PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

mommaU4
04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
*This is a thread for members (past and present) of the DIS Girls Only Disneyland trips.* :)

Hi ladies!
In an effort to further our friendships and keep up excitement for the trips, we have decided to do a group exchange! We actually will be doing three total; the first will be a "Summertime" theme, next some time in September we will do a Halloween theme, and finally in November a Christmas stocking theme, all leading up to the final exchange taking place at the Meet and Greet during the February trip (that theme to be determined).

Some of you are familiar with the exchanges done on the Exchange board of the DIS. If you are not, I will take a moment to explain it to you.

First off, it's entirely voluntary. Just a fun thing for those interested. For each exchange there is a minimum dollar amount that you must spend, which does not include shipping.

Once sign ups are complete each lady who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from. Then the fun begins! Simply go shopping for items to send that fall within each particular theme, mail it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive.

Each exchange takes approximately a month to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). Make sure you won't be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times. Remember to post on the thread when you ship your package out. Also post when and what, you receive your package.

~ Important information ~ Sign-ups will run now through Wed. April 22. Names will go out in PMs later on the 22nd, so please be available to check your messages that day.

Mail by date is Wed. April 29. PLEASE mail on time. If you cannot for some reason, please PM me and let me know.

Minimum dollar amount is $20. That does NOT include shipping costs, OR any freebies or extras should you choose to include those in the package.

OKay so here is the info for our first theme: (sign-ups are closed!!)

SUMMERTIME!!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/linnellL/Smileys/Other%20Smileys/beach.gif
IF you are interested in joining, please PM me with the following information:

Name ~
Address ~
Email address ~
Are you able to be an elf if needed? Yes or No
Are you able to ship to Canada? Yes or No

What are your hobbies?
What summer activities do you like to do?
Do you like to cook/bake?
Favorite Disney character?
Any food allergies?
Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?
*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you.
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/SVT-GT500/smileys/beachsmiley.gif

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I will happily answer them for you. http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/Tinkerbell0179/Smileys/Beach.jpg

kelmac284
04-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Oh man I would LOVE to participate in this but having JUST got home from my trip I am flat broke. I am DEF in on the next one though!!

Queenbillabong
04-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Beth, I am in. Will send PM...... :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Oh man I would LOVE to participate in this but having JUST got home from my trip I am flat broke. I am DEF in on the next one though!!Aww, darn. We'll miss you, but I understand.
Look for the next one to start sign ups in mid September for a Halloween theme. :thumbsup2

Beth, I am in. Will send PM...... :thumbsup2Great!

Three sign-ups have already come in. :dance3:

mommaU4
04-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Just a reminder, when you send your PM double check your address. We don't want any packages going astray. Thanks! :thumbsup2

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Sounds like fun Beth! I'm really thinking about it. Great idea!

Heather

pixiewings71
04-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Beth, I would love to do this...BUT, what if I can't make the next Dis Diva trip? I"m not sure I can because I'm not sure we can get new APs, if we can't then I will only be planning a trip with the fam......

mommaU4
04-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Beth, I would love to do this...BUT, what if I can't make the next Dis Diva trip? I"m not sure I can because I'm not sure we can get new APs, if we can't then I will only be planning a trip with the fam......
Hang on, let me send you a PM. :thumbsup2

stacielee
04-15-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm in. Sending PM.

VintageDisneyRules
04-15-2009, 11:35 PM
*This is a thread for members (past and present) of the DIS Girls Only Disneyland trips.* :)

Hi ladies!
In an effort to further our friendships and keep up excitement for the trips, we have decided to do a group exchange! We actually will be doing three total; the first will be a "Summertime" theme, next some time in September we will do a Halloween theme, and finally in November a Christmas stocking theme, all leading up to the final exchange taking place at the Meet and Greet during the February trip (that theme to be determined).

Some of you are familiar with the exchanges done on the Exchange board of the DIS. If you are not, I will take a moment to explain it to you.

First off, it's entirely voluntary. Just a fun thing for those interested. For each exchange there is a minimum dollar amount that you must spend, which does not include shipping.

Once sign ups are complete each lady who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from. Then the fun begins! Simply go shopping for items to send that fall within each particular theme, mail it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive.

Each exchange takes approximately a month to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). Make sure you won't be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times. Remember to post on the thread when you ship your package out. Also post when and what, you receive your package.

~ Important information ~ Sign-ups will run now through Wed. April 22. Names will go out in PMs later on the 22nd, so please be available to check your messages that day.

Mail by date is Wed. April 29. PLEASE mail on time. If you cannot for some reason, please PM me and let me know.

Minimum dollar amount is $20. That does NOT include shipping costs, OR any freebies or extras should you choose to include those in the package.

OKay so here is the info for our first theme:

SUMMERTIME!!
http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg153/linnellL/Smileys/Other%20Smileys/beach.gif
IF you are interested in joining, please PM me with the following information:

Name ~
Address ~
Email address ~
Are you able to be an elf if needed? Yes or No
Are you able to ship to Canada? Yes or No

What are your hobbies?
What summer activities do you like to do?
Do you like to cook/bake?
Favorite Disney character?
Any food allergies?
Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?
*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you.
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt84/SVT-GT500/smileys/beachsmiley.gif

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I will happily answer them for you. http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/Tinkerbell0179/Smileys/Beach.jpg

I'll be in on the Halloween exchange. It's my favorite holiday.:hmghost:

jordansmomma
04-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Cool!
I will send you a PM soon!

fairykin
04-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Oooohhh Thank You Beth for organizing this.. I appreciate the time You have put into this and all the things you so graciously do for the girls only group:hug:

I am soooooooooOOOOooooo *In*!:yay:

mommaU4
04-16-2009, 12:58 AM
I'll be in on the Halloween exchange. It's my favorite holiday.:hmghost:Mine too! I dare say I like Halloween even more than Christmas. :rolleyes1

Oooohhh Thank You Beth for organizing this.. I appreciate the time You have put into this and all the things you so graciously do for the girls only group:hug:

My pleasure. :goodvibes

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
I'm in! WoooHooo! :cool1:

MamaKate
04-16-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm in :yay:.

pixiewings71
04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Thanks Beth, I'm so in............I need to PM you with the info you need! :)

mommaU4
04-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Glad to see so many ladies on board already. :banana: (12 signed up so far!!)

For those of you who've asked what an elf is in your PMs, I'm sorry I forgot to clarify that and will now.

An elf is what we call it when you are willing to send out another package if need be. Occasionally someone will sign up for an exchange and then for one reason or another not send out their package.
Obviously we don't want anyone to be excluded and not receive something, so in that instance we'd ask one of the ladies who volunteered to be an elf to send something out. If there are no elves then it is the responsibility of the host to send something out, but rest assured no one will ever go without a package. :thumbsup2

Hope that helps. :)

mommaU4
04-16-2009, 02:52 PM
One more word of caution that I'd like to mention.

I know you ladies all love to shop. :rolleyes1 And there is a $20 minimum that everyone is expected to spend on their package. Beyond that, it is up to each person if they want to include extras or freebies for their person. It is not required.

All I ask is that if you do include some extras please keep it simple. I know it's easy to get caught up in the shopping. I've done it myself. ;)
BUT the purpose of this exchange is to have fun! The last thing we want is at the end to have someone feeling as though they didn't send out a "good enough" exchange. kwim? It's not a competition, just a fun way to keep in touch.

Thank you. :)

grizbuzz
04-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm in! :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-17-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm in! :thumbsup2Awesome, just PM me with the sign up info and you are good to go! :cool1:

We are now up to 14 ladies, and still have plenty of time left to sign up so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting a least a few more. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I know it's still chilly where some of you ladies live, but thinking warm, summery thoughts and shopping for this exchange should help you get in a summertime mood.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/fgfgfg.jpg

And if that doesn't get you in the mood, just try imagining these guys waiting to cool of in the pool with you. That does it for me! ;)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/cabana%20boys/ef9f8f93.jpg

toocherie
04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
I know it's still chilly where some of you ladies live, but thinking warm, summery thoughts and shopping for this exchange should help you get in a summertime mood.

And if that doesn't get you in the mood, just try imagining these guys waiting to cool of in the pool with you. That does it for me! ;)

I'll take the one on the right!

jordansmomma
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM

It's raining here. Snowing in Denver for my friend, poor girl.
I will take the guy with the tats on the arm...:lovestruc

toocherie
04-17-2009, 02:34 PM

poor Fabio in the middle--no one wants him!

grizbuzz
04-17-2009, 03:02 PM

If you give him a new face and haircut, I'll take him.

mommaU4
04-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh no, he's dreamy just the way he is. I'm not normally a fan of the pretty boys, but we saw him last night and all agreed he's got it going on. Stacie, good friend that she is, took a pic of me and him together and I can't wait to see it. :yay:

I'll happily take him, or all three. :rolleyes1

jordansmomma
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM

I prefer my hair to be longer than his.

I bet he cleans up nicely!!

