PDA

View Full Version : "You're Going WHERE on your 50th Birthday?!?

joelp
04-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Yep - I'm gonna turn - (gulp) - 50 ... :scared1:

... and - I'm gonna be in WDW when it happens!! :dance3:

... and - in addition to the DW and DD, I'll be joined by:

My Mom!! :hippie:

My two brothers!! :banana: :banana:

My sister-in-law ... :cutie:

Three neices ... princess: princess: princess:

And the DW's cousin, cousin's ex-hubbie, and DD ... :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

For those who have been following our earlier adventures in WDW, some of the faces will be familiar and some will be new ... but I'll hold off till the next post to introduce the Cast of Characters ...

So - what made me decide to go to WDW for my 50th (actually - 13th!! :lmao:) birthday?? (I know - a rhetorical question with this crowd ...)

About a year-or-so ago ... probably while driving to work - a question hit me ... (right after this big bug went "smuckshhh" on my windshield ... :rotfl2:) -

"What day of the week does my birthday fall on in 2009?"

So I started trying to figure it out while dodging crazy NJ drivers, pot holes, and the occasional road kill ...

... and came to the realization that it would fall on a Saturday - ooooh!

And what could be cooler than being in the Magic Kingdom on your birthday? (besides being in a hot tub with a gaggle of Victoria Secret models? :thumbsup2 - remember, I'm only 12!!)

So I started mentally planning (while also physically planning our December 2008 trip ...) ... let my family know what I was thinking ... and waited with baited breath for a "deal" to show up ... and waited ... :rolleyes1... and waited ... :confused3 ... and waited ... :headache: ... until - FINALLY!!

An announcement on the Ears-to-Ears posts:

Free DDP!! - so that pretty much settled it ...

We were going to WDW for my birthday!! :woohoo:

... and I get to plan it!! - and coordinate the dreams, desires, and wishes of 12 other people!! :scared1:

Some of whom have not been to WDW in a loooong time - or with me!!

Which means we need to establish some ground rules for this trip - and since it's my birthday, I get to set the rules!! pirate: :rotfl:

And thus, we have the following ...

Joel’s Eight (and counting) Rules for Visiting WDW with Joel

1 – The “real world” does not exist once you step foot in WDW – violaters must watch their (grand)daughter’s faces as they walk up Main Street USA dressed like their favorite princess.
2 – All so-called “adults” must revert to the mental age of 13 (or less) once in WDW (except when watching their [grand]daughter’s faces …) – violaters must play “Buzz Lightyear” or “Toy Story Mania” until the inevitable happens …
3 – There is no such thing as “bad” weather in WDW, even (or especially) if it’s raining …) – see Rule #1.
4 – There is no pouting, whining, crying, or melt-downs allowed in WDW – violaters will be “forced” to eat Mickey Ice Cream Bars until they come to their senses.
5 – There are no Democrats, Republicans, or Independents in WDW – only Mouseketeers; violaters must ride “It’s a Small World” over and over and over again … until they repent their evil ways.
6 – You must have your picture taken in front of Cinderella’s Castle and with at least one Character while in WDW – violaters must wear Mickey Mouse ears.
7 – You must eat at least one Mickey Ice Cream Bar – violaters … yea, like anyone’s gonna violate this rule!
8 a - Rise, shine, and get your butt to the park for the opening ceremony (you’re on vacation - you can catch up on your sleep at work …) – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
b – Afternoons are nap times (you’re on vacation …) – violaters must watch “Impressions of France” immediately after a big lunch at the World Showcase restaurant of their choice.
c – You must watch “Wishes”, “Illuminations”, and “Fantasmic!” and close each park at least once while in WDW – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
9 -

Please feel free to suggest additional rules ...

This will be a short trip - only from September 17 to 20 (the kids all have school ... :confused3 ... even then, they'll miss two whole days at the start of the school year ... but to quote my Mom "Tough sh*t!!" ... and to quote my two nieces "We're gonna miss two days of school?!? - Wahooooo!!"

:jumping1:

But - my DD doesn't know about this trip - and she's not gonna find out until we get to the airport in Philly - and sees her grandma, uncle, and two neices ... :yay: ...

I'll be back ... (will you?)

princess&her4princes
04-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Yay, I'm 1st!!!!:banana: Looking forward to hearing your plans!!!:thumbsup2

princess&her4princes
04-19-2009, 07:38 AM
sorry, forgot to subscribe!:thumbsup2

joelp
04-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Here is the large Cast of Characters for the trip – most of whom you’ve met before (if you’ve read my previous TRs), and some (all – if you haven’t read my previous TRs) you don’t know:

Me – Joel – the birthday boy!! NDD#2 (for those of you in the know …) Already thinking about the next trip to WDW after this one (which won’t be for a while, however … unless … well, I’ll keep that option to myself for now … :rolleyes1) My priorities? - Everything!! … But since that won’t happen: Splash Mountain, Soarin’, and Kali River Rapids (it’ll be warm – so I wanna get wet!) – and watching the four “princesses” (see below) together at WDW!! – on my birthday!! :banana:

Vicki – my DW - she’s being a real trooper going back to WDW so soon (her opinion, not mine!) after our trip in December. Don’t get me wrong: she likes WDW, and LOVES seeing Danielle’s adventures in the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, etc. But too much of a good thing … (again – not my opinion – does that phrase even apply to WDW?) Not to mention that she’ll be there with my side of the family … Her main priorities: Expedition Everest, Soarin', and staying sane …

Danielle – our 5 ½-year old DD – ready, willing, and able to visit WDW at the drop of a hat!! Can’t decide if she is a Fairy or a Princess – so we’ll consider her to be a “Fairy Princess” … The plan is for this trip to be a TOTAL surprise for her!! So far on her “secret list” of things to do: Fairies/Pixie Hollow, Finding Nemo the Musical, and the Kim Possible Adventure Game at Epcot.

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/WDWDec7/image015.jpg

My Mom – Mary Jo – hasn’t been to WDW in a few years – not with me (and my two brothers) since 1976, never with Danielle, and never with all four of her “little” granddaughters at the same time … She’s actually been doing some reading and web-surfing, so we’ll see what she comes up with for priorities … We’ll need to keep the walking down for her … But she wants to visit the Animal Kingdom (so we will … ) – and we’ll see if we can get a pair of Mickey ears on her …

Here's a picture of my Mom with my step-father (Merv can't handle the walking at all, so he won't be going with us ... :sad2: )

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/IMG_8026b.jpg

Allan – my brother – 2+ years younger than me (but looks 10 years older – lots more grey hair!!), and father to Delani and Alana … He’s got a bad foot, so I have to design the park touring plans to minimize walking for him, too – or we can just leave him stuck riding “It’s a Small World” for a few hours … (see Rule #5). He’s basically along for the ride ... so we’ll have to do “Test Track”, but I can’t wait until he gets on “Splash Mountain”!

Delani – my niece – age 12 – and very happy to be missing two days of school to go to WDW! Very smart (in the gifted/talented program at school), pretty, athletic – and ready for Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain RR, etc. She and Vicki will probably take off for their own little “adventures” at various times during the trip …

Alana – another niece – age 10 – and really, REALLY wants to go to Epcot (me too – so we will!! – and play the Kim Possible game with Danielle). Also very smart (also in the gifted/talented program at school), pretty, athletic – but don’t tell her I said that!! Wants nothing to do with coasters, scary rides etc. – “I’ll do whatever Danielle is doing,” she says – but wait until she sees what Danielle wants to do (coasters, scary rides, etc.)! :scared1: I have a feeling Alana is going to be my “buddy” on this trip …

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/IMG_8036.jpg

Jed – my other younger (but bigger) brother – almost 7 years younger than me (and looks it – more or less … probably less … yea: less!) Lives in Tampa, so he won’t get to enjoy the plane ride down and back (but he spends enough time on planes as it is …). Father to Nina … Much like Allan, he’s pretty much along for the ride (but his ride won’t start until Saturday in the Magic Kingdom …), but has recently discovered Blizzard Beach … And it looks like he and Allan are going to take off at some point and do the Richard Petty Driving Experience (the Tomorrowland “Indy Speedway” is fine with me …)

Mindi – Jed’s DW – and Nina’s mom. Like Jed, a transplant from NJ (“Jersey Girls” rock – except when they’re driving you crazy!!) Mindi’s priorities: not to wear matching t-shirts!! (but I’m slowly wearing her down … and already have [some] of the shirts bought!!) - and to hit a water park.

Nina – age almost, just about, really close to being 5 (and counting) – she and Danielle are “best cousins” – and when the two of them are together us “adults” have to watch out: they locked us out of the house in May 2008 so they could have some fun in the bathroom (what a mess!!). I am not looking forward to their teen years … (we are so doomed ..!!) Nina’s main priority is to visit the Fairies at Pixie Hollow with Danielle – so watch out Tinker Bell and friends - you may soon meet your match!!

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/IMG_2120.jpg

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/IMG_2118.jpg

Claire – Vicki’s cousin – who also lives in the Tampa area – and will celebrate her birthday on September 13 … in WDW!! Claire is another WDW fanatic, like yours truly … At the moment, she (and Jim – and maybe Grace …) are planning only to meet us for lunch on Saturday … but who knows?!? Her priorities: air conditioning!! (and good food … probably some shopping, too).

Jim – Claire’s ex – also lives in the Tampa area and joined us in December 2008, when we celebrated his birthday at WDW (are you starting to see a trend here …?) - when he also introduced us to the joys of roaming Tomorrowland while munching a giant pickle!! Jim’s priorities? – I don’t really know, but I’m assuming they involve good food, good times – and maybe “Dumbo” … (Guess I should ask him, huh?)

Grace – Claire and Jim’s DD – slightly over 21 years in age (not old … no gray hairs – actually, her hair is a different color every time we see her! …) … and she and Danielle have become attached to each other even though they’ve only been together a few times (which Claire finds to very surprising …)… Unfortunately, Grace may have to work and thus miss out on all the frivolity … Grace’s priorities? – again, I don’t really know, but I’m assuming they have something to do with spending yet another magical time with her parents (and the rest of us …) at WDW …

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/WDWDec7/image089.jpg

So there you have it – a baker’s dozen (or maybe just a dozen) of my close and distant relatives – all of whom are going to help me celebrate my birthday in that most magical of places … :rainbow:

princess&her4princes
04-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Now that is a crowd.....You're going to have your hands full with all this planning with that many people, but I know you have it in you!! Thanks for (re) introducing us to the crew....can't wait to hear more!!!! Hint, hint!!;)

joelp
05-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Picked up t-shirts for the "princesses" ... now let's see if I can jam them into the scanner ... :lmao:

princess&her4princes
05-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Picked up t-shirts for the "princesses" ... now let's see if I can jam them into the scanner ... :lmao:

:lmao:Good luck with that!!:lmao: Did you get some good deals at the Disney store? They are having some great sales!!!:thumbsup2

joelp
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Just a quick update here:

Change in plans ....

We are now staying at:

The Animal Kingdom Lodge!!:banana: :woohoo: :dance3:

:cheer2:

Mindi and my Mom "ganged up" on me ...!!!

All the women-folk are now VERY excited about going ... !!

Now I just have to find time to work the "Culinary Tour" into my schedule ... Unfortunately, I don't think Boma! Boma! Boma! will make it ... :confused3

Time for ... :laundy:

joelp
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
OK - where was I??

Right - we are now going to stay at AKL!! :banana:

( ... a little deja vu all over again ...)

Which adds some positive wrinkles - and some hard decisions - to the planning ...

The general scheme of things is:

Thursday Sep 17 - arrive at MCO about 2:30 pm ... which puts us at AKL about 4:00 pm ... which means after checking-in and ooohing and aaahhhhing at the resort ... :dance3: ... we'll be ready to do something around 5:00 pm ... so - what to do?

The DW has suggested we start off the vacation with a bang: dinner at Boma! Boma! Boma! :idea:

But I'm pretty sure the kiddies are gonna want to jump in the pool ... and there are all those activities at the AKL ... What to do?

We'll probably be hungry ... so we could grab a snack at The Mara ... swim and do a few things ... and then have dinner at Boma! Boma! Boma! around 7:30 ...

Or we could just hit Boma! Boma! Boma! at 5:30 ... and then try and go swimming and do stuff after dinner ... (but most of the activities are over by then ... and will anyone - except the kids - really feel like jumping in the pool after Boma! Boma! Boma! ???)

Or we could just skip Boma! Boma! Boma! and have dinner at The Mara, go swimming, etc.

Decisions, decisions ...

Friday Sep 18 - Epcot. The original plan was to hit Akershus for an early breakfast, giving those in the group who wanted to hit a water park (weather permitting) the most flexibility ... But now that we're staying at AKL - with an afternoon break there - is anyone gonna want to spend the extra $$ and go to a water park?

Which gives us the option of having lunch at Akershus (or somewhere else - check out Saturday ...) and being part of the "parade" to The Land at the opening to start our day at Soarin' ... :3dglasses ...

The key for this day is to minimize walking ... and I have a feeling it will be just Alana and I going back to Epcot after the break (well - maybe my Mom, too ...) especially if Vicki and Danielle hit Blizzard Beach and Allan does the Richard Petty thing ... And I'm also anticipating evening EMH - so it could be a looong day and night (at least for some of us ... :) )

Saturday Sept 19 - MK. We could do the Grand Gathering breakfast at Tony's - anyone done it? Is it worth the time?

But the plan is to be at the MK for the opening ceremony, then make our way back to Toontown for a visit with the Fairies at Pixie Hollow (BIG priority for the girls!!) - and I don't know if breakfast at Tony's will jam that up ...
:confused3

Lunch will be in the MK (probably Columbia Harbor House) - with those who want to heading back to the AKL for a break (I'm not planning on it myself ... :upsidedow ) ... where the plan is for Claire, Jim, and Grace to join them and hang out for a couple hours ... and then everyone will meet at 1900 Park Faire for dinner at 4:30 ... and then back into the park ... for Spectromagic and Wishes ... :woohoo:

Maybe ... :rolleyes1 ... cuz we've also talked about getting together for lunch ... Decisions, decisions ... :headache:

Since we're gonna see princesses (and princess-wanna-bes ... :lmao: ) at 1900 Park Faire ... do we need to get up early for breakfast (or have lunch) at Akershus on Friday? - or should we eat somewhere else at Epcot? Decisions, decisions ...

But if we don't go to 1900 Park Faire ... ??? :confused3

Sunday Sept 20 - either Animal Kingdom or DHS - probably AK, but I need to poll the group ... With lunch oop at Tusker House (but since we may eat at Boma! Boma! Boma! - do we want to eat at Tusker House - or maybe Rainforest Cafe ...???? popcorn:: ... ) Suggestions anyone?

Well - time to jump in the shower - I cut the backyard this morning ... after close to 10 days of continuous rain here in NJ, it was starting to look like the Pangani Exploration Trail!! :rotfl2:

Cool and sunny weather predicted for this week - which means the grass will only grown about a foot!! :rotfl:

Later -

... and if you have any experience with some of those things I've noted above (... not crazy relatives changing their minds on what they want to do every other day ... :lmao: ) - don't be afraid to chime in ...

KathyRN137
05-11-2009, 02:47 PM
“Jersey Girls” rock – except when they’re driving you crazy!!

:laughing: Another Jersey girl here, also crazy about WDW, and also planning a future stay at AKL (DVC). :laughing:

I'm going back now to read you '08 report so I get to know your family a little better.

Kathy

joelp
05-17-2009, 12:14 PM
4 MONTHS TO GO!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

:cheer2: :cheer2:

:dance3:

princess&her4princes
05-17-2009, 07:01 PM
4 MONTHS TO GO!!!

:woohoo: :cool1: :woohoo:

:cheer2: :cheer2:

:dance3:Dancin' with you Joelp!!:dance3:

joelp
05-18-2009, 05:12 AM
... and you're right in front of me (us ...) in the "conga line" to WDW ... :rotfl:

How'd your race go?

princess&her4princes
05-18-2009, 10:40 AM
... and you're right in front of me (us ...) in the "conga line" to WDW ... :rotfl:

How'd your race go?

Less than 4 mos. now!!:yay:

It went well....I did it!!!!:woohoo: And in less time than I hoped for, so I'm pretty excited. Feeling it today though!!:eek: Thinking of doing another late June...we'll see.....just SO happy to have that under my belt!!!:goodvibes

joelp
06-02-2009, 05:39 AM
Haven't posted in a while because I'm waiting for the September park hours to be posted ...:3dglasses

... and waiting ...:rolleyes1

and still waiting ... :headache:

princess&her4princes
06-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Haven't posted in a while because I'm waiting for the September park hours to be posted ...:3dglasses

... and waiting ...:rolleyes1

and still waiting ... :headache:

:surfweb:Me too....what's the deal!? Shouldn't they be out by now!?!:confused3 Don't they know we have plans to make? LOL!!:laughing:

jordanyosh
06-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Okay I'm in. I'll be celebrating my 50th at WDW in 2012!

joelp
06-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe there should be a new thread:

"Are they there, yet?!?"

