PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield Marriot on Harbor?

beckanoah
04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I am trying to put together a trip for my dd and myself this summer. We stayed at the Tropicana 2 years ago, and really enjoyed it. This time I am looking at the Fairfield Marriot. Has anyone stayed here before? How would you rate the hotel as in walking distance, cleanliness, amenities? I have looked at Tripadvisor.com but am still trying to figure it out!

Thanks in advance.

charmama4
04-08-2009, 06:06 PM
I loved it there. The beds were oh so comfy!:lovestruc Our rooms were always clean. The rooms were airy, roomy, cheery and bright. It has the mini fridge and coffee makers,no micro. We brought a toaster so we were set. It had a nice clean pool with towels. There is a Pizza Hut now, so you can order some for lunch if ya want. A coffee place that serves Seattles Coffee, yum! The staff at the front desk and in housekeeping was great also. I like having Mc. D's right on the way to DL for a quick bite. And Millie's was a nice quiet place to have a meal too. If we weren't staying at the DLH this time around we would be at the Fairfield. No joke ;)

PigletGurl
04-08-2009, 06:06 PM
It's awesome. My family and I are staying there for the third time in a row, and for 14 nights! The walk is a good 5 - 7 minutes. Not tiring at all! The rooms are fairly clean, not luxury, but very comfortable, especially the beds. There is a pizza hut on the third floor, which comes in handy at night after arriving from the parks. There's a game room for the kids next to the pizza hut too. It has a nice gift shops with very cheap disney pins, which I buy lots so I could trade them in for expensive ones at the park. We used to stay frequently at the Embassy Suites South, and obviously it is much better than the Fairfield, but we like the closeness of the Fairfield, and we don't like the hassle of going around in buses, lots of stress. Even when we come back tired at night from the parks, the walk takes around 10 minutes, but it's well worth it! Have fun with your choice!

KCmike
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
We personally liked it better than Hojo's. I would stay there again. Go and have fun. One thing we liked was being able to see into the park from a few stories up.

SeattleTink
04-09-2009, 10:55 AM
:thumbsup2
Another thumbs up from me.

My DH really loved this hotel. We have stayed at HoJo's, and the Carousel in the past year and the Fairfield is number one.

I totally agree that the beds are comfy! Man, I loved those beds.

It is nice and close to Mimi's and McD's too. The walk is just right.

If you are going in the hot months they have coolers of citrus water in the lobby. When you come in from the heat that water is delicious and refreshing.

Good luck deciding.

KAYELIZ
04-09-2009, 11:14 AM
We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for the first time last October and we were so happy with the hotel that we made reservations for this coming October. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had a delivery from Albertson's that arrived before we did, and the Front Desk staff kept the perishables refrigerated for us. We also like that you can watch the Disney fireworks from the hotel. The rooms aren't fancy, but they're clean and comfortable.

mom2ian
04-09-2009, 01:53 PM
We've stayed there 3 times and had good experiences. The beds are pretty comfy.

Here's a link to a review with picture:
http://***************************/article/394546/disneylands_good_neighbor_hotels_a.html?cat=16

reynmagsmom
04-09-2009, 06:57 PM
Great property beds were unbelievable!!!! quick 5 min walk to front gates...mcdonalds in the front of hotel we loved it!!!!

KCmike
04-09-2009, 10:17 PM
The containers were there when we went as well. Forgot about them. Nothing fancy or anything but sure nice to get a refreshing drink.

The location really is ideal for both walking and the proximity of fast food.

YellowMickeyPonchos
04-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Just as a note from someone who used to be a corporate business traveller, Fairfields are one of the most consistent in quality of all of the North American hotel chains. When you stay in one, you can pretty much bet the rest are alike.

They are owned by Marriott, so their recent push for better beds is obvious in the reveiws from the other posters.

