twenty3curls
04-11-2009, 01:26 AM

twenty3curls
04-11-2009, 01:55 AM

twenty3curls
04-11-2009, 02:36 AM

pinkcow
04-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Oh! I love your story! And the shoes!! (I'm wearing a similar pair!)

Can't wait to hear more!!!

twenty3curls
04-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh! I love your story! And the shoes!! (I'm wearing a similar pair!)

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Thanks! We still laugh about how everything worked out, given our somewhat shaky start!

I just found your PJ, too! :surfweb:

MainStMandy
04-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to stop in...I am a March 2010 bride too!! And I just love those red shoes!! What a cute couple :lovestruc

Bride-to-be
04-11-2009, 11:11 AM
You have such a fun story. I am very jealous that you are so organized! Congrats on getting so much settled.

I photoshopped the artwork for our save the dates and the mickey magnets that we included with them. I am not the craftiest person but I had a great time doing it.

Can't wait to hear more!

Manda_Lizabeth
04-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Congrats to you both on your wedding and wow those are some awesome red heals. I LOVE THEM!

rumrunnergirl
04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Congrats!

twenty3curls
04-12-2009, 01:23 AM
Just wanted to stop in...I am a March 2010 bride too!! And I just love those red shoes!! What a cute couple :lovestruc

Thanks, Mandy! I think March is going to be a great month at Disney...not a month I would ever consider at home. And, I'm glad the shoes are a hit... I think life is always better in a pair of red shoes!:goodvibes

You have such a fun story. I am very jealous that you are so organized! Congrats on getting so much settled.

I photoshopped the artwork for our save the dates and the mickey magnets that we included with them. I am not the craftiest person but I had a great time doing it.

Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks! I look forward to sharing as I figure more out :) I'm really excited to confirm the date so I can start crafting some save-the-dates. I was looking a die-cutting machines the other day, lamenting my inability to afford one....then my DF surprised me with a Cricut Expressions today for Easter! And he bought me the Mickey & Friends cartridge so I could make Mickey save-the-dates! Can't wait! I'd love to see the stuff you're working on...how'd you do magnets??

Congrats to you both on your wedding and wow those are some awesome red heals. I LOVE THEM!

Thanks you! Love red...good thing DF was all about the red heels...because I've been planning on wearing red shoes on my wedding day for many more years than I've known him! :laughing:

Awww, what a sweet story! Sounds like you've got pretty much everything under control. I think those Mad Hatter cakes are neat.

Congrats!

Thanks! We look back on that summer quite fondly...wouldn't have wanted it any other way! And, I like to pretend I have everything under control...it's all an act! :rotfl: I'm not a big fan of uncertainty, so I try to plan what I can...fingers crossed it all works! ;)

twenty3curls
04-12-2009, 01:53 AM
So, I'm really excited! As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I'm pretty determined to make my own invitations, save-the-dates, and programs...BUT, I don't want them to look amateur or cheap. The other day I was looking at die-cut machines to do some Disney cut outs (like Mickey heads); but, I quickly realized there was no way I could afford to do it right now. We're starting to put some deposits on vendors, we're saving for our August trip and until the semester's over, my work hours are somewhat limited. I gave up my search and decided I'd just wait for my birthday and ask for Joann Fabrics gift cards to put toward a machine.
Well, DF and I celebrated Easter today because he has to work tomorrow...so he tells me I have to unwrap a present before I can do my Easter basket because the basket will give away the gift....so now my interest is piqued. I open the present...IT WAS A CRICUT EXPRESSIONS! (http://www.joann.com/images/13/14/0/131402_z.jpg)!!! I'm so excited!!! He handed me the Easter basket and in it was 3 different cartridge sets, one of which was the Mickey & Friends set (http://www.joann.com/images/13/14/0/131403_z.jpg), which has Mickey heads! Now I can make the Mickey head fan programs I want to do and the Mickey head invitations I have in mind....and they'll all be uniform and perfectly cut! :woohoo: DF was so cute... because I did sort of scold him for going to so far over the limit we'd set ... "I was so excited when you said you wanted to make our invitations and things...I think that's so cute...I wanted to help!" He's the best! :lovestruc

twenty3curls
04-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Here is the inspiration picture I'm going to use for the invitations.
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/emhatz/Wedding%20Ideas/MickeyOutlineInvitations.jpg
I'm going to do them in our colors, of course...but I'm hoping with my new toy I can do a variation of these with the cutout of the Mickey head set on the square cardstock.

Nowhere near this point...I'm just excited about the possibilities with the Cricut. Yea, I'm a bit of a dork. :rotfl:

Lynn5700
04-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Hey Emily! Just notice your PJ link in your siggy!!! Glad I did. Your story is adorable and everything you have planned so far is great!

The inspiration invitations are adorable.

Lynn5700
04-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Oh and BTW you and your DF are adorable!!

twenty3curls
04-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey Emily! Just notice your PJ link in your siggy!!! Glad I did. Your story is adorable and everything you have planned so far is great!

The inspiration invitations are adorable.

Oh and BTW you and your DF are adorable!!

Thanks, Lynn!! Glad you found my PJ...I'm so excited to start it and start putting my ideas in writing! It's nice to have an outlet when Jeff is exhausted by the thought of planning!

Also...it's nice to see I'm not the only one still up!

princess22
04-12-2009, 10:39 AM
Lovely story, you two are adorable! I like those invitations, very cute. Can't wait to read more

twenty3curls
04-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Lovely story, you two are adorable! I like those invitations, very cute. Can't wait to read more

Thank you!! I hope I'm able to recreate the invitations...I really have my heart set on them. Luckily, we only 18 people to invite and, really, that's only about 11 households! And I have probably about 8 months to get it right! :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading :)

twenty3curls
04-19-2009, 12:35 PM

princess22
04-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I honestly think it's your wedding and you can do as you please. While it might look nicer in pictures if they have flowers, I agree, that's a bit pricey. Can you bring your own smaller/silk bouquets for them, or is that not allowed at Disney (I don't know the rules)? I hope your school work is coming along alright! Hang in there!

twenty3curls
04-19-2009, 02:33 PM

pinkcow
04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
What if you did flower wands? I believe they run somewhere between $25-50 through the Disney florist. We're actually going that route. The girls decided they wanted silk rather than real, so I had them made ahead of time from a seller on Etsy.

Good luck with school!!

LLLBelle
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I know it's been awhile since I last posted...sorry! I'm approaching the final weeks of winter semester and I have so many projects due in the next two weeks, that my school to-do list has reached two pages! :mad:

So, I was taking a study break earlier and looking at different bouquets and whatnot. Do you think it would look weird if my two bridesmaids don't carry bouquets? I plan to have them walk down the aisle arm-in-arm with the groomsmen, so their hands will be occupied. Plus, my MOH will be holding mine during the ceremony... I just don't want to spend $250 (@ 150 apiece) for bouquets that will be used for 25 minutes. I still plan to get bouts for the groomsmen, but their so cheap it's not a big deal.

I know...do you think it will look cheap/silly/out of place?? :confused3

First Off, I love your meeting story, it was really cute. I'm at work so the pictures will not come up, but I'm sure they are lovely :goodvibes . I wanted to do red shoes as well, but my DFi won with the colors and our main color is blue.

Second with the flowers, an idea I was actually going to do with the mothers, you could do pretty clutch bags with a pined corsage (real or fake) attached to it, or a really cool disney pin to remember the day. I can not find the link for were I found them, but they are functional and will be a nice bridesmaid gift as well, a two birds with one stone sort of idea, especially on a budget. For your colors you could find sparkly white ones, probably on ebay, or a good coupon for a department store.

I look forward to more planning details!!

twenty3curls
04-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Wow...I've been super absent, haven't I? Well, school is done for the semester, so i'm back in the land of the living!

What if you did flower wands? I believe they run somewhere between $25-50 through the Disney florist. We're actually going that route. The girls decided they wanted silk rather than real, so I had them made ahead of time from a seller on Etsy.

Good luck with school!!

Thanks! I've thought of flower wands. I like them. I should look at some more examples to get a feel for what I could do. I've decided I do want them carrying something. Just not enough flowers to pay for a night at BWI!

First Off, I love your meeting story, it was really cute. I'm at work so the pictures will not come up, but I'm sure they are lovely :goodvibes . I wanted to do red shoes as well, but my DFi won with the colors and our main color is blue.

Second with the flowers, an idea I was actually going to do with the mothers, you could do pretty clutch bags with a pined corsage (real or fake) attached to it, or a really cool disney pin to remember the day. I can not find the link for were I found them, but they are functional and will be a nice bridesmaid gift as well, a two birds with one stone sort of idea, especially on a budget. For your colors you could find sparkly white ones, probably on ebay, or a good coupon for a department store.

I look forward to more planning details!!

Thanks, Belle! Good idea! I had never thought of that. I wonder if there's a thread that shows pictures of some? I'm sure there is. Plus, it sounds kind of crafty...something I can put together, which is what I'm trying to do with everything I can.

beatlesblonde
04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
Yeah another SBP bride! Love the red shoes, very sassy (plus you can wear them over and over). Can't wait to see how everything comes together. :thumbsup2

Ann117
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
I love your invitation ideas. I think I have decided to get a cricut as well you will have to let me know if its easy to use

padisneyfour
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
First, I love the shoes. enjoying hearing your plans! looking forward to hearing more! have fun!:goodvibes

LLLBelle
05-05-2009, 06:14 PM
http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/weddings/2006Q3//mwa102306_fal06_clutch_xl.jpg

Here is one pic I found of a flower pinned on a clutch, I can't see the better websites at work, but you get the idea.

Also you could try ribbon roses, I am making some, not sure if I will use them, but they came out nice. I will post pics once I get home.

twenty3curls
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah another SBP bride! Love the red shoes, very sassy (plus you can wear them over and over). Can't wait to see how everything comes together. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Rachel! I bought the shoes last year and not wearing them has been killing me....and my outfits! But, I want them to be shiny and new for my wedding day, so I'm holding out! Btw...I love that you got engaged at SBP and you're getting married there...so cute!!

I love your invitation ideas. I think I have decided to get a cricut as well you will have to let me know if its easy to use

Thanks, Ann! I think it's super easy to use. Just plop in your cartridge of choice, pick the shape or letter you want to cut, set the dials for size and you're pretty much good to go. Each cartridge comes with a guide book that shows you which shapes/letters you can make and which setting you have to choose for certain features (like bold, italic, shadow, etc.) The only downside I've found is the price of the cartridges. They're about 100 bucks a piece. You can sign up for e-mail coupons via Joann's and get 40% off pretty regularly. But still...at 60 bucks a pop, I'm not going to be running out every other week and buying a new cartridge! Luckily, Jeff bought me the Disney shapes, so I have the Mickey head! PM me if you get one and I can help you out with any questions!

First, I love the shoes. enjoying hearing your plans! looking forward to hearing more! have fun!:goodvibes

Thanks! I want to wear the shoes! Ten more months....then after the wedding I will find an excuse to wear them everyday. Hope my boss doesn't mind!

http://images.marthastewart.com/images/content/pub/weddings/2006Q3//mwa102306_fal06_clutch_xl.jpg

Here is one pic I found of a flower pinned on a clutch, I can't see the better websites at work, but you get the idea.

Also you could try ribbon roses, I am making some, not sure if I will use them, but they came out nice. I will post pics once I get home.

Thanks for the picture....that clutch is super cute. Plus, it's something they could use after the wedding, which makes me feel like I'd be getting my money's worth. And in reality, I could just order two more boutonnieres and pin those to the clutches. Then they'd match the GMs and I wouldn't have to worry about procuring two single flowers the day of my wedding. Hmmm....I'm onto a whole new plan now! Thanks, Laurie! Oh, and I just started PJ...Puerto Rico...how romantic and exotic!

Jitzy
05-12-2009, 11:00 PM
S...so he tells me I have to unwrap a present before I can do my Easter basket because the basket will give away the gift....so now my interest is piqued. I open the present...IT WAS A CRICUT EXPRESSIONS! (http://www.joann.com/images/13/14/0/131402_z.jpg)!!! I'm so excited!!! He handed me the Easter basket and in it was 3 different cartridge sets, one of which was the Mickey & Friends set (http://www.joann.com/images/13/14/0/131403_z.jpg), which has Mickey heads! Now I can make the Mickey head fan programs I want to do and the Mickey head invitations I have in mind....and they'll all be uniform and perfectly cut! :woohoo: DF was so cute... because I did sort of scold him for going to so far over the limit we'd set ... "I was so excited when you said you wanted to make our invitations and things...I think that's so cute...I wanted to help!" He's the best! :lovestruc

I think that's so sweet! It's nice when they want to help, isn't it?

twenty3curls
05-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I think that's so sweet! It's nice when they want to help, isn't it?

He is sweet! And you're right, it is nice when they want to help...so much better than trying to pull teeth to get opinions or answers! It's one of the reasons we're so excited to do an Escape..it's small enough that we can do some of these crafty things are ourselves with the numbers being overwhelming.

ghoulish delight
05-13-2009, 12:01 AM
Hi there! Just read through your PJ, and it all sounds great so far!! :thumbsup2 Your guys' story is very cute, and I love those red heels! I'm having a mad hatter cake too. :lovestruc They are too cute.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans!

tink774
05-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi there, Emily! I don't think I've posted on your PJ yet, but I'm really excited to read more about your upcoming wedding! Happy planning!! :yay:

twenty3curls
05-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi there! Just read through your PJ, and it all sounds great so far!! :thumbsup2 Your guys' story is very cute, and I love those red heels! I'm having a mad hatter cake too. :lovestruc They are too cute.

Looking forward to seeing more of your plans!

Mad Hatter cakes are the best! Plus, my dad's nickname is the Mad Hatter, so I think it will be a fun surprise for him. :) And, I just hope I don't kill myself in those heels, a long dress and the boardwalk!! It would be so sad to only be married for one day.. :rotfl:

Hi there, Emily! I don't think I've posted on your PJ yet, but I'm really excited to read more about your upcoming wedding! Happy planning!! :yay:

Hey there! I just noticed you updated your TR...work's been crazy so I haven't made it over, yet...but I will!! Thanks for reading. :)

I'm so excited to confirm my date in July. Once it's confirmed I feel I can really start doing stuff...like save-the-dates, invites, programs, etc.

twenty3curls
05-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Hey everyone! Not much new on the wedding front. I CAN'T WAIT to confirm my date in July! I think it will really feel real at that point. Plus, I can start making save-the-dates, invites, programs....all the stuff that may have the date included on it. :)

I am a little bummed, though... I just realized my wedding date falls during Lent. And it's a Friday. :mad: Now, I'm not Catholic, nor do I adhere to any rules regarding Lent. BUT....over half my guest list is Catholic. My DF, his parents, sister and neice; my MOH; my BM... I've been drooling over the main course options at the California Grill, all excited to pick a couple...but I wanted a filet and chicken options... I guess I'm going to have to do filet and a fishy option. I don't know why...I just have a hard time paying $100/plate for fish. lol. Maybe that's because I don't think it's worth the newspaper it's wrapped in! (Unless it's Tuna or Swordfish steaks...mmmm!)

Funny part is my dad's dad, who is attending, is a Greek Orthodox priest (yes, he'll be doing the wedding ceremony, hopefully). The Greeks are even stricter than the Catholics...no meat at all during Lent...so that would rule out my Papou, Yiayia and aunt, too. Luckily, my Papou decided a few years ago he was too old to be giving up meat as often and as arbitrarily as the Greek Orthodox church wanted him to. :lmao: So at least I'll be getting my money's worth with them....filets all around!!

Other update, I guess... Heard from my wedding coordinator!! She seems super nice and very helpful. Also, very quick to respond to my first e-mail...so that's a good sign. I confirmed with her that for $500, I could invite 5 extra guests. I'm INCREDIBLY pumped about this. We can now include our MOH and GM's significant others. Prior to this news, we were thinking we'd invite them to dinner, but not the ceremony. I know that seems really rude...but in all fairness, I haven't even met my MOH's new boyfriend and our GM's wife is horrible! (I've only met her once and she was incredibly rude to me...and she's not all that nice to my DF, despite the fact that her husband is one of my DF's two best friends....If we were having a large wedding I wouldn't care...but to waste one of 18 spots on her, when that would mean eliminating my best friend from college REALLY pissed me off.) BUT...now with the new limit, we can invite them without eliminating people we actually like. ;) :banana:

So that's all for now... On Monday, I made ADRs for my August trip...booked California Grill! I'm excited to try potential wedding dinner items!

CinderelliT
05-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Congratulations! I love all of your ideas so far. The red heels are awesome. You should get a red crinoline to match!!

I've been to a couple of weddings where the bridesmaids carried things other than flowers, and it was really nice to have a different touch! One wedding, they all had matching purses - kind of like the pic someone else posted. In another, they carried large butterflies. It sounds kind of wierd, but it was really beautiful! I've seen a pic of a castle wedding at DL where they carried giant pink butterflies too!

Can't wait to read more!

CinderelliT
05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Did you see this cake in the cake thread? This is what yours reminded me of. I love the hidden mickeys on this one. This belongs to DISer PuffPatty:
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq324/downs_realtor/mycake.jpg

twenty3curls
05-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Congratulations! I love all of your ideas so far. The red heels are awesome. You should get a red crinoline to match!!

I've been to a couple of weddings where the bridesmaids carried things other than flowers, and it was really nice to have a different touch! One wedding, they all had matching purses - kind of like the pic someone else posted. In another, they carried large butterflies. It sounds kind of wierd, but it was really beautiful! I've seen a pic of a castle wedding at DL where they carried giant pink butterflies too!

Can't wait to read more!

Did you see this cake in the cake thread? This is what yours reminded me of. I love the hidden mickeys on this one. This belongs to DISer PuffPatty:
http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq324/downs_realtor/mycake.jpg

Thanks, Cinderelli!! If the Dis is any indication, my shoes are going to be the biggest hit of the wedding! I hope Mickey isn't jealous. :) I really like the idea of doing something a little different for the BMs. Plus, we're not home at home...it's not like they could really save bouquets, even if they wanted to. Just seems like so much money to spend on bouquets that will be used for 25 minutes...I'd rather give them something purposeful and cute!

It's funny you mentioned that cake....it's our inspiration picture! When I asked DF what some of the things he really wanted to do, the Mad Hatter cake was top of the list, so we searched for red, white and black ones. THat came up first and DF LOOOOVED it. We'll probably go with 2 tier, though. I mean...how much cake and 25 people eat....and I'm a cake-for-breakfast kinda girl! ;)

Thanks for reading...I look forward to sharing more!

MainStMandy
05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
OH Emily everything sounds great!!! Here's to counting down to July!!:cool1:

twenty3curls
05-22-2009, 09:54 AM
OH Emily everything sounds great!!! Here's to counting down to July!!:cool1:

Seriously!!! July can't get here soon enough! Can we do some celebratory online drinking when we confirm our dates?!? :rotfl2:

MainStMandy
05-22-2009, 10:19 AM
Seriously!!! July can't get here soon enough! Can we do some celebratory online drinking when we confirm our dates?!? :rotfl2:

Lol I'm in!!! Maybe we should have countdowns to our booking date!!!

Lynn5700
06-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey Em!! Just checking in! August will be here soon!!!!

twenty3curls
06-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Hey Em!! Just checking in! August will be here soon!!!!

Thanks for checking in, Lynn! I can't wait for August...reading your TR has me jonesin' real bad!

Really...I just want July to get here, so I can confirm my wedding date and start working on dorky wedding crafts! :hyper:

dallastxcpa
06-25-2009, 06:39 PM
I just linked over from your August pre-trippie. Your wedding plans sound so wonderful. My colors were the same as yours. we got married at the wedding pavillion because we got married in July when the weather was HOT!

I had silk flowers for my maid of honor. I will try and post a picture when I get home tonight.

PrincessinLuv
06-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Just trekking along here, getting a feel for the a bit more. I love your color choices! There is so much you can do with them, have you thought of your favors yet? Also another idea for the BM's to carry is a Parasol.

Cant wait to read more!popcorn::

BecBennett
06-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Ooh, July's getting closer! :cool1:

Lynn5700
06-26-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey!!! July is almost here!!! YAY!!!

figment fan21
06-26-2009, 06:37 AM
YAY another SBP escape bride!!! :woohoo:

The story of how you guys met is too cute! And you guys are adorable together!

Love the cake and those hott red heel! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

tiggerrifficheidi
06-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Emily- I love your "love story!" And I can totally relate to your DF with all his interests! Work gets in the way of so many interesting things for me! That's awesome that he's so talented!

The picture of you in Morocco is amazing! The angle is really good!

I think the idea of a clutch is great, and you're right...you could just order extra boutonnieres. Here's one of ours with two orchids...it's pretty large:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/Flowers/0049.jpg

You could also do a wrist corsage. Ours had ribbons attached to it, so it looks a little fuller.

I also believe you can get personal floral from an off-site vendor, if you choose, but maybe someone can confirm that!

Last thing (I promise, and then I'll leave you alone :)). I was thinking beef and chicken for my reception, but when I tried the chicken at the tasting session it was either dry (the breast without the skin) or it tasted great but had skin and bones :scared1:(airline chicken breast). We tasted the mahi mahi with limoncello buerre blanc at our TS and it was amazing. And I don't eat fish! Seriously!

I know you're limited by your options at the CG, but if they have something similar, I'd recommend it. The buerre blanc was very rich (basically a butter sauce with limoncello), so it definitely "gussied up" the fish, which was good to begin with.

Here it is served with veggies and mashed sweet potatoes.
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/The%20Party/0811.jpg

twenty3curls
06-26-2009, 11:05 AM
I just linked over from your August pre-trippie. Your wedding plans sound so wonderful. My colors were the same as yours. we got married at the wedding pavillion because we got married in July when the weather was HOT!

I had silk flowers for my maid of honor. I will try and post a picture when I get home tonight.

Hi there! :wave2: I admire your guts... I couldn't get married in Michigan in July, let alone Florida! I'd have to hire my make-up girl all day, so she could follow me around and re-do my make-up every time I wiped the buckets of sweat off my face! :eek:

I do love my colors... just trying to figure how to make them look springy and beachy! I might add some pink or maybe turquoise. I really turquoise and red, but I don't think Jeff's so fond. :confused3

Just trekking along here, getting a feel for the a bit more. I love your color choices! There is so much you can do with them, have you thought of your favors yet? Also another idea for the BM's to carry is a Parasol.

Cant wait to read more!popcorn::

Welcome!

Ooh, July's getting closer! :cool1:

Hi Bec! CAN'T WAIT!! Just over two weeks until I can confirm the date!

Hey!!! July is almost here!!! YAY!!!

I know!! Happy dance, Lynn I started laying out my save-the-date templates last weekend, so I can start printing them as soon as the date's set.

YAY another SBP escape bride!!! :woohoo:

The story of how you guys met is too cute! And you guys are adorable together!

Love the cake and those hott red heel! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks!! Welcome aboard. I have to say, and maybe I'm biased ;), but I do really like our "story."

Emily- I love your "love story!" And I can totally relate to your DF with all his interests! Work gets in the way of so many interesting things for me! That's awesome that he's so talented!

The picture of you in Morocco is amazing! The angle is really good!

I think the idea of a clutch is great, and you're right...you could just order extra boutonnieres. Here's one of ours with two orchids...it's pretty large:

You could also do a wrist corsage. Ours had ribbons attached to it, so it looks a little fuller.

I also believe you can get personal floral from an off-site vendor, if you choose, but maybe someone can confirm that!

Last thing (I promise, and then I'll leave you alone :)). I was thinking beef and chicken for my reception, but when I tried the chicken at the tasting session it was either dry (the breast without the skin) or it tasted great but had skin and bones :scared1:(airline chicken breast). We tasted the mahi mahi with limoncello buerre blanc at our TS and it was amazing. And I don't eat fish! Seriously!

I know you're limited by your options at the CG, but if they have something similar, I'd recommend it. The buerre blanc was very rich (basically a butter sauce with limoncello), so it definitely "gussied up" the fish, which was good to begin with.

Thank you so much for all the info, Heidi! Don't leave me alone...I love hearing from past Disney brides! I LOVE your boutonnieres! I think seeing that picture just made my decision for me...bout pinned to clutch! And we're thinking, since we'll have red flowers, that we'll put white on the GM and BMs...so your example was perfect.

And, thank you so much for the advice about CG. That's my one major concern. It's not that I don't think CG will be great...but going in blind makes me nervous. We have a TS during our trip in August, but you can only order so much in one meal. Jeff is a huge fish eater, so he would definitely be on board. I'm not really, but Mahi Mahi is one of the fishes I really like. And, can we talk about my LOVE for limoncello. Plus, I think it's imperative that we have a fish option since the wedding's on a Friday during lent...and over half my guests are Catholic.

Petals & Pixie Dust
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm in! July is here!!! Any word on the date yet!??!?!? :goodvibes

twenty3curls
07-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm in! July is here!!! Any word on the date yet!??!?!? :goodvibes

Actually, yes! I can't confirm until next week, but I've been e-mailing back and forth with my coordinator and she says, as of today, no one else wants SBP at 2:30 on my day. There is one couple who wants 5:00 and we're the only two couples for SBP that day. So, hopefully no lottery!

Did get some somewhat disappointing news, though. The Sonoma Room at Cali Grille is booked until 5:30 on our day, which means it won't be ready for us until 7. With a 2:30 ceremony we kind of feel that's a long gap...but we'll see. I can't even try to book CG for another 2 months...so it may not even be an option by then. We're going to start looking into other alternatives.

But, I'm too excited that my confirmation date is next week to get worked up about dinner plans.

Oh...and I started work on my invitation layout last night. Jeff and I discussed the color combos/order and fonts. I think we have it all nailed down. I'm going to take a picture when I get home from work, to post here! ;) I wanted to get the invitation logistics nailed down, so I can start working on the STDs. I want there to be uniformity between the two, so I couldn't start one without working on the other.

Thanks for checking in!!

twenty3curls
07-13-2009, 12:35 PM
WE GOT OUR DATE!

Can't wait! Bought a bunch of stuff to start working on the save-the-dates... better get on that, now that our date is "for sure!" I'll try to post the progress later tonight or tomorrow. Also finished a mock-up of the invites. :)

MainStMandy
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
WE GOT OUR DATE!!!!

I'm pleased to announce our wedding will take place at 2:30 p.m on March 12, 2010 at Sea Breeze Point!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Can't wait! Bought a bunch of stuff to start working on the save-the-dates... better get on that, now that our date is "for sure!" I'll try to post the progress later tonight or tomorrow. Also finished a mock-up of the invites. :)

Eeeek!

YAY!!! Oh I am so excited for you!! And we will be on our honeymoon while you are getting married! Yay for March brides!!:cool1:

LLLBelle
07-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Congrats!! That's awesome! It deserves the dancing banana :banana: :banana: :banana:

Petals & Pixie Dust
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
AWESOME! :banana:

twenty3curls
07-13-2009, 11:44 PM

Petals & Pixie Dust
07-14-2009, 12:34 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THE MICKEY HEAD PATTERN!!! I LOVE IT...Could you PM me the link?

I also love the dress!

Lynn5700
07-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Emily!!!!! YAY for getting your date confirmed!! That is the day before my birthday, great date HAHA!!!

That dress is so simple, and elegant.

The invites are adorable! You did a great job.

MainStMandy
07-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Ok that dress is just wonderful! I love it!! And fantastic job on the invitations!!!

LLLBelle
07-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Great job on the invites! :thumbsup2 And that dress is beautiful!

twenty3curls
07-14-2009, 10:15 AM
WHERE DID YOU GET THE MICKEY HEAD PATTERN!!! I LOVE IT...Could you PM me the link?

I also love the dress!

Thanks! For the Mickey Head, I actually didn't get a pattern online. I have the Cricut Expression die-cut machine. http://www.cricut.com/shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?id=123&s=5&sc=1 There is a Mickey and Friends cartridge, which contains the Mickey head outline. I can pick the size from about 1/2" up to about 12". I cut a Mickey head on white cardstock slightly bigger than the 5"x5" red square I had already cut. I then trimmed off the the parts of the Mickey head that extended out past the red square. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Cricut machine. It's pretty expensive, but if you make cards or scrapbooks, it's such a time saver...plus everything is uniform each time despite quantity....which was a big concern of mine for these invites. I didn't want 4 to look great, 6 to look average and 3 be downright sloppy. :p Plus, I want to do Mickey head fan programs...had to make sure they all lined up. If you would like I can cut some different size Mickey heads in a thick card stock that you can use as a pattern. PM me, if you want. :goodvibes

Emily!!!!! YAY for getting your date confirmed!! That is the day before my birthday, great date HAHA!!!

That dress is so simple, and elegant.

The invites are adorable! You did a great job.

Yay birthdays! I think you should come to Disney to celebrate. :thumbsup2 I agree about the dress...I think that's what drew me in. I want to look pretty, but not overdone and vastly different compared to my everyday style. I really like the invites, thanks...I had a very specific vision in my mind and was so worried I wouldn't be able to do them. But, it seems to have worked out! :cool1:

Ok that dress is just wonderful! I love it!! And fantastic job on the invitations!!!

Thanks, Mandy! I really like it too...it's the first one I've seen that I've been really excited about.

And thanks...the whole invitation process was making me nervous. Glad to know it's going to work out. Now on to Save-the-Dates! :lmao:

Great job on the invites! :thumbsup2 And that dress is beautiful!

Thanks!! It feels good making some headway! Said in my best Pinocchio voice, "I'm a real bride!"

(okay...that might only be funny if you know my brother who walks around the house saying, "I'm a real boy!" in a Pinocchio voice. :rotfl:)

ZipADeeEm
07-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I love your PJ!! I'm getting married two days before you! We are so excited. :banana:

Your shoes with that dress--you'll look really great!

I also loved your invites. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use them for some inspiration! You are way ahead of me with planning all the details!

I can't wait to follow along on your journey! Go March brides!!

BTW, My name's Emily, too!

MainStMandy
07-28-2009, 06:07 PM
I love your PJ!! I'm getting married two days before you! We are so excited. :banana:

I also loved your invites. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to use them for some inspiration! You are way ahead of me with planning all the details!

YAY another March bride!! We will all be there within a week of each other!!

twenty3curls
07-28-2009, 11:35 PM

Hi, Emily! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

YAY another March bride!! We will all be there within a week of each other!!

Perhaps, a little March Disbride meet... maybe a shared frozen beverage in Epcot?

MainStMandy
07-29-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi, Emily! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Does it feel like some days we have all the time in the world and other days the wedding is just around the corner?! Are you having an Escape or Wishes? Where are you doing yours?

Absolutely use the invites for inspiration...Heck, steal them and call them your own! I definitely borrowed the original concept from someone else. :) I'm just happy we have a place to share our ideas without worrying they're going to end up in a close friend's wedding, which has happened a lot to my group of friends recently. :sad2:

I've been a little lax in updating lately...really have to get on it. Work has been a zoo lately. Plus, my computer at work bites...really impedes how much Dis'ing I can do. :p

Perhaps, a little March Disbride meet... maybe a shared frozen beverage in Epcot? :rotfl:

Definitely!! I'm in!! We will be there until the 12th...or maybe the 13th :woohoo:

Stephie77
07-29-2009, 10:03 AM
Hi! Just came across your PJ and I love your story on how you and DF met! I love the dress you are thinking about getting and with a red sash and the shoes it should look great. Congrats on getting your date-yea for a fellow 2010 bride. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans!

LLLBelle
07-29-2009, 11:48 AM
Yeh for getting you date, that's awesome :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

mousesweetie
07-29-2009, 12:01 PM
I just stumbled across your thread and I love it. Great story and great plans..oh and I love the pic of you two..so cute! :D I'm subscribing if you don't mind!!:thumbsup2

twenty3curls
07-29-2009, 12:20 PM
I've been reading a lot of threads on Jellyrolls and I think it would be a fun night-before-the-wedding activity for some of the younger guests. We could do a combined evening with all of the friends/siblings attending; even our parents would find it fun, I think. At $10/person it's not that big of a financial drain, plus once we're in everyone would buy their own drinks, etc. A dueling piano bar is definitely more the type of bar we would go to (as opposed to some bass-thumping, booty-grinding scene.)

I would still like to do a DP, but this might be a cheaper alternative for the first night. Plus, the younger (employed) set won't be arriving until Thursday evening.

Lots of things to decide...But, right now I think Jellyrolls would be a fun way to kick off the festivities.

twenty3curls
07-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi! Just came across your PJ and I love your story on how you and DF met! I love the dress you are thinking about getting and with a red sash and the shoes it should look great. Congrats on getting your date-yea for a fellow 2010 bride. Looking forward to hearing the rest of your plans!

Hi, Stephie! :wave2: Thanks for joining in! I'm really excited about the shoes. :) I think they'll look great in black-and-white photos where just the shoes are in color, or just shoes and flowers.

Yeh for getting you date, that's awesome :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We're pretty pumped! I just received the Letter of Agreement from my consultant, so I'm reading through 13 pages of legal mumbo jumbo trying to make sure Disney doesn't own the rights to my first born child. :rotfl:

I just stumbled across your thread and I love it. Great story and great plans..oh and I love the pic of you two..so cute! :D I'm subscribing if you don't mind!!:thumbsup2

Hi :wave2: Always glad to have more readers; thanks for joining in!

pezaddict231
07-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Congrats! Love the red shoes and all your plans. I've been thinking of getting a cricut and you make a good argument for it! Your invites came out awesome!

Jellyrolls is lots of fun and very casual. I think you will have fun there.

MainStMandy
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh I love Jellyrolls! I like your thought process...I love the idea of dinner at Cali Grille.

Lynn5700
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey Em! I think your bachelor/ette parties sound like a lot of fun!!! What a great idea. I think the whole stripper thing, and going out to clubs to bump and grind with strangers is so lame. I love your idea!! You guys will have a blast at Jelly Rolls.

ZipADeeEm
07-29-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi, Emily! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Does it feel like some days we have all the time in the world and other days the wedding is just around the corner?! Are you having an Escape or Wishes? Where are you doing yours?

Absolutely use the invites for inspiration...Heck, steal them and call them your own! I definitely borrowed the original concept from someone else. :) I'm just happy we have a place to share our ideas without worrying they're going to end up in a close friend's wedding, which has happened a lot to my group of friends recently. :sad2:

I've been a little lax in updating lately...really have to get on it. Work has been a zoo lately. Plus, my computer at work bites...really impedes how much Dis'ing I can do. :p

Perhaps, a little March Disbride meet... maybe a shared frozen beverage in Epcot? :rotfl:

Yeah Emily and Amanda! I'm so excited that we are all going through this together! I'm sure you ladies are lightyears ahead of me when it comes to planning. I don't even have dreams of a PJ yet :) But I am going to subscribe to both of yours (since I just learned about subscribing!!).

We're doing an Escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion, and hopefully a brunch to follow. But we can't book that until September. Another countdown to be anxious about!

I love the idea of us all meeting! We're coming down the 5th and leaving the 10th. I'm sure, just like you, I can't wait!

Keep sharing your ideas, ladies! I need all the help and inspiration I can get :woohoo:

twenty3curls
08-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Congrats! Love the red shoes and all your plans. I've been thinking of getting a cricut and you make a good argument for it! Your invites came out awesome!

Jellyrolls is lots of fun and very casual. I think you will have fun there.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my cricut. I have always liked to make cards and scrapbook, but was often discouraged because when I cut things freehand they looked like crapola. And I got tired of stamping all of the wording. The Cricut has been a lifesaver in that regard. Even Jeff has gotten into it...He spent about 4 hours this spring doing his niece's science project on a large tri-fold poster board using the Cricut. Quite amusing to watch!

Oh I love Jellyrolls! I like your thought process...I love the idea of dinner at Cali Grille.

So glad everyone likes the idea of Jellyrolls. I've never been, so I didn't want to plan it and have it turn out a bust. But, with everyone's glowing reviews, I feel pretty confident my friends will enjoy! :woohoo:

Hey Em! I think your bachelor/ette parties sound like a lot of fun!!! What a great idea. I think the whole stripper thing, and going out to clubs to bump and grind with strangers is so lame. I love your idea!! You guys will have a blast at Jelly Rolls.

I so agree, Lynn! I'd rather spend the money elsewhere...like on the wedding !

Yeah Emily and Amanda! I'm so excited that we are all going through this together! I'm sure you ladies are lightyears ahead of me when it comes to planning. I don't even have dreams of a PJ yet :) But I am going to subscribe to both of yours (since I just learned about subscribing!!).

We're doing an Escape wedding at the Wedding Pavilion, and hopefully a brunch to follow. But we can't book that until September. Another countdown to be anxious about!

I love the idea of us all meeting! We're coming down the 5th and leaving the 10th. I'm sure, just like you, I can't wait!

Keep sharing your ideas, ladies! I need all the help and inspiration I can get :woohoo:

The countdowns are killer, aren't they!? I feel like every time I reach a confirmation date, there's another one on the horizon for another portion of the event!

Don't hesitate to ask questions or bounce around ideas. I may seem further ahead in the planning...but it's all ideas. I can't even begin to make decisions, yet....too many choices! I'm going to need 5 or 6 weddings to fulfill all of my big ideas and plans!

twenty3curls
08-04-2009, 10:47 AM
So, I've been thinking a lot about my hair this week.

I want to actually use my own curls, perhaps reinforced and enhanced with a curling iron, but my mostly own nonetheless. I don't want a head full of curling iron curls and I don't want my hair in my face. I'm obsessive about keeping my hair out of my face.

One of the girls on the wedding board linked to great wedding hair web site and I was looking around last night and found a lot of great ideas.

Here's what I'm thinking style wise:
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/emhatz/Wedding%20Ideas/curlyhairwithpins.jpg

I love the idea of it pulled back and adorned with some delicate pins. Plus, I love that it's sort of lose and curly on top. I didn't want it pulled back tight. My hair starts to look like Jennifer Lopez circa 1995 when I do that.

LLLBelle
08-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I love the hair, it's gorgeous. I'm not sure about the veil though, they may be able to stick it on the top somewhere. The little pins are pretty too.

MainStMandy
08-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Ok I love those pics!! I think you are thinking what I am...do what our hair naturally likes to do in the humdity...CURL!!!

I think the pics look great and I love the little bit of sparkle!!

mousesweetie
08-11-2009, 12:32 AM
I love the first hairstyle you posted!

ghoulish delight
08-11-2009, 01:03 AM
The hairstyle is beautiful! :thumbsup2 I love the pins too. Hmm, as for the veil, I think you'd just have to ask whoever your hairstylist would be. See what could be done. :confused3

Lynn5700
08-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Emily what type of veil are you wearing?

ZipADeeEm
09-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Emily! You're coming up to the 6 month mark! How are your plans coming?!?

:goodvibes

LilAnn
09-27-2009, 10:55 AM
Hi there! I popped over from your TR to read about some of your wedding planning details. I always love reading about stuff like that. March will be here soon! Can't wait to see how everything works out. Did you get the dress yet? Is it from Aria? I went with them for my BM dresses a few years ago and also wore one as the MOH in my sister's wedding. Loved the dresses and any alterations that I needed to make were pretty inexpensive since the dresses are so simple. They also have a "sale" section where you can find dresses marked down. Usually they are dresses that were ordered and made, but I guess plans changed? I got a MOH dress there and just had to alter it a bit to fit. Sorry if that's not where you are getting the dress and I just went on a side tangent......good luck with the planning and I look forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!

twenty3curls
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
I can't believe we're now inside of 6-months...it seems like just yesterday I was waiting to reach my confirmation date at 8 months...now we are 5 and half months away. Crap...I still have so much to do!!

I haven't been on the board much lately because I've been working insane hours (trying to make money for the wedding) and school's started up again. Free time is like a friend I lost touch with after high school....

I thought I'd post a little update because we have made some plans since I last posted.

First piece of good news.... Disney finally announced their spring promotion and luckily for us, they brought back the 7 for 4 deal. This morning, I booked us for a week at the Contemporary Resort! Originally we were going to stay at the Boardwalk because of its close proximity to Sea Breeze Point. But, as we crunched numbers last night we just couldn't justify spending that much on a room per night. We love the location of the CR...we will definitely walk to MK every time. Plus, it will be convenient the night of the wedding after our dinner at California Grill.

The only downside is that Disney requires you to purchase a minimum 4-day MYW base ticket now (as opposed to a 1-day in past promotions). We're hoping one of our guests will want to buy the tickets off us, since we won't be using them.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for AP discounts that might be better, but figure they won't be released for awhile. I feel good now because at the very least we have the 7 for 4 promotion, which saved us well over $1000.

We also tentatively have the Sonoma Room at the California Grill booked for 6:30 the night of our wedding. We still have to put down our deposit, but we have it penciled in, so our planner will know if anyone else shows interest in it.

I'm almost done with the save-the-dates and the first newsletter. I'll post those when I get them finalized later this week.

MiaBella05
09-29-2009, 04:49 PM
popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Ann117
09-30-2009, 09:28 AM
I love the invitations and the hair ideas!!

sillykaren
09-30-2009, 10:13 AM
So, I've been thinking a lot about my hair this week. (It might be all the discussion on Mandy's PJ about hairstyles and cut vs. don't cut!)

But, as the owner of thick, dry curly hair...I can't help but obsess a little bit (or a lot) about what will work - and what will stick - on your wedding day. I mean...these pictures are going to last a lifetime. I can't have my hair out of control 10 minutes after I step outside! :sad1:

Jeff has expressed interest in me wearing my hair down. My big, curly hair was the first thing he noticed on me. :lovestruc Plus, it's who I am...Have to represent! So, I want to actually use my own curls, perhaps reinforced and enhanced with a curling iron, but my mostly own nonetheless. I don't want a head full of curling iron curls. And I don't want my hair in my face. I'm obsessive about keeping my hair out of my face.

One of the girls on the wedding board linked to great wedding hair web site and I was looking around last night and found a lot of great ideas.

Here's what I'm thinking style wise:
http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww306/emhatz/Wedding%20Ideas/curlyhairwithpins.jpg

I love the idea of it pulled back and adorned with some delicate pins. Plus, I love that it's sort of lose and curly on top. I didn't want it pulled back tight. My hair starts to look like Jennifer Lopez circa 1995 when I do that. :p

I have this same problem! Thick curly/wavy hair that goes POOF in the humidity! I don't like wearing it all the way up, so down is what I'm going for! I'm stealing your picture as inspiration!! :thumbsup2

Oh, do you know the website where you found it? I need some more inspiration! :cool1:

twenty3curls
09-30-2009, 11:37 AM

ZipADeeEm
09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Yeah for the update, Emily!!! Can't wait to see dress pics!! :goodvibes

LilAnn
10-02-2009, 10:00 AM
definitely let me know if you go the Aria route and have any questions. I have pictures I could pass along too. They were great. I llike that you can just customize the dresses how you want and I bet you would look stunning in one of their dresses. I love the hair pins you got too!

twenty3curls
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM

MainStMandy
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Oh Emily I like them! They turned out nice.

pezaddict231
10-09-2009, 11:04 PM
they turned out great! Love the embossing! I have been playing around with my embossing tool and I have thought of so many uses for it. It definitely is time consuming though.

norybell
10-09-2009, 11:47 PM
They look great!

twenty3curls
10-27-2009, 01:30 PM

MainStMandy
10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
I am so bummed we are just going to miss each other :( I love your ADR's though...we do share a lot in common!!

twenty3curls
10-29-2009, 12:29 AM
I am so bummed we are just going to miss each other :( I love your ADR's though...we do share a lot in common!!

I know, right?! You just had to go switch to Wishes! :rotfl:

We do have very similar tastes, don't we?! And the funny part is, the couple of things that differ I was going to book, but just ran out of time (or money, in Citricos case). We really wanted to try to Raglan Road on the 17th...I mean St. Patrick's Day at RR....how perfect would that be?! But, alas they don't take ressies on the 17th. :sad1: And Citricos got replaced with Whispering Canyon because I was having a hard time justifying another signature after Jiko and Yachtsman. But we might stay through the end of the week... so we may try to just walk up to Citricos, or Narcooosees.

MrEvilGuy
10-29-2009, 04:52 AM
interesting story

MrEvilGuy
10-29-2009, 04:53 AM
I like the ending especially!

twenty3curls
10-31-2009, 04:32 PM

sillykaren
10-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I finally bit the bullet and bought my dress!!! I went with my MOH last weekend and found two that I really liked, although I was definitely leaning toward one. My mom was at the Michigan football game, so I couldn't make a final decisions since she's paying for the dress. I made a follow-up appt. for last night and we went after work. While I was at the counter checking in, I heard my mom say, "oooh I really like this one." I turned around and it was the one (of two) that I was really leaning toward. In anticipation of my appt., they had pulled the two dresses I wanted to try on for my mom and they were hanging up front. I was happy to know right off the bat that my mom liked the one I wanted. So I tried them both on, but we were both in agreement that the first one was best.

Pictures weren't allowed, so I don't have any of me in the dress. And the images are protected on the Casablanca web site, so I can't post them here. But, here's the link:
http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/7/137
I'm getting it in white, though.

My big requirement was detail in the fabric but NO (none, zero, zilch) beading, sparkle, bling, brooches, etc. I don't mind them on others but they couldn't be farther from my style. So, I love the detailing the fabric on the bodice. Very simple and elegant, but not plain (at least in my book). And as I mentioned, I ordered white (the pic on the site is ivory). Remember, I'm wearing very red shoes....they look much better with white than ivory. Plus, our colors are red, white and black so it would look weird and off if I showed up in a ivory dress. :rotfl:

I'm excited to have that hurdle crossed off the to-do list. Plus, I love the store where I got it. My good friend bought her dress there earlier this year and they couldn't be sweeter. They had a Casablanca trunk show last weekend. There was a 15% discount and a $60 shoe credit, if you purchased last weekend. Well I obviously didn't purchase until last night, but they still extended the discount to me. AND...since I already have my shoes, they're letting me use the $60 credit toward a veil or jewelry. I was going to make my veil, but with that credit I may just buy one.

That dress is gorgeous! I am totally with you on the beading, sparkle, etc. I'm a simple girl myself!! :goodvibes

Petals & Pixie Dust
10-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Love the dress...very pretty!

ZipADeeEm
11-01-2009, 09:26 AM
Beautiful dress! I think it is very elegant--not plain at all! It'll look great with the shoes!!

HeatherNJNC
11-01-2009, 09:40 AM
just reading your pj and i love your save the dates! so creative! your dress is gorgeous, my dress was a casablanca and I lovedddd it! :) you will look beautiful!

MainStMandy
11-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Ohhh It's very pretty! I love the detail on the bodice...I'm usually a bling kinda girl but this dress is gorgeous!!

Lynn5700
11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Hi Emily. Sorry I haven't been over here in a while.. I'm all caught up now.

The save the dates are very cute. Your adrs look fab and the dress is stunning. I can't believe how close you are getting girly!

twenty3curls
12-21-2009, 03:08 PM

MainStMandy
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
So, minor update! There haven't been many lately because I've too busy with the holidays, work and school, but I need to kick it into gear because we're less than 3 months away!! :banana:

So my MoH bought her dress on Friday night. She's my only BM so I gave her a few choices and let her pick. I didn't want her spending an arm and a leg because she's already spending a lot to be with me at Disney. :goodvibes

In the end we were debating between two dresses at David's Bridal...both in black. I went in with one in mind....

But we saw this one (http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974&currentIdx=1&subCategory=-49998976|-49998975|-49998974&catentryId=6142385&sort=)....

Jennie immediately liked this one because of the pockets. She was all over the pockets and the idea of bringing her camera, lipstick, phone, etc. with her to the ceremony. lol

Then we realize my first choice (http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49998974&currentIdx=13&subCategory=-49998976|-49998975|-49998974&catentryId=6097115&sort=) had pockets, too!

That sealed the deal. We went with the second one. I was always leaning toward black, but really decided to go that route when we decided to do destination. If she was going to spend money on a dress, I really wanted it to be something she could wear to other weddings or party occasions. This definitely was something she could wear again. And, ironically enough, she got a call from another friend of hers on the way to David's Bridal regarding her upcoming wedding and the BM dresses. The friend told her she could wear whatever she wanted as long as it was black. Short, long...didn't matter. Just had to be tasteful and black. So now Jennie gets to wear this dress again in another wedding! Made me feel even better! :goodvibes

We have to have all of our ceremony decisions in by the 1st of January, so I will definitely have some more updates in the next couple of weeks. Jeff is in the process of sketching our Mad Hatter cake. I'll try to scan and upload it when he's done. :)
Oh Emily I love it!! I almost bought that dress in black for our rehearsal dinner! I ended up buying the same style but it's floral blue and green and a little more A-line...WITH POCKETS:cool1:

Are you getting so excited? We are so close!!

twenty3curls
12-21-2009, 05:35 PM

twenty3curls
12-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh Emily I love it!! I almost bought that dress in black for our rehearsal dinner! I ended up buying the same style but it's floral blue and green and a little more A-line...WITH POCKETS:cool1:

Are you getting so excited? We are so close!!

It's all about the pockets!! If I was having a rehearsal dinner, I'd so get the dress in red. :)

See above...terrified of my to-do list, but so ready to get down there and do this!! How about you??

MainStMandy
12-22-2009, 09:01 AM
It's all about the pockets!! If I was having a rehearsal dinner, I'd so get the dress in red. :)

See above...terrified of my to-do list, but so ready to get down there and do this!! How about you??

Ohhh red would be awesome!! I didn't get it because...well I need another black dress like I need a hole in my head!!!:rotfl:

To-do list...not much left!! We are waiting for our final RSVP's (the due date is 1/15). We have a few vendors to finish paying off. And I'm having a shoe dilema. We got our bands, have our ADR's. Oh I need to get bridal party and parent gifts!

Girl...you just made me realize how much I have left, lol!! I'm still really bummed we are missing each other by like 5 days!!!

Pirate's Princess
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Emily! I can't believe I've never posted in your PJ because I have definitely read it before. Oh well, I caught up now. First off congrats

Secondly I think your "story" is so funny. I was totally excited when I saw the Aria dress, I knew exactly what you were talking about but I love your new dress! It's so detailed, just like you wanted. And also, you said douchy which is awesome. I say it all the time.

PS I love dresses with pockets too!

TinkLoverSam
12-26-2009, 04:28 PM
Love, love love, the red shoes I was so going to wear red shoes until I got the dress that has about 4 inches of red at the bottom and there was no way I was ever going to find the right red for the shoes.

MainStMandy
01-17-2010, 12:03 PM
EMILY!?!? Where are you?? Can you believe how close we are getting? What day are you arriving again? We are there until the 8th.