PDA

View Full Version : Meghan and Mikes At Home Wedding/Disneymoon9/18/10**THE DRESS

teddygurl28
04-14-2009, 06:33 PM
TO Date:

When: September 18,2010
Where: St Patricks Church
Stoneham MA 02180 @ 5:30pm
Reception: Andover Country Club
7pm-12midnight
Guest Count: ???
Honeymoon: Walt DisneyWorld 9/19-9/29

*TinY DisCLaiMeR*

I originally began this post in the middle of April. Although, on this site I didn't get any cruel comments, I did on another..and the people who made those comments related themselves to this board. Now whether or not it really was those people, I will never know, its amazing how hiding behind computers can make people so heartless..heh.

I therefore decided to stop posting and requested the thread to be deleted-we all know that can't happen. For this I am glad because what I write here is true and public knowledge and I don't think I should have to take it down because people choose to say I am having a fake wedding (yes that is what they said to me..nicely put).

SO I have decided to start all over again...Im going to write over my old posts...starting with my disclaimer in this one (:thumbsup2)

This is my story along with Mikes...if you don't like it-don't keep reading it....

and as Thumper said "..If you don't have anything nice to say then you shouldn't say anything at all.."

teddygurl28
04-14-2009, 06:40 PM
Players:

Meghan (me) 25- Disney Fantatic, overplanner, overstresser, OCD on way to much to name... I work full time at an insurance company where i met....

Mike (dbf) 29- Falling for Disney, Laid back, goes with the flow and whatever i want/need to do.

When Mike at I met at work, it was not love at first site, he wouldnt even talk to me, I assumed he was annoyed with the new kid-he claims he was just afraid to talk to me :lmao: im not sure ill ever believe him on that one....

We started casually dating around september/october 2006. He and I had both just ended relationships so we weren't looking for anything serious...and to be honest, prior to him I had never looked at any relationship as serious...I always felt I was the type of girl who would never get married...I never dreamed up my perfect wedding, never pictured the perfect dress and never knew what a diamond should look like or that there was more than one shape. So what we had was perfect.

Things became more and more serious as time went on..blah blah blah...we all know how that goes......

We went on 2 trips in 2008..first a cruise....
..and then I took him to Disney World...he had been as a child...but as he explains it, his parents took him and his brother as almost a right of passage...(like many parents do) so he didnt get the full extent of disney :sad2:

I tried to tell him what it would be like to go with me...I dont think he fully understood until we got there :rotfl2:

But he survived...and it was there that i asked him if we could have our honeymoon in disney and he said yes....

..and i knew we both meant it....

MegKate
04-14-2009, 06:57 PM
First off - I'm glad to see another Meghan on the board. Especially one who spells her name right! lol! Got to have the H! :lmao:and a Massachusettsian one at that!

Congrats on the engagement! I'm looking forward to reading your plans!! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM
Haha Yes Meghan with the H...i love when i say my name over the phone...people have no idea how to spell it..it usually comes out Megen....I am like ugh okay.......

...and my boyfriend LOVES the pats hes a season ticket holder!

teddygurl28
04-14-2009, 07:07 PM
We went away again in February of 2009, and again had talks of marriage.....apparently everyone here at home (my own mother included) thought i was coming home engaged....:scared1: news to me! but that was it...mike and i decided we were done toying with the idea and sat down with it all. We decided September 2010, and he told me to get an idea on rings so he would know what to look for.

Now remember that over obsessive planning thing? yeh full blown--i found the ring type i wanted and showed him....it was now mid march.
I also looked at a calendar of September 2010...and looked at the 18th, and i said thats our day...why? not sure but its just right...then i realized that the 4th is labor day, and the 11th is well the 11th..so that only leaves 2 saturdays in september that people will most likely want for weddings..panic set in....I explain this to my boyfriend, and he doesnt seem to fully grasp the issue at hand..

now we live RIGHT outside of boston..so churches and venue selection you would assume would be plentiful...well not for 300 people!!:eek:

so i kindly explain this to dbf again...half yelling like a crazy person, half reminding him this is why he loves me....so he lets me make an appointment with the priest to see what can be done about all of this and when we would best want to be engaged by in order to get the church for the date we wanted and all that fun stuff....

i meet with the priest and explain the situtation....and he lets me book the church date and time i want! September 18, 2010 @ 530pm :woohoo:

Kimmers127
04-14-2009, 08:56 PM
My boyfriend and I are not engaged yet, but are in the beginning stages of deciding to do a Disney wedding September 2010. (Lifelong dream is in the works, omg omg omg) I refuse to actually call Disney until I have a ring on my finger... but in the meantime I'm doing the research! We've lived together for a year and a half, have had our wedding date planned for quite a while now, just paying off a few bills before buying the ring. We'll definitely get engaged sometime this year but beyond that bf wants it to be a surprise.

Good luck with your planning! I'll definitely be checking back. :)

Kimmers127
04-14-2009, 09:04 PM
My boyfriend and I are not engaged yet, but are in the beginning stages of deciding to do a Disney wedding September 2010. (Lifelong dream is in the works, omg omg omg) I refuse to actually call Disney until I have a ring on my finger... but in the meantime I'm doing the research! We've lived together for a year and a half, have had our wedding date planned for quite a while now, just paying off a few bills before buying the ring. We'll definitely get engaged sometime this year but beyond that bf wants it to be a surprise.

Good luck with your planning! I'll definitely be checking back. :)

teddygurl28
04-15-2009, 06:28 AM
now dbf calls me, he left work at 345, im there til 5, so its some short time in between, its a tuesday, his jeweler just came back from diamond shopping in India. He picked out some good diamonds with us specifically in mind...mike goes to see him...yey!

Now mike has told me the ring is being made..but it will take approx 6-7 weeks

so it wont be ready until the end of may/begining of june

He is also trying to think of the best way/time to ask my father for permission/blessing...so any ideas from anyone would be great!

The last lovely bit of info is our honeymoon...as i mentioned earlier we are going to disney. We will go sept 20-29 and plan to stay at the beach club, we wont book until next years rates come out in august.

I won't do any further planning details until i have the ring on my finger because i want him and i to be fully involved together...although i do have our list of guests going...that will have to be altered but its like every time i think of someone i just write it down.....makes it easier (plus my brother was married in october so i just took my parents list from that)

teddygurl28
04-17-2009, 08:42 AM
I also want to say why i am posting this here-

I have loved disney since i was a little girl, and as mentioned earlier i NEVER dreamed of getting married. When mike and i made this decision, i had no clue where to turn to look for ideas or information. None of my friends are married, so this is very very scary/exciting/unique/foriegn territory to me.
However i use the disboards for my trip, my daily disney dose, and just to get through my day because its usually always a positive board. I remembered seeing the link to the honeymoon/wedding section and i thought i would link over to here.

If people think i really dont belong here then I am sorry but i feel i do

princess22
04-17-2009, 10:39 PM
YAY! Congrats on starting everything. Trust me, there isn't an order things have to be done in! DF and I did everything backwards (had the kid, set a date, then "officially" got engaged) We're all backwards.

But anyway, I can't wait to read more. And Yay for the 10 day honeymoon! So exciting. congrats again

teddygurl28
04-18-2009, 02:35 PM
YAY! Congrats on starting everything. Trust me, there isn't an order things have to be done in! DF and I did everything backwards (had the kid, set a date, then "officially" got engaged) We're all backwards.

But anyway, I can't wait to read more. And Yay for the 10 day honeymoon! So exciting. congrats again

thank you for your kind post..you have no idea how nice it was to come on and read that after just checking my email.....
as noted above i mentioned slowly putting together a website...well i signed up on the knot...just to see stuff..and i listed it as no ring yet..so it was no surprises .. no lies....and i just noticed yesterday that they give u a website to create...so my boyfriend and i thought it would be fun to fill out like the 3 things we knew...well then i had it posted here..but then randomly i got alot of nasty posts on the guestbook and some of it was related to the dis boards :sad1: of course i shouldnt have been upset but the comments were so rude and people had no idea what they were talking about..so i removed the link and protected the website so nobody can see it unless i give them a password...hopefully ill get past the tears it caused me....:sad2:
..yes i know everything seems backwards and odd...but if people were to understand how everything played out maybe they wouldnt have been so mean and cruel..people were saying how i was making up a wedding and forcing dbf into things :sad1: oy it makes me cry to think about it all over again

ok i need to stop thinking about it

***Thanks again for your support-I have decided to keep this thread open, your right that there is no set rules in how you are supposed to plan a wedding-so we are doing what works for us**

princess22
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I honestly don't think you need to close your thread here. From what I have seen everyone here is nice! I can't believe people would actually say things like that. It annoys me how mean people can be. I never understood why anyone would say nasty things about someone. I always tell my third graders maybe it's because they are jealous. Don't pay attention to anything they said. They are a bunch of mean people who have nothing better to do with their time. At the end of the day, you have the man you want to spend the rest of your life with :lovestrucand that is all that matters! Keep smiling, it will be okay:grouphug:

teddygurl28
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
ok i cant seem to post photos?
can anyone tell me how?

padisneyfour
04-29-2009, 08:19 PM
welcome and looking forward to hearing more as you go along with your plans. good luck and enjoy!:goodvibes

teddygurl28
05-06-2009, 03:28 PM
SO still on the unofficial thing....ive decided when it becomes official the rest of my posts will be in a pretty font--because thats usually what i do :rotfl: but i just thought i would write a little...we are expecting a guest total to be near 300, our wedding party will be 16 (8 on each side) and so we have started to toy with the wedding list now so we can get working on the venue almost as soon as we are engaged (next month..fingers crosssed!) dbf kept saying he didnt want it to be a work wedding, and i agree, although we do have a bunch of good friends from work...now he is naming people from his department and i dont even know them? hes like we can discuss adding/subtracting people we already have..and im like subtract who? yu are the one with the million people! and he seems annoyed with me..i try to remind him its our wedding, not his (shouldnt it be the other way around?!) and yet there is only one guest of mine that he doesnt know and shes been a friend of mine since i was 10, so i wont budge on her...meanwhile his excuse is if you invite one person from the department you have to invite the others because everyone is "relatively" close in age :confused3 im like im not doing that..if i dont know their last name im not inviting them just because we are inviting another co-worker they happen to be friends with...if thats the case id end up with the entire company! :lmao: ugh....i dont know maybe im over reacting..i probably totally am...its just stressful...hes a people pleaser, and so am i but i feel like im going to be the one to have to explain to him that we cant just invite the world:headache: what am i going to do when the real planning starts

...ohk vent over

teddygurl28
05-06-2009, 03:31 PM
welcome and looking forward to hearing more as you go along with your plans. good luck and enjoy!:goodvibes

thanks for stopping by!
srry i didnt get to that first, dbf just left the office so it was the first time i could get away from stuff
haha!

figment fan21
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I just found your PJ Meghan!!! :woohoo:

I'm so glad i did! Don't worry about anything DF and I talked about some of our wedding plans before actually getting engaged too because we had just bought a house and wanted to save alittle more. Nobody has the right to say ANYTHING negative if they dont know you and your situation personally. :snooty:

I'm proud of you for starting up another PJ and I can't wait to read more! :hug:

p.s. before DF realized that last time we went to disney in september he was insanely hot and miserable our original date was 9/18/2010.... good date!:thumbsup2

CinderelliT
05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Congrats on your engagement!! I'm so sorry that anyone said anything offensive to you. Everybody does things differently these days. I don't think old wedding rules still apply.

Don't feel bad about not having a ring either. My DH and I decided to get married long before we were officially engaged. We had a lot to talk about since this was a big decision! I can remember telling people that we were engaged, and they would grab my hand to look for a ring, and be confused or didn't believe me since I didn't have one. We eventually went ring shopping together so I could help choose the ring I wanted to wear for the rest of my life, and then he paid it off in full before he proposed. Don't sweat it. I would just focus on planning now!

It sounds like an awesome bash with so many people. I can't wait for more details.
:thumbsup2

teddygurl28
05-14-2009, 10:18 AM
thanks :) Thats why i like coming here...i feel much more relaxed and happy on this board!

well the ring is finished....now im just waiting for dbf to go through with his master plan....grr...i hate not knowing..im such an over planner....:rotfl2: anything being out of my control is not fun

Bride-to-be
05-14-2009, 11:01 AM
haha the surprise is the best part!!! Just wait it will come in time.

We talked about weddings for a while before we got engaged. I called DFTW in September and we didn't get engaged until nearly a month after that. So I don't think what you are doing is unusual at all.

Some people in life are just plain mean - they are. I would just ignore those people and always keep your chin up!

I can't wait to hear about the proposal story! Hopefully its soon!

DisneyBrideToni
05-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Hope you get your ring soon!! :goodvibes

figment fan21
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Oh I can't wait to see the ring!!! I'm so excited for you!:goodvibes

polynesianbride
05-14-2009, 06:06 PM
Just found your PJ and wanted to say "Hi!":flower3: So sorry people posted mean things on your other site:hug: Who says to be "engaged" you have to be wearing a diamond ring? That's just part of our culture. My friend is dating a guy from Romania and he tells me there they don't usually do diamond rings and down on one knee proposals. He said you get engaged when you make the decision as a couple that you want to get married and it's not a big production as we make it into over here. (Don't worry my friend isn't hoping for a big proposal anyways and she doesn't like diamonds:rotfl:) The point is that an engagement is more than a ring on your finger... it's a decision you've made as a couple to start your life together... and you've made that decision so congrats! Now, unlike my friend, I do love cheesy romantic proposals and diamond rings... so I'm hoping you get your ring soon and am excited to read all about it! Can't wait to follow along with your plans!

teddygurl28
05-14-2009, 07:51 PM
okay so i thought i would finalllly figure out how to upload a photo of us so here it goes!
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/disney%202008/P9020083.jpg

figment fan21
05-15-2009, 05:40 AM
Ok so really i swear you look so familiar....hmmmm..... i'm going to have to think about this. Did you ever live in saugus?

teddygurl28
05-15-2009, 07:29 AM
Ok so really i swear you look so familiar....hmmmm..... i'm going to have to think about this. Did you ever live in saugus?

no, but i have family friends there and hung around that area alot lol
be careful..last time someone told me i looked familiar to them i realized he used to be a customer at a tanning salon i worked at...he tottttally denies it, but im beyond sure of it...now when we all hang out he avoids talking to me :rotfl: so now im going to introduce you all to my baby...you guys have your dogs...i have my cat..who thinks hes a dog ...he doesnt leave my side lol ( PS hes 16 yrs old! but he doesnt act or look like it i dont think!)
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/disney%202008/P9030118.jpg

figment fan21
05-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Awe I love your kitty!!! The mickey ears are priceless!
Too funny about the tanning salon guy!:lmao:
I'm still trying to figure out where i know you from. I went to school at salem state and lesley college in cambridge..... long shot but i figured i'd ask. :laughing: It might just be that i've seen you around somewhere.

teddygurl28
05-18-2009, 08:01 AM
yeh hmm we probably have just crossed paths living in such a close area!

so dbf asked my father for permission to marry me!...or whatever it is that he asked....we were at my house movin g furniture and him and my dad were downstairs having a beer and i could hear my dads side of the conversation but not his....all i know is they were talking loudly about sports..then it got quiet..i heard my dad ask if it was today..then he joked about going to city hall and something about going up the ladder and taking the money and running with it...then he got off his chair ( to shake his hand dbf later told me) then it got eeerily silent...i was in the kitchen with my mom and i started laughing because when it got silent thats when i knew...my poor boyfriend couldnt understand some of the thing my dad was saying, im like dont worry nobody ever does.....

...but thats done...the ring is done....his friends all told me hes planning on doing it within the next couple of weeks.....so i just have to continue to sit here....calmly ... nicely ... grrrr!!! :rotfl:

figment fan21
05-18-2009, 12:08 PM
:yay::woohoo::banana::cool1::dance3::cheer2:

Yay!!! This is sooo exciting!!! I can't wait for it to happen for you!!!! So sweet of him to talk to your dad first. I can't wait to hear how he does it and all the details!!! popcorn::

Pirate's Princess
05-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Meghan! I finally found your PJ!! You and your DF look sooo cute!! And I almost burst out laughing when I saw your cat!! How cute. I love kitties and one of my cats won't leave my side. They actually fight over who can come into the bathroom with me! :lmao: weird, I know.

Don't worry. Df and I kept on planning before the "official" proposal. We picked out the date and the venues and everything...(and our kids and pets names, haha) of course we ended up moving up the wedding once "it" happened. I actually used to call him my virtual fiance, since we basically were. But I know how you feel about the ring and everything.

However, many women plan before the e-ring, its just unfortunate some people are just negative and mean.

I can't wait to read more. So are you going to have a disneymoon?

CinderelliT
05-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I love the pics! You guys are a really cute couple, and the cat with the ears is priceless. My cat would claw out my eyes though if I put mouse ears on him!:rotfl:

I'm anxiously awaiting the proposal story. I hope it happens soon.

tiggersam00
05-18-2009, 02:59 PM
OK just caught up, another MA bride yay!!!! Where in MA are you from Meghan?

Congrats on (alomst) getting the ring, I would've freaked out if I heard the conversation between your dad and your (soon to be:goodvibes) DF, how awesome! And how great that they get along so well, I bet your wedding will be amazing:goodvibes

Can't wait to follow along (oh and forget the haters:cool2:)

polynesianbride
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
That is a cute pic of you guys and I LOVE the pic of your cat! I have a cat too and I bought her the princess hat mouse ears but I can't keep it on her long enough to get a pictur:confused3e! Maybe I'll have to try again:lmao: Poor kitty:rotfl2: Sounds like everything is in place for a formal proposal... let us know ASAP when it happens and we want details!!!:thumbsup2

figment fan21
05-19-2009, 08:47 PM
popcorn:: waiting..... waiting.... waiting.... popcorn::

Stephie77
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Hi! Just read you PJ-i am sorry you had to deal with negativity from people. It is so not right for people to be up in your business like that. The girls on this board are awesome and would never judge. Cant' wait to hear about the proposal when it happens! Love the pic of the cat with the mickey ears:lmao: too funny!

teddygurl28
05-21-2009, 07:35 AM
:yay: hi guys thanks for reading! Sam, Im from Stoneham, its just north of Boston, but I work in Boston ( financial district on state/broad st) so i jsut say boston lol.

Okay so im going to go on a minor rant so dont mind me... I have one friend at work that i talk to about the sitation, but the rest of my friends, although are excited for me, dont want to hear it until i have the ring...so heres my deal......
as you guys know im hoping for it to happen in NYC.....dbf has made it clear that it wont happen there...almost too clear....we will be talking about our last vacation and how fun it was and he will blurt out that its not happening in nyc...and im like uh whats not? and hes like im not proposing to you there..and then its like okay we werent even talking about it?! ...i can understand him mentioning it to me once to not get my hopes up..but like 10 times?

then hes told me how my ring wouldnt be ready until may 30, and may 30 was the day he was going to talk to my dad ..well we know he talked to my dad, and he slipped and told me the ring was done ( hes now backtracked on that...and when i called him out he got all nervous and tongue tied)

then since we are flying and only going for like 2 days im like just pack a carry on we dont need that much stuff...and he was like no im just going to check my luggage blah blah blah...so i got annoyed bc it wasted time but whatever.....USUALLY he doesnt bring a backpack to carry on....but this time he was like ill just add a backpack to carry on my ipod. i touch camera and phone...i was like thats a waste, the flights an hour on jet blue they have tvs so no need for ipod, toss your phone and wallet in your pants and ill take the itouch in my pocket book along with your camera....and he was like so stubborn and adiment about having a pack...then he said he would need it for saturday to carry around in case he bought anything....
..uhh isnt that what shopping bags are for??

THEN last night he decides his father has a carry on bag he can use...he made some excuse that he thoguht his father was going to be away longer than planned so he couldnt use it....1) his father WAS NEVER GOING AWAY THIS WEEKEND .... 2) i got kind of snippy at him bc every time i tell him to do something he doesnt listen but if his parents tell him to do it its like gospel...and i was like you knwo someday you may want to listen to me i do tend to know what im talking about...and his response? "i just needed to listen to them on this one, you will understand someday"
:headache: what?!

i know im reading WAY to much into things...and i shouldnt get my hopes up...but how can i not ya know.....

ok end rant.......

figment fan21
05-21-2009, 07:31 PM
ok....

Speaking from experience, you're doing EXACTLY what every other soon-to-be bride that knows its coming does! :cutie: Most relationship begin talking about marriage and proposals so we all kind of expect it. You not only expect it but heard your future Df talking to DD!!! You got a double whammy girlfriend!:lmao: I kind of thought it was coming from my DF but the lovely TSA security at Manchester airport blew it for us when the ring went through the security xray machine and the guy monitoring the stuff said "huh... looks like someone is getting engaged on this trip." total A-hole but for me it then turned into ... "OMG when is he going to do it on the trip!?" I was sick for three days!:lmao: So i totaly know how you feel.

My advice is to relax, go to New york expecting nothing because you dont want to be let down and have that ruin your trip. You also dont want to be hitting every bathroom the city has because you're so nervouse. (I can personally describe every EPCOT and MK bathroom...i'm a nervouse pee'er:lmao:) If it happens awesome! If it doesn't you still had a great trip and still have the proposal to look forward to!

teddygurl28
05-22-2009, 04:10 PM
Ok so really quick ill give the full update when im home sunday night or monday but ...... im engaged!

figment fan21
05-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok so really quick ill give the full update when im home sunday night or monday but ...... im engaged!

I just read this and started jumping up and down screaming WOOHOO!!!!:banana::yay::rotfl2:

I'm so excited!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it happened!!! Congrats Meghan!!!!

MainStMandy
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
OMG I can't wait to hear!! Congratulations!

teddygurl28
05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
So Friday afternoon we get to NYC and I try and remind myself that hes probably going to propose to me and hes probably a nervous wreck so i should try and remain calm and not snap at him if he does something rediculous....but then again i was tired and getting a cold..so needless to say the morning was not going so great.

Mike and I get off the subway on Lexington and we start heading for the hotel...i ask him the name of it....he forgets for a few minutes....The Radisson....okay whats the cross street since the entrance is on the side street...no clue...meanwhile i keep running over my ankles with my suitcase :sad2:

we get to the hotel and check in..room is ready...yey ...we go upstairs....its someone else's room :confused3 back downstairs we go....finally we get it straightened out and drop our luggage off......and i want to go find food bc im STARVING...well we took a left not a right in trying to find food so now im angry and im like forget it ill die of hunger lets go to the zoo...its not like 2pm, and we have tickets to the Little Mermaid at 8pm that night.....
...we get to the zoo and mike is like oh the zoo cool atleast we know where to go once we eat :headache: did you not listen..of course not...i snapped and was like whatever......so he buys me an ice cream and we go to the zoo...i calm down as much as i can......

its now like 315 and hes like how about we go to the disney store for a few minutes then head to times square and take a walk around then get dinner at the olive garden then go back and get ready for the show....:scared1: no way i said we dont have time...pick what you want to do (side note this is like my millionth time in NYC, this is his second, and last time we went for a day...so i really like to let him pick because i want him to see whatever is important to him) and hes like no its up to you ill do anything.....gritting my teeth...NO mike you pick...and he was like fine lets go to the disney store...so im like okay, then i think in my head well if we go today we can probably spend a good chunk of time in there and may not have to go back tomorrow...so now ive started to calm down....at the same time i look down and i see his pocket BULGING...omg omg omg...i think im going to be sick...thats what kept going through my head..

..so we get to the disney store and hes like come up here and im like no i dont want my picture taken in front of it ( i hate photos) and hes like really are you sure? and im like mike seriously can we just go inside please...and hes like come on and im like mike seriously can we go in...
...then he gets down on a knee and said if you dont want your picture taken with me will you atleast say you will marry me.

:dance3:

omg no way omg omg Holy ***..yes...
....Now mike goes to put the ring on and he had to ask me to get off th grate because he was afraid he was going to drop the ring down the grate..and he got the ring to my knuckle and was like it doesnt fit....i moved his hand and slid it on, i was like uhm actually its loose :rotfl:

so everyone standing in that area of 5th ave got to see....

so thats our story....

teddygurl28
05-25-2009, 06:56 PM
so now im still in a weird state, i mean as much as i knew everything was coming and i was pretty sure he was going to do it im still suprised and its weird

and i dont know what to do with myself, i dont know where to start or anything...im just like uh

:bride:

lol

MegKate
05-25-2009, 08:17 PM
YAY Congrats!!! :goodvibes

figment fan21
05-25-2009, 08:23 PM
YAY!!!! :banana::yay::woohoo:

i'm so excited for you!!! I want to see the ring!!! post pics!!!:cutie:

You must be sooo excited.... It soooo doesn't matter if you expected it or not because until it happens it does really hit you. Its so funny how you saw it in his pants pocket and got nervouse. I saw it in DF's pocket too and I had to wait ALL day for it!!!:lmao:

Can't wait for you start planning!

DisneyBrideToni
05-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Congrats on your engagment!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

polynesianbride
05-25-2009, 09:47 PM
:goodvibesCongratulations!!!!!!:goodvibes

Pirate's Princess
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Congrats on your engagement! DF (also a Mike) proposed in NYC as well. But we stopped in the disney store afterwards, hehe.

Don't worry I can be "sassy" to my Mike as well.

Can't wait to hear all the wedding details.

tiggersam00
05-26-2009, 09:08 AM
congrats!!!

MainStMandy
05-26-2009, 09:36 AM
YAY! Congratulations!!! What a great story :)

teddygurl28
05-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Ok so the excitement is starting to wear off and its time for the planning...

i emailed about 5 or 6 venues today requesting info for their prices and packages....
.... 2 of them have already come back saying they are booked and the only available dates for saturdays that september are the 4th (labor day) and the 11th (we all know that)
:scared1: i called my mom in tears! im seriously already freaking out....

so i emailed the one place i fell in love with by photos and hopefully my date is open and if it is ill request to see it maybe this week and then go from there...we dont have numbers yet...we are waiting on df's family...
..now i totally understand its so fast, i wasnt expecting to really need to do this until sometime next month...
...but my 2 photographers i fell in love with are also booked....COME ON PEOPLE GIVE ME A BREAK!
its not my fault df was holding onto the ring and wouldnt give it to me :laughing:

so the stress is starting but ill be okay...ill figure something out....

edit----another venue is booked...the one i fell in love with

on a side note i have colors in mind (blue and silver) and i tried to ask df what he thought for colors...since he knows pink is my favorite..he said what about pink and white....and i said no white are you crazy! and he goes oh right its after labor day huh.....:rotfl2: i was like nononono only the bride wears white silly! he got all embarassed and told me not to ask questions if i was just going to laugh at him :rolleyes1 i couldnt help it he just looked so helpless when i was laughing at him

figment fan21
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
...but my 2 photographers i fell in love with are also booked....COME ON PEOPLE GIVE ME A BREAK!
its not my fault df was holding onto the ring and wouldnt give it to me :laughing:

so the stress is starting but ill be okay...ill figure something out....

edit----another venue is booked...the one i fell in love with

on a side note i have colors in mind (blue and silver) and i tried to ask df what he thought for colors...since he knows pink is my favorite..he said what about pink and white....and i said no white are you crazy! and he goes oh right its after labor day huh.....:rotfl2: i was like nononono only the bride wears white silly! he got all embarassed and told me not to ask questions if i was just going to laugh at him :rolleyes1 i couldnt help it he just looked so helpless when i was laughing at him

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You just had me cracking up!!! DF and I went trough the SAME thing when we were trying to plan a home wedding. And we started looking in Feb/March :sad2: Its crazy how fast these brides grab venues and vendors! What places are you looking at? If any of them are the same places we were looking at i might still have information on them.

And how sweet for DF to bring up using pink in the wedding... even if he didn't know you can have anyone else in white!:rotfl:

tiggersam00
05-29-2009, 10:01 AM
Congrats on picking a place! Thats a huge thing you have done, you must feel very releived! Where did you end up choosing btw?

LLLBelle
05-29-2009, 12:03 PM
Love your PJ so far, so exciting!

I don't understand why people have to be mean, I am glad you are continuing the PJ, it's good therapy :goodvibes

YEA for getting engaged, that is a cute story. :cool1:

Look forward to reading more. . .

figment fan21
05-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey guess where i was today!!...... give up???...... Stoneham! :drive:

DF's company he works for is based out of stoneham. He goes all over the place to do electrical work but every now and then he needs to check in with his boss. Since we're on vacation all next week he needed to leave his work van there to get serviced so i had to pick him up. When he got in the car i said "OMG meghan lives in Stoneham!" he goes "whose meghan??" :rotfl: I told him you were another DIS bride. I then started looking into all the cars we passed and he said "what are you doing??" and i said " looking for her!!! DUH!" :upsidedow

So yea, just wanted to let you know i was in your neck of the woods... hope you're not stressing too much today!:goodvibes

teddygurl28
05-31-2009, 09:09 PM
ok so i though i posted yesterday but apparently it didnt go through..

...haha so okay oh stoneham...gutta love it..yeh i think you mentioned the company a while ago? its on elm street? like 2 minutes up the street from me! (not suprising since stoneham definately isnt that big)
..i wouldnt have been there though, because i was too busy looking at my venue that i ended up choosing...Andover Country Club :banana::banana: I love it, its so pretty! im so excited!

