PDA

View Full Version : Rebecca & Allen/ Sept. 6, 2010/WP/Fantasmic DP/TOTS

Rebclay
04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm Engaged!!! Now that everything is official, I feel like I can actually start planning...so here we go.

Name: Rebecca
Wishes/Couture or Escape: Wishes
Location of Wedding/Vow Renewal: It's up in the air at this point but right now it looks like the wedding pavilion in the morning, a brunch at Epcot, and a dessert party at lower UK.
Date: September 6, 2010

How we met:
Allen and I met at a game night that a mutual friend of ours invited us to. He said he was going to the beach the next day and invited me along. I thought we were going as a group because several of their friends said they would meet us there. Boy was I wrong. Come to find out it is a date when we are the only ones there... I found out after the fact that our mutual friend had basically set us up without me knowing it. I'm glad he did. :rotfl:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/l_8d1e4efb7598c59b0e89b9aad85c6fd7.jpg
This was Allen's first trip to Disney... and the first of many to come. He loved it (otherwise I don't think we would be getting married there).

Engagement:
We just got engaged on Monday April 6, 2009 (exactly 17 months before the wedding). We had gone to the ring store on our two year anniversary (March 31) to make sure they still had the ring I picked out. He decided to go ahead and put a down payment on the ring. They ordered my ring and sunday night allen tells me he is going to be late coming home from work monday. Well that sure made it difficult to figure out what he was going to do. He got home and asked me repeatedly "You want it now?" I told him I can wait or he can give it to me now. He asked me to get something out of the room and when i come back he looks guilty. I looked over at my nightstand and turn to him. He asked me "Will you make me the happiest man on Earth at the happiest place on Earth?" It was perfect, very him. :love:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/100B1420-1.jpg
Here is my engagement ring.

Theme: Beauty and the Beast
How Many Guests: I honestly can't tell at this point, I think 50-75. Which has made picking locations extremely difficult.
No planner or coordinator yet but i'm working with Bill as my sales representative.
Rehearsal Dinner: Possibly a Fantasmic dessert party.
Farewell Get-Together: Don't know yet
Bachelor/Bachelorette Party: Probably drinking around the world
Officiant: Rabbi Lefkowitz
Photography: DPS
Video: DPS
Floral: Disney
Honeymoon Plans: 3 or 4 day Disney Cruise depending on how many days we can get off of work.

That's all I got for now, but there's lots more to come, so stay tuned!

Bride-to-be
04-09-2009, 08:30 PM
CONGRATS ON BEING ENGAGED!!!! Your ring is so pretty! YAY I love Bill he's great. Didn't you want the beauty and the beast venue before? Is everyone coming? Anyhoo I am so glad you finally started a PJ. The wedding pavillion is soo pretty! I can't wait to hear more about your theme.

camara381
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Congratulations!!!!!! Your ring is amazing! Can't wait to read about all your plans.

Rebclay
04-10-2009, 12:12 AM
CONGRATS ON BEING ENGAGED!!!! Your ring is so pretty! YAY I love Bill he's great. Didn't you want the beauty and the beast venue before? Is everyone coming? Anyhoo I am so glad you finally started a PJ. The wedding pavillion is soo pretty! I can't wait to hear more about your theme.
Yes, but it seems that it will be out of our budget. :sad1: If somehow we do come up with extra funds, I would love to have the ceremony there. I'm praying my grandpa decides to chip in some money here and there but i'm not counting on it.

Congratulations!!!!!! Your ring is amazing! Can't wait to read about all your plans.
Thank you, I love it.

Bride-to-be
04-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Truthfully I really like the wedding pavillion - its so pretty. I can't wait to hear what you decide on for a reception site!

Rebclay
04-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Choosing the reception location has become a thorn in my side. I'm not sure how many people i'm going to have and we could be above 50 or right at 50 which completely changes my reception options.

I really don't want a ballroom. If the group is under 50, ideally I would choose either the whitehall room or the american adventure parlor. I love the airy feel of the white hall room but don't know if my group is small enough. And the AAP is perfect for my Beauty and the Beast theme (I love this location :love: :love: :love:).

If it's over 50, i'm thinking the Atlantic dance hall but my df doesn't like the big stage area. My next choice would be LSS, but only because of the time of day and the number of people it can hold. I work at an aquarium and don't really care to have "my work" with me at my wedding.

