PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer & Brandon's Wishes PJ-10/12/09 France/LSS/Italy- 11/2 even more pics!

jspahn
04-16-2009, 11:04 AM
So I am finally getting around to starting my planning journal – with less than 6 months to go! :)
I will try to keep this as organized as possible, I know my pet peeve is trying to wade through pages and pages of trip reports or planning journals when I am just looking for something specific. This first post will be a summary (and index as the thread grows

Welcome Dessert Party Saturday 8pm - 10pm: Italy West Plaza

Ceremony Monday: 9am Epcot France
Reception monday: 10-2pm Epcot Living Seas Salon.

Our Theme/Colors: Little Mermaid – Jade and Purple
Our Website: http://www.ourmagicalwedding.com We did this ourselves.

Index:
Vendors – post 2
My dress – post 5 (pic), post 93 (Dress fitting)
Favors - post 10 (ideas), post 70 (mock up), post 119 actual
Invitations - post 59
Bridesmaid Dresses & Mens Tux - post 69

Planning Session Trip report starts - post 22
cake tasting - post 28
menu tasting - post 43
site visit - post 44-47
Raglan Road visit - post 48
Tux Fitting - post 49
Mickey Head Fan Pricing from Shelley/Impressions - post 40

Water Bottles - post 60
Floral Estimate - post 68
Window Clings & Table Cards - post 78
Programs - post 119
Welcome Bags -

Official Pics from Disney - post 175
Dessert Party, Rehearsal, Theme Park pics - post 188

jspahn
04-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Planner: Ken Weaver (assistant Jennifer Flores)

Hair & Make up: Ana - Beaute Special
Tuxes/Steaming: Carolyn Allens
Photo: Disney Photo, David and Vicki Arndt
Video: Disney
DJ: Disney - Charles Miles
Floral: Disney
Invitations: Doing them ourselves - pocket style from Paperandmore.com
My dress: Mary’s
Bridesmaids: Alfred Angelo
Officiant: a family member (back up is Rev. Jack Day)

jspahn
04-16-2009, 11:14 AM
I am 33, never married, and originally from NY. I moved to Atlanta in December 2001. I have 5 cats (yes I know, holy cow) – and no desire to have any kids other than that!
Brandon is 28, moved around a bit growing up but finally ended up in Texas

Brandon and I met in February 2008. Both of our companies sent us to a class to be certified in web & application design/usabilty. It was a 2 week class held here in Atlanta.
I never believed the people who told me “it’ll happen when you aren’t looking for it” or “when it’s the right person you’ll just know.” My reaction would be “yeah, right, whatever.” But I now find myself saying the same things to my single girlfriends. Brandon and I just knew we were perfect for each other. We started doing the long distance thing – he lived in Houston when we met. We talked on the phone for hours every night, and saw each other every other weekend. (Boy did that get expensive!!)

He proposed in June, and moved to Atlanta in July. At first we both wanted a Disney wedding, but then decided it was too expensive and started planning a wedding in NY instead. After booking a location and working out menus, I decided I was unhappy with the whole thing.
Now we are back to having a Disney wedding, just not the size we would have wanted originally, but we are very happy with the decision.

Some pics of us (sorry for the big size! i guess i need to learn to make them smaller!):
Last april
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DSC_9562.jpg

Last Memorial Day
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DSC_9586.jpg

Christmas in NY
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/20081226_christmas_2008_0152.jpg

jspahn
04-16-2009, 11:19 AM
After much debate on whether to have a bridal party or not, we decided we really wanted to include our family. Brandon has 3 younger brothers and I have one as well, so right there we had 4 family guys we wanted in the party. For the girls I wanted my cousin, Brandonís 2 cousins, and 2 of my closest girlfriends. It does seem a little odd that we will have 10 people in our party, standing up there with us when there will only be 50 guests in the audience for the ceremonyÖ

The girls are all picking their own dresses. I gave them a little guidance on what to choose Ė Alfred Angelo, in Jade Satin, cocktail length. We have some very different body shapes so I didnít think it would be possible to find one dress that really looked fabulous on everyone. I think they are much happier this way.:thumbsup2

The guys will have purple vests and ties. We couldnít find anything that came close to matching the Jade satin of the girls dresses, so we went with the purple. Itís darker that Ariels shell bra, but the color combo looks great together.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/tuxes.jpg

jspahn
04-16-2009, 11:27 AM
My mom came to visit last September, and we found a dress that weekend. Initially I thought I wanted one of the Alfred Angelo ones that had color in it, but they didn’t look as nice on me as they did in pictures.

We found 2 dresses that I had a hard time deciding between, but in the end this is the one we got:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/mydress1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/mydress2.jpg

We ordered it in an ivory, but it really is more "antique white" - not very creamy at all.

It came in and I picked it up in December - but have been terrified to try it on. We ordered the same size as what I tried in the dress shop - which zipped but I couldnt breath.
I havent been quite as diligent about losing weight as I needed to be :rolleyes1
So for now it is hanging on the back of the bedroom door in a protective dress bag.

jspahn
04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
DF and I went back and forth on location when we first started planning in February.
We both felt that photography was very very important - DF is an ametuer photographer himself. So the rule of having to use Disney Photo for an in park wedding really made us stop and think.
France has a special meaning for us, and I knew I wanted our theme to be little mermaid, so the Living Seas Salon was perfect. BUT... after reading so many bad reviews of Disney Photo on the boards, we wondered if we should change it.
We looked at SBP, and considered Ariels or California Grill - which although lovely, just wasnt what we really wanted. We even talked to Misty Miotto for photography, and absolutely loved her - making our decision even tougher.

Ultimately, desire for location won out. So I began researching all the Disney photo people, and decided to request David and Vicki Arndt. They are a husband and wife team, which I thought was great! The disney photo website in my opinion, is horrible. :sad2:
It was hard to get a good feel of what thier style was, but we requested them anyway.

As of right now, I couldnt be happier with our decision. We met David and Vicki when we went down for our planning session 2 weeks ago (details to follow) - and they are wonderful!! I cant say enough great things about them and I feel completely comfortable working with them and trusting them to capture our most important day.:thumbsup2
They seemed very excited and had plenty of ideas on great shots for us, and as a husband and wife, you can see they know what the other is thinking and play off each other really well.
I am sure I will gush some more about them when I get to the planning session trip recap ;)

So we are having our ceremony in France, with a brunch reception at the Living Seas - which we are keeping secret from our guests. The only thing they are being told is "epcot" - I want as much of the wedding as possible to be a surprise to our guests.:)

Bolanette87
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
I'm loving reading all your plans! :lovestruc

Bob xoxoxoxox

jspahn
04-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm loving reading all your plans! :lovestruc

Bob xoxoxoxox

Thanks so much! I procrastinated starting a PJ for so long, now I have tons to catch everyone up on!
Going for our planning session made me realize how helpful it was to read other brides posts, so I want to return the favor!

mermaidbride1108
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm so excited you started a PJ! I got your message this morning and that well now I know what I'm doing for lunch!:goodvibes

Can't wait to read all about it! Another Little Mermaid theme! Whoohoo!:yay:

jspahn
04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
We started working on favors already. We wanted to stay with the whole under the sea/beach theme if we could. There are actually way more favors out there for that than I thought once I started looking!!! I have spent hours trolling favor websites (as I am sure most brides have!) ;)

DF and I finally decided on a few things...
we are going to do custom M&Ms as we get closer, in our colors, with our names and wedding date. I love the new Disney ones they have, but not the colors they come in unfortunately! We are still looking for a container for these. We like something like this:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/P620_m.jpg

Then we found these really cute candles on sale on one of the many favor websites, so we ordered them - and are now taking up space in my dining room!
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/P337_m_color_Blue_-_Square.jpg
We may end up wrapping them up in some sort of fabric with a little Thank You tag - still working that out.

Our poor dining room has become wedding central. We are slowly losing more and more space as we start to buy favors, welcome bags, item to go in the welcome bags, cake topper, etc.:confused3 Really wish we had a bigger house!

jspahn
04-16-2009, 05:41 PM
Once we decided we were going to have a Disney wedding, the website was one of the first things we started working on.
Brandon and I are both web people, and we were incredibly disappointed in the website that Disney gives you to use for your wedding. So as soon as we got assigned our sales manager, Joe Dematei (was was awesome by the way), brandon and I started hunting for the perfect url.

We were initially going to use BrandonandJennifersDisneyWedding.com but ran into 2 problems - first, thats really long!! We would have lived with it except that when we signed our contract, we noticed in one of the last sections a rule about not using the disney name. When we questioned Joe about it, he said it would be better if our website name didnt have "disney" in it. And yes i know there are other brides on here who have it, and maybe we just shouldnt have asked!

Anyway, we went back to the drawing board and decided on www.ourmagicalwedding.com (http://www.ourmagicalwedding.com)

Brandon worked on the design and graphics while I worked on the actual content (and critiqued Brandons work of course ;)).
Since we wanted our site address on the save the dates that disney sends out, it was almost a race to the finish! We spent quite a few late nights the week the STDs went out, trying to make sure the whole site was up and running before our guests got the cards.:scared1:

But we did mange to finish it, and we will be making updates as we go along too. I already have some ideas -an example - as our date gets closer we may put a song request form up for people to request music at the reception.

Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think!

MainStMandy
04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Just stopping by...your plans look lovely. Df and I just decided on France also!

lthiesfeld07
04-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I love your wedding website! It's wonderful!
I look forward to more of your report! :goodvibes

MegKate
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm so happy you started a PJ! Wicked excited! Your website explained something to me though. I picked out POP, POFQ and Boardwalk for our block. They put us at POP, Coronado, and Boardwalk. I told them I chose POFQ and they said I chose Coronado. We went back and forth and then they said that another bride on the 12th chose those and our block got confused with that bride! I should have figured it would be you! :rotfl: Too funny!

I love the sea vibe you have going. Your colors are just gorgeous!! And the dress is just :lovestruc perfect! My DF stopped by while I was reading through it and I explained how you're getting married the same day and the weatherman in him came out. He said "Oh great - God forbid it rains - now I'll have two women ready to off me!" Yep! LOL

Great start to the PJ - can't wait to read about the PS!!

princess22
04-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi. You guys make an adorable couple and you are going to be a beautiful bride. I love your dress, it's stunning! Oh, and I like the theme you have. My classroom is ocean themed and my house is all beachy. Loving everything, I can't wait to read more!!!:thumbsup2

jspahn
04-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm so excited you started a PJ! I got your message this morning and that well now I know what I'm doing for lunch!:goodvibes

Can't wait to read all about it! Another Little Mermaid theme! Whoohoo!:yay: It is so hard to find nice little mermaid items - too much cinderella wedding stuff out there!

Just stopping by...your plans look lovely. Df and I just decided on France also!
Thanks so much - I will have to check out your PJ this afternoon!

