PDA

View Full Version : Time to DOUBLE up!! 2 for 1 Pre-TR!!!!!!! TRIP REPORT HAS STARTED!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

that's nice
04-08-2009, 03:38 PM
I have almost finished my 1st TR and now its time to start my 1st Pre-TR!!!!! I have gotten some help and suggestions on how to start a Pre-TR sooooo here we go!!!!!!!!

We are currently planning 2 trips. We don't have solid dates for either of them. We are throwing around dates and we are trying to figure out what passes to get. Maybe you can help answer some questions that I have and we can hang out and have a great time!!!!!!!

I will now attempt to answer the sticky questions.

* Who? Fall trip- DW Melody, DD3 Juliana, Me Tim
Spring trip- DW Melody, DD3 Juliana, Me Tim & our friends Dave, Branda, Victoria (3), Alex (2)

* What? 2 jam packed, fun filled trips to Disney!!!!!!

* When? Fall trip- October 3- October 8 (update... THESE ARE OFFICIAL DATES!!!)
Spring Trip- March 3- March 14 (update... THESE ARE OFFICIAL!!!)

* Where? Fall Trip- Thinking of POP (update... POP is BOOKED!!!)
Spring Trip- Renting a house (update.. deposit is out!)

* Reasons for going? Our spring trip was being discussed for at least 6-8 months. Our friends moved last year from Connecticut to Indiana. We get to see them every few months when they come back to CT. We also have a summer trip planned to drive out and see them in Indiana. Our daughters are only 1 month apart in age and they love each other. Both Juliana and Victoria love the princesses. Juliana's favorite is Cinderella and Victoria's favorite is Belle. We have traveled with Dave & Branda many times before we had kids. They love to have a good time and when we are all together LOOK OUT! :scared1: They have never been to Disney before and since we haven't traveled with them in a while, what better place to go?:)

Our fall trip wasn't planned till our recent March trip. While in Disney we spent a day with Melody's cousin, his wife(pregnant), and their son. Before they left for the night, they asked Melody to be the godmother of their new baby!!! She was honored. So we have to go down to Florida for the baptism in the fall and we are trying to work on our dates. We also figured since we would only be a short distance from Disney, lets stay a few extra days and stop in the 'Happiest Place On Earth'!!!

that's nice
04-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Here is Melody & I this summer.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/DSC03324.jpg

Juliana.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/DSC03264.jpg

Juliana & Victoria wearing 'Princess' shoes and being princesses.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04953.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04957.jpg

Juliana, Victoria, and Alex being silly:goodvibes

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04967.jpg

that's nice
04-08-2009, 03:59 PM
1 more for me:surfweb:

my2disneyboys
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
ok I'm in!:woohoo:

tinkgurl
04-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Hi Tim! I'm here :wave2:

Of course, you know I love all the pics you've put up so far. You and Melody make such a great couple, Juliana is adorable, and she and Victoria are so cute together! :cutie:

ProudMommyof2
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah!!! A pre-trippie!!
Well - you have already done MNSHPP so why not go in 11/009 and do MVMCP?
Can't wait for all the details!

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm in too!! I still have 2.5 months until my next trip, so watching you plan will help me pass the time :woohoo:

that's nice
04-08-2009, 07:48 PM
ok I'm in!:woohoo:

Your the first one to post!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

Hi Tim! I'm here :wave2:

Of course, you know I love all the pics you've put up so far. You and Melody make such a great couple, Juliana is adorable, and she and Victoria are so cute together! :cutie:

I have some great pics from when they were just born. I'll have to check my other computer to find them.

Yeah!!! A pre-trippie!!
Well - you have already done MNSHPP so why not go in 11/009 and do MVMCP?
Can't wait for all the details!

That was discussed. I'll explain more in my next installment!

I'm in too!! I still have 2.5 months until my next trip, so watching you plan will help me pass the time :woohoo:

Thanks for joining!!!! Where are you staying for your trip? I'm gonna end up looking for 'value' suggestions.

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for joining!!!! Where are you staying for your trip? I'm gonna end up looking for 'value' suggestions.

We're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, but we have stayed all over the place. If you're looking for value suggestions, I'd definitely say Pop Century. We always stay there the last day of every trip. Well, actually, we never have it in the plans, but I always do the puppy face to my husband and then we add an extra day at Pop because I don't want to leave :rotfl:

that's nice
04-08-2009, 07:59 PM
We're staying at the Boardwalk Inn, but we have stayed all over the place. If you're looking for value suggestions, I'd definitely say Pop Century. We always stay there the last day of every trip. Well, actually, we never have it in the plans, but I always do the puppy face to my husband and then we add an extra day at Pop because I don't want to leave :rotfl:

That(POP) was where I was thinking. From what I understand they don't share a bus and I saw some pictures and it looks pretty cool. I'm a little worried that after staying at CSR last month, we might be expecting too much out of a value. We'll see I guess.:confused3 We are trying to keep this trip as 'cheap' as possible! LOL:lmao:

ProudMommyof2
04-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Ever thought about renting points? We are staying at BCV and AKV for $130 a night!

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 08:16 PM
That(POP) was where I was thinking. From what I understand they don't share a bus and I saw some pictures and it looks pretty cool. I'm a little worried that after staying at CSR last month, we might be expecting too much out of a value. We'll see I guess.:confused3 We are trying to keep this trip as 'cheap' as possible! LOL:lmao:

We stayed at CSR last year and I do have to say that Pop is not 'the same.' The beds are a little less comfy, the rooms are a little smaller, and the property is nowhere NEAR as beautiful! However, it is very FUN. It's soooooo Disney and you really feel like you're in WDW the whole time you're there. There's very little disconnect between the parks and your resort. I think Juliana would really like it and it would definitely save you some $$$.

that's nice
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
We can only go on certain dates due to work schedules. I thought that staying from 10/3-10/7 might be a good idea to get in on the free dining! DW has different ideas. She's been talking about seeing Disney decorated for Christmas. With the 11/14-11/18 dates the parks will be decorated and MVMCP will be on 11/17. Then last night she starts looking up airfare and she is punching in 11/14-11/19?????:confused3 I said I thought you wanted to stay till Wednesday? She says 'What's one more day?" (I thought this was going to be a cheap trip!LOL) We looked at Jetblue airfares for October. They are around $170. I'm hoping that when they release Novembers schedules we can just jump and grab some cheap airfare.

Now I started wondering about getting APs. If we are going in November and March it might be worth getting APs. Heck, we might even be able to swing another trip next fall for FD before the passes expire. I read on DIS that you can buy your AP from the Disney store and get a receipt to turn in at the gate.. then you get your pass. So here are some questions that I have......

* Can you book a room only rate then apply an AP discount after or a general public discount code?????
* Which is a bigger discount- AP or AAA?
* Is there anyone I can ask to get me prices (ideas) what a Sat-Wed or Thurs would cost for my dates?
* Is the Dining In Wonderland card worth it? Do you have to renew it every year or is it a 1 time fee?

Here are a few to start. I'll be back with more I'm sure!:goodvibes

that's nice
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Ever thought about renting points? We are staying at BCV and AKV for $130 a night!

WOW $130 a night. Thats great! I check out the DVC boards every once in a while but I'm not too sure how the whole thing works.

We stayed at CSR last year and I do have to say that Pop is not 'the same.' The beds are a little less comfy, the rooms are a little smaller, and the property is nowhere NEAR as beautiful! However, it is very FUN. It's soooooo Disney and you really feel like you're in WDW the whole time you're there. There's very little disconnect between the parks and your resort. I think Juliana would really like it and it would definitely save you some $$$.

If we tour anything like we did last time the smaller room wouldn't bother us. We were never in our room except to sleep. We loved CSR though. The pool, the grounds, the views...For the 4 nights CSR would end up being about $300 more. 5 nights $375 more. I think that we should just keep that $$$$ in our pocket for food, MVMCP, or whatever.:goodvibes

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 08:42 PM
* Can you book a room only rate then apply an AP discount after or a general public discount code????? Yes, you can book and then apply the code after it is released. You just have to do it soon so you don't lose out on it since there are only a limited number of rooms available at that rate.
* Which is a bigger discount- AP or AAA? From what I have seen, I think AP rates offer a bigger discount.
* Is there anyone I can ask to get me prices (ideas) what a Sat-Wed or Thurs would cost for my dates? I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Can't you plug it into the WDW.com website and see?
* Is the Dining In Wonderland card worth it? Do you have to renew it every year or is it a 1 time fee? We used to have it when it was the Disney Dining Experience (we've been AP holders for 2 years thanks to our WDW Wedding!) It is a yearly fee and there is a discount for AP holders. It's worth it if you eat at mostly Table Service places and if you drink a lot of alcoholic beverages (since you can get the discount on those too!)

Here are a few to start. I'll be back with more I'm sure!:goodvibes

Answers are above in blue :)

tbelfonti
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Can you book a room only rate then apply an AP discount after or a general public discount code????? Absolutely
* Which is a bigger discount- AP or AAA? DEFINITELY AP. But if you have AAA, grab that one now and you can apply the AP later when it's available
* Is there anyone I can ask to get me prices (ideas) what a Sat-Wed or Thurs would cost for my dates? I'll PM you
* Is the Dining In Wonderland card worth it? Do you have to renew it every year or is it a 1 time fee? We did the card a few years ago and it was good.

that's nice
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Answers are above in blue :)

Wow you are fast!!!

On checking the prices, I know that the AP rate was 10-15% at the values. I was just wondering what the actual price would be with the AP discount. With out RR is $473 for the 4 nights.

Thanks for your help.

I think I had enough fun for now. I'll be back later or tomorrow!!! I have plenty more planning to do!!!LOLOL:rotfl:

jenseib
04-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm in too

that's nice
04-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Can you book a room only rate then apply an AP discount after or a general public discount code????? Absolutely
* Which is a bigger discount- AP or AAA? DEFINITELY AP. But if you have AAA, grab that one now and you can apply the AP later when it's available
* Is there anyone I can ask to get me prices (ideas) what a Sat-Wed or Thurs would cost for my dates? I'll PM you
* Is the Dining In Wonderland card worth it? Do you have to renew it every year or is it a 1 time fee? We did the card a few years ago and it was good.

Wow you found my PTR!!!!!!!!

You getting excited? Your trip is almost here!!!!:goodvibes

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Wow you are fast!!!

:rotfl:I'm a teacher and I'm on Spring Break and I'm bored, haha!!

I know what you mean about wanting to be able to figure out the AP rates in advance. We're currently booked with the 4/3 deal, but I'm waiting for the AP rates to see if they're lower. I think they're normally even more than 10-15% at the values. We went during Thanksgiving in 2007 and stayed at Pop with an AP rate. Gosh! I wish I could remember how much it was for you. Let me see if I can find some old paperwork :)

that's nice
04-08-2009, 09:21 PM
:rotfl:I'm a teacher and I'm on Spring Break and I'm bored, haha!!

I know what you mean about wanting to be able to figure out the AP rates in advance. We're currently booked with the 4/3 deal, but I'm waiting for the AP rates to see if they're lower. I think they're normally even more than 10-15% at the values. We went during Thanksgiving in 2007 and stayed at Pop with an AP rate. Gosh! I wish I could remember how much it was for you. Let me see if I can find some old paperwork :)

We did the 4/3 in March which was a great deal!!!!!! Don't kill yourself trying to find your papers! I think I still have some time.:confused3I appreciate all your help though!!!!:goodvibes

jenseib
04-08-2009, 09:31 PM
I think AP rates can be as low as 40% off.

SRUAlmn
04-08-2009, 09:44 PM

That's what I was remembering too. I'm thinking it might have been 30%?

MaryAz
04-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Coming along for the ride. thanks for checking out my ptr!

that's nice
04-09-2009, 08:06 AM

That's what I was remembering too. I'm thinking it might have been 30%?

Wow 40% maybe we might be looking at CSR or a moderate (PO?) if I can get a rate like that!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming along for the ride. thanks for checking out my ptr!

How many people do we need to have a party over here?:rotfl::banana:

tbelfonti
04-09-2009, 09:04 AM
AP is often 40% off.

They offered a spring "room only" for everyone that was close to 50% off.

For both, it will depend on how busy they are if they actually release a discount and for how much. I personally believe the free dining was not as big a hit as the buy 4 get 3 free deal was.

And I haven't forgotten about you - I have a crazy day scheduled for work but will get back to you a bit later today (after 5pm if that's ok with you - heading up to CCMC to deliver easter baskets).

maroo
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I am SOOOO in on these...a 2 for one deal!!

Why didn't I think of this...:confused3 I, instead, will have 3 pre-trippies running at the same time!!!

But, I do have totally differents cast members for each trip and totally different trips planned!

I am voting for the November dates! :) Christmas in the World is supposed to be beautiful! :)

lizet313
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
Am in popcorn:: all your pics are cute:cutie: Juliana Victoria and Alex are adorable. :lovestruc

shordiebecka
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
fellow CT resident here!!!! Interesting, a two for one deal. i'm in the same position right now, planning two trips, one for July and one for December. Can't wait to hear more. Sorry I can't offer any insight into the AP!

