PDA

View Full Version : Disneymoon TR . . .starts page 7

msGAJeepgurl
04-08-2009, 12:02 PM
So let me first off admit I am not the most technically savvy just yet. I've been a lurker, finally decided to join - typed up a nice long intro & background and guess what. My post died.:sad1: I dont know what happened.:confused3

So let me try this one more time:
Quick background - DF (28) and I(24)are getting married in the beautiful north GA mountains in September before heading our way down to WL at Disney for a week. :dance3:I am the more excited of the two of us, but that isnt atypical. He is very . . . calm to my psycho. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Now then, I will post something new later today probably with a more detailed story of "us, but for the threads sake . . . we are planning our wedding. Or more of I am planning the wedding, so typical eh ladies?

We/I have just about everything set up already with the exception of the florist. I cant find a good one at all :confused: and really at a loss as to what to do. But yea, everything else - planned. why i decided I needed a year to achieve this I still dont remember.

More to come soon - including the big suprise engagement, my nerdy side shows up, as well as lots of honeymoon planning to share. Here is to hoping that all the wonderful people i've lurked on will enjoy and at least pretend to view my PJ and all that encompasses.

Bride-to-be
04-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Welcome - I can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!

MegKate
04-08-2009, 04:30 PM
He is very . . . calm to my psycho. :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

I love that description! LOL. :rotfl:That's true of my DF as well so I know where you're coming from!

Anyodd - :welcome: to the boards! I look forward to reading more of your plans (computer willing!):goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
04-08-2009, 07:29 PM
OMG here is to hoping I am typing this correctly. Totally not computer savvy.;)

So here is our background story:

DF and I met in . . . . a bar. :rotfl2:Granted we met through mutual friends, who we were both there to meet anyway, but its hilarious to watch relatives reactions to that question. :rotfl:
Anyway, we met 1 month into my "I shall not date" mantra because I was tired of it. Gotta admit, mom was right. Soon as you stop looking for love it just falls right into your lap. :lovestruc
So weeks after we met, he finagled a date with me by surprise, weeks later we were a couple. 3 months after we met, we moved in together, and a mere 9 months after we met were engaged. Talk about lucky in love. . . all this because I was tired of men who just wanted the um "milk"

Here is a pic of the happy couple, yes we are jeep lovers.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/Alex%20and%20I/S5000521.jpg

Yes I am a considerable bit shorter than his 6' plus person. Gosh my hair is longer too. Anyway that is us like 3 months into this "dating" thing.

The Engagement!:wizard:
I must admit. . .I am a nerd. Hi my name is Stephie and I am addicted to World of Warcraft. HAHAHAH:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
So anyway, unbeknownst to me DF pre-arranged with the family to play games on Thanksgiving day after our big meal. I, not knowing. . . did not want to play. :rolleyes1
So DF being the gentleman he is, offers to sit with me while I play WoW. Soon he starts asking all of these questions. I am patient and kind and try to answer his questions. :angel: HAHA or as most of you hopefully caught - I was highly distracted and busy most of the time. Finally he says, I have just one more question. As I turn around with a "yes dear" I notice him on both knees, a ring box in his hand and my ENTIRE EXTENDED FAMILY standing in the room smiling. I just looked down at him and was "are you serious?!?!?!" :love::cloud9::love: Then he actually asked me if I would be his wife so of course I said "YES!" Now we are caught up. Time to plan that wedding and honeymoon!!!

msGAJeepgurl
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
aww thanks MegKate! Glad to know I am not the only crazy person with a calm DF

msGAJeepgurl
04-08-2009, 07:31 PM
Welcome - I can't wait to hear more about all of your plans!
Thank you - I hope you keep enjoying, I've even got pictures.:goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Some updates on the whole "floral" business. After spending a lot of time debating the whole silk vs real, I've finally made a decision. I know for a Fact DF is happy with me on that.

After learning of a wonderful site from another DIS bride (yes i've been lurking your page Angela0917) http://www.affordableelegancesilkflorals.com/index.php
I've decided to do a combo. I want real flowers for the wedding party bouquets & boutinerres, but silk everywhere else. We are wanting to do something similar to this (see below) as table decor....with silver galvanized steel buckets. Suits our outdoor mountaintop theme.
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A2962/296217/300_296217.jpg

I am planning on more of the yellow-eyed susans & little less red, little more green because it is September. But that is kinda what we are thinking. :)

And now for today's icky news:
Driving back from a nice healthy lunch at Panera and I was rear-ended. Luckily DF is a mechanic, but now him and my father (my parents live 10 minutes away from us) are both "do we need to come get you?!?!" Ahh men. always wanting to protect their princess, no one would guess I manage a 1k plus fleet for a living. :rotfl:

34Angels
04-09-2009, 02:20 PM
I just want to say I can't wait to read more of your PJ and that I'm another crazy with a calm DF. Congrats on the engament!

Angela0917
04-10-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?

princess22
04-10-2009, 11:29 PM
You two are so cute! I like those flowers and I am now on my way to look at the website! Can't wait to read more!

msGAJeepgurl
04-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh, yay! If you decide to order though affordable elegance, you will love them! The lady is so nice and she did a great job! Boo for being rear-ended!! How bad is your car?
Thanks for the ideas - we arent sure what exactly we are doing, but your pics are really helping me. ;) The car is ok, basically she bounced off of my spare tire. But it sure made me want to get one of those "Shut up and Drive" bumper stickers. Driving time does not equal texting/talking/multi-tasking time.:mad:

msGAJeepgurl
04-13-2009, 09:54 AM
[quote=princess22;31282621]You two are so cute! quote]
Aww thanks!:cutie:

msGAJeepgurl
04-13-2009, 10:05 AM
OMG everyone, I did it. I booked our stay at WL. It was the closest compromise we could come up with. He wanted mountains, I wanted a beach - we did a mountain lodge at the beach. :rotfl:

But I cant wait, 6 days/nights at WL from September 13 - 19. Now I have to figure out where to eat, and at least a rough itenerary of what to do & I dont want to overplan and. . . are you getting the stress yet?:eek:

I'm super excited and DF (I cant wait to call him DH!:cutie:) is being really understanding. His one and only request, "I dont want to be bored, but I dont want to be so busy we cant have 'us' time" . . . now I'm going nutty.

