
05-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi honey

Just caught up with your pre-trippie and so pleased to hear that things are good again with you and your OH.

Your trip sounds like just what you both need. How exciting to be showing someone else WDW for the first time.

I love love love the Pop. It is home at WDW for me. And I always tell people that the Pop has the friendliest CMs I have ever encountered in any of the resorts :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing, will look forward to more :hug:

Laur's xx

jen_uk
05-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Pleased to hear things are all good with you again :hug: Hope you managed to book your flights today :wizard:

mandymouse
05-09-2009, 06:21 AM
It sounds like it's all coming together nicely Claire. :wizard:Good Luck with your flights :)

thelittlemermaid83
05-15-2009, 04:39 AM
Wow how did i miss your PTR Claire (hug)

I'm so happy for you and i hope you have a truly magical time!

fizz13
05-15-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi everyone, thanks again for all your lovely comments and well wishes for our trip, and was so nice to see so many of you at the meet. i had a brilliant time and it was just what i needed, think i have been out of the dis boards loop for long enough!
I have so much to tell you all:goodvibes Lets start with flights. as you may recall my in-laws are taking the children camping, and i thought it was all well and truly sewn up. when i rang to get confirmation before booking flights they informed that actually they hadnt booked yet and could i hold on?!! And so i spent way too many hours flight watching, and a very anxious day where i watched united drop thier prices dramatically to 316 from what had been 434, i was all set to book us airways as they had come up cheapest over and over again, but i loved flying unitd before, they knock spots off virgin in every way so if i could bag united instead i would be very happy. the flights went up the next day and again i sweated it out, hoping my in-laws would get on with it. at one point i was just going to book as all of the flights started creeping up, and again i frantically called. nope, i needed to hold on some more.
2 days ago i spotted that united had once again dropped to 316, a big saving considering us airways were showing at 375. finally last night i got the green light, the flights stayed at 316 and i got my wish:goodvibesi got my low price and my airline of choice. i think all your pixiedust helped no end so thankyou very much:hug:
flight details are taking off at 7:45am from heathrow, via washington, landing at MCO at 5:43pm, which is lovely as i will have time to get to Magic Kingdom and pick up my birthday gift card, MK is closing at 10pm that night, with Spectro at 9 and wishes at 10. yep i am getting fireworks on my birthday!!:cheer2: Coming back flights are nice too. leaving at 6:30pm so i have a whole day to play with, flying via washington and landing back at heathrow for 10:05am:goodvibes oohh i am a happy bunny! drama over!

August hours were finally published and i have been tweaking and playing about with my itinerary. Colin (my OH) is trying to be tolerant but he asked the wrong question the other day which poor him, landed him a 15 minutes speil about adrs, emh, fantasmic etc. he eventually put his fingers in his ears and went la la la:rotfl:i dont blame him. and i am trying to be very careful not to over disney him before we even get there. but in know he is listening and paying attention and he will appreciate it all when we get there. and he is already very grateful for me saving him 60 with my savvy flight hunting;)

so itinerary tweaking. along the theme of not over disneying him i have been thinking about how to show him more than just rides and parks. normally when i take a wdw trip i dont actually leave property for a week, 10 days and that suits me fine, but i am not sure its fair to inflict that onto him. colin loves cars, watersports and shopping, in fact he loves shopping way more than me, i think i missed the girly shopping gene:cool1:. so i was thinking how to fit it all in, i have left good gaps in our plan for the week, but sadly i am about to fill them up. bless him, i hope he wasnt planning on sleeping in:lmao:

so heres the revised plan with some new exciting extras:

22- flight landing 5:43pm. get towncar to POP (have decided i will have no patience for ME:lmao:). drop everything and go to MK for Spectro, Wishes and i have to ride Splash Mtn, i am the birthday girl after all;)

23- AK and tusker house breakfast. evening at Ohana and Poly, maybe a mini monorail tour.

24-have booked morning of watersports at Sammy Duvall watersports centre at Contemporary, would do parasailing but colin hates heights, but jetbikes, rings etc:cheer2:. go get changed for afternoon at world showcase, late lunch at tokyo dining, then we can snack later on and have drinks for Illuminations!

25- MK with Crystal Palace. rest and pool time. DS for mama melrose fantasmic package (reports of fantasmic scared me so am getting package). and then fantasmic. hoping to see Lights Moteurs Action last show.

26- Epcot future World with lunch at Rose and Crown. evening at Downtown Disney with dinner at Raglan Road, would do characters in flight balloon ride if colin can get over heights thing.

27-a day split with morning at Blizzard Beach and late afternoon at Premium Outlets. california grill then taxi ride to Boardwalk for exploring and maybe pop into Jellyrolls. never been so am curious, not late though.

28-DS day. Dinner at Boma then off to Old Town for Friday Night car drive by, i have to take colin to see this, had forgotten all about it but he will be in heaven. and he will love all the kitch tacky shops and silly rides. maybe get on the go-karts. if we have energy there is Epcot EMH that night.

29- pack up and hit whatever colin wants to, fav park, waterpark, whatever.
pick up about 4:30pm for airport.

so there you have it, its been tweaked, tuned, and refined. and yes it looks crazy busy and yes maybe we wont get it all done, but i am really pleased that i have managed to get in more stuff that i know he will love, and of course i will be having a ton of fun too. thats if we dont melt in the august sun and i dont pass out...i nearly did at DTD a couple of years ago, midday august sun waiting for a bus with no shade, yikes!
anyway, hope you enjoy and cant wait to update with my ADR times when i phone to book next week. oh yeah, one minor small additional detail for today:

:dance3::dance3:ITS MY DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY!!!!:dance3::dance3:

natalielongstaff
05-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Congrats on your DD dance :cool1::cool1:

I love your revised plans, you have something to suit both of you :thumbsup2

Pinky166
05-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Loving your plans Claire. I am sure Colin will appreciate all your crazy ramblings & planning when he is there. :laughing: ;)

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: YAY for your DD day!

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Great plans Claire :thumbsup2

:dance3: Happy DD Dance! :dance3:

arieljasmine
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
So pleased that your flights worked out so well. Your plans all sound so exciting.

