PDA

View Full Version : Disney air/non-stop flight?

Eeyore18
04-26-2009, 08:08 AM
We booked air through Disney- mostly for convenience. We just got our flight information for our July 18 cruise. The flight down is perfect- we fly down the day before-nonstop-stay at CBR and head over next day. On the way home though, we have a layover in Atlanta. When we flew the last two times, they have been direct. What have other people found with their air? We really don't want a layover or pay the fee x five people for a change.
Thanks for replies!:upsidedow:banana:

kcashner
04-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I don't know what you're asking. You have accurately stated the choices. When you book air thru DCL, you agree to take whatever flights they assign. If you make ANY request (non-stop flights, leave before or after a certain time, etc.) that is called an "air deviation" and you pay a fee for each person for each deviation. It used to be $50, not sure what it is today.

I'm surprised that you have flight info for a July 18 cruise already! Without counting days here, are you at the penalty period? If not....immediately see what flights you can get on your own. If you have not entered the penalty period, you can cancel the DCL air with no penalties and book your own air. Do remember that the price you paid for DCL air included transfers, so add these to your calculations. OR choose to save some money and arrange either a rental car or a towncar service to get your group of 5 to and from port.

Olga
04-26-2009, 12:12 PM
We booked air through Disney- mostly for convenience. We just got our flight information for our July 18 cruise. The flight down is perfect- we fly down the day before-nonstop-stay at CBR and head over next day. On the way home though, we have a layover in Atlanta. When we flew the last two times, they have been direct. What have other people found with their air? We really don't want a layover or pay the fee x five people for a change.
Thanks for replies!:upsidedow:banana:

I have noticed fewer airlines operating non-stop from MCO northbound, most only had 1 per day. Check the airline site that you are booked on and see if there is an available non-stop from MCO to your destination at the time of day you wish to depart.

tvguy
04-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Non-stops often are too early in the morning for cruise passengers to make. And so many airlines now route as many of their flights as they can thru their hubs, that non-stops are getting rare.

Eeyore18
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
OK- so those of you...(are there any?) that book through Disney air mostly have had at least one stop over?

Olga
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Yes, nonstop can happen both ways if it's available and the times are right, worked for us via DCL. I have been looking lately and our ususal non-stops are not posted anymore. There is one going down but seems all the returns have a stop.

dylan'smom
04-26-2009, 07:23 PM
We fly LAX to MCO so has always been non stops, whether we book it or DCL does. But there really is a clear choice to take their flights or pay the deviation fee, of course.

Gosh that's early for July cruise -- DCL always assigns our air at 30 days. Gives you lots of time to consider other options, I would think. (?)

martinezfamily1126
04-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I strongly suggest you look at all of your options. I started with my trip at $10,000 usd. By looking into all of the things I was paying more for I slowly started shaving money off of the trip. Starting with 2 rooms instead of 1 th next witht the airfare. I called and found out I was paying $416 per person for no guarentee of a direct flight (even from NJ). I also was going to be charged $50 per per person flight deviation charge. And with 6 of us flying it was really expensive. It would have been $2230 for oour airfare. WE chenged to continental directly and I only paid $1250 for all of us to fly.

I know that they throw in ground tranfers but I m not staying at any of their hotels so it wouldn't work for me anyway. I am considering getting one way transfers for after the cruise and it will only run me about $175.

My advise is to explore all of your options.