We did the MYW+DP package, with free dining:banana:, and added on the park hopper & water park pass. But what I cant figure out is do we get both water parks or only one? Someone please help me understand this, I've even read up on allears trying to understand this and I am still confused.:confused3

Other than that the planning is going. Slowly. But its going. I got to book our engagement photo shoot this weekend and its really giving me something to look forward to in May. :) I dont know when we will get pics, but I promise to try to add more as items either come in or we actually get things accomplished. I'll update more sooner rather later. Have a wonderful day everyone!:flower3:

Angela0917
04-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Congrats on booking your honeymoon!!! I am kinda jealous of the week you are going... my birthday is the 17th and DF's birthday is the 18th, so that would have been awesome for us to go and get 2 free park admission days! But my brother's getting married on the 19th, so that kinda ruins that plan. And yay for free dining! That's fabulous!!:)

teddygurl28
04-13-2009, 12:21 PM
just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!

msGAJeepgurl
04-14-2009, 02:35 PM
just thought id try and help explain-with the water park and more option you get as many options as you do days on your ticket your going 6 days, so im going to assume you have a 6 day magic your way ticket...that means you have 6 options..you can go to blizzard beach 6 times, or typhoon lagoon 6 times, or blizzard 3 times and typhoon 3 times. or typhoon 2 times, blizzard 2 times and play golf 2 times.....haha...point being you have 6 options to do any water park or the golf option (and i think disney quest-but someone can definately correct me if im wrong) in any combination you want, but just remember you only have 6, so if on one day, you go golfing then to the water park and then to disney quest, you have used 3-so you only have 3 left.....i hope that helps!
Oh yay! you just made my day, DF & I have been debating back and forth back and forth about what exactly we wanted to do because we thought 1 park only. Now I can do what I was hoping to do and he can do what he was hoping to do!!! thank you so much for that terrific explanation.:hug:

Bride-to-be
04-14-2009, 03:01 PM
I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.

msGAJeepgurl
04-14-2009, 03:07 PM
So this is going to sound ridiculous & probably quite spoiled, but this wedding planning business. . .its getting me down. I am so excited & I really cant wait for the wedding, but the waiting is dragging me into the dumps.

I'm reading all of these TR's and, I dont know.:confused3 I just want to be MRSGAjeepgurl. We live together, we have for over a year now. The wedding is 5 months away and the planning, yea its all but done. There is stuff left to do, but its little stuff. Why make the invites 3 months ahead of time? Right now they are at least in nice boxes where my parents' cats wont eat the bows.:rotfl:

Programs - same deal as invites, favors . . .we are going to donate to the ACS in honor of DF's mother & my middle brother both of whom have passed. All of our guests will be getting a card with two charms symbolizing DF's mom and my bro. Plus there will be a smallish candy bar! See. . .I cant do that yet!

Ladies help me! I'm worried that if I'm getting frustrated and depressed already that after the wedding is over & we buy our house, oh yes btw we are house shopping at the same time the wedding occurs. Yes i am a psycho. The mental and emotional let down will be nuts.

Sides, we live together...DF says he feels married already. I mean we even have joint bank accounts already. Part of me wishes we had just taken the money and run. Blah. sorry this is a depressing post. I know everyone likes the happy times, but sometimes you just get kinda blue.:sad1:

Angela0917
04-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't feel bad... wedding planning is very much an emotional rollercoaster... at least it is/was for me! I get very excited for something just to be brought down by something else! I think it's normal! It'll pick back up for you soon!:thumbsup2 Things will start sneaking up on you, and the next 5 months will fly right by! Enjoy your "break" in planning, because the closer it gets, the more hectic it is!

msGAJeepgurl
04-16-2009, 09:40 AM
I am so glad you guys are booked for the WL - its DFs favorite resort. The hardest thing is that you need to be ready to make all of your dining reservations as soon as they open. The hardest part is trying to plan where you are going to want to be all the time. You have to find a happy medium btw over scheduling yourself and getting all of your ADRs in.

I would start reading the restaurant board and start trying to get a rough idea of where you want to go.
Thanks for the great ideas, we know roughly what we want. What I'm really trying to avoid doing is over-planning. :cutie: But we know CG late seating & HDDR for my redneck.:lmao:I told him he could dress normal and he'd fit in.

msGAJeepgurl
04-16-2009, 09:42 AM
Don't feel bad... wedding planning is very much an emotional rollercoaster... at least it is/was for me! I get very excited for something just to be brought down by something else! I think it's normal! It'll pick back up for you soon!:thumbsup2 Things will start sneaking up on you, and the next 5 months will fly right by! Enjoy your "break" in planning, because the closer it gets, the more hectic it is!
You are proving to be my saving grace. So congrats :wizard: I bestow upon you a halo. DF doesnt know you and he already appreciates you because every time I get ubber stressed I read the boards and/or check your posts and know I am not alone. :rotfl:

msGAJeepgurl
04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
So in lieu of interesting updates, I should have more Saturday because my daddy is going to see me in my wedding dress for the first time when we (Mom, Dad, & I) go to a lovely store called "Bridal Sense." I need a crinoline underskirt and this place allows you to rent them! And dresses can be rented and oh its just heaven.

Anyway, here are some pics of our babies. Mine is the evil cat, his is the pirate dog. Ugh forgive me, the dog pic wont go any smaller.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000534.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000540.jpg

msGAJeepgurl
04-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Ok this is just a random note, for the atypical bride or bride & groom (I'm planning on wearing cowgirl boots and so is my DF . . . well cowboy for him. ;) . . .never mind the tattoos, including the pastor (i.e. my momma))

this is an awesome website:
http://offbeatbride.com

msGAJeepgurl
04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Well I made a fun pic post but it has to get approved by mods, so hopefully it will be up soon. ;)

msGAJeepgurl
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
So obviously my last post didnt go through, so I will try one more time. Here are some pics from our location. I'll post them by location. Ceremony first, then reception hall. :)

Outdoor gazebo where our ceremony takes place:
http://www.brides.com/upload/images/l/o/localadmins/00_main/501018771_primary.jpg

2nd view:
http://www.brides.com/upload/images/l/o/localadmins/00_main/501018777_primary.jpg

And a good pic of the waterfall where the 1st shot was taken from, yes I am riding in a carriage too:
http://www.brides.com/upload/images/l/o/localadmins/00_main/501018772_primary.jpg

msGAJeepgurl
04-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Reception pics, the reception is at the same location as the actual ceremony. Its just down the mountain a little bit as the ceremony is basically on the top of the mountain.