:lmao:

joelp
06-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Okay I'm in. I'll be celebrating my 50th at WDW in 2012!

Yea!!! Now I can tell my DW - not too mention my mother and brothers - that I'm not the only one!! :banana:

KathyRN137
06-02-2009, 10:17 PM
...You must be going crazy waiting for those park hours!! :crazy:

Sending pixiedust: so they are released tomorrow!!

Kathy

joelp
06-04-2009, 05:32 AM
... now where can those park hours be hiding?

Here's boyz - come out and play ... I'm not going to hurt you ...:)

:rolleyes1

Glad our first day isn't until the 17th ...

princess&her4princes
06-04-2009, 07:11 AM
... now where can those park hours be hiding?

Here's boyz - come out and play ... I'm not going to hurt you ...:)

:rolleyes1

Glad our first day isn't until the 17th ...

:lmao: Love it!!:lmao:

jordanyosh
06-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Joel’s Eight (and counting) Rules for Visiting WDW with Joel

1 – The “real world” does not exist once you step foot in WDW – violaters must watch their (grand)daughter’s faces as they walk up Main Street USA dressed like their favorite princess.
2 – All so-called “adults” must revert to the mental age of 13 (or less) once in WDW (except when watching their [grand]daughter’s faces …) – violaters must play “Buzz Lightyear” or “Toy Story Mania” until the inevitable happens …
3 – There is no such thing as “bad” weather in WDW, even (or especially) if it’s raining …) – see Rule #1.
4 – There is no pouting, whining, crying, or melt-downs allowed in WDW – violaters will be “forced” to eat Mickey Ice Cream Bars until they come to their senses.
5 – There are no Democrats, Republicans, or Independents in WDW – only Mouseketeers; violaters must ride “It’s a Small World” over and over and over again … until they repent their evil ways.
6 – You must have your picture taken in front of Cinderella’s Castle and with at least one Character while in WDW – violaters must wear Mickey Mouse ears.
7 – You must eat at least one Mickey Ice Cream Bar – violaters … yea, like anyone’s gonna violate this rule!
8 a - Rise, shine, and get your butt to the park for the opening ceremony (you’re on vacation - you can catch up on your sleep at work …) – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
b – Afternoons are nap times (you’re on vacation …) – violaters must watch “Impressions of France” immediately after a big lunch at the World Showcase restaurant of their choice.
c – You must watch “Wishes”, “Illuminations”, and “Fantasmic!” and close each park at least once while in WDW – violaters will miss out on the best time to be in the parks ... and see Rule #4.
9 -

I'll be back ... (will you?)

I love these rules!!!!

princess&her4princes
06-05-2009, 07:41 AM
Good Morning Joelp!!!! Come and check out my PTR, got some hours, or call!! They have them but the site isn't updated...woohoo!!! Now for some planning......:cheer2:

joelp
06-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Park hours are FINALLY!!!! up on the WDW site ... :woohoo:

... with evening EMH at Epcot on Sep 18 - just as I hoped!!! :banana:

... and Spectromagic scheduled for Sep 19 - my birthday!!! :cheer2:

Time to put the DD to bed ... :scared: ... back later (unless she takes me down with her ... :rotfl:)

KathyRN137
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Park hours are FINALLY!!!! up on the WDW site ... :woohoo:

... with evening EMH at Epcot on Sep 18 - just as I hoped!!! :banana:

... and Spectromagic scheduled for Sep 19 - my birthday!!! :cheer2:

Time to put the DD to bed ... :scared: ... back later (unless she takes me down with her ... :rotfl:)

So glad everything is working out as you had wanted!! :goodvibes

(I sometimes accidentally fall asleep with my youngest, too!) :rolleyes1

Kathy

joelp
06-06-2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks!!

My 10-year old niece is psyched to do Epcot - and I have a feeling it will be just her and I doing the EMH (and helping Kim Possible save the world ...:rotfl: )

... and we've never seen Spectromagic, so that will be a special b-day treat!!:dance3:

Back later today with a "final" intinerary ...

KathyRN137
06-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Back later today with a "final" intinerary ...

Famous last words.... ;)

Kathy

joelp
06-06-2009, 12:02 PM
That's why I put " " around final ... :lmao:
... although, I'm not as bad as some people (who will remain nameless - but you know who you are!! :rotfl:)

princess&her4princes
06-06-2009, 12:06 PM
So, what's the plan? Isn't this fun?!!!:banana:

Have you called to see what the difference is between online and by a CM? Maybe I should call again? Hmm....weird!!!:confused:

joelp
06-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I would go by what's on-line vs. what a CM told you - they could have had wrong info, while I would hope that whatever was put on-line had gone through a few "quality checks" first ... :upsidedow

My big thing was evening EMH at Epcot on Sept 18 - which is what I expected would happen based on last year's schedule - so I'm good to go ... Now I just have to rethink my touring plan for Epcot, cuz a bunch of things I was gonna do during the day will also be open later at night ... so maybe we'll do other things during the day ... what to do, what to do ...??? :idea:

Speaking of which - I'll be back later with the itinerary ... now, it's time to spread some mulch (and sweat ... and maybe even use some shears ...!!) :rotfl2:

Melissa79
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Hi! Came over to check out your PTR. Your first round of plans/ideas look good, can't wait to hear what you decide. You have so many people going, that will be fun! Arrival day is usually tricky because you want to do something because you are finally there...but what to do? It will be hot so I'd imagine the pool will have to be involved on the first day...hmmm will you pick Boma or Mara for dinner??

joelp
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
To answer your question:

Here's the "final" itinerary (probably ... more-or-less ... I guess ... but you never know ... :rolleyes1 ...)

Thurs - Sep 17

Arrive at MCO ~2:15 ... arrive at AKL ~ 4:00
Hang out at AKL - swimming, activities, etc. until (assuming I have the right schedule ...)
6:30 - African Storytelling
7:30 - Dinner at ...... Boma! Boma! Boma!
... followed by night animal viewing until bedtime (not that I'm going to get any sleep ... :hyper:

Fri - Sep 18

Breakfast at The Mara
~8:15 - arrive at Epcot and get psyched for Soarin'!!
~12:00 - lunch at Akershus
~2:00 - afternoon break at AKL
~5:30 - back to Epcot (starting with Spaceship Earth ...)
~7:00 - dinner at a WS CS place (probably Tangerienne Cafe or Yakitori House)
EMH after Illuminations (for those left standing ...)

Jed, Mindi, and Nina are driving to Orlando that day, with plans to hit Typhoon Lagoon - so that's an option for any of the "NJ crew" who wants to head there after the morning at Epcot (weather permitting ... )

... and with Jed/Mindi/Nina just hangin' at AKL that night, some of the "NJ crew" may just bag going back to Epcot ... (not me!! - and I've already put Alana on notice to expect to be up late ... :woohoo: )

I have to rethink my touring strategy for Epcot, since a bunch of the things we were going to do during the day will also be open during EMH ...

Saturday - Sep 19 (Birthday time!!)

Breakfast at The Mara
~8:15 - arrive at MK and get ready for the "Welcoming Ceremony" :banana:
Morning priorities: Peter Pan and saying "hi" to the Fairies in Pixie Hollow

~12:00 - lunch at a CS place (probably Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's, depending on where we're at at the time ...)

~1:30 - optional afternoon break at AKL (I'll be staying in the MK!!)
~4:30 - dinner at 1900 Park Faire
~6:30 - back to the MK for fun stuff, Spectromagic :yay: & Wishes :cheer2:

At some place and point - Claire, Jim, and Grace will be joining us - probably during the afternoon break at AKL - and then having dinner with us, too. Claire will be in the MK 6 days earlier for HER birthday, so they won't be hitting the park with us (but you never know ... :) )

Sunday - Sep 20

Breafast at the Mara
Checkout and get boarding passes for the flight home :sad2:

~8:30 - arrive at Animal Kingdom (probably start with FotLK - or EE for those foolish enough to take on the Yeti ... :scared1: ... not me!! :scared: )

~12:00 - lunch at an AK CS (probably Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari ...)

~4:00 - say good bye to AK :(

~ 5:00 - take bus to MCO for flight back to reality (Nooooooooooo!! :sad: )

~8:30 - start planning next trip to WDW on the flight home ... :thumbsup2

I'm still working on touring plans - I have "priority" attractions from just about anyone who cares - and I'll post "initial preliminary maybe draft final" versions of them in the near future ...

So - what do you think so far??

princess&her4princes
06-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Looks great!! :thumbsup2 I didn't realize your trip was a short one, too, are you feeling stressed trying to fit everything in? I guess you just need to prioritize and go from there.....your plans look fun!!

joelp
06-09-2009, 05:24 AM
100 Days to Go!!! :woohoo:

Double-Digit Dance Party Tomorrow ... :cool1:

KathyRN137
06-09-2009, 07:27 AM
So - what do you think so far??

Whew! I think you'd better eat all your Wheaties! :laughing:

Kathy

jordanyosh
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I would maybe consider Sunshine Seasons in the Land as an option for CS dinner at Epcot. Both Yakatori House and Tangierine Cafe have mixed reviews....although if I were going to choose one, I'd go with Tangierine Cafe. We had a good meal there in 05 (quality could be diff now).

joelp
06-10-2009, 05:27 AM
Whew! I think you'd better eat all your Wheaties! :laughing:

Kathy

Frosted Flakes ... :lmao: (... with Jersey blueberries ... :))

I think we'll be able to handle it as long as the weather isn't toooo hot and humid ... and it's only 3 days (I definitely would have a slower pace planned if we were staying longer ... :upsidedow )

joelp
06-10-2009, 05:34 AM
I would maybe consider Sunshine Seasons in the Land as an option for CS dinner at Epcot. Both Yakatori House and Tangierine Cafe have mixed reviews....although if I were going to choose one, I'd go with Tangierine Cafe. We had a good meal there in 05 (quality could be diff now).

Definitely! - especially if it's raining or REALLY hot and humd!! :thumbsup2

We've had breakfast at SS a couple times - after Soarin' over California ... but never lunch or dinner (the DW doesn't care for the "cafeteria" atmosphere of the place ... go figure ... although she was intrigued by the food offerings ...)

We traditionally eat at Restaurant Marrakesh each trip - so Tangerienne Cafe is sort of keeping with that tradition (and I've heard good things about the food ...)

And the DD likes Chinese and Japanese food (and the DW loves sushi), so Yakitori House is the "no chicken nugget/no mac 'n' cheese" dinner option for her ... :rotfl:

I have a feeling it's just gonna end up just being Alana and I in Epcot that night - especially if a bunch of the crew go to Typhoon Lagoon that day (they'll be whipped ...) - so we'll just have to see what happens ...

joelp
06-10-2009, 05:39 AM
It's Double Digit Dance Party Time !!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:rockband: :dancer:

party:

:rainbow:

:dogdance: :banana:

:tink:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

princess&her4princes
06-10-2009, 07:27 AM
100 Days to Go!!! :woohoo:

Double-Digit Dance Party Tomorrow ... :cool1:

:dance3:DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE!! WOOHOO!!!:dance3:

joelp
06-16-2009, 06:37 PM
:scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

I just saw that on-line ADRs are up and running ...

But I've hit a speed bump on the ADR highway:

My TA is on vacation - and the information she sent me doesn't have the WDW reservation confirmation number on it!!

And I don't know what phone # she used to make the reservation!! (so I can't use the on-line system ...)

But it will work out - cuz she's supposed to be back Thursday ... and I can't make ADRs until Friday ...

:upsidedow

... unless she meets some handsome millionare, ditches the TA biz, and runs off with him to a galaxy far, far away ... :scared:

:darth: :chewy: :yoda:

(I've finally found a spot to use those ... :crazy: )

princess&her4princes
06-16-2009, 06:52 PM

I just saw that on-line ADRs are up and running ...

But I've hit a speed bump on the ADR highway:

My TA is on vacation - and the information she sent me doesn't have the WDW reservation confirmation number on it!!

And I don't know what phone # she used to make the reservation!! (so I can't use the on-line system ...)

But it will work out - cuz she's supposed to be back Thursday ... and I can't make ADRs until Friday ...

:upsidedow

... unless she meets some handsome millionare, ditches the TA biz, and runs off with him to a galaxy far, far away ... :scared:

:darth: :chewy: :yoda:

(I've finally found a spot to use those ... :crazy: )

I was going to write you and tell you that!!! Crazy huh? Don't worry, it will all work out, breath in, breath out.....

Now, what was your TA thinking about when she scheduled this vacation of hers? Doesn't she know what is going on this week!?!!:eek:

Keep us posted.....btw, can't get into the online ADR's either, even though I have all of my info...not sure what I'm doing wrong...so you're not missing anything!!;)

joelp
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
:yay:

My TA got back from her vacation (although mentally she's still "away" ... :lmao:) ...

So I e-mailed her our ADR choices ... and let's keep those fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that she gets the job done!! :worship:

She said that if you had made reservations through a TA the on-line ADR system won't work for you - yet (she'd been talking to some of the WDW folks ...) ... so there's still a few bugs to work out with the system ...

I'll be back with good news tomorrow ... I hope!! :3dglasses

princess&her4princes
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
:yay:

My TA got back from her vacation (although mentally she's still "away" ... :lmao:) ...

So I e-mailed her our ADR choices ... and let's keep those fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that she gets the job done!! :worship:

She said that if you had made reservations through a TA the on-line ADR system won't work for you - yet (she'd been talking to some of the WDW folks ...) ... so there's still a few bugs to work out with the system ...

I'll be back with good news tomorrow ... I hope!! :3dglasses

Good luck!! Can't wait to hear the good news!!!!!:yay:

jordanyosh
06-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Good Luck with the ADRS.........

and Happy Double Digit Dance

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

KathyRN137
06-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Please hurry up and post your ADRs so I can uncross my eyes!! :crazy:

Kathy

joelp
06-19-2009, 06:57 AM
OK - here's where I stand:

I got an e-mail from my TA that she made the ADRs - and since she made them on-line, I should have received an e-mail from the WDW folks with all the details ... but she might have given them my office e-mail to respond to ... and I won't be in the office for 10 days!! :eek:

So KathyRN137 - get used to bumping into things ... :lmao:

Only kidding - I e-mailed her back to see if she got anything from WDW that she can forward to me - so you may only have to bang into things for a few more more hours ... :rotfl2:

However, she had to call WDW to make the dinner reservation for my birthday at 1900 Park Faire for 13 (!) people - and she got it for 4:35 - Perfect!! :woohoo:

[btw - how many guys do you know that will have spent their 50th (13th ...) birthday having dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, and the step-sisters?!? Hey - maybe I'll get to dance with Cindy!! :flower3:]

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/WDWDec9/1900ParkFaireCinderella.jpg

Nah - with my luck (and way with women ...) I'll end up with Anastasia ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/WDWDec9/1900ParkFaireAnastasia.jpg

I'll let you know more when I know more ...

:surfweb:

KathyRN137
06-19-2009, 07:20 AM
So KathyRN137 - get used to bumping into things ... :lmao:

Only kidding - I e-mailed her back to see if she got anything from WDW that she can forward to me - so you may only have to bang into things for a few more more hours ... :rotfl2:

Joel, you had me going there.... :laughing:

I love the 1900 Park Fare!! We saw Cindy and the Prince with Suzy & Perla Mouse... they were sweet, but I think that Lady T and her daughters really make it so much more fun and interactive...

You should get lots of attention from the characters b/c of your birthday! :cake:

:idea: If your DD has any of those princess shoes from past princess costumes (you know, the plastic ones), you should bring one and see how the stepsisters react! That would probably be such a hoot!!

Kathy

princess&her4princes
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Yay for having ressies made :yay: but bummer for having to wait for confirmation!!!:sad2:

Can't wait to see what you got! Maybe we'll be crossing paths some? And woohoo for Cindy's for your birthday!! I'm not sure how many guys have had their 50th there, I would guess you're the first!!:lmao: You definately deserve a dance with Cindy!!! princess:

Keep us posted!!!! How come you're not in the office for 10 days, on vacation doing something fun, I hope?!!

Btw, how was DD's graduation yesterday? I hope it went well....woohoo, Summer is official now, the kiddies are home!!!:woohoo:

joelp
06-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Hmmm - heard back from the TA ... she hasn't received an e-mail from the WDW folks ... and she used my home e-mail for them to reply to ... :confused3

However, she does have ADR confirmation numbers ... :confused:

Maybe the new on-line system is gunking up the works for the "old" TA on-line system ...?