Laur's xx

fizz13
05-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone,
well i thought I better come give a bit of an update seeing as I made my ADRs on Sunday, oh the drama. you should have seen me pacing the floor, i could hardly sleep the night before, i was so wound up over the recent reports, and with the new dining online system in place too with systems crashing etc...can you hear the hysteria, and this is 2 days later:rotfl: i had everything written down in my mickey notebook good to go, then remembered that i needed to pull my ressie no off my email so did that phew..then my grandfather turns up at 11am and says we need to go buy the kids a paddling pool, actually paddling pool is incorrect. its a 12ft monster of a pool with filter, pump etc:scared1: but really, 11am on my ADR day??!!!!! i keep calm, drive to toys r us, get everyone back and then make it clear that i could be on hold for an hour+, i need total quiet, with 3 kids sure, no problem:cool1: at ten to 12 i start to freak out mildly. i make sure i have my phone prompts written down to beat the hordes of other free diners about to make the same call, and i start dialling at 11:57, of course its not open yet. i hit redial about 6 times and bingo there is the fairy wand.

the prompts all go to plan and yay! straight through to a dining CM, no wait for me:dance3:yes i felt a little bit smug hee hee. of course this doesnt mean i got everything i wanted, no that would have been too smooth. california grill was not available for 3 different nights i tried which was such a dissapointment as it has the best sushi and it was the one Colin saw on the planning dvd that sparked his interest in the first place. i was flipping through in my mind, Narcoossees, citricos, artist point, flying fish...and went for artist point. i love the Wilderness Lodge, i have never been to artist point, for now its a good substitution..however i am still on a mission to get california grill.

The other one that was a no go was a Fantasmic dinner package at mama melrose, and that was for 23rd, 25th or 27th, all sold out, so I have taken hollywood brown derby on 25th as a package is a package but will keep trying for mama melrose. if i keep HBD then i will pay OOP, its not worth two credits. At the time I couldnt get Crystal palace but have just phoned disney dining back tonight and got an 8:25am. Not an 8am but close enough that i will turn up early and hope they let us in, rope drop is more important to me. touring commando? moi? :rolleyes1

So heres what I have and generally i am quite happy.

8/23: Tusker House breakfast 8:20am 1TS
8/23: Ohana 9:45pm (MK EMH is tonight till 1am so good place if we decide to go) 1TS
8/24: Tokyo Dining 2pm OOP
8/25: Crystal Palace 8:25am OOP
8/25: HBD fantasmic 3:50pm OOP
8/26: Artist Point 8pm 2TS
8/27: San Angel Inn 12:20pm 1TS
8/27: Raglan Road 8pm 1TS
8/28: Boma 7pm 1TS

Yes i know...i have too many ADRs for my credits and I reckon that i will end up paying about $100 on top for the 3 meals i am paying OOP, i have 3 days where i am eating in a table restuarnt twice. it does seem a little excessive. But it is soooo hard to pin myself to just 7 credits:confused3 to be honest i would have done without fantasmic package this year but Fantasmic is non-negotiable to me and i dont want to sit there for 2 hours either. 2 hours of sitting = $47..maybe not, oh i dont know:rotfl: the other one i may drop is Crystal palace, but we will see on the day. if colin reacts badly to the character dining at tusker house, and no i dont mean he will be scared:lmao:I just mean that it is a disney bridge too far for him to handle, then we wont do Crystal palace. But i have this gut feeling he is going to love every second. he is just winding me up calling mickey a giant rat:rotfl:You are messing with the wrong girl mister!

The other thing I have been up to is shopping, i am justifying new purchases with "oh that will be good for our holiday", "that will be perfect in that hot florida sun". Because i needed black sandals you know, white and gem silver are good, but black just goes with more;)and yes 4 summer dresses are necessary, in that heat i will need to change before i go out in the evening, and i dont need to look like a tourist all the time:lmao: i think its really nice to look slightly pretty when i am touring the parks, i like myself in photos a lot more in a summer dress than another vest top and denim cut offs shot! so yes i have bought shoes, i have bought dresses..i have also bought new makeup and tinted moisteriser with built in SPF, which is very funny as i hardly ever wear makeup:laughing:, I bought a new canvas mickey bag to carry stuff round the parks, again very funny as i generally just run with a camera and my key to the world, and hate carrying bags:laughing:its a very cute bag though!
Most important buy still to get is a new tankini. i have plenty of bikinis but i think it is time to hang up the triangles. When we grabbed a weekend away to the sun in february i wore a bikini and was horrified of the photos on our return. and i am not self conscious at all really, i think every size is gorgeous and i admire people who stand up proud the way they are. however to bare that much skin on my body is cruel to children, cruel to adults, cruel to the local wildlife frankly! I have had 3 babies, and with recent stress i am at my heaviest weight ever. again not too bothered except my clothes are rebelling and this is a problem. so i am going to try and lose a bit before i go, happiness is not found in picnic bars and peanut butter kit-kats I agree, but in the meantime, tankini it is. why not a swimsuit? weeelll i find that while they smooth over the skin, they also cause it to form the shape of the suit, which if you are round in front i think jsut makes you look bigger. the last time I put one on (about 6 months after i gave birth to my first child admittedly) they asked my ex when the baby was due:cool1:yeah swimsuits are not figure enhancing thankyou. now a tankini allows room for movement and the top if cut right will flare out a little bit, much more forgiving. And yes the BBC did ask me to replace Trinny but I had to decline due to other commitments:rolleyes1

Right i have wittered on quite enough for one night and i have an early date with the indoor soft play area tomorrow morning, 9:30am no less yikes! but its kind of a rope drop thing, any later and the line will be down the street and i dont do lines, not at disney and not for an overpriced play area:rotfl: be back soon xx

irongirlof12
05-27-2009, 02:10 AM
I don't think that you have too many adr's :rotfl: they are like shoes and handbags to a girl, you can never have too many.

plans sound really good.:cool1:

wicket2005
05-27-2009, 03:32 AM
Loved that latest update, made me smile. I could identify similar feelings myself.

jen_uk
05-27-2009, 04:15 AM
Great update! :thumbsup2

Chilly
05-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Glad you got most of what you wanted.