I think this about covers the location pics....soon I'll post hair ideas. I'm really stuck on this one. So help ladies, help. :rotfl:

Dance Floor:
http://www.brides.com/upload/images/l/o/localadmins/00_main/501018768_primary.jpg

Overshot of the room:
http://forresthillsresort.com/images/stories/Weddings/rg_chaircovers_600.jpg

LLLBelle
04-22-2009, 11:20 AM
The location looks gorgeous. If they do the lights and tulle for you, that is really pretty.

I know how you feel about just wanting the wedding to get here. I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, Jan 2010 and everything is planned, except the little things. So if you need support, I totally know how you feel. The most important thing is to just be relieved that everything is done and enjoy the time. Plus having everything done makes the few weeks up until the wedding more relaxed, or at least that is what my wedding planner tells me :)

I look forward to more postings and pictures!!!

livinlife25
04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
So this is going to sound ridiculous & probably quite spoiled, but this wedding planning business. . .its getting me down. I am so excited & I really cant wait for the wedding, but the waiting is dragging me into the dumps.

I'm reading all of these TR's and, I dont know.:confused3 I just want to be MRSGAjeepgurl. We live together, we have for over a year now. The wedding is 5 months away and the planning, yea its all but done. There is stuff left to do, but its little stuff. Why make the invites 3 months ahead of time? Right now they are at least in nice boxes where my parents' cats wont eat the bows.:rotfl:

Programs - same deal as invites, favors . . .we are going to donate to the ACS in honor of DF's mother & my middle brother both of whom have passed. All of our guests will be getting a card with two charms symbolizing DF's mom and my bro. Plus there will be a smallish candy bar! See. . .I cant do that yet!

Ladies help me! I'm worried that if I'm getting frustrated and depressed already that after the wedding is over & we buy our house, oh yes btw we are house shopping at the same time the wedding occurs. Yes i am a psycho. The mental and emotional let down will be nuts.

Sides, we live together...DF says he feels married already. I mean we even have joint bank accounts already. Part of me wishes we had just taken the money and run. Blah. sorry this is a depressing post. I know everyone likes the happy times, but sometimes you just get kinda blue.:sad1:

I get into wedding funks sometimes too but what helps me is to go to wedding photography website *the ones with music* and I want for awhile and then I get reallly excited!

msGAJeepgurl
04-23-2009, 09:31 AM
I get into wedding funks sometimes too but what helps me is to go to wedding photography website *the ones with music* and I want for awhile and then I get reallly excited!
:goodvibes Thanks ... its nice to know I am not alone. I am better now that I got to try on my dress again. And talk with DF. I also find that reading Disneymooner's TR's help too. :rotfl:

msGAJeepgurl
04-23-2009, 09:39 AM
The location looks gorgeous. If they do the lights and tulle for you, that is really pretty.

I know how you feel about just wanting the wedding to get here. I'm getting married in Puerto Rico, Jan 2010 and everything is planned, except the little things. So if you need support, I totally know how you feel. The most important thing is to just be relieved that everything is done and enjoy the time. Plus having everything done makes the few weeks up until the wedding more relaxed, or at least that is what my wedding planner tells me :)

I look forward to more postings and pictures!!!
Aww thanks. :) I'm trying to relax, but then again I have no wedding planner to tell me that, just my DF and sometimes - he's not who I want to say that.:rotfl:
The tulle is pretty and the lights will be done, but my DM and I are going to add tulle in the wedding colors which will accent the trees since its fern green & copper.

msGAJeepgurl
04-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Ok ladies - on the chance that my DF will not peek, and if you are reading this dear get off NOW. I'm going to take a wild chance and show you some pics. :)

I am currently debating on what my hair should look like and I've narrowed it down to four choices. I have a fingertip veil AND a blusher that my mother has requested I wear just for my father. And since I'm a daddy's girl I will be wearing a blusher, but first chance I get that sucker is gone. Anyway - thoughts?

I love the style of this one - a lot, but i see no room for the veil how in how I want it placed:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/004_primary.jpg

This one I also like because its not to um frou frou on the decor...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/008_primary.jpg

This is how I want my veil to look - and I like the overall hair, but wind on a mountain top, I'd be seriously worried it would all come down.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/veilhairpic.jpg

This one gives you a rough idea of placement of hair-do, but I just...something about that first one. I want to do a combo of this and the first one....somehow. I have bra-strap-length hair...
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/weddinghair.jpg

And just so you get a rough idea of the dress, here is a grainy pic from my mom's cell at the warehouse sale when I first tried it on. I'll have better ones by next week.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/thedress.jpg

LLLBelle
04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I love the first one, you could modify it a bit to include the veil. As long as you have a good hairdresser, I'm sure they will find a way :goodvibes

Your dress is gorgeous :thumbsup2

msGAJeepgurl
05-06-2009, 09:59 AM
So ladies, I've been silent . . .but planning. What I need though is some advice. Advice on flowers to be specific and the cost. I understand flowers are a real budget eater, I understand that they can make an event look simple, over the top, elegant, glamorous, or whichever direction you want to take it. What I can determine is if the price I was quoted is fair.

Here is what I was quoted:
$100 for bridal bouquet & a free tossing bouquet . . .using gerber daisies, some roses, carnations, stephanopolis, greenery, ribbon, etc. Round in style.
$75 per bridesmaid bouquet...something simple, kind of similar to mine. May go smaller than even a bouquet to a trio of flowers.
$10 per boutinerre.
------grand total approx $300

The question is - we are electing to go silk pretty much everywhere else. So is the above pricing reasonable? Should I just save money and pretty much go silk for everyone? I am stuck at an impasse.

LLLBelle
05-06-2009, 11:45 AM
So ladies, I've been silent . . .but planning. What I need though is some advice. Advice on flowers to be specific and the cost. I understand flowers are a real budget eater, I understand that they can make an event look simple, over the top, elegant, glamorous, or whichever direction you want to take it. What I can determine is if the price I was quoted is fair.

Here is what I was quoted:
$100 for bridal bouquet & a free tossing bouquet . . .using gerber daisies, some roses, carnations, stephanopolis, greenery, ribbon, etc. Round in style.
$75 per bridesmaid bouquet...something simple, kind of similar to mine. May go smaller than even a bouquet to a trio of flowers.
$10 per boutinerre.
------grand total approx $300

The question is - we are electing to go silk pretty much everywhere else. So is the above pricing reasonable? Should I just save money and pretty much go silk for everyone? I am stuck at an impasse.

I think that is an excellent price. I'm only doing a bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, 4 boutinerres, and 3 mom bouquets and my original quote was 816 :scared1: I'm being re-quoted in the summer, once I actually have to place the order, so I am hoping it will be lower, if not I will be making changes (maybe I will have to go silk :)).

As far as silk goes, if you are doing silk for everything else, price both and see which one is better. Some silk arrangements look awesome plus you will have a keepsake that will never die.

msGAJeepgurl
05-13-2009, 12:46 PM
I think that is an excellent price. I'm only doing a bridal bouquet, MOH bouquet, 4 boutinerres, and 3 mom bouquets and my original quote was 816 :scared1: I'm being re-quoted in the summer, once I actually have to place the order, so I am hoping it will be lower, if not I will be making changes (maybe I will have to go silk :)).

As far as silk goes, if you are doing silk for everything else, price both and see which one is better. Some silk arrangements look awesome plus you will have a keepsake that will never die.
Thank you! I was thinking I might be crazy, but as you'll see in my post soon we made some final decisions that made me feel way better.:goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Final decisions made:
So DF and I have made some final decisions, thank goodness, and I am feeling much more calm. Course that might have to do with the 4 months still thing, but oh well. :lmao:

Flowers:
We are doing the wedding party in real for the price I was quoted & the remainder of our decor, centerpieces, etc are going to be candles, fabric, and silk arrangements. DF then said - well we'll also preserve your bouquet and my boutinnerre. Which was also quite nice.

Cake Topper:
A sand castle :) odd given the fall theme, but goes with our favors and our Disneymoon theme.

Favors:
We are going to make a donation to the ACS in honor of our guest and in loving memory of DF's mother and my lil bro. We are also going to print on a card the Starfish Poem of how you can make a difference even if it is just to one person and give everyone a bronze starfish lapel pin. This will tie in our colors. :goodvibes

DM and I will be going shopping for my jewelry soon, "bling" for my flowers, jewelry for my bridesmaids, the guest book and pen, etc. Fun times. But I feel better.

Last night / this a.m. was pretty frustrating though. I got bummed about the insanity that is my extended family, lack thereof on DF's side, the rehersal dinner, and the fact that of our wedding party only 2 people are planning on visiting with us. In fact most of the wedding party is staying with each other and really only planning on showing up for the rehearsal/ r. dinner & the wedding. So i got upset and DF got frustrated until he finally went "I just wish it were October already" :scared1:....turns out he just wants me to not be stressed and blames the wedding and honeymoon on it.

msGAJeepgurl
05-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Fair Warning: This is a stress rant with some minor planning details. Skip my post if you dont want to see it/ hear it.

So DF and I are planning a few minor details - such as the sand colors for the Sand Ceremony. We are running into a little dilemna. I dont want our sand ceremony to permanently resemble Christmas, and yet the closest two colors to our actual wedding colors are red & green. So I'm debating on doing brown and green or perhaps silver and green or purple (my college color) and green. :confused3 I'm just at an impasse.

Plus to top it all off i cannot quit the dreams. Dreams that are not fun and are actually stressing me out more. Dreams of ex's, dreams of divorce from my DF in the future, dreams that I dont really know that I'm in love and this whole getting married thing is really me projecting my wants on what is a totally different reality. Just crazy dreams. I try telling DF about the dreams without telling him the actual content and he gets all freaked out that I'm stressing over nothing when its really I'm stressing over dreams that likely mean nothing, but they are causing me to have seriously sleep-deprived nights. The whole situation is just bad.

And then there is the rehearsal dinner. Ok I admit I wanted a perfect wedding, I also know that stuff will go wrong. That is life. I also know the economy stinks. Still, of the entire bridal party 2 members of the 6 are staying with DF and I in a hotel. One has no choice - he's from a different state, the other is my best friend in the whole wide world. My lil bro, aka "man of honor" is staying with my parents and huge amounts of extended family, and my other bridesmaid is staying with her BF who just happens to be in the wedding as well. So all that is making me frustrated...I guess I'm just of the opinion that if you knew 2 months ago that money was tight and you couldnt/didnt want to participate in this wedding then you should have said so. I wouldnt have minded. Now its like every time we turn around DF & I get accussed of always talking wedding and when we want to talk about other things with them tehy are "busy with ____." So invariably they are always with each other. I'm happy for them but jeez louise, dont yell at me if you cant show me courtesy you yourself expect.

And on top of all of that.....DF's dad, the infamous non-planner, is planning the rehearsal dinner. Granted we're happy with BBQ hole-in-the-wall joint..actually that sounds fun. But we've got 35 people coming. So any place we look at will need to 1. confirm they can host a party of that size and 2. be forewarned of the masses. Plus we have to organize transportation for some of the masses. So some planning would be nice....DF's dad's thought process. "Well we'll just pick something out that week." :scared1::scared1: Um no. I fully and totally appreciate the generosity he's giving us by paying for 35 odd people to have dinner the night before our wedding, especially given the fact that him and DF are not um "close." But please, just at least call the place and say hey...y'all open for this many people 9-11-09? Or heck, pick a place and I'll call. Sighs.