I love your wedding website! It's wonderful!
I look forward to more of your report! :goodvibes
Thank you - we are pretty proud of that website.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. You guys make an adorable couple and you are going to be a beautiful bride. I love your dress, it's stunning! Oh, and I like the theme you have. My classroom is ocean themed and my house is all beachy. Loving everything, I can't wait to read more!!!:thumbsup2 Sounds like you would have some great ideas for our theme! ;)

I'm so happy you started a PJ! Wicked excited! Your website explained something to me though. I picked out POP, POFQ and Boardwalk for our block. They put us at POP, Coronado, and Boardwalk. I told them I chose POFQ and they said I chose Coronado. We went back and forth and then they said that another bride on the 12th chose those and our block got confused with that bride! I should have figured it would be you! :rotfl: Too funny!
Oh my! :scared1: That does not give me great confidence in how organized things are over there! But hey, at least you knew who it was ;)

I love the sea vibe you have going. Your colors are just gorgeous!! And the dress is just :lovestruc perfect! My DF stopped by while I was reading through it and I explained how you're getting married the same day and the weatherman in him came out. He said "Oh great - God forbid it rains - now I'll have two women ready to off me!" Yep! LOL

Great start to the PJ - can't wait to read about the PS!!

Yes tell Rob we dont want any rain!!!! That would really put a damper on our outside ceremonies and pics!

I will try to get to my planning session report this afternoon. I do have a few things I need to do for work today! :rolleyes: Havent won the lottery yet you know!

jspahn
04-17-2009, 02:31 PM
totally forgot to post my ring! It's a set - I'll have to go take a picture of the band, but for now, this was just after Brandon proposed (excuse the purple nail polish!)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DSC_0071.jpg

jspahn
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM
This is the "inspiration picture" we sent to our planner, floral, bakery etc.
The color of the girls dresses (Alfred Angelo Jade satin) is similar to Ariels tail/fins.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/ariel.jpg

Ann117
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I love your dress! Good luck planning

princess22
04-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Your inspiration photo made me so excited to see your big day. I love it!!!!! I like you ring also, it's very nice.:woohoo:

jspahn
04-19-2009, 11:05 AM
I love your dress! Good luck planning

Your inspiration photo made me so excited to see your big day. I love it!!!!! I like you ring also, it's very nice.:woohoo:

Thank you both!

I finally tried on my dress last night - and it actually zippped :banana: Now,I couldnt breathe or laugh, but hey it's a start ;)

jspahn
04-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Sorry for the delay in starting my planning session recap - I was out shopping with my maid of honor yesterday. I think we have the dresses mostly sorted out for all the girls now. I'll post pics of each one when I know for sure....

PLANNING TRIP - :banana::banana:
Our planning session was scheduled for Friday April 3rd, so DF and I went down wednesday after work. It's only a 7hour drive for us, so that wasnt too bad. We stayed (gasp) off property this time :sad1:
Financially there just werent any deals on property that worked out as well as staying off did. I will however say that i will never ever stay at the "marriott village" again!:scared: It was terrible! Beds and pillows were awful, the "marketplace" which is basically a food court was really awful and service couldnt have gotten much worse!

But on to the fun stuff...
We decided that Thursday would be our "fun day" - basically the only day we would have time for the parks. Friday was completely packed with planning, menu tasting, and an appointment at raglan road. Saturday we wanted to visit hotels, meet with photographers, tux fitting, and other errands and then we were headed home sunday.
Anyone who has ever been to Disney with me will tell you I am a schedule nazi. You are up at the crack of dawn, waiting at the gate when the park opens, and you dont stop till the parks close. Everything is planned in an excel spreadsheet and we try hard to stick to the schedule! This was DFs first time going to Disney with me - poor guy ;)
Thankfully Brandon is a morning person (normally a quality that drives me nuts, but very handy for Disney!) So Thursday morning we were up at 6:30 so we could get dressed, grab breakfast and head to the TTC (we wanted to start at EPCOT and end the night at MK so we parked the car at TTC).
Since we were only going for one day, we just decided to buy the tickets at the window that day. We got a super nice woman (i so wish i had gotten her name!) - and with a rather pouty face I asked for 2 one day park hoppers. (one day????!!!!) And that was her reaction - "just one day?" - so I explained we were in town to do our planning session for our wedding and we only had one day to play. She was very excited for us and handed us 2 "Just Engaged" buttons! Despite being bright pink, DF and I pinned our buttons on and headed up to the monorail for EPCOT.

Well, we were REALLY early - so early that we were at the EPCOT turnstiles by 8:12, when the park didnt open till 9 :rotfl2:

Finally they let us in, and we quickly made our way up to the rope drop at the fountain. Since there was still a few minutes before rope drop, we started chatting with some cast members while we waited. Our bright pink buttons were pretty obvious, so the CMs ask about when the wedding was etc. When we told them it was going to be in EPCOT France in October they were excited for us (actually, pretty much everyone we talked to on our trip was excited for us!). :)
Well one walks away and comes back a minute later with another CM with a headset on. She chats with us for a minute and then says...

How would you like to be the family of the day and help us open the park?
:banana::banana::banana::yay::woohoo::woohoo::yay: :cheer2::cheer2:

jspahn
04-19-2009, 11:50 AM
By far this was my coolest Disney Park experience ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

I could not believe we were chosen - I told Brandon they ALWAYS pick the all america family of 4, and in all my trips I have never seen a couple be chosen!

So they pull us under the rope, and get us in front of the fountain, and we meet the characters.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis1.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis2.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis4.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis6.jpg

They gave us a second button (you can kind of see it in the pic) that says Guest of Honor. They take pics and then they bring out a test track car...
And we hop in and wave to the crowd before being whisked off to Test Track - to be the first ones on the ride that day!!!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis9.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/dis8.jpg

princess22
04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh my gosh!:thumbsup2 That is so awesome!!!!! Congrats on being the family of the day. I didn't know they did that at Epcot. That is so neat! I'm very jealous!! But yay for you:woohoo:

jspahn
04-19-2009, 11:58 AM
We get to ride Test Track twice!!! Which was awesome! :banana:

Then we are escorted over to Mission Space - and taken up to the HP VIP lounge! We hang out there a bit, take advantage of the free beverages and video postcard kiosk they have there (fun!). Dont know how we forgot to take pictures of that part!

Our guide then takes down behind the scenes to the control area (behind the glass if you are waiting on line)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/20090402_disney_planning_session_00.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/20090402_disney_planning_session-49.jpg

And we get brought right up to the front of the line. DF and decide to give the "intense" side a try - :sad2:
BAD IDEA!
OMG - i was so ill afterward. :sick:
Our original CM who chose us for the family had also given us a Fast Pass for Soarin, but I told DF I needed a break after mission space!!

So, we headed over to Journey into Imagination, and then did the Land boat - after wich I felt up to Soarin'.

DF and I then headed out to the countries and took loads of pics since the flower and garden festival was going on.
(if you are interested, all the pics are in photobucket: http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/ )

We were also offered prime viewing seat for illuminations that night, but since we were hopping over to MK we didnt take advantage of that.

jspahn
04-20-2009, 09:46 AM
So by 4pm we had finished Epcot and hopped on the monorail to MK.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20PS%20Trip%20Pics/20090402_disney_planning_session-56.jpg

MK seemed awfully crowded compared to EPCOT. There were no fastpasses left for space mountain when we got there, and the line was 80min - so we skipped it.
We did get to do most of the other important rides in the time we had. Unfortunately we were on Thunder Mountain when Wishes started so we kind of missed that!

Exhausted, we head out of the park - grab a bite to eat on the way back to the hotel - and fall in bed completely exhausted at 12:30am!!!! :scared1:

Up Next: Planning Session at Franck's at 9am!

beach bride 2010
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=jspahn;31375105]We started working on favors already. We wanted to stay with the whole under the sea/beach theme if we could. There are actually way more favors out there for that than I thought once I started looking!!! I have spent hours trolling favor websites (as I am sure most brides have!) ;)

DF and I finally decided on a few things...
we are going to do custom M&Ms as we get closer, in our colors, with our names and wedding date. I love the new Disney ones they have, but not the colors they come in unfortunately! We are still looking for a container for these. We like something like this:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/P620_m.jpg

QUOTE]

I am planning on using m&m's as our favors too at a Little Mermaid/Under the Sea themed wedding. I found these http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat1840&PRODID=xprd986551 and am thinking I will use them as the containers to put the m&m's in. I like that they are storybooks and would like to put a Little Mermaid picture on them but I know DF probably won't agree withthat idea so I will probably put our date or a picture of us.

jspahn
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Our planning session was at 9am at Francks on Friday April 3rd. It was POURING out - I mean cats and dogs!
The directions to Fracks say follow the "green line" on the road after the toll booth... which we thought we were. Until we ended up in the handicap parking for MK!!! In the pouring rain we had apparently followed the Blue line, and not the green line! :headache:
Mind you, I was already agitated because we were running late through no fault of our own (see previous comment that the marriott village was terrible). So now we are even later - which I really hate.
But, we arrive at Francks at 9:15, and as it turned out, our planner was also a few minutes behind so it wasnt a big deal.

We have Ken Weaver as our planner, and it was wonderful to meet him in person! :banana: As it turns our he is originally from Long Island as well so we had something in common - and he understands when the NYer in me comes out.

We talked briefly about our overall plans, and then launched right into cake tasting.
We had these cake flavors: Yellow, chocolate, almond, and lemon
and we had these fillings: dark chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, amaretto, tropical mousse, raspberry, blackberry, peanutbutter, and bavarian cream and fresh raspberries.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-7.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-8.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-6.jpg

We were so disappointed by the taste of the raspberry, tropical and blackberry mousses! They all tasted fake and not very fruit-like to us. :confused3
I personally dont like chocolate, so that tasting was left to Brandon. He thought the cake was great, but the dark chocolate mousse was very bitter. Our planner said most people like the milk chocolate mousse better.

In the end, we chose almond cake with ammaretto for top and bottom layers, and lemon cake with white chocolate mousse for the middle layer.
Yum Yum Yum!

jspahn
04-28-2009, 02:47 PM
We talked a little about the design for our cake as well.

We liked this one, one display at Francks
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-5.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-4.jpg

We also liked the standard "coral and shells" cake so we asked for kind of a hybrid of the two. And less blue, more jade.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/CoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg

We gave the bakery general guidelines, but left some room for creativity on thier part as well.

We already have our cake topper too:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/caketopper.jpg

tiggersam00
04-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Hey there! Just found your PJ, wow you have so much done already! You guys make a great couple, love all the pics:goodvibes. Your wedding is coming up so soon, you must be super excited:goodvibes

And you TR, wow you guys did so much in such a short amount of time. We were in WDW at the same time btw, and I think we were at Epcot when you were Family of the Day (4/2 if my math is right lol)! Too bad we didn't run into each other:confused3 That sounds like an awesome experience for sure! My Df and I wore our buttons all week too and we weren't Family of the Day but we did get to be Grand Marshals of the MK parade earlier that week, isn't it crazy what 2 little button can do lol! It was a good week for the DisBrides for sure lol!

I also love the cakes you picked, I bet the jade color will look amazing with your under the sea theme! Question, did you pre-pick the flavors of cake and icing at your PS or did they just bring out an assortment for you to try?

Can't wait to follow along with your plans:goodvibes

jspahn
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey there! Just found your PJ, wow you have so much done already! You guys make a great couple, love all the pics:goodvibes. Your wedding is coming up so soon, you must be super excited:goodvibes

And you TR, wow you guys did so much in such a short amount of time. We were in WDW at the same time btw, and I think we were at Epcot when you were Family of the Day (4/2 if my math is right lol)! Too bad we didn't run into each other:confused3 That sounds like an awesome experience for sure! My Df and I wore our buttons all week too and we weren't Family of the Day but we did get to be Grand Marshals of the MK parade earlier that week, isn't it crazy what 2 little button can do lol! It was a good week for the DisBrides for sure lol!

I also love the cakes you picked, I bet the jade color will look amazing with your under the sea theme! Question, did you pre-pick the flavors of cake and icing at your PS or did they just bring out an assortment for you to try?

Can't wait to follow along with your plans:goodvibes

Hi Sam - I saw that you were Grand Marshals and was totally jealous ;)
It definitely surprised me that our little buttons got us so much attention (especially when it seemed like half the people in the parks had buttons for something!)
Too bad we didnt know ahead of time you would be there - it would have been great to meet up with another DisBride in person!:goodvibes

For the cake tasting, we actually sent a list ahead of time because there were specific flavors we wanted to try that were not the standard ones. (ie. lemon cake instead of marble)
We had to send our list back to them a month ahead of time so the bakery could have them ready for our session. I am really glad we did because the lemon cake was sooooo good!:thumbsup2

mermaidbride1108
04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Jenn - That is so cool that you were picked! What an awesome experience!!!

I ahven't been on in awhile, been dealing with some family drama... But I had to write and said we were picking the same two cakes!!!! I will tell you though the first cake (blue one in Franc's) is pretty pricey - with the handling fees and the minimum requirement it ends up being over $1200... So we switched to the light coral & shells one but we are making it blue instead of ivory

Oh and we have the same cake topper!!! But we aren't going to use it as the topper because I thought that it's huge!!! It's beautiful but I think we are going to use it on the cake table istead.

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

jspahn
04-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Jenn - That is so cool that you were picked! What an awesome experience!!!

I ahven't been on in awhile, been dealing with some family drama... Jackie -I saw your posts about your future SIL - I hope it all works out :goodvibes I know it's hard, but try not to let her get to you - it's your happiness that matters and if she can't be happy for you and her brother, and wants to cause drama, then forget her.

But I had to write and said we were picking the same two cakes!!!! I will tell you though the first cake (blue one in Franc's) is pretty pricey - with the handling fees and the minimum requirement it ends up being over $1200... So we switched to the light coral & shells one but we are making it blue instead of ivory
:scared1::scared1: Oh my! Well we havent gotten our BEO back yet (nearly 4 weeks later!!!) so I had no idea how pricey it was!

Oh and we have the same cake topper!!! But we aren't going to use it as the topper because I thought that it's huge!!! It's beautiful but I think we are going to use it on the cake table istead.

Can't wait to hear more! :goodvibes

We were afraid it might be too big but our planner assured us it would work just fine. We also have the one of them in the boat - which is gigantic! We are going to put that on the cake table too.

jspahn
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
So just as we were finishing our cake tasting, Elizabeth from Disney Floral came in.
We talked about linens, centerpieces, and flowers for ceremony.

For my boquet, I wanted a large round boquet with black magic roses and stephanotis - similar to this:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/bouquet_actual.jpg

The men are just doing single black magic roses.

For my girls I decided to do rosewands - 3 black magic roses and antique white ribbon (matched my dress). The maid of honor will have some crystal mickey heads in hers, as will my bouquet.

For the moms right now we have wrist corsages with stephanotis - which ties in to my bouquet.

We also talked about centerpieces for the reception. Since our reception is in the Living Seas, I knew I wanted to keep that feel.
So i showed her these pics as ideas:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/centerpiece.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/weddingreception1.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/centerpiece2.jpg

Elizabeth said that was very easy to do, and she came up with the idea of varying the centerpieces a little bit between tables - some round, some square, some with the tall pillar candle, some with floating candles. All with sand and shells at the bottom. It should fit right in to the room and look great with our theme!

Linens were a little hard for us. At this point, we still hadnt seen the living seas in person - so we had a hard time judging how colors would look. All the pics I had seen were kind of dark and made the carpet and room look purple - which is not the case. (I'll post pics when I get to the site visit part.)
We decided to do a purple underlay with pixie dust overlay, and jade napkins - the jade matched my fabric swatch of the girls dresses perfectly! The purple will be very close to the guys tuxes I think, though we didnt know that at the time since we hadnt gone to do tuxes yet!
Here is the linen against the paint chip I had of the purple color I liked:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-57.jpg

We also discussed chairs with Elizabeth. We decided to change the chairs out for our ceremony. The standard ones at Epcot are black plastic - which we didnt like at all. So we went with white folding chairs.
Essentially it will look like this:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/Epcot-FranceCourtyardCeremony.jpg

We also decided to have rose petals in little bags for everyone to throw as we exited - placed on the chairs ahead of time.

Elizabeth left and promised to send our quote in a few weeks - which she did and I will get to that later!

camara381
04-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow! Love everything! The ceremony will be beautiful, it is so worth it to change the chairs. Are you going to have the same aisle decorations as in the picture? The cake will be beautiful, I love the almond amaretto combo so yummy!!!!!

tiggersam00
04-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Ohh love it all so far! France looks like such a great venue, I am not sure if I have ever seen a ceremony there before. I think it looks amazing!

jspahn
05-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Wow! Love everything! The ceremony will be beautiful, it is so worth it to change the chairs. Are you going to have the same aisle decorations as in the picture? The cake will be beautiful, I love the almond amaretto combo so yummy!!!!!

Actually I think we are going without decoration for the most part at the ceremony. If we have extra room in the budget (ha!) then maybe at the end we might add some in. To me, the location itself is so pretty it didnt need anything.

Ohh love it all so far! France looks like such a great venue, I am not sure if I have ever seen a ceremony there before. I think it looks amazing!

Thanks sam! We think so too - and since we never made it to paris in person, we thought this would be fun. Paris maybe for our one year anniversary ;)

jspahn
05-04-2009, 08:22 AM
After Elizabeth from floral left, we met again with Ken for a few minutes. We were supposed to have a break between 1pm and our tasting at 2:30 - so Shelly from Impressions met us at Francks to talk about invitations.

While Shelley is very sweet, she seemed kind of disorganized. She was late, and then didnt bring any samples with her (glad I had the ones she sent me previously!) She also seemed so focused on getting the wording of our invitation down, almost assuming we were going with her.
ANYWAY - she is very talented, and she did seem very excited to work with us. We wanted our invitations to have Ariel and Eric on them.

We liked her Mickey Pixie dust style:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_1540.jpg

Ours would be something like this:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitation.jpg

but maybe with the graphic of Ariel and Eric in their wedding attire instead.
We liked the glitter ink - letterpress was just out of our budget!

We also asked her to price out the Mickey Head fan programs for us - I'd seen the pics below from other brides here and I thought it was such a cute idea. We were going to do this on our own, but they seem like a pain in the butt, so I asked for Shelley to price it out for us thinking it might be worth it to pay someone else.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/program.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/program3.jpg

Ken was waiting for us to finish up with Shelley so we could head over to EPCOT for our tasting and site visit.

Ann117
05-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I love the invitation idea!! i also want to do the mickey programs so if you don't mind posting the quote once she gives it to you that would be great. I think I read some where else they are expensive so I may have to try to do it on my own and I am not good with computers :sad2:

jspahn
05-04-2009, 08:54 AM
I love the invitation idea!! i also want to do the mickey programs so if you don't mind posting the quote once she gives it to you that would be great. I think I read some where else they are expensive so I may have to try to do it on my own and I am not good with computers :sad2:

She quoted us both assembled and non assembled - but the difference wasnt much between the two. Below is the assembled pricing.

White or Ivory Paper/ Assembled
2-sided Mickey fan, printed in one raised color

25 -$395.42
50 - $414.99
75 - $437.00
100 - $461.57
125 - $508.14
150 - $557.15
each addíl 25 - $49.82

Additional options:
Hand-tied bows (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . . .. . $1.85ea
Custom typeset . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $27.50 each side
Custom created Wedding Logo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $45.00 one-time fee
Glitter added to any color ink . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $50.00
Rhinestone Couture Buckle (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . .. $3.99ea

Ann117
05-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Thank you so much.

tiggersam00
05-05-2009, 11:08 AM
thanks for posting the prices:thumbsup2 I know a lot fo us were wondering:thumbsup2

jspahn
05-15-2009, 09:15 AM
I know I have been quite the slacker lately!! Sorry for the delay in continuing my PS report!

After Shelley left, Ken took us over to the Epcot kitchen for our menu tasting.

This was what we had requested to taste:
-mickey roni & cheese
-tonga toast
-Mixed Greens w/craisins, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes (from Ariels Buffet Dinner menu)
-Toasted Italian Bread Salad (from mama melrose menu)
-Seared Chicken Breast with apples, fennel and fig (from Tinkerbell Buffet)
-Grilled Mahi Mahi with honey soy glaze (from living seas menu)
-Allspice -flavored Cake with seasonal berries (from Jiko)

When we got to the kitchen, I was freezing! And I had left my jacket back at Francks. The epcot staff was kind enough to find me a jacket - the head chefs jacket:lmao:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-48.jpg

Our table set up:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-56.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-55.jpg

They had everything set up like it would be on the buffet of our brunch reception:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-53.jpg

Here is the chicken with apples, fennel & fig - really good but a little dry:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-45.jpg

Mickey-roni (this was DFs request)
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-52.jpg

and tonga toast - so yummy:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-51.jpg

There was a mix up with our request however, so we didnt get to taste the mahi mahi - they had made a roast leg of lamb instead. Which was great, but we werent interested in it.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-44.jpg

The epcot chef (jim) felt so bad, that he looked to see if they had any mahi mahi handy to whip something up - and they didnt. So instead we tried the seared tuna - which was to die for!
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-43.jpg

Unfortunately due to budget constraints we probably wont do that for our guests but Jim and Ken both suggested we do the seared tuna as a treat for the Bride and Goom - which sounded good to us :thumbsup2

The salads were good, but we really liked the spicy flavor of the tossed italian bread salad, so we are going to add that to our buffet.

The mickey roni and cheese was good, but bland, so Jim said they could add a little more salt/pepper to it for our buffet.

The last item we tasted, a dessert off the menu at Jiko, we are adding to our dessert party menu. It was a 5 spice cake with macerated berries and honey sabayon - so yummy!!! They are going to set it up as a build-your-own station with the berries and sauce separate so the cake doesnt get soggy.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-42.jpg

And finally - our chef Jim and waiter David
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-41.jpg

jspahn
05-15-2009, 09:24 AM
After our tasting, we FINALLY got to see the Living Seas Salon.
It's really hard to imagine from everyone's pictures - and the colors in the pics we have seen were really nothing like the actual colors in the room.
The layout of the room is really funky too - long and skinny. I'll try to scan in the floor plan they gave us and post that later.
In the mean time, here are pics that we took on the visit - I'll try to break these up logically over a few posts.

Pre-reception Area:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-26.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-133.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-134.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-29.jpg

jspahn
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
As you leave the Pre-reception area, you move into one of 3 "alcoves" in the living seas room.
The first alcove contains the glass piano:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-22.jpg

Here is looking back into the area where the pre-reception was:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-19.jpg

Between that alcove and the next one is sort of a beach scene window where they usually set the cake up:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-136.jpg

then continuing to move left is a second alcove, where they put the dance floors:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-10.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-9.jpg

and finally moving into the farthest alcove, just a darker area that isnt really utilized:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-16.jpg

jspahn
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
From the dance floor alcove, if you turn around - this is the view of the 1st half of the room (pre reception room is to the left thru the dark doorway):
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-17.jpg

You can see the tables are actually up a few stairs from the dance floor, cake area, piano etc. with bench seating facing the alcoves to look into the aquarium.

Here is a picture standing at the furthest table and looking back to entrance and pre-reception - sorry its a little blurry:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-127.jpg

taken from dance floor alcove
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-129.jpg

And a pic of me sitting in the chairs - we decided to stick with the chairs in the picture instead of swapping them out for banquet chairs:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-118.jpg

jspahn
05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
as you can tell from those pics above, the colors of the room look very different in the pictures depending on flash/no flash and lighting.
SO - here are some very specifc pictures that show the real colors of the room - more of a dark blue (not purple) and lime green.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-21.jpghttp://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-20.jpg

carpet:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-33.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-137.jpg

jspahn
06-14-2009, 05:12 PM
It's been over a month since I've had a chance to update everyone. Let me give a quicx run down on the rest of our planning trip (back in April!!)

After the site visit Brandon and I headed to Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. We had heard good things on the boards so we were considering Raglan Road for our rehearsal dinner. We loved the menu options we were sent - much more reasonable than anything Disney had offered.

Well, I was sooooo disappointed!!!!!!! The "semi private" room, was not private in the least - not even semi! And it was loud - the band had started by the time we got there (they start at 6pm). We had been planning our rehearsal dinner for a Saturday night, at 7pm. So the band would have already been playing - meaning it was too loud for guests to talk. Below are some pics of the space they were going to put us in:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-37.jpg http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-34.jpg
We did try the yummy ham while we were that (as if we werent still stuffed from our menu tasting!):
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090403_disney_planning_session-12.jpg

So even though we loved Wendy - the banquet person at Raglan - and we loved the food/menus, we decided the space just wasnt going to work for us.:guilty:

Brandon and I left Raglan feeling a bit disconcerted - we were so sure we would use Raglan that now we were back to square one, with no idea what to do for the rehearsal dinner.
We walked around DTD and checked out other places - house of blues and bongos in particular. House of blues had potential, but we werent thrilled with it.

We walked around the rest of downtown disney, doing a little shopping. We bought our tophat ears and headband with veil ears in the main World of Disney store. Then we found a store (no i dont remember the name) that sold the mouse ear hats in pieces so you could build your own hat.
So I actually just bought ears - 2 white and 2 black. They are supposed to snap on to a "base" hat - classic mickey style - but I thought I could just find snaps that fit and put them on a regular baseball hat...

Tired, we headed back to our room. Up next: Tux fitting and meeting with Disney Photo.

jspahn
06-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Saturay morning we got up and headed out to Carolyn Allens for Brandon's tux fitting.
The people there were all really nice, and so helpful. We decided to put Brandon in a mickey head vest, and everyone else in purple.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090404_disney_planning_session-5.jpg

Here is a pic of our standard purple paint chip against vest colors:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Disney%20Planning%20Session/20090404_disney_planning_session-3.jpg

We settled on the purple for the rest of the guys. With Dad and Stepdad getting the striped tie, and everyone else in the solid tie.

Of course, as I type, we are reconsidering our decisions and may go with MW Tux after all, but I'll update you on that later. ;)

princess22
06-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Everything looks great! That food looks so yummy. Sorry Raglan Road didn't work out for you. Can't wait to hear more!

MegKate
06-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Let me know if you decide to go with MW Tux - I know I have a coupon around here somewhere for them - I got it with my dress at Davids! I'll send it down to you if you need it! :goodvibes

I'm sorry Raglan didn't work out for you. :sad2: It will all work out ;)

Chat soon!! -Meg :)

Pirate's Princess
06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Jennifer! I just found your thread and I'm so glad I did. I want a LSS wedding as well so I'm always curious, and an Epcot bride. Plus we are also torn about the photography situation, but I'm glad you found some you liked. I'm very curious as to how it pans out and I'm definitely staying tuned. If they work out well for you, I'll make sure to request them. Do you know if 2 photographers are included, or is that extra??

Awesome plans!

jspahn
06-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Everything looks great! That food looks so yummy. Sorry Raglan Road didn't work out for you. Can't wait to hear more!
The food was yummy for sure!

Let me know if you decide to go with MW Tux - I know I have a coupon around here somewhere for them - I got it with my dress at Davids! I'll send it down to you if you need it! :goodvibes

I'm sorry Raglan didn't work out for you. :sad2: It will all work out ;)

Chat soon!! -Meg :)
I just got a coupon too - we are going to look this weekend. The only down side would be that brandon couldnt have the Mickey head vest! which he is pouting over :rotfl:

Jennifer! I just found your thread and I'm so glad I did. I want a LSS wedding as well so I'm always curious, and an Epcot bride. Plus we are also torn about the photography situation, but I'm glad you found some you liked. I'm very curious as to how it pans out and I'm definitely staying tuned. If they work out well for you, I'll make sure to request them. Do you know if 2 photographers are included, or is that extra??

Awesome plans!
:goodvibes Thanks so much! I am glad you found the info useful to you! I dont know if 2 photographers are normally included, but i dont think we are being charged any extra. We really loved David & Vicki when we met them - I'll try to write that up tonight when I get home.

MegKate
06-17-2009, 12:51 PM
If you do MW Tux - what color are you thinking of putting him in vest and tie wise? I think the Mickey Heads were spiffy - but Brandon will look spiff no matter what the vest! :thumbsup2

AlternateEgo
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
She quoted us both assembled and non assembled - but the difference wasnt much between the two. Below is the assembled pricing.

White or Ivory Paper/ Assembled
2-sided Mickey fan, printed in one raised color

25 -$395.42
50 - $414.99
75 - $437.00
100 - $461.57
125 - $508.14
150 - $557.15
each addíl 25 - $49.82

Additional options:
Hand-tied bows (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . . .. . $1.85ea
Custom typeset . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $27.50 each side
Custom created Wedding Logo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $45.00 one-time fee
Glitter added to any color ink . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $50.00
Rhinestone Couture Buckle (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . .. $3.99ea

OMG... those prices are just crazy!!!

There was a girl on etsy that was offering to do them for $1.25 each. I am not sure if that was the price for printing them, or just cutting them out, because I specifically mentioned I only needed them to be cutout and I would do all the printing.

tiggersam00
06-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Mickey Head Vest!! I love it so perfect!

Sorry to hear RR didn't work out for you, did you WC have any other suggestions? :confused3

jspahn
06-25-2009, 11:08 AM
If you do MW Tux - what color are you thinking of putting him in vest and tie wise? I think the Mickey Heads were spiffy - but Brandon will look spiff no matter what the vest! :thumbsup2

We were thinking just plain black, but we keep waffling. We are going to go back to MW this weekend to look again.

OMG... those prices are just crazy!!!

There was a girl on etsy that was offering to do them for $1.25 each. I am not sure if that was the price for printing them, or just cutting them out, because I specifically mentioned I only needed them to be cutout and I would do all the printing.

Yes we thought they were crazy too - and debated on buying our own cricut! We still havent made a decision about what we are going to do. We need 60 or so programs, which means cutting out 120 heads on a cricut machine - one at a time. Which seems really time consuming and tedious. We may still look for someone else to do it for us.

Mickey Head Vest!! I love it so perfect!

Sorry to hear RR didn't work out for you, did you WC have any other suggestions? :confused3

Ken and Jen did have other suggestions for us. The first round they sent us, i shot down every one -- the attic, ariels and someplace else I cant remember right now. But I wasnt happy with any of them.

Then they came back with 3 very cool options, all at the Hollywood Studios: The prop shop, hollywood hideaway and the Narnia exibit.

We were going to go with the prop shop when we saw it - we just loved how unique it was!

In the end, we actually scrapped the rehearsal dinner all together. We would have ended up with like 38 people, which was crazy. And I felt like we were scheduling so much! I want people to enjoy the trip too - not feel like they have the whole time shceduled.

So instead, we are moving our Dessert Party from Monday night (after the wedding) to Saturday night, and treating like a welcome/rehearsal party. All guests still invited. We will be in Italy west plaza now.
This also works out better for our budget since DFs mom has agreed to pay for the Dessert Party in place of the rehearsal dinner :banana:

By doing that and cutting out video entirely, we basically slashed $9000 from our budget. Which helped a lot!!! We are sooo over where I thought we would be.
I'll try to post my original BEO later in the week - but our first one came in at 30k!!!! I had a heart attack!:scared1:

tiggersam00
06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow 9K!! Thats a huge cut! Good for you guys, thats great news and it must be a huge relife! I am dreading the day my BEO comes, I have visions of numbers that cost more then my Honda Accord flashing in my brain lol!

jspahn
07-23-2009, 05:14 PM
ok, so another month has gone by without me updating! So sorry! BUT today I have a bunch to post!
We finished our invitations and put them in the mail today. They took us much longer than I had planned in the beginning, but I am really happy with how they came out!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/BJinvites-002.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-13.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-14.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-15.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-17.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-18.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-19.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-21.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-22.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/invitations-20.jpg

jspahn
07-23-2009, 05:18 PM
we also did our water bottles -

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/waterbottle3.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/waterbottle4.jpg

mermaidbride1108
07-24-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi Jenn!! Love the invites!!! And I love the water bottle label! Did you make that? Would you mind sharing the label with me? I've been looking for something I liked but couldn't find anything!

We are getting so close now - are you getting excited???

jspahn
07-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Hi Jenn!! Love the invites!!! And I love the water bottle label! Did you make that? Would you mind sharing the label with me? I've been looking for something I liked but couldn't find anything!

We are getting so close now - are you getting excited???

We did do the labels ourselves. I will have to ask Brandon when he gets home from work - he did the labels in photoshop I think, and the files are on his laptop. Do you want him just to put your text on it in place of ours and send to you, or would you rather we just took our text off and sent you the blank background?
Just let me know :)

tiggerrifficheidi
07-24-2009, 12:17 PM
The invitations are gorgeous and the water bottles are great! You did a great job!

mermaidbride1108
07-24-2009, 12:42 PM
We did do the labels ourselves. I will have to ask Brandon when he gets home from work - he did the labels in photoshop I think, and the files are on his laptop. Do you want him just to put your text on it in place of ours and send to you, or would you rather we just took our text off and sent you the blank background?
Just let me know :)

Thnaks so much! Would you mind adding our names? if you could, that would be great!

Can you do
Matthew & Jaclyn
August 31, 2009

THANK YOU!!

Oh, did you change your date? I thought your wedding was in Sept. Did I miss that?

jspahn
07-24-2009, 01:48 PM
The invitations are gorgeous and the water bottles are great! You did a great job!
thanks Heidi! When we made the decision to do it ourselves instead of using Shelley I had no idea how long it would take us to get them perfect!

Thnaks so much! Would you mind adding our names? if you could, that would be great!

Can you do
Matthew & Jaclyn
August 31, 2009

THANK YOU!!

Oh, did you change your date? I thought your wedding was in Sept. Did I miss that?

Sure can do that for you - i'll send it to your gmail account. I'll try to get Brandon to do it tonight when he gets home.
We just printed out on regular paper - we sized ours for Dasani bottles. You may need to trim a bit if you use a different brand.

DJ Disney Kid
08-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Are those resort rates for one night? Pop Century is $105 for one night or is that for the whole time of the wedding?

jspahn
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Are those resort rates for one night? Pop Century is $105 for one night or is that for the whole time of the wedding?

actually that was the rate our guests were quoted per night - as negotiated in our contract.
At the moment disney is running a special that puts pop century down to $79 per night. So this past weekend i had all my guests cancel the reservation they had with the Weddings Group and re-book via the normal website.

jspahn
08-14-2009, 07:49 AM
Wow how time flies! Let me try to catch you all up on everything thats been going on!

I made changes to our floral - I decided I didnt like the rose wands for the girls and instead I wanted bouquets. So now they will all have small round bouquets of purple and lavendar hydranga with white stephanotis (which ties into my bouquet of black magic roses with white stephanotis).

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/newbouquet1.jpg

So here is our newest Floral Estimate:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/8-14-20098-42-32AM.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/8-14-20098-44-45AM.jpg

jspahn
08-14-2009, 08:03 AM
While we were at our bridal shower in ny the first weekend in august, we made the decision to add a flower girl and ring bearer. They are my cousins kids and they are so adorable! Flower girl is on the older side - 7, and ring bearer is 4 i think.
So, this week I ordered basket and pillow below:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/2.jpg http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/1.jpg

Also - Here is a mock up of what our bridesmaids will look like - maid of honors dress is right most in this picture.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/BridalParty.png

And our tuxes:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/tuxes.jpg

jspahn
08-14-2009, 08:09 AM
and one more - these are the 2 favors we are doing. One is a gel candle with shells in it, the other is a clear heart shaped box that we will fill with custom M&Ms in jade and purple.
I think we are going to use the hearts (with blank tag) as our place cards - so the tags would have everyones name & table assignment.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/favor3.jpg

tiggerrifficheidi
08-15-2009, 07:57 AM
The hydrangea bouquets are gorgeous!

MegKate
08-17-2009, 09:35 PM
First off - I CANNOT BELIEVE WE'RE SO CLOSE!! :scared1:

Ahh. Ok.. now that I've got that out of my system! :rotfl:The bouquets are gorgeous! I think you made the right decision. :thumbsup2

jspahn
08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
The hydrangea bouquets are gorgeous!

thanks heidi - i thought they were much better than the rose wands!

First off - I CANNOT BELIEVE WE'RE SO CLOSE!! :scared1:

Ahh. Ok.. now that I've got that out of my system! :rotfl:The bouquets are gorgeous! I think you made the right decision. :thumbsup2

I am sooo freaking out about how close we are!! I still have a million things to do. I am traveling for work again this week, but am trying to write our ceremony from my hotel room at night! :rolleyes1
And thanks for the input on bouquets - Elizabeth M from floral sent me that pic and i fell in love with them!

Pirate's Princess
08-19-2009, 07:44 PM
I love those colors!! And the hydrangea bouquets are amazing.

tiggersam00
08-22-2009, 11:18 PM
:goodvibesSounds like you have stuff really comng together Jen!! I love love love all the BM dresses together, they look amazing!!! So perfect for yout colors/theme. And the favors are so cute!:cutie:

jspahn
08-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I love those colors!! And the hydrangea bouquets are amazing.

Thank you so much - I am really pleased with the way its coming out!

:goodvibesSounds like you have stuff really comng together Jen!! I love love love all the BM dresses together, they look amazing!!! So perfect for yout colors/theme. And the favors are so cute!:cutie:

Thanks Sam! Little by little it is getting there - of course only 50 days left :scared1:
I saw you were getting nervous about being less than 6 months - just wait till its 6 weeks!! ;)

tiggersam00
08-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks Sam! Little by little it is getting there - of course only 50 days left :scared1:
I saw you were getting nervous about being less than 6 months - just wait till its 6 weeks!! ;)

haha I cant imagine! But you seem to have all the big stuff together so I am so confident that your big day will be smooth sailing:goodvibes

jspahn
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
YAY!!! Our window clings are done, and so are the table names/cards!

Window Cling - this will go in everyone's welcome bag. We have like 20 something rooms at Coronado Springs, so this will let everyone know what room has wedding guets!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/window_cling.jpg

And table cards - in a 5x7 frame - all characters from The Little Mermaid

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0158.jpg

pezaddict231
08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
those are awesome! Love the window clings, how did you make them, if you don't mind me asking?

tiggersam00
08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I was just going to ask the same thing lol! And how about the table names, did you just print them and mount them?

They look awesome Jen!

jspahn
08-25-2009, 08:59 AM
I was just going to ask the same thing lol! And how about the table names, did you just print them and mount them?

They look awesome Jen!

those are awesome! Love the window clings, how did you make them, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks ladies :) I am really pleased with how they turned out. Here is how I did both of them -

Table names - just printed on regular paper - graphic size 4x6. The we found the purple scrapbooking paper in Michaels on clearance - its actually embossed with little hearts too but you cant see it in the picture. We cut that to 5x7 and mounted the regular paper on to that, then popped it in the frame. Really easy. The hardest part was finding graphics of enough Little Mermaid characters!

Window Clings - I had saved this thread a while back, knowing I wanted to do the clings:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1887426

BUT the instructions in that thread didnt work out so well for me. I did use the same window cling paper (http://www.theroyalstore.com/index.php?cat=41&p=33)(found it in Michaels) and I printed our design out using our inkjet printer. We did have to "flip" the design before printing. (we were using photoshop to create the clings).
But here is where we differ. The original instructions said to spray paint right over the design that was just printed. Well, we did that and the ink ran and blurred the text. It looked awful. Not sure what we did wrong! :confused3

SO, we came up with a better idea, that didnt involve spray paint at all. We bought full sheet mailing labels (http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Inch-White-Shipping-Labels/dp/B00004Z6I0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=office-products&qid=1251208422&sr=8-3). So we printed out our clings on the window cling paper (again, reversing image) and then put the full sheet label right over what we had just printed. The brand we bought, the adhesive they use is a little grayish, so even though the mailing label itself is white, you are actually using the back of the mailing label (with the adhesive) as your background for the window cling. Then we just cut them down to the proper size. All our guests will have to do is peel off the protective coating from the front of the window cling and pop it in thier window.:thumbsup2
Our test one is still hanging on our sliding glass door - been there over a week now, so it definitely sticks well!

Let me know if that doesnt make sense and I'll try to explain it better.

jspahn
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
So just a quick update while I am stuck on a boring conference call...

we had our first dance lesson last night!!!!!! :cool1:
We are using "Cant take my eyes off of you" by Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons. So its not the typical slow song.

We signed up for 4 weeks of private dance lessons at a nearby studio. Our instructor rachael heard the song and said the rhumba worked best for the beginning part, with a triple swing for the middle (fast) part of the song.

I have to admit, it was more fun than expected. Though it will take lots of practice for us to be able to dance without both of us muttering "slow, quick quick slow, quick quick slow" or "triple step, triple step, rock step" :lmao: everytime we tried to talk to one another or our instructor said something we'd get off beat!

Still, for just our first lesson it went pretty well :thumbsup2

malibustacey
08-27-2009, 11:09 AM
ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!

malibustacey
08-27-2009, 11:12 AM
how did i miss your dress!???

it is sooo princessy! i love it!! :goodvibes

Pirate's Princess
08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I :lovestruc the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!

jspahn
08-27-2009, 03:18 PM
ohhhhh thats wicked about the dance lessons!!!!

I love the window hangings... i want to do them! i will have to *ahem.... borrow your ideas!

I cant wait to see your wedding... i love all your plans and colours and ideas !!

how did i miss your dress!???

it is sooo princessy! i love it!! :goodvibes
Thanks Stacey! Feel free to "borrow" ideas - I've borrowed many from other dis brides!!

My first dress fitting is sunday!! I am so excited and slightly nervous (i couldnt zip it a couple months ago!!)

That dance sounds really awesome! That is too cute of an idea! And I :lovestruc the window clings. But I'm not so crafty...sounds too confusing!!

The window clings really werent hard - I am not the craftiest person either, but these were simple. I am sure you could do it Samantha! If not, I would be happy to do them for you after our wedding is over;)

jspahn
08-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Jewelry for the bridesmaids - I ordered these online - came out super cheap, like $11 per set!!!

I still dont know what i am wearing yet, but at least the girls are done!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/wholesalecostumejewelry_2067_626179.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/wholesalecostumejewelry_2067_790195.gif

LLLBelle
08-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I really like your plans so far, the Litte Mermaid theme is cute. You and DFi look cute together :goodvibes

The window clings are awesome. You are so close now!

CassIS300
08-29-2009, 07:24 PM
I love those earrings! Very elegant! I wish I had my ears peirced but they wont heal not matter what metal I use. :(

Boardwalk_bride
08-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I just caught up with your pj! I love all your plans. Your e-ring is gorgeous! And don't feel ashamed of having 5 cats, I had 3 by the time I was 22, so give me a few more years and I will have more than you!:lmao: Your invitations turned out great! Your cake tasting pic's made me sooo hungry....what does almond and amaretto taste like?

If I could afford to have a wishes wedding, I think I would choose venue over photography as well. Not that I don't want good pictures, but to have the experience of being married in Epcot is worth gambling with photography IMHO. Plus, I am sure plenty of guests will be snapping away as well :goodvibes

I look forward to more!

tiggersam00
08-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Awesome about the dance lessons, it will get easier and you wont have to count in your head so much. Play the song while your driving to work so it sounds more natural to you, thats what I always do when I am choreographing a dance and it works wonders:thumbsup2

And thanks for the window cling instructions:goodvibes

Ilove all the BM jewlery, great finds!. It looks like its all coming together:goodvibes

jspahn
08-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I really like your plans so far, the Litte Mermaid theme is cute. You and DFi look cute together :goodvibes

The window clings are awesome. You are so close now!

Thanks!! I cant believe we leave for Disney in just 5 weeks!

I love those earrings! Very elegant! I wish I had my ears peirced but they wont heal not matter what metal I use. :(

I thought the earrings were the perfect length!
My ears are super sensitive - most of the time i need gold or my ears turn red and they hurt!

I just caught up with your pj! I love all your plans. Your e-ring is gorgeous! And don't feel ashamed of having 5 cats, I had 3 by the time I was 22, so give me a few more years and I will have more than you!:lmao: Your invitations turned out great! Your cake tasting pic's made me sooo hungry....what does almond and amaretto taste like?

If I could afford to have a wishes wedding, I think I would choose venue over photography as well. Not that I don't want good pictures, but to have the experience of being married in Epcot is worth gambling with photography IMHO. Plus, I am sure plenty of guests will be snapping away as well :goodvibes

I look forward to more!

You know, you wouldnt think it, but 5 cats is waaaay more work than when I just had 3! I've only had the last 2 for a little over a year and boy do we go thru a lot more food and litter!

Thanks for the compliment on our invitations - they took us forever. I dont think all our guests have any idea how much work they were! But I know my other Disbrides get it :goodvibes
The almond cake and ammaretto mousse was just yummy, I'm not sure how to describe it. Almond-y. Sweet. ummm.... should i just send you a piece? ;)

Awesome about the dance lessons, it will get easier and you wont have to count in your head so much. Play the song while your driving to work so it sounds more natural to you, thats what I always do when I am choreographing a dance and it works wonders:thumbsup2

And thanks for the window cling instructions:goodvibes

Ilove all the BM jewlery, great finds!. It looks like its all coming together:goodvibes

Thanks for the advice Sam of listening to it in my car, I will have to try that. I also added it to my ipod and will take that to work too. I am sure it will get easier with practice. How is your new studio going anyway? I am sure you are extremely busy with that plus wedding planning!!