Snowy-girls
05-27-2009, 07:48 AM
All sounds fantastic to me :thumbsup2.Glad you+Colin are back on track,you are going to have such a fab time :cool1:.x.

fizz13
06-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone,
wow where does the time go? I cant believe that not so long ago I was celebrating my double digit dance and here i am at 60 days. Having said that the last 4 to 5 weeks have been drama filled to say the least round here, and it had temporarily put a downer on our trip and Colin had to question whether he would be able to come at all. let me explain.

Just under 5 weeks ago we had to call an ambulance for Colin's mum, she had ben having difficulty to breathe, i had been ferrying her to the hospital for different tests on her heart etc when one night it came to a head. She looked positively grey and couldnt breathe properly even when sitting up and still, and we made the call. And we were at a & e that night for 7 hours, yep we got home when the sun was coming up!:scared1:It was discovered that she had a very irregular heart rate and lots of fluid on the lungs as a result of this, and they were suprised she had not already had a heart attack. Over a couple of weeks further tests determined that she would need heart surgery to replace the heart valve as well as other things, which is all well and good except it took them another two weeks to find a spare bed at a specialist hospital. She finally had the surgery last saturday, and still not home as now her blood is clotting through the system and it would be too risky until they solve this. add to this that the hospital is an hours drive away, which is taking 3 hours out of colins day every evening, yes he goes every single evening without fail, and when she was closer i was visting every day. Sadly with the school run and visiting starting at 2pm I can only see her at weekends right now. But as you can imagine we are on a wheel of him working, visiting, me cooking for him and supporting him where i can, while i have been heading into the really busy season of end of school year stuff, shows, sports days, open evenings etc, and there seems to be a million weddings, birthdays. we are both seriously busy right now, but we are sneaking time here and there where we can, and my weekends off from the children are vitally important right now.
On top of this my grandfather will be going in for surgery on 5th july to unblock the artery in his leg, this has been pending for 2 years since his major heart attack. some of you will remember that i had to fly to Tenerife in an emergency 2 years ago as we thought he would not make it, well he did, he is a fighter. However we have been warned that in his condition this op will be very risky and we have to be prepared. He can choose not to have it but ultimately he would lose his leg, so this is to preserve his quality of life and he would not want to live the other way.
In between all this there have been weddings, concerts, school shows, hen parties to name a few, so you can see why I have been sidetracked:cool1:There are 2 main concerns hanging over the trip at the mo: everyones health and outcomes, and money. Colin is very concerned that he is not going to be able to manage financially in time for August. The extra expense of the last 5 weeks is suprising, and he would normally have his mum paying some of the household bills as they share all this, effectively he looks after her and it is his house but right now he is on his own. We dont know how long this will go on for. But the flight is paid for, the hotel balance will be paid on the 8th, we have free dining, i changed our booking from 8 day park hoppers to 1 day base so the balance has come down by $400 for 8th July, it is going to be spending money that is the problem.
I am sending tons of pixiedust out for the exchange rate to keep rising as it is really helping right now.

Now lets get on with some positives..PHEW!!! yes there are some;)

How many of you have been playing with the online ADR system? me me me!! i know my ADRs were booked but I still hadnt got California Grill, I wasnt happy with some times, so I fiddled. and not only did I fiddle, I changed, tweaked, added, subtracted..after I figured out how to put in the right phone number and confirmation numbers that is. wow it wound me up!!Then i felt really stupid when i realised the errors i had made:rolleyes1 But i have a lineup i am much happier with now.
And as "on a budget" now means "super tightening of belts till you cant breathe" I have had to eliminate watersports, a shopping day and Old Town..for now anyway till we know where we are. I have swapped my days around a bit to get better ADR times, yes i know its only food and I shouldnt be dictated by it..but lets be honest i really really like food:lmao:I am also even further over my dining plan credits and will be eliminating some sooner to the time. I am also planning to phone up and book the new fireworks dessert party at magic Kingdom for the night we get there, it will be like having my own little birthday party on the actual night:cloud9: Oohh and a little DIS meet has been arranged at the Rose and Crown, as well as plans to meet up with my best friend from school who lives out there now. Btw she runs a realtor business in Orlando so if any of you are interested in property I know just the girl:cool1:
To keep me sane I have been perfecting my touring plans for the parks and i am very proud of myself, i have even gone so far as to do one for World Showcase incorporating the times for the entertainment acts i want to see, now that is dedication, and slightly nuts ahem:rolleyes1

ooh yes heres a question for some of you: I was going through my disney draw the other day, its where i collect mini souvenirs, like stickers, badges, thinsg from the hotels i have stayed at there, maps i got at checkin, even napkins from the restaurants:lmao: and i came across two old Universal park tickets from 2004, and i know they had 1 day left on each of them, these were back when they were non-expiring, you just purchased the days. i know disney honours old days but does Universal? answers on a postcard please.

Finally, i will leave you with my updated list of ADRs and very brief plan of attack, as it has changed a bit.

22/8- arrive, MK night, Spectro and Wishes, fireworks dessert party

8/23- AK day, 8:20 Tusker House breakfast, dinner at Boma 8:35pm

8/24- morning by the pool, World Showcase 1:40pm Tokyo Dining, DIS meet at 5:30 Rose and Crown and British Invasion, Illuminations

8/25- MK day, Crystal Palace breakfast 8:25, hop over to DS for Hollywood Brown Derby package 3:50pm and fantasmic

8/26- day off, dinner at California Grill 9:20pm (wishes is at 10pm so this was a happy fluke)

8/27- Epcot day, San Angel Inn lunch at 12pm, dinner at Ohana 9:10pm

8/28- DS day, lunch at 50s prime time 12:20pm, evening at DTD, dinner at Raglan Road 8:30pm

8/29- home day, but not picked up till 6:30pm

Hugs and pixiedust to all xx

jjk
06-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh claire what a stressful time for you both, sending a ton of Pixie dust for your grandad and Colins Mum:wizard: and a big hug for you:hug:

I hope everything settles down for you hun x

SusanEllen
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
You're all set. All you'll have to do now is show up at the airport on time. Once you're in Orlando, Disney will take it from there. I imagine that the planning and re-planning was a bit more trying than usual with all that's been going on with medical emergencies and hospital stays, but I trust that the planning was also a respite from the stress. Best wishes for Colin's mother's recovery and a successful outcome for your grandfather's surgery. Hope the upcoming FL trip will give you a happy break.

Chilly
06-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Big hugs to you :grouphug:

CustardTart
06-24-2009, 04:17 AM
Claire, I am crossing everything that it all works out for you guys!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about your Grandad and Colin's Mum - talk about spinning plates at the moment!!!

You both need this trip so I'm sending you plenty of pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:... Hope that helps... xxx

natalielongstaff
06-24-2009, 12:55 PM
oh hun :hug: keeping my fingers and toes crossed that your finances come up trumps xx

fizz13
07-29-2009, 05:59 AM
omg omg i am going to disney world in 3 and a half weeks!!!!!! The closer I get the slower the time seems to be going and the more obsessed I am getting, I keep looking at the suitcases in the garage rafters and negotitating with myself when is a resonable time to get them down. I am thinking more carefully about what clothes i am putting on every day, thinking i might want to take it so probably best to leave it clean:lmao: and i have been going to bed stupidly late as i keep getting caught up with disney world videos on you tube:lmao:Btw if you have time put "disney world unwrapped" into a you tube search, its a behind the scenes look at all the food of disney world, the wedding cakes make you want to cry, incredible work!

As i suspected the money is going to come together with about a week to spare, I worked out I need to take $1000, colin cant understand why I need so much so i broke it down for him and he finally got it. $400 to upgrade 1 day base tickets to 7 day hoppers (1 day we are not touching a park:scared1:shocking i know), $90 for blizzard beach tickets, $260 for extra food and drink costs (breakfasts, tips, couple of extra meals, any starters and alcohol we may want as extra to DP) and that leaves about $250 for souvenirs and pressies for the kids. See it gets eaten up fast. Colin has already given me his money for tickets but I had bills to pay which had to come first. It will all work out in the end. Anyway i have $100 already on fairfx card and the remaining $900 is about 555.

To help it along I went a bit ebay mad and have listed my snowglobes, pins and pocket dragons I had, most items have people watching and there is 6 days to run. I reckon i will make about 100 from that lot. To be fair i wont miss these items, i have so many disney ornaments, jewellery and nik naks that I cherish far more, and Colin has been so thoughtful buying me little bits here and there that i still have a really ncie collection. On the ebay subject Colin totally shocked me a couple of weeks ago by buying himself a tigger baseball jacket, this from the man who showed no inkling of disneyitis:scared1:I asked him when he was planning on ever wearing this out and he said that he couldnt go to disney and not have an item of disney clothing. i pointed out that if he wore that in florida august sun he may pass out but he seems quite chuffed with it still. I may have released the inner disney child in him after all:woohoo:

anyway, back to cost cutting. i cancelled 4 meals this week, and bless the CM, she did ask me a couple of times if i was sure i wanted to as i sounded so reluctant on the phone, she counselled me through it like a best friend:lmao: and one of them was the fantasmic dinner package:scared1:yes i know, i went on and on about how vital fantasmic is to me. But HBD was 2 credits and i was really resenting using 2 credits on a meal i didnt particularly want based on a show. So now I will have to take my chances with the masses, yikes! I do have 50s prime time for dinner that day though which i am thrilled about, that pot roast is my fav entree in the whole "world". I also snagged a Le Cellier lunch instead of San Angel Inn, a very yummy upgrade. So I have ADR wise:

Tusker House breakfast
Boma dinner
Tokyo Dining lunch
Crystal Palace breakfast
50s Prime Time dinner
California Grill dinner
Le Cellier lunch
Ohana dinner
Raglan Road dinner

Tokyo Dining was always going to be OOP, we just order sushi by the piece and the two character breakfasts are OOP as they are the cheapest, ooh so much yummy food to look forward to.

The show times for August were released, most of them anyway, so i have been able to revise my itineraries with military precision. I know this sounds insane but it really helps my inner control freak to know i am aiming for an 11:15 finding nemo, a 1:30pm lion king show..oh jeez i need therapy:confused3

The towncar has been cancelled in favour of ME, we have sorted a lift to the airport and back and saved hotel and parking costs (which is very nice of our friend to do so considering we need to be at heathrow at 4:45am!), i think any way i could have cut corners on this trip i have done it now:lmao: and i am just focused on the vision of going through the MK turnstiles on the night of August 22nd, with my birthday gift card in hand and striding into guest services to get my birthday badge. And standing on Main St with the one i love, Wishes going overhead and thinking, we made it, we did it, we are here.

I just have no patience to wait any more:dance3:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2664/185/94/661186057/n661186057_2010432_3292596.jpg

Please excuse the bottom of the photo, it was fancy dress and Colin went out dressed as Sylvester the cat...yes really:lmao:

natalielongstaff
07-29-2009, 06:50 AM
Great update hun and a lovely piccie of the two of you xx

Pinky166
07-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Just caught up on your last few updates, I can't believe how quickly your trip has come around. I'm so glad you managed to get Cali Grill, we are trying it for the first time in September.

How is Colin's mum & your grandad now? Hope they are both better. :hug:

Good luck with your ebaying....I hope you get lots of spending money. :wizard:

fizz13
07-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Great update hun and a lovely piccie of the two of you xx

Thanks hun, colin is very camera shy so its rare that there is one of me and him together:cool1:

Just caught up on your last few updates, I can't believe how quickly your trip has come around. I'm so glad you managed to get Cali Grill, we are trying it for the first time in September.

How is Colin's mum & your grandad now? Hope they are both better. :hug:

Good luck with your ebaying....I hope you get lots of spending money. :wizard:

Hi hun, Colins mum is still having problems with the wound on her leg from the procedure and its still leaking fluid daily, making her miserable. the nurse comes daily to change dressings but she is quite reliant on colin which is draining. My grandfather came out of hospital last week but needed a blood transfusion and since he has been home is still very weak and may well require another one in the next couple of days. I have not been able to spend nearly as much time as i would like with him since the school holidays started. However the artery is now much more oxygen efficient and when he does get on his feet he is much more stable. he is a fighter and amazes everyone with his determination to get better.
Good luck with Cali Grill, I am overjoyed that i managed to snag this one, and fingers crossed for the ebaying. Every time i go in the garage i spot something else to put online so will just keep at it till the last minute :goodvibes

mandymouse
07-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Great update Claire, you're going to have a fab trip :thumbsup2 Great ADR choices too hun ::yes::

Goofysmate
07-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Great up date Claire . Hope all things sell well for you on ebay.:thumbsup2

fizz13
07-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Great update Claire, you're going to have a fab trip :thumbsup2 Great ADR choices too hun ::yes::
Thanks Mandy, I cant wait for all that good eating:goodvibes

Great up date Claire . Hope all things sell well for you on ebay.:thumbsup2
Thanks very much, seems to be going well at the mo, fingers crossed;)

gemmybear83
07-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Lovely update and its fab you got Cali Grill! :banana: Were going for our anniversary for the first time :cloud9:

I wouldnt worry about the fantasmic package - if there are too shows on go to the second one its meant to be a lot quieter:thumbsup2 Were not getting it either, I didnt fancy any of the restaurants, and would be gutted if it weas cancelled after all that due to bad weather:eek: plus I don't think much of the reserved seating area. Prefer to take a pizza and cookie from counter service, get there early and get great seats in the centre of the stadium :thumbsup2

fizz13
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Lovely update and its fab you got Cali Grill! :banana: Were going for our anniversary for the first time :cloud9:

I wouldnt worry about the fantasmic package - if there are too shows on go to the second one its meant to be a lot quieter:thumbsup2 Were not getting it either, I didnt fancy any of the restaurants, and would be gutted if it weas cancelled after all that due to bad weather:eek: plus I don't think much of the reserved seating area. Prefer to take a pizza and cookie from counter service, get there early and get great seats in the centre of the stadium :thumbsup2

Thanks hun. I am hoping for 2 shows as well but not very common at the end of August, and you are right about the weather, i would be highly annoyed, the same thing happened on the girly tour, rained out after paying for the dinner package. will be going 90 minutes before and aiming for the opposite end to the reserved seating, i did like the view there more.

STOP THE PRESS: MINI UPDATE:confused3

i can't believe I am writing this after thinking everything was going so well this morning but Colin phoned me earlier to say his mum has been diagnosed with MRSA!! Not only that but the firm he works for lost 2 big contracts this week and his job may be hanging in the balance:scared1:
so now i am on the edge. If his mum can get well, if he keeps his job over next couple of weeks then he can go. If his mum does not improve enough he wont leave her. if he loses his job then money problems suddenly are very dire and he wont be coming.
I dont want to panic, obviously priorities have to be what is above, and things most of the time have a way of falling into place, but right at this moment I feel like having a selfish tantrum, and screaming "ITS NOT FAIR!!"
I feel like this trip is cursed to be honest. will keep you all informed

mandymouse
08-05-2009, 05:04 AM
Any updates on Colin's mum Claire ? Is there any improvement ? I hope so :wizard:

disney_princess_85
08-05-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm so sorry Claire, I hope everything works itself out. Let us know what's going on. :hug:

Snowy-girls
08-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Oh dear,you have been having a rough time lately :hug:.I hope it all works out for you,not long to go now :banana:.x.

fizz13
08-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Ok disney fever has finally set in, things are looking so much more positive around here and I am starting to think that this trip is really really going to happen:woohoo:
firstly Colin has made the definite decision that he is coming:cheer2::cheer2: The suitcases came down from his loft on Sunday, he is asking me about the right thing to pack, and looking for an Ipod for the plane journey. And definitely asking the right questions, meal plans, a bit more about the rides, he has taken on board that we are going to 2 character breakfasts:lmao:, very impressed that i am taking a whole day away from the parks, and sorting out transport to Heathrow. I am allowed to be talking about the trip as a him and me trip:goodvibes
I made it to $1000!! I cant believe i did it but i did!! i had a very good ebay sale and made 180 which helped so much, and more than that a real sense of acheivement. Now i can drink my cocktails, get the kids their Goofys Candy Company treats and pay for those extra meals. What a relief:yay:

Tonight I put together my Disney planning folder finally, its all printed out. from front to back we have: e-tickets for plane, ABTA confirmation invoice, travel insurance, my disney fully paid confirmation reservation, a map of Pop Century, my customised maps of the parks from disneyworld.com, my plan for the week (which is a day by day breakdown of which park, EMH for that day and meals) and a smaller timetable version for at a glance,my ADR list with ressie numbers and my park touring plans including show times. In the past it has included print offs from the Steve Soares site and menus, but to be honest i sort of have memorised what i will be ordering, and i hardly ever carried the exact show times with me anyway so i didnt see the point:cool1:

My Ipod has been cleared and sorted with only music i actually want to listen to and has room to store the latest podcasts i will download for the plane. i am washing and ironing like a demon so it is all there to choose from. Its not me thats hard to pack for, its the kids, as they are camping in Dorset for the week and goodness knows what the weather will do so they are going to need a bit of everything. They are under order now to only wear what they dont want to take with them. Actually cara has been packed for a week already:lmao:

So the plan for this week is to get the bills sorted, attack the garden, get the school supplies and get the kids packed. Then next week the house is getting an intensive super clean from top to bottom (why I feel better doing this before I go i dont know, but I guess its so i dont walk home to a list of chores) and get me packed. We all have to be ready to walk out of this house at 6pm next friday, drop the children off at their grandparents, have a nice dinner with colin and his mum, and I may slug a large glass of wine to sedate me:cool1: We have to leave at 4am for Heathrow:scared1:saturday morning to get there for around 4:45am, and flight at 7:45am.