Hmmmmm ...

DD's graduation is later today ... I'll post pictures later if I get the chance ...

And - yep - on vacation next week - but staying local ... let's hope for good weather (for a change ...)

joelp
06-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Ya know?- it's always nice to work with professionals ... :thumbsup2

Happy ADR Day!!

Both my TA and WDW got back to me with the ADR details ... and we got everything we wanted at the times we wanted!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

So here's where we'll be eating:

Sept 17: Boma-Flavors of Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
[Dinner - 7:25 pm] :woohoo:

Sept 18: Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
[Lunch - 12:10 pm] :dance3:

Sept 19: Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
[Dinner - 4:35 pm] :cheer2:

You may now uncross all fingers, toes ... and eyes ... :laughing:

Time to get ready for the DD's graduation ... :)

princess&her4princes
06-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Ya know?- it's always nice to work with professionals ... :thumbsup2

Happy ADR Day!!

Both my TA and WDW got back to me with the ADR details ... and we got everything we wanted at the times we wanted!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

So here's where we'll be eating:

Sept 17: Boma-Flavors of Africa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
[Dinner - 7:25 pm] :woohoo:

Sept 18: Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
[Lunch - 12:10 pm] :dance3:

Sept 19: Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
[Dinner - 4:35 pm] :cheer2:

You may now uncross all fingers, toes ... and eyes ... :laughing:

Time to get ready for the DD's graduation ... :)

Yay!!!:banana: They look great!! Doesn't look like we'll be crossing paths though....I wonder if we'll be in the same parks at all on the same day?:confused3

Have fun at DD's graduation!!! I don't know about you but I can't believe I have a child going into 1st grade in the Fall!!! Where does time go.....:sad2:

Happy weekend!!:goodvibes

jordanyosh
06-19-2009, 07:05 PM
spending your 50th being fawned over by Disney Princesses ain't too shabby...

joelp
07-06-2009, 07:30 AM
It's been awhile ... cuz there hasn't been much to say ... :upsidedow

Survived a week in Ocean City with the DD's family ... but it still kills me that week paid AKL room rates for an "OK" motel ... :headache: ... and I keep finding seashells all over the house ... :rotfl2:

Working on "finalizing" our Epcot touring plan - with the crew "voting" on whether seeing Mexico or China is their priority ... and it looks like it will be ... Mexico! (but the adults still have not voted ...)

And I've realized we're really gonna have to prioritize and face the fact that we're only gonna be able to do so much on this 4 day/3 night trip ...
:confused3 ... even if I do occasionally go into "commando-mode" ... pirate:

Here's a shot of the DD and a couple of her friends posing before her dance recital ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/DaniDanceGrad/IMG_9015a.jpg

... add some wings, and we have a "Flower Fairy" costume for Halloween ... :)

And some photos of the kid "graduating" from Kindergarten ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/DaniDanceGrad/IMG_9079.jpg

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/DaniDanceGrad/IMG_9094.jpg

Time to take the DD to camp ... and my butt to the dentist ... :sick: ... and then to the doctor for a physical ... to make sure this old body is up to the rigors of Splash Mountain!! ;)

KathyRN137
07-06-2009, 11:24 AM
... to make sure this old body is up to the rigors of Splash Mountain!! ;)

:laughing: Good luck!! (Your daughter is beautiful!)

Kathy

joelp
07-12-2009, 06:35 AM
After much deliberation - here is our "final draft" Touring Plan for Epcot on Sept 18 ... there's evening EMH - which I intend to take advantage of - but I'm not sure who will be along for that "ride" ...

~8:15 am Arrive at Epcot (get pins at Guest Relations)

9:00 am Soarin' (and either get FPs to do it again - depending on "crowd" response - or I'll head over toTest Track and get FPs while everyone else goes to ...)
Living Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush (where I'll rejoin the group)
Test Track

Any "extra" time we have before 11:00 we can spend checking out the Living Seas exhibits - or maybe doing Mission:Space ...

11:00 Kim Possible Adventure Game
Mexico
Norway

12:10 Lunch at Akershus ... followed by a break back at the AKL

~5:45 pm Arrive at Epcot (? - take boat across lake) [? – get Fastpass for Soarin’]

Japan
CS dinner at Yakitori House (Japan) or Tangerienne Cafe (Morocco)

8:00 pm Illuminations (get to viewing location by 7:30)

EMH - The American Adventure, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (FP), Spaceship Earth ... and walk around the WS some more ... KIDCOT Stations ... and maybe Kim Possible (if it's running ...)

An all too brief vist to Epcot ... but still better than being in NJ!!:lmao:

So - does it look realistic ...?? I'm really trying to prioritize here (but it's so hard!! :headache: )

Time to take the pooch for a run ...

princess&her4princes
07-13-2009, 12:33 PM
Aww, love all the pics of Danielle! She is beautiful!! And her kindergarten celebration was SO much more than ours, wow, cap and gown!! How cute!!!!

princess&her4princes
07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
After much deliberation - here is our "final draft" Touring Plan for Epcot on Sept 18 ... there's evening EMH - which I intend to take advantage of - but I'm not sure who will be along for that "ride" ...

~8:15 am Arrive at Epcot (get pins at Guest Relations)

9:00 am Soarin' (and either get FPs to do it again - depending on "crowd" response - or I'll head over toTest Track and get FPs while everyone else goes to ...)
Living Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush (where I'll rejoin the group)
Test Track

Any "extra" time we have before 11:00 we can spend checking out the Living Seas exhibits - or maybe doing Mission:Space ...

11:00 Kim Possible Adventure Game
Mexico
Norway

12:10 Lunch at Akershus ... followed by a break back at the AKL

~5:45 pm Arrive at Epcot (? - take boat across lake) [? – get Fastpass for Soarin’]

Japan
CS dinner at Yakitori House (Japan) or Tangerienne Cafe (Morocco)

8:00 pm Illuminations (get to viewing location by 7:30)

EMH - The American Adventure, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (FP), Spaceship Earth ... and walk around the WS some more ... KIDCOT Stations ... and maybe Kim Possible (if it's running ...)

An all too brief vist to Epcot ... but still better than being in NJ!!:lmao:

So - does it look realistic ...?? I'm really trying to prioritize here (but it's so hard!! :headache: )

Time to take the pooch for a run ...

This is a full day but looks "doable" to me.....since you don't have any real little ones with you, you know? It's tough with these short trips to fit in what you want but that just means you get to go back again and do what you didn't!!!;) And i"m with you, a day at Disney is so much better than a day at home!!!:cloud9:

Hope you're Summer is going well, you've been quiet some hopefully that means you've been getting better weather there than in MA and getting out to enjoy it some!!!:goodvibes

joelp
07-15-2009, 05:23 AM
Now that July is here we're finally starting to dry out ... just like MA?

I'm approaching the 2 month mark:banana: ... and am working on "finalizing" our MK touring plan ...

... and still have to print out and organize the photos from our Dec 08 trip ... :rolleyes1

BTW - those autograph/photo books you buy at WDW use 3x5 photos - which you apparently cannot get printed anywhere (so we'll have to do it ourselves at home ... which means they won't last as long as a commercial-quality print ...) :headache:

So for this next trip - instead I'm bringing along the "Disney Character Jr. Encyclopedia" (it's not THAT big ... :laughing: ) and I'll have the Characters sign their entries ...

Time for breakfast ...

princess&her4princes
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Sounds like we've had the same kind of weather wise Joelp! At least the sun has been around these last few days!! Ahh, this is what Summer is all about!!:cloud9:

I'm with you about organizing our December pics! I have all mine printed (and there are a TON of them!!! I'm talking at leat 500!!), just sitting in a box, not sure what the next step is....lol!!:laughing: It's a bit overwelming to say the least!!! Oh no about the autograph pages! Can you order them from Snapfish or someplace like that for the 3x5 pages??:confused3 That stinks, if not!!:headache:

Can't wait to hear your touring plan for MK.....:surfweb: and yay for almost 2 months away! I'm am dancing with you for sure!!!:yay::dance3::woohoo::banana::cool1:

joelp
07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Check out Lillian Vernon - they have these photo albums that can hold 240 photos - and you can personalize the cover.

That's what I used for our May 2007 trip - and will use for the Dec 08 trip (once I print them out!! ...:rolleyes1 )

princess&her4princes
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Check out Lillian Vernon - they have these photo albums that can hold 240 photos - and you can personalize the cover.

That's what I used for our May 2007 trip - and will use for the Dec 08 trip (once I print them out!! ...:rolleyes1 )

Thanks for the tip, will do!!:) Btw, we were there in '07, too! But in September....so when are you going in 2010? LOL!!:laughing: We have to keep this trend going...lol!!;)

joelp
07-16-2009, 05:11 AM
My DW has threatened me if I consider a trip in 2010 ... :eek: ... but you never know ... :rolleyes1 (so 2011 will be a definite!! :rotfl: :banana:)

... and telling you when would "spoil" the "surprise" ... :lmao:

princess&her4princes
07-16-2009, 06:48 AM
My DW has threatened me if I consider a trip in 2010 ... :eek: ... but you never know ... :rolleyes1 (so 2011 will be a definite!! :rotfl: :banana:)

... and telling you when would "spoil" the "surprise" ... :lmao:

I hear you, we're actually not "suppose" to go in '10 either! It's our 10 year anniversary next year, so just DH and I are suppose to go away without the kids, my parents will take the boys for a whole week! and do the Carribean or something.....I mentioned Disney, but DH wants to try something new...lol!! And I would like to go somewhere without kids, since I won't have mine with me, so we may not go until '11 either...bummer!!!:headache: But, never say never.......lol!! If I can work some magic, we'll go....lol!!:laughing:

joelp
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Hey! - our 10th anniversary, too!! (May ...) :laughing:

[ ... and I think we had this discussion before ... ]

We're thinking of (maybe) going back to the Montreal Jazz Festival and Quebec City ... and then maybe bop around NE (no hiking though - the DD will last about 100 yards ... A 45 lb backpack I can carry up a mountain, but a squirming 6-year-old!?! :scared: ...)

I tried a "how about a 2nd Honeymoon" in London ... with a few days in France (with a day in Disneyland Paris - for the kid!! Really!! :rolleyes1 ...) but that's a "no-go" ... :rotfl2:

We'll figure somethin' out ...

We couldn't leave the DD with anyone for a week - it's bad enough we have to leave Ranger behind!! :rotfl:

Another milestone tomorrow ... :woohoo:

KathyRN137
07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Another milestone tomorrow ... :woohoo:

They're wonderful, aren't they? :goodvibes
Today was the first time it really felt like hot sticky summer weather here in Jersey!

Kathy

joelp
07-17-2009, 05:12 AM
They're wonderful, aren't they? :goodvibes
Today was the first time it really felt like hot sticky summer weather here in Jersey!

Kathy

Those hot, sticky NJ summer days are "wonderful"!!! ??? !!! :lmao:

joelp
07-17-2009, 05:19 AM
2 Months to Go!!!

2 Months to Go!!

2 Months to Go!!

2 Months to Go!!

:banana: :dance3: :cool1: :yay:

[It's the "Yellow Man Group" ... :lmao: ]

princess&her4princes
07-17-2009, 06:37 AM
2 Months to Go!!!

2 Months to Go!!

2 Months to Go!!

2 Months to Go!!

:banana: :dance3: :cool1: :yay:

[It's the "Yellow Man Group" ... :lmao: ]

joelp
07-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Dec 2008 photo update: :rotfl:

We got an e-mail from Shutterfly - 50 free prints!! So that inspired me to go through the Photopass photos and print them - well, I printed 91 of them (of a total of 354 ... :) )

Working on choosing the photos the DW shot (and then hoping for another deal from Shutterfly ...) :worship:

Gotta get the Dec 08 photos done before September ... :rolleyes1

princess&her4princes
07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Dec 2008 photo update: :rotfl:

We got an e-mail from Shutterfly - 50 free prints!! So that inspired me to go through the Photopass photos and print them - well, I printed 91 of them (of a total of 354 ... :) )

Working on choosing the photos the DW shot (and then hoping for another deal from Shutterfly ...) :worship:

Gotta get the Dec 08 photos done before September ... :rolleyes1

:thumbsup2

joelp
07-24-2009, 05:36 AM
8 WEEKS ( - 1 day ... ) TO GO!!! :banana:

Paid off the trip yesterday ... well, put it on the Disney VISA (though the $$ are sitting in the bank ...) :woohoo:

The Disney Junior Character Encyclopedia arrived from B&N yesterday - it had been on back-order for a few months ... :yay: Instead of using one (or more ...) of those photo-autograph books for Character signatures, I'm going to have them sign their page/picture in the Encyclopedia ... :idea: It's paperback and not too heavy, so it shouldn't be a problem carrying around the parks ... And it'll be another surprise for the DD ... :thumbsup2

So with only 8 weeks to go, I should sit do and make a "To Do" list ... so to get started ...

Week 8 - finish "draft/final" MK touring plan

Week 7 - finish "draft/final" AK touring plan

Week 6 - review Disney and All-Ears web sites for attraction updates

Week 5 - review Disney and All-Ears web sites for attraction updates

Week 4 - revise "draft/final" touring plans based on Week 6 and 5 reviews ...

Week 3 - review MK CS restuarant reviews on All-Ears and narrow down list of options;

Week 2 - make packing list (why wait so long? - see "24 hours" to go ... :scared:) and buy anything needed (sunscreen!! :cool2: ); ? - order Photopass CD and book? :confused:

Week 1 - update/finalize touring plans with the "live entertainment" schedules; get Ranger and Mel's "vacation" stuff together; start checking the Orlando weather forecast ... :worship: ; organize all the "kid's "stuff" (books, pins, travel crap ...);

24 hours to go - pack :eek: [I know - but this trip is a surprise for the DD - so we have to wait until the last minute!]; take Ranger to his "resort";

12 hours to go - try to sleep ...

6 hours to go - give up trying to sleep ... get up ... shower ... breakfast ...

5 hours to go - wake the DD up and tell her we're going on a trip!!

4 hours to go - start driving to Mom's house

3 hours to go - arrive at Mom's house and pile into her van with the rest of the gang ...

... and tell DD "We're going to Disney World!!!" :dance3:

2 hours to go - sit and wait at the airport ... :upsidedow ... watch kids going crazy with excitement ... refrain from joining them and running around the terminal ... :rolleyes1

Later ...

princess&her4princes
07-24-2009, 07:04 AM
8 WEEKS ( - 1 day ... ) TO GO!!! :banana:

Paid off the trip yesterday ... well, put it on the Disney VISA (though the $$ are sitting in the bank ...) :woohoo:

The Disney Junior Character Encyclopedia arrived from B&N yesterday - it had been on back-order for a few months ... :yay: Instead of using one (or more ...) of those photo-autograph books for Character signatures, I'm going to have them sign their page/picture in the Encyclopedia ... :idea: It's paperback and not too heavy, so it shouldn't be a problem carrying around the parks ... And it'll be another surprise for the DD ... :thumbsup2

So with only 8 weeks to go, I should sit do and make a "To Do" list ... so to get started ...

Week 8 - finish "draft/final" MK touring plan

Week 7 - finish "draft/final" AK touring plan

Week 6 - review Disney and All-Ears web sites for attraction updates

Week 5 - review Disney and All-Ears web sites for attraction updates

Week 4 - revise "draft/final" touring plans based on Week 6 and 5 reviews ...

Week 3 - review MK CS restuarant reviews on All-Ears and narrow down list of options;

Week 2 - make packing list (why wait so long? - see "24 hours" to go ... :scared:) and buy anything needed (sunscreen!! :cool2: ); ? - order Photopass CD and book? :confused:

Week 1 - update/finalize touring plans with the "live entertainment" schedules; get Ranger and Mel's "vacation" stuff together; start checking the Orlando weather forecast ... :worship: ; organize all the "kid's "stuff" (books, pins, travel crap ...);

24 hours to go - pack :eek: [I know - but this trip is a surprise for the DD - so we have to wait until the last minute!]; take Ranger to his "resort";

12 hours to go - try to sleep ...

6 hours to go - give up trying to sleep ... get up ... shower ... breakfast ...

5 hours to go - wake the DD up and tell her we're going on a trip!!

4 hours to go - start driving to Mom's house

3 hours to go - arrive at Mom's house and pile into her van with the rest of the gang ...

... and tell DD "We're going to Disney World!!!" :dance3:

2 hours to go - sit and wait at the airport ... :upsidedow ... watch kids going crazy with excitement ... refrain from joining them and running around the terminal ... :rolleyes1

Later ...

YAY for paying off the trip!!!! Good job!

LOVE it! Great list!!!:lovestruc You'll have to let me know what DD thinks about this Encyclopedia..maybe my boys would like it for Christmas this year? Sounds neat!!!

You made me smile reading your 24 hour countdown...that's me to a "t" counting down.....yay, we're on serious countdown now!!!!!!

Does DD start school in August or September? I just found out my boys start 9/1 (before Labor day!) this year, usually it's after Labor day. Summer is really starting to fly by.......

Have a nice day and an even better weekend!!:goodvibes

joelp
07-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Well - according to my "to do" list, during Week 8 I'm supposed to finish my "draft" MK Touring Plan ...

... and since Week 7 starts tomorrow:woohoo: here we go ...

Day 3 - Sep 19 - MK

5:00 am - wake up, stretch ... and go for a run ... :3dglasses

OK - I know what you're thinking: "Go for a run?? On the day he's gonna go to the MK? Is he crazy or what?!?" :scared1:

Well - kinda ... but it is my birthday, and I traditionally "have" to go for a run on my birthday ... and since I'll probably be awake anyway (I don't sleep too well at night at WDW - afternoon naps - yes! - at night???) ... I'll put in a couple miles - 20 minutes or so, just to get the heart pumping ... maybe check out the empty AK parking lot ... :laughing:

Quick breakfast at The Mara (after calling my Mom and Jed/Mindi's room to make sure they're up ... if not ... break out the water pistols!! :rotfl: )

8:15 - Arrive at MK and grab our spots on the planter/bench dead smack center in front of the Train Station ... go get my birthday gift card ... and wait [im]patiently for the Openeing Ceremony!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

On Main Street, keep an eye (or three) out for Daisy - the DD's been dying to meet her the last two trips ...

9:00 to 9:40 - Fantasyland: Peter Pan amd Winnie the Pooh (+ Dumbo or Mad Tea Party [sans yours truly - spinning in circles makes my tummy go Aaargherrrrrorrruuuup!!!] if time permits ...)

Why the time limit? - cuz we gotta get to the Toontown rope drop and then dash to Pixie Hollow - cuz the girls want to meet some Fairies!!
:tinker:
I figure we'll spend most of the morning waiting for and hangin' with Tink and her buds ... and otherwise hitting the Toontown attractions ...

Or - depending on what the crew wants to do - we can jump on the RR and head over to Frontierland for Big Thunder Mtn RR and/or Splash Mtn after checking out Tink's wings ...

Around noon - lunch will be at a CS restuarant depending on where we are when we get hungry (probably Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's ...) - but also try to check out the "Move It! Shake It! Street Party" at 12:30 ...

I'll be staying in the MK - but at this point anyone who wants can head back to the AKL for an afternoon break - where they may (or may not - we haven't figured this part out yet ...) meet up with Claire, Jim, and Grace for some relaxin' ...

1:00 to 3:00 - BTMRR, SM (if we hadn't already done 'em ...), Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Monsters, Inc ... [in theory ... in practice? ... we may end up taking a nap in the Country Bear Jamboree ... :rotfl2: !!)

3:00 to 4:00 - afternoon parade

4:30 - dinner at 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridean

6:30 - back to the MK: take the RR to Toontown and walk into Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic, IASM, and Cinderella's Carousel (with the DD on Cindy's horse!! :thumbsup2 )

7:30 - get a spot on Main Street for Spectromagic :cheer2:

8:30 - get a good spot for Wishes :cool1:

a little shopping afterwards - then its back to the AKL ... :cloud9:

... and sleep ... :upsidedow

I know - a little ambitious ... but probably doable if the crowds aren't too bad ... If they are? :idea: ... go to "Plan B" ...

So - a little over 3 hours from now, it'll be:

7 Weeks to Go!!!

princess&her4princes
07-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Well - according to my "to do" list, during Week 8 I'm supposed to finish my "draft" MK Touring Plan ...

... and since Week 7 starts tomorrow:woohoo: here we go ...

Day 3 - Sep 19 - MK

5:00 am - wake up, stretch ... and go for a run ... :3dglasses

OK - I know what you're thinking: "Go for a run?? On the day he's gonna go to the MK? Is he crazy or what?!?" :scared1:

Well - kinda ... but it is my birthday, and I traditionally "have" to go for a run on my birthday ... and since I'll probably be awake anyway (I don't sleep too well at night at WDW - afternoon naps - yes! - at night???) ... I'll put in a couple miles - 20 minutes or so, just to get the heart pumping ... maybe check out the empty AK parking lot ... :laughing:

Tradition is tradition....and it's a good way to start the day!!:thumbsup2

Quick breakfast at The Mara (after calling my Mom and Jed/Mindi's room to make sure they're up ... if not ... break out the water pistols!! :rotfl: )

:laughing: They better be up....water pistols!!!!

8:15 - Arrive at MK and grab our spots on the planter/bench dead smack center in front of the Train Station ... go get my birthday gift card ... and wait [im]patiently for the Openeing Ceremony!!

:cloud9: Sounds like a great way to start your MK day!!!

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

On Main Street, keep an eye (or three) out for Daisy - the DD's been dying to meet her the last two trips ...

9:00 to 9:40 - Fantasyland: Peter Pan amd Winnie the Pooh (+ Dumbo or Mad Tea Party [sans yours truly - spinning in circles makes my tummy go Aaargherrrrrorrruuuup!!!] if time permits ...)

Why the time limit? - cuz we gotta get to the Toontown rope drop and then dash to Pixie Hollow - cuz the girls want to meet some Fairies!!
:tinker:
I figure we'll spend most of the morning waiting for and hangin' with Tink and her buds ... and otherwise hitting the Toontown attractions ...

Or - depending on what the crew wants to do - we can jump on the RR and head over to Frontierland for Big Thunder Mtn RR and/or Splash Mtn after checking out Tink's wings ...

Around noon - lunch will be at a CS restuarant depending on where we are when we get hungry (probably Columbia Harbor House or Cosmic Ray's ...) - but also try to check out the "Move It! Shake It! Street Party" at 12:30 ...

Looking forward to checking out Move It! Shake It! Street Party, too!!! How did you know that it' s at 12:30? I'm missing something here....good thing your my DIS friends, you have some "ins" I don't know about!!;)

I'll be staying in the MK - but at this point anyone who wants can head back to the AKL for an afternoon break - where they may (or may not - we haven't figured this part out yet ...) meet up with Claire, Jim, and Grace for some relaxin' ...

1:00 to 3:00 - BTMRR, SM (if we hadn't already done 'em ...), Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Monsters, Inc ... [in theory ... in practice? ... we may end up taking a nap in the Country Bear Jamboree ... :rotfl2: !!)

3:00 to 4:00 - afternoon parade

4:30 - dinner at 1900 Park Faire in the Grand Floridean

Can't wait to hear all about this dinner!!!

6:30 - back to the MK: take the RR to Toontown and walk into Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic, IASM, and Cinderella's Carousel (with the DD on Cindy's horse!! :thumbsup2 )

7:30 - get a spot on Main Street for Spectromagic :cheer2:

8:30 - get a good spot for Wishes :cool1:

a little shopping afterwards - then its back to the AKL ... :cloud9:

... and sleep ... :upsidedow

I know - a little ambitious ... but probably doable if the crowds aren't too bad ... If they are? :idea: ... go to "Plan B" ...

So - a little over 3 hours from now, it'll be:

7 Weeks to Go!!!

WOW...that is QUITE the plan, I'm impressed!!!:thumbsup2 But somehow I think you'll do it all! And I think you'll sleep good that night, that's a lot to cover in just one day!!!

And WOOHOO 7 more weeks from today!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

joelp
07-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Good morning!!:cheer2:

Seven Weeks to Go!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Check out this site for show/events times:

http://pages.progidy.net/stevesoares/

Later ... :upsidedow

princess&her4princes
07-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Good morning!!:cheer2:

Seven Weeks to Go!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Check out this site for show/events times:

http://pages.progidy.net/stevesoares/

Later ... :upsidedow

You're awesome, thank you!!!!:cutie:

lisalonglash
08-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm in! Now, to go back and read what looks to be a very entertaining PTR! popcorn::

joelp
08-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Welcome!!

Where in BC?

I went to graduate school at UBC way back when ... :)

lisalonglash
08-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Welcome!!

Where in BC?

I went to graduate school at UBC way back when ... :)

Thanks, Joel! We're in S. Surrey, very near the WA State border :goodvibes

joelp
08-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Just ordered my rewards card from Disney VISA - $150 to spend in WDW!!! :banana:

... still leaving me about $80 for the next trip ... so far ... :rotfl:

Jed (my brother), Mindy (SIL), and Nina (DN) were up here in NJ (from Tampa) for a short visit - the cousins got to play and chase lightning bugs yesterday ... :thumbsup2 ... That was a first for Nina, because - of all the bugs they have in FLA - they don't have lightning bugs ... :sad2:

Looks like Jed and Allan (my other brother) will be doing the Richard Petty drive fast and need clean underwear afterwards thingy on Friday (Sep 18) ... so I'll warm Allan up with Test Track!! :woohoo: Unfortunately, that means he won't be with us for lunch with the Princesses at Akershus (which may be a good thing for the Princess!! :lmao: )

Have to go ... taking the DD to camp early today ... something about a special trip to hang out with some penguins :idea: ... the DW didn't get the whole story Friday ... Hope she doesn't come home smelling like ... :fish: ... or worse ... :scared1:

princess&her4princes
08-03-2009, 06:38 AM
That's awesome that you have that many rewards!! This is my 1st year with the Disney card and I just cashed my card out last night with only 50 pts. Do you use your card in the parks? Or cash it in for Disney dollars? I read somewhere it was easier to do that...

Hope you have a great day! Is DD heading to Camden aquarium? Or Philly zoo? Sounds fun!!! Hope she has a great day!!:goodvibes

joelp
08-07-2009, 05:02 AM
That's awesome that you have that many rewards!! This is my 1st year with the Disney card and I just cashed my card out last night with only 50 pts. Do you use your card in the parks? Or cash it in for Disney dollars? I read somewhere it was easier to do that... I haven't used it yet - I'm planning on bringing it to the parks for spending $$ ... I guess we'll see how it works out ...

Hope you have a great day! Is DD heading to Camden aquarium? Or Philly zoo? Sounds fun!!! Hope she has a great day!!:goodvibes

Actually, Jenkinson's Aquarium (in Pt. Pleasant) has a "roving" penguin who was making a visit to a neighboring Kindercare ... (picture a penguin waddling down the side of the road, one flipper stuck out trying to hitch a ride ... :rotfl2: )

joelp
08-07-2009, 05:06 AM
6 Weeks to Go!!!

(- 1 day ... the DW REALLY needed to use the computer last night ...)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :woohoo:

The "draft" AK touring plan is ready - I'll try and post it this weekend ...

The VISA bill should be coming in the mail any day now ... :upsidedow

princess&her4princes
08-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Actually, Jenkinson's Aquarium (in Pt. Pleasant) has a "roving" penguin who was making a visit to a neighboring Kindercare ... (picture a penguin waddling down the side of the road, one flipper stuck out trying to hitch a ride ... :rotfl2: )

LOL!! :rotfl: Fun!!

6 Weeks to Go!!!

(- 1 day ... the DW REALLY needed to use the computer last night ...)

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :banana: :woohoo:

The "draft" AK touring plan is ready - I'll try and post it this weekend ...

The VISA bill should be coming in the mail any day now ... :upsidedow

Woohoo!! -2 days 6 more weeks!!!:yay:

joelp
08-09-2009, 06:09 AM
The VISA bill has arrived!! :banana:

(OK - that's about the only time I'll be happy about getting a VISA bill in the mail ... :rotfl: )

No sign of the "WDW mail" I REALLY want to get ... :wizard:

I just realized I forgot to send my AK touring plan home from my work computer ... :headache: ... I could probably wing it here ... but you'll have to wait until tomorrow ... :upsidedow

joelp
08-12-2009, 06:30 AM
My Disney VISA Rewards card arrived the other day - it took less than a week to get here!!! :banana:

No sign of that "special" mail from WDW yet ...

Started making my packing list ... actually, going through the "WDW Ultimate Packing List" and crossing out the things I don't need to bring (camping gear ... pajamas for the DD ... satellite TV dish ... ) :rotfl:

Was watching some WDW videos on youtube yesterday with the DD - and she was going along naming all the rides and letting me know what she wants to do on our next visit - a long time from now ... :)

The Imagination Movers are on tour again ... tix go sale here Saturday for the "local" (actually - 1 1/2 hours away) performance at the Keswick Theatre in Glenside, PA ... It's a great old theatre which the DW and I have been going to for lots of years now ... so we don't mind the drive ...

Hope to post my AK Touring Plan tonight ...

princess&her4princes
08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
I got my Disney Rewards this week too! Yay!!:cool1: I can't believe you didn't get your "special" mail from Mickey yet, soon I'm sure!!:thumbsup2

Oh, what fun to see "Imagination Movers", that sounds fun and in Glenside...love it!! Near Abington, right? We didn't live far from there in Philly.... have you seen them in concert before? :confused3

We're on countdown my friend, I have to get going on my packing list, too. I'm so excited that Danielle doesn't know that you're going, how are you going to surprise her again?? I forget!!

joelp
08-14-2009, 05:04 AM
5 Weeks (-1 day ... fell asleep last night reading the Classics Illustrated version of "Cinderella" to the DD ... :rotfl: )

To GO!!

:cheer2: :dance3: :woohoo: :banana: :cool1:

So that means - to keep with my "to do" list schedule - I'd better post our "draft final" AK Touring Plan ... which will also be the last day of our (way toooo short :sad2: ) vacation ...

Sept 20 - AK

Get up early, have a light breakfast at The Mara, check out of the AKL :sad1: and check-in at the airline desk for the flight home ...

Arrive at AK ~8:30 for "The Awakening"

Hit the new centralized FP kiosk and get FPs for Everest (Vicki and Delani) and Dinosuar (everyone else) - and maybe for Kiliminjaro Safaris, too ...

Check out the habitats in The Oasis

10 - Festival of the Lion King (great way to start a day at the AK! :thumbsup2 )

Camp Minnie-Mickey Characters (the DD loves Minnie!!)

11:30 - Finding Nemo (didn't see this last trip ...)

Maharajah Jungle Trek

Lunch - Flame Tree BBQ or Pizzafari (probably the latter - cuz it will have A/C, pizza, and we've never eaten there ...)

Kilimijaros Safaris (grab a FP ...)

Pangani Exploration Trail

and then just hang out doing what we want, strolling around, shopping, sucking up a last bit of that WDW spirit ... until 3:30 - when we have to catch a bus back to the AKL ... where we'll hang out until the ME bus leaves for MCO at around 5 ...

And thus ends my birthday trip to WDW ... :wizard:

Whaddya think?

joelp
08-14-2009, 05:10 AM
I got my Disney Rewards this week too! Yay!!:cool1: I can't believe you didn't get your "special" mail from Mickey yet, soon I'm sure!!:thumbsup2

I'll give it a few more days and then drop a line to the TA ... maybe they send it to her for forwarding to me?

Oh, what fun to see "Imagination Movers", that sounds fun and in Glenside...love it!! Near Abington, right? We didn't live far from there in Philly.... have you seen them in concert before? :confused3

Haven't seen them before - the DD really wanted to last year but we missed them ... It should be great, cuz the theatre is gorgeous and not that big ...

We're on countdown my friend, I have to get going on my packing list, too. I'm so excited that Danielle doesn't know that you're going, how are you going to surprise her again?? I forget!!

We're not gonna tell her until we meet up with the rest of the crew at my Mother's ... but I still have to think of a "white lie" to tell her why Ranger is at his "resort", why she doesn't have to go to school, etc. ... :rolleyes1

I guess I could say we're all taking a surprise trip down to FLA to see her cousin Nina (which isn't a lie after all ...)

That could work ... :upsidedow

joelp
08-17-2009, 06:57 AM
[Anyone out there? ... :) ]

It's hard to believe, but there's only

One Month to Go!!!!!

I finally managed to go through the photos from our December trip and get them loaded onto Shutterfly - now I just have to order the prints ...

Which leads to a quandry: to get the Photopass CD (and book) this trip or not? :confused3

Pros: you get some great pictures - including shots of the whole group -and I was going to make extra copies of the Photobook for the nieces as Christmas presents ... (but I could just do that through Shutterfly ...)

Cons: the price has gone up $50 (to a whopping $170!!), we're only going to be in WDW parks for 3 days, and I'm not sure how cooperative the crew will be when it comes to taking photos ... :3dglasses Plus, Vicki will be there running amok with her camera ... and I can take still photos with my videocamera ...

Hmmm - whaddya think?

Still no sign of "magic mail" from WDW ... :rolleyes1

Me and the princess: were watching some WDW videos on youtube last night and she gave me her "priority" rides for her next visit to WDW (even though she doesn't know we're going!! :thumbsup2 ) - Winnie the Pooh, iasm, and - of all things - POTC!! pirate: (although I think she's a bit young to have a hankering for Capt. Jack Sparrow ...)

Time to take the DD to summer camp ... only two weeks more ... and then she starts First Grade!! :eek:

princess&her4princes
08-17-2009, 07:04 AM
I'm here Joelp!!!!:thumbsup2 2 more weeks of Summer camp and 1st grade..sigh...didn't this Summer go by so fast?!! But on the same note....it gets us that much closer to our trips!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

WOW...photopass is $170 if you prebuy? I swear when I just looked into it, it wasn't that much?!! If it is...I say don't do it for this quick trip, you can still have the Photopass photographers take your pic on your camera, they would graciously offer when we used them last trip, even though I was buying Photopass anyways, it was nice to have some pics sooner than later, you know? Or get a photopass card and just buy the couple that you can't live without? Maybe a nice group one? Or can you split it with your party??

No Disney Mail? I got more this weekend....will update my PTR later...stay tuned!!! And call your TA!!!;)

joelp
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
$170 for the CD and photobook ... :sad2:

I just ordered my Dec 08 prints from Shutterfly - 242 of them!! :laughing: (15 were free ...)

But I first pre-paid for 400 prints (at 11 cents each instead of 15 cents ...) - so I'll have about 150 pre-paid left for the September trip ... :thumbsup2

And the more I think about it, I'm leaning towards bagging the Photopass deal and just doing photobooks on Shutterfly ... :rolleyes:

Oh yeah - paid the VISA bill for the WDW trip today ... (ouch!!) ... but the timing is right cuz there's

Only 1 Month to Go!!

Later ...

joelp
08-18-2009, 07:14 PM
WDW Day - 30 Update:

I heard from the TA today ... :yay: She sent me some forms to sign and send back to her - which I just did ... :banana: And she expects to send me the WDW "magic mail" in a week or so ... :dance3:

I was in the Dollar Tree yesterday and picked up some stuff for the DD and younger DN (Alana) to keep them busy on the plane: a "Disney Adventures" coloring book (which could also double as a storybook - it has Peter Pan, Aladdin, Tarzan, and some-other-story-which-I-forget-at-the-moment) for the DD and a Disney word search book for Alana ...

Nothin' for Delani (the older DN) - but I'm going to hit Borders and get her a copy of "Kingdom Keepers" (Disney After Dark) ... it's been in the bargain section for $2.99 (after I paid $8.99!! :headache: ) - and she likes to read ... :thumbsup2

And that inspired me to wade through the Disney bags in my closet and organize the stuff I've picked up so far: 24 pins for trading (8 for each kid ...), Tinker Bell t-shirts for the girls (to wear at the MK ...), a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sticker/activity book, and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse magnet playset/book ...

I still have to pick up glow bracelets and bubbles!! (don't leave home without them!! :laughing: ) - and snacks ... popcorn::

All for now ...

princess&her4princes
08-18-2009, 07:36 PM
WDW Day - 30 Update:

I heard from the TA today ... :yay: She sent me some forms to sign and send back to her - which I just did ... :banana: And she expects to send me the WDW "magic mail" in a week or so ... :dance3:

I was in the Dollar Tree yesterday and picked up some stuff for the DD and younger DN (Alana) to keep them busy on the plane: a "Disney Adventures" coloring book (which could also double as a storybook - it has Peter Pan, Aladdin, Tarzan, and some-other-story-which-I-forget-at-the-moment) for the DD and a Disney word search book for Alana ...

Nothin' for Delani (the older DN) - but I'm going to hit Borders and get her a copy of "Kingdom Keepers" (Disney After Dark) ... it's been in the bargain section for $2.99 (after I paid $8.99!! :headache: ) - and she likes to read ... :thumbsup2

And that inspired me to wade through the Disney bags in my closet and organize the stuff I've picked up so far: 24 pins for trading (8 for each kid ...), Tinker Bell t-shirts for the girls (to wear at the MK ...), a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse sticker/activity book, and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse magnet playset/book ...

I still have to pick up glow bracelets and bubbles!! (don't leave home without them!! :laughing: ) - and snacks ... popcorn::

All for now ...

Less than a month!!!!!:yay: And you heard from TA, woohoo!!!!:worship: Can you believe it...it's almost time!!!! 26 days, I can't believe it!?!!

Sounds like you're really getting some great stuff picked up for the trip!:thumbsup2 You're so good picking up these things for the kids!! They are going to be SO excited!!! I can't wait to hear the surprise!!!

Have you compared our schedules? Will we be passing ships? I haven't compared.....

joelp
08-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Have you compared our schedules? Will we be passing ships? I haven't compared.....

I think I compared them some time ago ... and we may get to wave to each other on passing buses!! :rotfl: ... again!! :rotfl2:

We're at AKL Sep 17, Epcot on the 18th, MK - 19th, and AK and flying home on the 20th ...

WDW Day - 29 Update:

The DD is invited to a "Princess Tea" Birthday Party Saturday - and her friend LOVES Ariel ... so I stopped by my favorite store in the whole world after work: the Disney Outlet in Jackson, NJ - and put my 15% off Disney VISA coupon to work ... Picked up a Satin Ariel Bomber Jacket for the birthday-girl ... :thumbsup2

And for the DD for the WDW trip: Tink sunglasses (to replace the pair she lost earlier this summer ... :headache: ) ... and a t-shirt with all the Disney Princesses (except Mulan) on it ...

So instead of an autograph book, we'll have the queens-in-waiting sign the shirt and the Disney Character Jr. Encyclopedia I also got her. :3dglasses

And - after a cold and dreary June and a surprisingly pleasant July - we're back to our typical New Jersey August weather: hazy, HOT, and HUMID!!! :sad2: So we should be "physically conditioned" for anything FLA may send our way in September ... :upsidedow ... except a hurricane!! :scared1:

I plan to start reading the Fodor's WDW Guide for Kids tonight when I put the DD to sleep. With four kids along on this trip, I need to brush up a little ... :rolleyes1 ... let's see how far I get before the DD takes me down (and out ...) with her ... :cloud9:

Time for the :laundy:

Until tomorrow's update ... pixiedust:

princess&her4princes
08-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Well that just stinks!! :headache: It would have been nice to meet you, even for a minute! We'll just have to wave then (again!)...and I think I thought our dates we exact and we're a little bit off....I'm there 9/14-18 and you're just getting started really then....we may need to coordinate better for our 2010 trips....lol!!:lmao: Only kidding....I know we're both waiting until 2011! ;)

You're so good you do all this shopping, I'm impressed!!! My DH would have nothing to do with that!! Good for you!! And you made out well, nice job! I'm sure the birthday girl will love her new jacket!! And DD will love her new shades!

Did you get any reading done tonight? And did you say HURRICANE? Get that thought out of your mind...NOW! As Hurricane Bill is coming up the coast this weekend......:eek: We can handle it...we're getting the same lovely HUMID 90+ weather here...maybe it's just preparing us for our trips!!

Okay..off to bed myself.....looking forward to your next update!:goodvibes

joelp
08-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Did you get any reading done tonight? ...looking forward to your next update!:goodvibes

To answer your question -

WDW Day - 28 Update:

Which means ... there's only ...

4 Weeks to Go!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo::woohoo:

The DD went down fairly easily last night, after a Lion King Story, a Pooh/Eeyore story, and in the middle of a Cabbage Patch Kids book (the latter is not one of your better pieces of kid-lit!! :sad2: )

And she didn't take me down with her (for a change ...) :yay:

So I hung for a bit and started reading the Fodor's WDW with Kids (2007 - a tad out of date, but still useful ... but I'll definitely have to get a more recent version for the next trip ... :laughing: )

And right there on page 8 was the section "Should We Take the Kids Out of School? ...[and we ALL know the answer to that one!! :jumping2: ]

But the book also included a few suggested "educational activities" ... which got me thinking ...

So I went into my e-mail in-box folder WDW - Educational Crap :rotfl2: ... and looked over the dozen-or-so AllEars e-mails I had saved over the past few months for some more ideas ...

And decided Danielle's "project" will be a journal/scrapbook ... with two sections. The first will be the "journal", with a couple pages for each day of the trip where she can write what we did/saw - her favorite thing for the day - where/what we ate - anything special that happened, etc. ...

[btw - anyone have any other ideas for things she can "record" in her journal?]

Plus I'll leave some space where she can put in a photo or 2 ...

The second part will have a page for each letter of the alphabet - and maybe the #s 1-10 - where she can write or glue stuff she sees and does that correspond to that letter or number ...

And there's also the Kidcot Stations at Epcot and the Discovery Club Stations at the Animal Kingdom ... not to mention we'll be staying at the AKL ... and the Hall of Presidents and POTC :rotfl: at the MK ...

So she'll probably get more educatin' on our trip to WDW then she would have sitting in her classroom ... :upsidedow

And ... our December 2008 photos arrived from Shutterfly today - all 247 of them!! Big envelope!! REALLY BIG envelope!! :lmao: :banana:

So I have my weekend project ... (among cutting the lawn, giving the dog a bath, cleaning some gutters ... :sick: )

Until tomorrow ...

joelp
08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
WDW Day -27 Update:

I left work 1/2 hour early today and got a pre-WDW haircut .. (exciting stuff, I know ...) :rotfl:

I started working on the scrapbook part of the DD's journal - printed out 2 pages for each letter - printed in 72 point type with some kinda funky font ... looks pretty cool if I do say so myself (which I just did ... :) )

Walgreens has 3-ring binders and plastic sheet protectors for sale - so that's where I'll be tomorrow ... :thumbsup2... (now if I can just remember where I put all this Disney stickers I bought last December ... :headache: )

And - if my 8:30 softball game gets canned tomorrow (rain, lightning, thunderboomers ...) I can take the DD to the special VISA event at the local Disney Store at 9:00 ... :banana:

The DD and I sorted the 400+ photos from the December trip into piles for each day of the trip ... now I just have to take a good look at them and decide which ones to use, which ones to reprint, etc. ...

Oh, yeah - I ran through my WDW budget this morning and - by my calculations - I don't need to put any more $$ aside!! Actually - I'm $5 ahead at this point!! :dance3:

Later ...

princess&her4princes
08-21-2009, 08:06 PM
You're a busy guy!!!! You made me tired just reading your post.....and made me feel guilty for not being more on the ball with my December pics!! LOL!!:lmao:

I got that notice for the thing at the Disney store tomorrow a.m.....ever been to it before? Hmm..wonder where I put that.....I better go and look!

Have a nice weekend....are you guys getting hit with Bill like us? Stay safe!!!:goodvibes

joelp
08-22-2009, 05:55 PM
WDW Day - 26 Update:

Well - a big thunderstorm rolled through here about 5:30 am, and it rained for about an hour - which meant no softball game ... :upsidedow

... and the sun (and humidity) came out ...

But we didn't care, cuz the DD, DW and I were going to the Disney VISA event at our local Disney Store!! :yay:

It was nice and Danielle had a lot of fun: there were mini-muffins, Munchkins, cookies, water and juice - and we got a Tink tote bag for a "free gift" ... and the CMs were great, too!! :)

I was a bit surprised, because there were only about twenty people total there - but they were all fellow members of the "Disney Cult" ... :rotfl2:

Danielle made some new friends while coloring and during story-time ...

And then came the Hot Potato game (with a Mickey plush) - but the DD didn't want to play "Because I never win!!" :sad2: [whine - whine - whine!] But I convinced her to play because "If you don't try, you'll definitely not win!"

And she WON!! :woohoo: The prize? - a $5 Disney Gift Card ... so she was on :cloud9: ...

So we bought a few things on sale - totalling up to $50 so we would get 10% off using the Disney VISA: a couple Classic Princess dolls (Aurora for the DD and Snow White for her cousin, whose birthday is in a couple weeks ...), a Tink bathing suit (for next year, maybe - Size 8), a nightgown, a Fairy Journal, some other little stuff ...

And on the way out of the mall we hit B. Dalton and I picked up a copy of Disney After Dark ($2.99 in the bargain section) for Delani to read on the flight ... :thumbsup2

After that - off to Walgreens to get the binders and sheet protectors for the DD's WDW journal/scrapbook ...

And while the DD and DW were off at her friend's Disney Princess Tea Birthday Party ... I went and saw a movie ... "Inglorious *******s" (not rated "G" ... :rotfl: ) [guess you can't use that word on the DIS!! :lmao:)

Cut the front lawn - and was too tired and sweaty to start on the back ...

A little BBQ (burgers ...)

And now - it's tme for Pinochio!! :rainbow:

lisalonglash
08-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Sorry about the softball game. Woohooo for the Disney VISA event - sounds like a good time had by all! :goodvibes O/T whine alert - it still bugs me that Canadians can't get a Disney VISA :headache: whine over :laughing: Woohooo for your dd! :cool1: Great deal on the book - love a good bargain! :thumbsup2 I hope you all enjoyed Pinocchio :)

Dizneydaz
08-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Just found your TR. Haven't read it all yet but wanted to post-I celebrated my 50th at DLR in June. So I totally get it! Also, we are celebrating 2 big "0" birthdays next month-my DD (same name as yours!) will be 10 on 9-19 and my DM will be 70 on the 22nd. I can't think of a better place to spend a birthday!

The PP CD is still only $99.95 if you pre-order. I got a group of people together to do one. And since I'm a DLR APH will be going to DLR before our trip so I can add those to the same CD. I love taking PP pix-makes sure I get in some pictures (usually I'm the one behind the camera).

I don't have to take DD out of school to do WDW (though I totally would!) but she's in year round and gets off this Friday. She's already had 2 months of 5th grade. We leave in only 20 days and will be spending a few days before going to DLR. (Hope the crowds are less by then :) ).

i'll read the rest of your PTR, especially now that i've subscribed. I'm envious that you're staying at AKL-I love that resort! Nothing better than eating your morning cereal on the balcony while watching, and listening, to the animals having their breakfast.:cloud9:

I didn't know about the DV event. Wonder if they did one here?

joelp
08-24-2009, 06:15 AM
Sorry about the softball game. Woohooo for the Disney VISA event - sounds like a good time had by all! :goodvibes O/T whine alert - it still bugs me that Canadians can't get a Disney VISA :headache: whine over :laughing: Woohooo for your dd! :cool1: Great deal on the book - love a good bargain! :thumbsup2 I hope you all enjoyed Pinocchio :)

Welcome back!!

Wellll - here it is, a little late, but ...

WDW - Day 25 Update:

I fell asleep watching Pinocchio ... :lmao: (at 8 pm - pretty bad for a Sarurday night, huh? :rotfl: ) And about 1/2 hour into the movie, the DD - who was cuddling with me on the recliner - looked up and said "Daddy, I wanna go to bed." - So, we still have a movie to watch ... :laughing:

Yesterday we visited my Mom - and Danielle's cousins Delani and Alana (who will be going to WDW with us) were there, too ...

My Mom goes to Atlantic City a lot, so she gets lots of big time freebies from the casinos - like a free cruise next year!! :yay: So she's going to do a Spain, France, Italy cruise with the two older cousins (nice, huh? - they just did Alaska!), and she was trying to find something to do with the younger cousins (Danielle and Nina ...) ...

So I suggested Bippidi Boppidi Boutique (or however you spell it!! pirate: ) - and she loved the idea ... so I called down to WDW on the off chance that something would be available for two 5-year old girls on Sep 19 ...

And there was!! But at 2:30 ... which would mess up the afternoon break or mean missing the afternoon parade ... so we passed ...

But I'll keep on checking over the next few weeks ...

Other than that, it was a slow day in the WDW planning/organizing/etc. way of things ...

joelp
08-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Welcome!! I just "signed onto" your PTR, too ... :thumbsup2

Just found your TR. Haven't read it all yet but wanted to post-I celebrated my 50th at DLR in June. So I totally get it! Also, we are celebrating 2 big "0" birthdays next month-my DD (same name as yours!) will be 10 on 9-19 and my DM will be 70 on the 22nd. I can't think of a better place to spend a birthday!

Don't you me same "date" as mine? ... :rotfl:

Are you gonna be in the Magic Kingdom on the 19th?

The PP CD is still only $99.95 if you pre-order.

The $179 price includes the photo book ... but after seeing the price of photobooks on Shutterfly, I may just get the photo CD and then do photo books for all the kids on Shutterfly. They won't be as "nice" as the WDW Photopass/books, but they should still be pretty cool ...

I don't have to take DD out of school to do WDW (though I totally would!) but she's in year round and gets off this Friday. She's already had 2 months of 5th grade. We leave in only 20 days and will be spending a few days before going to DLR. (Hope the crowds are less by then :) ).