FYI - for those wanting to stay on Marriott points and reading this, this Anaheim one is significantly higher in points due to it's prime location.

charmama4
04-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Just as a note from someone who used to be a corporate business traveller, Fairfields are one of the most consistent in quality of all of the North American hotel chains. When you stay in one, you can pretty much bet the rest are alike.

They are owned by Marriott, so their recent push for better beds is obvious in the reveiws from the other posters.

FYI - for those wanting to stay on Marriott points and reading this, this Anaheim one is significantly higher in points due to it's prime location.

My FIL turned us onto this hotel. He always used his "points" and has allowed us to use them as well. I didint' know that it costs extra "points" to stay at the Anaheim one, I guess we owe him some churrus!!!!

Krissy Marissy
04-10-2009, 11:26 AM
We stayed there for free on our two day trip in dec. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Also the walk was great! Not bad at all! Sometimes we walked up to the light and crossed where the hojo people do to avoid some foot traffic (actually that annoying time share dude!) and it was not too far. I would stay there again if I could get a cheaper rate than hojo! :)

Hound 109
04-10-2009, 11:49 AM

I agree 100% with YellowMickeyPonchos.

I'm also a Marriott frequent stayer & I've stayed at the this Fairfield twice. Both times were good & delivered typical moderate quality experience. The pool isn't fancy, but serves the purpose. It's an easy, safe, 7 minute walk to the DL (or DCA) front gate.

Having McDonald's in the parking lot is a huge benefit...espeically if you are like me & get up early & come back for a mid day break (offering multiple opportunities to nab mcbreakfast items, chicken nuggest, ice creams etc. at a fraction of the price elsewhere.)

BUT.....it used to be a "level 3" Marriot point hotel. (meaning mid level), but in the past year it has been bumped to a "level 5". This means it eats up more of your Marriot points & makes it less of a value for the Marriot Reward holder. Level 5 is normally reserved for deluxe resort Marriotts....not a Fairfield.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat for under $100 a night....but i wouldn't burn level 5 points for it.

beckanoah
04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
I want to thank you all for your responses. I've been offline due to illness for a few days.

I appreciate the tips very much!

teatime
04-17-2009, 10:22 AM
we are staying there in august....... Im so excited. and the trip advisor reviews are wonderful. we got a great deal with get away today!!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?returnTo=__2F__Tourism__2D__g191__2D__Unite d_States__2D__Vacations__2E__html&q=Fairfield+Inn+Anaheim+Disneyland+&sub-search.x=15&sub-search.y=11&sub-search=Go&geo=191

DisneySuiteFreak
04-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I noticed that some of the rooms say free wireless access but costs more. Is there free wireless and is it accessible by all or just those who pay more? :confused3I saw this on Expedia and it confused me...

Husker Mickey
04-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Our son took his laptop last October and didn't have to pay any extra to use it. He checked his email because he was waiting to hear about a paper that he submitted at school. It was great to have the access for a college student. (And yes, he still loves DL :thumbsup2)

DisneySuiteFreak
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Our son took his laptop last October and didn't have to pay any extra to use it. He checked his email because he was waiting to hear about a paper that he submitted at school. It was great to have the access for a college student. (And yes, he still loves DL :thumbsup2)
:yay:! That's good to know...My DS is in college also and DH and I own a small business so we need to have access. It's good to know of places that have it included in the room cost. My DS still loves DL too!:cheer2:

stacyann_1
04-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I am at fairfield right now.. I think it is free internet access for everyone. So far so good, going to Disney tomorrow (our second day), We went last Friday but drove in from Pasadena.

DisneySuiteFreak
04-27-2009, 04:18 AM
I am at fairfield right now.. I think it is free internet access for everyone. So far so good, going to Disney tomorrow (our second day), We went last Friday but drove in from Pasadena.

:yay:Cool! Is the room satisfactory? Hope you have a fun trip!

teatime
04-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Pictures please to go with this review !!! ( nothing better then people pictures of the lobby,rooms , the halls etc.