PDA

View Full Version : Confess one weird thing

Judy from Boise
04-14-2009, 11:28 PM
about yourself:hug: don't worry we won't hold it against you !

OK, this is weird, and possible disturbing.........my DH is a workout fiend, and when he comes home from the gym I like to lick him behind his ear because it is so good and salty... kind of the same as eating the salty whole peanuts at the ballgame .

OK, who can top that weirdness??????

Sherwin
04-14-2009, 11:35 PM

OK, this is weird, and possible disturbing.........my DH is a workout fiend, and when he comes home from the gym I like to lick him behind his ear because it is so good and salty... kind of the same as eating the salty whole peanuts at the ballgame .

LOL

I was going to say that I have a deep fondness for teddy bears (which for someone my gender and age is out of the question), but that's hard to beat!

Man, I'm gonna have to go think of something better...

AlexMouse
04-15-2009, 12:01 AM
LOL

I was going to say that I have a deep fondness for teddy bears (which for someone my gender and age is out of the question).

So do I! The only problem is that I now just have way too many of them! I live in a small apartment and they seem to be everywhere!

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
04-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Uhhhh......Wow Judy, I think you are going to win this one! LOL!!

But I'm gonna try! Let's see.....

I am a terrible housekeeper - does that count? I keep waiting for Mary Poppins to show up and teach me that great "snap your fingers and everything puts itself away" trick. Until then, I am hopeless.....

And if we could possibly distract the tag fairy AWAY from this thread, that would be AWESOME........:rolleyes1

ukstitch
04-15-2009, 02:51 AM
So do I! The only problem is that I now just have way too many of them! I live in a small apartment and they seem to be everywhere!

Make that three of us - I've got about 50 in my bedroom at latest count, in varying sizes from beanie baby up to a very large goofy.

My current favourite though is my very girly bunny - she's currently dressed in a denim skirt, pink Disney Princess top and pink hair flowers, but she's also been known to wear a Cinderella dress or pink pyjamas and dressing gown (as well as a more standard set of jeans and t shirt. She travels everywhere on holiday with me at the moment and even has her own passport.

There's a few pictures on the DLRP chat thread here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2126072&page=49) for anybody who wants a look.

Not sure if I've got anything else to add - I'm a little odd at times though, so there's a good chance I'll think of something to add later :rotfl:

And if we could possibly distract the tag fairy AWAY from this thread, that would be AWESOME........:rolleyes1

Agreed on this as that tag fairy has an evil sense of humour at times - one of the DLRP regulars was stuck with 3 tags all saying something like "I stink of sick" for an entire night on her last visit to the DLRP board:lmao:

mechurchlady
04-15-2009, 05:16 AM

I have three nice tags and I really really want to keep two of them.
I am a neurovariant so I could gross you out easily.
I got references who can attest to my nastyness, lewdness, potty mouth, and disgusting loathsome yuckyness. The line forms to the right and there are plenty.

Peanut butter on onions please

charmama4
04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
LOL

I was going to say that I have a deep fondness for teddy bears (which for someone my gender and age is out of the question), but that's hard to beat!

Man, I'm gonna have to go think of something better...

I still have the teddy bear Santa gave me on my first Christmas (I was 6 months old, I graduated in '89~~you do the math!!!) AND he still has both of his original eyes:rotfl:

IASWAM
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Weird doesn't begin to describe this...:crazy2: :scared:

jemilah
04-15-2009, 12:02 PM
hmmmmmmm
my house is never clean
I like to eat gas causing food :thumbsup2
I think Will Ferrel is smoking hot :lovestruc
people think my Disneyland obsession is weird but I am accepted here so maybe that does not count.
I am obsessed with Rams football , they may not be good but it's my team!

By the way I am class of 89 too :cheer2:

zeitzeuge
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM

I'm extremely OCD. Obsessive Compulsive. Have a few phobia's too. :rotfl:

I'm a mess.

1. Carry around hand sanitizer bottle, especially in an open public place like DL. (I hate shaking hands with someone)
2. I have to smell my food before I eat it otherwise, I can't eat.
3. I won't drink milk unless someone tastes it first to make sure it's ok.
4. I touch the place where my wallet and phone are kept on me at least 5 times from the house to the car just to make 100% sure that they are there.
5. Clowns or anything in costume terrify me and weird me out. You should see me at DL when a character comes near me. I freeze. There are NO pictures of me with any Disney character.
6. I can't stand anything messy or art work/picture frames that are hanging crooked. I've been known to clean and pick up at someone elses home if I can't stand it enough.

These are just a handful.

Ok, enough sharing for me.

Sherwin
04-15-2009, 12:39 PM
I still have the teddy bear Santa gave me on my first Christmas (I was 6 months old, I graduated in '89~~you do the math!!!) AND he still has both of his original eyes:rotfl:
Ooh, you beat me. I stole my sister's childhood teddy bear a few years back (because it's so darned cute), and the tag says it dates back to '79. It went through the wash once, and literally half the fur was pulled off the bear. It's so bald now without just a couple of patchy spots of fur. And its so raggedy. Someone once said it looked like it had leprosy. :rotfl:

I'm a mess.

1. Carry around hand sanitizer bottle, especially in an open public place like DL. (I hate shaking hands with someone)
4. I touch the place where my wallet and phone are kept on me at least 5 times from the house to the car just to make 100% sure that they are there.
5. Clowns or anything in costume terrify me and weird me out. You should see me at DL when a character comes near me. I freeze. There are NO pictures of me with any Disney character.
6. I can't stand anything messy or art work/picture frames that are hanging crooked. I've been known to clean and pick up at someone elses home if I can't stand it enough.

:lmao: If I ever see you in the parks, I'll be sure to give a wave or a chest bump. I'll keep in mind to avoid the handshake. :rotfl2:

zeitzeuge
04-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Ooh, you beat me. I stole my sister's childhood teddy bear a few years back (because it's so darned cute), and the tag says it dates back to '79. It went through the wash once, and literally half the fur was pulled off the bear. It's so bald now without just a couple of patchy spots of fur. And its so raggedy. Someone once said it looked like it had leprosy. :rotfl:

:lmao: If I ever see you in the parks, I'll be sure to give a wave or a chest bump. I'll keep in mind to avoid the handshake. :rotfl2:

That would be perfect! You should see me when a character puts his arms around me. I know his/her paws have touched a hundred people/kids that day. On top of not liking people in costumes, that thought just makes me cringe.

I need help. :lmao:

At least I admit it.

50sjayne
04-15-2009, 12:48 PM
<-------once had a crush on Gollum. Ok the actor not the character but it was while he was in LOTR...
Had a childhood crush on Robinhood in Disney's animated film, and the Hee Haw twins about the same time. Also the blue saxaphone player on the Muppets., a little later (probably 8 or 9 lol) Years later (ok in my 30's) developed a rip roaring crush on dead 50 years Errol Flynn while renting a library copy of Robinhood. Whet's the difference really-- inaccessible dead or alive right. Ok well in Errol's case you just had to be young, thin, and swim out to his boat....
Have 13 cats and received 2 crazy cat lady action figures for my birthday this year. :cat:

pixiewings71
04-15-2009, 02:54 PM

I'm a mess.

You can come over to my house anytime......LOL Hmmm, weird things......I don't know......ummmmmm I like to give myself Henna tattoos, I hate having my toenails unpolished. They are currently plain and have been that way for a few weeks now and it's absolutely making me insane.....I have this need to paint them.....lol Those are the weirdest ones I can think of right now.....I'm sure something else will come to mind tho. lol

charmama4
04-15-2009, 02:58 PM

I'm a mess.

:lmao::lmao: I may not carry the hand sanitizer with me but as soon as I get home from anywhere I immediately wash my hands.

I had to wash my hands after reading your post!!:rotfl2:

If I see you in the parks I"ll give you an elbow knock!! It'll remind me of Young Frankenstein ("oh darling not the hair"):lmao::lmao::lmao: That movie cracks me, sorry!

charmama4
04-15-2009, 03:00 PM
By the way I am class of 89 too :cheer2:

Did you go to Grad night '89??

charmama4
04-15-2009, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=Sherwin;31351335]Ooh, you beat me. I stole my sister's childhood teddy bear a few years back (because it's so darned cute), and the tag says it dates back to '79. It went through the wash once, and literally half the fur was pulled off the bear. It's so bald now without just a couple of patchy spots of fur. And its so raggedy. Someone once said it looked like it had leprosy. :rotfl:

QUOTE]

Like I said, he still has his eyes but he is bald too. Too many mud baths that resulted in a soap bath, my mom tells me.:rotfl2: BTW his name is Rosko

charmama4
04-15-2009, 03:05 PM
That would be perfect! You should see me when a character puts his arms around me. I know his/her paws have touched a hundred people/kids that day. On top of not liking people in costumes, that thought just makes me cringe.

I need help. :lmao:

At least I admit it.

admitting it is the first step!

charmama4
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
You can come over to my house anytime......LOL Hmmm, weird things......I don't know......ummmmmm I like to give myself Henna tattoos, I hate having my toenails unpolished. They are currently plain and have been that way for a few weeks now and it's absolutely making me insane.....I have this need to paint them.....lol Those are the weirdest ones I can think of right now.....I'm sure something else will come to mind tho. lol

I like to have my tootsies painted too!!!

jemilah
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
No grad night........we moved in my senior year:scared1:and they ruined it for me! Went to school so close to DL till 11th grade and no senior trip here in Vegas . I am making up for it now!

AlexMouse
04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Yes... CLOWNS completely freak me out. It's because of the movie "Poltergeist" - those of you who have seen this film will immediately know what I'm talking about.

I can't do clowns.

