PDA

View Full Version : Book Suggestions (Non-Travel Related)

Tovin
04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
I'm looking for suggestions on the building and history of Disneyland, and I know you guys can help me!

I am looking for development and design history, as well as history of the company in the early days of development and operation. I'd like to know a bit more about Walt and his plans for the park and the resort area.

In addition, while trying to avoid the DISNEY IS EVIL INCARNATE factor, I am looking for the more recent company strategies surrounding both Disneyland and the other resorts.

Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!

Thanks all!

T

PinkBudgie
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
The Disneyland Encyclopedia has entries for everything that has ever existed in Disneyland. And people too. I found it facinating to read. Even if that book isn't exactly what you are looking for, you might like to take a look at the Bibliography at the back for more book ideas.

kaoden39
04-12-2009, 06:00 PM
The Disneyland Encyclopedia has entries for everything that has ever existed in Disneyland. And people too. I found it facinating to read. Even if that book isn't exactly what you are looking for, you might like to take a look at the Bibliography at the back for more book ideas.

Great minds think alike. I was gonna suggest the same book.:goodvibes

LavenderPeach
04-13-2009, 08:47 AM
I was also thinking of the disneyland encyclopedia. It was really interesting. It might be a good place to start.

YellowMickeyPonchos
04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
If you can still order them, go to the "E" Ticket magazine website. They are closing down the magazine, but are still selling CD-Roms with all their Issues on them this magazine was famed for its in-depth interviews with all the folks that made the park happen. Plus, there are intesting articles on long-gone rides and shows and people. Full of photographs from the personal collections of imagineers, animators, etc. I have a full set of the magazines and they are one of the jopys of my collection.

http://www.the-e-ticket.com/