Queenbillabong
04-17-2009, 04:47 PM

Darn you - I was going to call dibs on the cutie on the left :lovestruc

mechurchlady
04-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I will take Fabio, isn't that what they invented the light switch for? Lights out or paper bag, either way I will take him.

pixiewings71
04-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Can't I just have all 3? LOL Oh wait, my sweetie might get jealous, I'll have to find some hotties for him. LOL Love that sea theme photo, I had to steal that one. Hope you don't mind. :)

mommaU4
04-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Can't I just have all 3? LOL Oh wait, my sweetie might get jealous, I'll have to find some hotties for him. LOL Love that sea theme photo, I had to steal that one. Hope you don't mind. :)

Not at all. It was just something I found online. :)

prettyprincessbelle
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Beth, I'm sending you a PM. :)

Boo Bear
04-19-2009, 01:14 PM

:rotfl2: I was just thinking, "who has hair like that after the 90s?!" wannabe Fabio! Some people pull it off though.

mommaU4
04-19-2009, 01:22 PM
:rotfl2: I was just thinking, "who has hair like that after the 90s?!" wannabe Fabio! Some people pull it off though.
Hey! You meanie ladies quit picking on my Fabio!! :mad:

;) :rotfl2:

Trust me, in person, he pulls it off, especially when he takes it off. :smokin:

VintageDisneyRules
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey! You meanie ladies quit picking on my Fabio!! :mad:

;) :rotfl2:

Trust me, in person, he pulls it off, especially when he takes it off. :smokin:

And you keep saying you're the innocent one huh??:rolleyes1

mommaU4
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
So far I have signed up:
Dawn
Katie
Steph
AmySue
Beth
Stacielee
Heather
Jane
Debra
Cheryl
Theresa
Kerri
Mary Jo
Courtney
Vicki
Bridgette

If your name is not on this list then for some reason I have not yet received a PM from you. There is still time though!
Sign ups will run through noon on Wed. 4/22, and names will go out shortly there after. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Compared to Miss Amy we are ALL innocent. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

(Oh man, if she's sees that I'm in trouble.... LOL
If you're reading this, you know I love you Amy!!)

mommaU4
04-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Pictures of me and the gals with "Mr. Fabio" from Thursday night at Chippendales. I think we all agreed he was pretty dreamy. ;)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/Vegas%20stuff/mmmmm-1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/Vegas%20stuff/documents-1.jpg

toocherie
04-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Yeah, right. Innocent. Uh huh.

Compared to Miss Amy we are ALL innocent. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

(Oh man, if she's sees that I'm in trouble.... LOL
If you're reading this, you know I love you Amy!!)

Just make sure you differentiate between Amy the Wild Child and Amysue who I'm sure would be mortified !!!!:scared1:

Oh, and Fabio-guy looks better with his hair pulled back.

Boo Bear
04-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Pictures of me and the gals with "Mr. Fabio" from Thursday night at Chippendales. I think we all agreed he was pretty dreamy. ;)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/Vegas%20stuff/mmmmm-1.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/mommaU4/Vegas%20stuff/documents-1.jpg

He's much better looking in those photos than he was in the pool one IMO. You look very pretty in those pics too!

mommaU4
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Just make sure you differentiate between Amy the Wild Child and Amysue who I'm sure would be mortified !!!!:scared1:

Oh, and Fabio-guy looks better with his hair pulled back.Oh yeah, poor AmySue, lol, and she's not even here to defend herself. :rotfl:
Although, I don't know. I'd like to see what AmySue would do at a Chippendales show. I didn't know Amy had it in her, so you never know. :rolleyes1

He's much better looking in those photos than he was in the pool one IMO. You look very pretty in those pics too!
Awww, thanks. :flower3: And in person, he was much nicer looking. Nice voice too.

Stacerita
04-19-2009, 09:46 PM
Ok, I'm in. PM sent!

Nice. I will take the one with the tats. Nice!

Queenbillabong
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
Ok, I'm in. PM sent!

Sorry, I called dibs!

Stacerita
04-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Sorry, I called dibs!

What if I said......Tap tap, I called it. And actually had my hands on said item? I believe I did on Thursday. ;)

Queenbillabong
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
What if I said......Tap tap, I called it. And actually had my hands on said item? I believe I did on Thursday. ;)

Then I'd say you already had your turn!!! Give a girl a break :rolleyes1

jordansmomma
04-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok, I'm in. PM sent!

Sorry, I called dibs!

Hey I already called dibs on the tat guy...

Tats are soooo HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Queenbillabong
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM

I was hoping you forgot you were first...... Bummer.

Stacerita
04-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Then I'd say you already had your turn!!! Give a girl a break :rolleyes1

Fine, I will just find another one then.

You are gonna have to box Theresa for that one.

Boo Bear
04-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Should I wait to start shopping until I get my person's info?

Queenbillabong
04-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Should I wait to start shopping until I get my person's info?

It's usually best - in case you are getting things like, oh, say FLIP-FLOPS :love:, which would be size dependent. I usually get a couple of generic things that fit the theme, then add something specific for my exchange buddy :thumbsup2

If anyone wants to send me the guy with the awesome tattoo - just give me a heads up and I'll let you know when DH will be out of town :rolleyes1

grumpyvet
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Yeah, right. Innocent. Uh huh.

Is it that obvious that I am conservative, liberal in my politics, but conservative for myself? Bummer. I want people to think I am wild. Is it because I am from OHIO??? Or because I am old?

AmySue

Queenbillabong
04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Is it that obvious that I am conservative, liberal in my politics, but conservative for myself? Bummer. I want people to think I am wild. Is it because I am from OHIO??? Or because I am old?

AmySue

I think you're wild :banana:

mommaU4
04-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Should I wait to start shopping until I get my person's info?You can pick up a few things if you want, but it will be easier once you have all their info, likes, any allergies, etc.

It's usually best - in case you are getting things like, oh, say FLIP-FLOPS :love:, which would be size dependent. I usually get a couple of generic things that fit the theme, then add something specific for my exchange buddy :thumbsup2

Exactly.

AmySueI think you are wild, but we should test it to find out for sure. Planning any Vegas trips anytime soon? :banana: ;)

grumpyvet
04-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I think you're wild :banana:

Thanks!!! I feel wild.

I think you are wild, but we should test it to find out for sure. Planning any Vegas trips anytime soon? :banana: ;)

Hey, I could work your stripper class, but no, no plans for a trip.

I've only been to Vegas once...to get married, with Elvis, at, you got it, The Graceland Wedding Chapel!!!!

mommaU4
04-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I've only been to Vegas once...to get married, with Elvis, at, you got it, The Graceland Wedding Chapel!!!!

That's right. I remember now. And I also remember us telling you it was time to come back. :rolleyes1

pixiewings71
04-20-2009, 01:46 PM
So Beth, when you give us our names do we all post here with a list of likes/dislikes so our matches have an idea of what to get us and we have an idea of what to get them? Or is this not a secret thing? lol We used to do "Secret Mom's" on another board, that's why I ask. I don't remember seeing if this was a secret thing or just a make a new friend thing. Of course I could go back and read the OP....LOL

CaliforniaDreamer
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Hi all! I may now be doing this too, gotta talk to Beth. Pixiewings, that form that you fill out about your likes will go to the person who is assigned you. So your thinking is right, the person will know what you like...

I think that's so cool.:cheer2:

BillyFan
04-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok, I'm in. Beth, I sent you the PM.

Queenbillabong
04-20-2009, 02:15 PM
So Beth, when you give us our names do we all post here with a list of likes/dislikes so our matches have an idea of what to get us and we have an idea of what to get them? Or is this not a secret thing? lol We used to do "Secret Mom's" on another board, that's why I ask. I don't remember seeing if this was a secret thing or just a make a new friend thing. Of course I could go back and read the OP....LOL

Usually you PM the organizer and tell them any specific likes/dislikes, allergies (in case you get food items), t-shirt size, shoe size (for flip-flops :thumbsup2) and such. Your exchange buddy gets that list and then when you get your package, you post all the goodies that you got!

Exchanges are fun (a bit addicting :scared:), but this is a great group to do one (or more!) with for sure.

pixiewings71
04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi all! I may now be doing this too, gotta talk to Beth. Pixiewings, that form that you fill out about your likes will go to the person who is assigned you. So your thinking is right, the person will know what you like...

I think that's so cool.:cheer2:

Well it's definitely a Monday. LOL I totally forgot about that form, I'm such a dork. LOL Thanks! You'd think I've never done a board swap before..... :rotfl:

CaliforniaDreamer
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Well it's definitely a Monday. LOL I totally forgot about that form, I'm such a dork. LOL Thanks! You'd think I've never done a board swap before..... :rotfl:

It's okay! I've actually never done one before. Should be fun.

toocherie
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM

AmySue

you think YOU'RE old????????

mommaU4
04-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Ok, I'm in. Beth, I sent you the PM.Got it. :thumbsup2

Well it's definitely a Monday. LOL I totally forgot about that form, I'm such a dork. LOL Thanks! You'd think I've never done a board swap before..... :rotfl:I see your question was answered.

It's okay! I've actually never done one before. Should be fun.It is fun. :cool1:

pixiewings71
04-20-2009, 06:09 PM
It's okay! I've actually never done one before. Should be fun.

They are fun!!! A lot of fun! :)

Thanks Beth for making sure my lamo question was answered. LOL I guess my brain is already in DL, even tho we don't leave until Saturday early morning. :lmao::thumbsup2

fairykin
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm having so much fun working on my treasure box!
I told my mom about it and she wants to do the oct and dec exchange!

