PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate people in lines

CaliLuvinGirl
04-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Hmm, I read a thread on here and it kinda reminded me of it. Am I the only one that gets super annoyed when your standing in like an hour long line for a ride, and pretty soon your being pushed by and hear "My group is up there" "Excuse me, my spot is being saved up there" I MEAN COME ON! WAIT LIKE THE REST OF US!! I read it on some thread about fastpasses, and do people actually leave there families, grab fastpasses, than cut in front? Is that common? Am I just weird that I think this is kinda inconsdirate? :confused3

mechurchlady
04-12-2009, 01:08 AM
Yep some people will let one or two people stand in line while they are getting FP and riding rides and stuff. The thing is that the person is to rejoin the party only if they had to leave for medical emergency or potty breaks. If they cannot join the line then they should go to the greeter and explain the situation.

Personally the best thing about being an SID,old, fat lady is that I topple easily and tend to sway my wide hips. They do not get past me. I tell them that they can go to the head of the line and talk to a CM.

Also I strongly believe that the party should enter at the same time. I have had half a group run in front of me and others then the laggers who cannot run fast squirm up the line to their group. They do not like to hear "Your entire party should have got in line at the same time." I once had about 12 to 15 people in Jungle Cruise line push up and down stairs until I hip checked them and kept half of them behind me. It is expected that guests do the potty, medical, FP and other stuff before getting in line and should take into consideration how long the line is. Yes things come up like little kid bladders and medical emergencies but really do 10 people have to squirm up a line all for the one person who had to leave? NO

CaliLuvinGirl
04-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Thank goodness SOMEONE agrees with me. I was kinda thinking I was just like a fun sucker or something. Lol. And I love that you didn't let them through. I always thought of it, but never actually blocked them or anything. One time my dad did though. Completely ignored them. He put his each hand on a railing so they couldn't get through, and went deaf for a few minutes untill they finally left. :lmao:

Gisele
04-12-2009, 01:30 AM
If you are with just one person, or even your family for that matter, and you need to use the rest room, I don't see a problem with re-joining your party. Now if it is a matter of several people re-joining an already good sized group, then I have some what of a problem with that!

GBShorts
04-12-2009, 01:47 AM
I just tell them that their party is welcome to come back and wait with them but that I have waited in line the entire time and it's not fair for them to skip ahead of me.

They usually give up. ;) And if they don't, I grab ahold of the bars on both sides and stand reaaaaaaaaaaaally close to my husband...who is no small man...and they can't physically get through.

JenDisneylandlver
04-12-2009, 02:23 AM
Yep I agree with you 100%! I don't even like it when it's just one person doing it. Those lines aren't all that wide, I don't appreciate being shoved up against a wall or chain.

I think you either take care of business before getting in line, or not get back in.

There are other line behavior that drives me nuts though. Those who don't pay attention when the line is moving. Or kick you constantly from behind.

nunzia
04-12-2009, 07:42 AM
Yep I agree with you 100%! I don't even like it when it's just one person doing it. Those lines aren't all that wide, I don't appreciate being shoved up against a wall or chain.

I think you either take care of business before getting in line, or not get back in.

There are other line behavior that drives me nuts though. Those who don't pay attention when the line is moving. Or kick you constantly from behind.

I agree as well..taking a kid out for a potty break is fine, but I'm seeing more and more people try to line cut in bigger and bigger groups. Yes, I know some medical conditions can't wait and so on, but the majority of the cutters are just self focused folks who really think they are too special to wait in line like the lowly others. As people become ruder, Disney may have to do something. My friend who loves Cedar Point says they will enforce the no cutting rule and therefore, people don't cut.

PigletGurl
04-12-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't mind if it's a couple of people, but not like a big group! Sometimes my sister and I get ahead and walk too fast that our parents aren't able to catch up in time, but then my sister and I let people pass in front of us so we don't upset people.

QueenDoOver
04-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Well, I sort of think Disneyland is my happy place, and I do not sweat the little things like one person joining their party.

Kittyskyfish
04-12-2009, 11:06 AM
I agree with you (OP). Family members shouldn't be a fast pass substitute. Groups shouldn't split off and do their own thing, then expect a short wait on the next ride because someone in the group did the 'waiting' for them. It's very inconsiderate to those behind the group, because late stragglers increase others' time in line.

However, I have no problem with potty breaks or other REAL issues that make a person leave and come back to the line. It's no fun to ride something fast and bumpy with a full bladder or .... :rolleyes1 :flower3:

MathomAndStuff
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I suppose a couple people doing it is fine... but a group? No way.

So for you people that don't let them through and tell them to speak to a CM, what do the CM's usually do?

iKristin
04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Yeah that's why when I stand in line I usually have my arms across the line holding onto each side of the line bars or chains so people can't pass me lol. Then when they say "excuse me" I just look at them and say "no cutting"

JadeDarkstar
04-12-2009, 12:33 PM
1 or 2 is fine but if its like a group of teens 3 or more (smaller kids are different maybe one had to go an the older kid was like Oh no im taking the rest you while we go) lol

Ken2Blitzkrieg
04-12-2009, 01:27 PM
yea i agree too
i dont have a problem if the majority of a group has joined the line and 1 or 2 want to join them .. but when the majority of a group is trying to join their clan in line which is merely 1 or 2 people

no way !!

:lmao:

todzwife
04-12-2009, 01:53 PM
ITA. As a mom of little ones, I understand emergency potty breaks, diaper changes, heck, even snack time meltdowns. But there is NO excuse for ADULTS to be doing that. It is VERY irritating standing in line with small kids who don't entirely understand waiting (but are because they are being SO well behaved) and then have a group of teens or adults push their way through because their "party is up there".

If it's one or 2 people, fine. But not 5 or 6 or 10 rejoining ONE person "saving" a spot in line.:headache:

Krissy Marissy
04-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Exactly. You cannot predict an emergency diaper change or your 2 yr old deciding they must go potty now even though you just had them in the bathroom 10 mins ago!

I do not like adults trying to rejoin. If one is in the bathroom still...wait for them to get finished and then you can all join the line together. I wish I was brave enough like some of you to actually say something or block them but I am too shy. But I do not like being shoved to the side so they can squeeze through. I think what bothers me most is that they seem to feel entitled to skipping the line since they know someone up ahead. So annoying!

JenDisneylandlver
04-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Well I'm an adult with Crohn's Disease, so I may have one of those emergency potty breaks myself. Only I won't expect to be able to push my way back in line. My DH and DS will most likely just go on the ride without me, and I'll meet up with them after. Or we'll all leave the line and start over again when all is well.

I just don't believe in pushing anyone around in a line just so I can have a shorter wait. No matter if there was a good excuse or not to leave it.

Sherwin
04-12-2009, 03:28 PM
I suppose a couple people doing it is fine... but a group? No way.

So for you people that don't let them through and tell them to speak to a CM, what do the CM's usually do?
Now imagine if it were a tour group!