Even La Nouba was kinda freaky for me! (I did go 3 times though... hehe)

Vixen
04-15-2009, 04:41 PM

omg!!!!!!!!! i like to likc my bf's face:lmao::lmao: not all the time but somtimes i just get the urge and do it lol of course at first he thougt it was crazy but now hes use to it :lmao:

azdisneylover
04-15-2009, 05:03 PM
I have three nice tags and I really really want to keep two of them.
I am a neurovariant so I could gross you out easily.
Oh, sweetie, when it comes to grossing out people...I think I will win the crown.......:scared1:
I got references who can attest to my nastyness, lewdness, potty mouth, and disgusting loathsome yuckyness. The line forms to the right and there are plenty.
LOL! there is a reason I have not posted much.....I would make that handsome Capn Jack blush!!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2...

I am pretty quick with one liners too.........:lmao:

Judy from Boise
04-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I feel so comfortable in our happy land of freaks, weirdos, and people with too many stuffed animals..........

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
04-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Yay! Now I know that if I can't get Mary Poppins to clean my house, zeitzeuge will come do it for me!! :cool1:

pixiewings71
04-15-2009, 09:57 PM
I feel so comfortable in our happy land of freaks, weirdos, and people with too many stuffed animals..........

Yup, you fit right in you weird salt licker. :rotfl2:

Yay! Now I know that if I can't get Mary Poppins to clean my house, zeitzeuge will come do it for me!! :cool1:

Get in line, I was first! :rotfl:

charmama4
04-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Yes... CLOWNS completely freak me out. It's because of the movie "Poltergeist" - those of you who have seen this film will immediately know what I'm talking about.

I can't do clowns.

Even La Nouba was kinda freaky for me! (I did go 3 times though... hehe)

After seeing IT by Stephen King, I now don't like clowns:scared1:

Judy from Boise
04-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Does it count that I went in 79?

charmama4
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Does it count that I went in 79?

Absolutely!!!! Wasn't that the best way to end your high school career?

zeitzeuge
04-16-2009, 10:01 AM

LOL I have such issues. I've even thought about becoming an Professional Organizer. There actually is such a thing and there's even websites to apply for certification.

Organizing is like heaven to me. When I'm bored and have nothing to do, I tear apart our closets and reorganize.

Sad.....

mechurchlady
04-16-2009, 10:07 AM
LOL I have such issues. I've even thought about becoming an Professional Organizer. There actually is such a thing and there's even websites to apply for certification.

Organizing is like heaven to me. When I'm bored and have nothing to do, I tear apart our closets and reorganize.

Sad.....
You can come to my house and have fun with over 100 years of clutter that I inherited and added to.

DizNee Luver
04-16-2009, 07:41 PM
One weird thing about me: I can write cursive backwards....about as good as I can forwards....... :lmao: strange little talent I have!!!

Kayla's Mom
04-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Sad.....

When my older daughter was about 4 she was putting her play food and dishes from her kitchen into little piles....(fruits, veggies, desserts, etc.) When I asked her what she was doing she said "Organizing"....

I was so proud.......:laughing::lovestruc

fairycat
04-16-2009, 08:24 PM

Sad.....

I will pay for your trip to DLR and give you a place to stay for you to organize my mess :) I am a total clutter bug. My house might look clean on the surface but don't open any cupboards or closets :scared1:

One weird thing about me: I can write cursive backwards....about as good as I can forwards....... :lmao: strange little talent I have!!!

I can write upside down and backwards but sadly not in cursive. I was obsessed in HS with writing "mirror" poems. I blame my interest on ee cummings and Alice in Wonderland.

One silly thing about me is I was filmed for Girl's Next Door but never made the cut to air (I knew I wouldn't). I made silly pun and some double entendres at the girlfriends. It was silly and fun.

I also went to the MTV music awards as my first unofficial date with my know DH. You can see me because of the velvet top hat I had on :)

mechurchlady
04-16-2009, 10:34 PM
My SID food thing has to be me draining the liquid from my food. I put a knife under my plate so the meat drippings and sauce drains away from my food.I carefully eat cole slaw so I drain the juice and salads you see me scraping away excess dressing. I have been shunned for those terrible eating habits and some people are grossed out by the way I eat but neurovariants and the people with lots of Disney type magic understand and put up with me.

It is hard to sit in a restaurant with outsiders and so want to drain the food. I am a slow eater and that is another thing outsiders do not like. I have Calvin, Lara and Chris who will eat with me despite my weird table manners and the pile of liquid on one side of the plate.:hug::hug::hug::cloud9:

Also the solution to life is ketchup.

nancy drew
04-17-2009, 01:30 AM

I'm a mess.

My brother does this. We joke about it a lot. He also sniffs clothing. We joke that it's his animal instinct; we've read a lot about cats and this is one of their behaviors (sniffing things presented to them).

Sad.....

Oh honey, if you're ever bored and in the Chicagoland area have I got a project for you! :rotfl: Actually, I am the same way. I just lack the time, money, and space to make my vision come to life. So I let the mess happen.

Are you a lefty? My DD is a lefty and it seems (from my reading) that mirror imaging is more natural to left-handed individuals.

My weird thing... hmmm.... I've never had a cup of coffee. Ever. I can't stand the taste.

DisneySuiteFreak
04-17-2009, 05:05 AM

I'm a mess.

1. Carry around hand sanitizer bottle, especially in an open public place like DL. (I hate shaking hands with someone)2. I have to smell my food before I eat it otherwise, I can't eat.

:lmao::lmao: I may not carry the hand sanitizer with me but as soon as I get home from anywhere I immediately wash my hands.
I had to wash my hands after reading your post!!:rotfl2:
If I see you in the parks I"ll give you an elbow knock!! It'll remind me of Young Frankenstein ("oh darling not the hair"):lmao::lmao::lmao: That movie cracks me, sorry!

LOL, if either of you have ever seen one of those Dateline NBC specials about germs and Supergerms, you would realize you are being smart & prudent. You are not weird.:goodvibes
I actually get sick a lot due to allergies and asthma and my Dr told me the best thing you can do to prevent illness is wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds. So if you're weird, so am I. I am also one of those who wash hands as the first thing I do when I get home from anywhere. I also use a paper towel to turn off the restroom faucet on the sink and open restroom doors. (Ever see the people who go and then don't wash their hands?!):scared1::scared::scared1:And what's the point of washing and then touching the gross faucet handle that's been touched by thousands of other people after using the toilet before you, right? Gross!:scared:
When I hear anyone around me sniffling, coughing, hoarse, or sneezing, the first thing I do is ask them, "Are you sick?" And the next thing I do is move as far away as possible and try not to breathe the same air they just exhaled in! :scared1: :lmao: I'll give them a smile while I move away from them though so they hopefully won't feel bad! :lmao::idea: I guess I am OCD and paranoid about germs.:lmao:

ETA: I also dislike shaking hands or kissing & hugging people to say hello. I'd rather wave -- from a reasonable distance!:lmao: People think I'm being stand-offish, but really I just can't afford to get sick. Shaking people's hands (when you don't know where they've been) is one of the dirtiest things to do, and a real quick way of passing germs and who knows what else to someone else. Does that make me weird? I don't care! :lmao:

Kayla's Mom
04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
My weird thing... hmmm.... I've never had a cup of coffee. Ever. I can't stand the taste.

That's me too! :)

LavenderPeach
04-17-2009, 09:57 AM
I can write upside down and backwards but sadly not in cursive.

I can write upside down too (but not backwards or cursive). I learned because DS always wants me to write down various words for him to read. I used to sit on one side of his magnadoodle and he would sit on the other while I wrote lots and lots of words, upside down for me but rightside up for him. Also learned to draw simple pictures upside down for him too (dogs, bears, cats, kids, etc).

Here's a weird thing about me that is a physical trait and not a choice but I have 2 different colored eyes. One is brown and one is blue. Actually, the brown one has about a third of it that is blue on the top. I get lots of interesting questions like do i see brown out of one eye and blue out of the other and what does it say on my driver's license (it says blue, btw) and are those contacts. One person told me that i lost a contact as if I didn't notice that it fell out or something. :rotfl:

Also, Zeitzeuge, here's another house that needs organizing!

pixiewings71
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
My SID food thing has to be me draining the liquid from my food. I put a knife under my plate so the meat drippings and sauce drains away from my food.I carefully eat cole slaw so I drain the juice and salads you see me scraping away excess dressing. I have been shunned for those terrible eating habits and some people are grossed out by the way I eat but neurovariants and the people with lots of Disney type magic understand and put up with me.

It is hard to sit in a restaurant with outsiders and so want to drain the food. I am a slow eater and that is another thing outsiders do not like. I have Calvin, Lara and Chris who will eat with me despite my weird table manners and the pile of liquid on one side of the plate.:hug::hug::hug::cloud9:

Also the solution to life is ketchup.

My DD12 would agree with you personally....YUK!!!! I rarely eat ketchup, only like it on the occasional hot dog (ball park food only, otherwise pretty much ew unless it's a cornie dog from DCA lol) and on my burgers but that's it. I'd much rather have Ranch and/or BBQ sauce. But then I only eat tomatoes that are fresh from a garden or pureed in pasta sauce or chopped in salsa. LOL

LOL, if either of you have ever seen one of those Dateline NBC specials about germs and Supergerms, you would realize you are being smart & prudent. You are not weird.:goodvibes
I actually get sick a lot due to allergies and asthma and my Dr told me the best thing you can do to prevent illness is wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 30 seconds. So if you're weird, so am I. I am also one of those who wash hands as the first thing I do when I get home from anywhere. I also use a paper towel to turn off the restroom faucet on the sink and open restroom doors. (Ever see the people who go and then don't wash their hands?!):scared1::scared::scared1:And what's the point of washing and then touching the gross faucet handle that's been touched by thousands of other people after using the toilet before you, right? Gross!:scared:
When I hear anyone around me sniffling, coughing, hoarse, or sneezing, the first thing I do is ask them, "Are you sick?" And the next thing I do is move as far away as possible and try not to breathe the same air they just exhaled in! :scared1: :lmao: I'll give them a smile while I move away from them though so they hopefully won't feel bad! :lmao::idea: I guess I am OCD and paranoid about germs.:lmao:

ETA: I also dislike shaking hands or kissing & hugging people to say hello. I'd rather wave -- from a reasonable distance!:lmao: People think I'm being stand-offish, but really I just can't afford to get sick. Shaking people's hands (when you don't know where they've been) is one of the dirtiest things to do, and a real quick way of passing germs and who knows what else to someone else. Does that make me weird? I don't care! :lmao:

I have the same issues getting sick that you do!!!! And I do the same thing too.....just smile and back away from the sick people. Part of the reason I like most of DLs bathroom are because they have no "main" door and the faucets in a lot are automatic. :) Otherwise I too do the paper towel thing. lol

DisneySuiteFreak
04-17-2009, 03:45 PM
I have the same issues getting sick that you do!!!! And I do the same thing too.....just smile and back away from the sick people. Part of the reason I like most of DLs bathroom are because they have no "main" door and the faucets in a lot are automatic. :) Otherwise I too do the paper towel thing. lol

I think we both got sick in Jan 2008 from all that rain and cold weather at DL, right? As nice as the weather was this past January, I still ended up getting sick at DL. I was sick on my whole 3 weeks of vacation, came home and was still sick fighting it off for another 3 weeks after the vacation! :scared1: The asthma/allergies and getting sick just do not work well together. :sad1:

I, too, love that most restrooms at DL have no outer doors! I wish they would do that at most public restrooms in the real world, or at least put a trash can near the main dor for people like us! :laughing: I wish they all had the auto faucets! :laughing: I hate the restrooms in the real world that only have those air blowers to dry your hands! I saw a show about germs (probably on Dateline) and they mentioned that at one time they used to think they were more sanitary than paper towels, but now they know it's worse because it literally blows all the germs around and makes them airborne where we can inhale it!:scared1:Eeeewwww!:scared: I really am only paranoid because I get sick so often. I'm not really OCD, even though I sound like I am! (Not that there's anything wrong with people who are OCD.) :goodvibes Okay I'll stop now before I get myself into trouble...:rolleyes1
:rotfl::goodvibes

DizNee Luver
04-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Are you a lefty? My DD is a lefty and it seems (from my reading) that mirror imaging is more natural to left-handed individuals.

No, a righty that was bed bound during the last 2 mths of my first pregnancy....loved to doodle & it just kinda happened. I can also write upside down & backwards...used to be able to do in in cursive...but haven't tried in a very long time......

wendylady36
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
For me: Labels must be facing out, everything has to be lined up, preferably by size or if it's not by size then in the order I use it (ex: shampoo, followed by conditioner, followed by face wash then followed by body wash).

Also, everything has its place, if something gets bumped causing it to move, then I have to put it back in its original place. The sponge for the kitchen sink must be placed to the far right hand side of the faucet, rough side up and placed horizontally.

I don't know why I do those things, but it must be done! :rotfl:

Stacerita
04-21-2009, 02:24 PM
For me: Labels must be facing out, everything has to be lined up, preferably by size or if it's not by size then in the order I use it (ex: shampoo, followed by conditioner, followed by face wash then followed by body wash).

Also, everything has its place, if something gets bumped causing it to move, then I have to put it back in its original place. The sponge for the kitchen sink must be placed to the far right hand side of the faucet, rough side up and placed horizontally.

I don't know why I do those things, but it must be done! :rotfl:

You would die peeking into my medicine cabinet.

But I agree about the sponge.

wendylady36
04-21-2009, 02:35 PM
You would die peeking into my medicine cabinet.

But I agree about the sponge.

I wouldn't die, I'd reorganize. :thumbsup2

Kayla's Mom
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM

Have you seen Sleeping With the Enemy with Julia Roberts? That's what that reminded me of...the husband that had to have all the canned food in the cupboards lined up perfectly....:laughing:

pixiewings71
04-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I think we both got sick in Jan 2008 from all that rain and cold weather at DL, right? As nice as the weather was this past January, I still ended up getting sick at DL. I was sick on my whole 3 weeks of vacation, came home and was still sick fighting it off for another 3 weeks after the vacation! :scared1: The asthma/allergies and getting sick just do not work well together. :sad1:

I, too, love that most restrooms at DL have no outer doors! I wish they would do that at most public restrooms in the real world, or at least put a trash can near the main dor for people like us! :laughing: I wish they all had the auto faucets! :laughing: I hate the restrooms in the real world that only have those air blowers to dry your hands! I saw a show about germs (probably on Dateline) and they mentioned that at one time they used to think they were more sanitary than paper towels, but now they know it's worse because it literally blows all the germs around and makes them airborne where we can inhale it!:scared1:Eeeewwww!:scared: I really am only paranoid because I get sick so often. I'm not really OCD, even though I sound like I am! (Not that there's anything wrong with people who are OCD.) :goodvibes Okay I'll stop now before I get myself into trouble...:rolleyes1
:rotfl::goodvibes

Yes and then we both had people telling we weren't sick because of the weather at DL because wetness doesn't make you sick. LOL Oh ya, I came back and within a day was home bound with a fever and found out later I had pnuemonia!!!! Luckily we caught it just as it was starting so I was able to fight it at home with antibiotics. I have the same issues you do, it starts as a cold and then blossoms into an infection of some kind and then becomes asthma and allergy related. Not fun......I was so happy because I was very careful when we were in DL in Jan and I was able to avoid getting sick, but I got really sick in late Feb and then spent the next 6 weeks coughing. :( I hate the blowing hand dryers, I just don't dry my hands, I will wave them around in the air or use toilet paper to dry them off then I go and use hand sanitizer on them when I leave the bathroom. lol I am not a germaphobe I just HATE being sick because like you, when I get it it sticks around forEVER!!!!

PinkBudgie
04-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Here's a weird thing about me that is a physical trait and not a choice but I have 2 different colored eyes. One is brown and one is blue. Actually, the brown one has about a third of it that is blue on the top. I get lots of interesting questions like do i see brown out of one eye and blue out of the other and what does it say on my driver's license (it says blue, btw) and are those contacts. One person told me that i lost a contact as if I didn't notice that it fell out or something. :rotfl:

Yesterday in my pre-k class we were learning about faces and everyone has different color hair and eyes. I told them about your eyes and they were amazed! :)

Weird... Hmm... what do I do that is weird? You mean like intensely reading a forum thread on Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets? Or like having a Disney Princesses on my house key? Or the buying a Happy Meal at McDonald's just to get the plastic Disney figurine? Is that weird? Nah! :rotfl:

Ok, here is one, and it isn't even Disney related. I love Legos! I have them stashed in all kinds of strange places around the house. I haven't "played" with them in awhile but my favorite thing to make are buildings and rooms. I also like organizing them in little drawers, bins, and boxes. My boys especially liked it when they were younger and of course I had to get my nephew his first Lego set when he was one.

mechurchlady
04-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Someone told me never to talk about my body so that is weird, lol.:rotfl::rotfl2:

My weird thing is that my nose right now is very painful at ties throbs, and that happens when I have a wheat reaction. The wheat damages the stomach so I cannot absorb vitamins thus I feel pain more and heal slower. Neosporin + Pain is not working much if any. I once took months to heal a burn on my midriff which was not that bad and I went with Calvin the first week of March like about the 5th and I still have a chicken nugget sized lump and bruising.

grumpyvet
04-22-2009, 01:41 AM
I am worm phobic. Earthworms, slugs...and don't get me started about caterpillars. Just typing the word makes me cringe!!!!!

Oh, and I have my Teddy Bear (Teddy) that I got for my first Christmas in...wait for it....1961!!! He is pretty worn, but is a Steiff, so fairly sturdy!!!

Stacerita
04-22-2009, 01:45 AM
I am worm phobic. Earthworms, slugs...and don't get me started about caterpillars. Just typing the word makes me cringe!!!!!

Oh, and I have my Teddy Bear (Teddy) that I got for my first Christmas in...wait for it....1961!!! He is pretty worn, but is a Steiff, so fairly sturdy!!!

So I have found your kryptonite. (insert muwahahaha here)

auntiegem
04-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I absolutely must wear socks (and/or shoes) at all times when I'm in my hotel room. That includes in bed. Even when it's hot. EXCEPT when I'm taking a shower--but if I could wear them in there, I would. Yah, I know there are aqua socks, but I DO have to wash my feet . . .

That being said, I still think Judy from Boise is hanging on to the prize.

grumpyvet
04-22-2009, 02:00 AM
So I have found your kryptonite. (insert muwahahaha here)

Seriously....makes me shudder. Need to wear gloves if I garden!! Have to come in the house if I even see a caterpillar!!!!

And Stacie, use those powers only for good!!!

grumpyvet
04-22-2009, 02:01 AM
I absolutely must wear socks (and/or shoes) at all times when I'm in my hotel room. That includes in bed. Even when it's hot. EXCEPT when I'm taking a shower--but if I could wear them in there, I would. Yah, I know there are aqua socks, but I DO have to wash my feet . . .

You know, I should develop that plan. My white socks were ever so not white after walking around in my last hotel room. Ewwwww.

I also agree that Judy is the winner so far!!!

mechurchlady
04-22-2009, 02:08 AM

I have been told I am the hands down winner and I have not even broke out some of my really gross things yet.

DisneySuiteFreak
04-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Oooh - that's like Jayne Seymour the actress. She has one brown and one green I think. That's a cool trait. Do you know what causes it? Usually we are prediposed by genetics to have darker coloring or lighter coloring (eyes, hair, skin). I wonder what happens when you get one of each? What causes it? Did you ever find out?

Yes and then we both had people telling we weren't sick because of the weather at DL because wetness doesn't make you sick. LOL Oh ya, I came back and within a day was home bound with a fever and found out later I had pnuemonia!!!! Luckily we caught it just as it was starting so I was able to fight it at home with antibiotics. I have the same issues you do, it starts as a cold and then blossoms into an infection of some kind and then becomes asthma and allergy related. Not fun......I was so happy because I was very careful when we were in DL in Jan and I was able to avoid getting sick, but I got really sick in late Feb and then spent the next 6 weeks coughing. :( I hate the blowing hand dryers, I just don't dry my hands, I will wave them around in the air or use toilet paper to dry them off then I go and use hand sanitizer on them when I leave the bathroom. lol I am not a germaphobe I just HATE being sick because like you, when I get it it sticks around forEVER!!!!
I know that was a crazy thread, right? When everyone was telling us we didn't get sick because of the rain/weather/freezing cold! :lmao: We must be kindred spirits, because I too wave my hands around and refuse to use the hand dryers!:goodvibes

LavenderPeach
04-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Oooh - that's like Jayne Seymour the actress. She has one brown and one green I think. That's a cool trait. Do you know what causes it? Usually we are prediposed by genetics to have darker coloring or lighter coloring (eyes, hair, skin). I wonder what happens when you get one of each? What causes it? Did you ever find out?

Yeah, David Bowie has 2 different colored eyes too but I heard it was because he got an eye injury and not genetics. I'm not exactly sure how this sort of "mutation" happens. I remember asking my biology teacher in high school when we were studying genetics and she didn't really have an answer for me. I had an eye doctor tell me it was kind of like having a mole on one eye (because of the pigment). My dad has blue eyes and my mom has brown/hazel eyes so I suppose that must play into it somehow.

And, while I am on the subject, have you ever noticed how in the movies when they want to show that someone is crazy, they give them 2 different colored eyes? This is one of my pet peeves. I think I'm being discriminated against! :rotfl: I'm not crazy (well, at least most of the time). :upsidedow

pixiewings71
04-22-2009, 02:26 PM

Worms skeeve me out too. Not so much caterpillars but worms are just gross. My Mom has her teddy bear from when she was born and she was born well before 1961. lol I have a few stuffies from when I was a kid, a horse that is green paisley, a little (used to be) pink bunny with his eyes closed, a cat named Carmichael and a little pink elephant. Unfortunately they were slightly fire damaged and when they got cleaned they got more messed up. :( My pink ellie had a small hole on her neck, now it's huge and most of the stuffing is missing. :( Currently they are in my closet awaiting repair. Oh that reminded me, I have my Strawberry Shortcake & Raspberry Tart dolls from when I was a little girl....loved those things!!!! :) They are dirty looking from smoke. :(

I know that was a crazy thread, right? When everyone was telling us we didn't get sick because of the rain/weather/freezing cold! :lmao: We must be kindred spirits, because I too wave my hands around and refuse to use the hand dryers!:goodvibes

It was crazy and I was extremely offended by a few of the posts on that thread. As if after 37 years I don't know my own body enough to know what causes me to get sick.....ya, ok.... LOL It's good to know I'm not the only weirdo waving my hands around. LOL My kids even do it now! :rotfl::thumbsup2

I have been told I am the hands down winner and I have not even broke out some of my really gross things yet.

Well since it's a weird thread and not gross let's just go with Judy on this one. LOL

Yeah, David Bowie has 2 different colored eyes too but I heard it was because he got an eye injury and not genetics. I'm not exactly sure how this sort of "mutation" happens. I remember asking my biology teacher in high school when we were studying genetics and she didn't really have an answer for me. I had an eye doctor tell me it was kind of like having a mole on one eye (because of the pigment). My dad has blue eyes and my mom has brown/hazel eyes so I suppose that must play into it somehow.

And, while I am on the subject, have you ever noticed how in the movies when they want to show that someone is crazy, they give them 2 different colored eyes? This is one of my pet peeves. I think I'm being discriminated against! :rotfl: I'm not crazy (well, at least most of the time). :upsidedow

That is so cool about your eyes!!!!! Do you wear contacts to make them both the same color?

toocherie
04-22-2009, 04:29 PM

Sad.....

zeitzeuge: I think you could start your business just with the people on this thread. Here's one more for ya!

I wouldn't die, I'd reorganize. :thumbsup2

Hey==want to look in my cupboards this weekend--huh huh??????? (hope you're feeling better!)

auntiegem
04-23-2009, 12:51 AM

I think I should be scared!!! :eek:

mechurchlady
04-23-2009, 02:21 AM
I think I should be scared!!! :eek:
I am a lady so no grossing out. i do think it is rather weird to like licking a sweaty guy so yeah her thread so I guess she wins.:thumbsup2

My wierdest body parts have to be my little toes. The little toes aer at a 90 degree angle twisted so the nails face side ways and there is no way to make them turn to normal without a lot of duct tape. At home I often have my little toes crossing their neighbor toe which ar a bit odd shaped. I cannot wear many types and brands of shoes as the nail digs in the side of the shoes. This means everyone is stuck seeing me in flip flops. I would love to wear pretty pink princess shoes but not am not getting rid of my weird toes.

I sleep with a big plushie but that cannot be too weird can it?

eatmypixiedust
04-23-2009, 03:36 AM
I always wear socks to sleep. Sleeping barefoot makes me feel naked! :rotfl:

Judy from Boise
04-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Licking my very handsome and salty DH.........wierd, and yet....not!

I will except the prize however :) Mom will be so proud.

Judy from Boise
04-23-2009, 09:11 AM

pixiewings71
04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
I am a lady so no grossing out. i do think it is rather weird to like licking a sweaty guy so yeah her thread so I guess she wins.:thumbsup2

My wierdest body parts have to be my little toes. The little toes aer at a 90 degree angle twisted so the nails face side ways and there is no way to make them turn to normal without a lot of duct tape. At home I often have my little toes crossing their neighbor toe which ar a bit odd shaped. I cannot wear many types and brands of shoes as the nail digs in the side of the shoes. This means everyone is stuck seeing me in flip flops. I would love to wear pretty pink princess shoes but not am not getting rid of my weird toes.

I sleep with a big plushie but that cannot be too weird can it?

LOL I sleep with a big plushie, I call him DBF. :) LOL Well, really, he's not very plushie but he is pretty big. :) Poor guy, his feet hang off the end of our bed if he's not careful. lol Oh and our dog sleeps next to him on the floor....does he count as a plushie? lol

Oh ya, I wanted to say about your toes. My baby toes turn slightly sideways too, not massively but a bit. Especially when I walk, apparently I use those toes for balance and grip in my shoes. lol My second toe is longer than my big toe and I have a bone spur on the side of my foot. Makes it very difficult to wear super cute girly shoes or high heels for too long. I love flip flops simply because they are easy to wear with that bone spur. My sis has it too, she had hers "shaved" off and it came back!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl::worship::lmao:

eatmypixiedust
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj184/befje/smileys/bell_winner-bf.gif http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr232/hunterneary/smileys/winner.gif

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:

RiverLou
04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
When I'm home, if I put ice in a drink, I have to control how many are in there depending on glass size/what I'm drinking/how cold I want it. Usually 4 or 7 cubes. Oh and I very rarely use crushed ice, not a fan. :confused3

LavenderPeach
04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
That is so cool about your eyes!!!!! Do you wear contacts to make them both the same color?

No, I don't wear contacts. Something about putting my finger directly into my eye just doesn't appeal to me. :rotfl:

LavenderPeach
04-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Oh, I just thought of another weird thing (although I don't think anyone can beat Judy's claim to fame). I always have to set the microwave for an unusual number. I can't just set it for 30 seconds, I have to do 32 seconds. I'm not sure why. I do the same with alarm clocks. I won't set it for 6:00 am, it has to be 5:57 or 6:02 or something like that.

pixiewings71
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
No, I don't wear contacts. Something about putting my finger directly into my eye just doesn't appeal to me. :rotfl:

It's not like that really, you barely touch your eye at all. :) I've been wearing contacts since I was 16....wow, that's a LOOOOOONG time! LOL almost 22 years....geez, that makes me feel old! lol

PinkBudgie
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
I wear contacts too. I just hate having glasses in front of me. They bother me. I agree, not a big deal and not touching your eye. I can't see far away but can see up close with or without contacts. My sister is the opposite and needs glasses for reading.

ACDSNY
04-25-2009, 12:53 AM
It's not like that really, you barely touch your eye at all. :) I've been wearing contacts since I was 16....wow, that's a LOOOOOONG time! LOL almost 22 years....geez, that makes me feel old! lol

Now you're making me feel old, I've been wearing contacts for 30 years.
..just wait until you hit the mid 40s and it's like overnight your eye gets terribly worst.:rotfl:

toocherie
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Now you're making me feel old, I've been wearing contacts for 30 years.
..just wait until you hit the mid 40s and it's like overnight your eye gets terribly worst.:rotfl:

my eyes went bad after my first year of law school. didn't know how bad until I got contacts, came home and looked out the front window (I lived in downtown L.A. at the time) and realized the bank across the street had a bas relief on it that I had never seen !! :rotfl2:

28 years of contact wearing here . . . . .

PinkBudgie
04-27-2009, 08:33 PM
I was about 16 when I found out I needed glasses. When I first got them my mom was driving me home and I was looking at the trees out the window and saying to her how amazed I was that I could see the leaves on the tree. They had just been a green blur and I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be that way! Kind of like the difference between an old tv and an HDTV with blu-ray. :rotfl:

pixiewings71
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I was about 16 when I found out I needed glasses. When I first got them my mom was driving me home and I was looking at the trees out the window and saying to her how amazed I was that I could see the leaves on the tree. They had just been a green blur and I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be that way! Kind of like the difference between an old tv and an HDTV with blu-ray. :rotfl:

LOL Too funny.....DD12 does that.....she moves her glasses up and down and says "TV-HD-TV-HD" LOL