UGGGHHH!!!
I wish i could send out invites now just to get a tentative number.

If anybody has any advice, i would love any help you guys can give. :)

tiggersam00
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
1st off congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

Yay for a DFTW! I agree with your comment about it being hard to pick a venue. I had a tough time choosing mine, but my WC Stacey really helped narrow the choices down for us. We are using ADH because we are having about 150-180 people:scared1:... not my choice but oh well! But the other place I loved was the American Adventure as well! Such a bright airy space and I saw a disney special where a girl had her quincenera there and it was lovely.

Wherever you choose it will be amazing though! Good luck and let us know if you need any help:goodvibes

Rebclay
04-13-2009, 03:58 PM
1st off congrats! Your ring is gorgeous!

Yay for a DFTW! I agree with your comment about it being hard to pick a venue. I had a tough time choosing mine, but my WC Stacey really helped narrow the choices down for us. We are using ADH because we are having about 150-180 people:scared1:... not my choice but oh well! But the other place I loved was the American Adventure as well! Such a bright airy space and I saw a disney special where a girl had her quincenera there and it was lovely.

Wherever you choose it will be amazing though! Good luck and let us know if you need any help:goodvibes

Thanks Sam. BTW, I love your engagement pics. You and your df are too cute together.

MainStMandy
04-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Oohhh congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful!

Rebclay
04-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Oohhh congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful!

Thank you!!

Rebclay
04-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I got to visit my mom the other day (she is paying for the wedding). I showed her the different options of what I want.... Well, I showed her my ideal sites for the ceremony and reception. She said that we should be able to afford my dream wedding!!!!

Here are my two ideal situations:
Option 1
1) Ceremony at the WP
2) Cocktail hour at the top of the Theater of the Stars (Beauty and the Beast theater)
3) Dinner reception on the stage at the TOTS

Down side: The only thing that makes this a questionable choice is the maximum guest count of 50 and price
Up side: It would be the most amazing and unique wedding ever!!

Option 2
1) Ceremony at the theather of the stars (on the stage)
2) Cocktail Hour at the second floor of the ADH
3) Brunch reception at ADH

Down side: I really want a dinner reception
Up side: I get as many people as I want and it's cheaper

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/BB.jpg
This will be me and my DF if we take option 2 (he won't be dressed as the beast though)

I'm so happy either way. I emailed my sales rep and i'm waiting on a response to whether or not we can squeeze an extra five people on the stage at the TOTS. If not, option 2 it is. If it is possible, option 1 it is.

My guest count problem is solved either way!! I can either have 55 and I already have that list of who gets invited, or i can have more than that with option two and there's no problem with my numbers. I went through and made a list with my mother of who would actually show up if invited and it's just immediate family from both of our familes.

I'm so excited and just wanted to shair with everyone.

tiggersam00
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh eithier option sounds amazing! I am an ADH bride and if you end up ther you will not be dissappointed, it is gorgeous inside! And I will give you a piece of advice based on what I have learned so far in this process... people love disney. We ended up with more people RSVP yes then we ever imagined! It was really kind of bizzarre, I thought we would have a nice small guests list lol!

Where is the TOTS? I am not familiar with that one? HS? :confused3

Rebclay
04-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Oh eithier option sounds amazing! I am an ADH bride and if you end up ther you will not be dissappointed, it is gorgeous inside! And I will give you a piece of advice based on what I have learned so far in this process... people love disney. We ended up with more people RSVP yes then we ever imagined! It was really kind of bizzarre, I thought we would have a nice small guests list lol!

Where is the TOTS? I am not familiar with that one? HS? :confused3

It's the Theater of the Stars. The Beauty and the beast stage show.

tiggersam00
04-16-2009, 03:54 PM
It's the Theater of the Stars. The Beauty and the beast stage show.

ahhhh now I get it, I was a bit confused sorry bout that. Wow that would be such a cool venue! I haven't heard of many brides on here who have used that so it would def be very original and unique! Eithier way you will have an amazing wedding, I can't wait to hear what you pick:goodvibes

malibustacey
04-16-2009, 05:09 PM
wow what a ring!! congrats!!

i hope to have a nov 2010 wedding so mine will follow your wedding!!