"Excuse us, our tour guide saved us a spot up there!"
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Seriously, though, I remember we did have a very long thread about cutting in line a few weeks ago. We've never had a problem with a small party of up to 2 or 3, but yeah, I'm not going to let a gramps, grandma, aunt, uncle, cousin, cousin once removed, cousin twice removed, and such past me!

tinkerbelt
04-12-2009, 03:40 PM
It doesn't bother me, as long as it's not like 10 people. In some of the lines, we've been encouraged by CM's to have one of the adults wait in longer lines (like Nemo or PFF) while the other adult walks around with the kids. It seems really silly and passive-aggressive to me to get bent out of shape to the point that you'd physically block someone from meeting their party in line. Sometimes stuff happens and people have to get out of line. I'm not going to stand there and quiz someone to determine if their excuse was good enough to get back in line. I'll let them through and get on with my day.

Mike_M
04-12-2009, 04:03 PM
It doesn't bother me, as long as it's not like 10 people. In some of the lines, we've been encouraged by CM's to have one of the adults wait in longer lines (like Nemo or PFF) while the other adult walks around with the kids. It seems really silly and passive-aggressive to me to get bent out of shape to the point that you'd physically block someone from meeting their party in line. Sometimes stuff happens and people have to get out of line. I'm not going to stand there and quiz someone to determine if their excuse was good enough to get back in line. I'll let them through and get on with my day.

I agree with this 100%. I've said it before on here that this has been going on for as long as I've been going to DL and for me is just one of the things to expect as part of the experience. I'm more interested in having a good time than worrying about if someone else is not standing in line the "right" way. It's not like its going to really add any time to my wait anyways.

Disney Dreams
04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
There was a giant discussion about this and I was very surprised to learn how many people find ____, _____, and _____ acceptable reasons for doing so. My thought is this:

Unless it's an emergency, everyone should wait together. What's the big deal you may ask?

Well... If every person in line has 1 person at the restroom, getting a churro, or grabbing a FP, the estimated wait time of 1 hour has just become 2 hours. GIANT difference.

However, people do it and unless you want to pick a fight about it, it is sadly a rude behavior of fellow guests that you just sort of have to roll with and move on.

Disney Dider
04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Nope, doesn't bother me. IT'S DISNEYLAND!!!! Its about family and fun. No time for being annoyed at other people. :) Besides, sometimes there are circumstances beyond our control and getting in our out and back in line is needed. Especially if you have kids. Which most of us there do.

wmah
04-12-2009, 04:51 PM
I think one way to eliminate some of this problem where one or two people will go to get FP's and the other waits in line. Disney should just get rid of FP all together. I have used it and even after using it I still don't like it cause what it does to the flow of the normal line. Just last week when I was at the Disneyland park waiting in line for the Buzz Lightyear Blasters ride we were standing in one place without moving for at least 10 minutes and there was no line standers or cutters and two people actually left the line cause of the wait. The ride didn't brake down, it was cause they were letting in mobs of people with FP ahead of everyone.

Another thing that bothers me is parents letting their kids jump around in line swing around on the line chains and pushing ahead around the corner to see what is around the corner.

But with the line problems I just shrug it of and don't let it bother me as I am there to enjoy myself and not there to let these things bother me. But now I guess a better thing to do would be to complain to guest relations about this problem and let them deal with it as they may see fit.

I have other rants about line issues but they don't fit in here.

mechurchlady
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
I am a single person in parks so here is my beef. I have nobody to hold my place in line so I loose my place if I have to leave for the potty or a drink of water. Why should I wait in line while others are off having fun. I do not have someone to run for FP so why should they.

I get into lines expecting a set wait time. I know that on that ride how long the line should take but wait we have to wait another 5 minutes because someone was doing something else. Some people think it is fine to have one person in line while the rest of the group is off to lunch ro whatever. I say everyone should get in line except emergencies. I say everyone should wait and I am disabled trying to get a scooter. I am fighting for my right to set in line like everyone else. I recently did the bobsleds and waited 30 minutes just like everyone else despite the scooter. What makes some people feel they do not have to wait like others?

It is rude and I am not going to let others cut in line. I see it as line cutting. If they have an emergency then go to the ride greeter and explain. The CM will arrange for the person to meet up with the group. Also it can be hard on other guests when people wedge through narrow lines. It is not my job and I am in parks to have fun but why should I allow someone to cheat and make us all wait extra time. It is the same as reporting a pot smoker or someone stealing from the parks. Anyone caught cheating will have their fingers pinched when they try to pass me, I got health issues that I will use if need be.

Lakewood
04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Anyone caught cheating will have their fingers pinched when they try to pass me, I got health issues that I will use if need be.

Probably not the smartest thing to do... regardless of "health issues".

Violence is never the best way to solve an issue...

Mugglemama
04-12-2009, 05:34 PM
we've had to do this a couple of times for kid potty issues, or to change a diaper (i mean, do any of you really WANT us to continue to stand in line while our kid smells icky? - what's less pleasant...smelling them or nudging over 10 minutes later so we can get back in line?):confused3

bumbershoot
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, inside of our family, if someone leaves a line, the others either continue on and we meet up later, or we all leave and do NOT come back into line. But we try really hard to not leave line, b/c it's a huge pain to get out of the line unless you're near an exit.

It took us 3 tries to get on Jungle Cruise two trips ago b/c the first 2 times, as soon as we got in sight of the gate overlooking the exit DS had an urgent need to use the bathroom. We could have very easily left an adult right there at the gate while the other adult and DS used the bathroom, then have the two rejoin, but that's just not the way we do things. DS also needed the bathroom about halfway through a surprisingly long wait for Casey's, and when we got in talking-distance to a CM so we could get out a proper gate, all three of us left. She even TOLD us to come back by the exit so we didn't have to wait, but we just don't do that. We came back, waited in the normal line, and it was fine.

As for what others do, it might bother me, and we might grumble, but I have NO interest in starting something, in blocking someone, in doing anything to someone else that might cause a problem. So I don't block lines, I don't harm people, I don't even think of harming them.

We were waiting 40 minutes for TSMM, and we were around halfway or 3/4 of the way done with the line when a large group of people came through the line to meet their group. I got a little twitchy about it and probably grumped to hubby, but then when I saw them rejoin their VERY large group, I realized that I had indeed seen them in the line before, and they had probably climbed out of the line (they were all tall) at a point where they could do that, but their group had moved further on so they had to just go through the line from the start to meet up. And so if I had indeed said or done anything, I would have been in the wrong, b/c they had been up there, I just hadn't seen them leave.

So while we don't rejoin or come back through the exit if CMs tell us to, I'm not going to start something, b/c I could very well be wrong about what I perceive the situation to be.

CaliLuvinGirl
04-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Well, inside of our family, if someone leaves a line, the others either continue on and we meet up later, or we all leave and do NOT come back into line. But we try really hard to not leave line, b/c it's a huge pain to get out of the line unless you're near an exit.

