PDA

View Full Version : DIS turns into Alaska Cruise - June 2010

mncherokee
04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Our story begins where our 1st trip to WDW ends. My family (DH, DS14, DD9 and DD2 - ages at time of travel) traveled with my DS scout troop and stayed in a house in Windsor Palms in June 2008. We went to WDW, but experienced what I called 'A Taste of Disney.' Because we traveled with a young toddler and a larger group, we weren't able to visit all of Disney we thought we would before we left... so I have had this longing to return.

Enter my mother... she wanted to treat me and my sister's family to a WDW vacation. We couldn't get dates together to go at the same time, but the fire had been lit again... :idea:

So, my DH and I have looked at schedules, crunched some numbers:teacher: and crossed our fingers and have booked our next trip to the World for Spring Break 2010 (end of March-beginning of April).

So far it is me, my DH, DS16, DD10 and DD4 (ages at time of travel). We have booked with Romancing the Mouse for a house in Windsor Hills. My parents may join us, but that has not been confirmed.

mncherokee
04-21-2009, 02:25 PM
DD3 is watching Disney Channel this morning... "Mom, I want to see that!" I look up and see Playhouse Disney onstage at Hollywood Studios. "We can see that when we go in March!" - Me "I'm going to catch a little bubble!" - DD3.

1st item to add to our itinery: Playhouse Disney at Hollywood Studios!

shordiebecka
04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
how cute! happy planning with things, can't wait to hear more details!

mncherokee
04-22-2009, 11:05 AM
So my DD3 has gotten out the Disney for Kids travel book and is looking at the maps of the parks. "Mom, this is how we get there." She also wants to have breakfast with June (Little Einstein's), Pooh and Mickey Mouse.... I don't think there is a meal quite like that. :rotfl2: But, I might be wrong. I just tell her... 'We are going in March.' That's a long way off for a little one!

mncherokee
04-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Since our trip isn't until next March, I haven't been doing much preparation for WDW yet. Today my 3 year old was putting cereal bars in a zippy bag. "What are you doing?" I asked... "Getting them ready to go to Disney so you can put them in your purse." she replied. Glad someone is on top of things! I wonder if they will still be good next March?:confused3

We are taking a trip to Nashville, TN in June.:car: We planned for this trip last week... staying at Gaylord Opryland, going to Grand Olde Opry :charac2: (my 9 year old is excited to see Carrie Underwood) and Country Music Hall of Fame and a trip to the Aquarium restaurant (this was the pick of the 3 year old). There is also a Disney Outlet :mickeyjum: at the mall where the restaurant is, so we are planning on going there as well.

mncherokee
05-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Last summer when we went to WDW, we drove from Minnesota to Orlando and made many, many stops on the way. One place we tried to visit en route was Nashville. All we saw during our trip last year was Econo Lodge. Although we had planned them, we eliminated visits to the Grand Old Opry and Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville. We just planned TOO MUCH on this trip.

We knew we couldn't do a trip to Orlando 2 years in a row, so we thought we would try again for Nashville this summer.

I spent this morning re-arranging my reservations for Nashville. We decided over the weekend we needed to scale back our hotel (Gaylord is pretty spendy)... we have settled on Hyatt Place Opryland instead (at least I will get Starbucks in the morning:surfweb:).

mncherokee
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
We have been talking about the possibility of camping on the way to Nashville. DH asks this morning 'Is there Camping at WDW?'

Now, you need to understand that DH LOVES, LOVES, LOVES camping:cloud9:. My idea of ruffing it is a 2 diamond hotel rather than a 3 diamond. (Yep, I like to live on the edge :laughing:).

I replied, 'Yes, there are nice cabins... about the same price as the house offsite.'

DH, 'No, I mean can you tent there?'

Tent... for a WEEK? sleeping on the ground after a day in the parks?:confused:

Me, 'Yes, at WDW you can do just about anything you want to do.'

Stay tuned... will DH talk me into camping at WDW? Or will we stay at the home in Windsor Hills...

Ah, maybe this planning is going to get interesting.

mncherokee
05-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I have been all over the DIS camping board...

We are leaning toward doing 1-2 days during our week to camp and do activities at Fort Wilderness.

DH is happy to be able to camp and fish. :lovestruc
I am happy we have the house for the full week as a backup. :lovestruc
The kids will love the Fort pool! :lovestruc

As Hannah says... 'It's the Best of Both Worlds!':music:

Won't book the camping until August when the actual rates come out.

I'll have to work on which days we are going where! That's the part I like!:love:

mncherokee
05-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Let me take the time to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day out there!

I thought you might want to know a little bit more about my family:

princess:Me (Lisa) - I have been a fan of Snow White for as long as I can remember. I grew up (and still live in Minnesota) so going to Disneyland or Disneyworld was just too far to consider. Most vacations as a child, I went to Chicago to visit relatives. Our trip in 2008 was my first visit to WDW... and I turned 40 later that fall!

pirate:DH (Eric) - He also was from a family that did not travel far for vacations. WDW last summer was the farthest he had ever traveled. Eric loves cars (he has a project Blazer in the garage) and camping. He didn't really want to go to WDW, but caught the magic when we were there and wants to go back!

pirate:DS15 (Andy - will be 16 at time of travel next spring) - Typical teenager. He is very into drama (he was just in Les Mis this spring!) Last summer, he went to the Bahamas with his Scout troop :boat:while we visited WDW, so he missed most of it. He did go one day with us to Hollywood Studios:wizard:. So, this will be his chance to see WDW.

princess:DD9 (Calista - will be 10 very soon! and at time of travel) Calista is a straight A student and will be getting a parakeet if she has straight A's on her final report card:woohoo:. She plays violin:charac2:, dances, sings, acts and enjoys every sport she tries.

princess:DD3 (Zoe - she will be 4 at time of travel) Zoe is an extremely independent toddler... but she is also mama's girl. She has been actively helping to plan this next trip :mickeyjum.

DH, Calista, Zoe and I traveled around WDW last summer with another Mom and SIS from the troop. I found it difficult to 1) actually see everything with the toddler (she was 2 1/2 at the time) and 2) try to get everyone on the same page to agree on our activities.:scared1:

When we returned, people asked us if we saw this attraction or went on that ride... the answer was the same... 'We wanted to but didn't quite get there':confused3

So, when I returned, I just felt that I had missed a tremendous amount of WDW. We clearly planned WAY TOO MUCH last time and had too many different tastes in the party to agree.

Next spring break will be our chance to see what we missed last time... and revisit some of the things we loved (like those sundaes at Ghiradelli:lovestruc).

All7OfUs
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Great start to your ptr; I'm especially enjoying your journey on the decision to camp! You should read my TR from last April. My sister and I camped at FW with our (collective) 7!!!! kids. We had a blast. There is soooo much to do there! AND you get a newly renovated pool with a slide. The campfire is too much fun, as well.

Can't wait to read more!

mncherokee
05-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Great start to your ptr; I'm especially enjoying your journey on the decision to camp! You should read my TR from last April. My sister and I camped at FW with our (collective) 7!!!! kids. We had a blast. There is soooo much to do there! AND you get a newly renovated pool with a slide. The campfire is too much fun, as well.

Can't wait to read more!

I am slowly warming up to the camping idea. Also, I realized that if we have a site at the Fort, we will be able to use Disney transportation to the parks. Something I didn't do last time since we were off site.

I think we are going to do some trial runs this summer for camping.

mncherokee
05-12-2009, 01:15 PM
We head to Tennessee to see the Opry in a couple of weeks (another stop we briefly saw from our 2008 WDW excersion!)

I have ordered the AAA camping books and we are looking at some KOA's to visit on the way down and the way back... as a test run depending upon the weather.;)

I'll report back on how it goes!

All7OfUs
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi Again!

I think you'll have a great time camping along the way! Just keep in mind that FW is THE BEST campground anywhere, and much, much cleaner and WAY more fun than anything you'll stay at elsewhere. So, if you have a good time in TN, then you should have a double good time at the Fort!

My parents and sis live in Bowling Green, not too far from Nashville. Beautiful area!

MinnieNurse
05-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Followed you over from my report. Cant wait to hear more about your plans. DH is also very interest in the cabins at FW. I am not completely sold on it. If it were cheaper like the camp grounds I might consider it, but he says its to far to pull our camper when you can fly it in 2 hours.

I am also really interested in your Tennesse trip. I have many fond memories from there. My Dad is from Kentucky, came to Texas in the military, met Mom and never went back. So every single summer of my childhood we drove to Kentucky for a 2 week vacation. The only fun part of it was getting there went to tons of neat places: Opryland (not open now), Dollywood, Loretta Lynn's ranch, Elvis's house, a bunch of different caves. I really would love to take DS one day.

mncherokee
05-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Followed you over from my report. Cant wait to hear more about your plans. DH is also very interest in the cabins at FW. I am not completely sold on it. If it were cheaper like the camp grounds I might consider it, but he says its to far to pull our camper when you can fly it in 2 hours.

I am also really interested in your Tennesse trip. I have many fond memories from there. My Dad is from Kentucky, came to Texas in the military, met Mom and never went back. So every single summer of my childhood we drove to Kentucky for a 2 week vacation. The only fun part of it was getting there went to tons of neat places: Opryland (not open now), Dollywood, Loretta Lynn's ranch, Elvis's house, a bunch of different caves. I really would love to take DS one day.

My SIS lives outside of Memphis, so we have done Graceland and Sun Studios. I am thinking we might do Mud Island this time in Memphis. My grandfather was originally from KY but met my grandmother in WV and we never really traveled to the area, but I really like it (must be in my blood). My DH and I both thought TN was BEAUTIFUL when we drove through to WDW last year. I am looking forward to TN... can't believe it's only 3 weeks away!:scared1:

I can't sell DH on flying. With 5 of us it gets $$$$. Plus you have to rent a car when you get there. I wish we had a camper. We have a boat, but can't really sleep in it.:lmao:

mncherokee
05-18-2009, 06:25 PM
So, a couple of months back when we were looking for a vacation for this summer, we saw that Carrie Underwood was at the Grand Olde Opry Tues June 9. I bought tickets, booked the hotel, DH requested the vacation time... all set. right?:thumbsup2

Well, since then we have found out...
My Niece has her graduation open house the Sat after the Opry... so, we just need to be home by Friday...

The church where DH and I met is having a farewell open house on Sunday before the Opry... we could leave Monday....

Then my DH gets an email on Friday for manditory meetings on Monday and Tuesday of that week :scared1:.... since his vacation is approved, he still could go, but would somehow need to get the info. Looks like it would be good if he could go to the Monday meeting. We could leave that afternoon and arrive in Nashville sometime on Tuesday.

Also, DS9 is auditioning for a play on May 30 and we don't know what the rehearsal schedule is going to be like.:confused3

And we seem to have less $$$ available for this trip then originally budgeted.:teacher:

We could postpone the trip until later... the Opry tickets are not refundable, but we could use the credit up to a year (maybe on the way to WDW).

I'm not even sure what I want to do at this point. The rest of our summer is so booked, we really won't have another block available to go anywhere. Our next available block is next Spring Break to WDW. :woohoo:

Why is it so difficult to go on vacation?:sad2:

MinnieNurse
05-18-2009, 06:31 PM
:hug: I hope things work out for you.

mncherokee
05-19-2009, 12:42 AM
:hug: I hope things work out for you.

Thank-you... I just have to laugh:laughing:... tonight I got an invite for my daughter to perform her dance routine on Sat the 13th... with a rehearsal on the 11th.

Hopefully we won't run into all these scheduling conflicts with the WDW trip next spring!:rolleyes1

All7OfUs
05-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Sounds like you're rolling with the punches pretty well! and you're right, why IS it so hard to get a way? Our lives are so crammed with every activity we can squeeze in, that it just really makes it hard! I do hope you can get away though! Sounds like you could use it with such a busy schedule! :guilty:

mncherokee
05-19-2009, 02:05 AM
I just looked to see if we could move our hotel reservations in Nashville... because CMA is that weekend, the room type we need (2 doubles) is not available.:lmao:

I think we need to stick to original plan or cancel all together... stay tuned for the decision!popcorn::

mncherokee
05-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Today my DH talked to his boss... since DH is the supervisor, he got the email regarding the manditory meetings while he is scheduled for vacation, but he isn't required since it is approved. His boss said, 'I was planning on you being gone.'... so, one hurdle passed.:thumbsup2

Our neighbor who will watch our dog, is going fishing the weekend we were planning on leaving.:rolleyes1 So, he said he would be back either Sat night or Sun. We are now thinking we could leave early Sun and drive straight through to TN (Our reservations in Nashville are Sun, Mon and Tues). Nice thing about this is that it will cut out one night of hotel $$$.:teacher:

DD9 seems more interested in TN than another performance for dance, so I think she is skipping that. :cheer2: If she really wanted to do it, we could go home straight from TN on Wed.:idea:

Slowly it is looking more promising...

mncherokee
05-20-2009, 12:12 AM
On another note...

My DH is warming up to the idea of flying next spring.:yay: If we can get the $$$ saved for airfare and car it's looking like a possibility.

How nice would it be to take a 2 hour flight and be to Orlando?:cloud9:

MeMom
05-20-2009, 05:52 AM
We used to drive all the time, but a couple of years ago, we got spoiled by flying. From here, it's a little over an hour and a half. We take the 6:30 a.m. flights, and we find ourselves sitting by a Disney pool a short time later, eating a snack, ready to hit a park. It happens so fast that it's a little unreal for the first few minutes!

On the way back, it's nice not to have an exhausted driver behind the wheel, along with a possibly cranky little one. This time there will be two little ones for us, so it'll be even better. The only drawbacks that I can see are having to work on someone else's time frame (getting picked up at a certain time for ME) and limiting what you bring back, since you only have so much suitcase space.

We're Tennessee folks, by the way. We live right on the fringes of everything you're going to see. I go to Opry Mills just to walk around sometimes, and hit the Disney Store, of course.

MinnieNurse
05-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Oh great, I say just make it happen. Vacation is good for the soul. :goodvibes

I dont know if you have Jet Blue going out of your airport, but if you do we got amazing rates from them for our August trip and you dont have to pay to check your first bag per person. We have alwasy flown American or Continental, but the Jet Blue rates were just too good to pass up.

My DS (10) would die to see Carrie Underwood. When he was smaller he thought her name was Carrie Underwear, so I still call her that and it makes him so mad. :rotfl:

mncherokee
05-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh great, I say just make it happen. Vacation is good for the soul. :goodvibes

I dont know if you have Jet Blue going out of your airport, but if you do we got amazing rates from them for our August trip and you dont have to pay to check your first bag per person. We have alwasy flown American or Continental, but the Jet Blue rates were just too good to pass up.

My DS (10) would die to see Carrie Underwood. When he was smaller he thought her name was Carrie Underwear, so I still call her that and it makes him so mad. :rotfl:

AHHH! We call her 'underwear' too!:rotfl2: Yep, my DH keeps saying we're going to the Opry to see 'Underwear!':rolleyes1

I'll have to check on Jet Blue.

mncherokee
05-20-2009, 09:50 AM
We used to drive all the time, but a couple of years ago, we got spoiled by flying. From here, it's a little over an hour and a half. We take the 6:30 a.m. flights, and we find ourselves sitting by a Disney pool a short time later, eating a snack, ready to hit a park. It happens so fast that it's a little unreal for the first few minutes!

On the way back, it's nice not to have an exhausted driver behind the wheel, along with a possibly cranky little one. This time there will be two little ones for us, so it'll be even better. The only drawbacks that I can see are having to work on someone else's time frame (getting picked up at a certain time for ME) and limiting what you bring back, since you only have so much suitcase space.

We're Tennessee folks, by the way. We live right on the fringes of everything you're going to see. I go to Opry Mills just to walk around sometimes, and hit the Disney Store, of course.