I did notice a slight oversight tonight when I was going through the flight details. I am going to be in Chicago airport for 3 and half hours between flights. I had it in my head it was an hour less for whatever reason. Its not the end of the world I guess, its a really nice airport and we will land 10:30 their time, take off at 14:07, so we will grab a meal, explore the stores, i dont think i care actually as i will be with Colin:cloud9:i know that sounds sickly but whereever we are we have fun and i am sure we will have a mini airport adventure:rotfl:

anyway i better get some sleep, its just so hard as i am already at that stupidly excited stage:dance3:

OOOHHH nearly forgot, i am going to do online checkin tomorrow, now i really wont get any sleep, aye curumba:headache:

Goofysmate
08-12-2009, 01:32 AM
So pleased that it's all come right for you in the end Claire after the last few weeks :thumbsup2

Not long now :yay:

irongirlof12
08-12-2009, 02:08 AM
fab news, glad that it's all coming together for you :hug:

jockey
08-12-2009, 02:09 AM
So pleased things are finally looking good for you :) You plans sound great. I also do the super clean think too...what is with that, it always makes me feel good :)

You sound so organised with your planning folder too:)

Pinky166
08-12-2009, 02:47 AM
:dance3: Woo Hoo I am so pleased that it's all on track for you both!

Not long to go! :cheer2:

jjk
08-12-2009, 02:51 AM
fab news Claire :woohoo::yay::woohoo::thumbsup2

gemmybear83
08-12-2009, 04:39 AM
:banana: not long to go now

thelittlemermaid83
08-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Not long to go now Claire! Really excited for you :)

BRobson
08-12-2009, 06:16 AM
Really excited for you Claire - I can feel your excitement :goodvibes

I am 2 months out and last night I had a nightmare that we hadnt done our ESTA forms but somehow we managed to get there but for some reason had run out of time and I just remember crying cause I hadn't got to go to disney :scared1:

Danwell
08-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Sounds like your on for a great, and much deserved, trip

disney_princess_85
08-12-2009, 07:52 AM
Yay! :yay: You sound sooo excited!! I'm so glad it's worked out for you.

CustardTart
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Oh Claire, I was so worried that it wouldn't all come together in time - needless to say, I'm beyond pleased for you and Colin!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: You are going to have the best time with your man and come back all re-fizzed... Have a blast, hun - I look forward to hearing the details (well, most of them ;) ) upon your return... xxx :goodvibes

suzycute
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I can't believe I have missed your pre trip report!
I have just read through from start to now - and what a rollercoaster ride it's been!
You SO deserve a wonderful Disney trip after all you've been through!
I hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back! :thumbsup2

fizz13
08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Really excited for you Claire - I can feel your excitement :goodvibes

I am 2 months out and last night I had a nightmare that we hadnt done our ESTA forms but somehow we managed to get there but for some reason had run out of time and I just remember crying cause I hadn't got to go to disney :scared1:

Oh hun, disney dreams and nightmares are the worst! Look at my tag:lmao:that was one of mine a few years back. I did have one last night and it involved colin and the yeti:scared1: at least it was a dream.

too many people to reply to but I want to thank all of you for reading and positive thoughts and well wishes. i feel like I am bouncing constantly with the excitement at the moment, and with colin phoning 3 times a night to check on making sure he is packing right, and talking about cameras, explaining what a "rope drop" is:lmao: and trying to define the dress code of the California Grill for him (not an easy task) it just all seems so real and wonderful and eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

I did my online check in today, then had to redo it as colin insists we need a fridge at Pop. he is in shock he will not have access to a coffee maker, but has decided to bring his own tea bags, and his travel mug!:rotfl:I explained about refillable mugs and he will be buying one but transfering it to the travel mug, home comforts and all that I guess, but its a small price to pay to have him at rope drop. Gave myself another fright today by checking availability for our dates and it appears that every moderate and value is sold out:scared1: Free dining is a blessing and a curse! thank goodness I am an A type planner with ADRs and tour plans, I am a tad concerned about crowd levels now. They have upped the Fantasmic shows to 2 a night on the select nights but there are so many horror stories about stampedes and lines forming 180 minutes before...oh stop stressing woman:cool1:

anyway, ahem...thankyou for reading, i will try not to combust by next saturday in my excitement..I just cant wait!!!!!:hug:to all of you

and its after midnight...drum roll please.....

SINGLE DIGIT DANCING!!

:jumping1::jumping1:party::dancer::dancer:party::j umping1::jumping1:

CustardTart
08-12-2009, 06:24 PM
I'll dance!!!
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/cheztaylor/Greetings/BananaRow.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/cheztaylor/Greetings/BananaRow.gifhttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s84/cheztaylor/Greetings/BananaRow.gif

jjk
08-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Morning Hun, I too am soo excited today, we all got up this morning whooping and hollering :goodvibes
i will certainly join in a singe digit boogie :banana::dance3::banana::woohoo::dance3::woohoo::b anana::dance3::woohoo::banana:

Snowy-girls
08-13-2009, 09:46 AM
I will have a boogie with ya :banana: :dance3: :banana: .x.

Pinky166
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Let's dance.......

:dancer: party: :jumping1: party: :dancer:

wideeyes
08-15-2009, 11:12 AM
I hope you have a fab trip Claire, it is well deserved.

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

Danwell
08-15-2009, 11:21 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

fizz13
08-16-2009, 07:22 PM
well I think the excitement is getting to me as its 1am and I am wide awake. Or i am sub-consciously in training for another time zone:lmao: the last 2 days i have become obsessed with storm tracking, first Ana threatened my birthday, then Bill, which btw we are not out of the woods yet as it is too far out really to tell, but it looks to be heading more north and out. the forecast is looking all sunny again. but even i know it wouldnt be august without that afternoon thunderstorm. rain i dont mind, but please dont let fantasmic be rained out.:confused3
i am a tad annoyed at the moment. our flight is at 7:45am next saturday, which means 3 hours before checkin is 4:45am. of course no one wants to drive us at silly o'clock so i have again been looking at hotels etc. however colin feels it is a waste of money and that we should just get dropped off at midnight, 1am, and wait it out:scared1: I am not impressed!
1) i like my sleep
2) if i have to sleep at heathrow i want comfy chairs and its not like i can check in and go through at that time
3) i found Yotel, which is a japaneese style cabin room setup in terminal 4, 25 for 4 hours, not bad right? you cant get a shuttle from terminal 4 to terminal 1 before 5:30am
4) colin doesnt want to go to sleep at all as he doesnt want to have to wake up at 4am so I am now being punished and thwarted with every new plan ggggrrrr.

I think i can safely say that this will be the longest birthday in history. if i dont go to sleep the night before the flight, and dont sleep on the plane, and if i get to Spectro and Wishes that will be potentially 44 hours with no sleep:scared1: i wish i could say that i would sleep the flight away but i think once in my 30 years have i ever been able to sleep on a plane, i try but i just cant. i am worried and a bit peeved now. anyway rant over..