It took us 3 tries to get on Jungle Cruise two trips ago b/c the first 2 times, as soon as we got in sight of the gate overlooking the exit DS had an urgent need to use the bathroom. We could have very easily left an adult right there at the gate while the other adult and DS used the bathroom, then have the two rejoin, but that's just not the way we do things. DS also needed the bathroom about halfway through a surprisingly long wait for Casey's, and when we got in talking-distance to a CM so we could get out a proper gate, all three of us left. She even TOLD us to come back by the exit so we didn't have to wait, but we just don't do that. We came back, waited in the normal line, and it was fine.

As for what others do, it might bother me, and we might grumble, but I have NO interest in starting something, in blocking someone, in doing anything to someone else that might cause a problem. So I don't block lines, I don't harm people, I don't even think of harming them.

We were waiting 40 minutes for TSMM, and we were around halfway or 3/4 of the way done with the line when a large group of people came through the line to meet their group. I got a little twitchy about it and probably grumped to hubby, but then when I saw them rejoin their VERY large group, I realized that I had indeed seen them in the line before, and they had probably climbed out of the line (they were all tall) at a point where they could do that, but their group had moved further on so they had to just go through the line from the start to meet up. And so if I had indeed said or done anything, I would have been in the wrong, b/c they had been up there, I just hadn't seen them leave.

So while we don't rejoin or come back through the exit if CMs tell us to, I'm not going to start something, b/c I could very well be wrong about what I perceive the situation to be.

You said it perfectly! I agree with you 100%

AlexMouse
04-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I agree with what most of you have said as far as "I'm here to have fun, I don't let it bother me..." etc...

HOWEVER...

Something that does really bother me, and something that I have witnessed first-hand at almost ever theme park I've ever attended, is when children think they can put one over on the adults and basically cut through the line saying that they are trying to "catch up to their parents" when their parents aren't even there.

A lot of kids these days seem to know this "trick" and to me (perhaps it's just the Brit in me...) this is cheating, and just wrong.

In this situation, they should, at the very least, be made to go back and get in the line at the end as they should have done to begin with.

To let kids get away with that is, IMHO, sending the wrong message.

I've also noticed that most parks don't care (even though they say that line cutting is cause for ejection) and on almost every single trip I take to any theme park I see this activity occurring. What bothers me even more is that the kids laugh about it because they think it's so funny that they get away with it.

Don't really know what the answer is, and I'm too much of a "mind my own business" kind of person to ever say anything, but it does bother me.

Still, "I'm there to have fun" and point taken in that regard.

arliepooh68
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I have to say I saw a very honest dude last night.. . he asked if he could jump ahead of us as his party was up ahead (or so he thought). . . we were in line for Buzz, so that door that leads to the exit and the wheelchair access area, we get to that point and he realizes his family is already gone on the ride, so he walked out through the door and waited for them. .

how many times have we all heard that line of my party is just up there and thought to ourselves (sure they are).. so I thought it was cool to see that, he could have just as easily rode the ride by himself, but he chose to do the "right" thing and proceed to the exit instead.

ratherbe@disneyland
04-12-2009, 08:12 PM
I could understand if parent/kid had to leave for bathroom break. But at the same time, that is part of the game with parents/kids isn't it, you miss out on some stuff? I dunno how I stand on this issue really, because it is an issue.
A DJ in my area has been associated with Disney for several years, and makes several trips to Disneyland. But one time he was at the park, waiting in the long Fantasyland rides. First he was at Dumbo, and this little boy comes up and says "excuse me, my mom is up there." So he let the little boy through. About 10 minutes later this lady comes through "my son is up there." It was only the 2 of them, and this happened to this DJ about 4 times in the next rides. Same lady, same story, same 2 mom/child. Its fine if it really was a potty emergency, but I think that people like this ruin it for the parents who really are doing emergency type things.
For me, if my DH or I had to go to the bathroom, we make sure we stop, go, then get in line. I know its harder with kids, but I'm afraid the one's that take advantage will lead to Disney enforcing the no cutting rule.

LisainCalifornia
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
That can be very annoying

Hoho5000
04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
I was waiting in line, for Indiana Jones last week, and the standby queue was fairly long. There were two guys ahead of me. One answered his phone and said something like "just meet us in line." Sure enough, a few minutes later, a couple of women with a kid undo the rope and cut right in front of me. And no, they weren't coming from the bathroom or anything, they were coming from lunch.

I can't stand when people do this. If our group gets separated, the part that's ahead waits for the part that's behind, even if people offer to let us pass. I think it's very rude and not fair for anyone behind you.

And for those that say that it doesn't bother them because they're just there to enjoy it, well I am too. But waiting longer in line because other don't want to wait is not fun.

alvernon90
04-12-2009, 10:06 PM
And for those that say that it doesn't bother them because they're just there to enjoy it, well I am too. But waiting longer in line because other don't want to wait is not fun.

Exactly! It's the people who don't mind who are part of the problem. Inconsiderate people feel free to jump the line and make everyone wait because they know people are doormats and won't care.

Of course, most people don't jump the line, because if a majority of people did it there would be no line, it would just be anarchy. The line jumpers cheat because they know that most people won't and that most people will just let them get away with it.

For those of you who don't care when somebody cuts in front of you in a line, let me ask you this: Let's say that you have been waiting for 20 minutes to place your order at a counter service restaurant like the Hungry Bear. You have finally gotten to the front of the line and the cashier says, "May I take your order?" At that very moment, a family of six steps right in front of you and gives their order. Are you OK with that? Do you say, "Hey, I'm at Disneyland and I'm here to have fun, I won't let it bother me" and just shrug it off? What if it happens twice in a row, another family jumps in right after the first, and now the restaurant has served 12 people in the time since they were supposed to have served you? Are you still perfectly fine with it?

To me, the only difference between having this happen at the Hungry Bear and having it happen at the Jungle Cruise is what you are waiting for. But having somebody shove you aside to place their order is exactly the same as shoving you aside to get ahead in a line for a ride. Are you Disney Zen practitioners really OK with both situations??

QueenDoOver
04-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't consider myself either a doormat or a zen Disney person. But, in general, the scope of the problem has not been such that I allow it to effect my vacation at my happy spot. There is far more goodwill than there is ill manners, and I have to believe that MOST of the people that are getting out of line are doing so for a good reason. If that were to change, then my perspective may change.

Actually, I did have a really negative experience when entering DCA with my two children. I was approaching the CM at the gate, with AP's in hand. A lady stepped in front of me with a paper, to ask the CM a question. The CM told her that yes she could just go straight through the gate, at which time the lady called over her 16 kids to go in front of me and my two children. I have to say, I shoved through the hoard, to the next gate and I was fuming. I muttered something about how that rude lady was raining on my magic, and this nice lady in front of me offered to let us go in front of her. For no other reason than just to make me feel better. I quickly regained my perspective.

So I guess I choose to focus on the positive experiences and let the rest go and I don't think that is being a doormat.

alvernon90
04-12-2009, 10:25 PM
So I guess I choose to focus on the positive experiences and let the rest go and I don't think that is being a doormat.

Respectfully, I disagree. From what you've just described, I wouldn't say that you are not a doormat. Rather, you're saying that you're OK with being a doormat because the vast majority of people won't walk all over you, so you don't mind it when a small minority of people do walk all over you.

Though you're not really even saying that. You're saying that it does bother you when it happens, but you are able to get over it quickly and easily.

More power to you, but I'm just not like that. I can't stand it when people take advantage of the kindness of strangers, and that's just what the line jumpers do.

Sherwin
04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
For those of you who don't care when somebody cuts in front of you in a line, let me ask you this: Let's say that you have been waiting for 20 minutes to place your order at a counter service restaurant like the Hungry Bear. You have finally gotten to the front of the line and the cashier says, "May I take your order?" At that very moment, a family of six steps right in front of you and gives their order. Are you OK with that? Do you say, "Hey, I'm at Disneyland and I'm here to have fun, I won't let it bother me" and just shrug it off? What if it happens twice in a row, another family jumps in right after the first, and now the restaurant has served 12 people in the time since they were supposed to have served you? Are you still perfectly fine with it?

Well, that's different. I don't think anyone would be okay with that. The people more lenient with this are okay with letting people through to find their parties, not entire groups jumping in front.

alvernon90
04-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Well, that's different. I don't think anyone would be okay with that. The people more lenient with this are okay with letting people through to find their parties, not entire groups jumping in front.

Hmm, you may be right. I've read a few posts in this thread as being OK with line jumping in general, but perhaps those posters are assuming that the jumpers are catching up to their party.

In any case, the practical effect is the same. You are being shoved further back in line by people who may or may not have a good excuse for cutting ahead. I totally agree with the posters who say that rather than catching up to the people who are ahead in line, the people ahead should stand still and let others go past them until the rest of their group catches up.

I generally accept only one very limited exception to this rule. Sometimes when you are heading into a queue you see little kids hustling ahead of their parents, so the kids enter the queue in front of you and the parents are behind you. In principle the kids should wait for their parents to catch up, but in practice a lot of kids don't care if their parents join them on the ride or not -- they are perfectly happy to ride alone and wait for their parents at the exit. In this case, the parents only need to skip over a few people, and it's not like they were off having a good time instead of waiting in line, and it's the only way they can ride with their kids, so I take pity on them and let them cut in front of me.

That, and perhaps the small child potty break exception are the only two I would make. Everyone else who tries to cut in front of me must pay for it by having me loudly humiliate them as they go by. It's all part of the magic!

bumbershoot
04-12-2009, 11:46 PM

Well, since we're *mainly* talking about people who really ARE meeting up with people in the line ahead, your situation would actually be even more fine with me. With rides, you have to be there, butt in the seat, to ride the ride (OK except for the Nemo alternative viewing area, no seat required, but you get what I'm saying). But if one person orders 10 meals or 10 people order 1 meal each, it's not that much different. Heck, the 10 different orders could take LESS time, as the cooks aren't getting confused trying to get everything out together. If there was one person ahead of me with 9 others waiting in the wings, those 10 meals were going to be ordered no matter what. So it's more palatable to me.

I've never seen the situation that the pp's DJ friend experienced. And the one time I did get grumbly and judgy about the situation (trust me, I judge OTHER situations very well, LOL, I'm no saint when it comes to that!) in that TSMM line, I was absolutely wrong. But even if I were to judge a situation in the future I'm *still* not going to jeopardize myself and my trip and even my safety to say or do something about it. I have NO interest in being in a situation like those ladies in the Dumbo line at WDW found themselves in a couple years back. I'd rather wait another 5 minutes than get punched or worse.

OK wait wait, I have to stop myself! I just had a memory of the one time we went on Gadget's Go Coaster. First big trip in '07, the line is wide if I recall correctly, and it's a slow-loader. This young teen boy was inching his way up slowly past us, and it was so annoying and so nonsensical, that I finally looked at him and said something like "really?" or "seriously?" or something like that, with one of the very few "mom stares" I've ever managed to do properly, and he slunk back behind us. So I guess I *have* acted, once...but gol, thinking about it NOW, I feel like a prize idiot. I mean, what was it going to do to me, ya know? So some 14 year old wanted to get in front of us, who really cares? He wanted to go on a little coaster...he's probably 16 or now and wouldn't go on it on a dare...man I feel low now.

Sherwin
04-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Hmm, you may be right. I've read a few posts in this thread as being OK with line jumping in general, but perhaps those posters are assuming that the jumpers are catching up to their party.

In any case, the practical effect is the same. You are being shoved further back in line by people who may or may not have a good excuse for cutting ahead. I totally agree with the posters who say that rather than catching up to the people who are ahead in line, the people ahead should stand still and let others go past them until the rest of their group catches up.
Either way, we do not know the true motives of line-cutters or jumpers. If two people are trying squeeze by and they point a party member at the front of the line, who is clearly waving to them or whatnot, I won't have too big a problem letting them pass. But I would definitely not let anyone pass if they clearly had no reason to jump up.

mechurchlady
04-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Either way, we do not know the true motives of line-cutters or jumpers. If two people are trying squeeze by and they point a party member at the front of the line, who is clearly waving to them or whatnot, I won't have too big a problem letting them pass. But I would definitely not let anyone pass if they clearly had no reason to jump up.
I agree that if you can see them waving to family or if you saw them get out of line but I have been stepped on and pushed only to see the person get way up near the front of the line without meeting up with anyone.

Grizzly Rapids first opened and I was in line with friends and this pair of guys would say they were with the person in front of them, wait then move on up. I stopped them and asked if anyone new them, nope, as we passed a CM they were asked to leave and did not protest.

I do not think anyone posting here has a problem with kids on potty break or someone who is waving to their party who is waving back. I think the problem is the people who lie about their nonexistant family being at the head of the line and the ones who are off having lunch or running errands instead of waiting like everyone else.

alvernon90
04-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Either way, we do not know the true motives of line-cutters or jumpers.

Sure we do! Whatever else might be true of the situation, all line jumpers have the same motivation: not waiting in line. If they want to catch up to their party, they could always have their party wait for them, or they could skip the ride and meet their party at the exit. But that's not what they want to do. What they want to do is go on the ride before the people they are cutting in front of.

I do not think anyone posting here has a problem with kids on potty break or someone who is waving to their party who is waving back.

Maybe not a small child on a potty break, but just because someone is waving doesn't mean that line jumping is OK. Think of the poster above who listened to the person in front talking on the cell phone and inviting others who were at lunch to meet him in line. Sure, they were catching up to someone they knew, but that is still completely unacceptable. It's wrong, and people like that should suffer for it. Not physical violence, but definitely the humiliation of being thrown out of line by a CM (ideal) or just general public shaming/humiliation if they get away with it (less ideal, but more fun).

JenDisneylandlver
04-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Well I'm the one that even takes issue with potty breaks. Have to get out of line? That's the way it goes. Start at the back again afterwards, or wait for the rest of your party to ride it. It's what we do. I'm not going to go pushing my way back through a long line. I find that incredibly rude.

I don't block people, or start a fight, but I will say something. I'm not just going to stand there and not. I am there for a good time, and that hinders it.

Mike_M
04-13-2009, 03:12 AM
Every time this point comes up I can't help but find the whole argument petty, ridiculous and irritating since it always blows up into assumptions and 'Holier than thou' attitudes. Actually physically blocking someone (or worse) from making their way to their group (Whether there really is one or not)? Are you kidding me? Did I miss the ceremony during MMs where Mickey Deputizes guests as line Police? Here's a scenario for anyone that may consider that tactic.

Let’s say that the person you are blocking (taunting) might take offense to that in an equally physical way. You now have a confrontation on your hands. At this point the CMs will get involved and most of the other people in line will be doing whatever they can to distance themselves from you to keep from ruining their own vacations so it now is a 'My word vs. your word' situation and Disney isn't going to believe either of you so both of you will get escorted out the gate to enjoy the rest of the day (or even trip) on Harbor blvd at Denny’s. But at least that person didn't cut in front of you. Right? Was it worth it? :sad2:

Besides, I've never had more than 5 or so people jump in line ahead of me during the entire duration of a line for whatever reason and most of the time, they have just jumped a rail or unclipped a line to get with whomever they are with so there rarely is any pushing past people going on anyways.

To make this big of a deal out of it is creating a mountain out of a molehill. It really doesn’t happen in numbers large enough to affect queue times in any truly noticeable way. If it did, Disney would have already addressed it somehow. Getting hung up over the principle of the matter rather than the actual affect just makes people angry for the sake of being angry and I've got much better things to be thinking about while at DL than whether someone just cut in front of me or not. If that makes me a pushover, than whatever. Personally, I think it means that I'm not a whiner.

JenDisneylandlver
04-13-2009, 03:56 AM
I wouldn't make a confrontation out of it, if anything then because there are some crazy people out there. Who knows what they would do. Nor is it worth fighting about. But still doesn't make it right, still doesn't make it not rude.

Oh and yes I've been pushed aside MANY times in lines. A lot of the rides it comes a point where you can't just go under the chain. And even when they do you get shoved back so they can fit in front of you.

Guess I'm just amazed at how accepting people are these days about rude behavior. What happened to being considerate of others? Since when does that make someone "'Holier than thou"? Oh well, I guess as long as you don't want to wait longer, too bad for anyone else. Sad the way society has gone.

alvernon90
04-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Did I miss the ceremony during MMs where Mickey Deputizes guests as line Police?

I guess you did, which is too bad because the ceremony was very emotionally moving.

Some of us who are truly holier than thou get to go beyond mere "Line Police" and become the "Line AJBs." It stands for "Agent Jack Bauer" and those are the people who are allow to do whatever it takes to keep the lines orderly. That way Disney doesn't have to get its hands dirty.

mechurchlady
04-13-2009, 04:25 AM
popcorn::
This is better than a soap opera or even Jerry Springer.

Dopey's MIL
04-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Every time this point comes up I can't help but find the whole argument petty, ridiculous and irritating since it always blows up into assumptions and 'Holier than thou' attitudes. Actually physically blocking someone (or worse) from making their way to their group (Whether there really is one or not)? Are you kidding me? Did I miss the ceremony during MMs where Mickey Deputizes guests as line Police? Here's a scenario for anyone that may consider that tactic.

Letís say that the person you are blocking (taunting) might take offense to that in an equally physical way. You now have a confrontation on your hands. At this point the CMs will get involved and most of the other people in line will be doing whatever they can to distance themselves from you to keep from ruining their own vacations so it now is a 'My word vs. your word' situation and Disney isn't going to believe either of you so both of you will get escorted out the gate to enjoy the rest of the day (or even trip) on Harbor blvd at Dennyís. But at least that person didn't cut in front of you. Right? Was it worth it? :sad2:

Besides, I've never had more than 5 or so people jump in line ahead of me during the entire duration of a line for whatever reason and most of the time, they have just jumped a rail or unclipped a line to get with whomever they are with so there rarely is any pushing past people going on anyways.

To make this big of a deal out of it is creating a mountain out of a molehill. It really doesnít happen in numbers large enough to affect queue times in any truly noticeable way. If it did, Disney would have already addressed it somehow. Getting hung up over the principle of the matter rather than the actual affect just makes people angry for the sake of being angry and I've got much better things to be thinking about while at DL than whether someone just cut in front of me or not. If that makes me a pushover, than whatever. Personally, I think it means that I'm not a whiner.

Cheers! :cheer2: Be thankful you're on vacation. Or be thankful that you live close enough to enjoy the fun more often than those of us who have to travel a long distance. I don't feel it's worth letting it ruin even one minute of my day. "So pass me already and get on!"

zeitzeuge
04-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Two years ago, was the first time I had been back to Disneyland since I was a teenager with my parents. I have to say that my first trip back, I found myself getting slightly irritated throughout our time there with various types of rude people. Line cutters, people interrupting CM's when you were checking out or talking to them, people standing there at the counter after already being in line for 20 minutes, trying to figure out what they want to eat, etc.

I had to stop at one point and tell myself that I wasn't going to let things like this ruin my trip. Especially since the cost of hotel, flights and parkhoppers, not to mention spending money, adds up to a pretty expensive trip. I admit I'm quick to anger sometimes. I have a little bit of a temper and I'm the first to admit it. I was a huge step for me to take a deep breath and count to ten, put on a smile and ignore it. Now, it's not even a problem while at the parks.

Times have just changed and so have people. Especially kids are different today then they use to be. I was noticing this recently when I opened the door for someone at work. Not even a thank you. Or when I held the elevator door, to let everyone step out before I exited myself. Nothing. Handing someone a dollar in the grocery line recently because they were short 50 cents. Can you believe I didn't even get a thank you? Don't even get me started regarding tipping a bartender. I throw down a dollar or two when I buy a drink, I expect a "thanks!"

I believe in Karma.

Luckily, the fleeting moments of rudeness or what we would consider inconsiderate behavior at home or at the parks, is outweighed by all the people who still in my opinion, were raised right.

My Mama raised me to say thank you, hold doors for people and to refer to people as Sir or Maam.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :)

perlster
04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
from the most recent area theme park guides I have:

Magic Mountain:
Line jumping is strictly prohibited. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for any reason. Violators may be ejected from the Park without refund.

Knott's Berry Farm:
To permit guests to enjoy rides as quickly as possible, line jumping is not allowed. Line jumping is defined as: cutting in front of other guests already waiting in line; leaving a line, then trying to re-enter the line at the same point; or saving a place for someone. This includes using rest rooms and purchasing food and drink, so please make all stops before entering the line. Line jumping, regardless of the reason, will lead to dismissal from the Park. This rule is strictly enforced, with no refunds.

Disneyland:

Disney's California Adventure Park:

-

luvsmickey1968
04-13-2009, 11:22 AM
zeitzeuge, some people may consider you old fashioned but I am of the opinion that good manners never go out of style.
I am by nature, a calm and patient person but I do, at times get annoyed by all the rude, inconsiderate behaviour talked about here.
However, I too am not going to let it ruin my trip!
I am also not going to let it affect the way I behave or the way I teach my children to behave!
When we experience "bad behavior", we discuss it quietly and my children now understand why even though a lot of people behave this way, it is not right.
You can only be responsible for you own behavior!
I am always very pleased when people do nice things like open doors, help me pick up change I have dropped etc and always thank them appropriately.
Although sometimes it may seem that the world is full of rude, inconsiderate people, they really are in the minority and I believe we all must continue to exhibit good behavior to serve as the opposite example!

zeitzeuge
04-13-2009, 11:40 AM
zeitzeuge, some people may consider you old fashioned but I am of the opinion that good manners never go out of style.
I am by nature, a calm and patient person but I do, at times get annoyed by all the rude, inconsiderate behaviour talked about here.
I am also not going to let it affect the way I behave or the way I teach my children to behave!
When we experience "bad behavior", we discuss it quietly and my children now understand why even though a lot of people behave this way, it is not right.
I am always very pleased when people do nice things like open doors, help me pick up change I have dropped etc and always thank them appropriately.
Although sometimes it may seem that the world is full of rude, inconsiderate people, they really are in the minority and I believe we all must continue to exhibit good behavior to serve as the opposite example!

I totally 100% agree. A person can only lead by example and hope that others will follow. The good behavior I've seen tremendously outweighs the bad in my opinion. Personally, I just need to pay attention to the good behavior more and try not to focus on the bad. Especially at any sort of themepark. :rotfl:

My patience is tested at times. :)

JadeDarkstar
04-13-2009, 12:20 PM
i some times find it funny how out of hand this convo gets. CM"S have told me personally they encourage some family's to take the others around to do other stuff while the line is long. with nemo an toy story i have heard of it happening to

Ken2Blitzkrieg
04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
popcorn::
This is better than a soap opera or even Jerry Springer.

or.... Chelsea Lately commenting on Lindsey Lohans latest actions :lmao::lmao:

DisneySuiteFreak
04-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Cheers! :cheer2: Be thankful you're on vacation. Or be thankful that you live close enough to enjoy the fun more often than those of us who have to travel a long distance. I don't feel it's worth letting it ruin even one minute of my day. "So pass me already and get on!"

I feel the same way as you do. Que Sera Sera...I may have been oblivious, but to be honest, I never ever noticed or gave line cutters a second thought until I first read about it here on the Dis a few years ago. I honestly thought the group of kids cutting really were going to meet up with their parents. I found myself getting a little perturbed on my last trip when it happened twice in 2 days from a large group of teens. (About 7 of them) Then I thought about it and realized I was wasting my energy on something I have no control over. They weren't my kids, and I wasn't going to start a confrontation with anybody. Really, unless we confront people who are 'cutting' we don't really know for sure what the circumstances are, and/or why they are 'cutting.'
I don't have a problem with someone holding a space in line for their family who had to go do whatever it is they do -- whether it's gather a FP or go to the potty. I don't have a problem with people who politely ask if I mind if they move up to meet the rest of their party. And for anyone else who 'cuts' I decided on this last trip that I won't give them a second thought. My thinking is that I'm on vacation, my DH and I work hard to be able to take vacations, and I'm not going to stress out over the small stuff that I have no control over. I can't control their behavior, but I can control mine. Like my DH says, "It's not worth dying over." People get killed minding their own business. Is it really worth risking getting punched out or worse to prove a point or make someone else feel small? Life is too short. Don't sweat the small stuff. And besides, unless we point blank confront them and demand the truth, and assuming they tell the truth, there is no way to prove or disprove anyone is being a line cutter. I try really hard not to make assumptions about people. You know what they say about people who assume things...

ratherbe@disneyland
04-13-2009, 01:41 PM
I think its funny that people are saying "let it ruin your trip"? I don't let it ruin my trip. But when people come by 10 or 12 in the course of waiting in line, it gets frustrating being pushed to the side or having to move out of their way. I don't let this ruin my trip, but when you are constantly being pushed aside, it does get a little irritating especially in a line that's long. Just makes me wonder if the people that are okay with it are guilty? I dunno. It is a problem. It really isn't fair. And it won't ruin my trip, I just think how sad it is that people value themselves over others. I will continue to do it my way, by NOT line jumping, and I'm sure others will do it there way by line jumping. But Disneyland is still fun! And it doesn't ruin my trip.

DisneySuiteFreak
04-13-2009, 01:46 PM
Disneyland:

Disney's California Adventure Park:

-

This is very interesting! I take it to mean that Disney really has no stated Line cutting policy, in which case there are a lot of people wasting their Disney energy getting angry for nothing...

i some times find it funny how out of hand this convo gets. CM"S have told me personally they encourage some family's to take the others around to do other stuff while the line is long. with nemo an toy story i have heard of it happening to
I agree.
I have heard the same, and was told the same by CMs a few years ago too. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, I may have read about it about 9 years ago in one of those Disney planning books like UG or Birnbaum's. Not sure, but I know I read it somewhere...That's why it never really bothered me until I started allowing other people's thinking about it as line cutting to inluence me. I seriously thought when people pushed past me that they really were meeting up with family/friends -- and had no problem with it. :)

DisneySuiteFreak
04-13-2009, 02:10 PM
I think its funny that people are saying "let it ruin your trip"? I don't let it ruin my trip. But when people come by 10 or 12 in the course of waiting in line, it gets frustrating being pushed to the side or having to move out of their way. I don't let this ruin my trip, but when you are constantly being pushed aside, it does get a little irritating especially in a line that's long. Just makes me wonder if the people that are okay with it are guilty? I dunno. It is a problem. It really isn't fair. And it won't ruin my trip, I just think how sad it is that people value themselves over others. I will continue to do it my way, by NOT line jumping, and I'm sure others will do it there way by line jumping. But Disneyland is still fun! And it doesn't ruin my trip.

I agree that it starts to get frustrating when large groups of kids/teenagers are pushing past you, especially when the line is long. I just choose to let it run off my back, because like I wrote, I didn't even think that they weren't really meeting up with family until I read about it here on the Dis. Then when I realized I was getting irritated over something I have no control over, I chose to let it go. I don't cut in line. I don't condone anyone behaving like they think they are more special than anyone else. But I wouldn't begrudge a parent holding a place in line for their kids at a ride. What if the parent is physically unable to ride certain rides because they get sick on it or something? It doesn't bother me to see that parent then go to a ride they can ride, get in line and hold a spot for the rest of their family. (As long as it's only a few people like 1-3, and not 12!) I think it would be respectful of the parent, if they got past a certain point to just stop and let others go while they wait for their kids, but unfortunately, not everyone shares the same beliefs. Again, it's not worth getting angry over imo.
And it appears as Perlster posted above, DL has no stated line cutting policy in their Theme Park guides which basically means, we're lucky if it doesn't turn into a free for all!:eek: ;)

JenDisneylandlver
04-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I just find it really funny that this is the same board of people in which a heated debate can come from the disabled, with actual health problems, being able to "cut the line," and how terrible that is. But a bunch of teens, or family who needs to potty is okay!

I don't let it ruin my trip, but I will use it as an example to my son that it's the wrong thing to do. I do wish the world had a little more consideration for others that's all.

DisneySuiteFreak
04-13-2009, 02:59 PM
I just find it really funny that this is the same board of people in which a heated debate can come from the disabled, with actual health problems, being able to "cut the line," and how terrible that is. But a bunch of teens, or family who needs to potty is okay!

I don't let it ruin my trip, but I will use it as an example to my son that it's the wrong thing to do. I do wish the world had a little more consideration for others that's all.

Whaaaat?:confused::confused3 I've not heard or been a party to any conversation in which anyone begrudged a disabled person or person with health problems from using the wheelchair access, or cutting lines in the case of parents with autistic kids who can't stand in long lines. I hope that wasn't directed at me, because my MIL and my mom both had to use wheelchairs due to cancer/illness on prior trips. We didn't get the GAC pass because it was during those years in which they stopped offering it due to some people abusing the privilege.

JenDisneylandlver
04-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Whaaaat?:confused::confused3 I've not heard or been a party to any conversation in which anyone begrudged a disabled person or person with health problems from using the wheelchair access, or cutting lines in the case of parents with autistic kids who can't stand in long lines. I hope that wasn't directed at me, because my MIL and my mom both had to use wheelchairs due to cancer/illness on prior trips. We didn't get the GAC pass because it was during those years in which they stopped offering it due to some people abusing the privilege.

Oh no, it was not directed at you at all. There was a thread on the other DL board recently about the disabled and GACs. Some didn't like the idea of family being able to go with their disabled loved one through the exit, or those with disabilities (like Autism) that make it hard to wait in lines for a long period of time. Because of that thread I found the comments on this one pretty interesting, that's all.

I'm glad you understand those situations though! :)

DisneySuiteFreak
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh no, it was not directed at you at all. There was a thread on the other DL board recently about the disabled and GACs. Some didn't like the idea of family being able to go with their disabled loved one through the exit, or those with disabilities (like Autism) that make it hard to wait in lines for a long period of time. Because of that thread I found the comments on this one pretty interesting, that's all.

I'm glad you understand those situations though! :)

Wow. That would be very interesting... It's also very intolerant, imo, for any person to begrudge anyone who needs the GAC.
:goodvibes

momrek06
04-13-2009, 05:07 PM
I started a thread on this same topic in Feb. Looks like it just continues to happen day in, day out at DL. :sad2:

Here is my thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2098518

I so wish there was a written rule about this in the DL/DCA Park Guides that we get each and every time we enter. ::yes::

pixiewings71
04-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Two years ago, was the first time I had been back to Disneyland since I was a teenager with my parents. I have to say that my first trip back, I found myself getting slightly irritated throughout our time there with various types of rude people. Line cutters, people interrupting CM's when you were checking out or talking to them, people standing there at the counter after already being in line for 20 minutes, trying to figure out what they want to eat, etc.

I had to stop at one point and tell myself that I wasn't going to let things like this ruin my trip. Especially since the cost of hotel, flights and parkhoppers, not to mention spending money, adds up to a pretty expensive trip. I admit I'm quick to anger sometimes. I have a little bit of a temper and I'm the first to admit it. I was a huge step for me to take a deep breath and count to ten, put on a smile and ignore it. Now, it's not even a problem while at the parks.

Times have just changed and so have people. Especially kids are different today then they use to be. I was noticing this recently when I opened the door for someone at work. Not even a thank you. Or when I held the elevator door, to let everyone step out before I exited myself. Nothing. Handing someone a dollar in the grocery line recently because they were short 50 cents. Can you believe I didn't even get a thank you? Don't even get me started regarding tipping a bartender. I throw down a dollar or two when I buy a drink, I expect a "thanks!"

I believe in Karma.

Luckily, the fleeting moments of rudeness or what we would consider inconsiderate behavior at home or at the parks, is outweighed by all the people who still in my opinion, were raised right.

My Mama raised me to say thank you, hold doors for people and to refer to people as Sir or Maam.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. :)

Gosh, I knew I liked you for a reason! Amen to everything you said here. :goodvibes

Exactly, yet another Amen to that!! We too use the experiences of others misbehaving or being disrespectful as lessons to our children. As a result we see that they are much better behaved then a lot of adults we see around, both at DL and in our everyday lives. It's really sad when a 9 y.o. says "Mom, that person is badly behaved" or something similar. lol We always get compliments on how good our girls are too, people tell us our kids well behaved pretty often. :)

Another amen. Common courtesy is very lacking in our society. While I try to lead by example I don't appreciate being pushed around and people lying to get ahead of me. I would much rather they simply say "You know, I don't want to wait in this line so can I cut past you?" I would appreciate the honestly much more than the typical "my family is up there" and when they get to the front there is no family just them. If there is family fine, go, whatever. I would hope that if for some reason my kids and I got seperated someone would let them "cut" to catch up to me. Of course we try to do all potty breaks together before we get in lines and with my girls ages they are really good about going when I say it's time. LOL I just don't like the lying and general disrespect that I hear from many people cutting lines. Have I said something, sure I have but I don't usually try to line block them, if it's that important for them to get to the front "right now" then have at it, our family doesn't like lines but we don't begrudge them. When we are in them we use that time to chat with each other, about school or friends or whatever. :) Are we perfect? No, we complain about cutters but I'd never start a fight over it.....

I started a thread on this same topic in Feb. Looks like it just continues to happen day in, day out at DL. :sad2:

Here is my thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2098518

I so wish there was a written rule about this in the DL/DCA Park Guides that we get each and every time we enter. ::yes::

I too with there was a rule, it might help with this type of behavior. BUT I used to have 6 Flags passes, and they have that rule and people still do it all the time and no one cares......

CaliLuvinGirl
04-13-2009, 06:14 PM
WOW! I never knew people had such strong opinions on this topic, or for that matter, such strong opinions on the fact that people have opinions on this topic! Lol. Its rather intersting.

I know this is horribly :offtopic: but does anybody know why this thread got moved? Im confused..

momrek06
04-13-2009, 06:41 PM
WOW! I never knew people had such strong opinions on this topic, or for that matter, such strong opinions on the fact that people have opinions on this topic! Lol. Its rather intersting.

I know this is horribly :offtopic: but does anybody know why this thread got moved? Im confused..

Really? Why where was this thread originally? :confused:

Sherwin
04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Really? Why where was this thread originally? :confused:
It was originally in the main DL discussion board. It's now in the DL community board.

AlexMouse
04-13-2009, 07:07 PM

Magic Mountain:
Line jumping is strictly prohibited. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for any reason. Violators may be ejected from the Park without refund.

HAHAHAHA! That's laughable. MM is almost THE WORST for line cutting! They don't do ANYTHING about it even when they witness it. (In my experience.)

Nice that they have a policy, but they really don't enforce it.

mechurchlady
04-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I was on a hunt for take out gluten and soy free food at ESPN and then Rainforest cafe. Talk abou tinconsiderate people at Rainforest, it was frustrating.

I was trying to get to the bar to do a take out order. A pack of people were sprawled across the entrance so that nobody could get by them. They decided that blocking an entrance was as good a place as any to have a group powwow over about what ever.

i get to the bar and of the about 12 stools are a pair of ladies and 4 kids. I go to sit and the kids are on the backless stools bouncing from one stool to another so I try for the stool next to the ladies and the kid grabs them. I mumble about there being no seats. I then go to the place on the right and have to try to talk to staff through the employee bar area. I hear that there is a seat from someone but I am not going to wait for your precious bratty kids to play on the stools in a restaurant.

Rude does exist in DLR and good manners also exists. I had people open doors so I could push my chair into ESPN and a man whose stroller was blocking my path moved without me saying a word. There are lots of good people out there and kind hearted people but it is hard to have to stand there and wait for brats to stop grabbing stools, having to detour around groups blocking pathways, and I am exhausted from dealing with rude people today.

I met lots of nice people but I am tired from the detours and having to stand in pain while rude bratty parents allow their poor kids to be bratty.

Gisele
04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Here here! For I agree MCl!

marvel
04-16-2009, 02:51 AM
I am with Mike M. I push it out my mind and go on enjoying being in a line at DL. There are always going to be line pushers, cheats and bad manners, I suppose at least we all have each other that respect each other, the more of us on DIS there are, the better it will be at the parks.

Oh, wish I was in a queue right now being cut in on !! :lmao::lmao:

TheAmazingSpidey
07-09-2009, 04:12 AM
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but this thread reminded me of my 2007 trip.

My sister and I had *just* entered the Splash Mountain line when a little kid came running past (and through) us. I assumed he was catching up to family, but, no...my sister and I reach where the line stopped when I hear an "excuse us." I turn around and there are SEVEN people. The dad said "That's our son," and he and his group made their way past us. Normally I'd rage like Donald Duck...but hey, I was in Disneyland. :)

It was annoying, though. The line was already an hour long, and 8 more people being in front of us didn't make us happy. BUT--happy ending coming--through a sweet twist of fate only Disneyland could offer, we ended up getting on a log before them. Ah, the advantages of a party of two.:lmao:

We couldn't help but chuckle as we pulled out. :thumbsup2

snikelfrizt
07-10-2009, 07:31 PM
I personally wish all parents would have consideration and take their whiney restless kids out of long lines and find other things to do, coming back when the person waiting is close to the front. Why should the kids annoy everyone in line when they could be having fun??? In Disney spirit let them enjoy themselves, the wait would be as long regardless if they were there or not.If you make you young kids wait in forever long lines I feel sorry for you, take cm's advice and keep them busy............
As far as teenagers I would be appaled if mine did a line jump, I tell them use the single rider line if you want on that bad. I could however careless if people go past me in line stating thier group is ahead.
Good luck with your "blocking" plans:rotfl2:

Teki
07-12-2009, 10:31 PM
This happened to me on accident once, I got inline for Small world with my BF, while my sister went to buy a lolli pop to eat while in the really long line. She is 12 so why I was ok with her being walking alone to the souviner kiosk, I was not ok when the line started to move and I couldnt see her anymore. My DBF imeaditly went to get her to tell her the line had moved and suddenly I was all alone and was pushed into the main line and out of the roped off area and my DSister and DBF had to wiggle through the line to get to me. It was only a few minutes into the line, but I was so embarssed. I cant stand when people do it and its actually against Disney policey I asked once while waiting for Splash for two hours and then I was cut. The Castmember told me its against policy but so many people do it, its hard to control.

PinkBudgie
07-13-2009, 09:31 PM
I have to tell you our story of seeing justice served to line cutters a few weeks ago.

We had FPs for Screamin so we were in that line. After you give the person your ticket you go on up the stairs behind the elevator. The path to exit runs right next to this line. About 4 teenaged boys were exiting and decided to hop the rail back there and get into the FP line to ride again just a few people behind us. I'm sure they thought they couldn't be seen back there.

Then a voice on the loud speaker says, "Do not climb over the railing. Please exit the ride. You in the black." He actually stated who he was talking to but either the boys weren't listening or thought a voice couldn't do anything about it. We were hoping a CM would come around and get them, but no one did. Just before we got on the ride, they came down to the front of the steps to be assigned a loading gate. At that time, the CM in the booth used his loud speaker again to tell the CMs to escort those boys to the exit for line jumping. They were given a one way ride down in the elevator. :cheer2:

So all they did was waste time standing in line with nothing to show for it. (The Shadow knows! :laughing: )

TheAmazingSpidey
07-14-2009, 01:20 AM
I hate people who cut lines, I'm glad they got busted. Punks. :rolleyes:

pixiewings71
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I have to tell you our story of seeing justice served to line cutters a few weeks ago.

We had FPs for Screamin so we were in that line. After you give the person your ticket you go on up the stairs behind the elevator. The path to exit runs right next to this line. About 4 teenaged boys were exiting and decided to hop the rail back there and get into the FP line to ride again just a few people behind us. I'm sure they thought they couldn't be seen back there.

Then a voice on the loud speaker says, "Do not climb over the railing. Please exit the ride. You in the black." He actually stated who he was talking to but either the boys weren't listening or thought a voice couldn't do anything about it. We were hoping a CM would come around and get them, but no one did. Just before we got on the ride, they came down to the front of the steps to be assigned a loading gate. At that time, the CM in the booth used his loud speaker again to tell the CMs to escort those boys to the exit for line jumping. They were given a one way ride down in the elevator. :cheer2:

So all they did was waste time standing in line with nothing to show for it. (The Shadow knows! :laughing: )

That's too funny...and reminds me of a story I have about line cutting. I can't remember if I posted it here already so if I did sorry! :)

DBF and I were on a quick solo trip, we had FP for Indy and used them, as we were exiting the ride there was a party of 2 on the entrance side (as most of us know the entrance/exits run parallel for a while), well the girl in the group of 2 said "I'm not walking thru all this, I'm cutting over" and she and she jumped the rope divider right in front of us. Her guy friend (don't know what the relationship was) jumped over right after her and they complained (using great language I might add) the whole time they were walking about the stupid long line....well imagine their surprise when they walked OUT the exit in front of us......the gal stopped and said "OMG, that wasn't the entrance, it was the EXIT, we wasted our FP!!!!! I'm going to talk to the line worker right now!!" OMG, DBF and I were cracking up....it was sooooooooooooo funny......After she stormed off he said "walk slow, I want to see what the CM says when she's yelling at him/her" so we walked slowly and sure enough the CM was saying they couldn't help them, they'd have to wait in the normal line or get new FP for Indy, as we walked by DBF looked at the CM (she made eye contact) and said "that's what they get for trying to cut the line". I felt badly for the CM but she didn't let them on, we stayed and watched. LOL

PinkBudgie
07-14-2009, 03:50 PM
That is a great story! I love to see justice! :)