I really need to sign her up to Disboards.

grumpyvet
04-21-2009, 03:04 AM
you think YOU'RE old????????

Wow, I feel all lawyer voiced!! Yep, getting older all the time, not all that far behind you little missy. I just got the invite to my 20th reunion. Not to high school, not even undergrad...we are talking VET school.

Old old old old!!!

How are you?

Boo Bear
04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
I swear I read something about totes. Are those a requirement? If so I'll go pick out my tote!

mommaU4
04-21-2009, 11:18 AM
They are fun!!! A lot of fun! :)

Thanks Beth for making sure my lamo question was answered. LOL I guess my brain is already in DL, even tho we don't leave until Saturday early morning. :lmao::thumbsup2No problem. And I don't blame you. ;)

I'm having so much fun working on my treasure box!
I told my mom about it and she wants to do the oct and dec exchange!

I really need to sign her up to Disboards.That would be great. :)

I swear I read something about totes. Are those a requirement? If so I'll go pick out my tote!
No totes are needed for this exchange unless perhaps you want to send your person a summery beach tote or something. I think you might have been reading about an exchange we did on the ladies trip during our first night meet and greet party. That was a tote exchange. :)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Beth, sent in my exchange form last night. :cool2:

sahbushka
04-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Oh man I would LOVE to participate in this but having JUST got home from my trip I am flat broke. I am DEF in on the next one though!!

I am with Kelly on this one! Would LOVE to do this, especially since summertime is one of my fav's, but am completely broke right now...even had to make a pact with DH not to spend any money on something that wasn't a necessity...and everything we own is braking right now...couch, desk chair, husbands new cars windshield, blinds, etc. I am so in on the next one though!

Sarah

mommaU4
04-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Beth, sent in my exchange form last night. :cool2:Got it. :thumbsup2

I am with Kelly on this one! Would LOVE to do this, especially since summertime is one of my fav's, but am completely broke right now...even had to make a pact with DH not to spend any money on something that wasn't a necessity...and everything we own is braking right now...couch, desk chair, husbands new cars windshield, blinds, etc. I am so in on the next one though!

SarahOK, we'll look for you on the Halloween one then. :goodvibes

Queenbillabong
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Is it almost time yet :hyper: :hyper:

mommaU4
04-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Is it almost time yet :hyper: :hyper:
Almost!!

Just a reminder, sign ups close today at noon! Names will go out sometime after that so keep an eye out for your PM. :wizard:

pixiewings71
04-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Woo Hoo, it's 11:36 and I'm waiting.....LOL

toocherie
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Woo Hoo, it's 11:36 and I'm waiting.....LOL

LOL--me too! I'd better run out and get lunch first!

cccdisney
04-22-2009, 02:44 PM
I am in! Almost forgot about the noon deadline!:eek:
Beth, I am sending you a pm right now!:thumbsup2

CaliforniaDreamer
04-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Guess I should hang here a bit and see then.:upsidedow

mommaU4
04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
:lmao: Y'all can really live your lives, no need to hang out by the computer. Unless that is your life like me. :rotfl2:

Wait, that's not funny. :rolleyes:

;)

SIGN-UPS FOR THIS EXCHANGE ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED. THANKS TO ALL WHO SIGNED UP. :)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Well, I do have things to do! :lmao:

pixiewings71
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
I don't....lol I sit on my bootay in front of a computer all day long.....that's why I stop by here, may as well have fun and work at the same time. :)

toocherie
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
yeah, no pressure here Beth.

(It's 12:46 . . . . . .)

jordansmomma
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't....lol I sit on my bootay in front of a computer all day long.....that's why I stop by here, may as well have fun and work at the same time. :)

That's what I am sayin! I get paid good money to work & dis all day!

prettyprincessbelle
04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
That's what I am sayin! I get paid good money to work & dis all day!

Same here!! :surfweb:

shh. Don't tell the boss!

mommaU4
04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I want a job like you guys have when I grow up. :thumbsup2

Okay, ALL names are out!! Check your PMs if you haven't already. :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

If you have any questions either ask here or in a PM. Thanks, and happy shopping!!!! :banana:

jordansmomma
04-22-2009, 04:56 PM

I won't tell if you don't.....

I want a job like you guys have when I grow up. :thumbsup2

Okay, ALL names are out!! Check your PMs if you haven't already. :cool1: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

If you have any questions either ask here or in a PM. Thanks, and happy shopping!!!! :banana:

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got my name woohoo...I got my name woohoo....

Now I getta go shoppin!!!!!!

toocherie
04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
re: don't tell the boss.

What do you do when you ARE the boss???????:rotfl2:

I got my name--whoo hoo!

shop city at DL this weekend.

Hey Dawn--shall we go hit the AP 25% sale at World of Disney after you get here on Fri???????

cccdisney
04-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks Beth :thumbsup2
Shopping time!!! :cool1:

prettyprincessbelle
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I won't tell if you don't.....

re: don't tell the boss.

What do you do when you ARE the boss???????:rotfl2:

Yeah, no fair! :lmao:

I got my name! Shopping after work!

Is there a date that these need to be mailed by?

ETA: Oh duh. Found it! :)

Queenbillabong
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Got my name - time for some FUN :woohoo:

Queenbillabong
04-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah, no fair! :lmao:

I got my name! Shopping after work!

Is there a date that these need to be mailed by?

Mail by date is April 29.................

wendylady36
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Hey Dawn--shall we go hit the AP 25% sale at World of Disney after you get here on Fri???????

:sad1: I wish I could go too.

In happier news: I got a name too! :banana: The ideas are whirling around in my head, I can't wait to go shopping! :woohoo:

pixiewings71
04-22-2009, 06:10 PM

Exactly....altho his office is behind my desk so he could probably see me if he looked. LOL

:sad1: I wish I could go too.

In happier news: I got a name too! :banana: The ideas are whirling around in my head, I can't wait to go shopping! :woohoo:

Wait, what 25% off AP thing at WoD....how come I haven't heard of this? I'll be there this weekend...not Friday but Sat & Sun......

I have a name too!!! woo hoo and a nice little list of things to look for this weekend! YAY!!!!

prettyprincessbelle
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Exactly....altho his office is behind my desk so he could probably see me if he looked. LOL

Wait, what 25% off AP thing at WoD....how come I haven't heard of this? I'll be there this weekend...not Friday but Sat & Sun......

I have a name too!!! woo hoo and a nice little list of things to look for this weekend! YAY!!!!

Lol, everytime I hear someone coming I minimize my screen! :laughing:

It's AP appreciation days! Check the AP website because I don't know the deets!

toocherie
04-22-2009, 06:30 PM

I think it goes through April 25th--

mommaU4
04-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey ladies,

Just a few more quick notes. As you can see by the title this is now the sent/received thread for the exchange.
Meaning when you send out your package, PLEASE post on here that you did so. Just a quick, "My package is on it's way!" post is all that's needed. That will allow me to keep track of who has mailed and who has not.

The mail by date is April 29 but if you finish shopping earlier by all means, feel free to send it out sooner.

Finally, when you receive your package in the mail, also post on here so that the person who sent it to you will know it arrived. We also like to hear what was sent so post that as well.

For example you could say:
I got my package today from So-and-So! Thank you. It included a:
beach ball
flip flops
beach towel
Chippendale dancer
some candy
and a stuffed Mickey.

LOL Ok, so not exactly like that, but you know what I mean. I found it's handy to send your person a packing list so they can use that as reference when posting. Hope all that helps.

Looking forward to a wonderful exchange. :goodvibes

Boo Bear
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Hey ladies,

Just a few more quick notes. As you can see by the title this is now the sent/received thread for the exchange.
Meaning when you send out your package, PLEASE post on here that you did so. Just a quick, "My package is on it's way!" post is all that's needed. That will allow me to keep track of who has mailed and who has not.

The mail by date is April 29 but if you finish shopping earlier by all means, feel free to send it out sooner.

Finally, when you receive your package in the mail, also post on here so that the person who sent it to you will know it arrived. We also like to hear what was sent so post that as well.

beach ball
flip flops
beach towel
Chippendale dancer
some candy
and a stuffed Mickey.

LOL Ok, so not exactly like that, but you know what I mean. I found it's handy to send your person a packing list so they can use that as reference when posting. Hope all that helps.

Thanks! I love it!

prettyprincessbelle
04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
beach ball
flip flops
beach towel
Chippendale dancer
some candy
and a stuffed Mickey.
[/I][/B]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh oh!!! I would love a Chippendale to come in the mail!!

:woohoo:

Stacerita
04-22-2009, 07:50 PM

Ive heard that there are some that will do that. I'm just saying.

I got my person's name and I am so excited. I don't know how I am gonna narrow down what I am gonna get. My person totally rocks too!

prettyprincessbelle
04-22-2009, 09:16 PM
Ive heard that there are some that will do that. I'm just saying.

We should have them delivered to our hotel on the trip.....

:idea:

And they can bring food too. That would make it double awesome.

Stacerita
04-22-2009, 09:18 PM

Not saying his is Chippendale material.....but DBF would do it in a heartbeat. As long as we promise LPFs and pics of that.

jordansmomma
04-22-2009, 10:01 PM

That would be!!

Not saying his is Chippendale material.....but DBF would do it in a heartbeat. As long as we promise LPFs and pics of that.

You have a great DBF!!

Stacerita
04-22-2009, 10:09 PM
You have a great DBF!!

Yeah, I do. :love:

cccdisney
04-23-2009, 12:53 AM
I bought the first item of my gift tonight! :cool1: I am so excited!:)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-23-2009, 02:25 AM

Now all of our exchange packages will be just a little disappointing...

:lmao::rotfl:

mommaU4
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I bought the first item of my gift tonight! :cool1: I am so excited!:):cool1:

:lmao:

Boo Bear
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
:rotfl2:Now all of our exchange packages will be just a little disappointing...

grizbuzz
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey ladies,

beach ball
flip flops
beach towel
Chippendale dancer
some candy
and a stuffed Mickey.

What's the postage cost on a Chippendale dancer?

prettyprincessbelle
04-23-2009, 03:48 PM

:cool1: What a sweetheart!!

:lmao: :rotfl:

Expensive I'm guessing. I have a postage scale here at work, call one over and I'll weigh him. :yay:

pixiewings71
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM

It's AP appreciation days! Check the AP website because I don't know the deets!

Thanks I will!!! :) And I to do the screen thing and I have my screen normally shrunk so it's not as big anyway. LOL

:rotfl: I dunno but DBF might get angry if I get one in the exchange. LOL

mommaU4
04-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Expensive I'm guessing. I have a postage scale here at work, call one over and I'll weigh him. :yay::rotfl2:

:rotfl: I dunno but DBF might get angry if I get one in the exchange. LOL
Open it when he's not home and hide him quick. :rolleyes1

OKay, all but one of the names have been picked up. Remember to check your PMs so I know they were read. Thanks. :thumbsup2

DizNee Luver
04-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Dang....always a day late & a dollar short........ oh well...next time around!!

prettyprincessbelle
04-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Next time next time! :hug:

I did a little shopping last night. I will do more after work.

:banana:

The banana is happy I went shopping!

pixiewings71
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
:rotfl2:

Open it when he's not home and hide him quick. :rolleyes1

OKay, all but one of the names have been picked up. Remember to check your PMs so I know they were read. Thanks. :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

CoMickey
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM

This is funny reading this because when I worked in the office I used to do the same thing! For a while we had our own offices with real doors that we could shut but then we moved to a cubicle office...:mad:and I'd always have to minimize the screen so I can imagine you two doing it! ;)

mommaU4
04-23-2009, 07:55 PM

Aww Laurie, I'm sorry we missed you on this one. The Halloween and Christmas stocking one will be tons of fun too though, so keep an eye out for those. (Halloween sign-ups will start in mid Sept.)

DizNee Luver
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Will Do!!!! Just remember to poke me........

Boo Bear
04-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Aww Laurie, I'm sorry we missed you on this one. The Halloween and Christmas stocking one will be tons of fun too though, so keep an eye out for those. (Halloween sign-ups will start in mid Sept.)

Beth, if it's okay with you and everyone else, I'd love to do a separate exchange with Laurie if she wants to. Laurie, do you want to do a summer exchange with me? I'd love to shop extra! I'll PM you :upsidedow

toocherie
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Depends on how big he is.

Stacerita
04-23-2009, 08:57 PM

I won't even say what I am thinking. :banana:

toocherie
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I won't even say what I am thinking. :banana:

You said it--not me~

Stacerita
04-23-2009, 09:05 PM
You said it--not me~

You actually said it. I just giggled at what you said.

prettyprincessbelle
04-23-2009, 09:15 PM
:rotfl:

toocherie
04-23-2009, 09:19 PM
You actually said it. I just giggled at what you said.

Yeah--but I was thinking it when I said it!!!!!:lmao:

Stacerita
04-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Yeah--but I was thinking it when I said it!!!!!:lmao:

Naughty naughty :eek:

DizNee Luver
04-23-2009, 09:23 PM
popcorn:: anyone else need some???? :rotfl:

pixiewings71
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM

Yes please! I love popcorn! :) Especially with butter and Kraft Mac N Cheese cheese on it. LOL Yes, I open the boxes of Mac N Cheese and use that cheese on my popcorn....lol And yes, it covers more than 1 package of popcorn! lol

DizNee Luver
04-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Yes please! I love popcorn! :) Especially with butter and Kraft Mac N Cheese cheese on it. LOL Yes, I open the boxes of Mac N Cheese and use that cheese on my popcorn....lol And yes, it covers more than 1 package of popcorn! lol

:scratchin Well that's different....... not knocking it...might be worth a try!!

VintageDisneyRules
04-23-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm hooked on movie popcorn, extra butter or what ever that stuff is. Sometimes I'll go in the lobby just to bring a large popcorn home.

toocherie
04-24-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm hooked on movie popcorn, extra butter or what ever that stuff is. Sometimes I'll go in the lobby just to bring a large popcorn home.

I've been known to buy a bucket of Disney popcorn on my way out of the park. I even brought some home from Florida.

grumpyvet
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Okay, so I don't really have anything to add about popcorn other than have you tried orvilles naturals garlic and salt microwave popcorn? Good.

I just wanted to interupt to say that I am done shopping for my summer exchange and I want to keep the stuff. I think maybe I should have bought two of all of it!!

Uh oh!!

AmySue

Stacerita
04-24-2009, 12:36 AM
I just got some awesome news. Someone is giving me two tickets to company D. :cool1: Can't wait to do some shopping there for my person.

toocherie
04-24-2009, 12:38 AM
I just got some awesome news. Someone is giving me two tickets to company D. :cool1: Can't wait to do some shopping there for my person.

that is awesome Stacie! I've gone a couple of times and it is really fun--it's good to have two people go because they don't have carts, so one person can watch stuff while the other shops.

grumpyvet
04-24-2009, 12:56 AM

I'm available!!!! I'm just saying!!! I'm strong, I can carry stuff!!!!

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm hooked on movie popcorn, extra butter or what ever that stuff is. Sometimes I'll go in the lobby just to bring a large popcorn home.Me too! Our theater gives free refills on the large, so we always get that, eat it, then refill it on the way out to take home. :thumbsup2

Okay, so I don't really have anything to add about popcorn other than have you tried orvilles naturals garlic and salt microwave popcorn? Good.

I just wanted to interupt to say that I am done shopping for my summer exchange and I want to keep the stuff. I think maybe I should have bought two of all of it!!

Uh oh!!

AmySue:rotfl2: Next time I'll assign you to send to yourself.
That popcorn sounds good.

Bridgett and Laurie, did y'all decide what you wanna do? Just let me know.

As for shopping, for some reason I am having a hard time with my person. Not that she doesn't rock, or is difficult, I just seem to be stumped right now. :confused:

grumpyvet
04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=mommaU4;31497269]

:rotfl2: Next time I'll assign you to send to yourself.
[QUOTE]

Hey, great idea!! Wait, would you consider that narcisstic?

Hmmmmmm....

Stacerita
04-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Me too! Our theater gives free refills on the large, so we always get that, eat it, then refill it on the way out to take home. :thumbsup2

Never thought to do that. Thanks for the tip.

DizNee Luver
04-24-2009, 01:16 AM
I think we're going to do it..... but I haven't heard back from Bridgette..... probably know in the morning..........

I didn't mean to cause confusion....... :dance3:

stacielee
04-24-2009, 02:17 AM

See, I knew you were naughty.

And it also depends on how much clothing he is wearing... the less, the cheaper.

CaliforniaDreamer
04-24-2009, 02:49 AM
I've been known to buy a bucket of Disney popcorn on my way out of the park. I even brought some home from Florida.

That is my DL must-do! Gotta get it at the circle.

Wow! I have only heard of Company D. Where is it? Can any cast member get a person tickets?

As for shopping, for some reason I am having a hard time with my person. Not that she doesn't rock, or is difficult, I just seem to be stumped right now. :confused:

I am also stumped because there is so much I could get her. I understand what she likes - it's sort of a matter of I could get her one really nice thing (hoping she doesn't have it or could return it) or lots of smaller things...:confused3

(Thanks Beth, for explaining that radio coupon thing to me)

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 11:02 AM

Hmmmmmm....Not at all. Just knowing a good thing when you see it. ;)

I think we're going to do it..... but I haven't heard back from Bridgette..... probably know in the morning..........

I didn't mean to cause confusion....... :dance3:No worries! If there is a way we can fit you in then I'd be happy to! :thumbsup2

(Thanks Beth, for explaining that radio coupon thing to me)
No problem.

Morning exchangers!! I hope you all have a good day and a great shopping weekend. :banana:

VintageDisneyRules
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I"M watching Good Day L.A. this morning and they talked about the CA Food and Wine Festival, they showed clips from last year and I saw 2 Dis ladies ! wearing the brown T-shirts, of course I have no idea who they were but it was exciting to see them !

CaliforniaDreamer
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I"M watching Good Day L.A. this morning and they talked about the CA Food and Wine Festival, they showed clips from last year and I saw 2 Dis ladies ! wearing the brown T-shirts, of course I have no idea who they were but it was exciting to see them !

That is so cool!

Queenbillabong
04-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Me too! Our theater gives free refills on the large, so we always get that, eat it, then refill it on the way out to take home. :thumbsup2

Ours does too! We always get that and share it (unlimited refills :thumbsup2) Next time I'm getting some to take home popcorn::

Hmmmmmm....

Not at all ;)

See, I knew you were naughty.

And it also depends on how much clothing he is wearing... the less, the cheaper.

Good thinking :thumbsup2

stacielee
04-24-2009, 12:45 PM

That was probably Lynn and Steph! Cool!! http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cool1.gif

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM

No way!! How awesome is that. Darn I wish I'd seen it.

Just a quick reminder ladies, when you are out doing your shopping this weekend, have fun, and enjoy it but please remember not to go to crazy. It's not a gift, just a fun exchange and we don't want some people spending $50 while others are sticking close to the $20. That's not fair and could lead to hurt feelings which was not what this was about.
So get creative and find something neat for your person, but keep the cost down please. Thank you! :flower3:

pixiewings71
04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
:scratchin Well that's different....... not knocking it...might be worth a try!!

It's good, have you ever had white cheddar popcorn? Same concept it's just yellow cheese instead. :) I melt a little butter and pour that over then shake on the cheese....super yummy!!!! :)

Uh oh!!

AmySue

I tried the Redenbacher Salt & Lime, that was interesting to say the least. Not bad at all, just different. Garlic sounds good!!!

Woo Hoo!! How exciting for you and your person!! YAY!!

No way!! How awesome is that. Darn I wish I'd seen it.

Just a quick reminder ladies, when you are out doing your shopping this weekend, have fun, and enjoy it but please remember not to go to crazy. It's not a gift, just a fun exchange and we don't want some people spending $50 while others are sticking close to the $20. That's not fair and could lead to hurt feelings which was not what this was about.
So get creative and find something neat for your person, but keep the cost down please. Thank you! :flower3:

I am very excited to shop this weekend!! Very excited!!! :)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-24-2009, 03:18 PM

Okay, gotcha.

Queenbillabong
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM

Beth - some of us are creative shoppers (okay - and maybe some of us have too much time to scope out the deals ;)) who know how to spot a bargain - everything I got was either on way discount or free (because of points :thumbsup2)

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-24-2009, 05:18 PM
I keep forgetting to post over here! :headache:

I'm excited about the exchange also. I have ideas, and things planned. I just need to decide which ones to do! :laughing:

Stacie, that is exciting about getting into Company D. How fun!

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Beth - some of us are creative shoppers (okay - and maybe some of us have too much time to scope out the deals ;)) who know how to spot a bargain - everything I got was either on way discount or free (because of points :thumbsup2)
Creative is good! If you can send more and still spend less all the better. :thumbsup2

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM

I'm like this also. My ex MIL was the opposite. At Christmas, we would exchange names, and set a price limit. I would go out and shop the sales, and get as much as I could within the price limit. She would go out (or 'shop' in her basement) and get something that looked like it might have cost the price limit at one time or the other.

One time I got a bottle of purfum from her that was brown! :scared1: I know it had to have been at least 10-15 years old by the dates on the package.

Normally, I would say, it's the thought that counts (because in the end it is), but since I know for a fact that she hated me....I don't think that was the case here! :rotfl:

prettyprincessbelle
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm like this also. My ex MIL was the opposite. At Christmas, we would exchange names, and set a price limit. I would go out and shop the sales, and get as much as I could within the price limit. She would go out (or 'shop' in her basement) and get something that looked like it might have cost the price limit at one time or the other.

One time I got a bottle of purfum from her that was brown! :scared1: I know it had to have been at least 10-15 years old by the dates on the package.

Normally, I would say, it's the thought that counts (because in the end it is), but since I know for a fact that she hated me....I don't think that was the case here! :rotfl:

:scared1:

What did it smell like? :scared:

Well, I finished my shopping!!!! :yay:

So we were supposed to be at no less than $20 but not too much more?

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Normally, I would say, it's the thought that counts (because in the end it is), but since I know for a fact that she hated me....I don't think that was the case here! :rotfl:Aww, how could anyone not like you?? :hug:

Well, I finished my shopping!!!! :yay:

So we were supposed to be at no less than $20 but not too much more?Yep. Minimum is $20 not including shipping. But you are welcome to include some fun freebies or extras. I usually do. :goodvibes But keep it simple and fun like a Disney keychain, or pin or something along those lines. Not spending enough on the extras to make it a $50 or $60 gift. kwim?

I know we have a great group of exchangers here and we are going to have some awesome packages!! :yay:

grizbuzz
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Ok, so as long as our gift is better than a stinky old bottle of perfume we're good?? I feel better now that the bar is set nice and low. :lmao:

I think I have most of my stuff. Just need to piece it all together. :idea:

This is much more fun than work or cleaning house! :goodvibes

prettyprincessbelle
04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Yep. Minimum is $20 not including shipping. But you are welcome to include some fun freebies or extras. I usually do. :goodvibes But keep it simple and fun like a Disney keychain, or pin or something along those lines. Not spending enough on the extras to make it a $50 or $60 gift. kwim?

I know what you mean jelly bean! I was right around $20, a tad over. :thumbsup2

Boo Bear
04-24-2009, 07:29 PM

I didn't mean to cause confusion....... :dance3:

Sorry! I know we got it worked out but I didn't mean to leave you hangin last night. I've had this awful migraines the past couple of days and fell asleep in the middle of PMing you last night OOPS!

DizNee Luver
04-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry! I know we got it worked out but I didn't mean to leave you hangin last night. I've had this awful migraines the past couple of days and fell asleep in the middle of PMing you last night OOPS!

I'm sorry to hear that Bridgette.....no biggie on my end!!! I deal with migraines about every 3-4 months.....so I totally feel for ya!
:hug:

Queenbillabong
04-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Yay - I have mine packed up and ready to post (probably on Monday unless I find time to go to the post office this weekend). :yay:

Boo Bear
04-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Bridgette.....no biggie on my end!!! I deal with migraines about every 3-4 months.....so I totally feel for ya!
:hug:

It's better today. My doctor started me on Topamax (sp?) yesterday. It was bad until about an hour ago and then it slightly decreased on its own. I hate the prospect of having to medicate myself on a daily basis but thats kind of how it has been with rescue medication. Life is so hard to enjoy when you have a migraine.

On a happier note... I'm having fun getting the exchange stuff ready! :cool1:

prettyprincessbelle
04-24-2009, 08:54 PM
Yay - I have mine packed up and ready to post (probably on Monday unless I find time to go to the post office this weekend). :yay:

Me TOO! :banana:

I'm going Monday!

CaliforniaDreamer
04-24-2009, 09:47 PM
Ok, so as long as our gift is better than a stinky old bottle of perfume we're good?? I feel better now that the bar is set nice and low. :lmao:
:goodvibes

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

She would go out (or 'shop' in her basement) and get something that looked like it might have cost the price limit at one time or the other.

Brown perfume!!!?! Ugh. I hate it when it's so clear something was regifted for a Christmas or Birthday gift.

I'm with Beth, I can't imagine anyone hating you but the world is full of strange people. I'll bet your current MIL appreciates you.

Back to the exchange.... Beth, part of my package is being sent from a vendor directly to my person, otherwise it would have taken too long to have it sent to me first. I'll include a note to that effect in my box.

Are you all not wrapping or wrapping your items in the box? How are these things done, the board exchange virgin wants to know?:goodvibes

mommaU4
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Beth, part of my package is being sent from a vendor directly to my person, otherwise it would have taken too long to have it sent to me first. I'll include a note to that effect in my box.

Are you all not wrapping or wrapping your items in the box? How are these things done, the board exchange virgin wants to know?:goodvibesThat's fine. I've had people do a "split" package where some comes from the and some from an online company.

As for wrapping, that's entirely up to you. I don't wrap. I actually used to have a tag that said that. :rotfl: But you can if you want.

MommyWithDreams
04-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Ah man I'm too late...count me in next time though :)

Beth, you're amazing...have you been told that yet today :)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-24-2009, 10:01 PM
That's fine. I've had people do a "split" package where some comes from the and some from an online company.

As for wrapping, that's entirely up to you. I don't wrap. I actually used to have a tag that said that. :rotfl: But you can if you want.

That's funny! Is that a year-long, even Christmas kinda rule for you?

My DH is the funniest wrapper.

BTW, I love the name addition to your pole.:thumbsup2

grizbuzz
04-25-2009, 01:04 AM
I'm finished! :wizard:
That was fun! :goodvibes

Now I just have to put this in the post and see what happens...
popcorn::

DizNee Luver
04-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Got my shopping done!!!! Can't mail until Weds the 29th unless I get some cashola between now & then! That was fun!!! :rotfl:

mommaU4
04-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Janelle, I'm sorry you missed this one! In mid September keep an eye out for the Halloween one. :)

Donna, yes, it's a year long rule. You should see me grumbling at Christmas time about all the wrapping I have to do. My actual tag said "Like it or not, I must wrap. Just don't expect any ribbons or bows. I refuse."

LOL The like it or not part is because of the kids. Santa's gifts are wrapped after all, so it has to be done. ;)

If any of you are lacking inspiration, or are bored, lol, here is a summer exchange that I found on the regular exchange board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2135818
It's only 5 pages long, but it gives you some idea of things some people send.

I'm off to shop today!! :cool1:

mommaU4
04-25-2009, 02:47 PM
I was just thinking about something. This exchange will finish up sometime in the first half of May. So that leaves all of June, July, and August before our next one starts in September.

Anyone up for another one over the summer? :confused3

Sign-ups would start end of June, with a send date in July. The theme would be "Favorite Disney/cartoon character" (meaning you can send anything you want, but in that person's favorite character) AND this one would be open to the ladies and our kids. Meaning you can sign up your kid(s) (or a niece or nephew or grandkid), just yourself or both.

Some of us will be meeting each other's kids in October so it might be kind of fun for them.
Of course, I'll match kids with kids, and grown-ups with grown-ups.

Just a thought. I don't mind hosting another one so soon if there is interest in doing one.

So we'd have:
June/July ~ Disney or cartoon character
September/October ~ Halloween
November/December ~ Christmas stocking
All leading up to the one in person at our Meet and Greet in February/March.

Just a thought. No need to decide now. We can wait and see how this one goes. And if anyone is interested, you can let me know.

Later gators!

CaliforniaDreamer
04-25-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm finished! :wizard:
That was fun! :goodvibes

Now I just have to put this in the post and see what happens...
popcorn::

(Sounds like she managed to get a hold of a CHIPPENDALE DANCER! Oh, I hope I'm her name!)

:yay:

CaliforniaDreamer
04-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Janelle, I'm sorry you missed this one! In mid September keep an eye out for the Halloween one. :)

Donna, yes, it's a year long rule. You should see me grumbling at Christmas time about all the wrapping I have to do. My actual tag said "Like it or not, I must wrap. Just don't expect any ribbons or bows. I refuse."

LOL The like it or not part is because of the kids. Santa's gifts are wrapped after all, so it has to be done. ;)

If any of you are lacking inspiration, or are bored, lol, here is a summer exchange that I found on the regular exchange board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2135818
It's only 5 pages long, but it gives you some idea of things some people send.

I'm off to shop today!! :cool1:

Beth, that tag is hilarious!

I dun't neeed no stinkin' suggestions. ;) I like personalizing it to what my assigned person likes!!

Have fun shopping.... (and yes it is too early to talk about a new one... let's finish this one first)

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-26-2009, 03:03 AM
I was just thinking about something. This exchange will finish up sometime in the first half of May. So that leaves all of June, July, and August before our next one starts in September.

Sign-ups would start end of June, with a send date in July. The theme would be "Favorite Disney/cartoon character" (meaning you can send anything you want, but in that person's favorite character) AND this one would be open to the ladies and our kids. Meaning you can sign up your kid(s) (or a niece or nephew or grandkid), just yourself or both.

Some of us will be meeting each other's kids in October so it might be kind of fun for them.

Just a thought. I don't mind hosting another one so soon if there is interest in doing one.

So we'd have:

Just a thought. No need to decide now. We can wait and see how this one goes. And if anyone is interested, you can let me know.

Later gators!

Get out of my head! I was just thinking today....as I was shopping again because I really really want to keep what I got my person, so I had to go get more! :rolleyes1

I would love to do another one. I love the theme also. You are the bestest Beth!

prettyprincessbelle
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I think that's a fantastic idea, Beth. I would love to do another one and I think that theme is awesome!

21yankees
04-26-2009, 03:15 PM
A summer exchange sounds fun. :thumbsup2

steph

Boo Bear
04-26-2009, 05:24 PM
I got my shopping done. I hope I did a good job. I will ship on Tuesday because I have class from 9-9 on Monday :crazy2:

Boo Bear
04-26-2009, 05:26 PM
I'd be willing to do the character one only if we can have longer than a week to shop once we get the person's info. I only have one craptastic Disney store around me and I would want to order some goodies online. Presentation is a biggie for me so could we have a little longer to deliver?

mommaU4
04-26-2009, 07:12 PM
I'd be willing to do the character one only if we can have longer than a week to shop once we get the person's info. I only have one craptastic Disney store around me and I would want to order some goodies online. Presentation is a biggie for me so could we have a little longer to deliver?That can be arranged. :)

grizbuzz
04-26-2009, 10:12 PM
(Sounds like she managed to get a hold of a CHIPPENDALE DANCER! Oh, I hope I'm her name!)

:yay:

:rolleyes1
let's just say I needed a big box.

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Mine will be mailed Wed also. We'll go after music. I areally hope my person likes what I got her!

cccdisney
04-26-2009, 11:56 PM
I will get my shopping finished tomorrow!:thumbsup2
I got nothing done this weekend:sad2: My dh was gone all weekend so I got no shopping done. Hard to shop with 4 kids in tow!:)
Tomorrow I will finish! :cool1:

CoMickey
04-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I'm almost done. I thought I was done yesterday but now I've come up with a couple more things I want to add. I'm planning to ship on Tuesday. This has been a lot of fun and I am looking forward to the next one!

Queenbillabong
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Mine is packaged up and will be mailed out either this afternoon or tomorrow morning, depending on how the day goes.

I hope my exchange buddy does not laugh at my taping job. I had everything packed and sealed when I noticed something had been left out, so I had to do some creative taping to get it in the package and the package all taped up so nothing else could head for the hills ;)

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Is it wrong that I'm already thinking about what to get my friend for the summer and halloween exchanges?

I love buying things for people...it's so much fun! :woohoo:

pixiewings71
04-27-2009, 03:23 PM
I would do another Beth but I'd have to work around DDs bday trip so I might have to mail late....just so you know. :)

So I went to DL last weekend and didn't really find much for my buddy so I'll have to do some shopping tonight......I was bummed that I didn't really find what I was looking for. :( I did get a few things tho so I was excited about what I did find. :)

toocherie
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I know--I found a few things at DL, but not the items I really wanted. So, I'm still shopping too . . . . . .

Boo Bear
04-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I'd be willing to do the character one only if we can have longer than a week to shop once we get the person's info. I only have one craptastic Disney store around me and I would want to order some goodies online. Presentation is a biggie for me so could we have a little longer to deliver?

That can be arranged. :)

Then count me in! You know, I really can't afford it, but I can make room in my budget for things like this. I think its really important for people to make room in their lives for things that make their hearts happy. If that means that I have to pack more lunches or spend a little less on myself in other areas then so be it. I love giving to others. I'm a total giver! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :goodvibes

toocherie
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM

So we'd have:

Later gators!

Love it!! But a request please, could we have more time to shop? I mean just over a week is not enough. I didn't want to buy things until I knew who I had, and with the MA weekend I just had, I spent most of last week preparing for the Divas, the weekend at DL (where I was able to get a couple of things) but now either tonight or tomorrow I have to go get other stuff. It seemed like we had a really long time to decide to participate, but not much time to shop--having at least two weekends would be a big help. Thanks!

mommaU4
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Love it!! But a request please, could we have more time to shop? I mean just over a week is not enough. I didn't want to buy things until I knew who I had, and with the MA weekend I just had, I spent most of last week preparing for the Divas, the weekend at DL (where I was able to get a couple of things) but now either tonight or tomorrow I have to go get other stuff. It seemed like we had a really long time to decide to participate, but not much time to shop--having at least two weekends would be a big help. Thanks!No problem. We can adjust the timing so there will be two weekends to look for things.

I hope all you exchangers are having fun with your shopping. :)

prettyprincessbelle
04-27-2009, 05:13 PM
My package is being taken to the post office this afternoon after work. I'll let you all know after I take it!

pixiewings71
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Beth, I am having fun but like toocherie I'm feeling a bit rushed. :) In fact so rushed that my package may be 1 day late but I will get it out!!! Trust me!! :) So yes, more time to shop would be GREAT!!!! :)

mommaU4
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
My package is being taken to the post office this afternoon after work. I'll let you all know after I take it!
Sounds good. Just post again once it's mailed.

Beth, I am having fun but like toocherie I'm feeling a bit rushed. :) In fact so rushed that my package may be 1 day late but I will get it out!!! Trust me!! :) So yes, more time to shop would be GREAT!!!! :)
As long as you let me know, it's ok. Just post once it's sent.

I'll be posting reminders the day before and day of, but if it's late by a day it's no biggie. Everyone just make sure to post once you do mail it, so I can mark it on my list as sent. Thanks!! :)

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm so glad you are going to extend the time Beth! :thumbsup2

I was concerned about time this round, but made it work. It would be great to have a little more time.

I'm expecting a package today or tomorrow, and then my gift will be in the mail!

prettyprincessbelle
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
My package is....... shipped!!!!!

:)

grumpyvet
04-27-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm shipping tomorrow!!!!!!!;)

mommaU4
04-27-2009, 11:42 PM
My package is....... shipped!!!!!

:)Thanks for confirming. :thumbsup2

I'm shipping tomorrow!!!!!!!;)
Cool deal. If you get a chance, post again once it's actually on it's way. Thanks. :flower3:

prettyprincessbelle
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Thanks for confirming. :thumbsup

You're welcome. :upsidedow

cheshiregirl
04-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Part I of my exchange package is being shipped directly to my person from disneyshopping.com. Part II will go in the mail on Wed afternoon or Thursday morning at the latest and I will post a confirmation when that happens.

mommaU4
04-28-2009, 12:07 AM
Okay, so we've got our first arrival!!!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay:

I got my package today from Jen (grizbuzz).

She sent me the cutest package, but I have to explain it. First off, she wrote a story I was instructed to read. It was very good, several pages long and all typed out on pretty paper, with pics and cute graphics. It was a fairy tale about Princess Beth princess: and her Fairy Godmother. :wizard:

It's too long to print the whole thing, but basically Princess Beth is upset because she hates to exercise and her "pesky computer friends" are telling her she needs to eat better and exercise in order to feel better and be healthy. But Princess Beth cannot bare the thought of exercising, so the Fairy Godmother, offers her three magical gifts that will help her over come her dislike of exercise and help her live happily ever after.
The beginning..... (you know, instead of The End. lol)

So then Jen packed three gifts for me to open, wrapped and numbered 1, 2, and 3.

In gift 1 were some Tink ponytail holders with the note that said, "It's summertime! Time to pull back your hair."

In gift 2 were some black athletic socks and a note that said, "And put on these super fast socks."

Finally in gift 3 was a red pen with a cheer leader pom-pom attached to the top and some paperwork, a confirmation of some sort. :confused: Hmmm, what on earth....
Then there was a note attached that basically said, "You're going to the Disneyland for the 5K!!"

Jen is so sweet! She went online and got me registered, signed up, and PAID for the DL 5K in September. :yay:
I've previously talked about going, but wasn't sure, and kept hemming and hawing, so she took matters into her own hands. :rotfl: I love that about Jen. She's like that commercial.... No Excuses, Just Do It!

Thank you so much Jen. I appreciate you being my cheerleader, coach, pusher, and most importantly, my friend. :hug:

http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif

mommaU4
04-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Part I of my exchange package is being shipped directly to my person from disneyshopping.com. Part II will go in the mail on Wed afternoon or Thursday morning at the latest and I will post a confirmation when that happens.
Okay, thanks Jane. I will make note that yours is a two-parter with one half on the way already. I'll keep an eye out for your other confirmation post. :thumbsup2

Stacerita
04-28-2009, 12:17 AM

She sent me the cutest package, but I have to explain it. First off, she wrote a story I was instructed to read. It was very good, several pages long and all typed out on pretty paper, with pics and cute graphics. It was a fairy tale about Princess Beth princess: and her Fairy Godmother. :wizard:

It's too long to print the whole thing, but basically Princess Beth is upset because she hates to exercise and her "pesky computer friends" are telling her she needs to eat better and exercise in order to feel better and be healthy. But Princess Beth cannot bare the thought of exercising, so the Fairy Godmother, offers her three magical gifts that will help her over come her dislike of exercise and help her live happily ever after.

So then Jen packed three gifts for me to open, wrapped and numbered 1, 2, and 3.

In gift 1 were some Tink ponytail holders with the note that said, "It's summertime! Time to pull back your hair."

In gift 2 were some black athletic socks and a note that said, "And put on these super fast socks."

Finally in gift 3 was some paperwork, a confirmation of some sort. :confused: Hmmm, what on earth....
Then there was a note attached that basically said, "You're going to the Disneyland for the 5K!!"

Jen is so sweet! She went online and got me registered, signed up, and PAID for the DL 5K in September. :yay:
I've previously talked about going, but wasn't sure, and kept hemming and hawing, so she took matters into her own hands. :rotfl: I love that about Jen. She's like that commercial.... No Excuses, Just Do It!

Thank you so much Jen. I appreciate you being my cheerleader, coach, pusher, and most importantly, my friend. :hug:

That was so sweet of her. The 5k nazi strikes!

mommaU4
04-28-2009, 12:24 AM
That was so sweet of her. The 5k nazi strikes!It was! :goodvibes

I had to edit my post. I forgot the cheerleader pom-pom pen! :cheer2: That rocks, and I'm going to have a hard time keeping my DD from stealing it. :rotfl:

cccdisney
04-28-2009, 12:27 AM

Finally in gift 3 was some paperwork, a confirmation of some sort. :confused: Hmmm, what on earth....

Beth that is so cool!:cool1:
Good job Jen!:thumbsup2 You certainly set the bar high on creativity!
I will be mailing my package on Wednesday morning. I can't wait for her to get it!:):cool1:

Zoemakes5
04-28-2009, 02:11 AM
I want to do this next time for sure. Beth, please put me on the list, if it's possible to still add. I was going through some big family stuff and wasn't able to do it the one this time. Sounds like it's really gonna be fun!

Boo Bear
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Finally in gift 3 was a red pen with a cheer leader pom-pom attached to the top and some paperwork, a confirmation of some sort. :confused: Hmmm, what on earth....

That's so great! :woohoo:

DizNee Luver
04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
That's very cool & creative!!!! So are we supposed to let the person know who sent them the gifts?.... Beth I know you organized it, so you knew ahead of time.....but are these supposed to be anonymous? Just want to know before I seal up the box...... thanx!!

fairykin
04-28-2009, 11:06 AM
Ahhh what a great package from Jen! That is so sweet of her to register you for the walk/run!

Everybody Please take pictures of your treasure box recieved!!

That way we allll get to share in it.

BillyFan
04-28-2009, 11:23 AM

Wow, what a great gift!!!! Mine will be going out later today, and I will post when it does.

I couldn't find anything at my Disney Store that I wanted, so I had to go in another direction. I agree that a little more shopping time would be great.

grizbuzz
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM

Oh! I'm SO glad you liked it! :goodvibes
I must admit, I was a teeny tiny bit nervous it wouldn't go over well, but I figured what the heck. Just DO IT!

And I can't believe you got the package so soon. I just sent it Saturday afternoon. I guess nothing is slow in Vegas, not even the mail. :rotfl:

Oh, and a question about the secretness of these gifts. I know you knew it was me since you're the organizer and all, but in general, how can you keep your identify secret when sending mail - we do need return labels on packages (not to mention insurance etc, for the overly cautious). Just wondering...

Can't wait to see what the other packages are! I no doubt won't be able to be this creative in the next exchange...I was just inspired this time. ;)

fairykin
04-28-2009, 12:32 PM
I've always put my name on any exchange i've done.. that's part of the surprise is learning who had your name!:goodvibes

Queenbillabong
04-28-2009, 12:40 PM
Put your name on it - I try to include a little note or something :thumbsup2

My package is flying away as we speak - sent it off at the crack of dawn this a.m. so it made it out today :thumbsup2 Again, no laughing at the tape job, OK??

CaliforniaDreamer
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
I no doubt won't be able to be this creative in the next exchange...I was just inspired this time. ;)

Jen, GREAT job!

(and next time you can always send the Chippendale guy)

;)

mommaU4
04-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Good job Jen!:thumbsup2 You certainly set the bar high on creativity!
She sure did. :thumbsup2

I want to do this next time for sure. Beth, please put me on the list, if it's possible to still add. I was going through some big family stuff and wasn't able to do it the one this time. Sounds like it's really gonna be fun!No problem Michelle. I'm not taking any names yet, but when sign ups start for the next one, I will make sure to post that info on the trip thread so everyone will know.

That's very cool & creative!!!! So are we supposed to let the person know who sent them the gifts?.... Beth I know you organized it, so you knew ahead of time.....but are these supposed to be anonymous? Just want to know before I seal up the box...... thanx!!Yes. Let them know who sent it. It's not like a Secret Santa or anything. I always include a note to my person and sometimes a packing list to make it easier for them when they are posting what they received.

Everybody Please take pictures of your treasure box recieved!!
Hmmmm, I'll try! :thumbsup2

Wow, what a great gift!!!! Mine will be going out later today, and I will post when it does.Thanks. And it didn't have to be Disney. Nothing I'm sending ended up being Disney. It was more summery which was the theme anyway. :)

Oh! I'm SO glad you liked it! :goodvibes
I must admit, I was a teeny tiny bit nervous it wouldn't go over well, but I figured what the heck. Just DO IT!

(I loved it!! So much fun to read and open. Thanks again.)

And I can't believe you got the package so soon. I just sent it Saturday afternoon. I guess nothing is slow in Vegas, not even the mail. :rotfl:
(Hey are you calling me fast?? :rolleyes1 )

Oh, and a question about the secretness of these gifts. I know you knew it was me since you're the organizer and all, but in general, how can you keep your identify secret when sending mail - we do need return labels on packages (not to mention insurance etc, for the overly cautious). Just wondering...
No secret. It's only a secret until you get your package. But once it arrives that's when you find out who sent to you and what they sent. :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-28-2009, 02:14 PM
*Reminder*

Tomorrow is the mail by date.
http://bestsmileys.com/mail/11.gif

Please post here and confirm once your package is actually on it's way so I can mark it as "Sent" on my sheet. Thank you!!

I hope you've all had fun with this! I know I did. :goodvibes

stacielee
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
My person will be getting 3 different packages from 3 different places, one of them being me, which I am mailing out tomorrow. I will post again to confirm that, and also post when I get confirmation that the others are being sent.

pixiewings71
04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I've got my stuff ready, I just forgot to grab it on my way out today. lol I'll be sure to send it tomorrow!! I'm excited, I hope my friend likes what I'm sending her!!! Oh and Beth, that's a big WOW!!!!! for what you got!! Woo Hoo!!!! :)

Boo Bear
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I mailed my package today but I was a little over zealous with the size of the items and everything wouldn't fit in a large flat rate priority box. I had to get a large parcel box and ship parcel because thats all I could afford but I got delivery confirmation. It's in the mail though! :cool1:

wendylady36
04-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow Beth, you got a great package! Good job Jen, I'm glad you are getting her out there for the 5k! I'll be cheering you girls on from my computer. :rotfl2:

I picked up a few things for my trade while I was at Disneyland this past weekend, and on my way home I realized that nothing I got was summer themed. Whoops! So I'm hoping to get to the store tonight to see if I can find something that's summer related, to offset the non summer stuff. :rotfl2: I'm crossing my fingers that I get my package sent out tomorrow. I will report back when it's in the mail. :thumbsup2

CoMickey
04-28-2009, 07:56 PM
Beth - I love, love, love your gift! I am still trying to decide if I am going to do the DL 5k but if I do it will so much fun to be able to see everyone who is planning to be there that weekend.

Ok - On with the reason I came to this thread - I sent my package just moments ago so it is on it's way to my Diva Exchange Friend!

BillyFan
04-28-2009, 08:36 PM
My package is officially in the mail! It's not going too far, so I expect it to be delivered in no time.

CaliforniaDreamer
04-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I also have part of my gift being sent from Amazon to the giftee. I am ready to get mine boxed up tomorrow and will report back.

This was my first board exchange. I have a super nice and gracious person. It was so much fun shopping wondering, hmmm, would she like this?princess:

21yankees
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi all. I'm off from work tomorrow so my package will be going in the mail tomorrow morning. I'll post again once I'm back from the post office.

steph

DizNee Luver
04-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I've sent out my package & was told it would arrive on Friday. I shipped thru UPS. :thumbsup2

cccdisney
04-28-2009, 09:18 PM
Mine is ready to be mailed. I will be heading to the post office first thing tomorrow morning!:thumbsup2
And I will post here when I get back home.:)

daisy_77
04-29-2009, 12:47 AM
Mine is all ready to be packaged. The post office near my work is closed from 11-2.:headache: So I have not been able to get a priority box. I will get it shipped out tomorrow, though...I will just have to improvise.:thumbsup2

Beth---what a great gift! Good job, Jen!:cool1:

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Good morning exchangers! Today is the mail by date so hopefully we'll hear of lots of packages hitting the post office. :banana:

If for some reason you can't mail out today, that's ok, just please let me know in a PM so I'm not pestering you thinking you've just forgotten. ;)

As for my package, it went off to work with Ruben today and he is supposed to be mailing it after work. I will post back for sure later on today. :thumbsup2

fairykin
04-29-2009, 11:09 AM
My Package and My Mom's just went out by FED EX..so it will get there by friday:yay:

The package my mom sent... well she forgot to put who it was from inside..so you have to read the outside of the box!:rotfl: It's a *Good* package:thumbsup2

And I hope that the person who gets my package enjoys it and has a HaPpPy Summer!

This has been sooOOOoooo much Fun!

:hug:Thank You Beth for all your hard work on this project!

Boo Bear
04-29-2009, 11:14 AM

Yes, thanks Beth.. I think I speak for all of us when I say you're the coolest for arranging this :grouphug: and it has been so fun!

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 12:37 PM
This has been sooOOOoooo much Fun!

Yes, thanks Beth.. I think I speak for all of us when I say you're the coolest for arranging this :grouphug: and it has been so fun!

Awww. Thanks. :flower3:
And you're welcome. It's been my pleasure. :goodvibes

toocherie
04-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I am getting mine packaged up and sent today today! I'll post when it's actually in the mail/Fed Ex/UPS (not sure how I'm sending yet).

LittleBlackRaincloud
04-29-2009, 03:12 PM
My package has been in the mail since 9:30 this morning! :banana::banana::banana:

I soooo hope the recipiant likes it.

I really enjoyed this Beth!

cccdisney
04-29-2009, 03:37 PM
My package was mailed this morning! :cool1:

wendylady36
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
My package has been sent! :thumbsup2

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks to everyone who's posted they've mailed out their package. I've got you all down. :thumbsup2
About half the packages have been sent so far. :cool1:

stacielee
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm pretty sure my 2 packages I ordered online have been shipped, but the one that's coming from me isn't going to make it out of here until tomorrow. But definitely tomorrow!!

21yankees
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
My package went in the mail just a few minutes ago. Thanks for the tip on the flat rate priority box, the items fit perfectly. :thumbsup2

steph

CaliforniaDreamer
04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Mine went out today, UPS. They estimated Thurs or Friday and there is another package coming directly from another shipper.

Yes, Beth is the coolest.:tinker:

toocherie
04-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Elvis has left the building.

jordansmomma
04-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Elvis has left the building.

Guess someone is getting the King???

My package will go out on Monday. I am going out of town this wknd & there are WAY better stores with much cooler trinkets & summery items.

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure my 2 packages I ordered online have been shipped, but the one that's coming from me isn't going to make it out of here until tomorrow. But definitely tomorrow!!Ok, just post back once it's on it's way. :)

My package went in the mail just a few minutes ago. Thanks for the tip on the flat rate priority box, the items fit perfectly. :thumbsup2

stephOh good. Those are nice because it doesn't go by weight so you can cram as much in there as you can, and it's the same price. :thumbsup2

Mine went out today, UPS. They estimated Thurs or Friday and there is another package coming directly from another shipper.

Yes, Beth is the coolest.:tinker:Awww. Don't make me blush.

Elvis has left the building.Did he take the package with him? ;)

Guess someone is getting the King???

My package will go out on Monday. I am going out of town this wknd & there are WAY better stores with much cooler trinkets & summery items.

No problem. :)

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 08:48 PM
OK, so that only leaves 8 packages not sent. Two of y'all let me know when you'll be mailing which is fine, so we have 6 to hear from. :thumbsup2

Oh, and mine is on it's way to a new home. Hope my person likes it all. :flower3:

Stacerita
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
Sorry, but mine did not go out today. :sad2: I meant to take it to the post office on my way to work. Well, that didn't happen. So its sitting in the trunk of my car. Sorry! I can't help being a procrastinator.

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Sorry, but mine did not go out today. :sad2: I meant to take it to the post office on my way to work. Well, that didn't happen. So its sitting in the trunk of my car. Sorry! I can't help being a procrastinator.
It's ok. We love you anyway. ;) Just post once it's gone out. Thanks!

pixiewings71
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I didn't get mine out either....because I had a really bad (borderline migraine but it's month end so I had to go to work) headache so I forgot to bring half of it....Yup, slap me and call me dorky. lol I've got it all together tho and it will go out tomorrow. Cool part, mine will go Fed Ex 3 day cuz we have a daily pickup. lol

Mary Jo
04-29-2009, 10:58 PM
I got home a little bit ago. Luckily, I found a PO that closes at 7pm, so my package went out. :sunny:

daisy_77
04-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Mine has gone out! I hope my person likes it!:goodvibes

grumpyvet
04-29-2009, 11:42 PM

Yep Stacie, we were separated at birth!!

I have been driving around with mine in my car for 2 days!! Surgery ran over my lunch today, so didn't get to the PO. I am off tomorrow, so I will post tomorrow once the deed is done!!!

So just think of the joy the items have had "seeing" San Diego!!!

Amysue

mommaU4
04-29-2009, 11:49 PM

Amysue:rotfl2:
I can top that.

When we lived in Northern Michigan, we lived on a private dirt road out in the country. The trash pick up wouldn't come down our road, so all 7 of the houses on our road would keep their trash cans down at the end of the private road. Then when we had trash we'd bag it up, and drive it down.

Well, one day we had the trash in the car, drove into town, did all our errands, went shopping, out to eat, etc. all with a big bag of trash along for the ride. :rolleyes: Took it all the way into town and back, and still forgot to throw it out along the way. :rotfl:

cheshiregirl
04-29-2009, 11:54 PM
Count me as one of the guilty ones that hasn't mailed yet, although as I posted earlier Part I was mailed directly from the store to my person. As for Part II, I need to hit a store tomorrow morning to pick up one more thing and then mail it. I hope to have this all accomplished by 10 am tomorrow morning, but my life has not really been my own lately as there is lots of drama going on at work and I'm doing crazy hours this week.

Stacerita
04-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Yep Stacie, we were separated at birth!!

I have been driving around with mine in my car for 2 days!! Surgery ran over my lunch today, so didn't get to the PO. I am off tomorrow, so I will post tomorrow once the deed is done!!!

Amysue

Lucky....getting to "see" San Diego. Mine just drove here to Orange and has been sitting in a parking garage.

Hey..........how'd the hair turn out?

mommaU4
04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
Morning exchangers! :)

I can't wait to start hearing about some arrivals!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Queenbillabong
04-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Morning exchangers! :)

I can't wait to start hearing about some arrivals!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I know - it's so much a part of the fun, seeing what everyone thought of to give to their exchange buddies :banana: