PDA

View Full Version : I did it I rode Air at Alton Towers!!!

CarolynU
06-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Had a fantastic couple of days. On Wed we went to Manchester to see Miss Saigon, and then yesterday we all spent the day at Alton Towers. AIR is amazing. Mind you as I came off my head started pounding, and I felt very slightly sick, but it was worth it. I would have done it again, but the virtual queueing system ( fastpass) to you and me wasn't working and the wait time was 3hours. If you love thrill rides you will love this!:D :bounce: :D :bounce: Carolyn

KayleeUK
06-07-2002, 12:14 PM
Sounds like you had a fabulous time :D

Kaylee

WDWfan,uk
06-07-2002, 12:33 PM
.......respect Carolyn :) !!!

You are one brave lady :) ! Another ride for which I'll have to be bag and coat holder then ;)

MKDEBS
06-25-2002, 01:58 PM
I went on 'Air' last Tuesday. WOW!!!!!!!! It is amazing especially when your upside down, Your lying on your back looking at the sky.
It was weird sitting in that position at first but you get used to it very quickly. My only gripe was it was too short.
I hadn't been to AT for years so hadn't done 'Nemises' or 'Oblivion' before both were brilliant. Although my friend was as white as a sheet after 'Oblivion' and vowed never to go on it again. Me? well I just laughed all the way down.

Debs

TracyK
06-26-2002, 10:36 AM
I think Air is the best ride I've ever done. It's so smooth and I love the bit where you're looking up at the sky. I agree that it's too short. I love Oblivion too. Not too keen on Nemesis though.

acepepper
06-26-2002, 10:42 AM
Lucky you, i was there in april and they were having technical difficulties with it and the queues were just too long. Did oblivion 3 times though and that's mindblowing.

BONZO
06-27-2002, 06:48 AM
the wait time was 3hours

Yikes!

Looking to go later on this year for a good thrill fix.

CarolynU
06-27-2002, 11:46 AM
It was brilliant, but once having ridden it I wouldn't wait 3 hours to ride again. I don't know why they turned off the virtual ticket machines, because the park was packed. Oblivion was excellent too so we settled for that. Carolyn

Purrrrfecta
07-04-2002, 10:29 PM
Glad you enjoyed Air. My friend said he went on it with his son, and he lost his glasses!!!!!