I still havent started packing and realistically i only have tomorrow and friday day to do it. tomorrow night is karaoke, tuesday is visiting michelle in kent, wednesday is late birthday shopping for dean and school supplies, thursday is a day out with caras class and the mums. so that leaves friday. whoops! I can feel the panic and hysteria setting in already. i bet thats why i'm wide awake actually:cool1:

right, better sign off. I have a feeling the next 5 days are going to fly by, which may be a blessing so i dont wear out the carpet pacing and waiting to go;)

fizz13
08-16-2009, 07:27 PM
oohh almost forgot to mention my grandparents suprised me with $300 today and my mum has added $100 to the pot, so they have in effect paid for our park tickets. :woohoo:I think a trip to the Premium Outlets may be in order, I havent been in years and now I get to blow $400 there, woo-hoo!!!!
really logging off now:rotfl:

BRobson
08-17-2009, 06:24 AM
The yotel is supposed to be very good and at 25 cant be bad!!! Let Colin sit in the corner and read a book and you can have the bed and get a couple of hours - at least you are not sitting in a terminal waiting it out.

We have a 5 hour wait between flights on the way home and were considering the Yotel :goodvibes

Danwell
08-17-2009, 01:43 PM
$400 Way to go!

fizz13
08-17-2009, 04:08 PM
The yotel is supposed to be very good and at 25 cant be bad!!! Let Colin sit in the corner and read a book and you can have the bed and get a couple of hours - at least you are not sitting in a terminal waiting it out.

We have a 5 hour wait between flights on the way home and were considering the Yotel :goodvibes

The Yotel looked really interesting in its concept as well as price, it gets varied reviews on trip advisor but i would give it a go. Colin is making a decision at the mo about what the final plan will be:cool1:

$400 Way to go!
Thanks, I am so chuffed with my family, very handy having a birthday to go with this trip;)

strawberry blonde
08-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Family stayed at the Yotel in February and loved it. They said they had a great nights sleep.

They also booked it for 4hrs when we landed at Gatwick as BA had cancelled their 10.45 flight back to Glasgow. As they were rebooked onto the 16.45, they had a couple of hours sleep and a shower and felt good as new.

Have a great holiday. You certainly deserve it. :yay:

jjk
08-19-2009, 04:44 AM
Hi Claire :wave2:

its getting so close now, did you and colin decide what you are doing on the Friday with the yotel?

cant wait to see you, just wanted to say have a safe flight and see you on Monday at Epcot :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

oh and

Happy Birthday for Saturday xparty:party:party:party:

fizz13
08-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Claire :wave2:

its getting so close now, did you and colin decide what you are doing on the Friday with the yotel?

cant wait to see you, just wanted to say have a safe flight and see you on Monday at Epcot :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

oh and

Happy Birthday for Saturday xparty:party:party:party:

Thankyou hun, there are days I totally forget its supposed to be my birthday on saturday:rotfl:i am so focused on this trip! Would you believe the final decision has still not been made:scared1: we are waiting on one friend to get back to us with a time that he deems reasonable to drive us, but Colin is steering towards just paying for parking now. he is determined he is not going to sleep on friday night as he thinks he wont wake up. I am just rolling with it and will sleep wherever i am be it on a Costa coffee sofa or in bed and get up:cool1:
But yes I am very excited about meeting you too and I just cant wait to get there now. The hurricanes and storms have gone their different ways and looks like we are going to have brilliant weather, maybe too hot, but its August, what did I expect?:lmao: see you in 5 DAYS!!!!! x

thelittlemermaid83
08-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Not long to go Claire, super excited for you!!

fizz13
08-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Not long to go Claire, super excited for you!!

aww thankyou honey. I am so hoping that one day you are gonna be able to get Kyra out there and then i can be super excited for you too. I cant believe its only 3 sleeps. I really must get my suitcase down from the loft:cool1:kids all packed, just me to go..big hugs and will bring back hundreds of photos for you to look at :hug:

btw was at riverside park yesterday and thought of you. x

Snowy-girls
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Will wish you a safe journey+a fantastic holiday+birthday now in case i don't get on to do so before you go.x.

jockey
08-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Great news about your birthday $$$$..happy shopping!:thumbsup2

VailaTigger
08-20-2009, 06:38 AM
Been following your pre-trippie from the beginning, with all the tears, frustrations, and laughter along the way!

SO PLEASED that it has all finally come together for you, and hoping you have an absolutely FANTASTIC trip!

Looking forward to your trip reports proper, and some photos. Give Tigger a hug from me :lmao:

fizz13
08-20-2009, 06:53 AM
Will wish you a safe journey+a fantastic holiday+birthday now in case i don't get on to do so before you go.x.
thanks very much Michelle, will be the longest birthday ever and the weirdest being on a plane but the end result is sooo worth it!:goodvibes

Great news about your birthday $$$$..happy shopping!:thumbsup2
thankyou, it will be very happy shopping, the Premium Outlets are back on the agenda, for once i have money to spend on myself:woohoo:

Been following your pre-trippie from the beginning, with all the tears, frustrations, and laughter along the way!

SO PLEASED that it has all finally come together for you, and hoping you have an absolutely FANTASTIC trip!