MainStMandy
04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I just have to say you bring back lots of memories when you refer to TOTS...I used to work at GMR :)

I love your ideas. We were torn on location too beause Df wanted an evening reception. We finally decided on a brunch because it lets us have almost everything we want on a smaller budget. Do you have pictures of what a ceremony looks like at Tots???

Rebclay
04-16-2009, 10:12 PM
wow what a ring!! congrats!!

i hope to have a nov 2010 wedding so mine will follow your wedding!!
Thanks. Congrats to you too!!

I just have to say you bring back lots of memories when you refer to TOTS...I used to work at GMR :)

I love your ideas. We were torn on location too beause Df wanted an evening reception. We finally decided on a brunch because it lets us have almost everything we want on a smaller budget. Do you have pictures of what a ceremony looks like at Tots???

That's awesome. One of my best friends works at the backlot tour, so we use allot of the lingo.

I can't figure out how to copy the picture they sent me. I think it's in a pdf format or something and it won't let me copy the pictures. If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know. For now, here is the event concept they sent me. Ignore the prices and stuff on there cause believe me, they are NOT accurate, lol.

http://www.disneymedialab.com/dvm/concepts/Theater_of_the_Stars_Dinner-EC$$$.pdf

Crown_princess
04-16-2009, 11:48 PM
Good start to your PJ!
:thumbsup2

Don't worry about guest count, and don't make the mistake I made:

I worried about the guest count and only invited as many people as I had seats. Of 55+ invited only 27 guests made it. I think Mindy Weiss (renowned wedding planner) says for a destination wedding you can count on 30% of people dropping out.

Anyway...can't wait to see more. :goodvibes

MainStMandy
04-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Oh wow that looks beautiful!!!:lovestruc

princess22
04-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Ok, I swear I read and posted on here last night or the night before, but obviously I didn't. I'm losing my mind.

just wanted to say hi and congrats. Everything is sounding great so far... can't wait to hear more

Pirate's Princess
04-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Congrats on the engagement!!

I love your two venue ideas...being married right there on stage! How unique!!

If you have a dinner reception there, would it have to be held after park hours?

Rebclay
04-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Congrats on the engagement!!

I love your two venue ideas...being married right there on stage! How unique!!

If you have a dinner reception there, would it have to be held after park hours?

It would be around 8:30 pm i believe. So not too late.

Pirate's Princess
04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
It would be around 8:30 pm i believe. So not too late.

Oh that's not bad at all. That sounds so awesome!

figmentfan814
04-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I love the idea of being inside DHS for your ceremony. I have seen pictures from a really beautiful reception in the Muppet Courtyard before. We had a joint MK/DHS shoot and I love some of our shots in front of the Great Movie Ride and Rock'n Rollercoaster. We were married in Epcot and our guests were blown away by attending a ceremony in a theme park; I'm sure your guests will love it too. Looking forward to seeing how your plans unfold.

ghoulish delight
04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Congratulations on your engagement!

I love your idea for theming so far! I wish I was more familiar with the places you WDW brides are talking about, but I imagine they're gorgeous! They sound like it at least. :goodvibes

Bride-to-be
04-21-2009, 11:25 AM
I am so happy for you!!!!! :goodvibes I hope that they allow the extra 5. They didn't when I asked but hopefully if you express how much you really want it they will.

If you just have the ceremony there, do they let you do it in the morning?

Rebclay
04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
:yay::woohoo::cool1::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay: They said that i could fit the extra five people!! I'm so excited. Option 1 it is! :yay::woohoo::cool1::banana::cool1::woohoo::yay:

I am so happy for you!!!!! :goodvibes I hope that they allow the extra 5. They didn't when I asked but hopefully if you express how much you really want it they will.

If you just have the ceremony there, do they let you do it in the morning?

The morning ceremonies there are in the morning before the park opens so even earlier then an epcot ceremony. They said it has to be over before 8:30 am.

Bride-to-be
04-21-2009, 09:33 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!:cool1: :dance3: :cool1:

I am sooo happy and its not even my wedding. I just am so happy for you!!!

figmentfan814
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
How exciting, what a cool venue for your reception :dance3: Plus, believe me after having a 9 am ceremony at Epcot, I don't think I could have handled one earlier than that in the morning. It was already a big rush to get ready and have all the pictures we wanted before the wedding.

