PDA

View Full Version : Laser printer transfers

ckmommy
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Anyone know a good brand of transfer paper made for laser printers?

RMAMom
04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't believe you can use a laser printer for a transfer. As I understand it laser printers use heat, transfers are plastic and will melt in a laser printer. If I am wrong I would love to know about it because the laser printer is so much clearer than the ink jet!

M_I_C_K_E_Y
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
I do not know of any brands and have never used them - but I know it has been said on the boards that transfers for a laser printer DO exist but they are a special transfer. Maybe you could do a search online and see what comes up.

ckmommy
04-20-2009, 12:15 PM
I will start looking!! I will post if I find something!

MusicMouse
04-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Yes, they do make transfers for laser printers. Unfortunately, they require a special heat press to adhere them onto a shirt. :sad1: Tulip brand makes a photo transfer paper that works with laser printers and can be ironed on with a regular iron, but these are only for use on white or light-colored T-shirts. I bought a set but I haven't tried them yet, since our trip isn't for another nine months. Please post if you find any dark transfers for laser printers that can be used with a regular iron.

ckmommy
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
The only ones that i can find online are the ones that need to be heat set with a special machine. I guess I need to go up in the attic and bring down the inkjet printer.