Looking forward to your trip reports proper, and some photos. Give Tigger a hug from me :lmao:

aaww thankyou so much, it has felt like a nail-biter for sure and I may not be able to relax till both of us are in the air but it seems to have akll come together now. we both seem to have exceeded our money targets which i never thought would happen, everyone's health has improved, we are both packed..it might actually really happen now:lmao: And I will be sure to tell Tigger that his hug came from you at my Crystal Palace breakfast:hug:

disney_princess_85
08-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Aww, I'm so excited for you! I love the time just before holidays, it's such a fab feeling. :goodvibes

Let's dance! :banana::banana::banana:

natalielongstaff
08-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Wow Claire, i can imagine how excited you are :cool1::cool1:

Happy Birthday for Saturday hun :hug:

Lizzybear
08-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh Claire you're really in the home straights now, try to bear the final couple of days wait... Soon be here :goodvibes :cool1:

fizz13
08-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Aww, I'm so excited for you! I love the time just before holidays, it's such a fab feeling. :goodvibes

Let's dance! :banana::banana::banana:

Love it, will join you in that dance:dance3::dance3:

Wow Claire, i can imagine how excited you are :cool1::cool1:

Happy Birthday for Saturday hun :hug:
Thanks so much Nat, excited is not the word:goodvibes

Oh Claire you're really in the home straights now, try to bear the final couple of days wait... Soon be here :goodvibes :cool1:

Arrgghh these 2 days have been killing me:cool1:but the kids go tomorrow about 5 and then its just me and Colin for the week. I'm sure i can get through tomorrow..if i can ever get to sleep tonight that is:lmao:

fizz13
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yep thats about how I feel right now:rotfl:

I am packed..really..truly...down to jewellery, makeup, hair bands, adaptor plug, 2 swimsuits, 4 shorts, 2 skirts, 2 dresses, 5 pairs of shoes, 11 tops, the Susan Veness book which i cant wait to use round the parks, ipod charger, blister treatments, suncream and much much more..and I still have space in my case to bring back the extensive list of goodies that the kids have compiled for me. They have been working on it for a couple of weeks and I have finally printed it off so they cant add to it any more..phew!!

The kids are all packed for their camping trip with a good mixture of warm and cold clothes, who knows what the weather will do in Dorset next week, and they are still being wonderful about mummy going on her trip, they are really happy for me in fact. and as they wont be with me for my birthday they have been giving me little treats. now considering they have very few resources they have made me a very proud mummy. They couldnt find an envelope for the card they made me so wrapped it in tin foil:hug:, they got me some heroes choccies, from their pocket money, but tipped them into a bread basket from the cupboard complete with paper flowers they made and table confetti to make them look nice, all wrapped in some disney wrapping paper they found. they couldnt find the sticky tape so tied it up with some sparkly purple elastic that was in the drawer. they all drew me pictures and stuck them up around the fireplace and tomorrow i am not to move out of bed so they can bring me breakfast. they are the cutest most thoughtful gorgeous babies anyone could ask for. Charlie, 5 , was the only one who had a slight wobble at bedtime that he wanted to stay with me, but he is very excited about camping too and as long as i bring him back goofy candy he will be ok he says;)

Colin has been txting all night. i think he packed and is now having packers remorse:lmao:should he bring his own towels with him? will 4 proper shirts be enough? i have emphasised the casual side of disney but I am also going to be very proud when I am with my 6'4" well dressed dark haired yummy boyfriend who wants to do all this for me, he wants to get it right so badly. He has even paid for airport parking now so that i can get some sleep, doesnt matter how small the gesture, he does these things for me and it means everything to me.

so the plan is: the kids are leaving at 5pm tomorrow, I will then go round and straighten the house quickly and run the hoover over, any last dishes etc, then colin will pick me up, sleep at his..if that is even possible:yay:.and alarm for 3am. leave the house at 3:30am to get to car park for 4:15am. bus to terminal for 4:45 check in and then my very long birthday!

7:45am take off to chicago
4:28pm (10:28am chicago time) land
7:07pm (2:07pm) take off to orlando
10:43pm (5:43pm) land in orlando

now if it goes to plan I should get to Pop by about 7pm on ME. I have done online check-in so all i need to do is upgrade our park tickets from 1 day base. then literally dump the stuff in our room, back to bus stop to get to Magic Kingdom, get my birthday gift card:goodvibes, get my birthday button, Philharmagic, Spectro at 9pm and Wishes at 10pm, say we get back to Pop for 11pm, that is 4am uk time so will most definitely be the longest birthday in history!!! I know its nuts but I just cant wait, no doubt i will make it through the whole night on pure adrenaline.

anyway, enough for one night. not sure if i will make it back to my pre-trippie before i go now but i hope all of you have a good week and i will be back sunday 30th with lots of piccies and lots to tell you all, woo-hoo!!!!! hugs to all of you who have wished us well and supported me through the last crazy 4 months, I always say you are my second family and i mean it:hug:

Bye bye, see you soon, and have a magical day xxxxxxxxxxx

fizz13
08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
a quick piccie from my early birthday celebrations 2 weeks ago at the Ice Bar, I know its totally not relavant but i do like seeing piccies of me and Colin together:lmao:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs136.snc1/5815_118927446057_661186057_2811552_5814023_n.jpg

Goofysmate
08-21-2009, 01:12 AM
It's a good piture Claire:thumbsup2
Your colin is rather tall ;)

CustardTart
08-21-2009, 05:58 AM
Oh Claire - I love your posts even if they always bring a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat... Your kids are sooo lovely but, as you reap what you sow in this life, it stands to reason their mum must be special too... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have a wonderful, magical time with the extremely tall guy in the fur-lined poncho - such a good-looking couple!!!

Karen xxxx

Natasha&Matt
08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
ooooo Claire he is a HUNK!! :thumbsup2 Have a great trip hun and a great birthday :) xx

Beth__WDW23/6/02
08-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Aww you both look lovely :)
He is very tall! dark and handsome (lucky you) :thumbsup2

Have a wonderful trip I am sure you will..:goodvibes

Pinky166
08-21-2009, 12:19 PM
Awww you bought tears to my eyes. Your little uns are just precious. :hug: I am so happy for you, you are going to have the most magical time together with your Prince. :love:

Can't wait to hear all about it, safe travels. xxx

jen_uk
08-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Not long now then!!! :yay: Whilst I'm sad that we are heading home I'm so happy for you that your trip has all come together :hug: I hope you have an amazing trip and that Colin falls in love with Disney as much as you are! :banana: Have a wonderful birthday :yay:

fizz13
08-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Thankyou everyone again:hug: and thankyou for the colin compliments, i think hes gorgeous but its nice when others see it too;)
well I am at colins, the kids are gone, we leave for the airport in a few hours and i honestly think i have everything, and remembered everything. bye bye for a week, see you all soon xxxxxxxxx

Cyrano
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
I hope you both have a wonderful time :goodvibes

thelittlemermaid83
08-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Claire i hope you have a super magical time! I cannot wait to here about it. Take care hun xxxx