I'm sorry I'm all grumpy. This is just been on my chest and I am starting to feel like I cant vent to anyone anymore because no body wants to hear it so I hold it in and stress more and the DF & I fight. I'm ready for October.

teddygurl28
05-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh hun, for starters :hug: everything will work out...its just going to take some time........lets see.....the sand colors, i agree to not do red and green ( christmas in july maybe..but not christmas in october :santa:) now purple and green would be nice, since thats your college color, so it symbolizes a part of you..or brown being a natural sand color along with the green would work well too....whatever you decide though its going to be right, because inevitably your going to pick what "looks and feels" right at the time :idea:

now the dreams- well, thats just aniexty playing out in your subconcious. you have so much going on around you and you feel trapped because you cant vent your fears and frustrations to anyone that you are bound to manifest these somewhere and your dreams are a perfect hiding place for those :wizard: ( heh i kind of like my answer ) but honestly i think that they are just products of everything else going on, i dont know the best way to get rid of them though...other than a spa day?!

id freak over the rehersal dinner issue so im not any help there, i stress out and ocd plan too much so id need to know ahead of time too..i understand and agree with you how its very generous of him to take care of it for you guys...but maybe if you kindly remind him that some places on use limited menus for groups that big or certain rooms and that if he doesnt like calling places you would gladly do that for him but you dont want to pick the places out since this is his special part of the wedding festivities. Maybe that way he may see it as you just trying to help? I know some people jsut hate being on the phone, or dont know what they are asking for so this may be a way for you to get done what needs to get done while he still has some say?

and as for your WP welll :sad2: sometimes when people arent happy with their own lives they cant stand to be around people who are.
some of your friends may just be jealous of you impending marriage and happiness and they may just not know how to deal with it......
..or money may be an issue and they may not be able to stay at the hotel, but they may have thought that it would have been better to still be a part of your wedding in any way then not be a part at all (although that doesnt excuse if they have been ignoring you and not helping you through anything)

i dont think i have given any advice whatsoever...so i guess the only thing i can say is keep your head up....and smile, its going to be stressful, but you are marrying the man you love, in the end its all worth it and everything will turn out perfect in its own way

msGAJeepgurl
05-21-2009, 01:12 PM
you are marrying the man you love, in the end its all worth it and everything will turn out perfect in its own way

You know what...you did give advice and that right there, that is all that matters. He loves me and I love him and we are getting married. :cheer2:

msGAJeepgurl
05-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I am the most indecisive bride EVER!:rotfl:

Welp the plan for a cake topper, it changed. It changed when I took a good look at my DF's face and then secretly spoke to my mom. So as of yesterday we are now the proud owners of WillowTree's "Promise" cake topper, photo album, and guest book. God I love ebay! Sorry the image is so big....but just YAY!

http://inspirationgiftware.com.au/image.php?productid=16966

msGAJeepgurl
05-28-2009, 01:57 PM
Just a random have to share:

YAY engagement photos are Sunday. That helps balance out a slightly stressful Saturday.

See Saturday is my 2nd fitting - and my dad & brother & mother are joining me. Why....well because Saturday is also my late brother's birthday. So we'll get up, go to bridal shop, finally get my father fitted for his tux, go purchase the jewelry since we'll be 5 minutes from the store and then go to the cemetary. What an up & down day.

msGAJeepgurl
05-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh my goodness. This weekend was a mass of contradictions. What could go wrong did....

Lets see when to get my 2nd dress fitting and the bridal shop 1. Ordered the wrong color veil and 2. Didnt order my slip. Thats right ladies, not only did my veil come in but incorrectly...they completely did NOT order the necessary to be fitted correctly underskirt.

Drama 2 . . . the bridesmaid that I've had some recent frustrations with calls me today all upset. Turns out she went in to get her bridesmaid dress & its the wrong dress....correct color & length, just wrong style. Mind you - its because she ordered the wrong one. And the reason she's sooooo upset is because it doesnt fit her in the upper region correctly & I already had to call the bridal shop to fix the order 2 months ago. Plus she doesnt want to "stand out." Now I try to remain calm and say its ok, we have a guy & two girls. So they will each have a slightly different outfit. No big deal. Well she flips, so I call the David's Bridal store in her city - they city I drove to so she could try this on with me - and basically fix it, again. All she has to do is bring the dress back in, which I still dont know why she took it home in the first damn place, and I call her back. Well because the new dress cant arrive till 2 weeks before my wedding she is all "well if we cant rush order it there is no point. My mom will just alter this one" Excuse me!!!:eek::eek::eek: I just spent 30 min on the phone FIXING something & you tell me nevermind!!?!?!?! So yea - I am upset.

And on a total opposite note: DF and I had our engagement shoot today. So hopefully I'll have those pics soon. And to top it all off, I am having issues with Migraines. Like knock me out ones. DDad thinks I am having stress issues, DF is ready to throttle members of the bridal party for me. Me - I just want to breathe. I thought having the wedding planning done. I mean it done. We have the bridal party gifts, the parents gifts on the way, and its done. I though no stress. Evidently not.:confused3

msGAJeepgurl
06-07-2009, 08:31 AM
As the title mentions, we have had our engagement pics done despite the weathers plans to rain on us! ;) I'll edit this post soon with a few of my fav's below & then linked to our photo site.

For now our website:

http://alexandstephanielee.shutterfly.com/ (http://alexandstephanielee.shutterfly.com/)

LLLBelle
06-07-2009, 11:18 AM
The pictures are gorgeous! I would have a hard time picking favorites, you are an adorable couple :goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
06-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions....

Well DF & I met with our wedding coordinator for the site on Sunday evening. We selected the menu (southwestern chicken in white wine, roast beef, candied carrots, etc . . .yummy!!!) Arranged our table settings. Based on the design it will be lots of circles on a square "room" :rotfl::rotfl:

We selected our cake. Its similar to the below one but its circle / square / circle. Ivory colored, white chocolate flavored icing, with almond pound cake flavor & rasberry filling. The ribbon & vine branches will all be a coppery color. YAY for that. sorry for the large image, closest i could find.

http://cakeexpectations.ca/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/blog17.jpg

We selected the aisle runner look, which is shepards hook's holding up lengths of ivory tulle. Quite pretty. Similar to below:

http://blog.corsairevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/aisle.jpg

Because our wedding is in a gazebo, we are also going to drape tulle over the main arch above DF & I, and also have hanging baskets of flowers on the outer edges. That is our whole ceremony decor. :-D

The only downside to all of this is that there is a wedding only 4 hours prior to ours at the same location. We are handling all the decor so yea...wasnt to please, but what can you do? :confused3 So here is to trusting a lot of relatives that i havent seen in YEARS to follow directions. Luckily the one is my aunt and she's soooooo creative that i trust her. Plus she's making our centerpieces so I know she understands ;)

So much more was decided its actually kind of over-whelming. Now we get to focus on making the invites, which I will post when I can, Assembling everything together to get mailed, Sewing the table overlays, putting together boxes for each table for set-up purposes, and pulling together the bridal party gifts /out-of-town guest gifts / wedding favors. Hardly when you think about it. :rotfl::rolleyes:

msGAJeepgurl
06-09-2009, 09:31 AM
The pictures are gorgeous! I would have a hard time picking favorites, you are an adorable couple :goodvibes
aww :flower3:- thanks

msGAJeepgurl
06-09-2009, 09:34 AM
Also - we are getting ready to make our ADR's. Because I'm overly attentive to details I've made a handy-dandy daily spreadsheet. :goodvibes I'm not trying to be TOOO planning, but at the same time I'd like an idea of what is happening and when. I've put it all in this excel spreadsheet and want to share / get opinions on it, but I dont know how. Can anyone advise me?

msGAJeepgurl
06-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Welp its done, our ADR's are made. :cool1: I had scheduled these best I could around various parades, shows, and EMH. Very confusing!!!

Either way I think I did a decent job so here we go:
Mon: Sci-Fi for lunch

Tues: Coral Reef for dinner

WEd: CP char breakfast & HDDR for mid-dinner seating. I paid extra to get the 1st seating section since I figured, eh why not its our honeymoon. :goodvibes

Thu: California Grill for dinner and a Wishes viewing

Fri: Kona Cafe for dinner early and then a rush to see Spectro.

All in all I think I did quite well. Now to just make a loose schedule for the days/parks and I am set. HAHHA.

Wedding wise, the bags for the Aunts, Grandmas, and bridesmaids came in. :banana: I sat down with my DM and put together the bags for my girls just because we have all the stuff, so hey what I can get done and shuffled into a "box" works for me. I am not a last minute kind of gal. Plus we were able to select what all would go in the grandparents / aunts bags. Since they are all from out of the area, either FL or NY, we are going to make a smogerishboard of all things Georgia and/or fall related to our wedding location. Peach tea, peach jam, dried peaches, some apple cider donuts (YUM!!!!!!), some coke, RC cola, moonpies, peanuts. I think we were also going to take my DM's fancy camera up to the N. GA mountains and get some nice pics and then make prints of those for the bags. All in all a nice well-rounded and tasty treats that are going to be going into personalized bags.

msGAJeepgurl
06-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Now onto a completely different subject matter:

Make-up. I dont normally wear make-up except for special occasions and what I do wear is limited to basic foundation, powder, blush, and lip gloss.

So the big question for me is 1. how do i amp up my look without looking trashy? and 2. what is good make-up that isnt overly-costly?

I am doing my own make-up with my one Bridesmaid as she used to do it professionally, but I still need an idea of what is good make-up. I'd like to avoid mall prices, but want a better quality & longer lasting make-up than say wal-mart brands.

So do I allow more $$ for something like say Avon or Merle Norman? Or do I stick with what I know in the Ulta / drug-store brands (i.e. Maybelline, etc)? I just dont know. :confused3

msGAJeepgurl
06-16-2009, 08:47 PM
In honor of a loved one:

So I have a tattoo. Its in memory of my little brother who passed away 3 years ago today. I know many members of my family (excluding DF & immediate family) either dont know of the tattoo and/or would highly disapprove of me showing at my wedding. I also know that many a bride has covered her tattoos. So what do i do? Do I leave it knowing that hey, my mom and dad and youngest bro have one too....not that theirs will show. Or do I leave it be and say screw it to those who might not like it knowing what it means to me?

Its not huge, really its maybe 5"x9" on my shoulder but it will definately show with my dress. I personally dont care what family thinks, its my body and my brother and my way of honoring that loss when he hsould be with us. However i dont want to listen to all the *****ing.

KathyRN137
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Stephi! And congratulations!

I'm not a bride planning a Disneymoon, but I thought I'd stop by and check out your report. My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year, but I do remember the stress of planning and preparing for the big day!

Hang in there! You'll get through it, I promise!!

Kathy

LLLBelle
06-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Your reservations look great! I always seem to feel better when I am getting things done!

As far as the tattoo, if you feel comfortable having it show, let it show. If you would prefer to cover it due to family concerns, then do that. I would do what makes you happy, you can always honor your brother another way with a candle, or flower on a chair. Personally, I would probably cover the tattoo and do another remembrance just so it was not in all the pictures, but that's just me. You have to do what will make you happy.

All I can say is that it will all work out, one way or another, it will all work out.

msGAJeepgurl
06-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Your reservations look great! I always seem to feel better when I am getting things done!

As far as the tattoo, if you feel comfortable having it show, let it show. If you would prefer to cover it due to family concerns, then do that. I would do what makes you happy, you can always honor your brother another way with a candle, or flower on a chair. Personally, I would probably cover the tattoo and do another remembrance just so it was not in all the pictures, but that's just me. You have to do what will make you happy.

All I can say is that it will all work out, one way or another, it will all work out.

I think you are right, so I will keep it showing. :-p I got it for a reason.

msGAJeepgurl
06-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Stephi! And congratulations!

I'm not a bride planning a Disneymoon, but I thought I'd stop by and check out your report. My DH and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary this year, but I do remember the stress of planning and preparing for the big day!

Hang in there! You'll get through it, I promise!!

Kathy
Awww congrats for you and your DH. :goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Well this weekend was an adventure. We had our first meeting with a Pre-Marital counselor and it was very good. Both of us walked out of there feeling as though a weight had been lifted, that we had been able to communicate much more effectively, and then went on to enjoy a wonderful dinner.