And tomorrow im going to call the photographer that i want ... im so excited!!!!!!!

tiggersam00
06-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Ohhh Andover CC is beautiful!:goodvibes

teddygurl28
06-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Church- Check :thumbsup2

Reception-Check :thumbsup2

Photographer-Check :thumbsup2

yupyup thats right i got the photographer i wanted!! im so excited! i havent met her yet..hahaha i just booked her because i saw her work through friends and i know its what i want. I am so super happy you have no idea :banana::banana:

we are meeting with two Dj services that im excited about tomorrow night and thursday night.....then potentially another next week ( not thrilled about that one :surfweb:) so im guessing that will be booked within the next week
:woohoo:

then i think thats the big stuff for now......i can sit back and relax!!

teddygurl28
06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
DJ is Booked :rockband:

i started to look at dresses online today for fun

some of the disney line dresses are so stunning, i think i may take a look since a bridal shop not so far away from me carries the line

im glad i have the big things down. now i can sit back and relax and enjoy some time to take it all in and just be happy to be engaged :hug:

tomorrow is my company golf tourney....df and i wont play on the same team...he tees off first because he needs to play on the winning team...my team tees off last because we just play to drink and occasionally hit a ball.....i play with my fdbil ( i think thats right lol) yup thats right its a family affair at a company of 500 df and his brother work together and now im going to be family..we work for an insurance company and his parents own an agency that do business with our company.....weird i know...:laughing:

figment fan21
06-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow you are really moving girl!!!

Andover CC is sooooo pretty! I'm so glad you got the photographer you wanted and that the DJ is all booked too!

Have fun dress hunting! Make sure to post pictures if you try any on!

LLLBelle
06-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Yea! For getting stuff done! :thumbsup2 That's awesome. I'm glad you got the vendors you wanted.

teddygurl28
06-11-2009, 08:10 AM
okay so mike and i decided on mickey and minnie as who we will focus on for our disney theme on our wedding ::MinnieMo:mickeyjum

soooo i thought i would post some photos of some awesome stuff im going to be using!
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis2.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis3.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis5.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis6.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis7.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/disney-2.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/dis8.jpg

:banana: im so excited!!! i havent decided if i want to use the matching invitations or just use a plain more classic invite, but i have plenty of time to decide! also we are goign to use table names after either disney couples or disney characters ( i need like 25 tables so im not sure i can name 25 couples!!!!!) anyone have any ideas one which would be better? also on how to do the table names? i was thinking of finding photos of the characters and printing them and then thats when im lost....frame them? im not sure? :confused3

ok is this all too over the top?
i dont think so but i feel like other people will?
i mean the cake servers and champagne flutes and guest book nobody will see besides mike and i
...the save the date and thank you cards are before and after so those are seen seperately...
....so really all thats seen together is the table place card, the cocktail napkins, and the candy wrapper....

...i dont know im in love with it.....i think its classy since its all white/black and colorless its not crazy
..or am i crazy?!:rotfl2: (dont answer that!)

Debrn
06-11-2009, 08:47 AM
We are still waiting to see pics of you ring.

teddygurl28
06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
ohh yeh!
i took cute ones of it on my tinkerbell snowbaby ( too try and get a good look of it) ill upload them tonight!!!

teddygurl28
06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
ok here is a really grainy shot of my ring...taken on my cell phone on the side of the street in NYC shortly after it all happened

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/ring.jpg

teddygurl28
06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
ok as promised updated ring pics.....i tried to take them so you could see the ring lol

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/P6090116-1.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/P6090114.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/P6090116-1.jpg

LLLBelle
06-11-2009, 11:05 PM
I love the mickey and minnie theme is adorable. :thumbsup2 It's not too much, if that's what you want to do. I think couples or characters in frames would be cute, the same black and white maybe.

Your ring is beautiful.

figment fan21
06-12-2009, 05:48 AM
OMG LOVEEEEEEE the black and white mickey and minnie theme! :lovestruc So cute and classy! And your ring is beautiful... is that a princess cut center stone?

Ok as far as table names go I think we could do disney couples... let me thing....

1.) donald and Daisy
2.) cinderella and princes charming
3.) aurora and prince phillip
4.) snow white and prince charming (did he have a name?)
5.) lady and the tramp
6.) hercules and meg
7.) Wall-E and Eve
8.) Woody and Bo-Peep
9.) Pocahontas and John Smith
10.) ariel and prince eric
11.) Pongo and perdita (idk how to spell that dalmations name! :lmao:)
12.) Robin hood and maid marian (disney version of course)
13.) Beauty and the Beast
14.) Aladdin and princess jasmin
15.) Simba and Nala
16.) Tarzan and Jane
17.) Flick and Atta from Bug's Life
18.) Mike and Celia from Monster's Inc

I'm stumped! :confused: I will admit to using the magical world of google to look up some of the names of the couples. :cutie: So either we need someone else to throw in like 7 more couples or we need to sit more people per table! :lmao:

teddygurl28
06-12-2009, 09:05 AM
ohhh nope your list helped! i now have 27 table names!

( i added princess tiana and prince naveen from the upcoming disney movie...lol yes im that desperate!) also bambi and faline and peter and wendy....yuo get the picture!

i figure with the mickey/minnie stuff it seems like alot when i show it all at once, but in reality it will all be stread out. who knows, im just in love with it, :rotfl:

the stone is princess cut...my favorite :lovestruc

figment fan21
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
ohhh nope your list helped! i now have 27 table names!

( i added princess tiana and prince naveen from the upcoming disney movie...lol yes im that desperate!) also bambi and faline and peter and wendy....yuo get the picture!

i figure with the mickey/minnie stuff it seems like alot when i show it all at once, but in reality it will all be stread out. who knows, im just in love with it, :rotfl:

the stone is princess cut...my favorite :lovestruc

YAY!!!! I knew we could figure it out! :woohoo: Mine is a princess cut too! They're my favorite too! I told DF not to bother with anything else. Kind of mean but hey i wanted that princess cut!:laughing:

I really really love the minnie and mickey stuff though i dont think its too much at all.

LLLBelle
06-12-2009, 10:51 AM
I found a few more couples, some a bit obscure. But maybe it will give you options:

Giselle and Edward
Lightning McQueen and Porsha
Linguini and Colette
Thomas O'Malley and Duchess
Bianca and Bernard (The Rescuerers)
Eilonwy and Taron (The Black Cauldron)
Esmeralda and Phoebus (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Hercules and Megara
Mulan and Shang

The theme is awesome!

teddygurl28
06-13-2009, 10:10 AM
awawww you ladies are the best! i played around with a phot of mickey and minnie that ill print out and frame..but my printer that i print photos on isnt working grrrrrrr....so i cant see what it will look like...online it looks cool but im not sure in person how it will sit
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/mickeyandminnie.jpg

figment fan21
06-18-2009, 06:12 AM
awawww you ladies are the best! i played around with a phot of mickey and minnie that ill print out and frame..but my printer that i print photos on isnt working grrrrrrr....so i cant see what it will look like...online it looks cool but im not sure in person how it will sit
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/mickeyandminnie.jpg

I love this picture of minnie and mickey. I dont know why but i do! Where would you put the framed picture??

P.S. When are you going to be on your disneymoon??......

trudy88
06-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm not sure you can have "too much" Disney.

teddygurl28
06-18-2009, 08:33 AM
haha i agree there is no such thing as too much disney!

our disney moon is 9/20-9/29...although since im predicting a hurricane for my wedding ( my terrible luck) and DF and i work in insurance and we are on a dedicated CATASTROPHE team...we will probably be postponing that til who knows when :lmao:

okay im thinking colors....now...i know im getting married in september in new england...so fall right? no so fast....the calendar still says summer! :rotfl:.. i want pink! i have always wanted pink ( i have one oh so lovely BM telling me i picked september and fall so too bad i cant have pink...uhm no i dont think so!) but i really really want pink so i think a dark dark pink and gold will be really pretty?!
i found this photo of a pink and gold pallete and when i saw it, it screamed me and i took it as a sign that i needed to do pink and gold.....tell me you agree!
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/1886wedding.jpg

im also looking at blue and gold, or green and gold...now with the blue, im thinking more navy, but not sure about it yet....so these are two photos ive seen with blue and green....and the reason ive chosen gold, even though i much would have prefered silver is that the room is gold and light wood, so i thought it would look much more classic to use the gold in my colors than to try and clash it with silver

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/blueandgold.jpg http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/GreenWithEnvyInspirationBoard.jpg

ohk so im still thinking pink!

wish me luck tonight....im having dinner with mike, his parents and my parents ...it will be the first time both sets of parents meet!

oh and with the pictures of the characters, im thinking now of getting like those photo/note holders, and putting them in there, because i dont want someone to see the back of a picture frame :confused3 but then my mother thought of the clear arcylic type ones?
i dunno?!!

oh and yup lastly...day 3 of weight watchers....shoot me

MainStMandy
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
WOW I love everything!!! The table names are cute too!!

I know how you feel about colors!! I picked mine when I thought the wedding would be at SBP but now at the Pavillion I am not sure they work. I love the pink though!!

LLLBelle
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I love the pink and gold and if you want pink, go for it. It will be beautiful.

figment fan21
06-19-2009, 05:52 AM
OMG I LOVE the pink and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: And you are right... you're techinically still in summer... and even if you weren't still in summer you have whatever colors you want! Don't let that BM tell you any different!

teddygurl28
06-19-2009, 07:40 AM
WOW I love everything!!! The table names are cute too!!

I know how you feel about colors!! I picked mine when I thought the wedding would be at SBP but now at the Pavillion I am not sure they work. I love the pink though!!

arent colors the worst! ive just been slowly looking and its like missserable!
half of my stuff will just be embossed ( sp??) with gold writing so it wont matter anyways but still!!

teddygurl28
06-19-2009, 07:45 AM
OMG I LOVE the pink and gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: And you are right... you're techinically still in summer... and even if you weren't still in summer you have whatever colors you want! Don't let that BM tell you any different!

haha this bm lives in another state now too and she basically wont be around for anything...im just such a people pleaser at times that i want everyone to be happy (sometimes at my expense) my two closest friends are constantly reminding me its my wedding so what i say goes! oh if only i would listen!!

figment fan21
06-19-2009, 07:55 AM
haha this bm lives in another state now too and she basically wont be around for anything...im just such a people pleaser at times that i want everyone to be happy (sometimes at my expense) my two closest friends are constantly reminding me its my wedding so what i say goes! oh if only i would listen!!

Well from what i've learned... you can not and will not be able to please everyone. It stinks but it is reality. Its amazing what wedding do to people. I dont understand why but for whatever reason everyone gets crazy! Just know that colors won't be the only thing that people disagree on! Get your hater blockers ready! :cool2:

Anyway I really like the colors and i think it'll look so cute with the black and white minnie and mickey stuff. :cloud9:

LLLBelle
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Well from what i've learned... you can not and will not be able to please everyone. It stinks but it is reality. Its amazing what wedding do to people. I dont understand why but for whatever reason everyone gets crazy! Just know that colors won't be the only thing that people disagree on! Get your hater blockers ready! :cool2:

Anyway I really like the colors and i think it'll look so cute with the black and white minnie and mickey stuff. :cloud9:

I totally agree with you, people get crazy and you can most certainly NOT please everyone. You just have to do what you and your DFi want and compromise on things that don't matter as much. I'm a people pleaser too, but I learned real quick that I would have to fight for what I wanted. Colors are one thing you should not have to compromise on. . .although somehow I ended up with pool blue as my main color instead of the deep red and white that I wanted. . .

teddygurl28
06-28-2009, 06:39 PM
okay so im back, ive been slammmed at work lately, so i have been mia around here...ii still have to catch up on everyones PJs but i thought i would start on my own...so for starters i FINALLY decided, i am doing a deep pink ( if you used alfred angelo its called lipstick) and champagne gold. i have also started looking at dresses...i have 6 that i truly like right now..so i dunno...im going to post stock photos so you guys can see ( we forgot our camera so i only have them on my cell)

1.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/moonlight2704.jpg
2.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/moncheri25288.jpg
3.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotteroanastasia.jpg
4.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotterograce.jpg
5.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotterophillipa.jpg
6.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/christinawu5464.jpg

i think my favorites are 3 and 4 (both maggie sottero) but i wouldbe getting white not the colors shown

i still dunno about my hair lol, but i do know im going to have a tiara so probably an under my hair type veil

i dont know....im not doing anything wedding related right now, i dont know if i should be?! ifeel like i have so much time so i dont need to be doing anything, but then again if things end up being done rushed ill be so stressed...oh well!!! i guess i just need to go with the flow

figment fan21
06-29-2009, 06:25 AM
okay so im back, ive been slammmed at work lately, so i have been mia around here...ii still have to catch up on everyones PJs but i thought i would start on my own...so for starters i FINALLY decided, i am doing a deep pink ( if you used alfred angelo its called lipstick) and champagne gold. i have also started looking at dresses...i have 6 that i truly like right now..so i dunno...im going to post stock photos so you guys can see ( we forgot our camera so i only have them on my cell)

1.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/moonlight2704.jpg
2.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/moncheri25288.jpg
3.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotteroanastasia.jpg
4.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotterograce.jpg
5.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/maggiesotterophillipa.jpg
6.http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/christinawu5464.jpg

i think my favorites are 3 and 4 (both maggie sottero) but i wouldbe getting white not the colors shown

i still dunno about my hair lol, but i do know im going to have a tiara so probably an under my hair type veil

i dont know....im not doing anything wedding related right now, i dont know if i should be?! ifeel like i have so much time so i dont need to be doing anything, but then again if things end up being done rushed ill be so stressed...oh well!!! i guess i just need to go with the flow

I vote #3!!!! I love it! So pretty and romantic! :goodvibes

DisneyBrideToni
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
Beautiful dresses! I love 3, 4 and 6 but I think 3 is my favorite! :goodvibes

CDNTech
06-29-2009, 05:22 PM
#3 is my favourite... it's beautiful! :)

Pirate's Princess
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
3 and 4 are beautiful but I'm a sucker for straps for my vote is for 6!

teddygurl28
06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
i think i shold be brave and post the photos of me in the dresses
although if i do that only 3 4 and 5 will get posted...i think when i look at myself i veto 1 2 and 6 (although i was liking the sleeves...the way the dresses on 3-5 fit i felt like i didnt need sleeves)

teddygurl28
06-29-2009, 07:11 PM
okie here i go lol im going to post my fav 3 dresses..any thoughts would be helpful!!!! i heart my dis girls! i think without you guys id be so lost!!

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/274026900229.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/274026842117.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/274026798085.jpg

ok so thats it lol

LLLBelle
06-29-2009, 11:31 PM
My vote is for the first and last one of the "you" pictures. . .they look gorgeous! I think I like the first one thought, the neckline is really unique.

CDNTech
06-29-2009, 11:43 PM
You look so tiny in #3... err, #1 of the you pictures. It's absolutely gorgeous on you! :love:

tiggerrifficheidi
06-30-2009, 02:59 AM
I like 1 or 2 from your pics. You look great in all of them! I tried on similar dresses and it did not go well AT ALL!!:lmao:

polynesianbride
06-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I also vote #1 or #2 from the pics of you in the dresses! GORGEOUS!:thumbsup2

OceanAnnie
06-30-2009, 05:56 AM
I LOVE #1!! Beautiful. :goodvibes

figment fan21
06-30-2009, 05:59 AM
OK, seeing it on you I think i like number 3 now!!!! (the last picture of you in a dress)

teddygurl28
06-30-2009, 07:02 AM
hahaha do you like my face in that pic too...id been there for 2 hrs and there was another girl there that had tried on those dresses...and obv i couldnt try them on until she was done because in case she wanted to try them again and she needed to get the style numbers and all of that...well my mom kept being like i want you to try them and kept going to get them..i was like mom no not until she leaves! :lmao: i was going insane...so by the last photo i was like are you happy now!!
yeah im so torn those are like my 3...im going to another place i think friday, but i have a feeling ill come back to these 3 ( i always am a huge person of picking the first thing i see even though ill look a million different places) but this is hard, i know they say once you put it on youll know..but with all of thse i dont know i like the 3rd one bc its all lace throughout..but i like the first one because its just a little bit different...and the 2nd one is a different fit so thats fun...and the backs of all of them are just beautiful :scared1:
maybe ill just spin in a circle and whichever one i land on ill pick :rotfl2:

i think its funny because i never would have pictured this style for me! i totally thought i would be more ruffles and ballgown..but i tried some of those on and it just wasnt right for me...i looked frumpy ...now i just need to loose more weight lol no more late night mcdonalds i swear!!

teddygurl28
06-30-2009, 07:06 AM
OK, seeing it on you I think i like number 3 now!!!! (the last picture of you in a dress)

you have to be different dont ya!!

lol although im glad you like it ah i hate making decisions!

although we booked our engagement photos with our photographer for sunday september 13...the day before the patriots home opener so df cant get mad that im interfering with football
lol

..now to figure out where to take them...im thinking downtown boston but i dont know exactly where lol

figment fan21
06-30-2009, 07:12 AM
you have to be different dont ya!!

lol although im glad you like it ah i hate making decisions!

although we booked our engagement photos with our photographer for sunday september 13...the day before the patriots home opener so df cant get mad that im interfering with football
lol

..now to figure out where to take them...im thinking downtown boston but i dont know exactly where lol

:rotfl2: I'm sorry!!!!

I like them all but #3 is my favorite!

Good girl for booking the day BEFORE the pats game! :cheer2:

As far as where to take your photos maybe the north end?? You could alwasy stop in a Bova's Bakery after! :cloud9: Although that may not be good for your diet.... :rotfl2:
Or maybe near the aquarium or in the commons... so many choices. But I think the waterfront, northend area would be pretty! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
07-02-2009, 06:44 AM
so mike and i are at odds over his house right now...grrrr...he lives in a house owned by his parents...he enjoys it...me im like eh about it, it needs some work and we have done small things, and we only need to do a few small things but he is being a pain about it....i keep trying to explain that how would he feel if he were being forced to move into a situation he wasnt given a say on and he should just let me do what i want to do ( get a new kitchen sink, paint the bathroom wall..and well yeh the master bedroom has to be done) but enough about him he makes me mad....so to calm me down i started looking into our honeymoon again......ORIGINALLY we were going to stay all 9 nights at the beach club....but now ive been thinking what if maybe the first 2, or last 2 nights we stay at the contemporary or GF ( my dream resort :cloud9:)
but i dont know how split stays work? :confused3 we are doing the d.d.p and need tix and p.hoppers and all that so i dont know how to do all that....im going to go over to the resorts board...but if any of you lovely ladies have insight id take it!

figment fan21
07-02-2009, 07:11 AM
so mike and i are at odds over his house right now...grrrr...he lives in a house owned by his parents...he enjoys it...me im like eh about it, it needs some work and we have done small things, and we only need to do a few small things but he is being a pain about it....i keep trying to explain that how would he feel if he were being forced to move into a situation he wasnt given a say on and he should just let me do what i want to do ( get a new kitchen sink, paint the bathroom wall..and well yeh the master bedroom has to be done) but enough about him he makes me mad....so to calm me down i started looking into our honeymoon again......ORIGINALLY we were going to stay all 9 nights at the beach club....but now ive been thinking what if maybe the first 2, or last 2 nights we stay at the contemporary or GF ( my dream resort :cloud9:)
but i dont know how split stays work? :confused3 we are doing the d.d.p and need tix and p.hoppers and all that so i dont know how to do all that....im going to go over to the resorts board...but if any of you lovely ladies have insight id take it!

As far as the house goes, since you're moving into it you DEFINATLY should have a say in a few things. A coat of paint and a new kitchen sink isn't too much to ask for and won't cost alot either. So i say go for it on making the place more your style! :thumbsup2

For the split stay, here is what I DO know..... If you are doing a split stay let them know at check- in and i believe that they will move your luggage for you to your new resort. I was very concerned that we'd have to take one of the buses to get to the new resort and trying to do that with luggage is too crazy, so i asked once before and was told that they will definatly take care of luggage for you. But now that you mentioned the park hopper and DDP i have a new concern :rotfl: I dont know why i didn't think of this before now but i wonder how they'll do that since your room key has everything on it. There HAS to be a way to do or else nobody would do split stays. If someone gets back to you on the resorts thread let me know! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
okay so this is what i figured out would have to be done...
book room only reservations for mon & tues night at GF (theme park view)
along with 7 day P.H and Water Park tickets.
Book Beach Club (standard View) Wed-Mon
along with 1 day base ticket and Deluxe dining package (hopefully free dining)
This is having 9 days there...and 2 meals monday, 3 meals tues and 1 meal wed at the start would be without the meal plans ....even the other way around (doing the split stay the other way) i still have 5 meails without the dining plan....
but may be slightly cheaper not having to worry about the extra base ticket?

teddygurl28
07-02-2009, 06:19 PM
ok scratch that
start out mon-sun (book mon-sat night ) at beach club
book 8 day park hopper w/water park & more (I think!) option and Deluxe dining plan...check out sunday ( this way we are able to use dining plan on sunday) sunday afternoon check into grand floridian (theme park view!) for sunday night and monday...book room only...monday and tuesday morning/afternoon will be oop expenses for meals ( ill just plan ahead c.s)
also since it will be a room only ressie i can use AAA discount
leave tuesday...im only getting an 8 day hopper because one of the days we are going to go to mnsshp and the morning of we wont go to a park..thus that will b the 9th day.....also not sure if we need the water park and more option? since pi is closed and we wont go to disney quest? we could just put the water parks on our registry? oh decisions decisions?!?!!! what do you guys think of this revised plan?!!?

also when i get to g.f ill ask to have my p.h tix moved to that ticket

figment fan21
07-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Oh god i didn't know a split stay would be this difficult. I figured (although had no information to back it up) that if you told them what you were doing they'd transfer any Tix and DDP that you purchased to the next reservation by using your reservation numbers. Did the DISers on the resorts thread tell you all this info? I think i'm going to and find your thread on there if you did because i'm so confused! hahahahaha!

teddygurl28
07-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Oh god i didn't know a split stay would be this difficult. I figured (although had no information to back it up) that if you told them what you were doing they'd transfer any Tix and DDP that you purchased to the next reservation by using your reservation numbers. Did the DISers on the resorts thread tell you all this info? I think i'm going to and find your thread on there if you did because i'm so confused! hahahahaha!

i posted on a thread, and i didnt get a response to my question but i looked through several other threads and if you do a split stay they are two seperate ressies, so you cant carry over anything
..and if you want the dining plan you need to have atleast a one day ticket...sooo if you want dining plan at both part of your stays you may have to pay for a 1 day ticket on one ressie, and then your other ressie is where you can by your X amount of days...or you can figure out which would be the cheapest.....thats how i figured out if i skipped having the dining plan on the end of our stay it would be cheaper....
...you can however have tickets combined ( i.e. ill have my park hopper tickets added onto my g.f. kttw) so i wont have to carry a bunch of cards around....

Debrn
07-06-2009, 11:03 AM
Staying DVC you can book DDP the person you are renting from has to book it for you at least 2 days prior to arrival and you pay for it at arrival. Tickets for parks do not have to be purchased to add the dining. If you do a split stay you book a separate dining so you have the choice of doing DDP for part of stay or whole stay or change the type of dining. Adults 39.99 per night. Hope this helps. DEB

teddygurl28
07-06-2009, 02:01 PM
so i had to be difficult and want to stay at my dream resort :cloud9: its a good thing you cant book 2010 packages or mine would be a mess!!

ok so new plan of attack! im getting married on a saturday sooo...
we will leave sunday night ( fingers crossed that JB will come out w/ an evening flight..this september they have one leaving at 740...last year it left at 720..so im hoping for a repeater)
that way i dont waste time travling monday...so we arrive sunday night ..late...but okay (we took this last year after work and it was awesome)
Stay sunday night-saturday night at beach club
deluxe dining plan ( hope for Free dining!) 10 day park hopper/water park passes

Then sunday morning check out of Beach club and into....Grand Floridian :woohoo: because the dining plan credits wont expire until midnight on sunday night, we will still be able to use the credits on this day....The GF will be a 2 night (sunday night/monday night) room only and i can use AAA discount....and we will pay OOP for meals on monday and tuesday morning breakfast and lunch...then we will fly home tuesday night....

Ive never rented DVC---I dont know if i want to learn how to do it for this trip (although some of the BCV views of epcot look amazing!)
This is going to be costly, this whole wedding thing is costly...and moving out is going to be costly...
...oy since i still live at home with my parents its goign to be a shock to me. i mean right now i pay for minimal things (loans, car ins & gas, cc. cards, phone) but now i have to add in rent, and house bills....its going to be interesting for a while which is why i want this 10 day fantasy trip so i dont have to think about what im coming back to lolol :headache:

figment fan21
07-06-2009, 04:28 PM
so i had to be difficult and want to stay at my dream resort :cloud9: its a good thing you cant book 2010 packages or mine would be a mess!!

ok so new plan of attack! im getting married on a saturday sooo...
we will leave sunday night ( fingers crossed that JB will come out w/ an evening flight..this september they have one leaving at 740...last year it left at 720..so im hoping for a repeater)
that way i dont waste time travling monday...so we arrive sunday night ..late...but okay (we took this last year after work and it was awesome)
Stay sunday night-saturday night at beach club
deluxe dining plan ( hope for Free dining!) 10 day park hopper/water park passes

Then sunday morning check out of Beach club and into....Grand Floridian :woohoo: because the dining plan credits wont expire until midnight on sunday night, we will still be able to use the credits on this day....The GF will be a 2 night (sunday night/monday night) room only and i can use AAA discount....and we will pay OOP for meals on monday and tuesday morning breakfast and lunch...then we will fly home tuesday night....

Ive never rented DVC---I dont know if i want to learn how to do it for this trip (although some of the BCV views of epcot look amazing!)
This is going to be costly, this whole wedding thing is costly...and moving out is going to be costly...
...oy since i still live at home with my parents its goign to be a shock to me. i mean right now i pay for minimal things (loans, car ins & gas, cc. cards, phone) but now i have to add in rent, and house bills....its going to be interesting for a while which is why i want this 10 day fantasy trip so i dont have to think about what im coming back to lolol :headache:

This plan sounds very good! :thumbsup2 I'm going to tell you that i really think you should look into renting points for your stay at BCV. I'll help you out if you want, DF and I did it last trip and for the honeymoon. Just our weekend stay at BLT would cost us 1400$ if we booked through disney... renting points its only costing us 630$.... its a HUGE difference! If you decide to do it let me know! :thumbsup2

As far as moving out on your own... yea its scarey! I thought moving into an apartment was bad, but then came the house and home renovations :scared: My bank account has never been so low! :rotfl2: But now that the kitchen is done DF and I are in "super save" mode as he likes to call it and I have to say it is hard but its definatly do-able! just make sure to budget budget budget! it'll take a load of your mind and keep you sane! :rotfl2:

P.s. All i really care about is whether or not you'll be stalking my wedding... can i add you to the guest list?? :rolleyes:

LLLBelle
07-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Rent points if you can, it will save you money. We are renting points for BWV for our honeymoon and are saving a ton! Any questions you have, let me know, it was a pretty easy process, they have a whole thread on here about it.

teddygurl28
07-06-2009, 07:58 PM
OK so im thinking of renting points now
im looking into it...let me know if im looking at this right

points for a week at BCV or Preferred view at BWV is 105
so i was looking and one person was selling them for $13/point
so the room for the week is $1,365
Tickets for the 10 days is $668
2 days @GF (AAA) $966
DDP for the 7 days $1,010(72/personX7)
airfare $450 (guestimate)

$4,459

am i looking at this right?

because when i was doing it online it was like $6,000+

LLLBelle
07-06-2009, 09:35 PM

2 days @GF (AAA) $966

$4,459

That looks about right, however, don't settle for $13/point, I was able to get about $9.40/point for a BW view at BWV, you can probably get at least $10/point. When you are ready I would just put a thread up with exactly what you are looking for, including price, it makes it easier, you should be able to find someone who will take that price and just wait until you do, $300 bucks is $300.

You have a bit of time before you will be able to book since DVCs can book 11 months out for their home resort and 7 months out for all other resorts.

figment fan21
07-07-2009, 05:43 AM

2 days @GF (AAA) $966

$4,459

Good job grasshopper! We'll have you renting DVC points in no time! :thumbsup2

I agree with not setteling for 13$ per point. Last year we spent 10$ per point but the person we rented from was alittle hard to deal with and had never rented points before so we kind of rented on a leap of faith. It was very stressful towards the end there, I was afriad we'd get to AKV and be told there was no reservation for us.

For the BLT room we are renting for the wedding we at going to be paying 12$ per point but after speaking with the renter and getting a ton of good information from them it seemed worth it to pay the 2$ more per point.

No matter who you rent from make sure they post ALOT on disboards. People who've only posted 20 times usually are only on here to rent points and once they're done renting they leave. Also get references!!! You want to talk to people who've rented from them before and hear of their experiences. There is also a website that i'll PM you the link to that will let you do a search to find out if the person who is renting you the points DOES in fact own DVC. These are just ways to protect yourself and it seems like alot of work but i promise it isn't that bad and totally worth it when you're saving $$$$!:woohoo:

Even though someone won't be able to book it for you until 11 months out i'd throw a thread up there now. (thats what i did) and see if you get any bites. Just put in where you want to stay, the size of the room, the view you want, and your dates. Also write in there that you know you won't be able to book until 11 months out but that you just wanted to get a head start. :thumbsup2

Let me know if there is anything else i can help you with!!!

teddygurl28
07-07-2009, 06:48 AM
haha i was up for HOURS last night looking at it all

i do see that $13 is toward the high side...but i figure it at the 11 month mark thats all there is..its better than renting through disney :rotfl2:

i am still a little to nervous to post what im looking for...i think im going to search around the dvc board for some more
but im pretty sure this is the route im going to go now
thanks girls! as usual you girls know your stuff!!!

depending on how much rates go up for next year there is a possibility that we could even stay an extra night at the GF :yay:
so we would stay sun night -tues night and leave wed whoohooo :woohoo:

teddygurl28
07-07-2009, 07:46 AM
:rotfl2: so i posted on the board what i was looking for
i figured i might as well throw it out there ( like you said katie) even thoguh its early and see whats out there!

figment fan21
07-07-2009, 09:02 AM
:rotfl2: so i posted on the board what i was looking for
i figured i might as well throw it out there ( like you said katie) even thoguh its early and see whats out there!

:thumbsup2 Good job! I'm sure someone will send you a PM with some points! Keep me posted!

disdancer
07-07-2009, 01:28 PM
I have the same problem you do. We're disneymooning in may and want to stay at GF, but it's wayyy over our budget. We're probably going to go for a split stay. Good luck, it looks like you've got it pretty much figured out! :thumbsup2

figment fan21
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
How's it going?? Any bites on your post yet??popcorn::

teddygurl28
07-08-2009, 06:52 AM
How's it going?? Any bites on your post yet??popcorn::

im going to start off by laughing......why? "Reason for edit:adding popcorn face" :rotfl2:

sadly-no....i guess its to early ? 5 people ...well ok 4 people have read the post...i emailed one person, she is renting for $10...however she said her points were for this year, so that doesnt help me...yet.....this person has very few posts, and only posts to rent ..but shes from MA so thats kind of intersting lol....so who knows that may pan out in the end...
....then there is always the person who is selling for $13 ( plus i think the 3% on paypal :confused3)

but its early...im just eager!!!!

figment fan21
07-08-2009, 07:14 AM
I knew you'd like the popcorn face! :rotfl:

Anyway I know the feeling of being anxiouse! If the women with the low amount of posts is from MA find out where and see if she is willing to give you all her contact info. That maybe something you can research and do well with. I'd pursue that alittle bit more... just incase! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
07-08-2009, 07:48 AM
okay...so im slightly stalkerish..and i have access to some outlets at work...
...:lmao:

She does own 2 units at BCV (if that makes sense?) i looked that up in the county website

she lives on the north shore..i wonder if i drive by her when i drive to fiances house?!

shes got FB! :happytv:

:surfweb:

figment fan21
07-08-2009, 08:35 AM
okay...so im slightly stalkerish..and i have access to some outlets at work...
...:lmao:

She does own 2 units at BCV (if that makes sense?) i looked that up in the county website

she lives on the north shore..i wonder if i drive by her when i drive to fiances house?!

shes got FB! :happytv:

:surfweb:

I Love it!! Good work sherlock! :thumbsup2

That might be an awesome renter... And if shes on the north shore give me her address and i'll stalker on my way home from work! :rotfl2:

teddygurl28
07-10-2009, 08:12 AM
okay guys i need your awesome dvc renter expertise

i emailed another person who posted for me...she has the pts available $12/pt ...which isnt bad...esp since this years food and wine festival started in september, you have to figure its possible it will start again the same weekend

here is my question
so $12/point X 105 points = $1,260..do i then add the 12.5% tax? so its $1,418?

and also, are there other fees that i would pay for? i know i could be asking the person i am potentially renting from...buttttttt i feel much more comfortable asking you girls lol :thumbsup2

MainStMandy
07-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Nope...don't add tax. It's just the price per point! Congrats !!

teddygurl28
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Nope...don't add tax. It's just the price per point! Congrats !!

:woohoo: yey! thats great!
the person seems really nice, she has a contract to send, and its 50% now, 50% due 60 days prior to arrival. she also explained that she has a vacation home in orlando that she recently purchased which is why she doesnt use her DVC as often
.....since we definately are able to rent points mike and i also have decided to buy our park tickets this week ..ahead of the rumored price jump ( i know its only 5% and that comes out to a whopping $50..but hey thats like breakfast at CP! :tigger:)

i know i know i should be doing wedding stuff...but every time i try and go like dress shopping for myself or bridesmaids ...none of my bridesmaids are around....(except for my sil....she is always willing to help...i should appreciate her alot more than i do :sad2:)

it seems like every time i want to talk wedding at home no-1 wants to hear it from me ..i know its a ways off and i have the big stuff done but still..its kind of like this is a HUGE step in my life...you think someone would be interested in wanting to talk to me and help me...since im cluless as to what i should be doing lol....:rolleyes1

figment fan21
07-12-2009, 03:29 PM
:woohoo: yey! thats great!
the person seems really nice, she has a contract to send, and its 50% now, 50% due 60 days prior to arrival. she also explained that she has a vacation home in orlando that she recently purchased which is why she doesnt use her DVC as often
.....since we definately are able to rent points mike and i also have decided to buy our park tickets this week ..ahead of the rumored price jump ( i know its only 5% and that comes out to a whopping $50..but hey thats like breakfast at CP! :tigger:)

i know i know i should be doing wedding stuff...but every time i try and go like dress shopping for myself or bridesmaids ...none of my bridesmaids are around....(except for my sil....she is always willing to help...i should appreciate her alot more than i do :sad2:)

it seems like every time i want to talk wedding at home no-1 wants to hear it from me ..i know its a ways off and i have the big stuff done but still..its kind of like this is a HUGE step in my life...you think someone would be interested in wanting to talk to me and help me...since im cluless as to what i should be doing lol....:rolleyes1

Girl you got me!!!! :cutie: I know the feeling of people not wanting to talk about your wedding. Its a stinky feeling and sadly there is nothing you can do about it. But thats why we're on the DIS and ready to help you in all your wedding stuff! So let talk Centerpieces!! What are your plans for those?

I googled gold and pink centerpieces and i found this inspiration board. I like the centerpiece... what do you think? It looks easy enough too!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/instyleweddings_pinks_3.jpg

teddygurl28
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
i do like that centerpiece!

i suppose i should get working and see whats out there and determine what it is i want :rotfl:

im just so cluless!!

oh well the upside to being sick today-my wishes! cd came today :thumbsup2

figment fan21
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Yes you definatly need to get cracking girlie! :banana:

I'm going to do some more searching for ya when i get home. Maybe after we decide centerpieces we can move on to your bouquet! :rotfl2:

PeytonSdiz
07-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Hi. Just catching up with your PJ so here are my comments as i'm reading.

I think that all of the Mickey/Minnie stuff you posted might border on "too much." I think a lot of it is really cute but I don't know if I'd use ALL of it.

This dress.......
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/274026900229.jpg
GORGEOUS! It looks fantastic on you!

...................i think its funny because i never would have pictured this style for me! i totally thought i would be more ruffles and ballgown..but i tried some of those on and it just wasnt right for me...i looked frumpy ...now i just need to loose more weight lol no more late night mcdonalds i swear!!

I don't think you need to lose any weight.
Isn't it funny how we tend to like one style in photos but then once we try on different dresses we change our minds? I never thought I'd want a halter neckline but my mom convinced me to try one on and I LOVED it.

Colors...I know you love pink. But have you considered pink and green? I think green would help it seem a bit more "late summer/early fall" but it would still have a lot of pink.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/2458125644_01732459cd.jpg?v=0

I love these shades of pink and green together. They are classic but still fun.

http://abbyjean.typepad.com/style_me_pretty/images/2008/04/29/color_palette_pink_and_green.jpg

teddygurl28
07-13-2009, 06:04 PM
wow i never even thought to adding another color into the scheme...im so uncreative its not even funny so alot of this stuff is a challenge to me !
when i see other people's ideas i think how great things look, but i could never come up with it on my own

i've started to look at some bouquet styles
but it seems like every time i look at something and mention it to someone at home i basically get told who cares lol

so i just bookmark things for later...i need to start posting stuff here!

PeytonSdiz
07-13-2009, 06:22 PM
wow i never even thought to adding another color into the scheme...im so uncreative its not even funny so alot of this stuff is a challenge to me !
when i see other people's ideas i think how great things look, but i could never come up with it on my own

i've started to look at some bouquet styles
but it seems like every time i look at something and mention it to someone at home i basically get told who cares lol

so i just bookmark things for later...i need to start posting stuff here!

I just went to google images and typed in pink green wedding and tons of photos showed up.

figment fan21
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Oh yea just google image anything and you'll find it!!! What types of flowers do you want in your bouquet??

teddygurl28
07-14-2009, 08:13 AM
okay so i have to thoughts to post
a bridal bouquet
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/flower.jpg

only im thinking with darker pinks?

and a possible hair style

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/hair.jpg

but then again i dunno
im not always a fan of my hair up
so i may need to rethink that......

MainStMandy
07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Ohhh I love that hairstyle!! VERY pretty!!

figment fan21
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
I love that HAIR!!! :lovestruc Very elegant!

PeytonSdiz
07-14-2009, 10:00 AM
If you aren't a fan of your hair up you could always do a half up/half down.

LLLBelle
07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I love the hair! I'm partial to all up, but you have to do what you feel comforable in.

We'll listen to you. . .so post away! :goodvibes Because it will be here before you know it.

teddygurl28
07-14-2009, 11:48 AM
for my brothers wedding i had my hair in a side swept ponytail...i could always do that again.....my thing is ill end up throwing it in a pony tail if i leave it down ..i always do when im dancing :lmao: so id probably be better having it up....the other thing i like about this style is the front part of the hair isnt pulled straight back is to the side ( not that you can really see it :rolleyes1)
i just feel like i look like a boy with my hair up hahahaha

i have so much hair so whatever i decide to do with it--there will be lots of hairspray and lots of bobbypins :rotfl2:

figment fan21
07-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm going back and forth with the same hair issue! I wanted my hair down, then moved to a half up half down style... but i ALWAYS have my hair up! even when i do it down for work or going out, i have a "go to" elastic on my wrist and by the end of the day its up! We're going to have to brain storm alot on this one!:scratchin

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 06:56 AM
i officially quit planning....sooo i tell my mom about adding color to the wedding (the pink & green centerpiece is eye catching and i kept going back to it) and she doesnt understand why there would be more than one color in a wedding :confused3 and shes like well a florist or someone would explain for you what to do..im like but i wont meet with a florist until after i pick out colors and do bm stuff and half my other planning...
...oy now we see where i get my uncreativeness.....:sad2:

so i tossed and turned all night thinking about colors ( maybe not pink?! ) and bridesmaid dresses and what will fit in the room....
...needless to say i have a major headache ...so i got a bagel with extra butter and a 20oz bottle of coke for breakfast...so not on my diet ( which to date i have lost 6.2lbs! yey !)

im going to my hair dresser on saturday for a regular highlight and cut so im going to find out about the wedding packages (ie when to book) and also what she thinks i should do with my hair ..maybe she can help :rotfl2:...im also going friday ( BY MYSELF) to look at bm dresses..just for styles and colors...that way i can get an idea of whats out there...tehn ill take a few girls back and give them some options...i think it will be a disaster if itake them and say go have fun :scared:

hmmm what else did i decide while i didnt sleep?
oh yeh i need a vacation...im going away to maine the 27-31..but that isnt good enough...i want to go to my condo in ft myers for a few days ( and maybe take a road trip?! :rolleyes1 its only 2 hrs!) but df wants a few days to take off to play golf....uh hello?! anyone seen the weather around new england?! its like rain...rain...oh and thunderstorms lol who knows
maybe a few days away from home will be good although no internet so my dis interaction will be limited to IF i get any cell reception

well i think thats all my sad rants for now

im pretty much back to square one
church (somewhat check)
reception hall(check)
photographer (check)
DJ (check)
Honeymoon (in the process of check!)

and thats all......

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 07:08 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I understand you completely! Honestly alot of people dont understand weddings in this day in age. DF's parents eloped with their best friends up in north conway so to her our wedding seems rediculouse so believe me i understand!

I recommend sleepy time tea made by celestial seasons (it has a bear sleeping in a rocking chair on the box) It helps me sleep when i'm too busy freaking out about wedding planning. :rolleyes:

DF said something to me yesterday when i was having my meltdown and it was some great advice so i'm going to share it with you.... "If we do it ourselves not only will it be exactly what we want but we'll feel more accomplished when we see the final outcome." If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself basically. It would be ideal to have our families and friends help us out but it looks like that isn't going to happen for some of us.

I like the idea of the pink and green, its very "in" and if you wat my opinion just make sure the green isn't a pastel green. Make sure its a bright bold green like disbridetoni's colors. I also likes the pink and gold too, i think its very classy and unique. Both are totally different "looks" so it depends how you want the feel of your wedding. Green and Pink for more fun or gold and pink for more elegant and romantic.

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
lol i feel like when one of us is up---the other is down
its a no win !

MainStMandy
07-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Lol you, Katie and I might have to start a club!!

I totally hear you about colors. I don't know why it's so stressful...too many choices and great looks I think. Df is tired of talking about colors. Remember though, this is your (and df's) wedding...not your mothers. Lol, trust me...I get it. But ultimately it's what you want. What does your df say??

i think you are smart for going BM shopping by yourself. I didn't have that problem since I only had a Moh BUT if there were more in the wedding, I would have done the same thing.

I love love love the pink and gold idea. I had even decided on pink and green for a bit...if you have a few hours go through my PJ lol. I think those three colors would be beautiful. You could do champagne/ivory colored linens. You have so many options.

Hang in there...everything will get done!!

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Awe sweetie really none of us is "up" We're just trying to make the best of things and not look like crazed wedding maniacs! :lmao:

Do some searching around and look at some inspiration boards. They helped me out ALOT! You just have to tackle one piece at a time. Its very hard to get overwhelmed with all the decisions that have to be made. Just because you're going to look at BM dresses doesn't mean you have to know what your colors are. Just look at styles for right now so when you do decide on a color you know which dress you want.

we'll all help you! don't worry!

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Lol you, Katie and I might have to start a club!!

I totally hear you about colors. I don't know why it's so stressful...too many choices and great looks I think. Df is tired of talking about colors. Remember though, this is your (and df's) wedding...not your mothers. Lol, trust me...I get it. But ultimately it's what you want. What does your df say??

i think you are smart for going BM shopping by yourself. I didn't have that problem since I only had a Moh BUT if there were more in the wedding, I would have done the same thing.

I love love love the pink and gold idea. I had even decided on pink and green for a bit...if you have a few hours go through my PJ lol. I think those three colors would be beautiful. You could do champagne/ivory colored linens. You have so many options.

Hang in there...everything will get done!!

ahhaha i know every time i go into your PJ im about 3 pages behind and 10 color changes behind ! and its only been a few hours...i dont blame you though..its so hard! and its like this once in a life time thing that i want to be so perfect

DF? is too into telling me how he got asked to play in a second softball game that he went to awtch last night then even ask what i did last night :sad2: he never wants to talk wedding and when he does he wanted an ice luge at one point and then wanted to make like football towels for people to wave around when we enterd :guilty:

and some of my 8 BM are too opinionated to take ( thankfully also live in far away states!) im emailing one right now the photos of some dresses lol..she just tells me what she liks but reminds me its my call...i then have to remind her that she along with the other girls are the ones who have to wear them and look decent in them!..i dont want them uncomfortable and unhappy in them...but im not going to not get something because 1 person is unhappy...

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
popcorn::
drom roll please
so i may try to make some sort of board tonight but....a good friend of mine at work thought...
what about navy and champagne...with my pink flowers :confused3

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 12:44 PM
popcorn::
drom roll please
so i may try to make some sort of board tonight but....a good friend of mine at work thought...
what about navy and champagne...with my pink flowers :confused3

Oh then you'd be a color twin with me!!!! My colors are navy and fuschia! Go check out my inspiration boards on my pages and see what you thinK! :woohoo:

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh then you'd be a color twin with me!!!! My colors are navy and fuschia! Go check out my inspiration boards on my pages and see what you thinK! :woohoo:

i tried to find your inspiration board and couldnt find it :rotfl2:

im going to keep searching

we could be color twins!
my only thing is i dont know if fuschia would be too bright of a pink for me for around here in the fall ( according to certain bridesmaids :cool2:)

p.s. i found it !!!!!

maybe ill talk to my creatively challenged mother tonight to get her thoughts........

MainStMandy
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/chrissymarie98/nauticalpinknavy.jpg

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0029347/large_image.jpg

http://www.bridalbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/inspiration10.jpg

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 01:26 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c31/chrissymarie98/nauticalpinknavy.jpg

http://media.theknot.com/ImageStage/Objects/0003/0029347/large_image.jpg

http://www.bridalbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/inspiration10.jpg

ha i saw that middle one! i think for a lover of all things pink its even too bright :guilty:

but the top one is amazing!

p.s. does anyone else see the rope in the first ins. board?!

MainStMandy
07-15-2009, 01:45 PM
ha i saw that middle one! i think for a lover of all things pink its even too bright :guilty:

but the top one is amazing!

p.s. does anyone else see the rope in the first ins. board?!

:lmao:

Your TYING the knot :lmao:

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM
its stilll creepy!

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 03:17 PM

Your TYING the knot :lmao:

See now i thought that was too obviouse and was going to say that it looked like a nautical themed wedding and it was a boaters knot

its stilll creepy!

Either way it is creepy! :lmao:

I am going to snag some of those inspiration boards!! Thats what i'm going for anyway but i'm going to go search... i'll post in a few mins with some more!

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 03:27 PM
ok so i know it isn't Navy but what about a muted pink like in these boards with navy?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/ChocolatePinkTurquoiseStoryboard-1.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/0884134ebfdb91ecc0f91a932d10546b_m.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/2d370d937773abc3600bee1bad863dc7_m.jpg

ok the last one is alittle more bright... bu the first two :rolleyes1

LLLBelle
07-15-2009, 07:55 PM
ok so i know it isn't Navy but what about a muted pink like in these boards with navy?

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/ChocolatePinkTurquoiseStoryboard-1.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/0884134ebfdb91ecc0f91a932d10546b_m.jpg
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/2d370d937773abc3600bee1bad863dc7_m.jpg

ok the last one is alittle more bright... bu the first two :rolleyes1

Love that blue and pink combo! But those are my colors with touches of mango orange :goodvibes

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 08:30 PM
ohhhhh i love it all!!!

so i talked to my mom and she loves the navy/pink combo!

she was actuallly looking at navy for her dress :lmao: sorrry mom!!

also i found the color im looking at for shoess/accessories..i keep saying champagne/gold..its hard to explain so i was able to find a place that you can pick the color of the shoe and then see what it looks like ..soo here it goes...I i actualy like the shoe but they are like more expensive then a bm dress!)
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/shoecolor.jpg

teddygurl28
07-15-2009, 08:43 PM
oh and also.....
i got home today and saw a lovely brown envelope sitting on my kitchen table...

MY WDW PARK TICKETS CAME TODAY
:banana::thumbsup2:love::wizard::dance3::dancer:pa rty::ccat::tink::mickeyjum
OK yall get the point
..one has goofy ( happens to be mikes favorite disney character...or was for his entire life until recently he thinks he may like mickey more .. but isnt sure ? :eek:)
.. the other has minnie :cutie: she was my favorite growing up, and well is always my favorite... i have an obsession with Tink..i wont lie...but Minnie :love:
...so i thought that was cool...ya know?!
..but now i have to hold on to them for 14 months...grrr

figment fan21
07-16-2009, 05:59 AM
ohhhhh i love it all!!!

so i talked to my mom and she loves the navy/pink combo!

she was actuallly looking at navy for her dress :lmao: sorrry mom!!

also i found the color im looking at for shoess/accessories..i keep saying champagne/gold..its hard to explain so i was able to find a place that you can pick the color of the shoe and then see what it looks like ..soo here it goes...I i actualy like the shoe but they are like more expensive then a bm dress!)
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/shoecolor.jpg

Yay we're color twins!!!! :woohoo::yay:

I like the color of your shoes! I totally get waht you're saying... its like a light champagne... almost shimmer-y (if thats a word) I love it!:thumbsup2 Now we can compare all kinds of stuff! I'll steal your ideas and you can steal mine! Oh steal is such a harsh word... how about borrow?:laughing:

Ya know what the bouquet i want is acutally pink calla lilies with this creamy colored roses maybe that could tie in with your shoe color!
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/weddings-calla-roses-candy-bridal-b.jpg
See?? I want mine to be white but you could do that with the color they already are and it would match.... I think.. :confused:

oh and also.....
i got home today and saw a lovely brown envelope sitting on my kitchen table...

MY WDW PARK TICKETS CAME TODAY
:banana::thumbsup2:love::wizard::dance3::dancer:pa rty::ccat::tink::mickeyjum
OK yall get the point
..one has goofy ( happens to be mikes favorite disney character...or was for his entire life until recently he thinks he may like mickey more .. but isnt sure ? :eek:)
.. the other has minnie :cutie: she was my favorite growing up, and well is always my favorite... i have an obsession with Tink..i wont lie...but Minnie :love:
...so i thought that was cool...ya know?!
..but now i have to hold on to them for 14 months...grrr

:banana: TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Thats so cool! Minnie is my favorite too! I can't believe we both have to wait so long to get there! Can't we just get married already?! :rolleyes:

MainStMandy
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Oohh I love that color combination!! And those shoes....I LOVE THEM!

teddygurl28
07-16-2009, 07:39 AM
okie ladies-
now i have another issue

i always assumed i would have a white dress....eeven when trying on i said i would order in white
...but now? :confused3 would the white dress stand out?

or do i continue to be the only thing in white :rotfl:

oh what would i do without you girls on this board
seriously

MainStMandy
07-16-2009, 07:53 AM
okie ladies-
now i have another issue

i always assumed i would have a white dress....eeven when trying on i said i would order in white
...but now? :confused3 would the white dress stand out?

or do i continue to be the only thing in white :rotfl:

oh what would i do without you girls on this board
seriously

Have you tried on white or ivory dresses yet? The white dresses were not as nice on my skin tone as the ivory...you may be suprised. If you do go with white, I would make sure the shoes are a bit darker champagne...or join our club and go with PINK shoes!!

figment fan21
07-16-2009, 07:57 AM
My gown is diamond white which is in the middle of white and ivory. You could always try wearing that color. The difference is very subtle but its there.

You HAVE to wear pink shoes! I love that so much!

teddygurl28
07-16-2009, 08:52 AM
well i was thinking of that shoe color for my bridesmaids

id end up with white shoes...or pink! that would be awesome!! ( although ill truely end up in flip flops)

ive tried on white dresses and since im always tan the white looks good on me....the dress that i love is actually in a light gold..but they sell it in white, diamond white, or diamond white over light gold lol

PeytonSdiz
07-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I really like the Navy blue/pink stuff that was posted on the previous page. I think it looks classier than the teal.

teddygurl28
07-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I really like the Navy blue/pink stuff that was posted on the previous page. I think it looks classier than the teal.

yeah i think teal would be too summery looking ... also... i just think navy and champagne together will look nice and a pink will make it pop

ohhh and i was just on the main page looking at a page on the bulk candy..and i saw the set up of the candy area on of the girls had...and now my hair dresser had that for her wedding...the favors were chinese take out boxes (obviously nice ones not real ones but shaped that way..ok im getting off topic) and she had tons of candy set up and people could just fill up the boxes with anything they wanted.....i think...

i so want to do that! i mentioned it to df via email and he said yes...but i need his reaction in person..so t-minus 1 hr til we leave work and walk to the train and ill find out :rotfl2: ... i also mentioned it might be $$ so he said he would talk to his parents :thumbsup2 .. this is typically how i know hes into something...so i could be on the right path!

PeytonSdiz
07-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I remember seeing those "take-out" boxes when we planned our wedding. Very cute. We were on a budget though so we went cheaper with just tulle circles tied with ribbon (and filled with candy.)

I think all shades of white/ivory/whatever work for weddings so whatever you choose will be fine. I'm super pale so an ivory would have looked better on my skin but I really wanted white (I'm very traditional and always dreamed of a white dress) and I knew I'd regret it if I did anything else. But I have seen some gorgeous non-white dresses on brides before. You really can't go wrong with whhatever you choose.

figment fan21
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I love the idea of a candy bar! DF think we're going to do that for our at home wedding reception. I'd rather that than one of those favors that get throw in someones kitchen junk drawer!:rolleyes1

figment fan21
07-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I just saw your facebook post!!! I was details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teddygurl28
07-18-2009, 08:06 PM
ok so here is my story....in the end..i still need you guys to give me opinions on bridesmaid dresses..

so the weather today was SUPPOSED to be rainy and my moh and i decide we were going to look at bm dresses....i had a hair appointment at 10, so at 1130 i went and picked her up and it was cloudy so we figured it would stilll be a crappy day all around. we go to a bridal store up the street from me and end up trying on about 12 dresses....we narrow it down to about 3 but we werent totally crazy about any of them....in the end we decided to go upstairs so i could look at bridal gowns...the woman helping us was asking me a million questions about what i was looking for..but i told her i jsut wanted to look i wasnt planning on trying anything on...so she left me alone...then my moh found this dress and i was like ohhhhh its prettty :cutie: so i took that and another dress and went to the room...i was like hmm lets try the prettiest one on first...so i put it on and we clip it up...and i walk out to a side mirror ( meanwhile my saleswoman is totally MIA..downstairs somewhere)....and I was in love :love:..
...another lady came over and found my saleslady and they got me a slip and a veil and put me in a bigger room with huge mirrors and a pedestal
...at the point when she put on the veil i looked at my moh and was like im either going to cry or be sick :rotfl2:
so here it is :cloud9:
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/myweddingdress.jpg

you arent supposed to take photos there but my moh has a pic on her camera so ill have to get it from her

it looks amaaaaaazing on ( of course im going to say that lol :rotfl:) but it really really does

its amazing because i really wasnt planning on looking at dresses and i definately wasnt expecting to find "MY" dress...but i couldnt be happier

of course i come home to tell my mom and show her...and shes like well i have to see it on..i dont like the jewel. im like uh i dont care i love it....she kind of ruined my mood ( more to come on that later )

teddygurl28
07-18-2009, 08:18 PM
now we went to another store to continue looking at bm dresses...i really want tea length ...even though im having a night wedding and my dress is really detailed lace and very elegant and eyepopping looking. my mother thinks everything looks like crap and wants me to do long..and i made the comment that "we" want tea lenth, and she said who is we..and i said me and the girls, and she said well its your wedding not theirs so its not what they want...and i was like yeh no kidding but I want tea length..and shes like well you should just have a morning wedding then because it looks foolish...
...:sad1: talk about ruining my mood...i started crying and didnt even want to make my dinner anymore ...yet she doesnt see anything wrong with what she says...( she also doesnt see anything wrong with what she said about my dress i picked out)...i mean i know im going to get comments from everyone about the wedding and i cant make everyone happy..but my own mother is being the worst everything i say she contadricts... she doesnt like my dress because of the jewel, she doesnt like tea length for the girls it looks not elegant enough, she doesnt like the candy buffet idea because people may not understand it (and she came up with some rediculous other favor idea that i HATE)... she didnt plan her wedding when she got married -her mother did- its like im sorry you didnt get to plan yours, but that doesnt give you the right to try and plan mine and then destroy everything i have i want to do :sad2: on top of it all any time i try to talk to her about it..all she says is its to early maybe other dress styles will come out or why order it now its too early maybe you will loose alot more weight....grrr.....okay sorry way off topic...

...so my moh and i saw two bm dresses that we love....they would be in navy...but we havent narrowed it down yet...so opions are welcome!

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/bridesmaid1.jpg

i like this one because it seems a little bit more elegant but still flirty fun

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/bridesmaid2.jpg

and i just like this one

MainStMandy
07-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok first of all, that dress is just gorgeous!!! I know how you feel...my mom didn't LOVE my dress at first. But it comes down to what you want. You are going to have look back at those pictures.

Second of all...I LOVE the BM dress!! My moh is wearing a tea length dress and I don't think it's any less formal!!

It sounds like you had a lot of fun dress shopping! Can't wait to see pics.

figment fan21
07-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Awe Meghan :hug:

I know this feeling all too well. Its your wedding you do what ever YOU and your future husband want.

I love your gown! I can't wait to see the pictures of you in it! I like the jewel on it, i think those are so beautiful! :goodvibes

I like both BM dresses! If you do the first one i'd do a sash around the waist. I really really like the second dress, I think it'll be lovely in Navy! :goodvibes But both of them are very pretty and i think your right that the first one is more formal.

Pirate's Princess
07-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Love those dresses!

teddygurl28
07-19-2009, 04:00 PM
ok so there was a 3rd dress my moh tried on..that i loved...the problem...its long...but i love it...i think i want my girls to get it...i asked them if they would hate long dresses and noone seemed against it..what really it was was that its my wedding they will do what i want...whether or not they are happy about it im not sure :rotfl2:...but this dress is a pretty front and the back zips up but has buttons down the top back half...i could have them cut to tea length IF i wanted too...so thats an option..so this is the dress....i think i may go with this one....
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/bridesmaid3.jpg

...atleast my mother will be satisfied

the other thing to look at is now even though i would want the bm shoe color to be the same the shoes may not have to match exactly..

PeytonSdiz
07-19-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm assuming your mom is probably around the same age as my mom. I think their generation sticks to traditional things and out-dated "rules" a lot of the time. So I wouldn't worry too much if she thinks tea-length can't be for an evening wedding. Do what you want and don't worry about "rules."

figment fan21
07-20-2009, 05:52 AM
I have to say that I like that dress too! All three of them, I think, would go great with an evening wedding.

teddygurl28
07-20-2009, 09:34 AM
yeh i dont listen to her "rules" i just get so frustrated!
i think i need darker hate blockers lol :cool2:

but i think i just love this long dress i think it will compliment my dress a little bit better than a tea length dress just because my dress is sooooo detailed ( i honestly dont think there is an inch of material that isnt covered with something)

i hate being the most indecisive person in the world!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

the only things i know
1) im in love with my dress
2) i want to go to disney daily

LLLBelle
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Your dress is gorgeous! That third dress will look nice with yours, you are doing the bm in navy, right?

msGAJeepgurl
07-22-2009, 09:37 AM
First let me say this, you are the first DISBride I've ever felt a connection with. Maybe its the issues - I can relate, maybe its the Sept wedding and Disneymoon, maybe its just we rock. :cool1:
HAH so I am going to hijack your report temporarily but its all in love and happiness :lmao:

Dresses: I love # 3, but that last one is gorgeous. Trust me, I bough mine from a Tux shop wearhouse sale....and it made me cry. That was enough for me.

BM Dresses: your wedding, your choice. :rotfl:Be mindful of $$, but beyond that who cares about the rules?!?!? Tea length is perfect so long as you arent doing a super formal, everyone attending must wear a ballgown and 3 piece tux.

Colors: I like the Pink, I like the gold/champagne color, I like the idea of doing a darker color for "fall". What about mixing a dark teal (blue & green teheh) with the Pink. Using gold accents, i.e. vases, table overlays, napkins, etc?

Your momma: first and foremost :grouphug: I know how it can be. My momma feels since she and DD are paying, they have the right to chose everything. And then when she tells me to chose, but I chose what I want not what she was thinking she gets pissed. I promise it will all work out - drink booze, it helps. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

YAY now I'm caught up on your PJ :thumbsup2

teddygurl28
07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
First let me say this, you are the first DISBride I've ever felt a connection with. Maybe its the issues - I can relate, maybe its the Sept wedding and Disneymoon, maybe its just we rock. :cool1:
HAH so I am going to hijack your report temporarily but its all in love and happiness :lmao:

Dresses: I love # 3, but that last one is gorgeous. Trust me, I bough mine from a Tux shop wearhouse sale....and it made me cry. That was enough for me.

BM Dresses: your wedding, your choice. :rotfl:Be mindful of $$, but beyond that who cares about the rules?!?!? Tea length is perfect so long as you arent doing a super formal, everyone attending must wear a ballgown and 3 piece tux.

Colors: I like the Pink, I like the gold/champagne color, I like the idea of doing a darker color for "fall". What about mixing a dark teal (blue & green teheh) with the Pink. Using gold accents, i.e. vases, table overlays, napkins, etc?

Your momma: first and foremost :grouphug: I know how it can be. My momma feels since she and DD are paying, they have the right to chose everything. And then when she tells me to chose, but I chose what I want not what she was thinking she gets pissed. I promise it will all work out - drink booze, it helps. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

YAY now I'm caught up on your PJ :thumbsup2

hijack away! :thumbsup2

i put my dress on at teh store again and still love it, i got all nervous putting it on so i took that as a good sign..then the lady basically made me a barbie doll and she and one of my bm's played dress up on me :bride:
a decision has been made that i cant wear a necklace or it will take away from the dress..normally okay right? welll i have this birthmark/mole on my neck that i hate..now its always visible but i feel when im wearing a necklace its like hidden ( even though its clearly not) now my doctor has once already said she would remove it, even thoguh its non cancerous because the effects of the sun could be dangerous and with my history and my luck i should get it removed...so now im thinking ugh maybe i should, so thats something that im going to have to speak to my doc about next time i see her
...and yes im that ocd about things i will have a mole removed for my wedding
...back to the dress its an "impressions" dress style 2977..incase anyone is interested lol im still waiting to get the pic from my moh from our day at the store

the red dress posted above willl be my BM dress

so i figure okay i can relax now..right? NO
...hair and make up has to be booked in september. now im making my girls get their hair done at the salon with me its $60 i have to pay half now the rest is due the day of...im going to toss it on my CC and have the girls pay me the $30 sometime within the next 3 months ( thats plenty of time to come up with $30 i feel)
..my issue is w/ the make up..i want the make up professionally done..and i have good valid reasons...some of the girls will go way overboard and look like they belong in a certain type of club and others will show with no make up on...so i want it professionally done..my dilemma is do i make them do it at the salon with me and pay $50...do i make them do it at the salon and i pay as part of my gift? or do i say it needs to be professionaly done you can do it with me or do it on your own and i just need to know whos doing it?
:confused3

also im going to get the girls jewlery to wear with the dress..i think?
and since i have 8 girls...yes 8..in case anyone forgot im insane...so i have a family jeweler on both sides now :cloud9: that i can go too...but my father reminded me i need to go within the next couple of months because if anything needs to be ordered it could take some time :scared1: i dont know what to get!
ah

also back to a funny story..when they were dressing me up at teh store i told the lady i wanted a tiara for sure ( bc i know i do) but not a huge one just minimal, which apparently it wont look so good because my hair is blonde and it wont stand out (uhm yeh im not buying the big gaudy expensive one get over it) and so she asked me how i was doing my hair..i was like uh im not totally sure yet and tehn she kind of leaned into me on how i should know that because it makes a huge difference on what im going to be buying...i was like well im not going to be buying any of the accessories until later anyways..but its like come on i dont know how im going to wear my hair tomorrow nevermind next september :rotfl:

engagement photos are september 13-no idea what im wearing for that :sad2: just know that they will be in boston...still not sure where in boston.....are you guys catching the theme of this post....

its like im still in an up mood and excited im just SO LOST

im going to maine for the week starting monday..so that will be nice..no nothing up there..just the lake and the house ..no internet..minimal cell phone..basic tvpirate:

ok im done ranting....

teddygurl28
08-02-2009, 02:36 AM
okay so im going to update the post name but its still a rant..but i need serious help..i think i know what i want to do ( ok i know what i want to do...but...) so i have 8 attendants...2 of them right now are issues.
... lets start off with att.
#1. lets call her S. S has bowtox on her lips and and eyes and is on drugs and just got kicked out of her house..she needs to order her dress like this month/next month and this month i need to speak with her about her hair make up ( im paying for make up but they pay for hair)
#2 is the one i have been complaining about all along..she didnt want pink when i want pink, now that i have picked the long dresses (COMMON for most weddings she is complaining to the MOH about alterations) also she is complaining babout price in general..MOH said about $200...they will be $180after discount and tax..i asked all my bm and moh about getting hair done togather and gave them pricfe of $60 and they said ok..she said can go i on my own for $30 or so? i wnt to say ok..but then again shes the only one? NO its my day suck it up...eat in one night...but then i feel bad saying no out loud...but shes *****ing behind my back..also she is saying if it were her and her wedding she wouldnt have #1 in her wedding...( so okay when you get married dont....)

teddygurl28
08-02-2009, 02:43 AM
my problem is im a people pleaser.... i dont want to hurt these girls or lose them as friends, but at the same time..i dont know how valuable as friends they are...i just quit...lol....i have left messages and i will wait to speak with both of them.....im going to lay everything out and let them know that if they arent committed to this and don't have the time ( or money as appears to be a large issue for bm #2 ( i call her M) ) then thats ok and they can come as guests and leave it at that....oyyyy......back to the drawing board :rotfl:

figment fan21
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
ok i'm going to be getting on my soap box now....

first of all, when someone asks you to be in their wedding there are things that you need to take into account before you say yes or no...

first... money... as sad as it is, it is absolutly something you need to take into account. If you can't afford to be in someones wedding there is nothing wrong with declining and letting the bride and/or groom know that money is tight and that you'll just be attending as a guest. I think the bride and/or groom would be appreciative to know that upfront then later down the road.

Second... time... you can not be in someones wedding if you do not have the time to dedicate to it. simple

third... class... yes i said it, class! Being in someones wedding means exactly that, you are in SOMEONE ELSES WEDDING! Unless you have something positive to add to wedding planning dont say anything at all. It isn't about you or any of the other people in the bridal party its about the groom and bride. If you dont like the dress you have to wear handle it with class, if you dont like the usher your paired up with or the bridesmaid standing next to you handle it with class.

Ok i'm done now. I know that you like to be a people pleaser because i am one too but this is about you and your guy! Dont let anyone else ruin it for you... honestly if someone is going to be a jerk about it how much to you want to keep someone like that as an important person in your life?

p.s. DF and I drive to stoneham all the time for his work... i'll stand in as your bridesmaid :rotfl2:

LLLBelle
08-02-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm sorry about your BM issues, and I know how you feel.

I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, so there is a greater cost involved with travel and such. (which is irrelevant because our one MOH and Best Man flaked)

I am a people pleaser two, but there has to be a line with compromising. If you want their hair done at a certain place, that's what you want, for $30 for an updo, I'm not quite sure what you would get :confused3

I would come out and ask them if they are seriously going to be able to commit. I asked my childhood best friend (of 17 years) to be my maid of honor and thought it to be a good idea at the time. She said she was good and was excited about it. I talked to her here and there on AIM, mind you she is in Jersey and I'm in AZ. She never really asked about the wedding, but the one time I talked to her I could hear the anxiety coming out in her voice about traveling down there and booking her rental car and such. Her mom was also getting into her head about the money. I had one of my other friends tell me that she is not taking her anxiety meds right and freaks out about everything. Then when she had lied to my mom, I had enough. So six months before the wedding, I had to force her into to talking about it and tell me that she could not make it. In the end, I just let her go and she didn't even realize the position she put DFi and I in, since we were spitting a house.

Just remember that if they are giving you issues now, you have a long way to go until you get to your wedding, you want someone standing with you that is going to be supportive and care about you. Not sit there and talk behind your back. If they don't have the money, they don't have the money. You could still invite them to the wedding, but maybe the responsibility of being in the bridal party is too much.

Okay, I'm stepping off my soapbox. It is your decision in the end. We just want you to be happy. :goodvibes

teddygurl28
08-02-2009, 01:09 PM
thanks girls :goodvibes i think when i write everything out it helps too, it lets out some frustration! I am calm to a point since i have time, but i unfortunately do have to have the dresses orderred and hair and make up apps. booked by next month (crazy right!!!) so i figure ill talk with them and get straight answers and whichever way it goes thats what it is

you would just think that planning is so much stress ( lots of fun but stress at times) that you would think your BM's would be there to help you and not hinder the process....:sad2:

nothing is ever normal or easy with my friends lolol

teddygurl28
08-02-2009, 02:51 PM
on a happy note...i just booked the grand floridian for the last 3 nights of our honeymoon....:thumbsup2 yeye for 2010 rates!
:woohoo::yay:

figment fan21
08-02-2009, 03:13 PM
YAY!!! I'm so glad you got it booked!
Lucky duck!

teddygurl28
08-03-2009, 09:38 AM
onwards and upwards :wizard:
most of my girls are fantastic..hands down, i asked them about hair and make up...one is getting both done by her SIL (fine by me as she works for MAC and does hair phenominally)...another (actually my SIL) is getting her hair done by her cousin who is a hairdresser and does great work..and will get make up done with me...the other 4 are all getting hair and make up with me...and well we know the issues with me lovely additional 2....LOLOL :rotfl:

so i found another hair photo that i like..similar to the one i posted before...http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/AAAAAnAccfIAAAAAADxG9g.jpg
the front of my hair i think i would do like sweep bangs...so that way i dont look like a boy

im not sure if i would do a viel or not? i mean i would only wear it for the ceremony? i think i do want one? but then i dunno if its worth it?
i so want a tiara :bride:

teddygurl28
08-04-2009, 08:03 AM
so i spoke to both of my girls last night...the one who is complaining about costs didnt mention it to me once...when i told her the cost of the dress would be aroudn $200 she said thats what she was asumming all along...:confused3 in my head i was like whatever...that was her chance to talk to me about issues she may have been having...but since she swept it under the rug then i cant do anything about it....at any rate im going to continue looking for BM dresses...im nervous about the store that i have been thinking about using..they have really bad reviews...so i think i dont want to use them...soooooo that gives me some more time......the other girl called as well with her new phone and i went over app. stuff with her and told her the dress stories as well and shes all set...i figure with her shes paying for the dress and shoes and actually she is goign somewhere else for hair and make up so if she flakes between now and the wedding im not really out any money on her (besides a bm gift..which hey ill just keep for myself :rotfl:)

annnnnnnnnnnnnd i started making my disney honeymoond registry :banana: disney always finds a way to make a not so fun day bright...hahahaha i love it

i feel like im back on track again :thumbsup2 ill talk to my make up artist on thursday, i have to make hair app on sept 12, my engagement shoot is sept 13...i know the dress i want ..i just need a place to buy it :rotfl2: ill find a bridesmaid dress somewhere..i know i will (and now that im not going to use this other place i feel more comfortable with having more time)

now i dont know what i should be doing...? oh yeh...waitng for DF family list....:headache: lolol

figment fan21
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM
as far as a veil goes, i got mine for CHEAP! it was only 22$ on ebay with free shipping i might add!!! :lmao:
So if you want one but dont see it being worthe the money i'd look on ebay and other internet sites, the veil i got was the same one i saw at DB but they wanted something rediculouse for it... like 200$ because it is catherdral length. Or you can just borrow mine and drop it off at the BLT front desk and i'll pick it up when i check in! :wizard:

As far as the BM's go... you did what you needed to do now its kind of a waiting game so dont worry about it for now you have plenty of time to deal with them alater

And YAY for starting your registry!!! I'll hafta get you alittle something! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
shopping spree yey!!!!!
so i was not in work mode today..instead i bought a dress and a shirt for my engagement photos.....
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/ephoto.jpg and http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/ephoto2.jpg
...my mickey garter! http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/garter.jpg
..and lastly flip flops to wear during the wedding...heheehe http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/weddingflip.jpg

just because i wasnt motivated to do work doesnt mean i wasnt motivated to do anything else! :wizard:

figment fan21
08-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok love that dress and top!!!!

Mickey garter is ADORABLE and those flip flops are to die for!!!

I love online shopping!!!

LLLBelle
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Gotta love hardly working, when your working hard at online shopping!

Great finds! The dress and shirt are adorable. Yeh for starting your registry!

teddygurl28
08-06-2009, 06:47 AM
so i am bidding on a pair of earrings..although i havent officially bought my dress i know i am definately getting it so im okay with buying accessories..lol...although not a hair piece yet because im not 100% on my hair..but that an entirely seperate topic lol...anyways im bidding on these earrings
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/earrings.jpg

right now im the highest bidder but it doesnt end until tomorrow...also the store im buying from has 6 in stock..so im hoping if i get outbid they will give me a second offer ( i know places *sometimes* do that) or i will make them an offer...because i really love these earrings and they wouold go perfect with my dress...they would really compliment the jewel that is in the center of my dress.....grrri reallly need to get the photo of me in the dress from my moh

oh yeh and im not wearing a necklace...so thats why im excited about these earrings ..there is alot of detail in them and they are a decent length ( i think...4") so they should really do the trick!

figment fan21
08-06-2009, 06:53 AM
love love love those earrings! :thumbsup2 They're perfect for that dress! I hope you win... watch it like a hawk! :surfweb:

MainStMandy
08-06-2009, 09:05 AM
shopping spree yey!!!!!
so i was not in work mode today..instead i bought a dress and a shirt for my engagement photos.....
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/ephoto.jpg and http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/ephoto2.jpg
...my mickey garter! http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/garter.jpg
..and lastly flip flops to wear during the wedding...heheehe http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/weddingflip.jpg

just because i wasnt motivated to do work doesnt mean i wasnt motivated to do anything else! :wizard:

Oh that's the dress I was going to get for my e-pics too!! Good taste!

teddygurl28
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
i thought i saw it somewhere before :rotfl2:

i definately wont look like that model in it though hahahahahaha

figment fan21
08-07-2009, 05:56 AM
all i want to know is.... DID you WIN the EARRINGS?!?!?!?!

teddygurl28
08-07-2009, 07:52 AM
well okay so ...i didnt win the earrings the auction is still open...BUT the seller has a bunch of them..so i sent in a best offer to them..and im waiting to hear from them to see if they accept or what they are willing to accept...so there is still a chance
im hoping :cutie:

teddygurl28
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
i bought the earrings!!! the seller and i went back and forth but i finally got them for a price i was comfortable with! and they shipped :cool1:

now onto more pressing things....a new moon teaser is coming out today :happytv: and im obsessed with the new miley cyrus song :rotfl2: ( yes im 25 its okay....)

okay back to wedding planning.....
...well no...im at a standstill...my parents decided they wanted to add 6 more people to their list because its only 6 more people righT? that brings our list up to 205...WITHOUT df parents list....:sad2:
...hence the miley nod up top..if i werent listening to her catchy new song i would potentially be upset....but instead im dancing at my desk ..oh and planning a long weekend in january to florida to take a break ahahahha..i just dont care anymore..its too early for me to care..everyone seems to say its too early for me to plan...so im taking a back seat for now...

figment fan21
08-13-2009, 05:52 AM

You either sound really excited or deleriouse!

I'm glad you bought the earrings and i can wait to see them! so take pictures missy! popcorn::

You are going to have one crazy wedding guest list! I dont think i could get up infront of that many people :sad2: But coming from a large italian family it would ABSOLUTLY become that and would make DF's family look tiny!

teddygurl28
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
delerious

i had an AWEFUL week at work so i havent posted here...i had some jerk tell me i was rude to him on the phone ( i sound like 10 on the phne and my yelling voice sounds like a yapping dog how can i be rude?!) and hes going through managers galore and his agency to make sure everyone knows about it...the down side to this all is i have been crying my eyes out for 3 days....i think mainly im stressed about wedding stuff and it came out this way...the upside every single manager knows me and knows i am never rude no matter how much i may want to be so im not in any sort of trouble...and the agency is mike's parents...so his mother (fmil) got the call from our company about the complaint..and her only concern was for me and how i was handling things..not the jerk on the phone...but ive just been kind of down bc of it all...ive stepped way back from planning...it seems like when i try to talk to my mom about it her answer is "you've got plenty of time" its like she isnt fully supportive and any idea of mine she doesnt like and i try to remind her its my wedding not hers she just throws it in my face that shes paying for....on top of it all mike and i dont live together..my parents thing..they say if they are paying im living at home until the wedding..so ok i casually brought up how id be moving my stuff in around end of next august/labor day and they flipped ! like no way andthen they said they would move my stuff when i was in disney---well i said NO im moving my stuff i want to be settled before hand...then my mom was just like we can cancel the wedding no need for a wedding if your living together..i was like ok moving my stuff there 2 weeks before the wedding i wouldnt concider living together..but i didnt argue i changed the subject bc its a year away its not worth it to fight over...so hence the whole stepping back from planning....still havent heard from the church...dont know what to do on that...i lately have been thinking did we rush on the venues....if nobody is going to be supportive then i would have said screw everyone and done this all in disney my way...but deposits have been put down by my parents....

....ugh why does it always seem like my posts are so negative! this is supposed to be happy times :rotfl2:

oh well off to country fest tomorrrow pirate:

figment fan21
08-15-2009, 02:41 PM
Awe meghan you sound really stressed hun. I think its a good idea to take a step back from wedding planning. Dont worry about that jerk on the phone. I get mean people all the time, and i know it can totally ruin your day/week but you hafta let it just roll of your back. Apparently that guy was having a bad day and needed to take it out on someone.

Go have fun at country fest and de-stress!

teddygurl28
08-18-2009, 08:10 AM
so i bought a tiara off of ebay too :lmao: im still waiting for that and my earrings to come in i cant wait til they do ill post photos soon!

so i have the most randomest question...i havent been to a character breakfast in ages...since i was 8...i know the characters come around to the tables..but how to you go about getting your picture taken with htem? are their handlers there? can they do it? im very VERY excited about character meals this time around but it got me thinking i have no idea how they work..... :confused3

teddygurl28
08-18-2009, 11:31 AM
ohhhhh and mike said if he and i go to ft myers and january for a week we can take a couple of days and drive to disney...we would drive up very early and spend 2 days and 1 night ( probably just at one of the values) and make it a short trip...we figure i can get my fix in until we go again in september
:ccat:

figment fan21
08-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Ok so YAY for a quick disney trip... so jelouse!

As far as character meals go... I LOVE THEM! I would never be able to get adam to take pictures with them otherwise so its perfect for us! The things with pictures is that, if you check out my facebook pictures, alot of them are of one of us with the character and then we swap. A couple of times if the waitress was around she took picture for us and once a dad at another table offered to take our picture. We didn't really push it to have people take our pictures a few other families at tables around us did so you definatly can find someone to take your picture.

HTH!

teddygurl28
08-19-2009, 08:25 PM
hahaha so i need to upload the photos...butttttt the earrings are a no go! they came in and are very nice...but HUGE :eek: they pull my ears down and go from my ears to my shoulders! :rotfl2: :lmao:
ill try to upload them tomorrow....but yeah needless to say im returning them....

and thanks for yur help on the character meals katie! i just couldnt for the life of me remember!!!!

teddygurl28
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
okie so here are the massive earrings that i returned today....

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/P8190145.jpg

LLLBelle
08-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Very pretty earrings, but they are definitely ginormous. If you wore those your ears would probably be on the ground by the end of the night. :laughing:

Yeh for a Disney Trip!

figment fan21
08-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok wow.... are those chandelier earrings or a chandelier for over your dinning room table?!?!?!

They're really pretty buti agree that they are just tooooooo big!!!

teddygurl28
08-27-2009, 10:40 AM
so i have been MIA lately---if you have seen another post you know that i have sort of put planning on the back burner....with the wedding just over a year away its just to early to do anything i guess :confused3 ..i did however get my tiara off of ebay and bought matching jewelry from this store called so good jewelry (its like cheap jewelry) but ill never wear it again so i dont see the point of spending tons of money on it..and it matches perfectly...so ill post photos shortly...also i bought a braclet off of ebay its mickey mouse but hidden....another bride, katie (princessshea) had it

im hoping to get DF family list shortly ( i asked to have it by labor day..well actually i asked to have it for july 4th) that way i can get an idea of what kind of list we will be working with and sending out so i can atleast start looking at budgets its really hard to think of things right now otherwise

i wish i had more to post..its kind of depressing the slump im in and i dont have alot of support, so i dont like coming here to post because i feel like such a debbie downer :rotfl2: maybe soon ill pick up again and can start posting! but ill be here back and forth ..until then ill just post a photo of my favorite person ever....
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/disney%202008/P9020095.jpg

figment fan21
08-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I was looking through a new england bridal magazine the i got in the mail yesterday and i saw a whole thing about the andover country club and thought of you... your wedding is going to be beautiful. I know things for you (and me) haven't been ideal lately as far as wedding plannin is concerened BUT i have hope that eventually we'll both be able to get back on track!
I found a bunch of things that are based around a navy blue and pink wedding i dont know if you were still planning on using those colors but if you are i'll post them later for you. I'm just searching alot of things lately and making notes.

figment fan21
08-29-2009, 09:07 AM
alright here are some different variations on the navy/pink thing

this is very classy i think and i thought it would look nice at the andover country club

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/colors/Navy2.jpg

this is what i'm more leaning towards because it seems very "boardwalk-esque"

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/colors/Navy_and_Fuchsia_Inspiration_Board.png

this is kind of inbetween the two

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/colors/bluemeetspink.jpg

i thought this would be pretty and if you're having JR BM's you could have them in pink or even your MOH in pink

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/krloco821/colors/291739.jpg

I hope that helps you alittle bit.

teddygurl28
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
oh those are so nice! yes im still using the navy fuschia and champagne for my colors so im definately going to keep those for my references....

...i started dipping into the planning again ..i emailed my photographer because we have our e-pics in two weeks (im excited about that...because when we do that it also falls close to the year mark!) and i called the church and im still trying to talk with the priest..heh...

...also i think my SIL and i are going to go look at BM dresses this week....
lastly, i was at a bridal shower yesterday, and did my moms friends tell me what NOT to do :scared1: im like scared for mine lol..i should have taken notes
it was a very nice time though(atleast i thought....except for the BM KICKING gifts across the floor) but the adults in the group were so particular....it was crazy!

oh well who knows....i have an exam to take on the 11 as part of a program im taking ( sort of like a masters for insurance) so ill probably be sparse on the boards until then....

teddygurl28
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
oki girls...so im lookin at flowers! my colors are navy and champagne but to get my pink in im doing fuschia for flowers and other touches.....im in love with gerbera daisies and roses...:lovestruc so some of these have been on the boards others i just found so who knows!

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/flowers1.jpg
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/faveflowers.jpg

teddygurl28
09-04-2009, 08:25 PM
oh yeh and im meeting with my priest on wednesday :woohoo:

....and my make up artist started asking me if i have been looking at what i want for my style on my wedding day...i was like uhhhhuhh sure :thumbsup2 lol so i started looking at make up styles....i didnt know you really had to?! although i will say that i stole a picture of katie (another dis bride) had posted of her eyes because they came out beautiful!

i know i said i wouldbe studying but i have been starting to get excited all over again....

...i just signed up to get a personal trainer 2times a month for the next year :scared1: im so commited to getting in shape for this wedding its not even funny

ok so thats all my updates for now!

figment fan21
09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
well you know which one i'm going with....:rolleyes1

Either one is beautiful! I'm so exicted that you like the same things i like! :goodvibes

teddygurl28
09-11-2009, 07:39 AM
so guys whats your thoughts on chair covers? the chairs in the room are comfortable..they are like hotelroom cushion type chairs like if you went to a conference ( does that make sense) in a goldish color...so they match the room and fit with my colors no problem.....but im thinking chair covers would make it so much more elegant.

the thing though, with my estimated guest count ( we will be inviting 270 people...assuming we will have around 230) the cost will be close to $1,200 :scared1: but really it looks so elegant...i could do navy and gold sashes and then maybe fuschia sashes around mike and i's chairs? no? too much? i totally need to start saving this is crazy!!

i just want things to look nice, i guess most people wouldnt notice the chair cover thing but to me i would...what do you girls think?

figment fan21
09-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok so like three things.... i missed it buuuuuut happy 1 year until your wedding!!!! thats first... second, did you hear about the georgetown country club?! i totally looked at that place and i thought you said you did too... and third, idk if you watch dancing with the stars but kelly osbourne totally had on our wedding colors tuesday night.... she had on a navy blue gown and a fuschia scarf.... it looked awesome!

OK that is all :)

teddygurl28
09-23-2009, 08:11 PM
ha i have beeen so MIA! ok for starters my priest= awesome!! im very excited, hes the new priest at my church and i hadnt met or seen him yet, so i was very nervous but after our meeting i was very happy with it and have started listening to music for the cermoney.

next....engagement photos! done! 2 hours and 550 photos...after editing came out to 250 still not bad...we have so many to choose from, mike and i think we may have our photographer use them and put together our guest singing book using them.....but we arent sure...once i get my act together and get them loaded to my computer i will post them.....

....now onto the georgetown club :scared1: omg i so looked there, by the time i went to choose they ended up having the date held for someone else ...when the news story happened all they said was a north shore country club....it was not a happy moment while i waited

...next omg i know this time next year ill be in disney!!! wooo!!!!!

and i totally missed the dresss but now i need to see!

thanks katie for bringing me back to my pj...and for the pig!

teddygurl28
10-19-2009, 08:12 PM
SO my pj is seriously slacking,
but its just because really i have been MIA from the whole wedding thing lately...im still not really sure i know what im doing...kind of sad i know

Letss seee...updates updates updates,

Ive met with my priest, and Mike and I picked out our readings and music...we still need to call musicians for the church and pick our readers ( we have one in mind and need to find 2 more)

We are going to go through our engagement photos and pick some to use for our guest book. I am going to look through some to post on Facebook and on here....still havent done that yet lol

we are definately doing a candy buffet, and we are going to disney characters as table names (so im gathering photos of disney couples that ill eventually print out)

i just still feel like with 11 months to go there is alot of time so its not worth it to get things done...plus we are going to basically redoing the upstairs of his house and thats overwhelming so i just get stressed and drink...its a fabulous time...

...now onto the highlight of my post..my dress :cloud9: i found it i love it i bought it!

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/PA140039.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv201/teddygurl28/wedding/PA140042.jpg

teddygurl28
10-19-2009, 08:15 PM
OH AND LASTly! i got my confirmation number from the person i am renting my dvc ressie from!!! so now i just need to book flights when they are available

then look into dining and woohoooo:banana:

figment fan21
10-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Awe honey you look sooooo pretty! Such a lovely bride!

the dress is amazing!

And yay for getting your DVC points and being able to book flights soon!!!

MainStMandy
10-20-2009, 07:42 AM
Ohhh you look beautiful!! Congratulations on the getting THE dress!!