PDA

View Full Version : Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my PJ!

About Us:

Dave and I met on a Disney dating site DisMates. I was at work late one night and just for the heck of it searched Disney Dating Sites and I found it. I started to search through the profiles for my area and found Dave. There was something about his profile that was so special that I knew I had to contact him. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to contact him through the site, but luckily there was a part of his profile that said that he frequented the disboards and his screen name. So, I went over to the Dis and started searching for his screen name. I must have gone through literally 20 or 30 pages of posts until I found him. I joined the Dis and PMed him and I guess the rest is history.

Over the next couple of weeks, we spent hours on the phone talking to each other about everything and anything. We set up our first date for July 16, 2006. I had to work that day so after the work day was over, my sister and her friend came in and helped me get ready. I was late getting there and I felt so horrible about it, but I had to look just right when I met him. Since we hadn't seen a picture of each other, I had no idea what he looked like and he had no idea what I looked like. I found him by the description of his car! We had dinner at Applebees (where we ordered mozzarella sticks and how strange it is to eat fried cheese). After dinner we went to the movies to see Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest. It was in that theater where we had our first kiss. :hug: I knew from that second that he was my other half in life, my Prince Charming I had been searching for for so many years. :lovestruc

We took our first trip to WDW in December of 2007. It was a very special trip for me because I had never been to WDW around the holidays because I have been working at the Disney Store since 1999 and getting time off in December is nearly impossible. It was wonderful to be there with the man I loved. Here is a picture of us from Cinderella's Royal Table from that trip.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/DaveandICastle.jpg

Our Engagement

We got engaged on September 23, 2008 in front of Cinderella Castle. I had picked out my ring at the World of Disney before we headed to MK that day. Although it wasn't a surprise, it still was because I didn't know when he was going to propose. Here is my very fitting ring.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Ring.jpg

Yes, it is a Mickey shaped ring! Sorry about the quaility of the pic and my hand makes me look like I'm 80 (I'm not even 30 yet) but at least you get the picture. I actually wear the ring with Mickey facing out so his ears are at my knuckles. So when I look at it, it sort of looks like Cinderella's Carriage! Cinderella is my favorite princess so i makes the ring extra special. :bride:

We had already decided on a wedding date before we got engaged - actually we decided on it a few months after we started dating. My birthday is October 4 (that's when I'm turning 30!) and his birthday is October 29 so the 17th was right in the middle and is perfect for us.

The Wedding Details

We are getting married in Allentown, PA in the church in which I grew up in. Dave and I live about an hour apart (it's 45 miles one way from my house to his) and I was hoping to find a place in the middle but sadly it didn't happen. We are having our reception at Saucon Valley Acres (I'll have to see if I can find some pics on the web). It is a beautiful hall located in the woods. Since it will be October, the fall leaves should be peaking around that time and it will be a beautiful backdrop for our fall wedding.

It's starting to get late but I have a lot more to post. I promise to update soon! :)

Thanks for reading!

anewmac
04-13-2009, 10:29 PM
WOOHOO YOU know im hear for the long haul! Cant wait to read and see all about it! :)

redlight
04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi and congratulations! My name is also Amy.

I'm looking forward to more!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
WOOHOO YOU know im hear for the long haul! Cant wait to read and see all about it! :)

Hi Drea!!!!! I knew you'd find your way here! :) Like always it's great to see you!

Hi and congratulations! My name is also Amy.

I'm looking forward to more!

Thank you! Yay another Amy! Thanks for reading! :)

tiggersam00
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!

Buckeye Gal
04-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! :upsidedow I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-14-2009, 08:05 AM
a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!

I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!

Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! :upsidedow I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!

Hi Kimberly!!!! Glad you found your way here!

LuvtheEars
04-14-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm Hooked! More please! Do you have your dress yet?

Tiffany

Angela0917
04-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?

tiggersam00
04-14-2009, 09:45 AM
I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!

haha, don't you love those looks we sometimes get from people who just don't get it! I always laugh:lmao:

MegKate
04-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Yay! Another October bride! :goodvibes We're the 12th, so we'll probably see you around down there! :thumbsup2

Love the ring as well! :lovestruc

TheDisneyGirl02
04-14-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm Hooked! More please! Do you have your dress yet?

Tiffany

I do have my dress but since Dave may look (and add) somethings to my PJ, I don't want to post it since it's a surprise. Let me know if you want me to PM you the link. I see you're going on another cruise! How fun!

Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?

Yes, we're getting married in October of this year. Allentown is actually very close to NJ. We're only like 30 minute away actually!

Thanks for reading! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
04-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Yay! Another October bride! :goodvibes We're the 12th, so we'll probably see you around down there! :thumbsup2

Love the ring as well! :lovestruc

Yay for another October bride! Thanks for reading! :)

haha, don't you love those looks we sometimes get from people who just don't get it! I always laugh:lmao:

:thumbsup2

pit303
04-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi Amy I will be following along also you are off to a great start

nenner1
04-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Amy! :woohoo:

I am so excited for you and Dave! I can't wait to read all about your planning..the wedding...the honeymoon...LOL! ;)

SIX MONTHS TO GO!! :banana:

TheDisneyGirl02
04-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi Amy I will be following along also you are off to a great start

Thanks Maureen! How are the wedding plans going for your daughter?

Amy! :woohoo:

I am so excited for you and Dave! I can't wait to read all about your planning..the wedding...the honeymoon...LOL! ;)

SIX MONTHS TO GO!! :banana:

I know...6 months to go and so much to do!!!!

pit303
04-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Amy nothing new with Michelle's plans she is working another job right now doing taxes so all wedding plans are on hold until after tomorrow!!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/WeddingMickeyMinnie.jpg

The Wedding Party

My maid of honor is my twin sister, Beth. I can't imagine having anyone else be my MOH. This is a picture of us from a few years ago when we were at Twins Days.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Twinsburg.jpg

I have three other bridesmaids -

Mequa - I met her when I was doing my college program at WDW. She became a dear friend to me and we've had so many wonderful times together. I was in her wedding in 2005 and she has a baby girl who is turning 1 on April 23.

Gail - I also met Gail when I was doing my college program at WDW. She was very good friends with Suzy/Perla (from Cinderella) as well as Chip and Dale and I had BLAST working with her. She is also a dear friend to me. She also has an 8 year old little girl who I'm hoping can be a Flower Girl or Junior Bridesmaid for me. Here's a picture of my good friend Suzy ;) and me from 2003...notice how much younger I was there! LOL!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/SuzyMe2003.jpg

Alyssa - I guess I can say I met her when I met Dave! She is actually Dave's 14 year old cousin. She asked Dave's mom if she could be in our wedding - when we had only been dating like a month! I knew right then I needed to have her in the wedding! :)

Like I said, I'm hoping that my friends daughter will be able to be my Flower Girl/Junior Bridesmaid. Sadly, my friend is having some issues at home so I'm no sure if her daughter will be able to make the trip since they both live in Florida.

Dave's Best Man is his brother Eric. Dave knew before we were engaged that he wanted his brother to be his Best Man.

The other Groomsmen include Dave's two friends who has has know for over 15 years, Rich and Brian. The three of them game together (both RPG and board/card games) often. The last Groomsman is one of my best friends Josh. Athough we don't talk as much as we used to, I couldn't get married without having him being part of my big day. I met Josh when I started working at the Disney Store in 1999 and we've been friends since.

So that's the wedding party!

Well, I just wanted to do a quick update. I had a LONG day at work as well as at the Disney Store tonight. Thanks again for reading! :)

redlight
04-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Great pictures! Are you on the left or the right in the picture with Beth?

anewmac
04-15-2009, 01:18 AM
You shouls have people guess which side you are on in the pic with your sis....

my guess. the left... no right.. wait.. crap.. NO going with the gut LEFT!

Buckeye Gal
04-15-2009, 06:46 AM
I say Beth on the left, Amy on the right. :)

TheDisneyGirl02
04-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Great pictures! Are you on the left or the right in the picture with Beth?

You shouls have people guess which side you are on in the pic with your sis....

my guess. the left... no right.. wait.. crap.. NO going with the gut LEFT!

I say Beth on the left, Amy on the right. :)

And the correct answer is.....

Drumroll please....

Kimberly's right!!!!! Beth is on the left and I'm on the right! You should see our baby pictures, I don't even know who I am in those! LOL!

nenner1
04-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh snap! I was wrong! :flower3:

Love the pic (and your shirts!) :lmao:

beach bride 2010
04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
My name is Amy too.:)
Love the Chip'n'Dale t-shirts...I have that one in my collection!
I actually know 2 members of your wedding party. Back when there used to be a park called MGM and a street called Tigger Ave. and a breakfast where you could watch Minnie and Goofy swing dance I spent lots of time working with Gail and Jamequa and Trey. I miss those days. I still hear about Jamequa and Trey through a mutual friend and I recently found Gail via facebook. Hope she and her daughter can make it to be part of your wedding party!

Buckeye Gal
04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
And the correct answer is.....

Drumroll please....

Kimberly's right!!!!! Beth is on the left and I'm on the right! You should see our baby pictures, I don't even know who I am in those! LOL!

:woohoo:

redlight
04-15-2009, 06:03 PM
:rotfl2:

TheDisneyGirl02
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
My name is Amy too.:)
Love the Chip'n'Dale t-shirts...I have that one in my collection!
I actually know 2 members of your wedding party. Back when there used to be a park called MGM and a street called Tigger Ave. and a breakfast where you could watch Minnie and Goofy swing dance I spent lots of time working with Gail and Jamequa and Trey. I miss those days. I still hear about Jamequa and Trey through a mutual friend and I recently found Gail via facebook. Hope she and her daughter can make it to be part of your wedding party!

OMG!!!! You know all of them! That is so exciting!!!!!!! They are so wonderful and I am so happy to be friends with them! When were you working at MGM? I was there from Jan-May of 2002 and 2003. If you go to Gail's facebook, I'll be the Amy who has been posting on her wall A LOT! :) Feel free to friend me if you want to! :)

:woohoo:

:thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

It's kind of sad that I have to ask! LOL!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
OK...here we go with more wedding planning!!!!

Here is the website for our reception hall. http://svacres.com/

It is a beautiful location and a beautiful hall. Trust me, pictures don't do it justice. One of my favorite parts about the hall is that there is only one wedding (mine) going on that night. Plus, there is a lovely waiting room for the wedding party while the cocktail hour is going on. They also serve drinks as well as the appetizers in that room so we can enjoy the food just like the guests! We haven't decided yet if we want a family style dinner or a buffet. In some ways I like both. I have a bit of time yet to decide. The wedding cake is included in the reception price which is great. We already have the cake topper -

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/1704M.jpg

We actually purchased that before we got engaged! Being the Disney-lovers we both are, our wedding wouldn't be complete without a Mickey & Minnie cake topper!

Well, that's about it for tonight. I'll try to update again tomorrow. Thank you so much for reading and if anybody has any opinions on buffet vs. family style, please feel free to share!

:)

anewmac
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
darn I was wrong.. and I really studied your pics and still wrong LOL

Love the reception site! Hmmm wonder how much a tix to PA would be in Oct... I could crash the reception, then go see Denise and Crissi too LOL who else is in PA.. Maureen too right ...LOL

I like Family style better. That way the conversation keeps going and isnt interupted by people getting up and down to get more food LOL. Plus who likes standing in lines... UNLESS its for a Disney ride (and we dont even like standing in them THEN! lol)

beach bride 2010
04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
OMG!!!! You know all of them! That is so exciting!!!!!!! They are so wonderful and I am so happy to be friends with them! When were you working at MGM? I was there from Jan-May of 2002 and 2003. If you go to Gail's facebook, I'll be the Amy who has been posting on her wall A LOT! :) Feel free to friend me if you want to! :)
!

Will do. You might recognize me or my DF from the pics on facebook. I don't post any here because he still works for Disney so I don't really feel comfortable posting them in a public Disney forum but there are a ton of both of us on my facebook. I started out at MGM in 1999 but was always part time/weekends only so after we became one big department I started working at whatever park I was needed at. DF has always been FT and only at MGM for about 17 years now but mainly puppeteers.
Your reception venue is beautiful. It will be gorgeous on a fall day. I thought about having an Oct 2009 wedding since DF and I's anniversary is in Oct and I would love to do MNSSHP with a few close friends as my bachelorette party but we don't really have that beautiful fall backdrop here in FL and I ultimately decided it wouldn't be enough time for me to plan the wedding I wanted so I decided to wait until spring 2010.

pit303
04-16-2009, 07:43 AM
darn I was wrong.. and I really studied your pics and still wrong LOL

Love the reception site! Hmmm wonder how much a tix to PA would be in Oct... I could crash the reception, then go see Denise and Crissi too LOL who else is in PA.. Maureen too right ...LOL

I like Family style better. That way the conversation keeps going and isnt interupted by people getting up and down to get more food LOL. Plus who likes standing in lines... UNLESS its for a Disney ride (and we dont even like standing in them THEN! lol)

Please come crash the reception you can stay with me wait we can go and say we are checking out the venue for Michelle's wedding!! I only live about 1.5 hour drive

LindaBabe
04-16-2009, 07:34 PM
visiting from the cruise thread - your excitement is contageous! Happy planning!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Drea and Maureen, you two crack me up!!!! It is a short drive up here! :)

Will do. You might recognize me or my DF from the pics on facebook. I don't post any here because he still works for Disney so I don't really feel comfortable posting them in a public Disney forum but there are a ton of both of us on my facebook. I started out at MGM in 1999 but was always part time/weekends only so after we became one big department I started working at whatever park I was needed at. DF has always been FT and only at MGM for about 17 years now but mainly puppeteers.
Your reception venue is beautiful. It will be gorgeous on a fall day. I thought about having an Oct 2009 wedding since DF and I's anniversary is in Oct and I would love to do MNSSHP with a few close friends as my bachelorette party but we don't really have that beautiful fall backdrop here in FL and I ultimately decided it wouldn't be enough time for me to plan the wedding I wanted so I decided to wait until spring 2010.

I got your friend request and you do look familiar! I don't blame you for not posting much since he still works for Disney. It was funny to see the other people you know that I know - Joshua, Jason and Jen! It's truly a small world! :)

visiting from the cruise thread - your excitement is contageous! Happy planning!

Visit away! It is an exciting time! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
04-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Our Honeymoon

Or should I call it our Disneymoon?

We are going to Walt Disney World of course - there is no other place for us! We are leaving on October 18 and coming back home on October 30 - a nice LONG honeymoon and just some time to spend together as newlyweds! I really am happy that we can stay that long because I want to relax during our honeymoon - not rush through the parks like we normally do. I'm the kind of person who likes to ride everything at least once - but since we'll be there for so long, we can relax and do other things besides just the parks.

The resort we choice was Carribean Beach Resort. We stayed there last summer with my family and both really enjoyed it. Plus they have a great new pool that wasn't open when we were there but I'm hoping we have a chance to swim there this time!

We aren't doing the dining plan since I booked our hotel room with my Cast discount. That is one of the perks for working for Disney even at the Disney Store. :thumbsup2 We are probably going to eat at more CS locations than TS, but we still have our favorites that we still need to visit:

Le Cellier - (cheddar cheese soup says it all!)
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Kona (love the sushi and their food in general!)
Cinderella's Royal Table (just because she's my favorite princess)

We are going to try the Cape May Clam Bake also. Neither of us has ever been there but I love mussels so we're going to give it a try. I've heard both good and bad but I still am interested in eating there once.

I know there is another TS that I'm missing...I'll have to update that list later.

As far as other food is concerned, as long as Dave eats at Pecos Bill's Cafe he's a happy camper! He loves their bacon double cheeseburgers. I want to try the chicken wrap. I do like Pecos Bill's also - they have a great fixin' bar!

I am excited for our honeymoon since we'll truly have something to celebrate - our new life together!!! I can't wait to wear the "Just Married" pins and of course the Minnie bride ears! :)

Here is one purchase that I made for the wedding. My friend actually brought them back for me because silly me didn't think about buying them when we got engaged at WDW! I have no idea what I was thinking but none-the-less we have them and I can't wait to have them there on our wedding day!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/WEDDING-1.jpg

Well that's all for tonight. I need to get to bed, it's going to be a long day at work tomorrow. Thanks for reading! :)

ghoulish delight
04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Amy! Congratulations! Everything sounds great so far! :) And, I just have to say... your ring is absolutely adorable!!

anewmac
04-17-2009, 12:18 AM
So jealous your stating at the CBR. How many days are yall doing at the parks?

TheDisneyGirl02
04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Amy! Congratulations! Everything sounds great so far! :) And, I just have to say... your ring is absolutely adorable!!

Thank you so much for reading! I love my ring because it's so unique!

So jealous your stating at the CBR. How many days are yall doing at the parks?

Well, I think we'll have 10 or 11 day park hopper tickets. We'll probably go to the parks for at least a little everyday. :)

TheDisneyGirl02
04-17-2009, 10:40 PM
So, I'm trying to decide if we should have a videographer or not. Any opinions?

Just a little update but it's not about the wedding!

I work at a science center and recently the educators purchased three mice to use for educational programs (not to grow ears on their backs), but like to see if you put a mouse in a maze and a treat at the end, would it get to the treat. So it was two girl mice and one boy mouse - well, let's just say that BOTH of our female mice ended up pregnant! :scared1:

So, Snoopy (the one female mouse) gave birth last week to about 10 babies. Over the week, most of the babies were fed to the snake that is on the exhibit floor (not my choice, trust me!!!!). So yesterday I went back to see the last baby because it was getting fur. I swear, it was love at first site. Here is this adorable baby mouse who would have gotten thrown into the snake pit if I didn't take it home. Well, of course I offered, so I took home the baby and Snoopy last night. My family fell in love with it so guess who is keeping the baby mouse? Me!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to think of a good name for it, but I think I've decided on Nemo since the rest of its brothers and sisters were fed to the snake and I saved it! What do you think?

So I'll have the mommy with the baby for about three weeks until the baby can be weened. Here is a not too good picture of the baby - the eyes are still closed!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Babymouse.jpg

So that's all for tonight! :)

anewmac
04-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Vidographer YES! Cherished memories you can relive through plus there is stuff you yourself will miss. A picture is just NOT the same, I didnt have a videographer.. and regret it.

Nemo as a name CUTE, mouse.. not so much LOL

TheDisneyGirl02
04-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to do a quick update.

So, Dave and I went to see 17 Again today...it was so cute! The movie was very funny and entertaining!

I think I found a dress that I like for my flowergirl. It's actually a sundress modeled after the Hannah Montana line at none other - The Disney Store! It's simple and adorable! Here's a link to the picture.

http://disneyshopping.go.com/disney/store/Product_10002_10051_1244301_-1_39001__Apparel-%26-Accessories-Miley-Stewart-Sundress-for-Tweens

I love the flowers on the bottom and it's simple but beautiful! I just need to find out the flowergirls size and I'll get the dress!

I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping on Friday night, I think. I want to see if Dave's cousin would be available. It was sort of a last minute decision to go on Friday night - mostly because I don't have to work at the Disney Store.

I need to start looking at flowers - if anybody has a good website for bouquets, please let me know!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Buckeye Gal
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
I continue to enjoy reading your story, Amy!

I ABsoLUTely concur that you should have a videographer. No questions asked. You'll treasure it "from this day forward" and likely watch it more than you'll ever get the photos out! Certainly something you will never regret paying for or asking someone to be in that role.

Since I squirm at the thought of a little rodent running around, the name Nemo softens the horror for me a little! I do like how you've incorporated a story to define the little thing.

What a great find with Saucon Valley Acres! It's so beautiful. As you mentioned, I love the "greeting room", too. Brilliant idea!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick update.

Dave and I were looking at invitations today for a little bit. Here is one of our favorites!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/invitation.jpg

I think it fits our Disney theme nicely. Not 100% sure that this is what we're going to get, but I do really like it.

Here is a picture of Remy (I named the baby mouse Remy) from Sunday. She's gotten soooo big!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/babymouse2.jpg

anewmac
04-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Like the invites cute.. not over the top Disney but subtle adult like :) and love how you post Mickey and Minnie invites and a pic of your very own mouse LOL

TheDisneyGirl02
04-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Like the invites cute.. not over the top Disney but subtle adult like :) and love how you post Mickey and Minnie invites and a pic of your very own mouse LOL

Thanks Drea! :)

I'm sort of feeling down tonight...partly becaue I was at a viewing tonight for my dance teacher's father. I've been going to my studio for 26 years so when I found out Miss Sharon's father passed away, it broke my heart. It was so to see how upset Miss Sharon was, but I did get to see a lot of people I danced with in the past who I haven't seen in years. In that respect it was nice, just not nice reason for seeing everyone.

The other reason I'm down is because Dave and I are trying to find a place to live and I'm getting so discouraged. We've found some listings for houses, but most of the houses in our area are way out of our price range. I just want a simple home like my parents started out with (well, we still live in their 'starter home') to start my life with Dave. Sigh...

No updates tonight, sadly. Just a little vent. Thanks for listening (I feel like Eeyore saying that!) :sad1:

anewmac
04-23-2009, 01:29 AM
You will find something, it will come. Something is right around the corner! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
04-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Thank you, Drea. :hug:

So here is a little update.

I'm loving looking at the Oriental Trading wedding items! Some of items are so cute! One item that I would really like to order to have at the wedding are these votive candle holders. For some reason, they really caught my eye!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Candles.jpg

Obviously they would say Dave & Amy October 17, 2009 but I think they are so cute!!!!!!

The other little update has to do with Remy, my baby mouse! His/Her eyes are finally open! I took this picture tonight when he/she was very active.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Remy13days.jpg

Hope everyone reading is doing well! :)

nenner1
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Aww, Remy is soo cute!

I like the votives too! It's amazing all the ideas and all the stuff that has come out for weddings in just the last 10 years since I got married!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
So I actually have a fun update!!!!!

On Friday night, my mom and sister and I went bridemaid dress shopping to Alfred Angelo. Have I mentioned I love that store? The staff members are so nice and so helpful. When we walked in, the one staff member came running over and looks at me and says, "Mickey Mouse, right?" and of course I said yes! She said she didn't remember my name but she remembered my ring. So my sister starts sifting through the racks of dresses. So she pulls a few off she likes and we go into a dressing room.

My sister hates anything that is tight - dresses, pants, shirts, it doesn't matter. If it's tight fitting, she doesn't like it. So we try on a few dresses that just aren't right. Then she tries on this dress.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Bethdress1.jpg

I liked the style of the dress but Beth said she couldn't breath in it and it was too tight! At this point, I was getting really upset with her so I offered to buy her a muʻumuʻu. She didn't like that very much. Anyway, I told her we would go out and I would look through the dresses to see if there was anything I liked that I didn't think would be too tight.

So, we go back out and I start sifting through the racks, pulling dresses out for her to try on. She went back into the dressing room and put on a dress and she said to me, "this is the one I like!" It wasn't too tight and as she put it, it hides what needs to be hidden! LOL!!! Plus, it will look great on all of my bridesmaids because it's that kind of dress!

So here is my sister trying on that dress.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Bethdress2.jpg

It will actually be in burnt orange not grape, but you get the idea. Here is a picture of the dress from Alfred Angelo online in the right color.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Alfredangelodress.jpg

I want to have Dave's cousin come up to Allentown (where I live) to try on the dress because I think she would like it. I just have to try to get a time together to do that. But I'm 99% sure that that is the dress I want the bridesmaids to wear.

Hope you enjoyed this update! Hope to be able to post another one soon! :)

anewmac
04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
love the bridesmaid dress! Color will be amazing at that time too! yeah!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
love the bridesmaid dress! Color will be amazing at that time too! yeah!!!

Thanks Drea!!!! I'm about 99% sure that that is the dress I want for the bridesmaids.

I booked the DJ! I'm currently waiting for the contract to come in the mail so we can get a deposit to them!!! Yay!!! One more thing done!

We also registered at Target this past weekend. We're not 100% done with the registry yet, but it was fun going through the store with the little zapper gun!

Another update, Dave and I are going to look at houses this weekend. We've picked out a couple we want to look at so my fingers are crossed. I know we may not find our 'perfect home' just yet, but it's worth looking!

So, no pictures this update but an update none-the-less.

anewmac
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
We also registered at Target this past weekend. We're not 100% done with the registry yet, but it was fun going through the store with the little zapper gun!

Another update, Dave and I are going to look at houses this weekend. We've picked out a couple we want to look at so my fingers are crossed. I know we may not find our 'perfect home' just yet, but it's worth looking!

HAHA E loved zapping things for the baby registry, he looks like he should have been in the Toy story game LMAO

Let me tell ya no home is perfect. there are thing I would change about mine LEFT and RIGHT! but non the less its mine.... large morgage payment and all... )$*#)*@&$@&:headache: lol

TheDisneyGirl02
05-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I can't believe I haven't updated in a while! Life has been keeping me busy.

We are currently at our busiest time at my full time job - May is field trip season! We have a bunch of school kids coming through the science center Monday - Friday keeping me very busy in the gift shop. Plus I've been working at least once a week at the Disney Store, which is good. Right now I'm working there to pay off my iPhone! LOL! I love it though!

Dave and I are still house hunting...we looked at a few houses last week but nothing jumped out at us. We'll keep looking though.

Last Monday, I went and met with the minister. You see, we're getting married in the church where I grew up, but I haven't attended it in about 14 years. Sadly, just like many aspects of life, my church wasn't immune from one powerful family who thought they ran the place. They did many things to hurt my family (whether it was intentional or not, I don't know) and my parents finally had enough of it and we stopped going. It was tough since my parents met at that church. The last time I was in there was when my cousin got married 10 years ago. Since we left, the old minister retired and the church got a new one. My aunt is still active at the church so she knows him. So Dave was working, but we were up in Allentown so it was the perfect time to go meet him.

I thought it was going to be tougher walking into the building where I spent so much of my childhood, but it wasn't. I'm very glad my aunt came with me though. The minister, my aunt and I sat down and talked a little. He's a very nice man, who has a son who worked at WDW for while as a monorail operator! I am supposed to call him in July to set up a time to get together to plan the ceremony.

The other wedding related thing (well, it's wedding related but just I'm doing it for me) is that my sister and I joined Weight Watchers. We have done WW online before and were both sucessful, but of course we fell off the bandwagon and needed a little push to get back on. So we attended a meeting on Thursday night and both really enjoyed it. I've been trying to be good, but it was hard today since we went for brunch with my family and had a cook out with Dave's family for dinner. I'm planning on going for a walk tomorrow to a local produce place just to see what they have, plus it will be a nice walk.

So, that's my update for today! Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's who maybe reading this!

tiggersam00
05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Hi Amy! 1st of all congrats on the house hunting! I hope you find something you like, are you looking in Allentown? (To be honest the only reason I know of Allentown is the Billy Joel song lol, but it looks very nice and lively!) It can be a long tough process though, so hopefully you will have some fun with it:goodvibes

Love the AA BM dress btw! Great color and style! Your sis looks happy in it too which is super important since you mentioned her not being a fan of tight fitting things. That dress is a wonderful choice:thumbsup2

TheDisneyGirl02
05-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Hi Amy! 1st of all congrats on the house hunting! I hope you find something you like, are you looking in Allentown? (To be honest the only reason I know of Allentown is the Billy Joel song lol, but it looks very nice and lively!) It can be a long tough process though, so hopefully you will have some fun with it:goodvibes

Love the AA BM dress btw! Great color and style! Your sis looks happy in it too which is super important since you mentioned her not being a fan of tight fitting things. That dress is a wonderful choice:thumbsup2

We're sort of looking in Allentown but also in the surrounding area. Wanna know something funny? Billy Joel's 'Allentown' should have been titled 'Bethlehem' since there was where the steel was made! LOL!!!

I love the BM dress too! I'm going to have Dave's cousin (one of my bridesmaids) come up to Allentown to try it on in the next month or so. I hope she likes it!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
So a mini-update...nothing too great though!

I talked to a videographer and he is sending me some samples of his work so I'm looking forward to seeing those.

Tonight was our second Weight Watchers meeting. I lost 2 pounds, not much but at least I didn't gain anything! My sister lost 3 pounds. I'm hoping for at least the same next week!

That's about it for now!!! :)

ghoulish delight
05-14-2009, 11:16 PM
Congrats on the weight loss! Yayy!! :woohoo: And may you have more continued success with it! Also, congrats on house hunting! Hope the two of you find exactly the type of home you're looking for!

That BM dress is so elegant and pretty! I really like it in that orange, and I'm not a big fan of orange usually! Hehe.

It's all coming along nicely! :thumbsup2

TheDisneyGirl02
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats on the weight loss! Yayy!! :woohoo: And may you have more continued success with it! Also, congrats on house hunting! Hope the two of you find exactly the type of home you're looking for!

That BM dress is so elegant and pretty! I really like it in that orange, and I'm not a big fan of orange usually! Hehe.

It's all coming along nicely! :thumbsup2

Thank you! The house hunting is still going on but it's slowed down for a bit...

Anyway - we are 5 months away from the wedding today!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I have so much to do!!!!!

anewmac
05-17-2009, 11:33 PM
woohoo congrats on the weight loss. I lost 5 then was lazy all week weighed myself this am and found that 5 lbs LOL darn it.. Start again on Monday

Keep up the good work girls!

nenner1
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I LOVE the BM dress, it is gorgeous!!! The burnt orange is a fantastic color for a fall wedding!

You guys are doing good taking your time with the houses....we jumped at the first one (ok second but we had put a bid out on the first one too) but I kindof regret it now cause its only a 3BR. I can't sell it for what we owe right now since the market really tanked down here so we are stuck for awhile. :confused3 Going slow is good, take your time and see all there is out there! :goodvibes

Its so much fun to read about your planning and think about what I would have done if we had a big weddding (we eloped to Gatlinburg, the "Vegas of the East Coast"...LOL!) so I didn't get to experience all this fun stuff! We didn't even have a registry (although I have done my share of scanning for the kiddos!);) I was actually thinking about doing a vow renewal or something along those lines in the parks once I got on the dis and saw all the great options. But here it is already 10 years this July! (and we don't have th extra dough $$ for that right now, so it may have to wait for our 20 yr anniversary! :lmao:

Anyway you guys are doing good with your weight loss too...slow & steady is the way to go!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!!! :goodvibes

tiggersam00
05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
We're sort of looking in Allentown but also in the surrounding area. Wanna know something funny? Billy Joel's 'Allentown' should have been titled 'Bethlehem' since there was where the steel was made! LOL!!!

I love the BM dress too! I'm going to have Dave's cousin (one of my bridesmaids) come up to Allentown to try it on in the next month or so. I hope she likes it!!!!

haha, gotta love inaccuracies in songs lol! I bet your DF's cousin will love it, I mean how could she not? It is a such a great dress and it is so flattering and well... awesome!

TheDisneyGirl02
05-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for reading! I know the updates have been few and far between...I have to really get moving!!!

Anyway, a little update:
I received the packet from the videographer in the mail today. I'm hoping to watch it with Dave this weekend. I didn't have to time watch it tonight because I had to stay at work late tonight and of course American Idol was on! LOL!

I'm thinking about using that chemical that etches glass to make either candle holders or vases for the center pieces. I know I want something Disney (probably Mickey) but I need to see how easy/hard it is to do. I'm planning on going this weekend to craft store to get the chemicals and a vase/candle holder just to test it out. I heard that the chemical is quite smelly so I wanted to wait until I ventilate the house before trying it!

Has anybody used that chemical etching before?

Thanks for reading again! :)

anewmac
05-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Has anybody used that chemical etching before?

Why yes I have LOL. Get GLOVES... dont let it touch you.. lol burning is a nice word but if felt like hot lava or acid melting my skin LOL.. yet this was a few yrs ago so they may have not as toxic stuff now LOL.

Its really easy to use. You just take your stencil and tape it on.. make sure it doesnt move and there is no room for the etching stuff to leak through or run down. Apply it for a few mins then wash it off (DONT TOUCH IT WITH YOUR HANDS TO GET IT OFF :rolleyes1LMAO )

Make sure to clean your stencil after each use incase the stuff get on the back of it, you dont want it to get on your vase and mess up the DISign LOL.

Take pics cant wait to see what you do.

BTW .... DONT TOUCH IT :lmao:

TheDisneyGirl02
05-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Why yes I have LOL. Get GLOVES... dont let it touch you.. lol burning is a nice word but if felt like hot lava or acid melting my skin LOL.. yet this was a few yrs ago so they may have not as toxic stuff now LOL.

Its really easy to use. You just take your stencil and tape it on.. make sure it doesnt move and there is no room for the etching stuff to leak through or run down. Apply it for a few mins then wash it off (DONT TOUCH IT WITH YOUR HANDS TO GET IT OFF :rolleyes1LMAO )

Make sure to clean your stencil after each use incase the stuff get on the back of it, you dont want it to get on your vase and mess up the DISign LOL.

Take pics cant wait to see what you do.

BTW .... DONT TOUCH IT :lmao:

So you're telling me NOT TO TOUCH IT?! LOL!!!!

What kind of gloves do you suggest I use? Just regular rubber gloves? Thanks for the advice, Drea!

TheDisneyGirl02
05-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Sooo...

Tonight was my third Weight Watchers meeting...I didn't lose any weight at all. My sister on the otherhand lost 3.6 pounds for a grand total of 6.6 pounds while I'm stuck at 2 pounds. Sigh...I have to say I am disappointed. I tried very hard this week and saw no results. Sigh... I'm happy for my sister but I just wish I could have lost at least a pound.

As I type, I'm looking at theknot.com for wedding flower ideas. If I see any, I'll post them!

But I did want to post a new picture of my lovely little mice, Remy (not so much a baby anymore!) and Snoopy!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/RemySnoopy.jpg

I took that picture yesterday when they were trying to sleep after having their cage changed. Remy was literally sleeping with one eye open! LOL! They are so cute together.

TheDisneyGirl02
05-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone! I know that I haven't updated in a bit, sorry about that! I've been really crazy at work!!!!!

Anyway, my sister was looking at hair-dos tonight and found this one - http://www.hair-news.com/fu24.html (I couldn't save the picture for some reason to post it). It's the style on the left. It's really cute, granted she won't have the tiara. I have to keep looking for an up do since I'm wearing a veil.

OK...just by looking through the site a little more, I found this up-do that I like too! It's the one on the left. http://www.hair-news.com/up-do-prom-bride-hairstyles-49.html

Here is another one that I like! http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BrideUpdo1.jpg

Let's see...tonight was the Weight Watcher's meeting and thankfully I lost 2 pounds this week! My sister lost another 2.6 pounds for a grand total of 9.6 pounds. I'm at a total of 4 pounds, but it's 4 pounds less than what I was at 3 weeks ago. I'll keep working though!

Sadly, I have strep throat. I'm feeling OK, but my throat is killing me!

I have a florist now! It's Bonnie's Flower Boutique in Allentown. She doesn't have a web site, but my mom has known her for years and she does beautiful work! I still have to figure out flowers that will go with the burnt orange dresses.

I found this bouquet and I like it. http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BMFlowers1.jpg

Still have to look more though.. :)

anewmac
05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Stainless steel gloves would be good for the etching LOL.. no anything like dishwashing ones or disposible ones Im sure is fine.

OK good luck with the hair i never know how to do mine for stuff like that or the marine corps balls i go to.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (yes Im saying I LOVE) your floral arrangment you found. I think it would look great with the Bridesmaids dress's. Cant wait to see it all come together! :)

redlight
05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
4 pounds down is great, Amy! Good luck to you and your sister. I'm also trying to lose.

TheDisneyGirl02
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Stainless steel gloves would be good for the etching LOL.. no anything like dishwashing ones or disposible ones Im sure is fine.

OK good luck with the hair i never know how to do mine for stuff like that or the marine corps balls i go to.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (yes Im saying I LOVE) your floral arrangment you found. I think it would look great with the Bridesmaids dress's. Cant wait to see it all come together! :)

Drea, I bought the etching chemicals and a vase to practice on. I wanted to do it tonight but just ran out of time. When I do it, I'll wear gloves (don't worry) and post the results.

4 pounds down is great, Amy! Good luck to you and your sister. I'm also trying to lose.

Thank you! I weigh in again tomorrow night so my fingers are crossed. Dave actually made a wonderful dinner last night, roasted veggies with wheat pasta! It was a great! Plus he made mozzarella sticks out of light string cheese, egg whites, bread crumbs and baked them. They were so good! All of the taste none of the grease! :thumbsup2

So a small update. Dave and I watched the videographers DVD he sent and sadly we weren't impressed. Basically it looked like somebody just had a video camera and was just shooting random things. It was shakey at times. Is that how most wedding videos are? Any advice would be great!

Thanks again for reading!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-04-2009, 10:18 PM
OK...here is the update for tonight:

I FINALLY lost 5 pounds!!! Actually 6.6 pounds total!!!! Yay!!!!

Just had to share!

MagicMe
06-06-2009, 08:41 PM

Just had to share!

CONGRATS!!!!! KEEP IT GOING GIRL!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

anewmac
06-07-2009, 12:03 PM

Just had to share!

WOOOHOOO Great job.. but I think I found what you lost LMAO

TheDisneyGirl02
06-07-2009, 10:31 PM
CONGRATS!!!!! KEEP IT GOING GIRL!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

WOOOHOOO Great job.. but I think I found what you lost LMAO

Thank you!!!!

So I looked at a few bridal magazines today. I was looking for flowers and hairstyles...but sadly I didn't find any that I really liked. Sigh...

Mrsdisneyb2b
06-08-2009, 11:31 AM
i am loving your colors!
WW is always hard. I was on it for a while but it wasnt working so I did slimfast.... lost over 50 lbs lol...
Now I replace one meal with balance bars, and they are mm mm good...

Just DO NOT get frustrated... it happens slowly sometimes and then BOOM it flies off!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-10-2009, 09:37 PM
i am loving your colors!
WW is always hard. I was on it for a while but it wasnt working so I did slimfast.... lost over 50 lbs lol...
Now I replace one meal with balance bars, and they are mm mm good...

Just DO NOT get frustrated... it happens slowly sometimes and then BOOM it flies off!

Thank you! I love the colors too!!!! I like how fall-ish they are but beautiful at the same time. :)

Thank you for the encouragement with the weight loss. That is great that you lost 50 pounds on Slimfast! It's alway amazing that anybody can lost 50 pounds on any diet! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
06-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Guess what I found? I found what I want my bouquet to look like!!!!!

I like the design, not the colors. I still have to figure those out.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/weddingflowers2.jpg

Yes, it is Mickey!!!!!!!!!!! It's subtle but there and that is what I love about it! I actually found it on the Disney Store Japan website. Couldn't really read anything that it said, but I loved the pictures! :lmao:

So I'm really excited I found that. I also sent away for a sample invitation so I'm looking forward to getting that in the mail.

The one girl I work with got married this past weekend and she had her reception where we are having ours and she said it was so nice! I was so happy to hear that! :)

Well, I weigh in tomorrow...my fingers are crossed that I lose at least a pound! I'll be happy with anything though!

anewmac
06-11-2009, 02:12 AM
Love the flowers. Perfect for you :)

GOOD LUCK TMRW!

ghoulish delight
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Those flowers are just lovely! :teeth: Bet they'd look fantastic in your colors too!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Love the flowers. Perfect for you :)

GOOD LUCK TMRW!

Those flowers are just lovely! :teeth: Bet they'd look fantastic in your colors too!

Thank you!!!!! I love my bouquet (hopefully!!!!)

So I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Not great but not bad. So it's a total weight loss of 7.8 pounds. I'm getting there...just wish I could get there faster! LOL!!!

redlight
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM

So I lost 1.2 pounds this week. Not great but not bad. So it's a total weight loss of 7.8 pounds. I'm getting there...just wish I could get there faster! LOL!!!

7.8 pounds is great! How much are you trying to lose?

TheDisneyGirl02
06-11-2009, 10:41 PM
7.8 pounds is great! How much are you trying to lose?

As much as I can before I get married! LOL!!!

No really, I want to talk to my doctor about what would be a good goal weight for me. I know I could never get down to what my BMI should be (I actually have more muscle weight in my body than my BMI :scared1:) so I can get a goal weight.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I see you are dieting too...looks like you are doing great too! :)

redlight
06-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Thank you! I'm a little skeptical of BMIs because they don't take into account muscle. My goal of 149 isn't set in stone. I thought I looked pretty good when I was in the low 150s.

MagicMe
06-12-2009, 07:12 AM

Congrats on the 1.2!!! Every little bit helps!! Best to lose it slowly. It's the lifestyle you're changing and that will stick with you and help you maintain the weight lose when you get to your goal.

TheDisneyGirl02
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone!!!!

I am only two days away from my 4 month mark! ACK!!!! There is so much to do yet!!!!!

So a few quick updates.

I got the invitation in the mail on Saturday. I love the look of it, but the paper is a little thinner than I thought it would be. But I LOVE the design and I'm 99% sure that this is what we are going to get. :)

Here is the front of the invitation. (Sorry, this picture was taken on my pillow.)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Invitationpicture1.jpg

Here is how the invitation is folded. (Sorry about my pillow and part of of Dave's! LOL)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Invitationfolds.jpg

So, what do you guys think?

I'm going to go shopping over at TheKnot.com for now. I'll try to post more later!!!

linzwylie
06-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Here you go ......

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/leeroybrown1979/101.jpg

Just read you pj, everything sounds great !

Your engagement ring rocks !!

Linz B xxx

DiSnEyFrEaK22
06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Your bouquet is too cutel!!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Here you go ......

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q162/leeroybrown1979/101.jpg

Just read you pj, everything sounds great !

Your engagement ring rocks !!

Linz B xxx

Thank you!!!!

I LOVE Linz B's hair!!!! That is one of the styles I'm considering now! :)

Your bouquet is too cutel!!

Thank you!!!!! I love it and I can't wait to show the florist! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
06-17-2009, 10:20 PM
OK...here is an update!!!!

I made my attempt tonight at use the glass etching chemicals. Yes Drea, I did wear gloves! :thumbsup2

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Etching.jpg

This is the picture of what I decided to etch on the glass. I just punched it out of regular paper.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/EtchingTapedwithbrush.jpg

I taped that paper (after I cut it of course) to the vase. You can also see the brush there in the picture. Sorry about the newspaper...mom didn't want me to do it on the dining room table! LOL! :lmao:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Etchingwithcream.jpg

This is what it looked like after I applied the cream to the stencil. I'm not sure if I used enough or not. (If anybody knows, please let me know!)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Etchingupclose.jpg

After washing off the cream (in the sink) this is a close up of what it looked like. At first I didn't think it worked because the cream was still on...then I realized I had to actually WASH the cream off and it would be underneath. :idea: This was an extreme close up, even blurry...

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Etchinglaststep.jpg

Last but not least, the picture of the final product. Most of it etched, not all of it though. I'm wondering if it would be different if I used something different than regular paper as the stencil if it would change the outcome. I'm thinking that it would. Once again, if you know the answer, please let me know.

Drea, you can also see the gloves I used in that picture! LOL!

So for the first attempt, it wasn't bad. I need to practice more before I even think about trying to attempt a whole vase/candle holder.

ANYWAY, believe it or not we are at 4 months from the wedding TODAY!!!!!! :scared1: Time sure flies!!!!

I got a call from the woman who owns Saucon Valley Acres on Sunday night and we are going to get together next month to the menu! I'm excited but nervous at the same time!!!! I've only heard wonderful thing about the food there so that :)makes me happy. We are going to either do a buffet/stations or family style. We're not sure yet...opinions anyone?

Well that's all for tonight. I weigh in tomorrow night and I still have 10 points to eat before I go to bed!!!! I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow!

Thanks for reading!!!!! :)

princess22
06-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I just read through your PJ and everything looks great so far. I agree with you on linzwylie's hair! I saw it on the hair thread and instantly fell in love. I'm considering using it also.

I started WW a couple weeks ago. I think 1.2 pounds in a week is awesome. In fact, that's close to what the recommended weekly weight loss is. It's not like the Biggest Loser (not sure if you watch or not)! Be proud of your 1.2, because that's 1.2 closer to your goal! Keep up the good work with WW!!!

Can't wait to read more. I love everything so far

TheDisneyGirl02
06-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I just read through your PJ and everything looks great so far. I agree with you on linzwylie's hair! I saw it on the hair thread and instantly fell in love. I'm considering using it also.

I started WW a couple weeks ago. I think 1.2 pounds in a week is awesome. In fact, that's close to what the recommended weekly weight loss is. It's not like the Biggest Loser (not sure if you watch or not)! Be proud of your 1.2, because that's 1.2 closer to your goal! Keep up the good work with WW!!!

Can't wait to read more. I love everything so far

Thank you!!!! I know, WW isn't The Biggest Loser (grief, I can't imagine dropping 10 pounds in one week!) but it is effective. I really like the program because you aren't restricted to only eating certain foods.

TheDisneyGirl02
06-18-2009, 10:07 PM
It was a frustrating night for me...

Work is really working on my nerves right now. As I type this, I'm searching for jobs...no luck so far. I just feel so stuck and like everybody treats me as a child. Whether or not that is true, that is how I feel. I'm just glad I only have two more days of work before the weekend.

Then onto Weight Watchers - I lost one pound...ONE POUND! I am only down 8.8 pounds (I think...I don't feel like getting up to check) in 7 weeks. My sister on the other hand lost over 2 pounds and received her 5% goal. I am happy for her, but I'm so frustrated for myself. I have to go and have my dress altered next month and I really wanted to lose at least 15 pounds until then. I know that one to two pounds is normal, but I can't say that it isn't frustrating.

The bright light in all of this is Dave. I text messaged him and told him about my one pound loss and he was excited. He makes me smile even when I don't feel like smiling. That is one of the many reasons I'm marrying him.

So, that's my update for tonight. Sorry it's such a downer tonight...

Thanks for reading though! :upsidedow

LLLBelle
06-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Just read through you PJ, everything looks great! I love all the mickey touches and your ring is gourgeous.

Keep up the good work with weight watchers. And just go to your fridge and pick up a pack of butter, that's a pound, and that is awesome :goodvibes and you've almost lost two sacks of potatoes!

Look forward to reading more!

anewmac
06-19-2009, 12:11 AM
WOOOHOO on the weight loss. and ya cant compair to your sister. YES I know your twins but your still differernt LOL. She may lose more now and you later and you both will even out.. either way YOU BOTH are doing great! CONGRATS!

As for the etching try something plastic it doesnt disolve like paper does.
(and good girl on the gloves LMAO

MagicMe
06-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Amy - congrats on the 1 pound lose!!! Regardless of the fact that you are twins, there are differences between you and your sister. Like Drea said - she may be losing early on but she may hit a plateau. You have to stop thinking about her weight lose compared to yours and celebrate the steps you are accomplishing!!!! Don't forget - you're doing this while you have the stress of your job and your wedding!

I see loooooooong walks for you and my DS in the future!!!!!!!!!!

redlight
06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Amy, a pound a week is fantastic progress. Keep at it.

TheDisneyGirl02
06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Just read through you PJ, everything looks great! I love all the mickey touches and your ring is gourgeous.

Keep up the good work with weight watchers. And just go to your fridge and pick up a pack of butter, that's a pound, and that is awesome :goodvibes and you've almost lost two sacks of potatoes!

Look forward to reading more!

Thank you!!!! Thank you also for the comparison to my weight loss. I didn't think about it that way and it's a wonderful way to look at it! :flower3:

WOOOHOO on the weight loss. and ya cant compair to your sister. YES I know your twins but your still differernt LOL. She may lose more now and you later and you both will even out.. either way YOU BOTH are doing great! CONGRATS!

As for the etching try something plastic it doesnt disolve like paper does.
(and good girl on the gloves LMAO

Thank you Drea! :flower3: Thank you also for the suggestion to use plastic instead of paper. Did you use stencils or did you cute out your own?

Amy - congrats on the 1 pound lose!!! Regardless of the fact that you are twins, there are differences between you and your sister. Like Drea said - she may be losing early on but she may hit a plateau. You have to stop thinking about her weight lose compared to yours and celebrate the steps you are accomplishing!!!! Don't forget - you're doing this while you have the stress of your job and your wedding!

I see loooooooong walks for you and my DS in the future!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who don't know, MagicMe is my future DMIL!

Thank you for your encouragement, it really means a lot to me. :hug:

Hey Amy, a pound a week is fantastic progress. Keep at it.

Thank you too! I have to admit, I did 'cheat' tonight. I used my 35 flex points for the week and went out for Chinese food with my sister. We had a wonderful dinner which was very nice. :)

anewmac
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Thank you Drea! :flower3: Thank you also for the suggestion to use plastic instead of paper. Did you use stencils or did you cute out your own?

I found a plastic stencil of a sunflower, it was for a plate. But found it in the stencil area of Michaels or Joann's.

TheDisneyGirl02
06-22-2009, 12:06 AM
I found a plastic stencil of a sunflower, it was for a plate. But found it in the stencil area of Michaels or Joann's.

I have to try to look there for Mickey/Disney stencils. Does anybody know where I could find those?????

I promise I will update soon...I'm hoping to have a few more things done by tomorrow so maybe tomorrow night. :)

TheDisneyGirl02
06-23-2009, 10:30 PM
Just a real quick update! I have to go to bed soon! LOL!

Tomorrow night Dave's cousin is going to come up and try on bridesmaids dresses so I'm really excited for her to see them. :)

Like I said, just a little update! :goodvibes

princess22
06-23-2009, 10:43 PM
One pound is great. I weight in tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have done horrible this week. But I keep telling myself, I can get back on track. This is a life long change that I'm committing to. Be proud of yourself.

If you want, next time I'm in the parks or at DTD I can look out for a Mickey stencil.

tiggersam00
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Celebrate every pound girl! Its a challenge and you are sticking with it which is commendable, we will be your cheerleaders:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Go Amy Go! Go Amy Go!:cheer2:

TheDisneyGirl02
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
One pound is great. I weight in tomorrow and I'm terrified. I have done horrible this week. But I keep telling myself, I can get back on track. This is a life long change that I'm committing to. Be proud of yourself.

If you want, next time I'm in the parks or at DTD I can look out for a Mickey stencil.

So how did you do at the weigh in? Mine is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous already! If you happen to see a stencil at DTD, please do let me know! That would be awesome!

Celebrate every pound girl! Its a challenge and you are sticking with it which is commendable, we will be your cheerleaders:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Go Amy Go! Go Amy Go!:cheer2:

Thank you! It's nice to have cheerleaders cheering me on! :)

princess22
06-24-2009, 01:51 PM
So how did you do at the weigh in? Mine is tomorrow and I'm a little nervous already! If you happen to see a stencil at DTD, please do let me know! That would be awesome!

I weigh in at 5:30. Super nervous. I'm pretty sure I did bad this week. I pigged out last night while watching Army Wives... I'm going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow to get my birthday gift card and I will look in the store for stencils while I'm looking for my birthday gift!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I weigh in at 5:30. Super nervous. I'm pretty sure I did bad this week. I pigged out last night while watching Army Wives... I'm going to Magic Kingdom tomorrow to get my birthday gift card and I will look in the store for stencils while I'm looking for my birthday gift!

I'm sure you did GREAT this week! :) Have fun at the MK and obviously, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Thanks for looking!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
I wanted to make this a long update, but sadly it's almost midnight and I need to get to bed very soon so I don't fall asleep at work!!!

Tonight, my future DMIL (MagicMe), my future DNana, Dave's DAunt (I've never heard of an aunt-in-law) and Dave's DCousin came up to Allentown to have Alyssa (his DCousin) try on bridesmaids dresses.

Poor Alyssa took this dress, which was the smallest size they had, and put it on complete with clips in the back to hold it up! When she came out of the dressing room and saw herself in the mirror, her whole face lit up! :cloud9: I was so happy she liked the dress! :) She said she's going to wear it to her 9th grade dance! :)

We are getting the burnt orange color from Alfred Angelo, but this is the dress. Here is Beth and Alyssa at the store.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BethandAlyssa.jpg

Needless to say, Beth and Alyssa both ordered their dresses now I have to collect the measurements from my other two BM. I need to order those ASAP so they come in in time for the wedding!

Anyway, I weigh in tomorrow...my fingers are crossed that I lose something. I have tried to eat all of my points this week...hopefully that will help! Who knows though!

I'll let you know tomorrow night what happens!

LLLBelle
06-24-2009, 11:27 PM
I love the dresses! Alfred Angelo is the best :goodvibes

princess22
06-24-2009, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the birthday wish! I lost 1 pound this week. Now I know how you felt last week. At first I was like, that's it. But then I thought about how horrible I did this week, and I was glad. Plus, a pound in a week is great. If I lost a pound every week I could lose 52 in a year! I'd be happy with that...

LOVE the bridesmaid dresses. They are beautiful!!!!!! Good luck weighing in tomorrow! I know you'll do great!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
I love the dresses! Alfred Angelo is the best :goodvibes
I LOVE Afred Angelo too! Their gowns are beautiful!

Thanks for the birthday wish! I lost 1 pound this week. Now I know how you felt last week. At first I was like, that's it. But then I thought about how horrible I did this week, and I was glad. Plus, a pound in a week is great. If I lost a pound every week I could lose 52 in a year! I'd be happy with that...

LOVE the bridesmaid dresses. They are beautiful!!!!!! Good luck weighing in tomorrow! I know you'll do great!

Good for you for losing a pound...I"m going to do an update as soon as I done responding on this post and I'll put in there what I lost.

You're very right about looking at it as losing one pound a week is 52 pounds a year! Didn't think of it that way! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
06-25-2009, 10:31 PM
So I have good news and I have bad news...

I'll start with the bad news first.

So tonight was weigh in night at Weight Watchers. We were a little late leaving for the meeting since we were still trying to find out if Michael Jackson died or not (He was such a dance icon, it's so sad) so I was anxious to weigh in when we got there. I emptied my pockets (Chapstick and all!), put my purse down, took off my shoes and stepped on the scale. The girl behind the counter says, "You went down this week, good for you!" so I was very happy! Then she gives me back my tracker booklet and see how much I lost...

.2 pounds

That was it!!! Yes, that is a two with a period IN FRONT OF IT!!!! Grand total of 9 pounds (which is great) but I thought for sure I would hit 10 pounds tonight. My sister didn't lose anything (afterwards we figured out we shared a pickle last night, you know those very salty but yummy deli pickles) so I didn't feel so upset. I am frustrated though. I guess it is because I go in for alterations next month and I thought I would lose weight faster than I am. Oh well...

Now the good news!

I ordered a few things from TheKnot.com last Monday and I finally got them in the mail today! :yay:

I ordered a Newlywed sticker that I'm planning on putting on a magnet to stick to our rental car at WDW.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/NWsticker.jpg

I also ordered a 100 day before your wedding rip off calendar.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/100daycalendar.jpg
I'm excited to see what it says everyday! I'll be able to start it very soon!

Last thing I ordered was a small bridesmaid's gift. It's a little manicure set in a purse. Here is a picture of it from the website.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Manisetsbridemaids.jpg

Here is a picture it opened up. Ignore my hand (and also ignore my hand in the calendar pic too!)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BMgifts.jpg
It was much bigger than I thought it was going to be! It's so cute and I'm excited to give it to them. I'm going to get them something else, but I'm just not sure what that is going to be yet.

So that is my update for tonight. I told Dave today that we need to think about wording for the invitations this weekend. He said that this should be the wording:
“We is havin’ a weddin’ so be there!”

LOL!!!! He's so clever but I thought something more along the lines of fairy tales and dreams come true! :)

anewmac
06-27-2009, 03:33 AM
ha Dave cracks me up!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Well this update bring some good news and some bad news...

Bad news first...
I found out that my one bridesmaid won't be able to be in my wedding. Sadly there are too many crazy things going on in her personal and she just isn't sure if she'll be able to make it up to PA. I'm very sad, but at the same time I want her to get everything worked out at home. I know that even if she isn't there in person, she'll be there in spirit! :hug: I still have to figure out another bridemaids...I had one of my girl's at work offer! LOL!

That also means that her daughter won't be able to be my flower girl which bums me out because I've wanted her to be my FG for years! But once again, I'd rather have her Mommy get things worked out.

But the good news is...
I do now have a Flower Girl! It's my other bridesmaid's daughter! Granted, she is only going to be a year and a half old at the time of the wedding, I'm just excited that she'll get to share in our special day. I also have emailed Dave's cousin to see if her son would be our ring bearer. He will be almost 2 in October so he will be around the FG's age. Right now I'm trying to find outfits for both of them. I did find a cute dress at Target for the FG. The best part, it's only $17.99!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FGDressTarget.jpg

I figure that my mom could take off the white bow and just add a sash of burnt orange to the dress. Now I just have to find something for the possible RB. I don't want them to spend a lot of money on a dress/outfit that the babies can only wear once especially since they are so young.

So I wanted to post a longer update, but I need to get to bed. We have inventory at work tomorrow so it's going to be a LONG day. I'll try to update tomorrow again.

Thanks for reading!!!

LLLBelle
06-29-2009, 11:39 PM
A loss is a loss, congrats on that!

I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid, I know how you feel on that one and my MOH dropped out on me, but it always ends up working out. Really cute FG dress!

anewmac
06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Sorry to hear about the one bridesmaid but hope everything works out for her.

For the ring bearer outift, When I was shopping for the boys suits for the cruise I went to EBAY and found cheap suits, I paid $40 but they were cheaper for lil boys/babies. Even with shipping. $25-$30 I believe .. so theirs a thought.

also Hows the knee, I saw on facebook its been giving you some trouble you poor thing!

TheDisneyGirl02
06-30-2009, 10:35 PM
A loss is a loss, congrats on that!

I'm sorry to hear about your bridesmaid, I know how you feel on that one and my MOH dropped out on me, but it always ends up working out. Really cute FG dress!

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss. Thursday is the last weigh in before I go on vacation so I'm hoping I hit 10 pounds! My fingers are crossed!

Sorry to hear about the one bridesmaid but hope everything works out for her.

For the ring bearer outift, When I was shopping for the boys suits for the cruise I went to EBAY and found cheap suits, I paid $40 but they were cheaper for lil boys/babies. Even with shipping. $25-$30 I believe .. so theirs a thought.

also Hows the knee, I saw on facebook its been giving you some trouble you poor thing!

I do hope everything works out for my friend...she deserves something good to happen to her.

So my knee...it's not even the knee I just had surgery on...it's the other knee! Isn't the bump gross? I'll have to post pictures tomorrow...basically I think my screw from my ACL surgery I had in 2006 is backing out. I have this lovely lump (that may I add stays in place when I move my knee skin around it!) on my knee where my screw is and it's been causing pain. So I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to see what he says. I'm scared because they may take it out in the office which would involve a local and I don't like that! Or it may have to be taken out in the OR...we'll see tomorrow. So my smartypants sister writes on my FB, "Do you think they will use a Phillips or a regular screw driver?" She should talk...she's had the same surgery done twice! LOL!!!!

Anyway, I want to update a little more, but I'm so beat! I had inventory at work tonight so I was there for 12 hours. I think I'm still counting the little elephants! :scared1: I'll update tomorrow night for sure! :)

anewmac
07-01-2009, 12:39 AM
HA im lol at your sis's comments! I like her :) lol

TheDisneyGirl02
07-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I actually have two updates - one wedding and one knee. I'll start with the knee.

Here are the pictures that I promised of the bump on my knee.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BumpKnee.jpg

This is the top view of my knee. You can see the ACL scar and right by the lower mole is the bump.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Kneebump.jpg
This is the side view of my knee (those are Dave's sneakers in the background!) and the bump that shouldn't be there!

So I went to my doctor today. He's done all of my ACL reconstructions (all three!) so I really trust him. The PA came in first and felt the bump and I nearly went into orbit because it hurt so much! My doctor came in and did the same thing and said, 'Yes, that's your screw and the washer'! I was afraid they were going to take it out in the office, but instead they are going to put me under, use a little local, open up a small part of my knee, take out the screw and the washer, and stitch me up. I have to talk to my boss before scheduling anything though. Luckily it is a short recovery period, only a day or two.

Now onto the wedding update!

We have a ring bearer now! He is Dave's little second cousin. He is going to almost 2 at the time of the wedding. He is so cute and I'm so excited to him as part of our special day!

Last night, I also bought the Disney Fairytale Wedding CD from Ebay.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/WeddingCD.jpg

I love it! I previewed it on my iPhone and it's all instrumental music that I'm planning on playing during dinner. It's fits us perfectly! :)

I'm also in the process of trying to find invitation wording. I found a few that I liked that I emailed to Dave. Hopefully we can pick one soon.

Another important decision needs to be made very soon too - we need to plan our ADR's for our Disneymoon! I know we want to do CRT (I love Cinderella, she's my favorite princess) and Hoop-Dee-Doo (we both love the show! I saw it with Dave for the first time in 2007 and I can't wait to see it again!) as well as Le Cellier. I also want to try the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake. We may go back to Kona, we really enjoyed dinner there. I'll keep you updated on our choices!

MagicMe
07-02-2009, 07:28 AM
So I'm guessing Sunshine said yes???!!!

I guess you can have the Mom's help the two little ones down the aisle, if needed. They will look adorable.

TheDisneyGirl02
07-02-2009, 09:41 PM
So I'm guessing Sunshine said yes???!!!

I guess you can have the Mom's help the two little ones down the aisle, if needed. They will look adorable.

Yes, she did say yes and I was so excited!

I figured the mom's can help walk them down the aisle or just have Nana step out into the aisle and the RB will go running to her! :)

Even though I'm so sad that Gail won't be able to make it, but I'm excited about the new developments!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Tonight was weigh in night and FINALLY I lost a good amount of weight! :banana::banana::banana:

3.6 pounds!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

So it's a grand total of 12.6 pounds so far! I'm very happy about that!

Here are the two invitation wordings that Dave liked.

Just like a page out of a fairy tale
the storybook romance comes true . . .
BRIDE
and
GROOM
invite you to share in the joy
when they exchange marriage vows
on DAY
YEAR
at TIME
CITY, STATE

and

In the spirit of the magic
that brought us together
we, BRIDE
and
GROOM
invite you to join us
for a fairy tale wedding --
the beginning of our "happily-ever-after"
on DAY
YEAR
at TIME
CITY, STATE

What do you guys think? I do also want to include both my parents and Dave's mom in the invitation, so I do have to rework some wording. But overall, I do like the first part and the middle part of the wording. We'll probably order invitations next weekend.

MagicMe
07-03-2009, 08:28 AM
We'll probably order invitations next weekend.

Ah - yeah :rolleyes1 Sooner than later would probably be best!

BTW - enjoy your vacation! Have a wonderful trip and make sure all the drivers drive safely!!!!

redlight
07-03-2009, 06:05 PM
12.6 pounds down!! YAY! Are you seeing changes yet?

MagicMe
07-03-2009, 08:06 PM
:upsidedow I can't believe I forgot to CONGRATULATE you on the great weight loss!!!

Don't forget to keep counting those points on vacation!!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Ah - yeah :rolleyes1 Sooner than later would probably be best!

BTW - enjoy your vacation! Have a wonderful trip and make sure all the drivers drive safely!!!!

I'm actually not driving on this trip...it's not WDW so I don't know where I'm going! LOL! My Dad and my sister are driving and my sister drives soooo slowly, we'll be lucky if we get to Kentucky tomorrow! LOL!!!

12.6 pounds down!! YAY! Are you seeing changes yet?

Thank you! I am seeing changes in my clothing, especially my work pants. I literally have to hold them up now. I'm not thin enough for the next size down yet, but I'm getting there! :thumbsup2

:upsidedow I can't believe I forgot to CONGRATULATE you on the great weight loss!!!

Don't forget to keep counting those points on vacation!!!!!!

Thank you! I'm so happy it's starting to come off. I think my thyroid medicine may have kicked in finally...

I'm going to be very careful on vacation as far as points are concerned. We have a lot of healthy snacks packed and I'm going to make good choices at meals. I know I will probably gain a little weight because I'm not getting all of the fresh veggies that I'm used to...but if I do, I'll get it back off. My intent is not to gain weight, but if it happens, I'm not going to let it stop me.

MagicMe
07-04-2009, 06:34 AM
I'm going to be very careful on vacation as far as points are concerned. We have a lot of healthy snacks packed and I'm going to make good choices at meals. I know I will probably gain a little weight because I'm not getting all of the fresh veggies that I'm used to...but if I do, I'll get it back off. My intent is not to gain weight, but if it happens, I'm not going to let it stop me.

Just have fun! I'm sure your parents are going to love having a vacation with their two girls again!! Course, I'm sure Dave will be there in spirit (and on the phone :rotfl2:).

TheDisneyGirl02
07-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Just have fun! I'm sure your parents are going to love having a vacation with their two girls again!! Course, I'm sure Dave will be there in spirit (and on the phone :rotfl2:).

He has been here in spirit with me! I can't tell you how may times I've said "I wish Dave were here to see this"!

I do have a small update but pictures will have to wait until I get home. I bought the lace for my garter! My mom is making me my garter and since we are in Springfield, IL and every historic place closes at 5pm, we went to Joanne's the other night and I picked out the lace. :yay:

That's all for now! I'll try to update this weekend once we get home! :)

ghoulish delight
07-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! :yay: And I love love the wording for the invites! So cute! The second one of the two you posted is so adorable I might have to steal it... :rolleyes1

TheDisneyGirl02
07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Congrats on your weight loss! :yay: And I love love the wording for the invites! So cute! The second one of the two you posted is so adorable I might have to steal it... :rolleyes1

I'm hoping after being away on vacation for a week, I at least stay close to my current weight loss. I tried to make good choices, but it can be hard while being away from home. I'll find out on Thursday how I did!

Feel free to steal away! I got that saying online, so please use it! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Things that I need to do tomorrow:

- Call reception site
- Finalize registry - we are 99% done, but there are a still a few things that we need to add.
- Try to get invitation proof ordered.

What I am doing for sure this week:

- Meeting with the florist.
- Order the other two bridesmaids dresses from Alfred Angelo.

I guess I should update that I have a bridesmaid since my one friend is having family issues and wasn't sure if she would be able to make it here or not. My friend Kim is going to be in my bridal party. I've known Kim for years and she is actually my sister's very good friend...they are actually going on a cruise together next week! (Lucky them, though it's not Disney...) She has always wanted to be a wedding planner so this is right up her alley! I'm just glad that I have my bridesmaids complete now. I'm still hoping my friend who is having family problems will be able to make it to the wedding because I really want her there, but it is more important for her to get things worked out than it is to come to PA for my wedding.

I'll have to post the put the picture of the lace for my garter on tomorrow...I think it may still be in packed in the luggage from vacation!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Just a quick update.

Here is the picture of the lace for my garter that I purchased last week in IL.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/GarterLace.jpg

I can't wait to see it as a finished product! I'm so happy that my mom is making my garter!

Tomorrow night we are meeting with the florist. I'm excited but nervous because I don't know exactly what kind of flowers I want. I know what I want my bouquet to look like, but as far as flowers are concerned, I'm kind of clueless! Thankfully we know the florist so I'm sure she'll be very helpful. I'll try to post an update about that tomorrow night.

Sorry about the short update.

anewmac
07-14-2009, 11:16 PM
cant wait to see how mom makes the garter!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
cant wait to see how mom makes the garter!

Thanks, Drea! I can't wait to see it either! :)

I went with my mom and my sister to meet with the florist tonight. The owner of the shop is an old family friend however we met with her daughter who I have known since I was little but I haven't seen in years. It was so nice to see her! She was so excited to get the process going. She said that my bouquet is very possible so I was very excited! She gave me a homework assignment until our next meeting, to look for flowers/bouquets that I like. So if anybody has any suggestions for flower/bouquet sites, let me know! :)

Dave and I are trying to decide what we are going to put on the menu at the reception. I emailed the site asking about a tasting and I felt so horrible because she said that we should have done this months ago! I didn't know! If I had known, I would have been in touch with her a long time ago. Anyway, before I go to bed tonight I'm going to look at the list, send it to Dave (he sent me what he liked), finalize it and send it to the site tomorrow. I do feel really badly and I apologized so much!!

I had a scare on Monday night. Dave was getting ready to leave my house to go home and all of the sudden I started having trouble breathing, like my asthma was acting up. I took a sip of Diet Coke and it felt like my throat was closing. I thought it was still my asthma at this point, so Dave left and went home. I promised to call him in case I needed to go to the hospital. I went into the bathroom, looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that my face and chest were starting to become covered with hives. That was when I knew it was time to go to the hospital.

Needless to say, I got to the hospital, my voice was high and squeaky because I couldn't breath right and my eyelid was swollen. I got back in the little room in the ER and right away they hooked me up to an IV and a monitor. This is what my arm looks like tonight after the first IV attempt.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/IV.jpg

The second attempt went much better (and didn't hurt nearly as much). I was realized after some IV meds and a breathing treatment. I still don't' know what started the allergic reaction. Sigh...

anewmac
07-16-2009, 01:01 AM
OMG you poor thing how scary! Glad you feel better! Your poor arm. Gonna look like MJ with track marks LOL :)

Ok and its not your fault for the reception hall asking for a tasting, they should have offered (or at least in my opinion.) Or at least suggested to do it in a certain amount of time for their convenience now that they are making you feel like its an inconvenience. YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER!

MagicMe
07-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Amy - I agree with Drea. When you booked this it was months ago and at that time there was nothing else to do. They should have been in touch with you to schedule a tasting or at least find out if you wanted one. You would normally have a tasting about the time that you are setting your menu and I'm sure they have a date for that. Seriously, you are 3 months out so I don't see why you would have done it months ago. I think this is a perfect time.

TheDisneyGirl02
07-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Sadly today I was laid off of my full time job. I found out just a few hours ago. They had to lay off two people and I was one of them. I'm sad, but at the same time I'm relieved because I truly haven't been happy there for a while. The shock hasn't worn off yet...grief I don't know when it will for sure. I'm feeling a little better now because I would be home from work at this point but I'm still shocked.

So I'm hoping a new window opens soon.

I'll try to update a little more later tonight. :)

anewmac
07-16-2009, 11:17 PM
aww hunny im so sorry. I know what its like to not like a job and still be let go from it, it sucks. BUT better things are around the corner! Im sure of it!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-16-2009, 11:36 PM
aww hunny im so sorry. I know what its like to not like a job and still be let go from it, it sucks. BUT better things are around the corner! Im sure of it!

Thanks Drea. :hug:

So even with all of the bad news today I had a good thing happen.

I actually lost .2 pounds this week! Not bad for being away on vacation for a week. Sadly my sister gained weight...but I was glad that I lost at least a little.

No real wedding updates...I'm still trying to wrap my mind about being out of work. I'll try to update soon because we are at 3 months tomorrow! :)

PrincessShea
07-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Awww, virtual hug :hug: I'm really sorry, that sucks. Sadly, like most people I'm sure, I know a lot of people who have been laid off in the last year and it sucks. I hope everything works out and you find a new job soon. Congrats on the weight loss though :woohoo:

TheDisneyGirl02
07-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Awww, virtual hug :hug: I'm really sorry, that sucks. Sadly, like most people I'm sure, I know a lot of people who have been laid off in the last year and it sucks. I hope everything works out and you find a new job soon. Congrats on the weight loss though :woohoo:

Thank you for the virtual hug...I appreciate it.

I'm am happy for the weight loss too! I feel badly for my sister but I needed some good news today!

MagicMe
07-17-2009, 07:44 AM
I'm a true believer that when a door closes a window opens!! I've experienced this several times and things always seem to work out the way they should. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the hurt/fear/anquish dissipate right away and the window doesn't always open immediately but I've found that I usually end up in a better place.

For now, get yourself set up for unemployment and settle down a bit. Then you can start to look around to see what you may want to do. Hey - on the bright side, you have some time available to really think about what you'd like to do while you're still making some money.

I know things will work out for you, just hang in there!!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm a true believer that when a door closes a window opens!! I've experienced this several times and things always seem to work out the way they should. Unfortunately, it doesn't make the hurt/fear/anquish dissipate right away and the window doesn't always open immediately but I've found that I usually end up in a better place.

For now, get yourself set up for unemployment and settle down a bit. Then you can start to look around to see what you may want to do. Hey - on the bright side, you have some time available to really think about what you'd like to do while you're still making some money.

I know things will work out for you, just hang in there!!

I didn't think of it that way! I should be able to do more wedding planning at least. Just have to get myself out of this initial rutt and then I'll be fine. :hug:

TheDisneyGirl02
07-17-2009, 09:37 PM
I really don't have an update today...still trying to get used to the idea of being unemployed, but today is a milestone!

3 months until our wedding!!!!!

Just had to share!

ghoulish delight
07-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Yay for there only being three more months!!! :woohoo: That's super exciting!

I am sorry though about you losing your job. :sad2: I certainly empathize, because I was laid off from my full time job at the end of last year. Honestly, as shocking as it is, I hated my job too. Since then, I've been in school to become something I really want to do and now I'm almost done. All the while, collecting unemployment! And everything happens for a reason! So I hope you'll be able to figure out what you really want. :thumbsup2

MagicMe
07-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I am sorry though about you losing your job. :sad2: I certainly empathize, because I was laid off from my full time job at the end of last year. Honestly, as shocking as it is, I hated my job too. Since then, I've been in school to become something I really want to do and now I'm almost done. All the while, collecting unemployment! And everything happens for a reason! So I hope you'll be able to figure out what you really want. :thumbsup2

AMY - SEE!!!!!!!! This could end being one of the best things for you!! :thumbsup2

TheDisneyGirl02
07-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Yay for there only being three more months!!! :woohoo: That's super exciting!

AMY - SEE!!!!!!!! This could end being one of the best things for you!! :thumbsup2

I was thinking about maybe taking a class after the wedding...we'll have to see.

Dave and I went looking for tuxes and rings today. I'll have to try to find the rings online so I can show you what they look like. They are very nice and fit us both well.

I'll try to update more tonight or tomorrow.

TheDisneyGirl02
07-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Just a quick update. Today was our 90 day mark to make our ADRs for our Disneymoon! Since I had to drive home for a doctor's appointment this morning, Dave got up early before work and called and got everything we wanted!!!

Let's see...
October 19 - The first day in the park - Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:40pm so I'm hoping for Wishes that night!!!

October 21 - Le Cellier at 8:25pm

October 22 - Cape May Cafe Clam Bake - 8:10pm (I love mussels and clams!!!)

October 23 - Hoop Dee Doo Review - Cat 1 at 7:15pm (we LOVE HDDR!!!)

October 24 - Kona Cafe - 8:10pm - Can't wait to have some sushi there!

October 25 - Chefs de France - 8:20pm - We should have a view of Illuminations!

October 26 - Chef Mickey's breakfast - 7:20am

We don't have any ADRs for Oct 20, 26, 27, 28 or 29th yet. We're not sure if we're going to add any or not. We are doing two MNSSHP so we'll probably just get counter services those days. October 29 is Dave's birthday, so I'm going to let it up to him where we have dinner that night. :)

I was really glad to have all of that done so it's one more thing to check off my list. :)

Next Monday, we're going to the reception hall to sort out all of the details and pick the food for the reception. This week (Wednesday) I'm having minor surgery to have my screw removed from my knee that has been causing me so much pain. I figured I should do it before my insurance runs out! I'll also take the time to update/redo my resume so I can start getting it out. It should be a busy week!

anewmac
07-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Im jealouse over your ADR's cant wait to hear about some of the food from them!

hope the surgery goes well... hugs

TheDisneyGirl02
07-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry it's taken me a couple of days to update!

I had minor knee surgery on Wednesday. Basically they removed the screw and the washer from my left knee that initially held my ACL graft in place when I had the reconstruction surgery in 2006. It's been causing me pain and I didn't really need it anymore. When I lost my job last week, I called my doctor to see if he could squeeze me in before my insurance ran out and thankfully he was able to. Dave and my mom came with me and the procedure was rather short. The best part about it was that the woman who put in my IV was awesome!!!!! I could hardly feel it at all! I was so happy she was so gentle!

The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it still was there. Yesterday I slept pretty much, but I did go to Weight Watchers (more on that in a bit) and to Wegman's to get dinner. I did have a hard time sleeping the last night - getting comfortable was the problem. I slept REALLY late today from the pain medicine. I unwrapped it today and I couldn't believe how much gauze was wrapped around it! Here is a picture of my knee that I took today.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Knee.jpg

Good part is my knee is feeling a lot better so I'm very happy!

Before I talk about Weight Watchers, I have to say it's been a bad week eating wise. First I lose my job, then my dad decides to redo the kitchen cabinets and then I had my surgery. We ate out almost every night this past week because there is literally nothing in the kitchen - the utensils are in the living room, the plates are in the family room, the toaster is in the dining room - you get the picture. So I didn't eat like I should have eaten and I paid for it. Plus the day before I had had an entire IV bag pushed through my system so I had some of that still in me. I also wasn't as careful as I should have been and that was my fault. So, I went in and got weighed in and gained ... 7 pounds!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it but at the same time I wasn't surprised. Good thing is I'm back on track again and I'm feeling good about it. :thumbsup2

The last couple of days not much wedding planning has been going on - just a lot of sleeping! LOL! However I decided on one thing which I'm very excited about.

I told my mom that since I am out of work right now, I would like for her to teach me how to sew - not like mending but sewing clothing and things like that. She has always wanted to teach me because it was something her mom taught her and she wanted to pass it onto me (and well my sister too if she is willing to learn). So my mom mentioned that why don't we make the flower girl's dress while she is teaching me to sew. I thought that was a great idea! With her guidance, it will turn out great! I'm starting to look at patterns right now (like literally after I post this) and I think we will go to Joanne's tomorrow to look for material and all. I'll keep you all posted with what happens.

anewmac
07-25-2009, 02:08 PM
So glad your surgery went well. Sorry for the weight gain but im sure once you get back into the swing of things it will all be good!

Thats a great idea about sewing, how fun, Ive always wanted to learn that too. Cant wait to see how it turns out!

ghoulish delight
07-27-2009, 02:48 AM
Happy to hear your surgery went well! Now let's hope for a speedy recovery for ya! :goodvibes No biggie on the weight! It's so easy to slip up every now and again... least I know I'm guilty of it! :angel: Besides, you'll lose it all again in no time!

LLLBelle
07-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm sorry to hear about you losing your job, but everything does happen for a reason. It could be a blessing in disguise.

Your honeymoon updates look good and yea for being under 3 months now!

I hope you have a speedy recovery for your knee!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the well wishes with my knee. It is doing so much better! It's still a little numb, but it is getting back to normal! I'm walking normally now (actually walked around the entire Franklin Mills Mall yesterday which is a big mall if you have never been there).

Anyway, I have a reception update!!!!

We went to Saucon Valley Acres tonight to do reception planning/food tasting. It was so much fun! We tasted the meatballs, asparagus wrapped in pastry, mini beef wellington, bacon wrapped scallops, roasted red potatoes in a herb and garlic butter (OMG, they were great!), beef burgundy and chicken picante. It was sooooooooo good! The beef burgundy, I can't even describe how yummy it is! We talked about my mom (who is a celiac- she can't eat anything with wheat, gluten, modified food starch, and many other things) and they said that they could make her food with corn starch instead. We also talked about Dave's uncle who is a vegan. They were great and just told us to let them know what they could both eat and they would make something for both of them! :) They also said it was OK to bring in a small cake my mom can eat! :goodvibes

So...here is our menu........ drum roll please:

Fruit and Cheese Display

Appetizers:
Mozzarella sticks with marinara
Chicken nuggets with honey mustard
Potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream
Beef teriyaki sate
Scallops wrapped in bacon

Fresh gourmet mixed greens with cucumber, tomato and seasoned croutons with Italian dressing (and one salad without crouton for my mom)

Buffet Options:
Beef tips burgundy (mushrooms)
Baked ziti
Red Bliss potatoes (the potatoes I described above)
Green beans with toasted almonds
Wild Rice

Carving Station:
Carved turkey with turkey gravy

Dessert:
Wedding Cake

So there it is!

We are also having a traditional head table with the entire wedding party. We are going to do our first dance right after we are introduced (our first dance is to "So This Is Love" from Cinderella :lovestruc) followed by the toasts and the blessing then dinner!

The cocktail hour is going to start at 4:30pm (the ceremony is going to be at 2:30pm). Saucon Valley Acres doesn't have an alcohol license, so we have to bring our own liquor which is not a problem. They do arrange to have kegs delivered so we are going to have Yuengling and Miller Light (I think it's Miller Light) on tap. My sister is on a cruise and picked up some alcohol today at one of the islands. I'm not sure what she got, I'll post that after she gets home on Saturday. :thumbsup2

I am really excited for the wedding!!!! I can't wait!

Thanks for reading and I will update again soon!

anewmac
07-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Hey brining your own alcohol is great.. CHEAPER and you get to take leftovers home! LOL

love the menu think i need to go run after just reading it :)

LLLBelle
07-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Your menu sounds delicious, it's making me hungry!

My FSIL did the same thing with alcohol for her wedding, she brought her own. To keep costs down they did beer and wine and did a alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch. You may want to check out some places that will let you return any unused bottles. I know that is what my FFIL did, just not sure where he bought them (this was in Jersey). In case you need more than what your sister is bringing home for you and to save some monies.

TheDisneyGirl02
07-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey brining your own alcohol is great.. CHEAPER and you get to take leftovers home! LOL

love the menu think i need to go run after just reading it :)

Your menu sounds delicious, it's making me hungry!

My FSIL did the same thing with alcohol for her wedding, she brought her own. To keep costs down they did beer and wine and did a alcoholic and non-alcoholic punch. You may want to check out some places that will let you return any unused bottles. I know that is what my FFIL did, just not sure where he bought them (this was in Jersey). In case you need more than what your sister is bringing home for you and to save some monies.

Thank you both! I'm very excited about the menu choices!

LLLBelle - thank you for the advice on the alcohol! I can't wait to see my sister drag the suitcase full of alcohol off th ship! LOL!!!! :)

I'm going to do an update tomorrow night for sure. I have a bunch of flower pictures saved on the computer at my house (I'm at Dave's house...awww the one great thing about being unemployed is I get to spend more time with him) and I want to post those. I also bought my wedding shoes today! I'll post those pictures tomorrow too! :)

Thanks for reading!

ghoulish delight
07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
OMG! Your menu sounds delicious!! :goodvibes Glad to hear it went well for you!

klacey1
07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Love reading this! I know DBF will never agree to a Disney wedding, so I love living vicariously through you and the rest of the girls!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-29-2009, 11:22 PM
OMG! Your menu sounds delicious!! :goodvibes Glad to hear it went well for you!

I am so excited about the menu too! :)

Love reading this! I know DBF will never agree to a Disney wedding, so I love living vicariously through you and the rest of the girls!
Thanks for reading! I saw on your ticker you have a trip coming up soon! I hope you have a magical time! :)

So here is a small update!

After literally looking through three malls and countless other stores, I finally found my shoes! They are simple but very me at the same time.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/weddingshoes.jpg

They are Easy Spirit shoes. They are so comfortable! Since I have such knee problems, I couldn't do a high heel, but I wanted a little heel so this was perfect! They were $40 so I didn't think that was too bad.

When I went to see the florist the other week, she gave me homework to look for different flower combinations for the bouquets. Here are some of my favorites:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FlowersBM2.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/flowersBM.jpg

And my favorite (taken right off of Disney Florist)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FlowersBM3.jpg

Now I just have to figure out what I want!

I need to find the toasting glasses, cake knife and server and guest book soon. I'm hoping to order the invitations tomorrow. :)

Thanks for reading and I'll update soon!

TheDisneyGirl02
07-31-2009, 11:43 PM
Hi everyone! I'm here for a short update!

First of all, I'm glad to say that I did lose one pound this week! I was hoping for more, but at least I lost.

While I was shoppng on Tuesday for shoes, I happened to come across this adorable purse that I knew was perfect for my darling Flower Girl! I had to buy it!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FGPurse.jpg

It will be perfect for her!

When I arrived home on Wednesday (I was staying at Dave's house, heck I have a lot of free time now so I was spending some extra time with him) I found that my mom and my sister had ordered some really cute placemats for the kids coming to the reception. They ordered them from Oriental Trading Company. My mom bought the crayons at Target for literally like $.24 a pack! They are so cute!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Placemats.jpg

I also called the minister today and we are going to meet with him on August 17.

Things are coming along, so I'm happy!

ghoulish delight
08-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Hooray for shoes! And those floral arrangements are lovely! So bright and colorful!! :thumbsup2 That FG purse is too too adorable, and nice find on the cute placemats for the kids!

TheDisneyGirl02
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Hooray for shoes! And those floral arrangements are lovely! So bright and colorful!! :thumbsup2 That FG purse is too too adorable, and nice find on the cute placemats for the kids!

Thanks!

I have been looking at flowers everywhere I go! Today we were at a cute farmer's market and there I am with my iPhone snapping pictures of the different flower combinations! LOL! The workers probably thought I was nuts! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Guess what I finally did yesterday???

I ordered our invitations! It took me nearly 2 hours to do it, but they are at the 'printer'. I'm waiting on the email proof and then we are good to go! :) I'm happy that one thing is out of the way!

My wonderful FDMIL (MagicMe) has so nicely offered to do the hospitality baskets for the bathrooms. I know that men probably don't care if there is a basket with filled with hairspray and mints, but I think it is such a cute idea! The bathrooms (well, I should say the woman's room) is so cute! It's like four little powder rooms in one overall bathroom! Let's just say it will really come in handy when I'm wearing my fluffy dress! :)

My sister is home from her cruise. She had a good time and she brought me some liquor. Here is a blurry picture of the booze.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/alcohol.jpg

Sorry it is blurry! I believe the big bottles of Vodka were only $10 each! :)

Dress update!
I called Alfred Angelo yesterday and made my first dress appointment. It's not until August 29th :scared1: but the guy assured me it would be done in time for the wedding. I think I asked him three times! I'm excited for it and I'm happy becaue it gives me a few extra weeks to lose some weight! :thumbsup2

So that's it for now! Thanks for reading! :)

nenner1
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I just cannot believe how close it's getting! :goodvibes

dbk1029
08-05-2009, 03:16 PM
You can't believe it? :faint:

TheDisneyGirl02
08-05-2009, 05:51 PM
I just cannot believe how close it's getting! :goodvibes
I know, I can't believe it either!!!!

Hi baby! I was wondering when you were going to post over here!!!! This is my dear DF!!!!!! I love you, Dave! :)

MagicMe
08-06-2009, 06:38 AM

Yeah - like you're doing so much work for this wedding!!! :rotfl:

anewmac
08-07-2009, 01:15 AM
Your shoes reminded me of our favorite characters.. Well except her are black.. and its when she's the "maid"... But other then that they look like Cinderella's.. well I thought so but now .. there just cute shoes LOL.

Wow its all coming together so well. and SO fast!

Yeah - like you're doing so much work for this wedding!!!

HA spoken like a true mom :)

TheDisneyGirl02
08-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone!!!!!

Guess what today was? It was my surprise Cinderella themed bridal shower!

I was so surprised! It was on the second floor of a firehall and I walked up the steps with Dave and everyone yelled surprise!!!!!! One of the most exciting things for me was that my very dear friend (and one of my bridesmaids) came up from Maryland with her daughter for the shower! Her daughter is my flowergirl! It was the first time I had seen her daughter since she was 3 months old so I was so excited to see her. :)

There is so much I want to write on here but I am SOOOOO tired! It was a long yet fun day! I promise I will write more later because it was a great shower! The one thing I want to put in here before I forget is the web site of the one gift my friend got for us. It is our last name spelled out using different letters from Disney attractions, restaurants and lands! It is so neat! Here is the web site in case you are interested in seeing it.

http://wdwalphabets.myshopify.com/

Here are a few pictures from today for now. I will promise to post more later! :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/showerpresents.jpg
All of our presents! I couldn't believe how many there were when I got there!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/showercake.jpg
The beautiful cake that Dave's mom made for us! It was delicious!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/meandcake.jpg
Me with the cake right before I cut it.

Tomorrow Dave and I are going to Hershey Park with Jamequa (my bridesmaid), her husband and daughter (my flowergirl). I can't wait! So it may be a few days (also because I'm trying to put the finishing touches on my resume for that job I'm applying for) but I will write more!

Thanks for reading!!! :)

redlight
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Happy for you having a bridal shower thrown for you.:) Hope you have fun in Hershey!

ghoulish delight
08-10-2009, 02:01 AM
What a cute bridal shower you had! Love the cake and Cinderella stuff! :cutie: And that WDW alphabet website is awesome! Wish they had one just for Disneyland, then I'd be set! ;) Hehe.

trudy88
08-10-2009, 06:42 AM
The Cinderella theme looks beautiful! What a nice shower!

TheDisneyGirl02
08-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Happy for you having a bridal shower thrown for you.:) Hope you have fun in Hershey!

What a cute bridal shower you had! Love the cake and Cinderella stuff! :cutie: And that WDW alphabet website is awesome! Wish they had one just for Disneyland, then I'd be set! ;) Hehe.

The Cinderella theme looks beautiful! What a nice shower!

Thank you!!!!! We had a great day at Hershey today! Somehow we picked the hottest day of the summer to go, but it was wonderful none-the-less. :)

LLLBelle
08-10-2009, 11:24 PM
What a great bridal shower, too cute, love the theme. Love that WDW website, awesome!

TheDisneyGirl02
08-12-2009, 11:07 PM
What a great bridal shower, too cute, love the theme. Love that WDW website, awesome!

Thank you! It was a beautiful shower!

So much has been happening in the last couple of days that I can't possibly be able to put it all in one update. So here is at least a one of many updates of things that have been going on!

Last Friday my family and I went shopping in Lancaster, PA. For those of you who don't know, there's a lot to do and see in Lancaster! They have great outlet shopping, great food, interesting town names (Intercourse, Bird-In-Hand, Paradise) and did I mention great shopping?

I was looking for a flower girl dress. We looked in Carter's and found a beautiful short sleeved white sweater that I bought for her to wear over her dress in case it was a cooler day. There was a kids store a few doors down from Carter's so I thought, we'll look in there. Believe it or not, I found the perfect dress in the sale section!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FLdress.jpg
Now we're taking the flowers off of the dress and putting on a burnt orange ribbon, but isn't it cute? Here is the dress with the sweater.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/FLdresswithsweater.jpg
I think they look perfect together! :)

So I was proud of myself for those finds. I also bought my bridesmaids Coach wristlets that were on sale for $24 each! I would take a picture but they are wrapped sooooo nicely that I hate to unwrap them and try to put it back together. I was really excited about that find! We also bought the glass vases for the center pieces. It was a great shopping trip! :)

I told my mom that I wanted a Disney charm on my garter. Years ago (like when I first got my job at the Disney Store back in 1999) the stores had charm bracelets and charms and of course I bought them! So I have a Mickey Mouse Club hat charm that I'm going to have on my garter. Here is a horrible and blurry picture of it, but at least you get the picture.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/charm.jpg

I loved the 90's version of the Mickey Mouse Club so this is perfect for me! Gives me a little MMC on my wedding day! :)

I also ordered and got our toasting glasses for the wedding from Ebay this past week. They are so cute and perfect for us!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/glasses.jpg

Last part of the update:
Dave got measured for his tux tonight for the wedding! :) Here is the color of the vests and ties. Although it may not look like it on here, it goes very well with the burnt orange color.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/tux.jpg

So that is it for now. I'm hoping that I can figure out how to upload the pictures from the shower to the computer since it is a new camera! LOL!!!! Here is one last picture from the shower - it's some of the managers from my Disney Store crew! It's funny, the one male manager was left back at the store on Sunday to run the store! LOL!!!! Poor guy...but he did get a plate of food out of it though! LOL!!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/DisneyStoreCrewatshower.jpg
I love my Disney Store family! Wait until I post what they bought me! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
08-17-2009, 11:22 PM
I just wanted to drop by and say....

2 months to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway...we met with the minister today. It went very well so I was very happy about it. We are going to do a unity candle (Dave said it was up to me and I decided I would like one) so I have to find one now. I'm on Ebay right now...but I'm probably going to expand the search!

Dave and I are actually going to pick up our wedding rings tomorrow! I can't wait! We ordered them on Wednesday and they were in by Friday! :yay:

Still waiting to upload the pictures from the shower. I promise I will post some soon!

I will update soon! Thanks for reading! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi Everyone!!!!

Just wanted to do a quick update!

So we are less than 8 weeks out now and things are moving along nicely. The invitations came in the mail last week and they are beautiful! Now it is time for the long folding process. Everything needs to be folded so it will take time, but they will be wonderful when they are done. :thumbsup2

I was bidding on a cake knife/serving set on Ebay and I'm happy to report that we won!!!!!!! I've been looking for months for just the right set and I fell in this one the moment I saw it! The price wasn't bad either ($24.10 before shipping) so I was happy with that. I'll post a picture of them as soon as I get them.

My dad is redoing out kitchen so it's been a crazy couple of weeks at my house. If you need silverware to eat, you have to get it from the living room, the cups are in the family room...you get the picture. We don't have a kitchen sink right now...or dish washer so we've had dinner out nearly every night for a week (I had one home cooked meal at Dave's house last week!) so I was very happy to find out that I did lose weight this past week...3.4 pounds! Granted I'm still not back at where I was before my big 7 pound gain the week I lost my job, but I'm getting there. I must say that I was careful with my dinner selections so I'm thinking that may have had something to do with it.

My sister and Alyssa's dresses are in!!!!! I can't wait to see them! :) I'm going for my dress fitting this Saturday, so we'll get it for sure by then!

Well...that's about it for now. Thanks for reading! :)

nenner1
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Great updates! (Somehow I had missed a couple)!

Everything is coming together so nicely...the big day is really REALLY coming up soon!

I know you and Dave are so excited! :goodvibes

TheDisneyGirl02
08-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Great updates! (Somehow I had missed a couple)!

Everything is coming together so nicely...the big day is really REALLY coming up soon!

I know you and Dave are so excited! :goodvibes

We are excited but there is still a lot to do. It will all get done though.

The cake knife and server came in today!!!!! :yay: I'm at Dave's house so I won't see it until I get home tomorrow. I promise I will take a picture of it and post it then.

I tried to call the wedding cake place today, but they weren't open. Sadly it didn't even give me an option to leave a message so I'll be calling back tomorrow.

tiggersam00
08-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Oh yay! I so want to see the dress pics!

anewmac
08-25-2009, 01:12 AM
congrats on the weight loss.. good job... !

Love hearing how everything is coming together!

TheDisneyGirl02
08-29-2009, 12:53 AM
Oh yay! I so want to see the dress pics!
I have to admit, I'm supersticious and since I know Dave has read this thread and I dont' want him to see my dress, I'm not going to post any pictures right now. I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!

congrats on the weight loss.. good job... !

Love hearing how everything is coming together!

Thanks Drea!!!!!

So tomorrow is my dress fitting! I hope it doesn't rain too hard!

anewmac
08-29-2009, 01:11 AM
OH man Rain.. here its as dry as a bone.. not good with all the fires.. and its hotter then HELL! (and I dont mean like Grand Cayman LOL)

TheDisneyGirl02
08-30-2009, 08:15 PM
OH man Rain.. here its as dry as a bone.. not good with all the fires.. and its hotter then HELL! (and I dont mean like Grand Cayman LOL)

LOL!!!!! Hotter than Grand Cayman! LOL!!!!

Actually, it didn't rain at all until evening. It was a humid but nice afternoon. I'm going to post more about the fitting in the next post. :)

redlight
08-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Looking forward to hearing about the fitting!

TheDisneyGirl02
08-30-2009, 10:48 PM
The last couple of days have been interesting for me. My grandfather (my only living grandparent) was put into the hospital on Thursday with an unknown diagnosis. Basically, he was so exhausted that he couldn't get out of his chair by himself. My dad and aunt took him to the hospital and he literally slept all day -I mean, they took blood from his wrist and he didn't even wake up! At first we were told he was in heart failure so that was the first diagnosis. Then yesterday morning, my mom told he me was not doing well at all - his kidney's were shutting down. So we went and visited him at the hospital (before my dress fitting) and he was awake and enjoying his 'bang bang shoot 'em up' movie. Now today, he's kidney functions are better than what they were before he came to the hospital but his heart is only operating at 30% and he had a mild heart attack in the hospital. So that is where we are now. He's getting better at least, but it's been tough the last couple of days. :)

So more on the dress fitting!

I arrived at Afred Angelo a few minutes early and was greeted by the wonderful people there who know me as the "Disney bride". They got me the undergarments that I would need, including the crinoline (spelling?!) slip. It was so fluffy that I kept swaying from side to side singing "So This Is Love"! LOL!

The seamstress comes in and in like two seconds flat she has me in my dress! Then she went to work showing my mom how to do the corset part of it. The way she did, it didn't even show my back fat! LOL!!!!! After she was done, I walked out to see myself in the mirrors.

I couldn't believe it was my dress and I couldn't believe I was wearing it and I felt like Cinderella! :bride: My sister (who is on crutches due to knee surgery) even said I looked like a princess! :)

Thanks to my shoes (which were the perfect height) and the fluffy slip, my dress was the PERFECT length! No alterations there! Plus the fit was perfect (even though I lost about 10 pounds now...I'm still ticked at my body for not losing more), the only thing that needs to be done is the bustle. So after walking back and forth several times, the seamstress helped me out of my dress about as fast as she got me into it!

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures that I can post. I don't want Dave to see the dress before the wedding! I did take a picture though so my grandfather could see me in my dress just in case he doesn't make it.

My sister tried on her dress VERY carefully since besides the crutches, she has a brace that goes from her ankle to her upper thigh. Here she is in her dress - her crutches are next to her!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Bethandherdress.jpg

All of the bridesmaids dresses are now in!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

The last part of the update is a picture (though from the web site) of the one present my Disney Store family gave to me at my bridal shower.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/DisneyStoreshowergift.jpg

It is the LARGE Bridal Mickey and Minnie figure! I was so excited when I opened it! Right now it is packed away safely, but Mickey and Minnie will be making an appearance at the reception! The best part was that it was from my Disney Store family. :cloud9:

I'm also working on the invitations. I know my sister stamped the reply cards today so that was a big help! :)

So that's all for now. Hopefully I can update again soon!

TheDisneyGirl02
09-08-2009, 11:14 PM
I am so sorry I have been neglecting my PJ! It's been a stressful couple of weeks. We had to put my grandfather in a nursing home and at this point, I'm not sure if he's going to be able to make it to the wedding. We'll have to see. And to top it all off, my mom needed some testing done (including a bone scan which came back negative today, thankfully) so I"ve been very worried about her. So all of that stress + wedding stress = a stressed out Amy!

Last Friday, Dave and I went to do the cake tasting. We arrived at the Village Bake Shoppe and were given a few binders filled with pictures of cakes. The nice woman behind the counter got our samples for us...all I can say is WOW and YUMMY! One flavor was included in the testing and we paid the extra to sample three other flavors. Overall we tried yellow cake, bridal white, chocolate chip and red velvet. The woman wrapped up the rest of our sample cakes - they were so big, much bigger than I anticipated. Here is a picture of the cake - ignore the cut pieces... LOL!!!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/samplecake.jpg

We decided on the yellow cake with the whipped cream icing. The cake is (at this point) a 4 tier cake. The reason I say at this point is because the cut off point for a 3 tier cake is 149 and we are expecting about 150 people. So it's going to be either 3 or four tiers with our Mickey and Minnie cake topper on the top. The cake is going to square with two layers, then columns and then two more layers. There will be Mickey heads in black on the sides of the layers and burnt orange flowers in the space where the columns are going to be. Here is a concept picture from the cake maker of how it is going to look.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/cakeplan.jpg

It was so much fun! The guy who is in charge of the wedding cakes loves his job so we were both very happy with him.

That afternoon we went looking for apartments. We think we found one that we like and I'm hoping to get the application into them on Monday.

Let's see...what is on the place for this week.
-My sister has her first dress fitting tomorrow
-Dave and I are meeting with the photographer on Sunday morning and with the ring bear and his mommy in the afternoon to see how a tux will fit him.
-On Monday we are meeting with the minister and then hopefully turning in the apartment application followed by a meeting with the DJ at 7pm that night.

OMG, I forgot one BIG update! The invitations went out on Saturday!!!! :yay: People started getting them today - even my friend in Florida!!!! I'm so excited to start getting replies in the mail!

I have a bunch of little things that still need to be done - well, like the table names, center pieces, favors (but they can't be done until closer to the date) and many other things. It's getting close now!!

nenner1
09-09-2009, 12:47 PM
MMMMM..that cake looks yummy! :)

Can't wait to see the pics of it....and you in your dress on the big day. You *are* a princess, you know! princess:

Beth looks so cute in her dress, boy I do love the color, and style too...gorgeous!

So are you guys arriving in WDW for your disneymoon on 10/18?

anewmac
09-09-2009, 09:21 PM
On man I could finish off that cake for ya LOL sounds great!

And moving stress to boot you poor thing.

TheDisneyGirl02
09-09-2009, 11:02 PM
MMMMM..that cake looks yummy! :)

Can't wait to see the pics of it....and you in your dress on the big day. You *are* a princess, you know! princess:

Beth looks so cute in her dress, boy I do love the color, and style too...gorgeous!

So are you guys arriving in WDW for your disneymoon on 10/18?

Yuppers, we're arriving at WDW on 10/18 for our Disneymoon! I can't wait!!!!

On man I could finish off that cake for ya LOL sounds great!

And moving stress to boot you poor thing.

Let me tell you, the cake was as good as it looks! :thumbsup2

nenner1
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Yuppers, we're arriving at WDW on 10/18 for our Disneymoon! I can't wait!!!!

If you're in Epcot that day we totally need to hook up! :goodvibes

TheDisneyGirl02
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
If you're in Epcot that day we totally need to hook up! :goodvibes

Awww Jen! That is the day we're arriving so we're not going to the parks that day. Our flight (EEK! I hate to fly!) isn't until the early afternoon so who knows what time we'll get to the parks!

nenner1
09-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Awww Jen! That is the day we're arriving so we're not going to the parks that day. Our flight (EEK! I hate to fly!) isn't until the early afternoon so who knows what time we'll get to the parks!

Oh...that's too bad...:sad1:We would have loved to see you guys!

Of course I figured you would probably not get into the parks the first day....you know honeymoon and all that jazz....:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

J/K!!! ;)

TheDisneyGirl02
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
The invitations went out the other day and I must say that it is so exciting getting the mail to see who is coming to the wedding!!!!! We've actually had quite a few people respond so far!!!!

We bought the material for the ring bear pillow yesterday and I'm hoping to start that on Tuesday.

Sorry this update is so short, I promise there will be longer ones coming up soon!

TheDisneyGirl02
09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
I can't believe we are getting so close to the wedding!!!! It's only 33 days away (well, 32 shortly because it is almost midnight)!

The response cards are coming back and it is so exciting to get the mail everyday to see who responded. We have both heard how beautiful our invitations are!

Here is a picture off of the website:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/invitation.jpg
Here is a closer picture of the front (it was a sample so there was no printing on it)
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Invitationpicture1-1.jpg

So anyway, they are so cute and fit us perfectly!

Dave and I had a very productive weekend. Saturday night, we celebrated his aunt's 50th birthday which was great! We had so much fun and laughed so hard! I love his family! They are so wonderful and I'm lucky to become part of their family very soon!

Sunday morning, we met with our photographer. Dave knows him from work, so it was nice to see him. The biggest thing that we did was set up a 'schedule' for the day.

12 pm - Photographer arrives at my aunt's house (where I'm about 99% sure that I'm getting dressed there) to do the pre-wedding/getting ready pictures.

This means that we all have to have our hair done before that. As far as the hair goes, I told the girls that they can wear it how they want it. It doesn't matter to me how they do it - I'm so far from a Bridezilla it's not even funny! LOL!!!! I guess that is a good thing. I also told the girls that they could wear any kind of shoe as long as it was a cream color because it goes nicely with the dresses. The dresses are long so the shoes most likely won't be seen - even if they, I want them to be able to wear them again! :)

12:45 pm - Limo picks up the guys at my house

1 pm - Guys get dropped off at the church. Limo leaves to pick up me.

1:30 pm - The limo picks up the girls.

2 pm - Arrive at church and do last minute prepping.

2:30 pm - Service starts and we get married!!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

3:30 pm - Pictures

4:30 pm - Cocktail hour starts

5:30 pm - Dinner and reception.

Now I know that it is not going to run this smoothly. In a perfect world it would, but we all know that it won't. That's OK! It will all get done and it will be a wonderful day!!

After meeting with the photographer, we had a quick lunch in the food court and met up with our ring bear (RB)! Well, it was our ring bear in his stroller (he's not 2 yet), his mommy, his aunt, his Mom Mom, his Nana (his great grandmother) and my future DMIL. We met them at the Men's Warehouse to get our RB fitted for his tux. Well, it turned out that the smallest size that they have is a 3T and he is only a 2T. Luckily, they had some for purchase that fit him. It was actually cheaper to buy one instead of renting one - a little 3T tux would have been the same price as the size tux that Dave is wearing! :scared1: Anyway, he looked SOOOO handsome in it!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/StephenTux-1.jpg

He was so good while being dressed and undressed in his tux that he got a cupcake! He really enjoyed it! :)

We went down to Build-A-Bear Workshop to look for his RB present. Dave and I thought it would be a nice gift for both the RB and FG since they are so young. We picked a blue bear that he liked. We stuffed it and of course put a heart in it! :) We picked out the groom clothing and I dressed the bear. Here is what he looks like.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Stephensbear.jpg

Dave and I filled out the birth certificate and named the bear Baloo...very appropriate, I know! LOL!!! Baloo is currently at my house waiting until the rehearsal dinner!

That is all for tonight! I'll update more hopefully tomorrow night!

LLLBelle
09-15-2009, 12:11 AM
The invitations are pretty!! I think the best part is getting the mail, I loved getting mine back!

Your RB is adorable. The Build-a-Bear was a great idea for a gift, I may have to steal that idea.

anewmac
09-15-2009, 12:39 AM
OMG 32days AHHHHHHHHH omg so exciting!

Invites look great

Your RB is a lil cutie patutie LOL I totally miss them that small!

Build a bear is a great Idea!!!!

nenner1
09-15-2009, 12:46 PM
The invitations are gorgeous!!

And the ring bearer sooooo adorable! :goodvibes That little tux is the cutest thing ever.

TheDisneyGirl02
09-15-2009, 10:51 PM
The invitations are pretty!! I think the best part is getting the mail, I loved getting mine back!

Your RB is adorable. The Build-a-Bear was a great idea for a gift, I may have to steal that idea.

Thank you!!!! Feel free to steal the RB gift idea! I'm so excited to give it to him and to make the FG's bear! :)

OMG 32days AHHHHHHHHH omg so exciting!

Invites look great

Your RB is a lil cutie patutie LOL I totally miss them that small!

Build a bear is a great Idea!!!!

Thanks, Drea! :)

The invitations are gorgeous!!

And the ring bearer sooooo adorable! :goodvibes That little tux is the cutest thing ever.

The little tux is cute, isn't it? He and the FG will probably steal the show but that's OK with me! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
09-15-2009, 11:16 PM
I can't believe I am updating two days in a row! It must be a miracle! :)

So let's see where did I leave off?

On Monday morning, we went to see the minister who is going to marry us. Basically it was the last meeting before the rehearsal. So we sat down and started talking. He gave us a personality test that was very interesting. We are very compatible and it was just a very fun activity. I was wondering how it would turn out if my sister took the test (since we are twins). I wonder if we would come out the same way or not. Would be interesting to do someday. We also got the ceremony order, which was exciting!!!! I can't believe the next time I'm there it's going to be the night before we get married! :)

After that, we came back to my house and I went with my mom to Boscov's to pick up the last of the bridesmaids gifts. Basically, my mom found them on Saturday night and bought two at our local store. They had another one in Reading (which is about 45 minutes from here) and a second one in Easton (which is about 25 minutes from here). My parents were kind enough to go out to Reading to pick up the one necklace. While they were there, my mom found a dress that she fell in love with for the wedding. It's funny because usually my mom doesn't like dressy like this, but she said it was so comfortable and she really liked it!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/MomsDress.jpg

She will look beautiful in it! Granted, anything she would wear she would look beautiful in! I'm excited to see her in it! :)

ANYWAY, so my mom and I went to Boscov's in Easton. We bought the last necklace! They are going to look wonderful with the dresses!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/BMNecklaces.jpg

It's a little hard to see, but it's a crystal cube on a silver chain.

I also picked up a necklace for Dave's cousin who is going to play the guitar (with his other cousin) before the ceremony. I still have to find something for his other cousin, I don't think his BOY cousin would like this necklace!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Necklace.jpg

I still need to get gifts for the two girls who are going to do the guest book/passing out programs (they are my little cousins) and the bubble passer-outers (one is my other little cousin and the other is Dave's other cousin). I'm going to be looking VERY hard for those items soon!

That evening, we had a meeting with the DJ at Applebee's. I have to say, we weren't as prepared as I thought we were with the songs that would be played. Granted I know that our first dance is going to be to "So This is Love", but I didn't think about what song would be played when we would be introduced or what song should be played when we cut the cake. (Still trying to think of a song for the cake cutting...looking for Disney so if you have any suggestions, I'll take them!) We gave him some songs that we want played and told him no to the Macarena (I HATE that dance and song!). I remembered a few more today so I have to email to him soon. Turns out that the DJ is a huge Disney fan! When he got married, their wedding theme was Disney too! That really made me happy! I told him to feel free to throw in a Disney song whenever he felt like it! :thumbsup2

Big update for today is that we are going to turn in an application for an apartment tomorrow! I'm excited, but nervous about not getting the apartment because of my being unemployed. Dave faxed over his application and I'm going to take it down with my mom tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed!

That's all for tonight! Thanks for reading! :)

MagicMe
09-16-2009, 06:34 AM
What??????? No MACARENA?????

Seriously - just kidding! Hopefully no one will ask for it.

TheDisneyGirl02
09-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Today my mom and I took my portion of the paperwork to the apartment lease office. Dave had faxed his information over yesterday. The woman was really nice and actually took us to see the unit where were will be living! It's a one bedroom, but that is all that we need for now. I'm hoping by next year that we'll be able to buy a house so my fingers are crossed.

Didn't really have much time to do anything wedding today...but I will tomorrow! :)

MagicMe
09-17-2009, 12:18 PM
ONE MONTH!!!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Can you believe it????

nenner1
09-17-2009, 01:33 PM
What??????? No MACARENA?????

Seriously - just kidding! Hopefully no one will ask for it.

I don't think you are allowed to have a reception without the Macarena...sorry! :eek:

Of course you may get a pass as long as you play Who Let the Dogs Out! :woohoo:

Cake song suggestion...When you Wish Upon a Star? Someday my Prince Will Come? Or are you already playing those...? Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit? :lmao:

OK in all seriousness I have always loved Baby Mine from Dumbo (Alison Krauss did an amazing version a few years ago..gorgeous) and since I am a wacko I would pick something peppy and fun like Baroque Hoedown (the Main St Electrical Parade)..not sure if either of those are really cake-cutting appropriate but those are a couple of my all time faves.

TheDisneyGirl02
09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I don't think you are allowed to have a reception without the Macarena...sorry! :eek:

Of course you may get a pass as long as you play Who Let the Dogs Out! :woohoo:

Cake song suggestion...When you Wish Upon a Star? Someday my Prince Will Come? Or are you already playing those...? Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit? :lmao:

OK in all seriousness I have always loved Baby Mine from Dumbo (Alison Krauss did an amazing version a few years ago..gorgeous) and since I am a wacko I would pick something peppy and fun like Baroque Hoedown (the Main St Electrical Parade)..not sure if either of those are really cake-cutting appropriate but those are a couple of my all time faves.

Love the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit idea! LOL!!!!! Only TRUE Disney fans would understand that! :)

Baby Mine makes me cry! The song is so beautiful, but OMG, the words just get me everytime!

Still trying to figure out the music...I have until next week to decide. Thanks for the suggestions, Jen! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
09-23-2009, 10:45 PM
So just a quick update.

Sorry I didn't update for a few days. I was having some stress/anxiety problems last week when I realized how close the wedding really was and about moving and just everything in general! It was a tough week, but thankfully I'm feeling much better now.

Tomorrow we are going for our last appointment with the florist! We always have so much fun when we go there so I'm looking forward to it.

I'll try to update more very soon!

Thanks for reading!! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
09-25-2009, 11:11 PM
I have a quick update!!!!!

Realizing that I have 3 weeks until the wedding, I realized I needed to get something done today! So I decided to do a trial run of the favors. I purchased a candy mold from WDW because I thought that would be perfect for favors.

After melting the chocolate, my mom and I spooned the chocolate into the molds. I now know that we'll need to get a squirt bottle to make the 'real' favors with. After cooling, I pounded the heck out of the mold (it's not flexible at all) but I got all of the chocolate out.

I have two molds - one that is all Tigger and one that is a combination of Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Pooh, Eeyore and Tigger. Here is the final product.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/candy.jpg

Here is a close up of each of the pieces of candy.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/candyupclose.jpg

Overall they looked good! It's going to take a long time to make them, but it will be worth it! :)

Tomorrow night is my bachelorette party. It's a simple get together - I'm not a big drinker so we're going for Chinese for dinner and then to Dave and Buster's for some games! :) Should be fun! I'll try to post some pictures this weekend.

Thanks for reading!

TheDisneyGirl02
10-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi everyone!

Sorry that I haven't updated in almost a week! It's been crazy! We are trying to get ready for the wedding and puppy sitting this week (actually the last two weeks) so it's been interesting.

So I had my bachelorette party last Saturday night. It was so much fun! :)

My party consisted of my sister, Beth (my maid of honor), Kim (bridesmaid), Alyssa (bridesmaid), my mom and Dave's mom.

We went for Chinese and sushi (well, mostly Chinese) and it was very good. Good dinner and even better company! Then we drove to Dave and Buster's. If you've never been to Dave and Buster's before, it's like an adult Chuck E. Cheese. There are games that you can play for tickets than you can redeem at the end of your visits for prizes. They also have video games, skee ball, crane machines, you get the picture. It's so much fun!!!!

Here are some pictures from that night.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/MyJackpot.jpg
I hit the jackpot on this game! I got 143 tickets! I was so excited!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/AlyssaJackpot.jpg
This is Dave's cousin, Alyssa. She hit the jackpot on this machine, not once, not twice but three times during the night! That was 3,000 tickets!!!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/bachpartyDealorNoDeal.jpg
My mom and my sister playing Deal or No Deal. I made a bad deal (I dealed for 16 tickets and my case had 20). My sister made a good deal, but I don't remember how many tickets she got.

A good part of the evening we all played this group trivia game. Every person played for themselves, but we played against each other. It was so much fun to see the questions and see what we all answered! Here is a picture of everyone (but me because I took the picture) around the trivia game.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Bachpartytriva.jpg

My party was very calm but it was great! Dave's cousin (Alyssa) is only 14 and I wanted to make sure to include her in the festivities so Dave and Buster's was perfect! She had a great time! There was one other party there that night. After talking to them for a bit, they came over to us and gave me a straw...a cough cough cough - let's say it was a representation of something that was correct...get my drift?! That was as naughty as my party got! I actually still have it in my purse! :)

As far as updates, we picked up our wedding rings! :yay: So I'm happy to have those. I also stuffed the Flower Girl's bear at Build a Bear. I have to take a picture to post it. I'm hoping to do a LOT of work on the center pieces tomorrow. I'm on call at the Disney Store tomorrow night so I'm hoping I don't have to work.

I did a lot of ordering from online last night. I'll post those pictures as soon as I get the things in!

anewmac
10-03-2009, 01:24 PM
OMG i love me some D & B guess cuz I still like CEC's and love taking the boys there LOL. Looks like yall had a blast! .. funny I have a straw like that also. LOL

TheDisneyGirl02
10-03-2009, 05:31 PM
funny I have a straw like that also. LOL

I didn't think I should post a pic of the straw! LOL!!!!! It's not very family friendly! :)

redlight
10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
The party looked like a whole load of fun. You are so close Amy!

TheDisneyGirl02
10-07-2009, 11:12 PM
The party looked like a whole load of fun. You are so close Amy!
I know! It's REALLY close!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
10-07-2009, 11:36 PM
It's time for a BIG update!!!!!!

You would have thought that I would have taken care of some of the smaller things months ago...but I didn't because I thought "I have time". Huh! I'm now 9 days out and have a million things to do! :)

First thing first - I FINALLY after 10 years with Disney (between both WDW and the Disney Store) I received my 5 year pin!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/5yearpin.jpg

I started at the store, had to terminate myself to work at WDW and then went back to the store, then back to WDW and lastly back to the store and I've been there ever since. Overall it's been 10 years, but only counts as 6 years. Anyway, I was so excited!! Sorry it's blurry!

The last couple of days, my mom and I have been working on the centerpieces. Basically it is a vase but we're etching Mickey's into it. Here is one completed but with the candle (that is going inside of it) still in its wrapping.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Candle.jpg

Please ignore the mess in the background. You can hardly see the Mickey's so here is a close up of one.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/CandleUpclose.jpg

Basically we're using contact paper, punching the Mickey's out, and wrapping it around the vase. Then we are using that etching stuff (thanks Drea!) to etch the Mickey's onto the vase. Here is a lovely picture of my Mickey punching tray table last night.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/vaseconstruction.jpg

It's a long process because it takes 5 minutes to etch and then it has to be washed off and then it needs to dry. If you put too much on, it drips but if you don't put enough on, it doesn't etch. I'm wishing I could make them perfect, but they are homemade so they won't be perfect - but they will be what I want and I think that's important.

I picked up my dress yesterday after having the bustle done! :yay: I tried it on one last time before the wedding! I can't wait for Dave to see it! I have to take it back a few days before the wedding to get it steamed, but other than that, it's ready to go! :)

Last week I placed an order with Oriental Trading Company (through my Sunshine Rewards so I earned $1.89 for just shopping through their link!) and I got the box today! Here's what was inside of it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/bubbles.jpg

The bubbles for after the ceremony! I do have bell tie on's that still need to be tied on so they aren't in the picture. The bubbles are so cute! The only bad thing about them is that they all have stickers on the outside that we need to peel off before the wedding. But other than that, I love them!!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/cardbox.jpg

This is the card box for the reception. I really wanted to try to do something Disney with it, but I don't know if we'll have time now to do it. We'll see...I haven't put it together just yet though so it's still in the bag.

The reception site is set back off of the street so I bought two signs to help point the guests to the location.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/receptionsign.jpg

Just something simple, but it serves the purpose.

I also bought my dad "Father of the Bride" socks!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Dadssocks.jpg

They are so cute and very well made! I would suggest them to all of the bride-to-be's reading this! :)

The last picture I have for tonight is of the guest book and pen. I found the book on Ebay and the pen at Walmart! LOL!!!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/Guestbookandpen.jpg

There is a little plaque that has our name's and date on it. I love my guest book!

Still waiting on the unity candle...I'm hoping that comes soon!

Tomorrow my mom and I are going to work on the center pieces and the ring bear pillow! Lots to do!

Thanks for reading!!!!!

nenner1
10-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Tha party sounds like fun, and I didn't get the straw thing at first but now I do..LOL. I guess I've been to some pretty tame bachelorette parties (actually I haven't been to one in YEARS, and the last one I was at was at a dive BBQ restaurant that served cheap booze...LMAO the Hickory Smokehouse! ) D&B sounds a lot more fun than that!!! :rotfl2:

The centerpieces look gorgeous!! I LOVE them! And the chocolates look great too, although I'll admit I am in the camp that doesn't think "too cute to eat"..LOL! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you guys!!!! Just a little over a week until your happily ever after! :love:

redlight
10-08-2009, 07:42 PM
You are so close!

anewmac
10-09-2009, 12:35 AM
OMG the vase's are coming out great!!!! Guest book is adorable. I cant wait to see pics.....OMGGGGGG 9days AHHHHH! so excited for you!

pghloveswdw512
10-10-2009, 07:19 AM
I LOVE YOUR CENTERPIECES! I am so jealous of all these brides who are crafty and come up with these beautiful things! What an adorable idea. I'd love to have one of those vases to use outside on our porch in the summer. Congratulations on your wedding! It's almost here!

TheDisneyGirl02
10-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Tha party sounds like fun, and I didn't get the straw thing at first but now I do..LOL. I guess I've been to some pretty tame bachelorette parties (actually I haven't been to one in YEARS, and the last one I was at was at a dive BBQ restaurant that served cheap booze...LMAO the Hickory Smokehouse! ) D&B sounds a lot more fun than that!!! :rotfl2:

The centerpieces look gorgeous!! I LOVE them! And the chocolates look great too, although I'll admit I am in the camp that doesn't think "too cute to eat"..LOL! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you guys!!!! Just a little over a week until your happily ever after! :love:

D&B is very fun! I still have that straw in my purse...thankfully I haven't pulled it out in public - YET! LOL!!!

You are so close!

We are so close...it's hard to think that next week at this time, I'll be married!

I LOVE YOUR CENTERPIECES! I am so jealous of all these brides who are crafty and come up with these beautiful things! What an adorable idea. I'd love to have one of those vases to use outside on our porch in the summer. Congratulations on your wedding! It's almost here!

Thank you!!!!! It's not that hard to do - we bought the etching 'cream' at a craft store and cut the Mickey's out of contact paper. We put the contact paper on the vase and then put the etching cream on and five minutes and wash in the sink later, we had an etched vase! :)

OMG the vase's are coming out great!!!! Guest book is adorable. I cant wait to see pics.....OMGGGGGG 9days AHHHHH! so excited for you!

I know!!!!! We are so close!!!!!!!! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
10-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone! We are getting so close to the wedding now!!! It's crazy! I have a lot to do yet, but it will all get done.

Let's see what has happened over the last couple of days...

Dave and I learned our wedding dance! I have been taking dance lessons at the same dance studio for 27 years and I am very close to my teacher Miss Sharon and her family. For a wedding present, she offered to teach us our first dance. We went in on Saturday armed with the Princess Collection CD and my crinoline (sp?) slip to the studio. Miss Sharon came in with a page of choreography for us. We are dancing to "So This Is Love" from Cinderella so it's a Waltz. Dave picked up the dance so quickly! I was so happy and excited! She had us do it in front of the dance company (I knew some of the girls) so it was exciting. We were there about an hour and half and now have our first dance! The studio website is www.discoverspdance.com. If you see a picture of a bunch of dancers in front of the Sydney Opera House, I'm in the picture! I'm not sure if it is still on the web site though.

We also bought furniture! It's being delivered on the 20th...since we'll be at WDW, my mom is going to go down and wait for it. It's so exciting!

My very soon-to-be DMIL spend the entire weekend working on Cricuts cut-outs of various Disney characters to go on the tables. Basically, instead of having table numbers, we're having table characters! On each person's name card will be a character and they will be sitting at the corresponding table! I didn't take a picture of them though, but they are beautiful!

On Sunday we did the seating chart...oh what fun that was! It's done so I'm happy!

We also figured out on Sunday that the candy molds that we were going to be using (I posted pictures earlier of the candy for the favors) won't work out sadly. They turned the chocolate white for some reason. So we are thinking of doing M&M's now...I just have to find some fall-looking M&M's. If anybody has any other ideas, they are welcomed! :)

My mom has been doing the center pieces...I was helping with the etching and she is putting them together now.

I still have to make the ring bearer pillow...that will hopefully be done tomorrow or Thursday. Regardless of when it gets done, it will be done by Saturday! LOL!

Well, that's it for now! I'll update soon!

hollybearsmom
10-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Count me in as a fan for those etched candle holders! They are so cute, i must have them!

anewmac
10-13-2009, 09:04 AM
For our wedding we did See's truffles they pre box them for you 1 or 2 pieces.. cant remember what they cost.. also it was small wedding ... but its an idea LOL
omg 4days AHHHH

nenner1
10-13-2009, 12:43 PM
We also figured out on Sunday that the candy molds that we were going to be using (I posted pictures earlier of the candy for the favors) won't work out sadly. They turned the chocolate white for some reason. So we are thinking of doing M&M's now...I just have to find some fall-looking M&M's. If anybody has any other ideas, they are welcomed! :)

Oh nooo..the chocolates had looked so yummy!

If you are thinking of M&M's you know they make the personalized ones that are so cute for weddings. They are EXPEN$IVE but you could mix some in with the regular fall ones. They can even put your picture on them now, isn't that crazy..! Not sure I want my mug on an M&M! :rotfl2:They do have next day rush delivery available if you are so inclined tho...mymms.com (http://www.mymms.com/celebrations/weddings.asp) :thumbsup2

dbk1029
10-13-2009, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=TheDisneyGirl02;33905939]
thankfully I haven't pulled it out in public - YET!QUOTE]

That's what HE said!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

TheDisneyGirl02
10-14-2009, 11:20 PM
Count me in as a fan for those etched candle holders! They are so cute, i must have them!

Thank you!! :)

For our wedding we did See's truffles they pre box them for you 1 or 2 pieces.. cant remember what they cost.. also it was small wedding ... but its an idea LOL
omg 4days AHHHH

That is an awesome idea!!!!! Thanks for sharing it!

Oh nooo..the chocolates had looked so yummy!

If you are thinking of M&M's you know they make the personalized ones that are so cute for weddings. They are EXPEN$IVE but you could mix some in with the regular fall ones. They can even put your picture on them now, isn't that crazy..! Not sure I want my mug on an M&M! :rotfl2:They do have next day rush delivery available if you are so inclined tho...mymms.com (http://www.mymms.com/celebrations/weddings.asp) :thumbsup2

They are SOOO expensive! We figured out a solution...I'll post that in the next post.

[QUOTE=TheDisneyGirl02;33905939]
thankfully I haven't pulled it out in public - YET!QUOTE]

That's what HE said!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are too much, baby! I love you!!!!! :)

TheDisneyGirl02
10-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Quick update!!!!

I should be folding boxes for the favors, but I needed to post an update!

Things are moving fast and furiously around here. The whole house is in wedding mode! There are finished center pieces in the living room, favor boxes in the family room and just a bunch of stuff on the dining room table!

Here is a picture of the living room.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/finishedcenterpieces.jpg

My second cousin brought over my bridal purse she made for me. I love it! It just screams Amy!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3/TheDisneyGirl02/weddingpurse.jpg

I can't wait to use it on Saturday!

Thanks to Dave, we figured out a new favor. I bought clear boxes and we are going to fill them with fall colored M&Ms. You may ask, where am I getting the fall colored M&Ms? Well, I bought the regular bag and we're just picking out the blue and green! The rest are yellow, brown and red - all very fall colors! After filling the boxes with M&Ms, we're going to tie a burnt orange ribbon around it to complete it! :) Problem solved! I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.

I have to take my dress to get steamed tomorrow morning. I"m also going to get some meds to help calm my fear of flying in the morning. I also have to take the hankie and pin from my grandmothers to the florist as she can incorporate them in the bouquet.

Dave and I are also signing our apartment lease tomorrow. We won't be living there until after the honeymoon though.

Lots to do - including the ring bearer pillow! :scared1: I HAVE to do that tomorrow, no excuses. My aunt is coming over tomorrow to help all day. With an extra set of hands, we'll get a lot done.

That's all for now. I'll try my best to post more tomorrow!

redlight
10-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Less than two days Amy!

MagicMe
10-16-2009, 12:23 PM
I don't know if Amy will have a chance to post anything additional at this point. It's crunch time now - just about 25 hours as I type this.

I am Amy's future MIL and I am so excited that Amy will officially be apart of our family in such a short time. As you can guess, today and tomorrow will be one thing after another.

This afternoon, I am meeting Amy and her family at the reception place to finalize those personal touches (i.e. Amy's wonderful centerpieces, the placecards, drop off the baskets for the restrooms, etc). There is the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner tonight and then everything that comes with a wedding day tomorrow!!!!

My hope is that Amy will be able to relax tomorrow and enjoy her day which she so deserves. We all know that it flies by so quickly. Sunday morning I will meet Dave and Amy and Amy's family for breakfast before they take them to the airport for their DISneymoon.

Dave spent his last night at home last night - normal routine with him up in his room playing computer games and watching TV but with one exception - I did get to see him as he went back and forth washing clothes to pack for this trip. He will spend tonight at a hotel up in the Allentown area and he and Amy will spend their first night there tomorrow night.

I will post what I can (and hopefully a few pictures) on Sunday.

klacey1
10-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Tell Amy and Dave congratulations!! It's a bit chilly, but I'm sure they'll have a beautiful day!

anewmac
10-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Can't wait to see pics congrats!!!!!

hollybearsmom
10-17-2009, 11:33 AM
:cheer2:HIP HIP HOORAY! TODAYS THE DAY! :cheer2:

redlight
10-17-2009, 08:11 PM
Congratulations!

CinderelliT
10-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Happy Wedding Day!!

acwinsett
10-17-2009, 08:48 PM
happy wedding day!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
10-18-2009, 10:42 AM
We are married! It was a great day! It rained in the morning and at night, but it stopped when we got to the church and waited to start up after we were in the reception hall! I'll post pictures later because we are in the airport right now waiting for our flight to our Disneymoon! I hate to fly so my stomach is in knots right now! I'm going to need my Xanex soon! I'll be so happy and excited when we get there!!!!

Thank you all for the warm wedding wishes and for reading along for all of these months!

:bride:

MainStMandy
10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Congratulations!!

MagicMe
10-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Since I already posted these on facebook, I don't think Amy will mind me sharing these few photos:

Amy and Dave Kimble:
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/mak020254/BridalCouple.jpg

The bridal party:
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/mak020254/BridalParty.jpg

The cake:
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx120/mak020254/WeddingCake.jpg

It was a fantastic day!!! It was so worth all the hard work everyone put into it!! The centerpieces were perfect and the reception place looked wonderful despite the dreariness outside. Everyone had a great time! Amy and Dave are on their Disneymoon for the next couple of weeks. They took their computer so you may see more posts from them. All I can say is that I now have a daughter!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02
11-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm so happy my DMIL posted some pictures from the wedding!!!!

We had a wonderful honeymoon! So many people from regular guests to cast members wished us well, it was so nice! We got home on Friday. Sadly, whioe we were away, my grandfather (who did make it to the wedding) got sick and passed away yesterday. We are still trying to get moved into the apartment...there is a lot to do yet. The funeral is on Thursday so I'm hoping after that is over things will get done faster.

I'll try to post some more pictures soon! :)

LLLBelle
11-03-2009, 07:34 AM
The pictures look wonderful so far, can't wait to see more! And rain is suppose to be goodluck, but at least it waited until after the ceremony :goodvibes

It's great to hear that you had a wonderful time in Disney, I can not wait to go in Jan. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, I just lost my grandmother a couple weeks ago, but at least he was able to come to your wedding. :hug:

princess22
11-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Congratulations. You looked beautiful. I can't wait for the TR. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know it's hard not having loved ones there on your big day, mine couldn't make it to mine because he is very sick. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :goodvibes

TheDisneyGirl02
11-03-2009, 10:28 PM
The pictures look wonderful so far, can't wait to see more! And rain is suppose to be goodluck, but at least it waited until after the ceremony :goodvibes

It's great to hear that you had a wonderful time in Disney, I can not wait to go in Jan. I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather, I just lost my grandmother a couple weeks ago, but at least he was able to come to your wedding. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. :(

We did have a great time in Disney and the weather...it added character to our day! :)

Congratulations. You looked beautiful. I can't wait for the TR. Sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know it's hard not having loved ones there on your big day, mine couldn't make it to mine because he is very sick. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :goodvibes

I'm going to do a dining report for sure...but it will probably be a combo TR and dining report. I"m hoping to start that soon. :)

TheDisneyGirl02
11-04-2009, 12:38 AM
Here's a link to some of the wedding pictures on my Facebook page. I have it set as private, so if you can't see them just let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=121311&id=796915889&l=f8bac73cb1&subject=Wedding <3

BecBennett
11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Your flowers are beautiful! And I love your cake!