We also printed all of the invitations, now just to assemble the 6 pieces per invite. Address the envelopes, add the directions because somehow I know "on top of ___ mountain" wont work as a location description, and stamp everything. No big deal right? :goodvibes:lmao:

Off Topic warning:
Now then, I'd also like to take a quick moment just to ask for some prayers, pixie dust, well wishes, anything positive you got up your sleeve for DF & I & well my whole family. On Friday I found out that its a 70% chance that I have stage 1 cervical cancer. I go for the final biopsy on Thursday. This situation is particularly terrifying for DF because his mother passed away from cervical cancer, and my brother recently passed from another cancer. So to find this out only 2 and a half months prior to our wedding is hard. Harder still when I realize I'll only be 25 on the 4th. So please...anything positive, just pray this test comes back with no cancer or if it is cancer...the kind that only needs to be cut out and that has a 99% survival rate. Thanks.

LLLBelle
06-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Well this weekend was an adventure. We had our first meeting with a Pre-Marital counselor and it was very good. Both of us walked out of there feeling as though a weight had been lifted, that we had been able to communicate much more effectively, and then went on to enjoy a wonderful dinner.

We also printed all of the invitations, now just to assemble the 6 pieces per invite. Address the envelopes, add the directions because somehow I know "on top of ___ mountain" wont work as a location description, and stamp everything. No big deal right? :goodvibes:lmao:

Off Topic warning:
Now then, I'd also like to take a quick moment just to ask for some prayers, pixie dust, well wishes, anything positive you got up your sleeve for DF & I & well my whole family. On Friday I found out that its a 70% chance that I have stage 1 cervical cancer. I go for the final biopsy on Thursday. This situation is particularly terrifying for DF because his mother passed away from cervical cancer, and my brother recently passed from another cancer. So to find this out only 2 and a half months prior to our wedding is hard. Harder still when I realize I'll only be 25 on the 4th. So please...anything positive, just pray this test comes back with no cancer or if it is cancer...the kind that only needs to be cut out and that has a 99% survival rate. Thanks.

Can't wait to see the invites. . .I'm sure they will be gorgeous! I just finished mine, so I know how you feel.

I will keep you in my prayers, my dear. :grouphug:pixiedust:pixiedust: Keep us posted.

KathyRN137
06-29-2009, 07:34 PM
Now then, I'd also like to take a quick moment just to ask for some prayers, pixie dust, well wishes, anything positive you got up your sleeve for DF & I & well my whole family.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts, Stephi! pixiedust:

Kathy

tiggerrifficheidi
06-30-2009, 01:53 AM
Praying for you. My friend had cervical cancer in her 20s. They did the procedure, and she thought she might not be able to carry kids because of it. But, she has two boys. Hope that's not TMI...just wanted you to know that positive stories are common!

auntpunkin
06-30-2009, 07:51 AM
I just got caught up on your pj...I love your cake! I had one really close to that in mind when I was doing a fall theme, it's really beautiful! I think I'd give you a run for the title of 'most indecisive" bride though and I'm now doing blue...:confused3

I know your frustration with your bridesmaid! My MOH hasn't even gone to order her dress yet and my wedding is in 2 months!! :mad: I guess I've just got to a point where I'm considering it "her" problem, not mine. I've also taken up drinking...:lmao:

I'm thinking of you and hope all turns out well with the cervical cancer; you'll be in my prayers!

msGAJeepgurl
06-30-2009, 09:43 AM
[quote=auntpunkin;32497516
I know your frustration with your bridesmaid! My MOH hasn't even gone to order her dress yet and my wedding is in 2 months!! :mad: I guess I've just got to a point where I'm considering it "her" problem, not mine. I've also taken up drinking...:lmao:

quote]

So thats what I'm doing wrong! Must go purchase some booze.:lmao::lmao::rotfl:

msGAJeepgurl
07-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Praying for you. My friend had cervical cancer in her 20s. They did the procedure, and she thought she might not be able to carry kids because of it. But, she has two boys. Hope that's not TMI...just wanted you to know that positive stories are common!

That was actually awesome to read because the one fear DF and I have is that I wont be able to carry to term. So yay for a positive story. :cool1:

msGAJeepgurl
07-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts, Stephi! pixiedust:

Kathy

Thank you so much!

msGAJeepgurl
07-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Can't wait to see the invites. . .I'm sure they will be gorgeous! I just finished mine, so I know how you feel.

I will keep you in my prayers, my dear. :grouphug:pixiedust:pixiedust: Keep us posted.

Thanks so much...I'll be posting an update with news soon. For now I'm going to enjoy the 4th and eat my birthday cake! :goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
WOOO only 60-ish more days to go!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

So obviously we've made some advances. We've gotten ALL of the decor items for both the reception and the ceremony. For only $300. :thumbsup2 I only wish I had remembered my camera the day we picked up tulle. DF was too cute walking around with a 240 yds of that stuff. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Now then on to the fun stuff, first a quick run down. I've purchased each of my bridesmaids a bag personalized (that one is mine), spa items from Bath and Body and all the jewelry for the ceremony including a necklace, earrings, and 4 hairpieces like the ones pictured. (sorry pics are so large) See....
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000661.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000651.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000645.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000643.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000653.jpg

msGAJeepgurl
07-11-2009, 03:36 PM
I also got my jewelry. :) I couldnt find anything that I liked until I found this green set. Its a bit different, but I much prefer the idea of color to "typical" silver and pearls. The hairpiece is one of 2...I am bringing them both in for my hair trial in a few weeks and I'll decide then. I'm leaning towards the one pictured. Sorry the pics are so blurry but my camera is really crummy.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000665.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000666.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000668.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000663.jpg

So on top of all of this my bachelorette party is in 2 weeks and the bridal shower is on Aug 22nd. My brother is my "man" of honor. So I got him something extra special. :rotfl:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/S5000657.jpg

Its sooooo close!!! We are working on invites now so I should be able to have assembled everything for pics by next weekend and have pics up by Sunday evening. Now just to find a better camera. On a more personal note, thank you for the thoughts and well wishes. I do actually have cervical cancer, but we are fighting this & they've already removed all of the visible cancer. I go back for more appointments in August and again after the honeymoon.