Ann117
04-23-2009, 07:18 AM
Thats such a cool place to get married I never would have thought of it. Congrats!!!!

Rebclay
04-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing in my excitement.

Sorry I haven't really posted much on here yet. I am graduating on may 16 (which can't come soon enough) and all of my professors have decided to make all of my assignments and tests due the same two weeks. And after those two weeks of utter madness comes finals. I can't wait for school to be over with and for "real" life to commence. Than I will hopefully be able to focus on work and the wedding.

Now for the update!
I know it's really early but we went and bought allen's wedding band. It matches mine which i love and he loves it cause he gets to wear a big expensive ring too (he won't admit it though).

I've started seriously looking online at dresses so I can go dress shopping this summer. Are there any Maggie Sottero brides on here? I was wondering if they are in my price range. If not, i have alternatives but really like a couple of the maggie dresses.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/monalisaroyale_primary.jpg
This is my favorite.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Nevaya-1.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/saphire.jpg
Than it's a tie between these two.

I've also decided that i absolutely want red roses with white stephonitis for my bouquet.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/bouquet.jpg
Like this but a french style bouquet instead of it tapering downward.

I can't decide what color to make my bride's maids dresses now that my colors are black and gold with red accents. I told one of them that they might get to wear black (which i would appreciate as a bridesmaid, being able to use the dress again) but she thought it would look bad wearing black at the wedding. :( Oh well, we shall see later on once i've decided on a few more things.

I've also decided that i would really like to do place settings similar to one of these but instead of real roses i want to either put soap roses, candles or chocolate roses.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/goldnapkinwithroseplacesetting.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/rosenapkinplacesetting.jpg

So in place of the rose would be one of these.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/7inchLSRose.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/chocolaterose.jpg
(chocolates)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/rosecandle.jpg
(candle)

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/rosesoap.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/rose-soap-favors_1665_r.jpg
(soaps)

I haven't decided which one yet but we shall see.

Lastly, how do i change the subject on here? It still has all of my old details and i'd like to be able to change it as things evolve so if someone could fill me in on how to change it, i would really appreciate it. :)

Bride-to-be
04-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Did you see this dress on their website? Its in one of my bridal magazines and I LOVE it, I have been eyeing it for a while and trying to talk my sister into it. Its funny that its the same designer.

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/images/trans.gif
http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&pageSize=8&style=JSM1238

Ok for some reason I can't get the IMG thing to work. I can see it and it looks right but it won't show up on the preview. Anyhoo check out the link.

I really really like the idea of wrapping a rose in a napkin (even if its not real). I think thats a great idea!

Why don't you do red bridesmaid dresses?

Rebclay
04-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Did you see this dress on their website? Its in one of my bridal magazines and I LOVE it, I have been eyeing it for a while and trying to talk my sister into it. Its funny that its the same designer.

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/images/trans.gif
http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&pageSize=8&style=JSM1238

Ok for some reason I can't get the IMG thing to work. I can see it and it looks right but it won't show up on the preview. Anyhoo check out the link.

I really really like the idea of wrapping a rose in a napkin (even if its not real). I think thats a great idea!

Why don't you do red bridesmaid dresses?

I really think that red is going to be the color we go with.

I talked to my two best friends last night and told them that I want them to be my man of honor and maid of honor. We will all be in different places starting this summer because we graduate so I thought it would be good to have them both be co-honorees. My maid of honor agrees with me on red dresses. My man of honor was really hoping for royal blue but it doesn't really go. Oh well. I know he will wear whatever i ask him to. :hug:

Rebclay
05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
I found out that a picture of me was in southern living magazine last month and didn't know it. I've never been in a magazine before so it was really cool. Just wanted to share with you guys.

Oh, and here's the picture.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/moodysouthernliving.jpg

Not the most flattering but cool none the less. :cool1:

tiggersam00
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
OMG I love penguins! Where do you work?

Kimmers127
05-06-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm a September 2010 bride too so I'll definitely be following your progress... LOVE your theme, Beauty & the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. :) Good luck with everything!

ghoulish delight
05-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Ooh! I love the candy or soap rose idea! Very cute!

Now, I can't tell you dead-on prices, but I was convinced I was going to get a Maggie Sottero dress also. I tried on about 7 gowns, but about 3 of them were Maggie Sottero/Sottero & Midgley designs. My dress I chose was by a different designer, but the girl helping me try them on told me the dress I chose was the least expensive out of them. So, I'm thinking they're roughly $2000-$3000 depending on the dress. For my budget, that would've been bit much. :confused3

As for your BM dress colors, how many BMs are you having? It depends on how many you have, but I think it's really pretty when you have each girl in a different color!

You've got great taste from what I've seen, so I'm sure whatever you decide on will be amazing!:thumbsup2

Rebclay
05-07-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm a September 2010 bride too so I'll definitely be following your progress... LOVE your theme, Beauty & the Beast is my favorite Disney movie. :) Good luck with everything!
Thanks. When in september is your wedding?

Ooh! I love the candy or soap rose idea! Very cute!

Now, I can't tell you dead-on prices, but I was convinced I was going to get a Maggie Sottero dress also. I tried on about 7 gowns, but about 3 of them were Maggie Sottero/Sottero & Midgley designs. My dress I chose was by a different designer, but the girl helping me try them on told me the dress I chose was the least expensive out of them. So, I'm thinking they're roughly $2000-$3000 depending on the dress. For my budget, that would've been bit much. :confused3

As for your BM dress colors, how many BMs are you having? It depends on how many you have, but I think it's really pretty when you have each girl in a different color!

You've got great taste from what I've seen, so I'm sure whatever you decide on will be amazing!:thumbsup2

I'm having 2 bridesmaids and 2 bridesmen. The guys will wear whatever my DF pics out for his groomsmen to wear. And my DF doesn't really like to make these kinds of decisions so i'm basically picking the color for the whole wedding party because i would like the girls to match the guys.

figmentfan814
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm having 2 bridesmaids and 2 bridesmen. The guys will wear whatever my DF pics out for his groomsmen to wear. And my DF doesn't really like to make these kinds of decisions so i'm basically picking the color for the whole
wedding party because i would like the girls to match the guys.
I had my cousin stand up on my side too. We called him a "bridal attendant" and he wore the same tux as the rest of the groomsmen too. We even had him ride in the limo with all of us women the morning of the wedding to do pictures with me instead of DH.

KSchwagg86
05-07-2009, 05:51 PM
This is SUCH a cool venue! I'm so excited for you :thumbsup2

Rebclay
05-08-2009, 11:56 AM
This is SUCH a cool venue! I'm so excited for you :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I plan on posting a few things after finals are over. Wish me luck.

Ann117
05-09-2009, 09:10 PM
I love your place setting idea it really goes with the Beauty and the best theme.

Rebclay
05-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Sorry I haven't been on lately. I've been so busy. I graduated!!! Had my family and DF's mom meet. My computer completely died so i got a brand new one today. And work has been a little bit rough. My animals haven't been doing so well so it has really taken its toll on me. Sadly not much has happened for the wedding but i am planning a trip home to go dress shopping with my mother. I'll let you guys know when the trip becomes definitive.

Pirate's Princess
05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Congrats on graduation!! Sorry about your animals...it's always heartbreaking when they are not doing well.

Hope they get better.

Rebclay
05-29-2009, 12:49 AM
Congrats on graduation!! Sorry about your animals...it's always heartbreaking when they are not doing well.

Hope they get better.

Thanks for both. :goodvibes

figmentfan814
05-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Congratulations on graduating, I know for me it was always such a relief at the same time as a great sense of accomplishment!

So sorry to hear about your animals, they become such a part of our family its hard to see them suffering :hug:

tiggersam00
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Hope everything works out Rebecca, I hope all your animals get better soon:hug:

Rebclay
07-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I have been a horrible disbride. I can't believe it's been almost two months since my last post. My plans have changed a little bit since my last post. We have decided to have the wedding ceremony at the Theater of the Stars (the beauty and the beast stage show theater) and the reception at Bistro de Paris. I saw pictures of the bistro and fell in love with it. It matches my colors and i won't need to decorate. And Beauty and the Beast takes place in France so it still fits the theme. We are also doing this to save money because it will be a lunch/ brunch reception which of course lowers the F&B minimums. I'm going home in about three weeks to go dress shopping so i will make sure to take plenty of pictures to show everybody. That's all I got for now. :)

Rebclay
07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
I am sooo glad i was able to go home. I was able to go to the dentist yesterday and they fixed up my teeth and it only took a whopping four and a half hours. It was a long time to sit there almost upside down by totally worth it. This morning was dress shopping. I had the best bridal consultant and it was so much fun.
Here are the dresses I tried on (in order):

Dress 1 front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5058_0035.jpg

Dress 1 back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5088_0005.jpg

Dress 2 front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5061_0032.jpg

Dress 2 Back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5060_0033.jpg

Dress 3 Front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5070_0023.jpg

Dress 3 Back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5067_0026.jpg

Dress 4 Front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5073_0020.jpg

Dress 4 Back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5072_0021.jpg

Dress 5 Front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5074_0019.jpg

Dress 5 Back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5075_0018.jpg

Dress 6 Front
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5079_0014.jpg

Dress 6 Back
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCF5082_0011.jpg

And the winner is.... Dress 2. I absolutely love it. I'm so happy and can't wait to actually order it. :woohoo: That's all i got for now. Hope to update with news soon... the one year point is getting so close now. Yay!! :yay:

LuluLovesDisney
08-05-2009, 12:48 AM
Your dress is beautiful!!

I love that your ceremony is at TOTS. I worked there during the Fall 99 College Program! (Area 3!)

I think red roses go perfectly with your theme, too.

Rebclay
08-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you. I can't wait to actually book everything. It seems like the one year point will never get here.

Your dress is beautiful!!

I love that your ceremony is at TOTS. I worked there during the Fall 99 College Program! (Area 3!)

I think red roses go perfectly with your theme, too.

On a seperate note, I need to vent a little bit. I found out last week, while i was home, that my cousin just got engaged and that my other cousin is considering getting engaged as well. I am happy for them and all but they are both most likely getting married next year BEFORE my wedding. The only reason this bothers me is because we waited so long to have our DFTW because we wanted everybody to have time to save up to make it to disney. One of my cousins is also having a destination wedding so now i'm not sure if all of my family will make it to my wedding. Ughhh. OK i'm done with my bridezilla moment.

girli565
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Congrats! I got engaged the day after you, April 7, 2009.

I love your dress, it's gorgeous!

Rebclay
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks girli and congrats to you too!!!

Petals & Pixie Dust
02-26-2010, 06:57 AM
ok I think I'm always the last to start reading PJs on this board! :rotfl2: Congratulations! I love the Beauty and The Beast theme...there are threads of that in my wedding too :goodvibes I am a Maggie Sottero bride...I love my dress-its perfect!

Can't wait to read more!

pink_tink8i8
02-28-2010, 05:32 PM
congrats on picking your dress :goodvibes

disneychickforever
03-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Your dress is beautiful! And I love your locations! If it wasn't for not getting to use outside photographers, I would totally marry in Epcot.

Can't wait to read more!

Rebclay
03-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I've kinda fallen off the band wagon... I will put together a major update for this evening... Hopefully.

Bride-to-be
03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey it's been a while. I just wante to say hi and was hoping for an update popcorn::

Petals & Pixie Dust
08-05-2010, 08:20 AM
popcorn::

Rebclay
08-05-2010, 03:10 PM
popcorn::

LOL, ok. I don't even remember where i left off so here we go.

Our ceremony is at 10:00 a.m. at the WP followed by a reception at the Bistro de Paris at Epcot. We are doing the magic kingdom photo shoot the morning of the wedding with a reveal before hand.

I'm sure most of you have seen pics of the WP so i won't post any of it but here is the Bistro de Paris
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/DSCN0443.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/DSCN0442.jpg

Our menu for the reception/pre-reception is the following:
BRUNCH
Mimosa
Bloody Marie
Fresh Florida Orange, Tomato and Grapefruit Juice
Sliced Fresh Fruit and Seasonal Berries
Smoked Norwegian Salmon
Basket of Freshly Baked Assorted Rolls and Bagels
Cream Cheese, Red Onions and Capers
Fresh Mozzarella with Sliced Tomatoes and Herbs
Pasta Salad and Shrimp
Chicken Salad
Nicoise salad
Selection of Quiches: Lorraine and Florentine
Chef’s Selection of Vegetables and Potatoes
Assortment of Breakfast Pastries, Croissants and Breads
Freshly Brewed Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Tea and Milk
Stations:
ROASTED PRIME RIB OF BEEF With Truffle Sauce and Whipped Horseradish, Carved to Order
BAKED SALMON IN PUFF PASTRY, sliced to Order
CREPE With spinach, Broccoli, Onions, Peppers, Ham, Chicken, Mushrooms, Cheddar and Swiss Cheese, Sun-dried Tomato, Prepared to Order
OMELETTE STATION With Broccoli, Onions, Peppers, Ham, Mushrooms, Cheddar and Swiss cheese, prepared to Order

The chefs at the Bistro came up with this great menu. It's a lot of food and it sounds yummy. We didn't get to do a tasting because the bistro doesn't even offer brunch normally so we are going on good faith that the food is delicious.

I have my dress, it's maggie sottero Monalisa Royale. This was when i went in for my fitting.
This is the back:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/000_0009.jpg
This is the front:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/000_0007.jpg

We have our ketubah (jewish marriage license), which i love.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCN0507.jpg

Here is the stomping glass.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCN0506.jpg
It will go in the bag underneath it in the picture so when my df stomps on it, it doesn't shatter everywhere and we will keep the pieces and hopefully be able to do something with them.

We also had lanyards made for our welcome bags. We looked into buying disney lanyards but they are outrageously priced so we personalized our own for pretty darn cheap.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCN0499-1.jpg
They say "Happily Ever After... 9/6/2010".

We're hoping everyone wears them around the parks. They are so convenient with the pouch on them. You can just carry your room key in it and go. You can also pin trade which me and df are excited about (we get really into trading).

We had an aisle runner made which i've posted on the aisle runner posts but here it is again in all its glory.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/AisleRunnerpic.jpg

Here are my shoes
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/DSCN0491.jpg
They are jeweled all along the straps and are super comfortable. My df and I are choreographing our first dance and i practice in the shoes to make sure that they work for what we are doing and they have never given me problems.

We also decided to do programs for the ceremony which we originally weren't going to do but i got a creative itch and did the mickey fans/programs.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/100_1598.jpg

This is the tiara that was given to me as a gift to go with my dress.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/100_1621.jpg
I will wear the matching jewelry set and a gorgeous veil that i sadly don't have a picture of.

We also have our toasting glasses. We had them engraved during our PS back in February.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/DSCN0470.jpg

This is around the bottom rim
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/DSCN0469.jpg

And our cake topper
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/tueloveskiss.jpg

We chose the ornate filligri for our cake
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i149/rebclay/Planning%20Session/cakefiligree.jpg
We won't have the seperation between the top two layers and it will also be in gold instead of silver and of course our Beauty and the Beast/Prince cake topper instead of the cinderella.

I think that's a good highlights reel. Sorry its so all over the place. If anybody has any questions, feel free to post or pm me. I am more then willing to share!

tinkerbell 766
08-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Beautiful, all really beautiful!!!
Can I ask where you got your lanyards from please.

Rebclay
08-05-2010, 06:50 PM
I got the lanyards from http://www.customlanyard.net/Lanyard/. It was super easy and super cheap.

Petals & Pixie Dust
08-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Where did you get your glass??? We are an interfaith couple and want to incorporate this into our wedding...TIA

Rebclay
08-06-2010, 09:24 PM
We got the glass online, i don't remember exactly which website but here is one that has the exact syle we ordered. http://www.judaism.com/search.asp?nt=CLCO&sctn=622

Petals & Pixie Dust
08-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Thank you!

ckpoodge
08-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm just putting my 2 cents in here on what you might be able to do with your glass after you break it.

What about a mosaic tile? You can get the cement from a hobby store (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc), and you can make it into some sort of garden stepping stone or something.

girli565
09-12-2010, 12:55 AM
So how was it? I hope it was everything you dreamed of!!

Sccrmnky2005
09-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Me too!! I want to see pictures please!

disneydania
02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
I know your wedding was some time ago, but I came across your PJ and wedding photos and I just had to comment. It was a lovely wedding. Everything was so beautiful and perfect and so in keeping with your BATB theme.

As I plan my own BATB themed VR, I have a much better idea of what our own day can look like. Thank you for sharing:lovestruc