You are quite welcome for the window cling instructions - it really is super simple. And I think it will be awesome since all of our guests are staying at the same hotel.

jspahn
08-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Today was quite the eventful day! I had my first dress fitting!!!!!! :cool1:

The dress fit really well, not too many alterations needed. It would probably fit better if i lost another 5lbs but still, all good.
I hate my upper arms, but I've hated them since high school, not a lot i can do about it!

So, here are some pictures (not that great) of my fitting today. I am excited because we did at least find the perfect jewelry to wear with the dress (you can see it in the last picture). The tiara in these pics isnt actually mine, dummy me left mine at home. Mine is a little larger/taller.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0166.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0168.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0170.jpg

MegKate
08-30-2009, 08:29 PM
You look gorgeous Jenn! :lovestruc

LLLBelle
08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Beautiful!! :thumbsup2 The jewelry really looks nice with it and it all sparkles wonderfully.

redlight
08-30-2009, 09:15 PM
You're beautiful, and the dress fits you well.

jspahn
08-31-2009, 08:41 AM
You look gorgeous Jenn! :lovestruc

Beautiful!! :thumbsup2 The jewelry really looks nice with it and it all sparkles wonderfully.

You're beautiful, and the dress fits you well.

Aww, thanks girls!! :blush:

CassIS300
08-31-2009, 04:36 PM
You look beautiful! Upper arms...shmarms....your gorgeous!

MainStMandy
08-31-2009, 05:11 PM
Aww you look beautiful!!!

Sarah <3 Disney
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
You look beautiful in your dress! :lovestruc

Boardwalk_bride
08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Your dress is so pretty! I love the sparkly train:goodvibes

jspahn
09-01-2009, 09:16 AM
You look beautiful! Upper arms...shmarms....your gorgeous!
HAHA - I like your attitude ;) Thank you!

Aww you look beautiful!!!
Thanks Amanda!

You look beautiful in your dress! :lovestruc Thank you Sarah.

Your dress is so pretty! I love the sparkly train:goodvibes
Thank you Karen - the train is what really sold me on the dress! It has beautiful embroidery and beading. And it looks fabulous when bustled too.

jspahn
09-01-2009, 05:20 PM
So i just realized I never shared one of my other DIY projects! We made luggage tags for all our guests. The ones who already made plans before the shower got thier then. The remaining few we are mailing out once we have all the rsvps. here's a pic for one of the ones we need to mail out:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/coronado_tag.jpg

LLLBelle
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Those are adorable!

Boardwalk_bride
09-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Ohh, I love the luggage tags!!! Where did you find the plastic holders?

jspahn
09-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Those are adorable!
Thanks - we had a different one for our offsite folks too, dont have a pic of that though.

Ohh, I love the luggage tags!!! Where did you find the plastic holders?

Our shower guests loved them! I am so glad we did it.

The holders we ordered off amazon -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J09IH2/

and the straps -
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AJQRIO/

They are pretty heavy quality plastic, not flimsy at all. We were really happy with the way they turned out!

The designs we got from one of the girls on the DISigns board - she had one for each hotel plus a generic offsite one. Initially we had Pop, Boardwalk, Coronado and offsite... but now all our guests are just at Coronado.

Pirate's Princess
09-02-2009, 07:34 PM
You look amazing in your dress! I love off-the-shoulder design!! And the luggage tags rock.

tinkerbell 766
09-04-2009, 06:24 AM
Hi
I apologize for hijacking your thread, jspahn!!
I am the person who DISigned the luggage tags!!
I lurk on here too as I have an Escape VR planned for May 2011!!!
Although I have temporarily 'retired' from the 'Creative DISigns' board due to a number of factors, if anybody wants luggage tags 'disigned' for their wedding, please PM me!!! I can do any resort or a generic WDW one and also have some designs which are more 'weddingy'. I could also try to co-ordinate with your wedding color scheme.
I do this for free and will post your design so that you can print and make them up at home.
Let me know if I can help

jspahn
09-10-2009, 08:05 AM
You look amazing in your dress! I love off-the-shoulder design!! And the luggage tags rock.

Thanks sam!

Hi
I apologize for hijacking your thread, jspahn!!
I am the person who DISigned the luggage tags!!
I lurk on here too as I have an Escape VR planned for May 2011!!!
Although I have temporarily 'retired' from the 'Creative DISigns' board due to a number of factors, if anybody wants luggage tags 'disigned' for their wedding, please PM me!!! I can do any resort or a generic WDW one and also have some designs which are more 'weddingy'. I could also try to co-ordinate with your wedding color scheme.
I do this for free and will post your design so that you can print and make them up at home.
Let me know if I can help

Thank you again Joanne for the tags - everyone loves them!

jspahn
09-10-2009, 08:10 AM
quick update -

I am working from home today because our custom M&Ms should be delivered - woohoo :banana:

We also got an email that the pocket watches we bought for our groomsman are shipping today as well. We are going to get the covers engraved once we have them:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/groomsman.jpg

We also got all of our RSVPs and have worked out table assignments. We have 58 for our wedding, and 54 for our dessert party. Not bad at all!

AND On tuesday the bridesmaid dresses all came in :cheer2: So i promptly sent them via priority mail to all the girls.

Everything is really coming together! The major items left to do are Programs, and burning the cd for ceremony music, sicne I still havent finalized my choices.

Ann117
09-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I love your Window clings!! Where did you get the back ground graphic for it? I am going to try to make some soon. Also where did you get your bridesmaid jewelery. I love it and it was so cheap!

jspahn
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM
I love your Window clings!! Where did you get the back ground graphic for it? I am going to try to make some soon. Also where did you get your bridesmaid jewelery. I love it and it was so cheap!

Thanks Ann! I got the graphic from off the creative DISigns board, I cant remember who, but I do have the blank versions still saved. I will post them to my photobucket when I get home from work and PM you the links. :thumbsup2

The jewelry we bought from this site:
http://www.costumejewelrywholesale.com/bridalsets-1.html

Ann117
09-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Thanks for all your help!! Your wedding is so soon good luck with everything.

pezaddict231
09-15-2009, 09:34 AM
thanks for posting the link for the wedding jewelry site, the prices are great!

MiaBella05
09-16-2009, 09:21 AM
popcorn:: joining in, love your personal website!! popcorn::

Boardwalk_bride
09-16-2009, 10:41 AM
The pocket watches are really nice! They will be even better when they are engraved!:goodvibes

Bolanette87
09-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Oh my God- You hate your upper arms?! Why!? I would love arms like yours! You look amazing in your dress!

Bob xoxox

jspahn
09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Thanks for all your help!! Your wedding is so soon good luck with everything.
You are very welcome - if you want to "borrow" anything else let me know :thumbsup2

thanks for posting the link for the wedding jewelry site, the prices are great!
The prices on that site are what convinced me! Why should I spend a lot on jewelry that the girls might not wear again? And there was a lot of variety on there.
popcorn:: joining in, love your personal website!! popcorn:: Welcome, and thanks :) DF and I worked hard on it. I actually need to go out and post our montly update. Time to remind people they need to book the Magical Express ASAP ;)

The pocket watches are really nice! They will be even better when they are engraved!:goodvibes
We got them in and they are really nice in person. I always worry a little bit about quality when I order from someplace new, but the watches are perfect.

Oh my God- You hate your upper arms?! Why!? I would love arms like yours! You look amazing in your dress!

Bob xoxox
Thank you so much! I think every girl has one body part they really dont like, for me its always been my arms.
I tried to pull up your PJ to see your dress, but my company blocks photobucket, so all i get is a red x BOOOO:sad2: I will have to look when I get home!

jspahn
09-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Just 3 weeks from today! :scared1: We leave for Disney in 14 days!!!

Wanted to post a quick update with our finished escoort cards/M&M favors.
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/tag3.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/tag2.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/tag1.jpg

And also, here is the mock up of our programs - still some tweaking i need to do to the inside since we changed the music, but you get the idea:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0219-1.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/prog2.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/IMG_0231.jpg

copper4
09-23-2009, 05:22 PM
These came out great-I like the colors and the Eiffel Tower on the cover since you're getting married in France- nice!

camara381
09-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Love the programs!!! Very nice and the favors are super cute!

pezaddict231
09-23-2009, 08:10 PM
they came out great! I love the little picture for each person's table name!

shippedtosea
09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Hey, I am new to reading your PJ! Congrats. I think its funny that I have never come across your PJ because i'm having a similiar theme. I love how everything is coming along and can't wait to read more!

Stephie77
09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
the favors and programs look great! you did such a good job. the labels on the favors are so adorable!

MegKate
09-24-2009, 08:46 PM
Your programs came out so well! Uber jealous! I tried the whole ribbon thing on mine, and I just got fustrated and gave up!

Thank you so much for the help with programs! :flower3: Now I've just got to post mine!

Pirate's Princess
09-25-2009, 01:03 PM
The favors and program came out great! How exciting!! It's so close!!!!!

jspahn
09-25-2009, 03:28 PM
These came out great-I like the colors and the Eiffel Tower on the cover since you're getting married in France- nice!
Thanks Laurie ;) The paper we are printing on will have that old parchment-y feel. It will fit in France quite nicely.

Love the programs!!! Very nice and the favors are super cute!
Thanks carolina - cant wait to see your TR now that you are back!

they came out great! I love the little picture for each person's table name!
That was a bit tricky - there really arent that many characters in the little mermaid!! :rotfl:
But in the end we found pictures of enough to make it work

Hey, I am new to reading your PJ! Congrats. I think its funny that I have never come across your PJ because i'm having a similiar theme. I love how everything is coming along and can't wait to read more!
Welcome to my PJ! I saw you got the paper to work - good for you! I know I struggled with paper for our invitations too - the metalic paper just wouldnt dry when we used our inkjet printer!

the favors and programs look great! you did such a good job. the labels on the favors are so adorable!
Thank you Steph! And congrats on double digits! :banana:

Your programs came out so well! Uber jealous! I tried the whole ribbon thing on mine, and I just got fustrated and gave up!

Thank you so much for the help with programs! :flower3: Now I've just got to post mine!

You are quite welcome for the templates. I completely understand the ribbon frustration. I think Michaels is tired of seeing me and brandon - we buy ribbon, we return it, we buy other ribbon, we return it! Come to think of it, Office Max is tired of us too. They remembered us since we kept returning things and changing our mids. We now shop at Staples :lmao:

The favors and program came out great! How exciting!! It's so close!!!!!
Thanks Sam. Did you get your shoes in? Those star ones were real cute - bummer about the mouse ones though!

jspahn
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Holy cow - just 2 weeks from today!!!

I just wanted to share a quick little update -- I have secretly arranged for a Grooms cake as a surprise for Brandon. :cool1:
His favorite Disney character is Stitch, who I realllllllly dislike. Anytime we've worked on wedding stuff I've always said no to Stitch. So I wanted to surprise him with a stitch cake (and all chocolate since we have no chocolate in our wedding cake because I dont like chocolate!)

(MOM if you are reading this, SHHHHHHH - dont tell anyone!)

So here is a concept picture that our planners assistant drew:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/DIS%20Uploads/9-25-20094-38-03PM.jpg

That's all for now - back to work :)

malibustacey
09-28-2009, 10:17 AM
awww that is really nice of you to do that- it will be a great surprise!! he willl love it!

i cant wait to see what it turns out like!!

jeeeze ... 2 weeks?!!?

Stephie77
09-28-2009, 10:39 AM
the grooms cake looks like it will be adorable! so close to your wedding now. you must be soooo excited!

Ann117
09-28-2009, 12:24 PM
The cake is so cute he is going to love it.

copper4
09-28-2009, 12:57 PM
MMMMM.chocolate! Yum yum! Looks great!

Sarah <3 Disney
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Aww, that cake is almost too cute to eat! ...Almost... :rotfl:

pezaddict231
09-28-2009, 08:26 PM
the cake looks awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Pirate's Princess
09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
I love the stitch cake!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the real one. And yes the awesome star shoes came in but they were too big!! :(

shippedtosea
09-28-2009, 10:12 PM
I love the groom cake! can't wait to see how it looks!

jspahn
10-02-2009, 06:14 AM
awww that is really nice of you to do that- it will be a great surprise!! he willl love it!

i cant wait to see what it turns out like!!

jeeeze ... 2 weeks?!!?

the grooms cake looks like it will be adorable! so close to your wedding now. you must be soooo excited!

The cake is so cute he is going to love it.

MMMMM.chocolate! Yum yum! Looks great!

Aww, that cake is almost too cute to eat! ...Almost... :rotfl:

the cake looks awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I love the stitch cake!!!! I can't wait to see pics of the real one. And yes the awesome star shoes came in but they were too big!! :(

I love the groom cake! can't wait to see how it looks!

Thanks everyone - I promise I will post pics of how the cake actually turns out.

Sorry I've been absent the last few days - lots to do! We are leaving on TUESDAY!!!!:banana: We are still trying to finish up our welcome bag contents, music for the ceremony, and we havent yet printed the programs. I will try to update everyone at least once more before we leave!

camara381
10-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Love the grooms cake concept!!!! can't wait to see how it turns out!!

copper4
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Wedding just six days away now! Can't wait to see you there!

pezaddict231
10-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats and have an awesome time!

Boardwalk_bride
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Ohh, I cannot beleive you are there! I hope you are having a fantastic time (although I am sure you are:goodvibes) Can't wait to hear all about it!

kmg148
10-06-2009, 10:24 PM
AH! So soon!

I love the window cling and luggage tag ideas! I love how resouceful and inexpensive everyone's ideas are on here!!

Have a great wedding! I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Pirate's Princess
10-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Wow, only 2 days until!! I hope you are having a wonderful time, and you're going to have a lovely wedding day!!!

Boardwalk_bride
10-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I know I am going to be busy tomorrow, and I didn't want to forgot to wish you all the best on your day, so I am going to do it one day early!

HAPPY (almost) WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephie77
10-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Happy Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LLLBelle
10-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Happy Wedding Day!!

MainStMandy
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
happy wedding day!!!

Sarah <3 Disney
10-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Happy wedding day! :lovestruc :goodvibes

jspahn
10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi girls!!! Thanks so much for your kind wishes :goodvibes We are now home in Atlanta - so sad! Already trying to figure out our next disney trip!

The wedding was beautiful - everything went smoothly on our wedding day. We had a few hiccups leading up to it, but overall everything turned out great.

I will post some pics when I get home from work - I dont have too many yet. I will try to do vendor reviews this week as well. I dont think i will do a full blown day by day TR, but I promise to give you all the important info ;)

AND, the grooms cake came out unbelievably perfect!!! I will post that picture tonight too!

Boardwalk_bride
10-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi girls!!! Thanks so much for your kind wishes :goodvibes We are now home in Atlanta - so sad! Already trying to figure out our next disney trip!

The wedding was beautiful - everything went smoothly on our wedding day. We had a few hiccups leading up to it, but overall everything turned out great.

I will post some pics when I get home from work - I dont have too many yet. I will try to do vendor reviews this week as well. I dont think i will do a full blown day by day TR, but I promise to give you all the important info ;)

AND, the grooms cake came out unbelievably perfect!!! I will post that picture tonight too!

Yay! Glad you are back, and had a good time:goodvibes Can't wait for the TR!!

sillykaren
10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Here is your PJ! I knew I had to know who you were when Vicki mentioned you! :) Your pictures are GOOOORGEOUS! It looks like such a magical day! :goodvibes

MainStMandy
10-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Yay you are home!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

malibustacey
10-20-2009, 11:22 AM
YES PICTURES. PLEASE!!

Wooooohoooooo!! :banana: I cant wait to see them!

Pirate's Princess
10-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Yay for pics!! I can't to see them!! I'm glad everything was perfect for you, including the grooms cake!

jspahn
10-20-2009, 01:39 PM
As promised, here are a few pics. These were saved down from facebook, so they arent the highest quality. These are the sneak peeks David & Vicki Arndt (our photographers) posted to my wall:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/pic6.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/pic4.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/pic3.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/pic1.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/pic5.jpg

jspahn
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
and here are some pics that guests took - including the grooms cake!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/DSC_2983.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/DSC_2984.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/IMG_0530.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/IMG_0502.jpg

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/DSC_3111.jpg

And finally, a pic of brandon and I with our planner, Ken.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/jspahn/Wedding%20Pics/DSC_3123.jpg

Chilly
10-20-2009, 01:45 PM
LOVE the 2nd to last one.

jspahn
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Yay! Glad you are back, and had a good time:goodvibes Can't wait for the TR!!

Here is your PJ! I knew I had to know who you were when Vicki mentioned you! :) Your pictures are GOOOORGEOUS! It looks like such a magical day! :goodvibes

Yay you are home!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

YES PICTURES. PLEASE!!

Wooooohoooooo!! :banana: I cant wait to see them!

Yay for pics!! I can't to see them!! I'm glad everything was perfect for you, including the grooms cake!

Thank you ladies -I hope you like the pics! I feel so out of touch with all of your plans. I am hoping to catch up with everyones PJs/TRs this weekend! Staying off the DIS for almost 3 weeks leaves me a lot of reading!;)

LOVE the 2nd to last one.

I love that one too - that was in morocco after our ceremony.

Stephie77
10-20-2009, 01:58 PM
welcome back! your pictures look beautiful so far. your bouquet is gorgeous!!! i can't wait to see more!!!!

MainStMandy
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Oh everything looked beautiful!! love the ceremony location!!!

Boardwalk_bride
10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Oh my gosh...your pictures look amazing!! I love both the cakes!!

pezaddict231
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Congrats! Everything looks wonderful! Looking forward to your wedding TR!

redlight
10-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Beautiful pictures. I especially liked the one a guest took of the wedding party. The green of the BMs dresses contrasts really well with your dress.

KSchwagg86
10-20-2009, 07:28 PM
WOW--incredible--I can't wait for this TR!

MegKate
10-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Hey Jen!

You looked gorgeous chica! Karen showed me an IPhone picture of you and Brandon when we were on our way to the reception - I think the Roots got a picture of Rob and I looking and oohing and aahing over it! I'll pass it along when I get it! But seriously - you looked beautiful!! :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear about your day!! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
10-22-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow! Your pictures, location, you and everything were just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see more!

jspahn
10-22-2009, 03:59 PM
welcome back! your pictures look beautiful so far. your bouquet is gorgeous!!! i can't wait to see more!!!!
thank you steph! The bouquet was heavy as all heck!!!! my wrist started to hurt from holding the darn thing!

Oh everything looked beautiful!! love the ceremony location!!!
thanks mandy - i know you considered france too. It turned out wonderful!

Oh my gosh...your pictures look amazing!! I love both the cakes!!
thanks - brandon was totally surprised by the stitch cake!! And they were both delicious (i cant personally vouch for the chocolate grooms cake, but brandon said it was great!)

Congrats! Everything looks wonderful! Looking forward to your wedding TR!
I will try to get working on that TR this weekend sara ;)

Beautiful pictures. I especially liked the one a guest took of the wedding party. The green of the BMs dresses contrasts really well with your dress.
The girls really did look fabulous! I was so pleased with how the dresses and flowers turned out.

WOW--incredible--I can't wait for this TR!
thank you :goodvibes I will really try to start the TR this weekend!

Hey Jen!

You looked gorgeous chica! Karen showed me an IPhone picture of you and Brandon when we were on our way to the reception - I think the Roots got a picture of Rob and I looking and oohing and aahing over it! I'll pass it along when I get it! But seriously - you looked beautiful!! :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear about your day!! :goodvibes

MEG!! My wedding twin! karen was so funny taking our picture with her phone! When she found out we knew each other from the DIS she just had to have a pic to show you!
You looked great too - cant wait to see more of your pics!

Cut your hair yet?? I am going to go this weekend i think to chop mine off!

Wow! Your pictures, location, you and everything were just stunning!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes I can't wait to see more!

Awwww, thanks Toni! I am not yet caught up on your anniversary trip plans, but it's on the reading list ;)

Sarah <3 Disney
10-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Your pictures are gorgeous! :goodvibes I love how your red bouquet really stands out against the other colors. Awesome! :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to see more!

jspahn
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Your pictures are gorgeous! :goodvibes I love how your red bouquet really stands out against the other colors. Awesome! :thumbsup2

I cannot wait to see more!

Thank you Sarah!

i havent forgotten about you girls, but I was trying to wait until my pics were all posted before i started my trip report.

As a whole, i will say that I am probably one of the few brides that feels like it WASNT worth it. We spent a lot of money on the wedding, and even though the day itself turned out perfect, there were a lot of other things that were not so perfect regarding the wedding event.

At least we got fabulous photographers!!! ;)

Anyway, I will get to the TR and vendor reviews as soon as I have pics to share!

Boardwalk_bride
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
As a whole, i will say that I am probably one of the few brides that feels like it WASNT worth it. We spent a lot of money on the wedding, and even though the day itself turned out perfect, there were a lot of other things that were not so perfect regarding the wedding event.

At least we got fabulous photographers!!! ;)

Anyway, I will get to the TR and vendor reviews as soon as I have pics to share!

Oh no, I hope everything is okay!! It looks like you had a good time anyway through the pics!

lpizzuro123
10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow - beautiful photos. Love the first and the sepia colored one in Morocco.

Linda

LLLBelle
10-28-2009, 04:44 PM
You were a beautiful bride! The teaser pics are lovely, I love the location. I can't wait to read your TR.

pezaddict231
10-28-2009, 05:54 PM
oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Well at least your photographers were good! Looking forward to hearing more.

jspahn
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Oh no, I hope everything is okay!! It looks like you had a good time anyway through the pics!

Everything is fine, i didnt mean to alarm anyone :) Our wedding day was truly perfect, but there were a lot of headaches in the days before - most of which we had no control over.

Wow - beautiful photos. Love the first and the sepia colored one in Morocco.

Linda

Thank you linda, that one is one of my favorites too!

You were a beautiful bride! The teaser pics are lovely, I love the location. I can't wait to read your TR.

Thank you. The location suited us perfectly - france was beautiful!

oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. Well at least your photographers were good! Looking forward to hearing more.

Our photographers were jsut awesome. I couldnt have asked for anyone better!

jspahn
10-29-2009, 11:58 AM
And without further ado.... our pics are posted!!!!!!!:cool1::woohoo:

www.collages.net/disneyweddings (http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings)
Login: Spahn / Martin Wedding
Password: 1971
there are like 866 pics - and some really really great ones!

shippedtosea
10-29-2009, 12:09 PM
These are so pretty! Can't wait to see more!

malibustacey
10-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Wow... you looked beautiful. Your dress.... :lovestruc Your hair.... :lovestruc your make up....:lovestruc and Brandon looked handsome too!

okay so im off to see all your photos! Stuff work! haha!

Stephie77
10-29-2009, 12:24 PM
your pictures look beautiful! your hair came out gorgeous. disney did a great job. if you don't mind me asking, who was your photographers?

jspahn
10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
These are so pretty! Can't wait to see more!

More???:scared1: Did you go thru all 866? It took us over 2 hours to get thru them the first time.

Wow... you looked beautiful. Your dress.... :lovestruc Your hair.... :lovestruc your make up....:lovestruc and Brandon looked handsome too!

okay so im off to see all your photos! Stuff work! haha!

Awww, thanks stacey! I'm not getting much done at work this afternoon either ;)

your pictures look beautiful! your hair came out gorgeous. disney did a great job. if you don't mind me asking, who was your photographers?

Thank you Steph - Ana did a great job on my hair. It stayed in place the entire day - even after dancing!

Our photographers were David and Vicki Arndt. Here is their site:
http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/ (http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/)

Now, I am sure this is going to bring up a ton of questions because we had an event IN the park, but had outside photgraphers technically.
So let me just explain now... kinda long...

David and Vicki used to work for Disney Photo. It was a huge struggle for us when deciding on our locations whether or not we would chance using Disney photo after i had read so many bad things on here. We even talked to Misty Miotto thinking we would go with something outside the park... but in the end location was really important to us, and so Misty (i think) and someone else suggested David & Vicki. So we actually had it put in our contract that we would have them - i know, disney normally doesnt gaurantee requests. In our case, so much had been decided based on us having david and vicki, that disney said ok. We had met David and Vicki in April and absolutely loved them!
Well, in June, David & Vicki decided they were leaving Disney Photo to go out on thier own. They called us themselves to let us know before they told disney. David & Vicki, as well as our planner Ken, worked very very very hard to let us keep them as our photographers. When I say that, I mean there was begging, pleading, screaming, escalations etc on our behalf.
In the end, Disney Photo reached an agreement with Ken and David & Vicki. David & Vicki would be "contractors" for the day, so everything still went thru disney photo (payment, pics being uploaded, albums etc). David & Vicki took all the pictures and did all the editing themselves, then gave the finished pics to Disney.
I know that David & Vicki probably didnt get paid from Disney what they would have made if we had booked with them, but they did it anyway. We have gotten to be such good friends with them, and I am so thankful Disney allowed them to be contracted for our wedding.

So there's the long version. I had refrained from saying too much about David and Vicki before our wedding because I didnt want to open a can of worms on here about the whole outside photographer thing.
But now that the wedding is over, I will tell anyone and everyone how freaking awesome they are! :thumbsup2

sillykaren
10-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Our photographers were David and Vicki Arndt. Here is their site:
http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/ (http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/)

Now, I am sure this is going to bring up a ton of questions because we had an event IN the park, but had outside photgraphers technically.
So let me just explain now... kinda long...

David and Vicki used to work for Disney Photo. It was a huge struggle for us when deciding on our locations whether or not we would chance using Disney photo after i had read so many bad things on here. We even talked to Misty Miotto thinking we would go with something outside the park... but in the end location was really important to us, and so Misty (i think) and someone else suggested David & Vicki. So we actually had it put in our contract that we would have them - i know, disney normally doesnt gaurantee requests. In our case, so much had been decided based on us having david and vicki, that disney said ok. We had met David and Vicki in April and absolutely loved them!
Well, in June, David & Vicki decided they were leaving Disney Photo to go out on thier own. They called us themselves to let us know before they told disney. David & Vicki, as well as our planner Ken, worked very very very hard to let us keep them as our photographers. When I say that, I mean there was begging, pleading, screaming, escalations etc on our behalf.
In the end, Disney Photo reached an agreement with Ken and David & Vicki. David & Vicki would be "contractors" for the day, so everything still went thru disney photo (payment, pics being uploaded, albums etc). David & Vicki took all the pictures and did all the editing themselves, then gave the finished pics to Disney.
I know that David & Vicki probably didnt get paid from Disney what they would have made if we had booked with them, but they did it anyway. We have gotten to be such good friends with them, and I am so thankful Disney allowed them to be contracted for our wedding.

So there's the long version. I had refrained from saying too much about David and Vicki before our wedding because I didnt want to open a can of worms on here about the whole outside photographer thing.
But now that the wedding is over, I will tell anyone and everyone how freaking awesome they are! :thumbsup2

I was just about to ask... :thumbsup2 I'm so glad you got to keep them as your photographers!! Your pictures turned out so beautiful! :goodvibes

shippedtosea
10-29-2009, 02:26 PM
hahaha..guess I wasn't awake this morning when I was reading and totally missed that link...:headache: so now I will actually look at the pictures and come back and tell you how pretty they are (which I'm sure they are) sorry i'm a silly!

jspahn
10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
hahaha..guess I wasn't awake this morning when I was reading and totally missed that link...:headache: so now I will actually look at the pictures and come back and tell you how pretty they are (which I'm sure they are) sorry i'm a silly!

lol I couldnt imagine you wanted more photos!! :lmao:

LLLBelle
10-29-2009, 03:58 PM
The pictures are beautiful! They really are fantastic.

SuzeQ
10-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Jennifer,

I love your pictures! We are having David and Vicki Arndt shoot our VR for my parents. I've always loved their work. You look so pretty and happy in everyone of them. Yes, I did look at every single picture.:banana:

When I have time, I'm going to go back and look at them again!:thumbsup2

pezaddict231
10-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Beautiful pics! Now time for a TR! ;)

Pirate's Princess
10-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm so totally jealous that you got your outside photographers, but that's totally awesome for you! I can't wait to see more, especially of the venue. You made a beautiful bride.

jspahn
11-02-2009, 02:12 PM
The pictures are beautiful! They really are fantastic.
We were so pleased with how they came out!!

Jennifer,

I love your pictures! We are having David and Vicki Arndt shoot our VR for my parents. I've always loved their work. You look so pretty and happy in everyone of them. Yes, I did look at every single picture.:banana:

When I have time, I'm going to go back and look at them again!:thumbsup2

LOL I cant believe you went thru them all! We love David and Vicki - they are so much fun too, on top of being great photographers.

Beautiful pics! Now time for a TR! ;)

I know i know... TR will be soon. Work has been super busy since we got back, so I dont have as much time to spend on the DIS as I used to!

I'm so totally jealous that you got your outside photographers, but that's totally awesome for you! I can't wait to see more, especially of the venue. You made a beautiful bride.

The venue we have tons of from our site visit (begining on post 44 of this PJ) - there arent too many of the venue as a whole from the wedding. But you can get the feel from the reception shots how the dance floor worked and such.

jspahn
11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
So... we now have even more pics to share! :)

I've uploaded pictures from the rehearsal, dessert party and theme parks too. All on our wedding website, in the new photos section:

http://www.ourmagicalwedding.com/weddingphotos

AND- we also got money back!!:cool1: Apparently our guests were just not drinking during our brunch! It was a nice surprise to see a credit for $2500 on my credit card!

Boardwalk_bride
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
ohhh, your pics are just sooo amazing!!! I really enjoyed looking at the dessert party ones! I keep feeling that I should not have my rehearsal/welcome dinner in Epcot, and instead save it for the wedding night, but you looked like you had lots of fun, and your pics are still amazing:goodvibes

sillykaren
11-03-2009, 09:16 AM
So... we now have even more pics to share! :)

I've uploaded pictures from the rehearsal, dessert party and theme parks too. All on our wedding website, in the new photos section:

http://www.ourmagicalwedding.com/weddingphotos

AND- we also got money back!!:cool1: Apparently our guests were just not drinking during our brunch! It was a nice surprise to see a credit for $2500 on my credit card!

WOOOHOOOO! That's a huge credit! :banana:

I loved looking at all of your pictures! :love: You didn't do any decorations for your DP did you?

Ann117
11-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I love the pictures everything looks perfect. I am trying to talk my dad into a dessert party for the rehearsal dinner. I am going to show him your pictures to try and talk him into it.

jspahn
11-03-2009, 10:25 AM
ohhh, your pics are just sooo amazing!!! I really enjoyed looking at the dessert party ones! I keep feeling that I should not have my rehearsal/welcome dinner in Epcot, and instead save it for the wedding night, but you looked like you had lots of fun, and your pics are still amazing:goodvibes

We were originally going to do a Dessert Party the night of the wedding, but with such an early start for and Epcot ceremony, that left a huge gap between the end of the reception and the dessert party at night. PLUS this worked out much better - instead of a rehearsal dinner we had a "welcome party" so all the guests could come. it gave us a great chance to mingle with our guests before the wedding.
WOOOHOOOO! That's a huge credit! :banana:

I loved looking at all of your pictures! :love: You didn't do any decorations for your DP did you?

For the dessert party we didnt do anything except votives on the tables - which came out to like $57. We used the standard black table cloths and chairs that were free :thumbsup2

I love the pictures everything looks perfect. I am trying to talk my dad into a dessert party for the rehearsal dinner. I am going to show him your pictures to try and talk him into it.

Thank Ann :) It really did work out better for us - our rehearsal dinner guest list kept growing - to the point where 2/3 of the guest list would be there. So by changing the from a rehearsal dinner to a dessert party, we were able to inlcude everyone. AND it also worked out because we had been doing both rehearsal dinner plus dessert party another night. So we saved a lot of $ by combining it.

princess22
11-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Jennifer your pictures are gorgeous! You looked beautiful. I can't wait for the trip report!

Pirate's Princess
11-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Are those pictures the professional ones, or from guests?

jspahn
11-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Are those pictures the professional ones, or from guests?

which ones? the ones on our website are a mix.
Anything that is on the getting ready, ceremony, reception, bride &groom, or bridal party/family albums are all professional.

Dessert party was taken by friends, who happen to be photographers. Theme Parks and character pics are a mix of photpass and our own camera.

"jacks pics" and the rehearsal were taken by my uncle jack ;)

Hope that helps!

jspahn
11-04-2009, 10:04 AM
Jennifer your pictures are gorgeous! You looked beautiful. I can't wait for the trip report!

Thanks Stacey. I think I might start it now - slow day at work :)
I need to write up my vendor reviews in a word doc before i post - so i can really think about it. I'll go work on it!

SuzeQ
11-04-2009, 10:56 AM
I love all your pictures, your location, your dress, your hair, Brandon's tux.
You have so many different locations in your professional photos the day of your wedding. You did the Boardwalk, Japan, Morocco, UK, and got married in
France. That all had to be a dream come true.

I can hardly wait to read the vendor reviews.
:woohoo:

jspahn
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
I love all your pictures, your location, your dress, your hair, Brandon's tux.
You have so many different locations in your professional photos the day of your wedding. You did the Boardwalk, Japan, Morocco, UK, and got married in
France. That all had to be a dream come true.

I can hardly wait to read the vendor reviews.
:woohoo:

Thanks SuzeQ! We love that we got to have photos in so many places!

I started my TR - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2323605

See you there!

mermaidprincess0402
12-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Can you pretty please PM me and tell me where you got your cake topper? I am a big Ariel fan too and would love to have one similar to yours! Thanks!