Our DD did camp at Kindercare - where she also did Kindergarten - so she really feels like she's been in school all year, too!!

i'll read the rest of your PTR, especially now that i've subscribed. I'm envious that you're staying at AKL-I love that resort! Nothing better than eating your morning cereal on the balcony while watching, and listening, to the animals having their breakfast.:cloud9:

I'm REALLY hoping we get a "birthday" upgrade to a Savannah View room - but the Pool View rooms are nice, too, and very convenient to The Mara, etc. ... and the pool!! :rotfl2:

I didn't know about the DV event. Wonder if they did one here?

I would have thought it would have been a national thing? Maybe they tested it here and plan to expand it to other areas??

Time for work ... :headache:

Dizneydaz
08-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Welcome!! I just "signed onto" your PTR, too ... :thumbsup2

I would have thought it would have been a national thing? Maybe they tested it here and plan to expand it to other areas??

Time for work ... :headache:

Thanks. No, I meant my DD has the same name as your DD. :rotfl2:

Yes, we'll be in MK on the 19th. We have ADRS at CP aat 8:05 a.m.. If we make it it'll be our first early entry meal! Coming for California it's harder to get up early but by then we'll have been there for a week so I think it's doable.

Normally when we go I don't know what days, for sure, we'll be in the parks. We keep our plans kinda flexible. I make many of our ADRS outside the parks so we don't have to go in a park just to have dinner. :laughing: However, this year to take advantage of the free birthday promotion I know we'll be in the parks on the 19th and 22nd as well.

The photobooks from Shutterfly are really nice. Nicer even than the ones from Snapfish. You should be happy with their quality. :goodvibes

Here's some magic for your Savannah upgrade :wizard: :tink: Last time we stayed at AKL (was it really 5 years ago, wow how time flies) we were there just after the hurricanes had hit the area. While we were checking in some guests interrupted our check in to talk to the CM handling us. After they left the CM explained that they had been there during the hurricane and had become attached to her. She thanked me for waiting so patiently. It was at this time that I asked if there was any chance of getting an upgrade (we had booked parking lot view :rotfl:). She gave me a wink and said she already had! :cloud9: It's the one and only time I've ever asked for an upgrade. So my advice is when you check in, be super nice and if they don't offer the upgrade, ask, all they can do is say no.

BTW, sorry for the capitalization errors on my reply..I'm still getting used to typing on a laptop-they keys are spread out more than a regular QWERTY and sometimes (apparently) I miss the Shift key! :rotfl:

joelp
08-24-2009, 06:58 PM
No, I meant my DD has the same name as your DD. :rotfl2:
OK - I think I have it figured out ... :upsidedow ... maybe ...

Yes, we'll be in MK on the 19th. We have ADRS at CP aat 8:05 a.m.. If we make it it'll be our first early entry meal!

Definitely get up and get there early!! We did it a couple of years ago and it is soooo cool to have the MK practically to yourself!! But also give yourself some extra time so you can wander around a bit, take lots of pictures, and slowly walk up Main Street to the CP ...

If you get there "late", we'll be sitting by the planter dead center in front of the train station waiting for the "Welcoming Ceremony" ... :rotfl:

However, this year to take advantage of the free birthday promotion I know we'll be in the parks on the 19th and 22nd as well.

We have a 4:30 ADR at 1900 Park Faire on the 19th ... but I'll be back at work on the 22nd ... :sad1:

The photobooks from Shutterfly are really nice. Nicer even than the ones from Snapfish. You should be happy with their quality. :goodvibes

I've pretty much decided that's what I'm gonna do ... :thumbsup2

Here's some magic for your Savannah upgrade :wizard: :tink: Last time we stayed at AKL (was it really 5 years ago, wow how time flies) we were there just after the hurricanes had hit the area. While we were checking in some guests interrupted our check in to talk to the CM handling us. After they left the CM explained that they had been there during the hurricane and had become attached to her. She thanked me for waiting so patiently. It was at this time that I asked if there was any chance of getting an upgrade (we had booked parking lot view :rotfl:). She gave me a wink and said she already had! :cloud9: It's the one and only time I've ever asked for an upgrade. So my advice is when you check in, be super nice and if they don't offer the upgrade, ask, all they can do is say no.

The only complication is we have two rooms booked ... and a third room is joining us the next day ... So asking for both rooms to be upgraded is a bit much ... But, we'll see what happens ... :3dglasses

OK - time to do today's update:

WDW Day - 25 Update:

First off - did any of you catch the triple play the Phillies 2nd baseman pulled yesterday?!?

I don't get the Phils on the cable channel where I live (why? - I don't know!! :headache: ) and I'm not gonna pay to see them on the internet ... pirate: ... so the only chance I get to see them is when I visit my Mom (or when they're on ESPN ... )

So my stepfather and I were watching the game - and waiting for Lidge to blow another save (through no fault of his own this time, however ...) when - BANG! - the game was over!!

Only the 15th unassisted triple play ever - they're rarer than Perfect Games (only 16 of them ...) ... very cool!

And - the last time the Phils had an unassisted triple play - I was sitting in the parking lot of some store while Vicki was shopping, listening to the game on the radio ... back in 1992!!

OK - on to WDW stuff ...

Actually, not much to write about ...

I'm continuing to work my way through the WDW Kid's Guide ... and one of the tips I found today was to eat meals at off times ... :idea: ... so I'm going to take a look at my MK and AK touring plans and see what changes would be needed to eat lunch at 11:30 instead of 12:30. Since we'll be up and out early, we'll probably be hungry by then anyhow ... and we have early dinners planned for those days, too ... so it makes since (maybe ...)

Also, Jack Spence's blog on the AllEars site has a nice "tour" of Rafiki's Planet Watch - so I'm thinking of trying to fit that in, too (but what do we give up to do it?) :confused3

Have any of you paid a visit to Rafiki? Is it worth it? Howl ong does it take?

and - That's All Folks!!

Dizneydaz
08-24-2009, 07:31 PM
We've done Rafiki's almost everytime we've gone (used to be Conservation Station). The amount of time it takes will depend on what you do, and what may be going on when you're there.

Things you can do there-search for hidden Mickey's on the animal mural wall-there are a lot of them. If there's a CM nearby they can point some out to you.

There's a small petting area. Also twice when we've been there they've brought out an animal. Once time it was Luna, an owl. This was done inside. Another time it was a huge snake, this was out near the petting area. You could touch the snake but not the owl.

As you walk up to Rafiki's there's an area for kids to learn about animals and other stuff.

We've also seen charactrers inside. Pocohontas and Rafiki.

It's also interesting (at least it was to me) on train ride you get to see the back side of part of the Safari-ifyou look closely you might catch a glimpse of the lion on top of his rock.

I would figure about an hour, or so. That's about how long we may spend there.

We have ADRs at Park Fare on the 19th too. 6:15 So if you eat slow we may see you there!:rotfl2:

princess&her4princes
08-25-2009, 05:52 PM
So...how many more DAYS?!!! :)

joelp
08-25-2009, 07:41 PM
So...how many more DAYS?!!! :)

To answer your question ...

WDW Day - 24 Update: :rotfl2:

Not much happenin' today ... read some more of the WDW Kid's Guide at work (almost through with the MK section ...) ...

... and I tweaked the Touring Plan to have an earlier lunch (around 11:30) ... which would then have us able to see the "Move it! Shake It! Celebrate It!" Street Party on Main Street at 12:30 (assuming the time for it doesn't change ...) ...

... and then those who wanted an afternoon break could then head back to the AKL for a few hours ...

Any Rennaissance fans out there?? (not the historical period - the band from the 1970's)!! :rotfl:

I just found out they're going on a 40th anniversary tour - they'll be at my favorite theatre - the Keswick in Glenside, PA on Oct 11!! :dance3:

Unfortunately, we're supposed to meeting some friends who moved to Pittsburgh last year at the Pa Renaissance Faire that weekend!! :headache:

So I'm trying to work it out to go to the Faire the following weekend - which will also have a Halloween theme for the kids (as opposed to a Wine Harvest theme ... ). :laughing:

Usually, we wait until a week before we're planning to go to the Faire and see what the weather report for the weekend is (everything is outdoors, so rain is a major bummer!!) ... but since Oct 10-12 is Columbus Day weekend, I'm not sure we can do that this year ... we'll see what happens ...

Until tomorrow ... :upsidedow

joelp
08-27-2009, 05:24 AM
THREE WEEKS TO GO!!!

:dance3: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:scared1:

:rotfl2:

Didn't get a chance to do an update last night - not that I had much to say anyway ... :laughing:

However, I did get this from Ohana90 on the Dis ... we'll give it to Danielle on the plane ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/danielle.jpg

Have a great day everyone - back later ...

princess&her4princes
08-27-2009, 07:59 AM
THREE WEEKS TO GO!!!

:dance3: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:scared1:

:rotfl2:

Didn't get a chance to do an update last night - not that I had much to say anyway ... :laughing:

However, I did get this from Ohana90 on the Dis ... we'll give it to Danielle on the plane ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/Sep09PTR/danielle.jpg

Have a great day everyone - back later ...

HOW CUTE!!!:cutie: She is going to be SO excited!!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!:yay:

joelp
08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
WDW Day - 21 Update:

So here is the (slightly) revised touring plan for our day at the MK ... popcorn::

Arrive around 8:15 and get our spots for the "Welcoming Ceremony" ...

9:00-9:45 Main Street (keeping an eye out for Daisy) and Fantasyland (Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh)

9:45-11:30 Toonrown/Pixie Hollow (the girls REALLY want to see the Fairies - so that could take most of the morning ...)

11:30 - Lunch (CS - somewhere)

12:30 Main Street - "Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It" Street Party party:

Optional break (for the weenies ... :rotfl2: ) back at the AKL ...

1:00-3:00 Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion

3:00 Afternoon Parade

then try to do Buzz and Monsters, Inc. ... before jumping on the Monorail to

4:30 Dinner at 1900 Park Faire

6:30 Back to the MK, jump on the RR and take it to Toontown - then walk to Fantasyland for Mickey's Philharmagic and iasm.

8:00 Spectromagic

9:00 Wishes

... and end with some shopping while everyone else stands in line for a bus ... :rotfl:

princess&her4princes
08-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Sounds like a great day...a full one, but fun!!!:cool1: Haven't heard much about Move it, Shake it, Celebrate street party, have to keep my eyes peeled for that while we're there, too! Sounds fun!!:banana:

I don't know about you, but I really can't believe our trips are SO close!! How did this happen? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

joelp
08-28-2009, 08:13 AM
I don't know about you, but I really can't believe our trips are SO close!! How did this happen? YAY!!!!!!!!!!!:wizard:

You see, we live on this planet - Earth ... that circles a star - The Sun ... and it takes 365 days to ... :lmao:

Yea - I know!!

And, of course, each day from now until we leave get's a few minutes shorter and shorter and shorter ... :3dglasses

princess&her4princes
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
You see, we live on this planet - Earth ... that circles a star - The Sun ... and it takes 365 days to ... :lmao:

Yea - I know!!

And, of course, each day from now until we leave get's a few minutes shorter and shorter and shorter ... :3dglasses

You're such a comedian!! :lmao: Seriously, this Summer has FLOWN by, it seemed like we had MONTHS and MONTHS (well, we did...but you know what I mean!) and here we are, weeks away!!!:yay: When does DD start school? My oldest starts 1st grade (wow!!) Tuesday, my middle son doesn't start preschool until the 11th, but I just can't believe how fast time goes by.....let's hope our trips don't go by as fast!;)

joelp
08-28-2009, 05:59 PM
The DD starts First Grade Wednesday!! :scared1:

We had orientation at her new school today - very nice, good vibes - nice library and gymnasium. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, her teacher wasn't there ... but we did get to see her classroom ... big ... and looks like there will be a total of 21 kids in the class ...

She also made her first "new school" friend - another new 1st-grade girl ... not in her class, but they've already made plans to meet on the playground!! :rotfl:

And that's it for

WDW Day - 20 Update ... :)

lisalonglash
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM

Yea - I know!!

Bahahahah! You're a card and should be dealt with :lmao:

I agree - it totally seems like some days literally FLY by!! :goodvibes

joelp
08-28-2009, 06:40 PM
WDW Day -20 Update Addendum:

Just called WDW - and managed to get ressies for the DD and her 5-year old cousin at Bippidi Boppidi Boutique in the MK on Sept 19 - right before we head over to 1900 Park Faire for dinner with Cindy and her buds ... !!! :woohoo:

[This after having no luck last Sunday ... :yay: ]

Grandma's treat - and some "alone" time with the girls ... (assuming I can keep their Moms out of the BBB!!! :rotfl: )

One ressie is at 2:45 and the other at 3:30 - so I'll just keep calling back to see if I can't get them both closer to 3:30 ...

Time to pull a very wrinkled princess: out of the tub ...

princess&her4princes
08-28-2009, 07:27 PM
The DD starts First Grade Wednesday!! :scared1:

We had orientation at her new school today - very nice, good vibes - nice library and gymnasium. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, her teacher wasn't there ... but we did get to see her classroom ... big ... and looks like there will be a total of 21 kids in the class ...

She also made her first "new school" friend - another new 1st-grade girl ... not in her class, but they've already made plans to meet on the playground!! :rotfl:

And that's it for

WDW Day - 20 Update ... :)

Isn't it so nerve racking to have them going off to 1st grade, I think it's really going to fly by now!!:eek: Glad to hear that DD made a new friend, got to see her classroom! That's nice they do that for you, we have nothing like that at our school. We don't meet the teachers until October sometime for parents night! Too bad her teacher wasn't there though! Guess it's still Summer vacation for some....

AND YAY for BBB!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: That's great you got a ressie before you went to see Cindy! How fun, I can't wait to see the pics from that!!!! She's going to SO surprised and so excited when she finds out about all of your awesome plans!!!!:goodvibes

Have a great weekend! HOpe you're not getting hit too hard by Danny? Doesn't sound too great for us tomorrow.....:headache:

joelp
08-30-2009, 06:16 AM
WDW Day - 19 Update: (a tad late ... :laughing: )

Mindi called yesterday and we went over the schedule for the weekend at WDW ... She and Jed didn't know that BBB also had a location in the MK, so they were trying to picture my mother running all over WDW - taking the girls from MK to DTD ... then back to the Grand Floridean ... :scared1:

... so she felt better when I exlained the situation/plan ... now, if I can just get that second BBB appointment closer to 3:30 ... :upsidedow (Anyone know how - if? - it's possible to bribe a Fairy Godmother-in-Training? :rotfl2: )

Mindi's also gonna try and make a dinner reservation for Friday night at either Boma, Jiko, or Sanaa - so whichever adults don't want to go back to Epcot (or if the weather sucks ...) will have a nice place to eat ... and we can put Danielle and Nina in Simba's Clubhouse for a couple hours (which they won't mind at all!!) :thumbsup2

They haven't made plans for Sunday yet, so they may join us in the Animal Kingdom ...

Rained here all day yesterday ... and then sort of cleared up in the late afternoon ... so we jumped in the car and hit the boardwalk at Pt. Pleasant (NJ) ...

Place was practically empty ...

Best fish-n-chips ever ... everything fresh, practically greaseless, with a light batter on the fish ... :cloud9: ... with fresh-squeezed lemonade to top things off ... :yay:

The DW took the DD into the "Funhouse" ... and the DD exited crying her eyes out (it was not "fun" at all!!) ... "I don't want to do that ever again!!" :sad1: ... It started off bad for the DD - when she smacked her face into a mirror ... and it was downhill from there ... :sad2:

But then we went and played some of the "wheel" games, and she won a big box of Mike 'n' Ike (she wanted the "Fun Dip", but the DW put her foot down ... 5 minutes later, after some tears - not mine, the DD's!! - and a threat from me that we would just walk away and not get anything - the DD chose the "pink candy box" ... I live with two VERY strong-willed women!! :upsidedow )

A few Mik 'n' Ike and a smile was back on the DD's face, and it was off to do some rides ... Where she made a new friend (a girl her age in a family visiting from NYC ...) - and they did about 4-5 rides together ...

and then we stumbled upon some of our "local" old friends and their kid ... and they did a couple rides (they had that "Dizzy Dragon" spinning so fast my poor DD was basically pinned against the wall!! :lmao: )

... and then it started to rain again ... :sad2:

So we ran into an arcade ... tried and failed to win the DD a Webkinz with "The Claw" ...

... and the DD fell asleep on the way home ...

... and I actually got 8 hours sleep last night!! :woohoo: (can't remember the last time that happened!! - so it deserves another :woohoo: ...)

Time to start stretching and take Ranger for a run ... as the DD and DW are starting to wake up, too ...

Oh, yeah - finished going through the photos from the Dec 08 WDW trip and organizing them ... but we just got a "40 free prints" e-mail from Shutterfly, so I'm gonna go through them a reprint some that didn't come out all that great ... :idea:

Oh, yeah-yeah ... :rotfl:... we pulled the DD's "Disney Princess" backpack out of the attic - which she'll use for school and as her WDW plane carry-on ... and loaded it up with school supplies for next week ... She's started to get excited about it ... (school!! - she still doesn't know about WDW ...)

... and we got a "Welcome to First Grade" postcard from her teacher ... which sort of makes up for her not being at the Orientation on Friday ...

Later ...

joelp
09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
WDW Day - 16 Update:

I've been busy ... :confused3

I got an e-mail from the TA today - she received my WDW docs yesterday, is looking them over to make sure everything is correct ... and I should get them in a few days ... :yay: She also said that - in the packet with my stuff - she got the docs from someone who is leaving on Sept. 5!!! :eek:

Reminder: need to pre-order the Photopass CD ... and I'll use Shutterfly to make the photo books (for the cost of 1 WDW book - I can get all 3 from Shutterfly ... they may not have all the bells and whistles, but they'll still be nice ...)

I was working on the touring plan for Animal Kingdom - and actually have two plans ... so the DW and I have to look them over and decide which one to go with ...

Plan A is the "traditional" way we've done the AK - start off relaxed checking out the habitats in The Oasis/Discovery Island - then on to FotLK ... KS ... Lunch ... and then Finding Nemo and ending with EE or Dinosaur ... filling in with the Pangani and/or Maharajah treks if possible ...

Plan B is kinda the reverse - start with a mad dash for EE or Dinosaur ... then Finding Nemo ... Lunch ... then KS ... Tough to be a Bug ... and end with FotLK ... and maybe some Characters in Camp Mickey-Minnie ... (basically - less walking and more A/C ... :) )

Any other ideas?

And have any of you eaten at Pizzafari?? I know Flame Tree BBQ is good - but if it's hot, we would want the A/C ... :3dglasses

I finished organizing the photos from the Dec 08 trip ... :thumbsup2 - now I just have to get a really BIG photo album!! :rotfl2:

On non-WDW stuff - the DD starts first grade tomorrow ... :scared1: ... she should be fine ... and have a new "best friend" within about 5 minutes of stepping into the classroom !!! :rotfl: (she made 3 today at B&N ... !! :) )

And - the klezmer band I play in took 2nd place for best album in the Just Plain Folks awards!! :cheer2: Check out this site - there should be lots of good and new music from the winners (and runners-up) in all of the categories ... :thumbsup2

2009 Album Winners: Top 4 Albums in All Genres
http://www.jpfolks.com/MusicAwards/2009/Nominees/AlbumWinners.htm

Time to put the DD in her bed (she fell asleep in our bed with Vicki reading her new fairy book to her ...) ... and hopefully she'll stay there!! :upsidedow

Until tomorrow ... pixiedust:

princess&her4princes
09-02-2009, 05:58 AM
WDW Day - 16 Update:

I've been busy ... :confused3

I got an e-mail from the TA today - she received my WDW docs yesterday, is looking them over to make sure everything is correct ... and I should get them in a few days ... :yay: She also said that - in the packet with my stuff - she got the docs from someone who is leaving on Sept. 5!!! :eek:
Yay for getting your paperwork in and it's on it's way to you!!!:banana:

Reminder: need to pre-order the Photopass CD ... and I'll use Shutterfly to make the photo books (for the cost of 1 WDW book - I can get all 3 from Shutterfly ... they may not have all the bells and whistles, but they'll still be nice ...)

You're so smart to just be ordering the shutterfly books, it makes so much more sense since you need three of them and Disney is soooo expensive!! And good for you for getting your December photos done!!:thumbsup2

I was working on the touring plan for Animal Kingdom - and actually have two plans ... so the DW and I have to look them over and decide which one to go with ...

Plan A is the "traditional" way we've done the AK - start off relaxed checking out the habitats in The Oasis/Discovery Island - then on to FotLK ... KS ... Lunch ... and then Finding Nemo and ending with EE or Dinosaur ... filling in with the Pangani and/or Maharajah treks if possible ...

Plan B is kinda the reverse - start with a mad dash for EE or Dinosaur ... then Finding Nemo ... Lunch ... then KS ... Tough to be a Bug ... and end with FotLK ... and maybe some Characters in Camp Mickey-Minnie ... (basically - less walking and more A/C ... :) )

Any other ideas?

Not a big AK fan....so I don't have anything to add. Sorry, these plans look great.....I'm thinking plan B sounds the best to me, especially with more A/C!!

And have any of you eaten at Pizzafari?? I know Flame Tree BBQ is good - but if it's hot, we would want the A/C ... :3dglasses

Nope, haven't eaten there....
I finished organizing the photos from the Dec 08 trip ... :thumbsup2 - now I just have to get a really BIG photo album!! :rotfl2:

On non-WDW stuff - the DD starts first grade tomorrow ... :scared1: ... she should be fine ... and have a new "best friend" within about 5 minutes of stepping into the classroom !!! :rotfl: (she made 3 today at B&N ... !! :) )

I hope Danielle has a great 1st day of 1st grade!!! Ethan did great yesterday and so much fun, I hope she does, too!!!:goodvibes And I hope you post some pics!! :)

And - the klezmer band I play in took 2nd place for best album in the Just Plain Folks awards!! :cheer2: Check out this site - there should be lots of good and new music from the winners (and runners-up) in all of the categories ... :thumbsup2
Never heard of klezmer band before, but congrats on 2nd place, that's great!!!!! I tried clicking on the list, it just lists names of the bands that won, can I find your music somewhere? Sounds interesting!!

2009 Album Winners: Top 4 Albums in All Genres
http://www.jpfolks.com/MusicAwards/2009/Nominees/AlbumWinners.htm

Time to put the DD in her bed (she fell asleep in our bed with Vicki reading her new fairy book to her ...) ... and hopefully she'll stay there!! :upsidedow
Awwww, how sweet!!!!!:cloud9:
Until tomorrow ... pixiedust:

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joelp
09-03-2009, 05:27 AM
We survived the first day of 1st Grade!! :dance3:

[Even though we did get 2 calls from the assistant principal!! :scared1: ... a little confusion about after-school care on their part ... ]

Details - and pictures - later tonight ...

This web site has the band's music - and pictures ...

http://www.odessaklezmer.com/

Later ...

joelp
09-03-2009, 08:13 PM
WDW Day - 14 Update:

which means ...

2! (count 'em ...) only 2!! weeks from this very moment I'll be having dinner at Boma! Boma! Boma! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Still no sign of my "WDW mail" yet ... but I won't go into :scared1: mode until after Labor Day ... :laughing:

I've re-finagled our AK Touring Plan to fit in Rafiki's Planet Watch - and still hit all our other priorities ... but I'll save that update for tomorrow ...

We found out "Back to School Night" is - September 16!! And we leave for WDW the next day ... :eek:

So - speaking of "school" ... here's the recap on Danielle's first day in 1st grade ...:)

We started off on a good note: Danielle came into our bedroom around 6:30 pulling her Disney Princess backpack ... :rotfl:she was raring to go!! :thumbsup2

First thing was to decide what to wear - and since she's been bugging us to wear this outfit I had picked up a Kohl's a couple weeks ago (thanks to one of those 30% off coupons ... :yay: ) - even though it's more of a fall outfit - the DW gave in ...

So - since there seems to be a lot of clothes and shoe-hounds out there in DisBoard-land :rotfl2: ... let's start with the shoes ...

The latest in the "Wizards of Waverly Place" line ... which I found just this past weekend at Payless ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/FirstGrade/first_day0001.jpg

They are so cool - if I do say so myself - and will go with anything ... ANYTHING!!

The rest of the outfit is defintely from the "Hannah Montana" line ...

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/FirstGrade/first_day0002a.jpg

Daniell's school is only 2 miles up the road - but figuring it was the first day - we left a little early ... expecting ...
:jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

But surprisingly, there were only about 25 parents dropping off their kids ... I guess most them just dumped them onto their bus and laughed themselves silly all the way back to their houses ... :lmao:

Here's a couple shots of Danielle in front of her school:

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/FirstGrade/first_day0006b.jpg

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/FirstGrade/first_day0009x.jpg

We had a few minutes to wait in the hall until the bell rang - so Danielle and Vicki posed for a shot:

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg424/joelpwdw/FirstGrade/first_day0012b.jpg

As we were walking to Danielle's classroom, Vicki went into the "Is this really happening? zone" ... and Danielle looked up at me, grabbed my hand, and said "I'm Daddy's girl!" (which momentarily put me in that "zone", too ...) :cloud9:

So we got to her classroom and there were 21 desks - 18 set up in 3 groups of 6 to form a "U" - and 3 in the center of the "U" - and each desk had a kid's name plate on front. The desks were arranged alphabetically - and wouldn't you know it, but Danielle's desk is smack-dab in the middle of the set of 3 in the middle of the "U" ...!! (got that? ... :laughing: )

So we helped her get settled in - introduced ourselves to her teacher - gave her hugs and kisses ... said good bye ... and went off to work ... :rolleyes1

And Vicki said she was in the "zone" all day ... :lovestruc

Only 178 more days to go!!

OK - time to do the kitty litter and take out the trash ... :dance3:

princess&her4princes
09-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Awww, Danielle looked beautiful on her 1st day of school! Sounds like it was a good day and glad she was so excited to go! I can't keep Ethan in bed until a reasonable hour here, he's just so excited, I guess that's a good thing...there may be a day he decides this school thing isn't so much fun!! LOL!!:lmao:

I can completely relate to Vicki and being in that "zone"....I've been in it all week long....but between you and I ...I coudl get use to having just 2 at home, it's so much easier!! Shh....;) But I do miss him and can't believe the whole reason I stayed home was because of him and he's now off doing his own thing...time flies!

Less than 2 weeks now!!!!!! WOOHOO!!:banana:

Big plans for the holiday weekend?

joelp
09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Awww, Danielle looked beautiful on her 1st day of school!

Thanks - we can't figure out where she gets her looks ... Certainly not from me ... her height and physique - yes ... but that face? - no way it comes from me!! :lmao:

Sounds like it was a good day and glad she was so excited to go! I can't keep Ethan in bed until a reasonable hour here, he's just so excited, I guess that's a good thing...there may be a day he decides this school thing isn't so much fun!! LOL!!:lmao:

Definitely a good thing!!

Big plans for the holiday weekend?

I have a gig with the band tonight in Cape May ... and Vicki and Danielle are thinking of going to a "Faeries and Fables" event in Pt. Pleasant this afternoon ... princess:

Danielle has a birthday party sleepover with her cousin Saturday night ... so it will just be me and the missus ... :scared1:

I'm supposed to have two softball games tomorrow - but it looks like both of our opposing teams will forfeit - so I'll be able to hit the beach with Vicki, Danielle, and friends from Pittsburgh who are visting for the weekend ...

BBQ at the in-laws Sunday - maybe, depending on what happens when we pick up Danielle ...

Monday? - nuthin' :dance3: :rotfl2:

Big plans? ... :upsidedow

Have a great weekend!!

joelp
09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
WDW Day - 13 Update: (Part One? ...)

As promised, here is the finagled AK touring plan ... I've include estimated times to test the "reality" of it actually working ... :rotfl:

8:30 Arrive at AK for opening

9:00-10:30 Kiliminjaros Safaris, explore Africa, grab a snack at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop, and (maybe) Pangani Exploration Trail

10:30-11:30 Rafiki's Planet Watch

11:30-12:30 Festival of the Lion King (12:00 show)

Grab FPs for EE and Dinosaur at the centralized FP location

12:30-1:30 Lunch (Pizzafari or Flame Tree BBQ)

1:30-3:30 Finding Nemo (2:00 show) - followed by EE (for those foolish enough ...), Dinosaur (for the temporally-challenged), or Triceratop Spin/The Boneyard (for da kids ...)

3:45 Parade (maybe - depends on what time the bus will leave for MCO - I'd like to have at least 1/2 hour to get ready and wander around the AKL before we leave ...)

So - whaddya think?

joelp
09-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Only 10 Days to Go!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:cheer2:

Stopped by the Disney Store this afternoon and picked up Danielle's Halloween costume - which the DW also wants her to wear when we meet the Fairies at Pixie Hollow ... The DD will be dressed as Rosetta!!

$10 off - which is about 20% ... so we didn't think we'd do much better than that ... and they only had one left in her size ...

Got my first birthday card and present - from my "step" brother and SIL: a WDW Gift card!! :yay: They're not into Disney at all, so we didn't even bother asking them to join us ... :confused3

No sign of our magic "WDW mail" yet - so if it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll start bugging the TA on a daily basis ... pirate:

Speaking of pirate: - my birthday is also "Official Talk Like a Pirate Day!!" ... :rotfl:

Started looking at the long-range weather forecast for Orlando (for what it's worth ...) sunny, humid, high of 90, and a chance of showers pretty much every day ... we can live with that ... :upsidedow

Time to get back to the BBQ ...

Until tomorrow ... and a single-digit dance party!! :banana:

Dizneydaz
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Joel.

Your Danielle is so beautiful. Love the shoes!

You AK plan sounds good! We love AK. :love:

Yes, 9/19 is "Official Talk Like a Pirate Day" Belle has mentioned that several times in the last few days. pirate: I need to remember to bring her pirate bandana ears.

I've been up since 3 a.m. which should help adjust me to Florida time. Plus, I finally found our park tickets. :woohoo:

I'm sending you a PM re: PP. Did you pre-order yet?

Can't wait to read more.....

joelp
09-08-2009, 07:12 PM
WELCOME TO THE

SINGLE-DIGIT DANCE PARTY!!!

party: :rockband: :dancer: :jumping1:

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow: :tilt:

AND ...

OUR "MAGIC WDW DOCUMENTS" ARRIVED IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!

AND ...

The DW just found that there are special screenings of the new "Princess and the Frog" movie ... followed by a "Disney Party" with Princesses and all kinds of stuff!! ... in NYC ... so we got tix to that, too!!! (check outhttp://www.disney.go.com/disneypictures/princessfrogtickets/ )

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

... OK - time to put the DD to sleep ... princess:

princess&her4princes
09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
:dance3: dancin' with you!!:dance3:

Dizneydaz
09-09-2009, 09:48 AM
Joining you in your single digit dance! We are leaving in 3 days! Yikes and Yipppee! :dance3::banana:

joelp
09-10-2009, 09:49 PM
ONLY 1 WEEK to Go!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Just submitted my application to the "Disney Mom's" panel ...

I was all set to submit two years ago - on my birthday ... but when I signed in to download my stuff they had reached the maximum # of entries ... :headache:

So I didn't waste ANY time this year ... :rotfl2:

Pretty much have my packing list finalized ... but I'll have to hit a few stores this weekend ...

And I just found out the centralized FP system is no longer operating at AK, so I may have to rethink the touring plan ... :upsidedow

Time to get some sleep ...

princess&her4princes
09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey Joelp!
I'm signing out until I get home from my trip but I just wanted to say thanks for counting down with me, sharing your plans and expertise with me and I hope you have magical trip yourself! I'll wave to you at some point on my trip, so be on the lookout for me so you don't miss me!! LOL!!;) And I hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I can't wait to hear all about it and can't wait to hear about the surprise for Danielle! Talk to you when I get home!!! Woohoo!!! We're going to DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

joelp
09-15-2009, 05:38 AM
Like your new ticker ... :)

48 hours from now we'll be heading out to my Mom's!! :yay: ... and then to the airport!!

[But I gotta get some sleep first!! ... :rotfl: ]

I've been AWOL the last few days ... busy weekend!!

And then last night my niece calls with some Math homework - and an hour later - while taking my post-run shower - I finally figured out the last of 'em ... :rotfl2:

One of the problems reminded me of a Three Stooges short ... :lmao:

We're gonna tell Danielle that we're going to see her cousin Nina in Florida ... and then I'll give her a letter from Tinker Bell when we get to my Mom's ... :thumbsup2

All the "planning" is done - now I just have to print out final versions of everything for my binder ...

I'll make a "to do" list while I'm at work today ...:rolleyes1

And I got the whole lawn cut Sunday - so tomorrow I just have to run to the store(s) to pick up a few things, give Ranger a bath, and pack ... :dance3:

Time to wake up the girls ... later ...

joelp
09-16-2009, 05:09 AM
Good morning!!

Right now it's about 24 hours until we head off to the airport ... :woohoo:... and if you read the PTR for our Dec 08 trip, you know what's about to happen!! :rotfl:

I'm stretchin' and gettin' ready for a run with Ranger - and cleaning up the office a bit - and waiting for the sun to come up ... :laughing:

... and DISing ... :banana:

Back in an hour-or-so ... :)

joelp
09-16-2009, 07:01 AM
So much for my last run as a 49-year old!! :dance3:

My next planned run is Saturday morning at the AKL ... assuming I can get up early after evening EMH at Epcot!! :rotfl2:

Time to do some :laundy: and drop the DD off at school ...

Then it's back here to do some organizin'!!

Only 23 hours to go!! :cheer2:

joelp
09-16-2009, 08:20 AM
22 hours to go!! :lmao:

Puttin' laundry away ... with another load in the dryer ... and a final load to be done later today ... :headache:

I have a "to do" list for today, but haven't checked anything off yet this morning ... although I am working on the :laundy: !!!

Back to the ... :rolleyes1

joelp
09-16-2009, 09:10 AM
21 hours to go!!

One pile of :laundy: done ... 2 to go ... :sad2:

Off to the recycling center, Stop 'n' Shop, Dollar Tree ... and maybe Walgreens ... :scared1:

Actually - that sounds worse than it is: they're all in the same shopping center!! :lmao:

Back in an hour (more or less ...)

joelp
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
18 hours to go!! :banana:

Cruddy day here in NJ - rain, rain, and more rain!! :headache:

When I went out earlier, it was just sprinking by the house. But a 1/4 mile down the road, on the way to the recycling center, it was pouring!!

So I sat in the car a bit, listening to Disney tunes (POTC theme ... pirate: ) until it slowed down ... but I still got wet ...

And there were no rain ponchos at the dollar store, so I have to hit AAA on my way to Best Buy (for a second videocamera battery ...)

Starting to organize stuff for packing - but haven't actually gotten out the suitcases yet!! I know - WHAT AM I WAITING FOR!??! :rotfl2:

OK - back to work ...

Oh yeah! - only one more load of :laundy: to go!! :rotfl:

joelp
09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
10 Hours to go!! :dance3:

It's been a crazy day - which is why I haven't posted in awhile ... :crazy: ... and I'll tell you all about it in the TR ...

Right now, the final load of :laundy: is in the spin cycle ...

Vicki is putting Danielle to bed and resting up - before she starts to pack ... :scared1: ...

And we still have to pack most of Danielle's stuff ... which we'll do very quietly while she's sleeping ... :rotfl2:

I'll let you know if she wakes up ... :rotfl:

We told Danielle that we were going to visit her cousin Nina in Florids - and she is VERY excited ... :jumping2: :jumping2: :jumping2: ...

Little does she know ... :woohoo:

joelp
09-16-2009, 09:32 PM
The DD finally fell asleep - about 10 o'clock!!! :eek:

I hope she's in a decent mood when we wake her about 5:45 ... :scared1:

Pretty much all packed and ready to go!! :woohoo:

Just need to add the ME tags tomorrow morning after we zip up the bags ... :dance3:

Alarm is set for 5 ... :headache: ... but I fully expect to be up before it goes off!!

:lmao:

Time for bed ... sleep?? :rotfl2:

joelp
09-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Well - you can tell time as well as I can ...!! :lmao:

Only 2 hours to go ... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

After the past few days, we need this break ... (more on that later ...) :upsidedow

I ended up putting the DD to sleep around 10 - and then finished packing and went to bed around 11 ...

At some point I woke up - with the DD sleeping next to me!! How and when she crawled into bed I have no idea!! princess:

I woke up for good around 4 ... but stayed in bed until 4:45 ...

Danielle's bed is already made and the last of her laundry put away ... :rolleyes1

The DW is up, but the kid is in la-la-Land ... :cloud9:

Time for a shower...

joelp
09-17-2009, 05:40 AM
we're going to disney world!!!!

princess&her4princes
09-19-2009, 01:23 PM
we're going to disney world!!!!

Did you see me wave?!! Hope youre having a great time!!! I can't believe I'm home!!!!:sad2:

Dizneydaz
09-20-2009, 05:45 PM
Hope you're having a great time! Thanks for taking the time to find us in the lobby at PF and saying hi!

Too funny!

Loved the hat. :rotfl2:3

joelp
09-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Did you see me wave?!! Hope youre having a great time!!! I can't believe I'm home!!!!:sad2:

Was that you?? :lmao:

Definitley too short of a trip ... Just as you are starting to get into the WDW-groove, it's time to pack and head home ... :headache:

... and I REALLY need a nap!! I only got about 4-5 hours sleep each night!! :rotfl2:

Back to the real world ... :sad2:

joelp
09-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Hope you're having a great time! Thanks for taking the time to find us in the lobby at PF and saying hi!

It was easy: we walked out - and there you were!! :lmao:

Too funny!

Loved the hat. :rotfl2:3

My DW has already posted pictures of "the hat" on her Facebook page!!

The rest of you will have to wait for the TR ... :upsidedow

We had a great dinner that night - everyone was giving nothing but high praises to 1900 Park Faire!! :thumbsup2

We're back in the real world - have a Mickey Bar for me!!!

princess&her4princes
09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
My DW has already posted pictures of "the hat" on her Facebook page!!

The rest of you will have to wait for the TR ... :upsidedow

We had a great dinner that night - everyone was giving nothing but high praises to 1900 Park Faire!! :thumbsup2

We're back in the real world - have a Mickey Bar for me!!!

You're home already too?!! Oh no.....did you book bounceback?!! LOL!!:lmao:
Hope you had a great time and a great birthday!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!! Are you on FB??

princess&her4princes
09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Hey Joelp!
Hope you're well...just checking in on you to see how things are...looking forward to your TR!! Hint, hint.....:surfweb:

joelp
09-26-2009, 05:12 AM
I'm here - back in the "real world" ... :sad1:

Working on the TR - but I'll have to get the Photopass CD first (so I can include some cool pictures ...) so it'll be a while yet ...

Maybe I'll post a "Cliff Notes" version to keep y'all interested ... :upsidedow

Right now we're "planning" a family vacation with my wife's side of the family for June ... WDW doesn't appear to be on the table (although a minority of us are all in favor of it ... :confused3 ), even though there are 5 kids involved ... Looking at cruises, maybe an all-inclusive place ... but they also want to keep the price down somewhat, so I'm not sure what kind of "quality" we're dealing with here (the reviews on TripAdvisor.com have been downright :eek: for some of the places!!) Apparently, a bunch of the adults just want to just lay around on a beach or by a pool (not my idea of a vacation - I'll be bored silly!!) When I think of the $$ we may spend ... :headache: (can anyone say "Animal Kingdom Lodge" ... ??) :laughing:

Heading to AAA today for ideas ...

Anyone know anything about Disney's Vero Beach Resort?

Have a great weekend!!

joelp
09-29-2009, 08:58 PM
Got a package from WDW today!! :woohoo:

Big box!! :yay:

REALLY big box!! :dance3:

Anyone want to know what is in it ...?? :lmao:

Also - ordered two photo albums from Lillian Vernon yesterday - one for our Dec 2008 trip (which I've already printed the photos for ...) ... and one for the trip we just took (which I'm working on the Photopass stuff now ..) ...

Later ... :rolleyes1

princess&her4princes
09-30-2009, 06:20 AM
Got a package from WDW today!! :woohoo:

Big box!! :yay:

REALLY big box!! :dance3:

Anyone want to know what is in it ...?? :lmao:

Also - ordered two photo albums from Lillian Vernon yesterday - one for our Dec 2008 trip (which I've already printed the photos for ...) ... and one for the trip we just took (which I'm working on the Photopass stuff now ..) ...

Later ... :rolleyes1

I wanna know!!!!! I wanna know!!!:dance3: Can't believe you left us hanging.....I'll be here when you're ready to tell!!! HINT, HINT!!;)

princess&her4princes
09-30-2009, 06:23 AM
PS-- what did you find out at AAA this weekend? Anything good? My friend owns DVC (:cloud9:) and she was just talking about going to Disneys Vero Beach next year (not sure if she's been before or not....can find out for you!) with her sons (6 & 3).....she actually said she was "parked out"....can you believe it!!!??:scared1:

joelp
09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I wanna know!!!!! I wanna know!!!:dance3: Can't believe you left us hanging.....I'll be here when you're ready to tell!!! HINT, HINT!!;)

Well, since you asked ...

... it's a Christmas present for the DD ...

... :rotfl2:

joelp
09-30-2009, 05:46 PM
PS-- what did you find out at AAA this weekend? Anything good? My friend owns DVC (:cloud9:) and she was just talking about going to Disneys Vero Beach next year (not sure if she's been before or not....can find out for you!) with her sons (6 & 3).....she actually said she was "parked out"....can you believe it!!!??:scared1:

The TA said it is a VERY nice place ... "basic" rooms run $260-300 a night (you don't have to be a DVC member to go there ...) but - it's only 14 DVC points a night Sun-Thurs, which are going for about $10 each to "rent" on DIS Board thread ...

princess&her4princes
09-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, since you asked ...

... it's a Christmas present for the DD ...

... :rotfl2:

Okay....let me guess....Cinderella's castle for the monorail line?!!! Am I right?! Do I get a prize?!!;)

princess&her4princes
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
The TA said it is a VERY nice place ... "basic" rooms run $260-300 a night (you don't have to be a DVC member to go there ...) but - it's only 14 DVC points a night Sun-Thurs, which are going for about $10 each to "rent" on DIS Board thread ...

Can't beat that...renting from a DVC member! So, is it a go??!:confused3

joelp
09-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Okay....let me guess....Cinderella's castle for the monorail line?!!! Am I right?! Do I get a prize?!!;)

Awww, man ... :headache: ... I was hopoig to string you along for a few more days ... :rotfl2: ...

The DW and I first saw it a couple years ago ... then thought about it last December ... and finally, since I hadn't even cracked my Disney Visa Rewards card, I bought it on our last day at WDW ...

Now I just have to find a place to put it (after Christmas!!) ... :lmao:

joelp
09-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Can't beat that...renting from a DVC member! So, is it a go??!:confused3

Not yet ... with 5 different famlies involved we're having trouble agreeing on anything ...

Tell me - why would anyone want to spend thousands of dollars to go some place so they could sleep late and just lay around??!?? :confused3 .. Just stay at home and unplug the phone ... :rotfl:

With what they're thinking of spending for a 4 night all-inclusive place in the Dominican Republic or on a cruise, we could could spend a week at the AKL with the DxDDP!! (... and some people think WDW is expensive ...) - or go to Europe!! (with a side trip to Disneyland Paris ...?)

OK - I'm done venting now ... :rotfl:

Can't wait to see the DD's face when she realizes she has her own "Cinderella's Castle" ... :cloud9:

Back to those Photopass photos ...

princess&her4princes
10-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Awww, man ... :headache: ... I was hopoig to string you along for a few more days ... :rotfl2: ...

The DW and I first saw it a couple years ago ... then thought about it last December ... and finally, since I hadn't even cracked my Disney Visa Rewards card, I bought it on our last day at WDW ...

Now I just have to find a place to put it (after Christmas!!) ... :lmao:

Sorry.....I must have it on my brain...we bought our middle son the monorail last year and when I was there, I kept looking at buying Spaceship Earth for his set. He'll be 5 and just loves his monorail but it really does need "something" else to make it more fun, I like the Contemporary, too, since the monorail goes through it....not sure he'd like it as much though. Your DD will love it, how exciting!!!!!! I hear you on finding a place to stash it, before and after Christmastime!! :laughing: But it's so fun to play with and so worth it!!!! Now I have to go to the website myself......:headache:

princess&her4princes
10-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Not yet ... with 5 different famlies involved we're having trouble agreeing on anything ...

Tell me - why would anyone want to spend thousands of dollars to go some place so they could sleep late and just lay around??!?? :confused3 .. Just stay at home and unplug the phone ... :rotfl:

With what they're thinking of spending for a 4 night all-inclusive place in the Dominican Republic or on a cruise, we could could spend a week at the AKL with the DxDDP!! (... and some people think WDW is expensive ...) - or go to Europe!! (with a side trip to Disneyland Paris ...?)

OK - I'm done venting now ... :rotfl:

Can't wait to see the DD's face when she realizes she has her own "Cinderella's Castle" ... :cloud9:

Back to those Photopass photos ...

[I[/I]

I hear you on that.....we're going to do an island next year for our 10 year anniversary but (between you and I and all the other people reading DIS...lol!) for the money, I'd love to go back to Disney since that's where we honeymooned...although, I know there are other magical places (in theory!) out there....it's my fav.....but on the same note, the thoughts of just siting in the sand having someone bring me umbrella drinks after having kids and being nutty these last 7 years, it may do the body good to just chill.....but I hear you LOUD and CLEAR! Good luck with that!!:flower3:

princess&her4princes
10-05-2009, 05:47 AM
:surfweb: So?? LOL!!!;)

joelp
10-05-2009, 05:51 AM
I ordered the Photopass CD yesterday ... :yay: ... 156 photos grew to about 245!! ... with borders, cropping, etc ...

And I have a summary TR written ... :banana:

So I'll just have to put them together in a couple weeks ... :rolleyes1

The photo albums arrived from Lillian Vernon, too - so I'm organizin' the Dec 2008 Trip photos ... FINALLY!! :lmao:

And I'll be ready for the Sept trip photos ... :thumbsup2

Then I just have to put the photo books together on Shutterfly ... :upsidedow

Off to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire next weekend for a little jousting and grape stomping ... :laughing:

The DW's Family vacation is on hold - too much $$$ at the momemnt, so we're gonna wait and see if any deals pop up ...

Have a great week!! (even though we're not in WDW ... :sad1: )

Oh, year - 108 weeks till our next trip (if not sooner ... ;) ...)

princess&her4princes
10-05-2009, 08:05 PM
So...I STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! See link below....it's just a recap but the party has officially started now!! WOOHOO!:woohoo:

joelp
10-08-2009, 09:34 PM
The Photopass CD arrived in the mail today!! :dance3:

So once we get back from the Pa Renaissance Faire this weekend, I'll start working on the TR ... :woohoo:

... now I just have to come up with a title ... :idea:

princess&her4princes
10-09-2009, 05:54 AM
The Photopass CD arrived in the mail today!! :dance3:

So once we get back from the Pa Renaissance Faire this weekend, I'll start working on the TR ... :woohoo:

... now I just have to come up with a title ... :idea:

YAY!!!!:woohoo: Looking forward to seeing/hearing everything!!!

Have fun at the PA Renaissance Faire!! Will we get to see pics of that, too?:confused3 Enjoy!!:goodvibes

princess&her4princes
10-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Soooo......ready to start your TR yet?? Hint, Hint!!;)

joelp
10-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Yep - started working on it (in detail) on my lunch hour yesterday ... but I still have to go through the pictures and load them onto Photobucket ... :headache: ...

And then there's the Pa Renaissance Faire pictures, too ... maybe I should do that first??

Whaddya think??

And - can you believe it? - but I didn't make it to the second round of the Disney Moms Panel "contest"!! :confused3 :rotfl:

There's always next year ... :upsidedow

princess&her4princes
10-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey Joelp!

Long time no talk!! How are things? Would love to hear what's new, see your Renaissance fair pics and hear about your trip! Hope you're still planning on doing a TR? :surfweb: Hope you and your family are well!!:goodvibes Oh and btw, I didn't make it to round 2 for the Mom's panel either...guess that just means we need to take more trips to become experts!!!:thumbsup2

joelp
10-26-2009, 05:31 AM
I'm still here - but I've been battling a head :sick: now - officially - for the past week, so I haven't been too busy on the :surfweb: ... mostly laying in front of the :happytv: at night ...

The first day of my TR is ready to go :woohoo: ... so I'll probably post it later today ...

Once I think of a good title!! :headache:

... and maybe some PA Renaissance Faire pix, too ... :)

Caught up with your TR this morning, too ... :thumbsup2 ...

Cuz I'm contemplating taking Ranger for a run before I take the DD to school - either a run will kill this cold, or it will finally do me in ... :rotfl:

Later ...

princess&her4princes
10-26-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm still here - but I've been battling a head :sick: now - officially - for the past week, so I haven't been too busy on the :surfweb: ... mostly laying in front of the :happytv: at night ...

The first day of my TR is ready to go :woohoo: ... so I'll probably post it later today ...

Once I think of a good title!! :headache:

... and maybe some PA Renaissance Faire pix, too ... :)

Caught up with your TR this morning, too ... :thumbsup2 ...

Cuz I'm contemplating taking Ranger for a run before I take the DD to school - either a run will kill this cold, or it will finally do me in ... :rotfl:

Later ...

So sorry to hear that you have been sick!!:headache: Hope you feel better soon and no worries, we'll be here when you feel up to it or have the time!
Take care!!:goodvibes

joelp
10-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Freinds, Romans, Fellow DISers!!

Lend me your eye balls!!

The Trip Report has been started!! :banana:

You can find it here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34156519#post34156519

See ya over there!! popcorn::