SRUAlmn
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Wow 40% maybe we might be looking at CSR or a moderate (PO?) if I can get a rate like that!!!!!!!!!!!

That's normally the decision we end up making too, especially if you have a moderate you'd love to try or already love. You can stay at a value any time for a decent rate, but if you can get a great deal at a mod. or deluxe, jump on it!!

that's nice
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
AP is often 40% off.

They offered a spring "room only" for everyone that was close to 50% off.

For both, it will depend on how busy they are if they actually release a discount and for how much. I personally believe the free dining was not as big a hit as the buy 4 get 3 free deal was.

And I haven't forgotten about you - I have a crazy day scheduled for work but will get back to you a bit later today (after 5pm if that's ok with you - heading up to CCMC to deliver easter baskets).

No problem... I'm in no hurry. Thanks for your help :)

I am SOOOO in on these...a 2 for one deal!!

Why didn't I think of this...:confused3 I, instead, will have 3 pre-trippies running at the same time!!!

But, I do have totally differents cast members for each trip and totally different trips planned!

I am voting for the November dates! :) Christmas in the World is supposed to be beautiful! :)

I hope I'm not doing an illegal PTR! I don't know all the 'rules'! LOL

Am in popcorn:: all your pics are cute:cutie: Juliana Victoria and Alex are adorable. :lovestruc

Thanks so much. I gotta jump over and check out your report.

fellow CT resident here!!!! Interesting, a two for one deal. i'm in the same position right now, planning two trips, one for July and one for December. Can't wait to hear more. Sorry I can't offer any insight into the AP!

I read the first page of your report. You are quite 'sneaky'! LOL Nice job! This is what (kinda) my wife had to do to me to get me to go to Disney our 1st time last year. Now I have 3 trips down and 2 more in waiting in 2 years. LOL.... Plus now I'm always on these boards. DW is like you on those DISboards again??????:rotfl:

That's normally the decision we end up making too, especially if you have a moderate you'd love to try or already love. You can stay at a value any time for a decent rate, but if you can get a great deal at a mod. or deluxe, jump on it!!

I'll have to wait and see what type of deals are out there. But I guess I can always book something then go from there!:goodvibes

that's nice
04-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I found some 'OLD SCHOOL' pictures of Juliana and Victoria.

This is the first time they met. At the hopsital.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2061.jpg

Girls day out.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2136.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2140.jpg

Seeing who could crawl first.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2770.jpg

Already planning to terrorize their parents.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC00041.jpg

SRUAlmn
04-09-2009, 08:46 PM
SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

tinkgurl
04-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Haha, the captions you put under each picture goes perfectly!

that's nice
04-09-2009, 10:25 PM
SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks!!!!:goodvibes

Haha, the captions you put under each picture goes perfectly!

I could fill up so many pages with pictures..... I have to get back to planning!!!!!:rotfl:

AlohaAnnie
04-10-2009, 06:54 AM
Great Pics! Soooo....Cute!

I vote Christmas, I have always wanted to go to Disney at Christmas. We are planning to go December 2010.

BTW, we live in Indiana

jenseib
04-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Aw! They are so cute!

IcePrincess467
04-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Count me in:thumbsup2 I'm looking foward to hearing all your plans!!

DearDaisyinDurham
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
:yay: Count me in!!

maroo
04-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Adorable pics!!! :) :love:

that's nice
04-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Great Pics! Soooo....Cute!

I vote Christmas, I have always wanted to go to Disney at Christmas. We are planning to go December 2010.

BTW, we live in Indiana

I think we are leaning more towards the November dates. DW really wants to see the decorations.

Count me in:thumbsup2 I'm looking foward to hearing all your plans!!

:yay: Count me in!!

Thanks for following along.... This might take a while to really get going though.

Aw! They are so cute!
Adorable pics!!! :) :love:

Thanks!!! :goodvibes

that's nice
04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Well as the talk of our trip slowly gets underway, DW is leaning towards the November dates. (this basically means that the Nov. dates are a definite). One good thing about the November dates is that it would be my birthday while we were there! So I'd get some type of present. (most likely the gift card if I have the AP's) I found out some prices (with help) of staying at POP with an AAA discount. I'm hoping with all the promotions going on now Nov. won't be busy.... then Disney will run some more promos so we can get something cheaper. LOL

I also talked with our friends and have decided that renting a house will be the best way to go for our March trip. This way after the kids get to bed we can hang out and not have to deal with hotel rooms. We are looking to rent a 4-5 bedroom house for at least 7-8 days with a pool, hot tub, and game room. I've been searching some websites and I think we can spend under $1000. That would be great split between the 2 families. Once I book something (room or airfare) I'll get to add a ticker to my siggy!LOLOL Maybe I should add a ticker for when I add my Disney ticker?:rotfl::rotfl:

jenseib
04-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Last year part of Nov and Dec had free dining. Maybe they will do it again this year.

that's nice
04-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Last year part of Nov and Dec had free dining. Maybe they will do it again this year.

Was that only for Disney Visa Card holders or for the general public as well? If they do FD that would be nice!:)

jenseib
04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
I got a PIN early one, and then after awhile I think it opened to Vsa holders and then went to general public as far as I know.

that's nice
04-13-2009, 11:14 AM
I got a PIN early one, and then after awhile I think it opened to Vsa holders and then went to general public as far as I know.

That would be great if they did!!!! I'll be on the lookout:scratchin

that's nice
04-13-2009, 11:24 AM
I think I can say this is a November trip. I took the 14th - 19th off today. :thumbsup2 I've also been looking at more houses on vrbo.com I've found houses from $600 a week. The $600 one's are a little farther away from the parks while ones in the $800-$1000 range are a lot closer and have what we are looking for. Then there are the one's $1000+ that are really nice. I think with the economy I might be able to make a few deals. I've been trying to look for properties that have some feedback from past guests. My wife is calling me obsessive because I look every night.... but she isn't going to sit on the computer and find the house. I've saved about 25 houses and I guess I should narrow those down. That's it. I might post a few pictures from Easter later.:goodvibes:goodvibes

lizet313
04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Aww they are so adorable. Partners in crime since day one.:rotfl2: Tough luck to the parents. Wow great dates I think the Christmas decorations should be up by then. Can't wait for the easter pics. :cloud9:

that's nice
04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
On Friday we went over our friends house for an Easter egg hunt. It was supposed to be on Saturday but with some nasty weather coming, it was moved to Friday. It was nice out- sunny and about 55. There was over 20 kids. They had the younger kids in the front yard and the older kids in the back. Juliana had a blast. At first she was just going after the pink eggs but I think she found them all, so she had to pick up some other colors as well.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04979.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04980.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04981.jpg

After the egg hunt it was time for sack races.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04986.jpg

Once the sack races were over it was a kid free for all. They had candy, cookies, donuts, and more! Surprisingly Juliana doesn't really eat too many sweets.:confused3 I guess I shouldn't complain. So she just headed over to the slide.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04991.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC04992.jpg

It was a great Friday morning. Melody was off from work and her family was coming over for a seafood dinner at night.:goodvibes

my2disneyboys
04-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Such cute pictures!! I think that time in November would be great. Crowds not too bad- decorations up and looking beautiful! It may be a little cool for the pool though, but it would be nice to be in the parks and not have it be so hot!! Also I love the idea of getting a house when going with friends. It will make your nights so much more enjoyable when the kids are sleeping. On our last trip (we went to Cape Cod for NYE) and Wayne and I were sitting in the hotel room, having a glass of wine in the dark because the kids NEEDED a nap, and we were trying so hard to be quiet and kept cracking up - we kept saying, we really should have stayed at a place with two rooms!!

lizet313
04-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Great pics. I love the picture of Juliana running with two eggs on her hand and going after another. You captured the picture full of spirit:cloud9: WOW she doesn't eat too much sweet :worship: I can't even do that :rotfl2: What a great family day :thumbsup2

that's nice
04-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Such cute pictures!! I think that time in November would be great. Crowds not too bad- decorations up and looking beautiful! It may be a little cool for the pool though, but it would be nice to be in the parks and not have it be so hot!! Also I love the idea of getting a house when going with friends. It will make your nights so much more enjoyable when the kids are sleeping. On our last trip (we went to Cape Cod for NYE) and Wayne and I were sitting in the hotel room, having a glass of wine in the dark because the kids NEEDED a nap, and we were trying so hard to be quiet and kept cracking up - we kept saying, we really should have stayed at a place with two rooms!!

I would hope that it would be in the 70's?:confused3 I don't know the temps in Fl at this time of the year. I'll have to go check them out.

About the house..... thats how we felt our last trip too! At night we would get in bed and wait for Juliana to fall asleep. More than 1/2 the time Melody fell asleep too! I was laying in bed drinking a beer :drinking1and watching Sportscenter while my 2 girls were sleeping. LOLOL Considering that we don't get a chance to hang out with our friends much anymore, I think this will be the best option. It will be nice hanging out in the hot tub while the kids are sleeping!

Great pics. I love the picture of Juliana running with two eggs on her hand and going after another. You captured the picture full of spirit:cloud9: WOW she doesn't eat too much sweet :worship: I can't even do that :rotfl2: What a great family day :thumbsup2

Thanks.. we had a fun time. It was nice to be together for the weekend. Pretty soon my work schedule will kick into high gear and we won't be doing stuff like this for a while.

that's nice
04-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Here are a few from Easter morning. Here is Juliana checking out her Easter basket.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05011.jpg

She was following the tracks that the Easter Bunny left behind.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05008.jpg

After church, our neighbors had a Easter egg hunt for the kids. It was a balmy 40 with a 15-20 MPH wind. Needless to say it was quite cold. It felt like winter... but the kids didn't mind.. they we having fun!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05015.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05016.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05027.jpg

We had my family over for lunch. You would of thought it was Christmas morning with all the gifts everyone brought Juliana. My grandmother brought her a huge bag filled with presents. This is Juliana checking to see if there were any left.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05035.jpg

Here is Juliana 'reading' her card to everyone. I wish I video taped this... it started something like this. "Once apon a time, in a far away kingdom" LOLOL

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC05038.jpg

We had a nice day of family and food. Oh well I guess I should get back to planning.:rolleyes1

shannon47142
04-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I was a lurker-reader on your first report and enjoyed reading it a lot!! Since I found this new report, I thought that I would stop and say hi. I look forward to reading about your plans! You have a beautiful family--thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

that's nice
04-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I was a lurker-reader on your first report and enjoyed reading it a lot!! Since I found this new report, I thought that I would stop and say hi. I look forward to reading about your plans! You have a beautiful family--thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading... I don't know what I'm doing with this TR:confused3 I really want to get some concrete plans but it's taking a while. So in the meantime I guess I'll try to keep the readers entertained!:rotfl:

maroo
04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Precious pics!!!! :)

I love her coat...looks like it was sure cold outside! Brrr!!!

And I love the bunny footsteps deal. So, does your Easter Bunny leave tracks? How does that work? :)

I usually use my pre-trip reports to plan trips...and just live life...like a blog/pre-trip report! :)

I am enjoying yours!! :)

that's nice
04-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Precious pics!!!! :)

I love her coat...looks like it was sure cold outside! Brrr!!!

And I love the bunny footsteps deal. So, does your Easter Bunny leave tracks? How does that work? :)

I usually use my pre-trip reports to plan trips...and just live life...like a blog/pre-trip report! :)

I am enjoying yours!! :)

Thanks Maroo......
Some how our Easter bunny must of hopped through some flour this year. His trail was from the front door to the table where Juliana's basket was. My wife comes up with this stuff...... I'm usually just along for the ride! LOL:rotfl2:

maroo
04-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks Maroo......
Some how our Easter bunny must of hopped through some flour this year. His trail was from the front door to the table where Juliana's basket was. My wife comes up with this stuff...... I'm usually just along for the ride! LOL:rotfl2:

Wow...

I am impressed.

Tell your wife that some crazy person from the DIS is very impressed. :lmao:

that's nice
04-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Wow...

I am impressed.

Tell your wife that some crazy person from the DIS is very impressed. :lmao:

LOLOL She calls me one of those crazy people from the DIS (or as she calls it 'those Disney boards') too!!!!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

lizet313
04-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Great Easter weekend :thumbsup2 I am glad you are enjoying every waking minute with your family before your schedule keeps you away. Juliana is Disney even in Easter lol I love her PJ's :love:She looks excited to read the Card.

jenseib
04-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Great pictures.
I haven't loaded any of my easter ones on the computer yet. I am still working on the dang Disney ones. LOL!
I wish I could start a pre trip report, but I have no clue when, or if we will go back. We always plan so last minute. Well I don't, but DH does.

tinkgurl
04-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Aw, looks like Easter was a blast!

that's nice
04-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Great Easter weekend :thumbsup2 I am glad you are enjoying every waking minute with your family before your schedule keeps you away. Juliana is Disney even in Easter lol I love her PJ's :love:She looks excited to read the Card.

Oh goodness! This kid has a ton of Disney clothes- from princesses to fairys to Mickey & Minnie. Not to mention all the Disney toys she has. I think every day is Disney here! LOL

Great pictures.
I haven't loaded any of my easter ones on the computer yet. I am still working on the dang Disney ones. LOL!
I wish I could start a pre trip report, but I have no clue when, or if we will go back. We always plan so last minute. Well I don't, but DH does.

I was told that you can start a PTR at any time. So once you are done with your TR time to start on the PTR!!! :lmao:
Aw, looks like Easter was a blast!

We had a good time but just every other holiday around here, we were shot by the time everyone left! Thank goodness we don't do Thanksgiving here.... that my sisters job!!!!!!LOL:goodvibes

tinkgurl
04-14-2009, 06:29 PM
We had a good time but just every other holiday around here, we were shot by the time everyone left! Thank goodness we don't do Thanksgiving here.... that my sisters job!!!!!!LOL:goodvibes

LOL...I knew siblings would come in handy for something. :lmao:

lizet313
04-15-2009, 07:51 AM
LOL everyday wow am jealous I wish everyday was disney at my house. My mom gets on me because I am always on the computer :surfweb: just looking for disney. :rotfl2: She hasn't experienced the magic so she doesn't know what she is missing.

shebaxric
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
I read your trip report and am on board for the PTR!! I wouldn't even know where to begin on a PTR! Yours is the first one I'm going to read!:goodvibes

that's nice
04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
LOL everyday wow am jealous I wish everyday was disney at my house. My mom gets on me because I am always on the computer :surfweb: just looking for disney. :rotfl2: She hasn't experienced the magic so she doesn't know what she is missing.

LOL. Between playing with her princess dolls, wearing her princess dresses, playing with her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, and reading her Disney stories practically everyday, I'd say everyday is Disney here!!!! :lmao:

I read your trip report and am on board for the PTR!! I wouldn't even know where to begin on a PTR! Yours is the first one I'm going to read!:goodvibes

Thanks for following. If you have any ideas let me know..... It's kinda slow in the planning department right now!:rotfl:

that's nice
04-15-2009, 06:29 PM
LOL...I knew siblings would come in handy for something. :lmao:

LOL..... Thats funny!:rotfl:

valleygirl
04-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Here's another Disney crazed New Englander checking in. I loved your last trip report. Juliana is adorable. I think you should definitely rent a house when you go with your friends. We rented a house in Formosa Gardens a couple of years ago with friends and it worked out great. The group included my husband and I and our then 12 year old daughter and our friend Chris, his girlfriend Katie and his son Colby who turned 8 during the trip. Everyone had their own space and we had a private pool. Chris is like a little kid and would immediately jump into the pool and entertain the kids when we got back from the parks. Katie is a bartender so she would immediately start making margaritas. Hubby and I would sit back and relax. Can't beat that!

jenseib
04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Here's another Disney crazed New Englander checking in. I loved your last trip report. Juliana is adorable. I think you should definitely rent a house when you go with your friends. We rented a house in Formosa Gardens a couple of years ago with friends and it worked out great. The group included my husband and I and our then 12 year old daughter and our friend Chris, his girlfriend Katie and his son Colby who turned 8 during the trip. Everyone had their own space and we had a private pool. Chris is like a little kid and would immediately jump into the pool and entertain the kids when we got back from the parks. Katie is a bartender so she would immediately start making margaritas. Hubby and I would sit back and relax. Can't beat that!

I think I need Chris and Katie to come on a trip with me! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :worship:

that's nice
04-17-2009, 05:15 PM

That sounds about right!!!!:goodvibes I have an update that I will post after I'm done writing this. Thanks for checkin out my TR & PTR.

I think I need Chris and Katie to come on a trip with me! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :worship:

Me too! Maybe I can rent them for the week!!!!!!!:lmao:

Booknut
04-17-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm in too, wouldn't miss another Juliana TR for all the tea in China! :cool1:

Hope you are all well :goodvibes

that's nice
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
OK.. well my plans have been stalling for the last few days. But we have had a breakthrough today.:banana: I was talking to my friend Dave on my drive to work(i'm here now) for 50 minutes. I think we have decided on the 2nd week in March for our joint trip:yay: We are going to rent a house from Saturday to Sunday. I think the dates will be March 6-14. That means we will be there for Juliana's birthday. My DW is cool with these dates and we will probably fly out a few days earlier and stop and see her grandparents again. Then drive over to the house for a Saturday check in!

Well that's it for now but I am really excited!

OK time to go have fun at work!!!!!! :goodvibes

MaryAz
04-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Yay, it is always good to have dates. The the wait begins for ADRs,park hours etc etc. Great Easter pics!

Booknut
04-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Loving your plans so far. We are hoping to stay at Windsor Hills with some close friends from Canada next Fall or in 2011 as it looks a great resort and is so close to WDW.

You're going to have soooooooooo much fun planning this, I can tell :woohoo:

maroo
04-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Oh this is fantastic!!!!!

Too bad you guys won't be there for MY birthday. But I guess that would not help you now, would it? :)

Do you have a 50 minute commute both ways every day? :eek: I am glad I live in Mississippi!!

that's nice
04-18-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm in too, wouldn't miss another Juliana TR for all the tea in China! :cool1:

Hope you are all well :goodvibes

Yes, are all doing well... thanks for asking:) This should be a great vacation. I can't believe it is 11 months away! Good thing we have another one planned for November!LOLOL:goodvibes

Yay, it is always good to have dates. The the wait begins for ADRs,park hours etc etc. Great Easter pics!

I think once I book a house I'll add my ticker!!!

Loving your plans so far. We are hoping to stay at Windsor Hills with some close friends from Canada next Fall or in 2011 as it looks a great resort and is so close to WDW.

You're going to have soooooooooo much fun planning this, I can tell :woohoo:

I've checked out quite a few houses in Windsor Hills. I love how close it is to WDW too. There are so many to choose from... decisions decisions:surfweb:

Oh this is fantastic!!!!!

Too bad you guys won't be there for MY birthday. But I guess that would not help you now, would it? :)

Do you have a 50 minute commute both ways every day? :eek: I am glad I live in Mississippi!!

It's kinda funny... We will be there for my birthday in Nov and Juliana's in March! I'll take my gift card thanks!!

I have different commutes every day. I'm a mobile DJ so I have to drive to where ever the party's at! Sometimes it's close and other times not so close. I travel throughout CT, southern MA, NY, RI, and I even did a wedding in Cape Cod this past fall (4hour drive)(turned into a mini vacation for us). I'm used to driving and CT traffic is usually terrible!!;)

scottny
04-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi,
Finally saw your link.

You might want to research if your wife wants to see the decorations. I thought last year the majority of them did not go up till Thanksgiving and a lot of people were upset because they went before thinking they would see them and they did not. I think I remember reading tr's about that.

Looking forward to more...

that's nice
04-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi,
Finally saw your link.

You might want to research if your wife wants to see the decorations. I thought last year the majority of them did not go up till Thanksgiving and a lot of people were upset because they went before thinking they would see them and they did not. I think I remember reading tr's about that.

Looking forward to more...

I heard something about that too..... But I thought the decorations were up in MK because Mickey's Christmas Party would be going on while we were there.... Time to do some more research!!! Except I have a long day tomorrow I think I need to goto bed and get some sleep. Thanks for the info!:goodvibes

scottny
04-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Not sure. I thought only the decorations for the party were up. I would look around, hate for you to be disappointed.

scottny
04-18-2009, 01:20 AM
I found this. It is about last year. I highlighted some things. MK should be doen by the 10th but resorts and others not till Thanksgiving. Also Osborne Lights are not till after Thanksgiving. Maybe it will change for this year but who really knows. The Osborne Lights were the best and the highlight from our trip.

Christmas Decorations
Christmas decorations at the Walt Disney World Resort usually begin going up around the first of November. The decorations are gradually added at night and are substantially complete at Magic Kingdom by the time of the first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (in 2009, that's November 10), with the resorts and other parks completed by Thanksgiving. The decorations start coming down around January 1st.

The Disney resorts are all decorated for the holidays, as are the theme parks. Each theme park will have an enormous decorated Christmas tree and so will the Deluxe resort lobbies.

Deluxe Resort Edible Holiday Displays

Among the especially amazing decorations are the edible holiday displays whipped up by pastry chefs throughout Walt Disney World Resort. Gingerbread goodies are sold nearby. Most of the displays open on Thanksgiving weekend. Beach Club Resort usually has a fully detailed, life-sized gingerbread carousel in the lobby. The lobby of Yacht Club Resort offers a miniature New England-style train racing through a sugary rock mountain surrounded by a candy-coated model village. The lobby of BoardWalk Resort is home to Santa's Workshop as well as a customized BoardWalk train. A holiday toy shop made of sugar and chocolate, featuring Pinocchio himself, is the sweet spot for Disney's Contemporary Resort guests to purchase treats and toys on the 4th floor of the tower building.

The biggest edible production is a gingerbread house at Grand Floridian Resort that is large enough that it doubles as a real bake shop. Featuring gingerbread using a classic Austrian recipe, the bake shop offers freshly baked items such as cookies, ornaments and miniature gingerbread houses. Other homemade items for sale may include Stollen Bread, chocolate peppermint bark, lollipops and special Grand Floridian logo boxes filled with truffles. Demonstrations of how to decorate a gingerbread house take place in front of the bake shop six days a week.

American Adventure at Epcot

Santa's Gingerbread Bake Shop at Liberty Inn at American Adventure enchants guests of all ages. Guests peer inside the life-sized gingerbread house at goodies galore. The giant structure, made entirely of gingerbread, cookies and icing, features a bake shop selling Christmas cookies and hot and cold beverages, as well as souvenir gingerbread recipe cards. The bake shop usually opens in late November.

Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights: THE BEST THING TO SEE THERE AT CHRISTMAS
For the 2008 holiday season, this display was offered November 28-January 4. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights is included in regular admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Epcot Holidays Around the World
For 2008, the special holiday fun took place daily from November 28 through December 30. Holidays Around the World is included with regular Epcot admission.

Candlelight Processional:
In 2009 it will be offered from November 27 through December 30. There are normally three performances each night, at 5:00, 6:45 and 8:00 pm. Each show runs about 40 minutes. You'll need to line up at LEAST 45 minutes prior to the show if you want to have any hope of getting in (or buy the Dining Package for guaranteed entry).

SRUAlmn
04-18-2009, 07:30 AM
We went last year from the day before Thanksgiving through the Sunday after. Everything was up in all the parks and resorts, but I do remember that the Osborne Lights didn't start until the day after Thanksgiving. It's definitely something NOT TO MISS. They are absolutely incredible and pictures don't do them justice :) We also saw the Candelight Processional and it was really cool. I would say if you can swing it to go later in November, it would totally be worth it to get to also see these two events. They're spectacular!

that's nice
04-19-2009, 12:02 AM
Well there was another productive day planning.... this time for our fall trip. The funny thing was that I wasn't involved with any of it. I was working all day. My wife was on the phone with her cousins wife trying to find out which dates would be better for us to come down. They decided on October 4th for the baptism so that means a few things. First, we won't be at WDW for my birthday.:( Second, we won't be there for the Christmas Party :( Third, we won't be getting a nice AP discount on a room :(

BUT NOW THE GOOD NEWS........ We will be there for FREE DINING. After my DW was done speaking with her CW she went online to check out flights... and ended booking our flights!!!!!!:cool1::cool1: We are flying out on Saturday October 3rd at 8am arriving in Orlando by 10:30 and we are staying until Thursday night!!!!!!:banana::banana: I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott.. thanks for finding that info for me. I guess I won't be needing it this time LOL

scottny
04-19-2009, 12:56 AM
No problem.

I arrive the day after you leave.

jenseib
04-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Yay for free dining!

tinkgurl
04-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Well free dining is still awesome! :woohoo:

that's nice
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
No problem.

I arrive the day after you leave.

Did you figure out if you were going to drive or fly?

Yay for free dining!
Well free dining is still awesome! :woohoo:

I'm kinda disappointed that we won't be there for my birthday... but it's OK. The Food and Wine Festival will be going on while we are there too!! I was reading about it and I couldn't help but notice that there are free samples of beer and wine:thumbsup2 Can't go wrong with that!!!!!

Having FD might allow us to check out some other restaurants that we haven't tried yet!!!!:woohoo::yay::cheer2::dance3::banana:

tbelfonti
04-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm kinda disappointed that we won't be there for my birthday... but it's OK. The Food and Wine Festival will be going on while we are there too!! I was reading about it and I couldn't help but notice that there are free samples of beer and wine:thumbsup2 Can't go wrong with that!!!!!

Having FD might allow us to check out some other restaurants that we haven't tried yet!!!!:woohoo::yay::cheer2::dance3::banana:

F&W Festival is GREAT. Was there last October on my solo trip (shh, don't tell the kids :laughing:) and I loved checking everything out.

Is there ANY character meals you HAVEN'T been to? ;) ;)

that's nice
04-19-2009, 08:21 PM
F&W Festival is GREAT. Was there last October on my solo trip (shh, don't tell the kids :laughing:) and I loved checking everything out.

Is there ANY character meals you HAVEN'T been to? ;) ;)

Ummmm.. we haven't been to Donald's Safari Breakfast and Cape May breakfast. These might be the only 2:rotfl2:

I think it's time for a countdown counter!!!!!:rotfl:

that's nice
04-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Well tonight we put a room at POP on hold through a TA. And we already received our confirmation from Disney!!! We'll see if we stay at POP standard room, change to a preferred room, or just upgrade to a mod! I want to say we won't upgrade but I loved CSR so much I'd like to go back!

DW and I started talking about where we wanted to eat. We have 2 places that are a definite - Kona breakfast and Crystal Palace dinner. We aren't going to eat at Disney on Saturday or Sunday, so we will have 4 days to use our TS & CS meals. I'd like to eat at Le Cellier again and maybe even try to see Fantasmic this time. Also MNSSHP will be going on Wednesday while we are there... so will will have to think about this too. I guess that's the update for today. We are already doing the Disney dance.:banana: I'm going to be checking out some dining reviews and try to come up with more ideas of where we want to eat.

We told Juliana that we are going back to Disney and she started jumping around!:cool1: Then she wanted to know if we were leaving tomorrow!LOLOL:lmao::rotfl:

KatMark
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Okay, Tim! How did I NOT know you had a pre-trip report going on? Where have I been? With my head under the sand (probably on the beach at the Cabanas).

that's nice
04-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Okay, Tim! How did I NOT know you had a pre-trip report going on? Where have I been? With my head under the sand (probably on the beach at the Cabanas).

That's OK... now you can join in too!!! I wish I was relaxing on one of those hammocks:drinking1:drinking: Now if I can only make a small upgrade I'd be OK! LOL

jenseib
04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Juliana will love Pop.

She sounds like Claire. When I told her we were going ,she asked everyday if it was the day to leave. LOL!

that's nice
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Juliana will love Pop.

She sounds like Claire. When I told her we were going ,she asked everyday if it was the day to leave. LOL!

I just saw all your Epcot pics! I haven't had a chance to read though all the posts though since Friday. Your TR is twice as long as mine. I'm trying to keep up but its tough when I miss 1 or 2 days!!! LOL:lmao:

jenseib
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
I just saw all your Epcot pics! I haven't had a chance to read though all the posts though since Friday. Your TR is twice as long as mine. I'm trying to keep up but its tough when I miss 1 or 2 days!!! LOL:lmao:

LOL! :rotfl2: I posted alot today, but I'll slow down for you! :thumbsup2

that's nice
04-20-2009, 03:41 PM
I was going through my list of restaurants that I was researching for our last trip and I came across a few places that I was thinking eating at but didn't make our final list. Here is the list- Whispering Canyon, Cape May Cafe, Boma, Donald's Safari Breakfast AK, and Coral Reef. My DW was asking me about the Hoop-Dee-Doo.. she heard that it was good. It sounds like it would be fun except I don't know what Juliana would eat. I also don't know if Juliana would find anything she would like at Boma.:confused3

I also was thinking about eating at Beaches & Cream......

Geez... I'm 6 months way and I'm already getting nuts about this!:rotfl:

KatMark
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I was going through my list of restaurants that I was researching for our last trip and I came across a few places that I was thinking eating at but didn't make our final list. Here is the list- Whispering Canyon, Cape May Cafe, Boma, Donald's Safari Breakfast AK, and Coral Reef. My DW was asking me about the Hoop-Dee-Doo.. she heard that it was good. It sounds like it would be fun except I don't know what Juliana would eat. I also don't know if Juliana would find anything she would like at Boma.:confused3

Tim, have to be honest with you--we didn't care for WCC at all. My DH got sick on the food and the service was awful. I understand Boma is better for breakfast than dinner if you are worried about too many different flavors/spices. We love Cape May Cafe--both for breakfast and we enjoyed dinner too!

tinkgurl
04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Okay, here's just my opinions: Whispering Canyon is such a fun restaurant. I think Juliana would get a kick out of it! Cape May Cafe does have good food. I think there's characters there for breakfast! Same with Donald's Safari Breakfast. I don't know if she'd like Boma, but I may be wrong. I also, I can't remember if there's a kids buffet there or not. The Coral Reef would be fun. She'd love sitting next to the tank and looking at the fish/scuba divers. The Hoop-Dee-Doo is a good show with good food. If Juliana likes entertainment, she'll have a great time. I think this one takes 2 TS's.

lizet313
04-20-2009, 04:18 PM
All updated wow did I miss alot. Where did my time go :confused3? LOL well anyways great time to go Food and Wine Festival can't go wrong with free samples I can't recommend any restaurants I have only tried Tony's, 50's prime time, Tuskers for lunch and Nine Tails which were all good :thumbsup2.

tbelfonti
04-20-2009, 07:10 PM

Whispering Canyon is a MUST DO. You'll all LOVE IT!
Boma was amazing - awesome. They have kid fare there as well.
Coral Reef was good. My hubby isn't a fan of eating fish so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have otherwise (because I'm stressing he is not going to enjoy his meal).

that's nice
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Tim, have to be honest with you--we didn't care for WCC at all. My DH got sick on the food and the service was awful. I understand Boma is better for breakfast than dinner if you are worried about too many different flavors/spices. We love Cape May Cafe--both for breakfast and we enjoyed dinner too!

It seems there are a lot of people that either love or hate WCC. I've also read that the service is hit or miss.:confused3 Maybe we will try Cape May (B), that would be one character meal we haven't done yet! LOL :lmao:

Okay, here's just my opinions: Whispering Canyon is such a fun restaurant. I think Juliana would get a kick out of it! Cape May Cafe does have good food. I think there's characters there for breakfast! Same with Donald's Safari Breakfast. I don't know if she'd like Boma, but I may be wrong. I also, I can't remember if there's a kids buffet there or not. The Coral Reef would be fun. She'd love sitting next to the tank and looking at the fish/scuba divers. The Hoop-Dee-Doo is a good show with good food. If Juliana likes entertainment, she'll have a great time. I think this one takes 2 TS's.

I don't know if I'd want to use 2TS's on a meal????? Although when we are there we won't be eating at Disney on Saturday or Sunday because we will be spending time with Melody's family. So we will have 4 days to use the 5TS and 5CS.

All updated wow did I miss alot. Where did my time go :confused3? LOL well anyways great time to go Food and Wine Festival can't go wrong with free samples I can't recommend any restaurants I have only tried Tony's, 50's prime time, Tuskers for lunch and Nine Tails which were all good :thumbsup2.

I was thinking about maybe trying 50's PT for lunch... but it seems when we are in DHS we are always 'running' around. Don't know if we would want to have a TS for lunch and dinner:confused3

Whispering Canyon is a MUST DO. You'll all LOVE IT!
Boma was amazing - awesome. They have kid fare there as well.
Coral Reef was good. My hubby isn't a fan of eating fish so I didn't enjoy myself as much as I would have otherwise (because I'm stressing he is not going to enjoy his meal).

Did your husband end up eating fish at Coral Reef or did he have a steak or pork chops? At Boma is the kids menu 'normal' because when I was checking out the menu it seemed there wasn't the normal kids mac & cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, etc....?

tbelfonti
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Did your husband end up eating fish at Coral Reef or did he have a steak or pork chops? At Boma is the kids menu 'normal' because when I was checking out the menu it seemed there wasn't the normal kids mac & cheese, pizza, chicken fingers, etc....?

Arnie had steak - but he doesn't eat mushrooms so he had it plain so it was "boring" and "had no flavor" :lol

Boma's - ok ... we didn't bring the kid's to that meal Iused kid's club for our anniversary) so I'm not 100% of the kid's menu now that I think about it. I know they had plain pasta on the buffet. Arnie is REALLY picky and yet he LOVED it.

jenseib
04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
LOVED Hoop Dee Doo. I bet Juliana would love it. Claire is mesmorized the whole time. She doesn't eat alot there, but some. Last year she ate alomost a whole bucket of salad herself. This year she's decided she doesn't like salad.

But we got her to eat a little during the breaks.

I really liked Whispering Canyon, but if you get the skillet the food is almost the same as at HDDR. But they have awesome milkshales. LOL! And it was fun.
And as you know, we enjoyed Cape May as well.

tinkgurl
04-21-2009, 09:19 AM
Maybe try youtubing the Hoop-Dee-Doo show and see if it'd be worth the 2 TS for you??

Mommy2LittleVols
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm a little late, but checking in for the pre-TR. :) popcorn::

We are also going for FD and staying at POP, but we are leaving 2 days before you arrive.

that's nice
04-21-2009, 01:51 PM
LOVED Hoop Dee Doo. I bet Juliana would love it. Claire is mesmorized the whole time. She doesn't eat alot there, but some. Last year she ate alomost a whole bucket of salad herself. This year she's decided she doesn't like salad.

But we got her to eat a little during the breaks.

I really liked Whispering Canyon, but if you get the skillet the food is almost the same as at HDDR. But they have awesome milkshales. LOL! And it was fun.
And as you know, we enjoyed Cape May as well.

I just went back and re-read the Hoop-Dee-Doo part of your TR(page 31-32 if anyone else wanted to check it out!LOL) I think Juliana would have a good time and probably love the entertainment but the menu:confused3 Do you know if you can order anything else for kids besides the family style items?

Maybe try youtubing the Hoop-Dee-Doo show and see if it'd be worth the 2 TS for you??

I will check it out later:thumbsup2 I never think to search for this type of stuff on youtube. I'm always looking for 'stupid' stuff on there!!LOL

I'm a little late, but checking in for the pre-TR. :) popcorn::

We are also going for FD and staying at POP, but we are leaving 2 days before you arrive.

DW and I were checking out pictures from POP (i think jenseib started it!!!!) this morning and DW was loving all the pictures. Too bad we weren't going a few days earlier, I've never met s DISer before!!! Thanks for checking out my PTR!! Do you have a PTR started???

that's nice
04-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Arnie had steak - but he doesn't eat mushrooms so he had it plain so it was "boring" and "had no flavor" :lol

Boma's - ok ... we didn't bring the kid's to that meal Iused kid's club for our anniversary) so I'm not 100% of the kid's menu now that I think about it. I know they had plain pasta on the buffet. Arnie is REALLY picky and yet he LOVED it.

I don't love mushrooms either but I just push them to the side. I like mushroom dishes like chicken marcella, i just don't eat the shrooms. The mushroom filet at Le Cellier was the bomb... i couldn't imagine it with out the sauce.:goodvibes

my2disneyboys
04-21-2009, 02:16 PM
We really liked Cape May! The resort is beautiful and I think what I like the most about this breakfast was taking the boat to the boardwalk and walking around the grounds at the resort. It made for a nice morning! The food and characters were really good too.

Boma was awesome- the resort again was so nice to look around. It felt like we were dining someplace really nice and yet having little ones with us didn't feel out of place at all! - If you do eat here, remember to ask the chef to make you his fried oreos. I have a pic of them on my PTR. They were yummy and something he only does once in awhile...so we were lucky!
We are going back on this trip- and they have a campfire at night, with story and I think we may check it out after dinner or they have some night vision thing?? at the safari which would be cool too!

Mommy2LittleVols
04-21-2009, 02:32 PM
DW and I were checking out pictures from POP (i think jenseib started it!!!!) this morning and DW was loving all the pictures. Too bad we weren't going a few days earlier, I've never met s DISer before!!! Thanks for checking out my PTR!! Do you have a PTR started???

This will be our first time at POP, too, and I am addicted to the POP picture thread! I get pumped for the trip every time I look at it! :banana: I know, I wish our dates overlapped. I've never met a DISer, either. I would have loved to have met your little Juliana! She is such a doll!

I just started my Pre-TR today, so there's not much in it yet. But please come check it out! :goodvibes I'll be updating regularly. The link is in my sig.

jenseib
04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Yes you can order other food. I'm not sure how you do it, but ask when you make the ADR. Or post that question on the restaurant board. But I have heard of lots of people getting things like mac and cheese or hotdogs for there kids, but it is better for them to know ahead of time. But I think if worse comes to worse you can ask then too. They go over to the trails end restaurant and get it.

Yes I started that Pop thread after our first stay 2 years ago. People were always asking for pictures and I had a hard time finding many before the trip and now there are a zillion of them. I love it! It really took off. :banana:

that's nice
04-21-2009, 11:43 PM
We really liked Cape May! The resort is beautiful and I think what I like the most about this breakfast was taking the boat to the boardwalk and walking around the grounds at the resort. It made for a nice morning! The food and characters were really good too.

Boma was awesome- the resort again was so nice to look around. It felt like we were dining someplace really nice and yet having little ones with us didn't feel out of place at all! - If you do eat here, remember to ask the chef to make you his fried oreos. I have a pic of them on my PTR. They were yummy and something he only does once in awhile...so we were lucky!
We are going back on this trip- and they have a campfire at night, with story and I think we may check it out after dinner or they have some night vision thing?? at the safari which would be cool too!

We saw the storytelling when we we were there in March. We were just passing by though. I didn't know about the fried oreos.... this will be going in my notes. THANKS!!!!:goodvibes

This will be our first time at POP, too, and I am addicted to the POP picture thread! I get pumped for the trip every time I look at it! :banana: I know, I wish our dates overlapped. I've never met a DISer, either. I would have loved to have met your little Juliana! She is such a doll!

I just started my Pre-TR today, so there's not much in it yet. But please come check it out! :goodvibes I'll be updating regularly. The link is in my sig.

I posted on your PTR. I'm following about 20 PTR & TR's. My list is growing every day! I was a little bummed about staying at POP, but after seeing the pictures in the POP thread, I think Juliana (and us) will have fun there.:goodvibes

Yes you can order other food. I'm not sure how you do it, but ask when you make the ADR. Or post that question on the restaurant board. But I have heard of lots of people getting things like mac and cheese or hotdogs for there kids, but it is better for them to know ahead of time. But I think if worse comes to worse you can ask then too. They go over to the trails end restaurant and get it.

Yes I started that Pop thread after our first stay 2 years ago. People were always asking for pictures and I had a hard time finding many before the trip and now there are a zillion of them. I love it! It really took off. :banana:

That's good to know about ordering food at HDD. I'll do a few searches over on the restaurants board and see what I can find out..... That POP thread is loooong, I'll have to limit myself to 10 pages a day! LOL

tinkgurl
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I will check it out later:thumbsup2 I never think to search for this type of stuff on youtube. I'm always looking for 'stupid' stuff on there!!LOL

LOL. You sound just like my B/F. Let me know what you find/think of HDDR!

that's nice
04-22-2009, 02:29 PM
LOL. You sound just like my B/F. Let me know what you find/think of HDDR!

I watched a few short clips with Juliana. She kept asking me what they were saying.LOL It looks fun! Hummmmm It might be between HHD and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.:confused3 I still have 3 months to figure this out:)

tinkgurl
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
I watched a few short clips with Juliana. She kept asking me what they were saying.LOL It looks fun! Hummmmm It might be between HHD and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.:confused3 I still have 3 months to figure this out:)

Better make sure you find out what they serve at each thing...they might be a lot alike!

that's nice
04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Last night a couple friends and I went to the NEW Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees play the A's. Going to the old stadium since I was a kid, it was weird walking into this stadium. Seeing it in person was awesome. It is huge! The field looks like the old field, but every thing else is totally different. The seats were comfortable, the food was good, and the atmosphere was electric! The video board in center field was the biggest TV I ever saw in my life.

Here is a view walking past the old stadium.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05043.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05044.jpg

Here is the atrium.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05046.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05047.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05052.jpg

Couple shots of the field.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05048.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05049.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05054.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05055.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05058.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05069.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05059.jpg

My friends Bill and Mike and Me.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05051.jpg

that's nice
04-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Derek Jeter

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05060.jpg

Andy Pettitte

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05063.jpg

Jeter batting.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05068.jpg

Posada on first chatting with Jason Giambi.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05074.jpg

Yankee store with a huge TV over it.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05078.jpg

This is the view inside the Mohegan Sun Bar in center field. There is tinted glass that you look through.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Yankees%20Pics/DSC05080.jpg

We had a great time at the game and the Yankees won too 5-3. :yay::woohoo::banana:

tinkgurl
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Woo! The baseball game looks like it was fun! Glad the Yankees won for ya! :)

shannon47142
04-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Cool pics of the stadium!! I grew up in New Jersey for the summers and old Yankee Stadium was our home away from home--thanks for sharing the photos!
My sister was in the city last weekend and went to the new Shea stadium(I know its called Citi-Bank or something, but it'll always be the new Shea to us!) and also had great pictures!:goodvibes

that's nice
04-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Cool pics of the stadium!! I grew up in New Jersey for the summers and old Yankee Stadium was our home away from home--thanks for sharing the photos!
My sister was in the city last weekend and went to the new Shea stadium(I know its called Citi-Bank or something, but it'll always be the new Shea to us!) and also had great pictures!:goodvibes

The new Shea is called Citi Field. I'm going there the last week of May with a few friends who are Mets fans. I'm sure we will have a good time there too!:goodvibes

I didn't know if anyone would even care to see the pics. I really don't know if there are any baseball fans out there reading my PTR. Plus this doesn't have anything to do with Disney:confused3

my2disneyboys
04-22-2009, 08:23 PM
:headache: Yankees (ok, just kidding) But did you expect anything less from me??
The stadium does look great- but it should since you have the most expensive ticket price in all of MLB!

What are the dates you are going back on your trips? Wayne told me tonight that after this trip we can start planning a trip for MNSSHP in 2010! So excited- now having the trip end will not be so sad for me!!

that's nice
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
:headache: Yankees (ok, just kidding) But did you expect anything less from me??
The stadium does look great- but it should since you have the most expensive ticket price in all of MLB!

What are the dates you are going back on your trips? Wayne told me tonight that after this trip we can start planning a trip for MNSSHP in 2010! So excited- now having the trip end will not be so sad for me!!

It is the most expensive average because there are 104 seats that are $2500 each:scared1: There are also tickets priced in the $500-$1500 range too. You wouldn't catch me anywhere near those seats. My ticket was $20 upperdeck and you can walk around the stadium and check out other areas too. There are many areas where you can stand and watch the game.....even right behind homeplate! We also got into the Mohegan Sun Bar which normally you need a special ticket to get in to. That is where the tinted glass is in center field. It was cool in there but I wouldn't pay extra to be in there. A 16oz beer in the stands was $9 and in the Mohegan Bar it was $11 for a Brooklyn draft. You have to go to this stadium with a small fortune in your pocket to be able to buy anything! LOL

We are going October 3-8 2009 (definite) and March 6-14 2010 as of now. While we are there this October we are going to do MNSSHP on 10/7. We went last year the day we arrived and while it was fun, Juliana was shot because she was up since 5am with no nap!!!!!

maroo
04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Cool pics of the stadium and players!!!!!! :)

And, yes, I am now caught up! :goodvibes

KatMark
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Both of our boys are HUGE sports fans--most any sport, they are a fan. Our oldest played baseball from the time he was five through freshman year of college and is a diehard Cubs fan. He probably knows more about sports and trivia than most older adults (he is 23). He now coaches a 14-year old travel baseall team as well as being an assistant coach for the sophomore team of one of the local high schools. He and one of his good friends took a road trip last year and went to New York to see the old Yankee Stadium before it came down and then they went to Boston to see the Red Sox at Fenway Park (and it turned out they were playing the Chicago White Sox--and believe me when I say he cheered for Boston--we do not like the White Sox in this house). He didn't stop talking about it for weeks after he got back. Thanks for sharing pictures of the new Yankee Stadium.

that's nice
04-22-2009, 10:42 PM
Cool pics of the stadium and players!!!!!! :)

And, yes, I am now caught up! :goodvibes

Glad you have caught up.;)
The Wish thread has been on fire for the last week or so. I'm even having a hard time keeping up with it!

Both of our boys are HUGE sports fans--most any sport, they are a fan. Our oldest played baseball from the time he was five through freshman year of college and is a diehard Cubs fan. He probably knows more about sports and trivia than most older adults (he is 23). He now coaches a 14-year old travel baseall team as well as being an assistant coach for the sophomore team of one of the local high schools. He and one of his good friends took a road trip last year and went to New York to see the old Yankee Stadium before it came down and then they went to Boston to see the Red Sox at Fenway Park (and it turned out they were playing the Chicago White Sox--and believe me when I say he cheered for Boston--we do not like the White Sox in this house). He didn't stop talking about it for weeks after he got back. Thanks for sharing pictures of the new Yankee Stadium.

I played baseball growing up until high school. When I was a freshman I played football then basketball. Football season started in July (captains practice) and ran till Thanksgiving. Basketball started the Monday after Thanksgiving. So I had a 3 day break in-between the 2 seasons. By the time basketball season ended freshman year I was burnt out. So I didn't play baseball anymore. I tried out for the team when I was a junior but after not playing for 2 years I lost it. I still love the game though and love the Yankees!!:goodvibes

that's nice
04-23-2009, 11:41 AM
We are about to eat breakfast this morning and I hear the mail man driving up the street. I'm anxious to get out there and see if my photopass CD is in there. But Juliana just started eating and she wanted to go out with me. I eat my breakfast and Juliana is eating soooo slow(what else is new?) She finally finishes eating, we walk out, get to the mail box, and guess what???? NO CD. I'm kinda disappointed but what ever.. maybe tomorrow. I get inside and start going through the mail.......

What do I see????????? A piece of mail from Mickey!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/JuianaAtDisney006.jpg

It is addressed to DW. We open it up and we got our 1st pin code!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/JuianaAtDisney008.jpg

Too bad we can't use it... but I guess that means that we are on some list at Disney.:cool1: Hopefully we will get more PIN's in the future!!!:banana:

It is weird that it was addressed to DW, we've always used my name and CC's to book everything at Disney. She did mention that she requested a planning CD a while back (few years)?:confused3:confused3

KatMark
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
We are about to eat breakfast this morning and I hear the mail man driving up the street. I'm anxious to get out there and see if my photopass CD is in there. But Juliana just started eating and she wanted to go out with me. I eat my breakfast and Juliana is eating soooo slow(what else is new?) She finally finishes eating, we walk out, get to the mail box, and guess what???? NO CD. I'm kinda disappointed but what ever.. maybe tomorrow. I get inside and start going through the mail.......

What do I see????????? A piece of mail from Mickey!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/JuianaAtDisney006.jpg

It is addressed to DW. We open it up and we got our 1st pin code!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/JuianaAtDisney008.jpg

Too bad we can't use it... but I guess that means that we are on some list at Disney.:cool1: Hopefully we will get more PIN's in the future!!!:banana:

It is weird that it was addressed to DW, we've always used my name and CC's to book everything at Disney. She did mention that she requested a planning CD a while back (few years)?:confused3:confused3

Good for you. I hope this does mean you'll get more in the future...and that you can use them. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have NEVER gotten a pin code! :confused3

tbelfonti
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Oh pins are SO exciting!!!

I too never receive pins ... they apparently don't love me as much as I love them ;)

Mommy2LittleVols
04-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Love the stadium pics! We're not hardcore Yankee fans, but I've always wanted to go see a game. We just never seem to find the time when we're in NY.

Hooray for a PIN code! We've only gotten one that I know of, and the only reason I even know about that one is b/c after I found these boards, I called and asked if we had any discounts attached to our names. DH had a 40% room discount that would have been perfect for the dates we wanted to go in December...but it had expired on 3/31 and I think it was something like 4/3 when I called. :( I was bummed b/c we never got anything in the mail or an email or anything. But then I found out about Free Dining and all was well again. :rotfl:

that's nice
04-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Good for you. I hope this does mean you'll get more in the future...and that you can use them. In over 20 visits to Disney, we have NEVER gotten a pin code! :confused3

My DW was saying if this is a good deal let's go!!!! :lmao: Although I love Disney, 5 trips in 2 years is quite enough. There might be more to see in this world than Disney:scared1: (Please don't FLAME me for this statement!! LOL)

Oh pins are SO exciting!!!
I too never receive pins ... they apparently don't love me as much as I love them ;)

Well this was only our 1st. I've read (on here) that some people get them all the time? Too bad there isn't a way to figure all this out?

Love the stadium pics! We're not hardcore Yankee fans, but I've always wanted to go see a game. We just never seem to find the time when we're in NY.

Hooray for a PIN code! We've only gotten one that I know of, and the only reason I even know about that one is b/c after I found these boards, I called and asked if we had any discounts attached to our names. DH had a 40% room discount that would have been perfect for the dates we wanted to go in December...but it had expired on 3/31 and I think it was something like 4/3 when I called. :( I was bummed b/c we never got anything in the mail or an email or anything. But then I found out about Free Dining and all was well again. :rotfl:

The new stadium is so much bigger than the old one. Change is tough sometimes... it's time for the Yankees to make some new memories in the new stadium. (Like winning the world series this year!!):happytv:

Free dining is a good deal. I'm still scared looking at what we spent being on the DDP and all the OOP meals we bought as well.:eek: We were trying to do our part in stimulating the economy!!:rotfl:

jenseib
04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
I got one of those about 2 days ago too. They are always addressed to me because I am the one signed up on the Disney site and request the CD. But our trips are always booked in DH's name. I wish we could go too, but I think free dining for the whole family is a better deal for us. But of course we're not doing that either. LOL! I wish I could give my DH some of the koolaid you drank. :lmao:

that's nice
04-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I got one of those about 2 days ago too. They are always addressed to me because I am the one signed up on the Disney site and request the CD. But our trips are always booked in DH's name. I wish we could go too, but I think free dining for the whole family is a better deal for us. But of course we're not doing that either. LOL! I wish I could give my DH some of the koolaid you drank. :lmao:

It might of been what was IN the koolaid!!:drinking1 :lmao:

jenseib
04-23-2009, 03:09 PM
:goodvibes He had a few drinks, but just might not have been the right ones. :hippie:

my2disneyboys
04-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Too bad you can't use the pin? It wouldnt work for either of the two trips you are planning?? Hopefully you will get another one.

Help me decide... do we purchase a photo cd before we go or do we just buy the prints when we get home? (I probably would want just a few pictures- because I plan on taking a million with my camera)

So.... did you see the game last night? 2 outs- Yankees up by 2 and Jason Bay hits a home run to tie up the game!! Game goes into overtime and Youk hits a home run to win the game for the Sox! Great game- but can expect anything less from a Yankee/Sox game?!

jenseib
04-25-2009, 08:30 AM
It's more economical to buy the CD. prints are very expensive and if you buy 3 or 4 you basically could've bought the CD. And hten you can print as many as you want.

that's nice
04-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Too bad you can't use the pin? It wouldnt work for either of the two trips you are planning?? Hopefully you will get another one.

Help me decide... do we purchase a photo cd before we go or do we just buy the prints when we get home? (I probably would want just a few pictures- because I plan on taking a million with my camera)

So.... did you see the game last night? 2 outs- Yankees up by 2 and Jason Bay hits a home run to tie up the game!! Game goes into overtime and Youk hits a home run to win the game for the Sox! Great game- but can expect anything less from a Yankee/Sox game?!

Yes.. I was watching the game till the top of the 10th... then I passed out. We got killed to day too.... We need to salvage the series with a win tomorrow.

It's more economical to buy the CD. prints are very expensive and if you buy 3 or 4 you basically could've bought the CD. And hten you can print as many as you want.

I agree with this..... If you think you might want a few pictures they are $15 each! So even if you wanted 3-4 pics that would bring you up to $60. If you pre-purchase the CD it is $100.

that's nice
04-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I haven't posted much here in the last few days. BT work and the gorgeous weather, I've only been checking in for a few minutes at a time.

DW & I started talking a bit more about where we want to eat during our stay.... She says since I made ALL the ressies last time she wants to give her input this time. LOL

As long as I have my Kona breakfast!!!!! LOL:goodvibes

SRUAlmn
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM

If you want to try something new, and if Juliana likes animals, the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom has Tonga Toast on their breakfast menu :thumbsup2

NotSoEvilStepmother
04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Just spent the morning reading your last TR and I knew I had to be a part of this. Joining in. :3dglasses

PopArtGal
04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I just joined you. Why did I not notice this before!!!

jenseib
04-26-2009, 03:35 PM
If you want to try something new, and if Juliana likes animals, the Rainforest Cafe at the Animal Kingdom has Tonga Toast on their breakfast menu :thumbsup2

I don't tyhink they are on the dining plan though, are they?

SRUAlmn
04-26-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't tyhink they are on the dining plan though, are they?

Oh! No, sorry! I don't think they are. We never use the DDP, so that didn't even cross my mind. Sorry!

PopArtGal
04-26-2009, 04:08 PM
I found some 'OLD SCHOOL' pictures of Juliana and Victoria.

This is the first time they met. At the hopsital.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2061.jpg

Girls day out.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2136.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2140.jpg

Seeing who could crawl first.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSCN2770.jpg

Already planning to terrorize their parents.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/random%20pics/DSC00041.jpg

Adorable!

Oh I want babies! :rotfl:

tinkgurl
04-27-2009, 09:24 AM
DW & I started talking a bit more about where we want to eat during our stay.... She says since I made ALL the ressies last time she wants to give her input this time. LOL

Tonga Toast! Tonga Toast!

that's nice
04-27-2009, 09:31 AM

That's good to know. I didn't realize that they had it there!

Just spent the morning reading your last TR and I knew I had to be a part of this. Joining in. :3dglasses

Thanks for joining in.... I'm trying to finish up my TR too.:goodvibes

I just joined you. Why did I not notice this before!!!

Adorable!

Oh I want babies! :rotfl:

LOL. Here is 3 things you need to have when you have kids. 1. Patience 2. PaTiEnCe 3. PATIENCE

LOL:lmao:

Aren't you a teacher? I thought teachers never want to have their 'own' kids? LOLOL

Tonga Toast! Tonga Toast!

That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

PopArtGal
04-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Yep. I want my own kids to raise them differently from the ones I teach to hehe

SRUAlmn
04-27-2009, 04:41 PM

Me too! AMEN! :rotfl2:

onelilspark
04-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I have an AP, not sure if you've decided on that route (though it seems like it might be best to me) but here's some things you might want to think about with it:
1) You don't have to pay for parking if you're not staying on site (March :rolleyes1) That's a $12/day savings to factor in.
2) You can buy it at any time, they'll mail you a voucher (if you don't buy it at the Disney Store) and your year doesn't start until you activate it at the parks. Meaning, if they decide to raise their prices again in August this year again, get thee to a phone!

Oh...and Yankees? :sad2:

that's nice
04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Me too! AMEN! :rotfl2:

I hope we are raising our daughter right... I think we are. (i hope!):rolleyes:

We were at the park yesterday and Juliana was waiting at the top of a slide.. there was a little girl taking her time going down. While she was waiting another little girl.. probably around 4 .. came behind Juliana and pushed her pretty hard. Before I even had chance to say anything, the mother that was waiting at the bottom of the slide for the little girl, still going down, scolded her(wasn't her kid). So then Juliana went down the slide and I called her over to me. I told her to stay away from the 'mean' girl, and that it isn't nice to push people. The mom from the mean girl could of cared less.:confused3

I have an AP, not sure if you've decided on that route (though it seems like it might be best to me) but here's some things you might want to think about with it:
1) You don't have to pay for parking if you're not staying on site (March :rolleyes1) That's a $12/day savings to factor in.
2) You can buy it at any time, they'll mail you a voucher (if you don't buy it at the Disney Store) and your year doesn't start until you activate it at the parks. Meaning, if they decide to raise their prices again in August this year again, get thee to a phone!

Oh...and Yankees? :sad2:

I'm still trying to figure out if the AP is my best option. There are a lot of different reasons for either the AP or a 10 day NE ticket.:confused3 :confused3

Are you a Mets fan?:eek:

that's nice
04-28-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't know what Disney knows about me but I received more Disney mail today.

I got another postcard.. This time for the DVC. It's nice of them to put in the fine print 'Starting at $17,995' :scared1: I can't see dropping 20K at this time. LOL I have some other bills I want to pay plus I'd like to pay off one of our car loans. (only 15 months left!!!) I wouldn't mind having this paid off by the end of this year.

I also was doing some more house research for our March trip. I'd like to narrow down the list to 10-12 houses. I started with 38 houses and now I'm down to 29.... still too many! That was about it for planning today.

On a side note it hit 92 here today!!!!! Man was it hot. Tomorrow's high is going to be 67. Much more like April weather. We've had a mini heat wave since Friday with temps in the 80's and 90's. It's always fun being in New England!

SRUAlmn
04-29-2009, 06:04 AM
I don't know what Disney knows about me but I received more Disney mail today.

I got another postcard.. This time for the DVC. It's nice of them to put in the fine print 'Starting at $17,995' :scared1: I can't see dropping 20K at this time. LOL I have some other bills I want to pay plus I'd like to pay off one of our car loans. (only 15 months left!!!) I wouldn't mind having this paid off by the end of this year.

I also was doing some more house research for our March trip. I'd like to narrow down the list to 10-12 houses. I started with 38 houses and now I'm down to 29.... still too many! That was about it for planning today.

On a side note it hit 92 here today!!!!! Man was it hot. Tomorrow's high is going to be 67. Much more like April weather. We've had a mini heat wave since Friday with temps in the 80's and 90's. It's always fun being in New England!

We felt the same way! I would LOVE to do DVC, but we just bought our first real house, and when I suggested the idea of DVC I thought DH's head was going to fall off :rotfl: Maybe in a few years??

Do you want help or opinions on the houses? If there are links that we could see, I'd love to see the choices :) Maybe we can help! :thumbsup2

AlohaAnnie
04-29-2009, 06:19 AM
DVC would be nice but we are also waiting for similar reasons. Maybe someday in the future. Just Disney Dreamin :cloud9:

that's nice
04-29-2009, 07:12 AM
We felt the same way! I would LOVE to do DVC, but we just bought our first real house, and when I suggested the idea of DVC I thought DH's head was going to fall off :rotfl: Maybe in a few years??

Do you want help or opinions on the houses? If there are links that we could see, I'd love to see the choices :) Maybe we can help! :thumbsup2

How many do you want to see??????:scratchin
Maybe I can post a few a day. LOL

House #1
http://www.vrbo.com/20735

House #2
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p14427

House #3
http://www.vrbo.com/30713

DVC would be nice but we are also waiting for similar reasons. Maybe someday in the future. Just Disney Dreamin :cloud9:

I think we need to get our finances in better order before we jump into something this big. But as you said there is nothing wrong with a little Disney Dreaming!!! LOL:goodvibes

SRUAlmn
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
How many do you want to see??????:scratchin
Maybe I can post a few a day. LOL

House #1
http://www.vrbo.com/20735

House #2

House #3
http://www.vrbo.com/30713

Yay! I love to look at houses! I should have been a real estate agent ;)

Of those 3, I like #2 the best. They're all pretty similar as far as size and location, so I like #2 because it looks cleaner, newer, and is MUCH better decorated for a Disney trip. The others look a little like old-fashioned with their decor. (No offense to anyone who likes it! :goodvibes)

maroo
04-29-2009, 08:16 AM
I agree!!! They all look great, actually!
But I would go with #2.

Have you asked the folks on the hotels thread? They may know each company?

onelilspark
04-29-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm still trying to figure out if the AP is my best option. There are a lot of different reasons for either the AP or a 10 day NE ticket.:confused3 :confused3

Are you a Mets fan?:eek:

Ugh, no! Phillies. But there are a lot of Yankees fans up in Rochester and I don't understand it (we're actually closer to Pittsburgh and Philly than we are NYC!) So I get a little feisty with the Yankees because I don't get why people around here are Yankees fans! :lmao:

The nice thing about the 10 Day NE option is that if you don't use all the days, you have them saved up for your next trip!

lizet313
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I agree with everyone else #2

SRUAlmn
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
(we're actually closer to Pittsburgh and Philly than we are NYC!)

Go Pens!!! My husband is a Caps fan. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks in our house :rotfl:

tinkgurl
04-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I like house number 2!! :surfweb:

that's nice
04-29-2009, 03:41 PM

Of those 3, I like #2 the best. They're all pretty similar as far as size and location, so I like #2 because it looks cleaner, newer, and is MUCH better decorated for a Disney trip. The others look a little like old-fashioned with their decor. (No offense to anyone who likes it! :goodvibes)

Thanks.. I'll post a few more. I do like #2 and I actually emailed the owner today to find out the price.... $1183 for the 8 days with pool heat, cleaning, and tax included! Not to bad.:)

I agree!!! They all look great, actually!
But I would go with #2.

Have you asked the folks on the hotels thread? They may know each company?

I've been reading the hotels thread but there isn't much about houses on there. Maybe I should start my own thread and see if I can get any input.

Ugh, no! Phillies. But there are a lot of Yankees fans up in Rochester and I don't understand it (we're actually closer to Pittsburgh and Philly than we are NYC!) So I get a little feisty with the Yankees because I don't get why people around here are Yankees fans! :lmao:

The nice thing about the 10 Day NE option is that if you don't use all the days, you have them saved up for your next trip!

Keep in mind there are Yankees fans everywhere!!!!

I was thinking if we had the AP we """maybe""" can take another trip next fall for FD before it expires! LOLOL (Don't tell my DW!)

I agree with everyone else #2

I have 26 more houses for you to look at!!!!!!!!:scared1:

Go Pens!!! My husband is a Caps fan. It's going to be an interesting couple of weeks in our house :rotfl:

I used to love hockey when the Whalers were in CT. I used to goto 15 games a year. Ever since they moved I could care less about it. There is nothing like being at a hockey game!

I like house number 2!! :surfweb:

Keep the opinions coming!!!! popcorn::

that's nice
04-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Here are a few more houses from my list!

http://www.vrbo.com/43317

http://www.vrbo.com/82894

http://www.vrbo.com/20768

http://www.vrbo.com/200328

PopArtGal
04-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Of the first batch I also like #2. Now I'm gonna look at the rest.

PopArtGal
04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
I think I like #1 and #4 of the second series.

SRUAlmn
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Here are a few more houses from my list!

http://www.vrbo.com/43317

http://www.vrbo.com/82894

http://www.vrbo.com/20768

http://www.vrbo.com/200328

Still like #2 from the first batch the best! :) That price wasn't bad at all. Especially because you'll be splitting the cost!

tinkgurl
04-29-2009, 06:44 PM
I still like this one:
House #2 from 1st set

that's nice
04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Of the first batch I also like #2. Now I'm gonna look at the rest.
I think I like #1 and #4 of the second series.

Your opinion has been noted! LOL :goodvibes

Still like #2 from the first batch the best! :) That price wasn't bad at all. Especially because you'll be splitting the cost!

I think I'm leaning towards this one as well. I still have many more to go through. I actually eliminated 3 more off my list tonight! It's getting narrowed down!

I still like this one:
House #2 from 1st set

You guys are swaying me i think. :)

tinkgurl
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm so glad we can help you with your choice! It's fun!

that's nice
04-29-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm so glad we can help you with your choice! It's fun!

LOL question of the night......

But is anyone willing to pay once you (who ever is reading this) makes the choice for me????:lmao:

onelilspark
04-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Trust me, if you have an AP, you'll be coming up with excuses to go down. I have. I've run out of them though...and vacation days since I'm doing things other than going to Disney this year! :sad2: I've gotten the full value out of it though, so I'm content with that at least!

lizet313
04-30-2009, 08:47 AM

But is anyone willing to pay once you (who ever is reading this) makes the choice for me????:lmao:

SURE if you take me along and pay for the rest :rotfl2: LOL

tinkgurl
04-30-2009, 09:11 AM

Haha...I'm sorry..I'm a broke college student. But, I'd love to come along for the trip. :flower3:

jenseib
04-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Number 2 is by far the best of all the ones you posted. I really didn't care for any of the second batch.

maroo
04-30-2009, 04:49 PM
All I have to say is...be careful who you ask to go! :lmao:

You might end up with a trip buddy! :) :lmao:

that's nice
04-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Trust me, if you have an AP, you'll be coming up with excuses to go down. I have. I've run out of them though...and vacation days since I'm doing things other than going to Disney this year! :sad2: I've gotten the full value out of it though, so I'm content with that at least!

That's what I'm thinking too. I don't think DW needs any excuses to go... she'll just say let's go! LOL

SURE if you take me along and pay for the rest :rotfl2: LOL

LOL you pay for my rental.. I'll buy your tix! :rotfl:

Haha...I'm sorry..I'm a broke college student. But, I'd love to come along for the trip. :flower3:

You (college kids) all have the same excuses... $$$$ :rotfl2:

Number 2 is by far the best of all the ones you posted. I really didn't care for any of the second batch.

Don't worry.. I'll post some more later! (I like the 2nd one too plus the price is pretty good!)

All I have to say is...be careful who you ask to go! :lmao:

You might end up with a trip buddy! :) :lmao:

You coming with us?????? I might have to consider a 6BR then!! LOL:lmao:

tinkgurl
04-30-2009, 06:17 PM
You (college kids) all have the same excuses... $$$$ :rotfl2:

I could be Juliana's nanny on the trip. Haha. Is that a better excuse?

that's nice
04-30-2009, 06:38 PM
I could be Juliana's nanny on the trip. Haha. Is that a better excuse?

LOL HMMMMMM interesting :scratchin That's not a bad idea!:idea:

I'll have to keep that in mind! :laughing:

that's nice
04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I was on Windsor Hills website last night and you can put in a request to get quotes direct from the house owner. Since last night at about 10pm I have received over 40 quotes for houses. The cheapest quote that I received was $1500, while most were around the $2000 range. Windsor Hills is a few minutes closer to Disney than Windsor Palms (where house #2 is from). I don't think that it is worth $400-600 more than house #2.

OK here are a few more houses for you to look at.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/18116.html

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/18154.html

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/21397.html

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/2615.html

http://www.vrbo.com/15331#comments

that's nice
05-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Well another crazy weekend (only to get crazier!:eek:). On Friday we had to take Julianaprincess: to Yale Children's Hospital to talk to an immune specialist. We are trying to figure out if she has an immune deficiency. After speaking to 1 doctor, we were sitting in a room for a hour and a half waiting and waiting. The doctors were waiting to get some other test results from CCMC (Connecticut Childrens Medical Center). All Juliana kept asking was if they were gonna take her blood. She was stressing about it the whole time.

Eventually they did have to draw her blood. She watches the nurses every move. Juliana told her she can use the vial but she cant use the needle.LOL (if only it was that easy) The draw went really well- only one stick. Juliana let out the loudest high-pitched scream. Now we have to wait till Friday at the earliest to get some results and I'm sure to set up another appointment.

I guess this was the highlight of our weekend. Melody and I worked the rest of it.:confused3popcorn::

PopArtGal
05-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Awe poor cutie!

tinkgurl
05-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Aw, poor Juliana! She's such a trooper.

jenseib
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
What a sweetheart.

SRUAlmn
05-03-2009, 09:21 PM
[SIZE="4"]I was on Windsor Hills website last night and you can put in a request to get quotes direct from the house owner. Since last night at about 10pm I have received over 40 quotes for houses. The cheapest quote that I received was $1500, while most were around the $2000 range. Windsor Hills is a few minutes closer to Disney than Windsor Palms (where house #2 is from). I don't think that it is worth $400-600 more than house #2.

It seems like they're all fairly similar, so then it comes down to the decor. Why do people use such UGLY decor for their vacation homes?? :scared: I mean, come on people, there are oftentimes some CUTE bedspreads on sale at Target :goodvibes :thumbsup2

As for Juliana's appointment.... she is so much braver than I will ever be! You have a special little girl there!

maroo
05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
You coming with us?????? I might have to consider a 6BR then!! LOL:lmao:

:scratchin :)

Eventually they did have to draw her blood. She watches the nurses every move. Juliana told her she can use the vial but she cant use the needle.LOL (if only it was that easy) The draw went really well- only one stick. Juliana let out the loudest high-pitched scream. Now we have to wait till Friday at the earliest to get some results and I'm sure to set up another appointment.

I guess this was the highlight of our weekend. Melody and I worked the rest of it.:confused3popcorn::

Bless her heart!!! And yours!! She cracks me up saying they can use the vial all they want, but can't use that needle! How funny!

I hope you guys find something soon!!!

that's nice
05-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Awe poor cutie!
Aw, poor Juliana! She's such a trooper.
What a sweetheart.

The good and bad thing is she knows nothing different. She doesn't realize that this isn't what normal kids have to go through. This is all she knows. She's been in the hospital so many times in the last 2 years...... hopefully some day this will come to an end.

It seems like they're all fairly similar, so then it comes down to the decor. Why do people use such UGLY decor for their vacation homes?? :scared: I mean, come on people, there are oftentimes some CUTE bedspreads on sale at Target :goodvibes :thumbsup2

As for Juliana's appointment.... she is so much braver than I will ever be! You have a special little girl there!

You are so right!!! I guess these people look for the ugliest decor so no one steals anything!! LOL

Bless her heart!!! And yours!! She cracks me up saying they can use the vial all they want, but can't use that needle! How funny!
I hope you guys find something soon!!!

She is too smart for her own good. She has a fisher price doctor kit and she 'takes' our blood all the time. We tell Juliana that when she grows up she can be a doctor or a nurse if she wants but she always says she wants to be a ballerina. LOL

lizet313
05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
AWW poor Juliana :sad1:

that's nice
05-04-2009, 12:59 PM
Another rainy day here in CT. Juliana and I are watching her favorite movie.... Cinderella!!!! (Well she is watching and I'm typing LOL:rotfl:)

DW and I have started talking about our October trip a little bit. I told her she only has 60 days to decide where she wanted to eat.:rotfl2:

Although we will be there for 6days/5nights we only have 3 dinners and 4 breakfasts & lunches. On Saturday, we will check in and then head over to Melody's cousins to spend the day there. On Sunday, we have the baptism in the morning then I'm sure we will spend the day there again. So that leaves us Monday-Thursday for our meals.

Tuesday night is MNSSHP. I think we have decided that we are going to do this! So I think on Tuesday we should eat dinner at CP.(early ressie 5ish) We were also discussing Cape May (D) and Tusker House (B). We have to fit Kona (B) in... maybe on Tuesday or on our Epcot day.

We were also throwing around the idea of maybe hitting a waterpark one day.... We have 4 entries from our first passes. Maybe this would be something we can do on Tuesday. Go to the waterpark in the morning till early afternoon then go back to the room to get ready for MNSSHP and head over to MK for 4. I hope there is plenty at a waterpark for Juliana to do. Has anyone brought a 3yr old there? I guess time to do some more research! LOL

tinkgurl
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Cinderella is such a good movie! My favorite when I was her age was Beauty and the Beast. princess:

Oooh, I can't wait to hear all the ADR plans! Any questions about those, I'd be happy to try and help.

that's nice
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM
We had to watch Cinderella today! She's been calling me Prince Charming for 2 days now!! LOL:rotfl2: She has been calling Melody Fairy Godmother. We've had to address Juliana as Cinderellaprincess:.:rotfl::rotfl:

tinkgurl
05-04-2009, 01:14 PM
We had to watch Cinderella today! She's been calling me Prince Charming for 2 days now!! LOL:rotfl2: She has been calling Melody Fairy Godmother. We've had to address Juliana as Cinderellaprincess:.:rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl: Has she made you put on a "glass slipper" on her foot yet?

that's nice
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
:rotfl: Has she made you put on a "glass slipper" on her foot yet?

Oh yes. She has her glass slippers (ballet shoes) and she runs down the hall and loses one and we have to find it. Then we have to dance across the living room. While she is calling me Prince the whole time! :goodvibes

Cinderelly5507
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi! I just found your TR and PTR! What a beautiful and brave little girl you have!! My DD turns 2 tomorrow and Cinderella has become her new obsession as well! She calls the fairy godmother "Maw Maw" and makes us put her blue Cinderella shoes on her feet. Then she dances around singing "At the ball, at the ball" from Cinderella 3! Aren't little girls too precious? :goodvibes I look forward to reading more!

that's nice
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Hi! I just found your TR and PTR! What a beautiful and brave little girl you have!! My DD turns 2 tomorrow and Cinderella has become her new obsession as well! She calls the fairy godmother "Maw Maw" and makes us put her blue Cinderella shoes on her feet. Then she dances around singing "At the ball, at the ball" from Cinderella 3! Aren't little girls too precious? :goodvibes I look forward to reading more!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my PTR!!!

Looks like will will be there just after you leave. I'll check out your PTR too. I'll probably be able to find out more info that way! LOL:rotfl:

PopArtGal
05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Oh yes. She has her glass slippers (ballet shoes) and she runs down the hall and loses one and we have to find it. Then we have to dance across the living room. While she is calling me Prince the whole time! :goodvibes

Awe cutie patootie

jenseib
05-04-2009, 04:23 PM

That is so cute!

tinkgurl
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM

Aw, I want to play with her! :cutie:

Mommy2LittleVols
05-05-2009, 10:15 AM
Poor Juliana, having to see more doctors and have her blood drawn. :( I hope those days do come to an end for you all very soon.

That is too cute about Juliana playing Cinderella and calling you Prince and Melody Fairy Godmother!

I think your meal choices sound good so far. I have no advice for you re: a waterpark. I've been wondering what there is for toddlers to do there myself.

that's nice
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Poor Juliana, having to see more doctors and have her blood drawn. :( I hope those days do come to an end for you all very soon.

That is too cute about Juliana playing Cinderella and calling you Prince and Melody Fairy Godmother!

I think your meal choices sound good so far. I have no advice for you re: a waterpark. I've been wondering what there is for toddlers to do there myself.
I need to find out about the water parks. I'm sure the first week of October will be nice and hot! If I find out any info I'll let you know.

Aw, I want to play with her! :cutie:

Anytime your driving through CT, let me know. You can take her for a few hours and give me a break!

That is so cute!

I need to get it on tape.... These are think things I can embarrass her with when she gets older.LOL

that's nice
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I just noticed that under my SN I have achieved DIS VETERAN status! I never noticed that before. I wonder how long it's been there. Probably since I hit 500 posts.:confused3

maroo
05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
I just noticed that under my SN I have achieved DIS VETERAN status! I never noticed that before. I wonder how long it's been there. Probably since I hit 500 posts.:confused3

Yep! You hit 500 posts and it changed! :) I didn't actually see it, but I was so excited when I became a Veteran!

I think they need another level, though.

"Addicted"

that's nice
05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I think they need another level, though.

"Addicted"

:lmao::rotfl:I think you are right about this! I still have a ways before I catch up to you!!!!

lizet313
05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Maybe because I just looked at mine too and it says DisVeteran too.

that's nice
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe because I just looked at mine too and it says DisVeteran too.

DisVeteran=spends too much time on the DIS!!! LOLOL:rotfl::lmao::banana:

Cinderelly5507
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM

If 500 is the magic number, I'm not quite there yet! I think my "label" is hidden though... I'll have to go make it visible to see what I am! I think "obsessed" is probably a good choice for me!:rotfl2:

lizet313
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM

:cool1::lmao::rotfl2::surfweb::dance3::yay:: OH YEAH but I don't think it is enough lol well sort of when am at work it may be enough lol

that's nice
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
If 500 is the magic number, I'm not quite there yet! I think my "label" is hidden though... I'll have to go make it visible to see what I am! I think "obsessed" is probably a good choice for me!:rotfl2:
I can see it... it says Mouseketeer.

:cool1::lmao::rotfl2::surfweb::dance3::yay:: OH YEAH but I don't think it is enough lol well sort of when am at work it may be enough lol

That's my kind of job!

Cinderelly5507
05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
I can see it... it says Mouseketeer.

That's my kind of job!

I "reset" it! I need to get to posting though so I can be a veteran! :laughing:

that's nice
05-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I "reset" it! I need to get to posting though so I can be a veteran! :laughing:

LOL

You can probably 'cheat' and just type it in there yourself!!!:rotfl:

maroo
05-05-2009, 03:13 PM
No fair! :rotfl: No cheating! :)

Yes...Addicted. I think I need to go change mine.

Cinderelly5507
05-05-2009, 03:20 PM
LOL

You can probably 'cheat' and just type it in there yourself!!!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: OMG! How funny would that be!! I promise I won't cheat though. I'll earn the coveted title the right way--by being addicted to the DIS!

that's nice
05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
No fair! :rotfl: No cheating! :)

Yes...Addicted. I think I need to go change mine.

Totally Addicted; DISaddicted; Addicted to DIS; AdDISticted

Does the last one even make sense?:rotfl2:

I'm subbing to your new TR too!

:rotfl2: OMG! How funny would that be!! I promise I won't cheat though. I'll earn the coveted title the right way--by being addicted to the DIS!

You are almost there! 30 more to go!

SRUAlmn
05-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Stop talking so much every day :rotfl: I get home from teaching and I don't have time to catch up on all of it :rotfl:

tinkgurl
05-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Anytime your driving through CT, let me know. You can take her for a few hours and give me a break!

Okay, I'll remember that! :)

that's nice
05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Stop talking so much every day :rotfl: I get home from teaching and I don't have time to catch up on all of it :rotfl:

OK I'll have to remember this! I will slow down!!!!:rotfl:

Okay, I'll remember that! :)

LOL:rotfl:

tinkgurl
05-06-2009, 09:38 AM

What?! I'd do it. :laughing:

that's nice
05-06-2009, 10:06 AM
What?! I'd do it. :laughing:

Friday and Saturday evenings are always times when we need sitters!!! LOL

tinkgurl
05-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Friday and Saturday evenings are always times when we need sitters!!! LOL

Well as long as you wouldn't be out until the wee hours of the morning! :laughing: No problem. :laughing: I could bring my little guy over to play with her too.

SRUAlmn
05-06-2009, 04:17 PM
OK I'll have to remember this! I will slow down!!!!:rotfl:

Good job today! Only 3 posts :rotfl:

jenseib
05-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm caught up again! I was about 2 pages behind!

that's nice
05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Good job today! Only 3 posts :rotfl:

Juliana had her library dance class today. When we got out of the class the sun was out!!! 1st time in 6 days here. So we played out side for a while till she took her nap. Then while she was sleeping (my DIS time) I needed a little nap too. LOL :rotfl:

I'm caught up again! I was about 2 pages behind!

Your slacking!!!!! Must be all the TR's your following. I'm up to 29 TR & PTR's night now. I'm probably posting the same things over & over. I'm trying to keep em all straight!! LOLOL:rolleyes1

tbelfonti
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Poor Princess having MORE blood drawn. My heart breaks for her.

I'm back. Back to reading and catching up ... :)

that's nice
05-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Poor Princess having MORE blood drawn. My heart breaks for her.

I'm back. Back to reading and catching up ... :)

Welcome Back!!!!!!!!

Hope you had a great trip!! (i'm sure you did!)

I'll be waiting for your TR. Then I can be at an even 30 that I'm following! LOL:goodvibes

EDIT::: Actually I'll still be at 29... your PTR is over now!! LOL

lizet313
05-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Have you gotten the results yet?

Cinderelly5507
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I was showing DD pictures from your TR... We saw Tinkerbell and I asked if she wanted to go see her "YES!!!" she yelled. Then we looked at pictures from 1900 Park Fare. I want to make a reservation here one night for dinner... "Cinderella!!" she happily screamed! So I asked if she wanted to go see Cinderella and she yelled "YES!!" again. Then, I scrolled down the page and my DD has a little scared look on her face and starts going "Oh, no... Oh, no... Oh, no..." Now, I'm not so sure she can handle the Lady Tremaine and the step sisters!! She started laughing at them after that though! :rotfl:

that's nice
05-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Have you gotten the results yet?

No.. hopefully we will hear something tomorrow.

I was showing DD pictures from your TR... We saw Tinkerbell and I asked if she wanted to go see her "YES!!!" she yelled. Then we looked at pictures from 1900 Park Fare. I want to make a reservation here one night for dinner... "Cinderella!!" she happily screamed! So I asked if she wanted to go see Cinderella and she yelled "YES!!" again. Then, I scrolled down the page and my DD has a little scared look on her face and starts going "Oh, no... Oh, no... Oh, no..." Now, I'm not so sure she can handle the Lady Tremaine and the step sisters!! She started laughing at them after that though! :rotfl:

Thats so cute that your DD got so excited!! The stepsisters were sooo funny! They were fighting with each other and were very nice to Juliana! The stepmother was nice but very stern... I wouldn't say she was mean at all. I really don't think that there is much to scare your DD. If Juliana could do it.. I'm sure your DD would have no problem!:goodvibes

that's nice
05-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I went to the Yankees game last night.... They are killing me. They are playing so horrible right now its borderline un-watchable. :rolleyes1 Its gonna be a busy weekend with work. So I won't be on here too much but I will be reading all your PTR & TR. Hey plus I'm under 150 days!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

tinkgurl
05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Woo! You're getting closer! :banana:

that's nice
05-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Good Morning....
It was a crazy weekend.. Only to get crazier! I have't had much time to post but I wanted to wish all the mom's out there a Happy Mother's Day!!!!

PopArtGal
05-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Happy Mother's day!

that's nice
05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Happy Mother's day!

Thanks!pirate:

(not a mom though ;))

PopArtGal
05-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks!pirate:

(not a mom though ;))

I should have mentioned it was addressed to Melody hehehe

that's nice
05-10-2009, 08:01 AM
I should have mentioned it was addressed to Melody hehehe

LOL I knew you knew... I was just playing around.:rotfl2:

PopArtGal
05-10-2009, 08:12 AM
The messager better get delivered :P

lizet313
05-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Wish Melody a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!

that's nice
05-10-2009, 10:25 PM
I have a little more news to report on. Actually this news has nothing to do with my 2 trips.

We were at my brothers having a picnic today. While we were eating my mom busts out with.....

Mom "So I was thinking..." (usually this isn't a line that normally starts a conversation that I want to hear. LOL)
Me "Oh yea? What about?"
Mom "Well, we haven't been on a family vacation for a while"
Me "Uhhhhhh Hummmmmm" (We haven't been on a family vacation in like 14 years)
Mom "I was thinking that maybe in 2 summers from now we all can go on a family vacation."
Me ****thinking oh great... where's this going?********
Mom "It would be nice if you, your brother, and sister, (and spouses.. we are all married..and of course Juliana), dad, me, and maybe grandma went on a trip to Disney!"
Me ***Perking up**** "Oh that would be great"
Mom "Either Disney for the whole time or maybe a Land & Sea. You can do the planning."
Me ***thinking What... did an internal family memo get released that I was a Disney fanatic?***** (Although my brother and his wife went on a Land & Sea this winter and I gave them a lot of info)
Me "Well we'll have to see if everyone wants to do this... Did you ask them?"
Mom "I already asked them if they were interested and they are"
Me "Well it sounds good to me"

I turn to Melody and say "Well I guess we are going back to Disney"***with a smile****:cool1:

So needless to say it was an eventful afternoon!!!!:lmao:

tinkgurl
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Now that is some awesome news! :woohoo:

All7OfUs
05-11-2009, 04:59 AM
VERY, VERY cool afternoon I'd say, and I"m not talking about the weather, although, it may have been. Anway, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! I'd not even trade the hard days for a million dollars! Each one is a precious gift given especially to me :woohoo:

keep up the fun reporting!

PopArtGal
05-11-2009, 07:18 AM
That is so awesome!

That's gotta be exciting!

jenseib
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
I would love to do a land and sea. Or even jsut the sea part. LOL! I really wanted to do the cruise this year, but DH has this fear that Claire will flip over the side of the boat. I'll have to watch for any deals and try to convince him in the upcoming years.

lizet313
05-11-2009, 07:46 AM
What a great day:cool1:...very good news.

Mommy2LittleVols
05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
That is awesome news! A good friend of mine just got back from a Land & Sea w/ her DH and 3 year old DD. They had an awesome time! I love looking at her pics. I would love to do one someday when the kids are a little older.

maroo
05-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Land AND Sea??!?!?!

Don't you guys need a babysitter? :lmao:

(see...I AM reading. :))

that's nice
05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Now that is some awesome news! :woohoo:

It is. Who knows this might change into a 3 for 1 TR LOL

VERY, VERY cool afternoon I'd say, and I"m not talking about the weather, although, it may have been. Anway, thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! I'd not even trade the hard days for a million dollars! Each one is a precious gift given especially to me :woohoo:

keep up the fun reporting!

Although the weather was nice about 70 and sunny (First full day of sun in like 9 days), it was a shock when I heard those words coming from my mom's mouth.

That is so awesome!

That's gotta be exciting!

It is. Now I can just imagine all the drama I'm going have to deal with. LOLOL:)

I would love to do a land and sea. Or even jsut the sea part. LOL! I really wanted to do the cruise this year, but DH has this fear that Claire will flip over the side of the boat. I'll have to watch for any deals and try to convince him in the upcoming years.

DW and I have been on 3 cruises. We actually love cruising. especially those lazy days at sea. Disney cruises are so expensive though. It might be better to do a 4-5 day Carnival then goto Disney after. I don't know:confused3 I guess if everyone else is down for it we will be too!

What a great day:cool1:...very good news.

Now I'm going to dance>:cool1::banana::dance3:

That is awesome news! A good friend of mine just got back from a Land & Sea w/ her DH and 3 year old DD. They had an awesome time! I love looking at her pics. I would love to do one someday when the kids are a little older.

We haven't cruised since before Juliana was born. So this would be a treat if we did do the L&S. The only problem is this trip is going to have to be in the summer because my sister is a teacher. Oh well, what cha' going do?:goodvibes:goodvibes

that's nice
05-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Land AND Sea??!?!?!

Don't you guys need a babysitter? :lmao:

(see...I AM reading. :))

Unfortunately,
If the whole family goes I'm sure I'll have enough babysitters. :sad1: It's OK though.... seems to me like you are getting your Disney fix in so many different ways!!!!!!:laughing:

jenseib
05-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I've been on 2 Norwegian ones. Disney is more expensive, but thats the one I WANT. LOL!
You certainly don't need a babysitter on most cruiselines at all with all the kid activities they have, but with Disney it has so much, You could do the whole trip with barely ever seeeing your kid if thats what you want. LOL!

tbelfonti
05-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Exciting! I'm glad they're thinking ahead and letting YOU do all the planning! Woohoo!

that's nice
05-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey everyone...
I haven't posted much the last few days. My work is really picking up and with a few nice days this week, I've been outside playing with Juliana. At night I have hardly even been on the computer. I've just been following along a few TR's and still trying to research a few more restaurants.

We have found out the results from Juliana's tests 2 weeks ago. Juliana does have an immune deficiency disorder. I currently don't know what its called or what it even entails. We are setting up another appointment to go talk to the doctors and find out everything we need to know. I'm assuming it just means that she will be getting sick more often than a 'normal' kid... but over the last year she hasn't been sick any more than any other kid I know. She also isn't around other kids that much. We have a meeting with a pre-school on Monday. I can see once she is around kids without us washing and cleaning her hands all the time, she will probably be sick more.

On a lighter note I uploaded some pictures of her when she was first born.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Juliana/DSC01119.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Juliana/DSC01147.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Juliana/DSC01149.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Juliana/DSC01179.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/djtimbct/Juliana/CopyofDSC01172.jpg

Cinderelly5507
05-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I pray everything goes good with Juliana!!! :goodvibes I signed my DD up for preschool this week! I can't believe it is that time already. I'm also planning on signing her up for "mommy and me" gymnastics--that should be interesting (I just have to help her, not do any of the activities--Thank God! :rotfl2:)! She loves to try to stand on her head though! Those pictures of Juliana are too precious! What a dollbaby!

that's nice
05-14-2009, 02:27 PM
I pray everything goes good with Juliana!!! :goodvibes I signed my DD up for preschool this week! I can't believe it is that time already. I'm also planning on signing her up for "mommy and me" gymnastics--that should be interesting (I just have to help her, not do any of the activities--Thank God! :rotfl2:)! She loves to try to stand on her head though! Those pictures of Juliana are too precious! What a dollbaby!

DW and Juliana goto a mommy & me exercise class.. Melody says it is fun. I take Juliana once a week to a sing & dance class at the library. She has a great time there. We are trying to get her to interact more with kids her age on a regular basis. I'm going to post some more pics of her too. (noone wants to see pics of me! Juliana's are much better!! LOL:rotfl:)

maroo
05-14-2009, 02:28 PM
She has been SO cute from the very first day! :goodvibes

I am sorry that you guys have something else to wonder/worry about. Hopefully you are doing more wondering than worrying.

Keep us posted! And good luck at the pre-school! :goodvibes

tinkgurl
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh my goodness, Juliana has been a doll from the day she was born! :cutie:

I hope you guys learn everything that you need to know to help her out! I know that you and Melody can do it! Some days may be worse than others, but you have to make it through the storm to get to the sunshine again. :)

shannon47142
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
many good thoughts and prayers for your family:hug: