PDA

View Full Version : Booking at DL - what has your experience been?

utahkennedys
04-14-2009, 01:10 AM
We used points at DLH once and thought it was a good use of our points as we live on the West Coast. DH and I planned to buy VGC tomorrow, however, as we discussed it tonight, we don't book DL trips 11 months ahead...so we don't think buying at VGC is the right thing for us. So, what has your experience been booking at DLH on points? How far out did you book and what season? We like to travel there in Sept and May and stay non-weekends. We could then buy more points at WDW and use them on our DL trips as long as we didn't have to book 11 months out...

KAT4DISNEY
04-14-2009, 02:22 AM
I have booked two short DL trips in the past year. Both have been stays at GC but there was also availability at DLH and PP. Last May, Memorial weekend I wanted to attend the West coast DVC event at PP. I booked approx 3 weeks in advance (it might have been 2 1/2). I had to pay cash for the Sat night but Sun & Mon were available.

This past Feb. I decided to go to DL for a couple of days after a convention I had in Long Beach. I booked two weeknights exactly two weeks prior to my stay.

I have no idea if this is normal or just lucky but that's my experience. It's also hard to say if it will become more difficult to book DLH or PP once GC hotel rooms are removed from point bookings, or if GCV will cover the change.

It's also unpredictable if they will begin implementing the $95 booking fee or the rule of 4 for DL hotel stays.