We are in MN... its over 24 hours of straight drive time to Orlando... in good conditions. Last time we drove to Nashville 1st day and the rest the 2nd day. We had flooding in IA and WI so we drove WAY out of the way to avoid it. We didn't get into Nashville until 10 at night (I think we left before 5 AM) and we got to the house in Orlando after 9 PM. REALLY long drive.

Any other (inexpensive!) must sees for the TN trip?

mncherokee
05-22-2009, 12:25 AM
I am getting creative tonight! I finally figured out how to do a ticker:surfweb:... and if you are lucky you can see both of them!:thumbsup2
Tennessee is looking more and more solid each day. DH and I agree that we REALLY need to get away. I am still uncertain if camping will be a part of this trip or not. :confused3 We may just do some weekend camping here in MN later this summer.

MeMom
05-22-2009, 05:40 AM
We are in MN... its over 24 hours of straight drive time to Orlando... in good conditions. Last time we drove to Nashville 1st day and the rest the 2nd day. We had flooding in IA and WI so we drove WAY out of the way to avoid it. We didn't get into Nashville until 10 at night (I think we left before 5 AM) and we got to the house in Orlando after 9 PM. REALLY long drive.

Any other (inexpensive!) must sees for the TN trip?

Maybe the Parthenon and Centennial Park?

There's the Wave Pool and a skate park right next to that on the Two Rivers exit right by Opry Mills.

Country Music Hall of Fame.

Nashville Zoo.

When you live around here, you don't really think about all the touristy things to do too much.

Too bad Opryland is gone. That would have been the perfect thing to do!

mncherokee
05-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Actually we would probably look to trade something or maybe sell something.

We found a 77 Dodge El Dorado Camper near our house tonight.:idea: Thinking a camper or pop-up might be a good camping solution. Just don't know about... safety:scared1:... I don't think they have seatbelts in the back of older campers and with the kids, I can't imagine traveling without them (although I remember many non-seatbelt trips as a kid:confused:)

mncherokee
05-25-2009, 11:44 AM
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

OK... I am getting myself psyched for our next trip. I need to stop thinking about WDW and focus on TN. (Anyone else have this problem when planning multiple trips???)

OK here is our TN trip as it stands today:

Sunday 6/7 - Leave MN and drive to Nashville. Arrive at Hyatt Place Opryland.
Monday 6/8 - Visit Country Music Hall of Fame:charac2:.
Tuesday 6/9 - Visit Opryland Resort, Opry Mills (dine at Aquarium restaurant), Grand Olde Opry :charac2:early show.
Wednesday 6/10 - ??? Upper Room tour and Worship Service, travel to Olive Branch, MS (outside of Memphis) to see SIS and family
Thursday 6/11 - HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY CALISTA!!!! ???Mud Island and her cousin's softball game that evening
Friday 6/12 - Return to MN

All7OfUs
05-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Your TN trip, is really panning out, and it looks like you have a very full time planned up! Good for you! My parents were just there yesterday shopping from Bowling Green, and said they really liked Nashville! You're going to have a great time, and it will certainly be just the kind of rest you need- sounds like you can really use it! ;)

WOW! It's coming up so soon!

mncherokee
05-27-2009, 12:59 AM
Your TN trip, is really panning out, and it looks like you have a very full time planned up! Good for you! My parents were just there yesterday shopping from Bowling Green, and said they really liked Nashville! You're going to have a great time, and it will certainly be just the kind of rest you need- sounds like you can really use it! ;)

WOW! It's coming up so soon!

Did they go to Opry Mills?

DH and I talked tonight... if gas keeps rising, we may need to cut out the visit to my SIS (the combo of gas and food for the extra days might push us out of budget:scared:).

Gas here is now $2.55... I have heard $2.69 in Chicago... anyone heard any higher?

All7OfUs
05-27-2009, 01:07 AM
I'm not sure... I'll try to skype call them tonight and ask. That would be a shame to not get to see your sister! I hope you don't have to cut that out.

mncherokee
05-27-2009, 01:14 AM
I'm not sure... I'll try to skype call them tonight and ask. That would be a shame to not get to see your sister! I hope you don't have to cut that out.
And my DD9 really wants to see her cousins. They are coming here later in the summer, but we usually don't get to see much of them when they do because they have both sides of the family here and usually are stretched pretty thin.

mncherokee
05-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Our local community theater is putting on the 'King and I' this summer.

So, DH, DS9 and I are auditioning :cool1:this weekend! Hoping to all get into the chorus, although "I can whistle a happy tune!":rolleyes1 who knows until we try!

If we get big parts, we may have to postpone TN until later in the summer. I am thinking it won't be an issue if we get chorus parts.

Excited :hyper:and nervous:scared:... more as the weekend auditions progress.

MinnieNurse
05-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Good luck on your auditions, that sounds like a lot of fun.

mncherokee
05-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Today... DS15, DD9 and I auditioned... DH wants US to get in, so he didn't audition. Only 3 men auditioned, so I am trying to get him to go tomorrow to try out to.

DS15 did really well... BUT he has all these Scouting trips planned:scared1:. I think he may be able to do 2 out of the 3 (but vacation would probably be out in June)

DD9 did ok. She sings well, but not loud. She looked so nervous. I am pretty sure she will probably be cast.

Then there is me... ok for adult parts there were probably about 15 women auditioning. But most were High School students going for the younger roles. There were about 4 older women and I thought they did better than me (although DS told me that he liked mine because I put emotion in it). I don't know if I will get in.:confused: AND it sounds like they might cast some women as guys parts (since they have more women)... I'm not sure if I want a guy role:confused3. I guess I was hoping for one of the wives.

Still don't know what we are doing with all of this:scared:. Maybe tomorrow brings more answers.

mncherokee
05-31-2009, 09:04 PM
Ok... so it looks like TN is postponed!

DH, DS15, DD9 and I all auditioned for 'King and I' at our community theater. We were all cast :). DH has a major role of Lun Tha and DS15 is Prince Chululongkorn. :woohoo::woohoo:DD9 is one of the princesses and I am a wife. :woohoo::woohoo:

I'm so happy they didn't leave some of us out... especially the kids. But this means that we will need to postpone our trip since the 1st rehearsals are when we are supposed to be in TN.

The cool thing about this is that since we will ALL be involved, this will be a summer vacation in itself. As DH said, 'Looks like we are going to Siam on vacation!'

AND if we decide that we are not going to TN later... that trip money can go towards the WDW trip in March... :teacher:

All7OfUs
06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Ohhh, this sounds like so much fun! Congrats to all of you- what a wonderful family project for a summer vacay! I'd almost rather do this than go to TN, for sure.

You'll have to post some pics of you all in costume when it's time

MinnieNurse
06-02-2009, 09:54 PM
:yay::yay:
Yay, I am so glad you all got a part. This will be a great way to spend time as a family. You can always do TN another time, it will always be there.

mncherokee
06-06-2009, 10:17 PM
So, I have officially canceled the hotel and postponed the tickets for the Opry. My SIS will probably use the Opry credit if we don't go to TN later.

We are all gearing up to 1st rehearsal on Monday :thumbsup2. DH is watching the movie AGAIN. We don't have a copy of the CD yet... I went to several local stores Wed looking for it and it is nowhere to be found:confused3. I will probably order one from the internet, but haven't yet.

Well, I have mixed feelings about my DH singing love songs to someone else on stage. I guess when I have seen plays or movies, I never really thought about how the DGF, DBF, DH or DW would feel about their significant other acting romantic toward someone else. Although, I will admit I really like HEARING him singing romantic songs :love:.:love:. And of course, he assures me its just ACTING and he also wishes that we had been paired together onstage.

This is going to be an interesting experience.

mncherokee
06-13-2009, 02:01 PM
We are one week into rehearsals for King and I. My songs are soooooooo high!:scared1: I am a solid alto and these are definitely higher soprano. I can sing them, but my throat gets scratchy... so practice practice practice. So far we have been working on music. Next week we start on the scenes and dancing :dance3:.

I have met some of the 'wives' and 'children' from the cast... including DH's love interest in the play. She is a music major and seems nice.

We enjoyed our 'staycation' this past week. Although, it was difficult since we were in town to disengage from our lives completely. We did make it into a used cd store one day... I could spend a LOT of time in a store like that. Also found a little romantic :love: time with DH. Seems this becomes fewer and far between because of schedules and children (anyone else seem to run into that?)

Oh, and DD9 turned 10 this week! Happy Birthday Calista!

Probably not much WDW planning until after King and I. Although we are trying to get park tickets paid for before August... (just in case they decide to hike the price this year).

MinnieNurse
06-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the update. I have been wandering how it was coming along.

Free time for what? Romance? Whats that. :lmao:

Keep us posted. You have plenty of time to plan for Disney later.

mncherokee
06-19-2009, 01:12 AM
I can't believe it is already this late in the week! I have been teaching a summer enrichment course this week which ended today (Around the World in 4 Days)... Kind of based on Epcot World Showcase. We squeezed 12 countries in 4 days... 1 hour per country. :scared1: It went really quick.

Next week we have our annual Montrose Suzuki Kids garage sale... (Stringed instruments, NOT bikes :goodvibes) at my house.

King and I rehearsals are going good... learned some dances... and I am trying to get used to bowing all the time to the King :worship:. The director says to be careful not to hurt our knees. This play is going to make this summer just fly by.

DS15 is on a Scouting trip to the BWCA starting today through the 27th. It's nice to have just the girls for the week. :flower3:

sprinkle101901
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
:cool1:I am so happy I am not the only one planning this far out..and not the only one who can only afford a disney vacation about every 3 years or so..... I am excited to read more!!!

mncherokee
07-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to those involved with the monorail accident and their families.

:grouphug:

mncherokee
07-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I can't believe it's already here! Seems like we just auditioned for the show!

I'll get pics posted when we get costumes... we still don't have all of them:scared1:.

Probably won't hear much from me until after it's all over. (and I have a TON to catch up with on everyone's trip reports!) If you happen to be in MN... come and see us! PM for more info.

All7OfUs
07-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi Again!

Boy, that sure went fast! I can't believe it's already time for the play to start! I'm sure you all will fantastic and will have such a great time!

It will take some time to catch up with your DIS-ing, but we do miss you! Hurry back and visit our pre-trippie; we've had a lot of fun while you were MIA.

Looking forward to all of your plans too! Can't wait to see what you'll all be doing on your trip!

mncherokee
07-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Hi Again!

Boy, that sure went fast! I can't believe it's already time for the play to start! I'm sure you all will fantastic and will have such a great time!

It will take some time to catch up with your DIS-ing, but we do miss you! Hurry back and visit our pre-trippie; we've had a lot of fun while you were MIA.

Looking forward to all of your plans too! Can't wait to see what you'll all be doing on your trip!

Thanks for your thoughts! We have a couple days off between shows, but I will have to catch up with DIS-ing next week.popcorn::

We are having soooooooooooooo much fun with the show... it will be hard to adjust to 'normal' after it is over (and get back to all that trip planning! :teacher:)

mncherokee
07-27-2009, 08:39 PM
:confused3 Trying to post pics in my thread from the play... not working???:confused3

When I click on 'images'... it wants a URL.

I changed my avatar as a pic from the play.

All7OfUs
08-03-2009, 12:02 AM
Hey there my friend,

In order to post pictures, you will need to first upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket. After they are uploaded, you need to click on (by the way, when you do this have 2 windows open) the little world icon, go back to photobucket, choose the url from your pictures pull down choices, and right click on copy. After it is "copied" go back to your little window on your PTR and "paste" it into the place it asks for it. Be careful you don't have two http:// at the beginning. I almost always have to get rid of the first one they give automatically.

It's not to hard after you get the hang of it. But first get them uploaded to photobucket.

mncherokee
08-04-2009, 09:00 PM
The good of this summer is it has brought our family closer together... It was great to have an activity that all of us were involved in.

the bad? Well, I only taught 1 week out of 7 (due to low enrollment) so my DIS $$$ is greatly diminished. :teacher:

My plan to purchase passes before Aug (and price increase) was foiled due to lack of teaching. At least we had fun at 'King and I'.;) I need school to start so I can work again. I have also applied for a college teaching job which I REALLY would like. I can't count on it but would help tremendously.

Also, my Father has been diagnosed with liver cirrhosis.:sick: He is not a drinker and they think it was caused from medications he had taken over the years for other ailments. Funny how meds for one thing can give you something else. :sad2: He is doing ok for the time being but I don't know what the future will bring.

So right now, we are in a holding pattern to see if we will be able to afford WDW next spring.

mncherokee
08-09-2009, 01:19 AM
I have successfully loaded pics to photobucket... now (drum-roll) here they are!

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera074.jpg&t=1249794828422 Me and DH

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera088-1.jpg DH and DD Calista

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera075.jpg Me and DH

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera102.jpg DS Andy

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera089.jpg DH, DD Calista and Me

and the whole family!!!
http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/mncherokee/?action=view&current=lisacamera006.jpg DD Zoe, DS Andy, DH, Me and DD Calista

mncherokee
08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Ummmm.... where are my pics?

mncherokee
08-09-2009, 01:24 AM
grrr

mncherokee
09-15-2009, 11:10 PM
We have taken a hit financially this summer. I am now interviewing for a couple new positions :thumbsup2. One is a Worship Coordinator position (PT) and the other is for teaching undergraduate classes at a local college (PT). I should be able to do both positions. If some of this pans out... we may still be able to go in the spring. Otherwise we may be waiting until December (winter break) 2010.

All7OfUs
09-16-2009, 05:15 AM
That's a major bummer about the diminishing $$ that you had really hoped and planned on!! But really, going without having to think about every little eentsy-weensty dime might be actually more enjoyable. You could eat at nicer places, and ORDER DESSERT!, stay longer, add a dinner show, grab a few more souvenirs, etc...

But, like you say, let hope for these positions to work out, and you may get to go after all--- this spring! :wizard:

BTW, if you still need help posting those pix, PM me :)

mncherokee
09-19-2009, 11:46 PM
DS15 just auditioned for 'Seussical' at his high school (we find out the cast list on Monday...keeping fingers crossed:rolleyes:)

So, DD3 and DD10 were looking at the CD case... 'Mom... did you know 'Seuss' is at Islands of Adventure?' 'Would you like to go there and see the 'cat in the hat'?'

Glee from both girls...:yay::yay: and I am thinking... a week ticket to Universal is less than DIS:teacher:.... maybe we could do universal this trip and wait until our economy is better to do DIS...:confused3

Of course DD10 brings up Sea World as well. Still might be less.

Going to check out the worship service at the church I interviewed at tomorrow morning. Hopeful that this may be the one!:woohoo:

mncherokee
10-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Thought I would update on the job search...:surfweb:

- Worship position is getting closer... observing rehearsal this weekend and meeting with the committee on Thursday... I am thinking that it is looking pretty good, since they keep including me in things.
-Tuesday night I interview for the adjunct teaching position...
-I had a friend tell me about a position at her school where they have been talking about me as a possibility for the position.

I may even be able to do all three of these :scared1:. I can't imagine that they all will work out. But, you never know, :confused3.

BTW... DS15 did get into Seussical. But, he doesn't have a named part and has been a little disappointed. Chorus is fun too :dance3:...

mncherokee
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
My mom called the other day with an announcement... she and dad are treating me and my family, my sister and her family and my brother and his family to an ALASKA CRUISE in June 2010 for her birthday!

We were wondering how we were going to afford DIS this spring and also if I could get away Easter week with my new job as Music and Worship Coordinator.:scared1: We are going to have to put DIS on hold for now.

Slowly getting excited. I need to apply for passports (since we go through Vancouver) for me and my DDs... the guys have theirs already.