Ok back to envelope addressing. Since DF works 6 twelve-hour days a week I am doing all this on my own. Poor hand.:rotfl2:

msGAJeepgurl
07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
60 days to go!!!!!!!:banana::cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

and to all the lurkers and those who I appear to have lost, Hello. :)

Yup only 60 more days to go and not even my bum of a bridesmaid can put a damper on this. My bacherlorette party is in two weekends, and its been planned for at least a month and a half. The one BM who has presented me with lots of issues this whole time, well I called just to go Yay we'll see each other soon, and she went and I quote....
"um why?" So I go...uh bachelorette party, in your town, the one I'm driving to...remember???? the response I got was slightly hurtful and if it werent to late it would be the last straw.
"oh. I forgot. Well Dustin (BM's DBF & a groomsman) is coming down. I dont know if I'll make it."
:scared1::scared1:

Yea - so thank god for one really awesome college friend BM and a good work buddy who will be joining us. I was just amazed but w/e. I am so over being upset, but I have to say I was still very suprised by her response.

Anyway - the work buddy, she's a wedding photographer on the side and she is gifting me with her wonderful presence on several photo shoots.I'm so excited that I'll get to do the boudoir shoot for DF & she'll be doing all my prep photos so that I dont have to pay the wedding photographer an extra $100 for that. Yay for plans coming together. :goodvibes

I also made the packing list for DF & I for disney, :scared1:, holy cow. GA has this lovely tax-free holiday in July so I thought we could purchase any items we need at that time. Save at least a little $$. Turns out we are not prepared at all. So I think we are going to do a practice packing run just to put it all together this weekend and then make our shopping list. I about fainted when I figured it up, I can only hope I am wrong.

Disneymoon advances
So DF and I have agreed on the following must do items:
1. sea raycers
2. as many rides as we can get our pretty little butts on. :laughing:
3. at least an hour or so at DisneyQuest - probably on our waterpark planned day
4. a carriage ride :lovestruc

The only one I hesitate about is the first one, because I get car sick. Never gotten sick on a boat, but its also been about 8 years since I have been on one. So :confused3 who knows?

Anyway - I think that is about it.

Items I still need to do are:
1. purchase sand ceremony items
2. write vows....:lmao: so far from this its not funny
3. flowers
4. put decor in actual boxes for set-up
5. stuff invites...and take pics
6. not lose my mind :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2:

Anyway - off to look at excel spreadsheets. Have a wonderful day everyone!

LLLBelle
07-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Yea for 60 days! It will be here before you know it. :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm sorry to hear about the cervical cancer, I'll keep you in my prayers that everything ends up being okay :hug:

It seems like you are getting a lot done. That is horrible about your BM, I don't understand why people have to be that way. I can't see the pictures of your jewelry at work, but I'm sure it is beautiful!

msGAJeepgurl
07-18-2009, 09:26 PM
We did it, we did it!! DF & I FINALLY got all of the invites assembled, stuffed, and ready to go out. I will be uploading pics tomorrow as I have to get them off my darling bro's camera first.

Also - we caved. Today we went out and talked about the cost of a new camera, compared to the photopass CD, and getting each other wedding gifts. Well we went with the new camera. MWAHAHAH. I love it. Here is brand new Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Great for the non-pro camera wielding enthusiast, with amazing night results, and a great up-close focus as well as 20x zoom. Plenty for DF & I to enjoy for the next several years.:goodvibes

http://www.dicameras.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/canon-powershot-sx10-is-review.jpg

msGAJeepgurl
07-18-2009, 09:28 PM
It seems like you are getting a lot done. That is horrible about your BM, I don't understand why people have to be that way. I can't see the pictures of your jewelry at work, but I'm sure it is beautiful!

Aww thank you. And I agree, but DF & I talked and we've agreed that any regrets from this wedding will be hers. Not ours. So in only 7 days I'll be off to enjoy my bachelorette party. Now to find a dress!

msGAJeepgurl
07-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Invite pics:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0084.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0086.jpg

LLLBelle
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
The invites came out great. They look awesome.

teddygurl28
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
hey there stranger! i am all caught up!
the invites came out so nice! i think they tie in with everything so nicely

you need to tell me about disneyquest :rotfl2: ive never been but im thinkin DF and I need to hit that up!!

On a personal note-I went through the cervical cancer deal..it was stressful, but stay strong and positive...its amazing how common it is....your in my prayers and i hope that you, like me can be cancer free :thumbsup2

msGAJeepgurl
07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
The invites came out great. They look awesome.
:goodvibes Thank you - how is that photographer issue going??

msGAJeepgurl
07-22-2009, 08:58 AM
hey there stranger! i am all caught up!
the invites came out so nice! i think they tie in with everything so nicely

you need to tell me about disneyquest :rotfl2: ive never been but im thinkin DF and I need to hit that up!!

On a personal note-I went through the cervical cancer deal..it was stressful, but stay strong and positive...its amazing how common it is....your in my prayers and i hope that you, like me can be cancer free :thumbsup2

:goodvibes YAY for being caught up - I am working yours :thumbsup2

I am half tempted to do Disneyquest, but worried DF wont like it so we'll see. Either way I shall report my heart out!;)

Thanks for the sentiments about cancer - in all techinicallity (sp??) I do indeed have cancer. BUT Its been removed and now we are on watch for any more so we can treat those signs. Either way I go back to the doctor in 2 and a half weeks for more reviews. :cool2:

msGAJeepgurl
07-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Well I had my bachelorette party & much fun was had by all. In an effort to avoid um...non-Disney-esque photography on this site, I'll simply say PM me if you want the link & I'll send the info over.

On a high note, only 43 more DAYS!!!!!! Mom & I are doing the florist thing Saturday and then DF & I will be shopping. :cool1: Its tax free weekend on clothes in GA, so we will be hunting the clearance racks for all items summery whilst avoiding sales tax costs. So far we've managed to find nice shirts for him, tanks for me, and then some basics. Oh and shirts for the BM's that will get iron-on "Bridesmaid" designs soon too. :goodvibes

Now then: Question regarding photo moments at Disney....How many of y'all used Disney Photopass vs your own camera? And will Disney photopass people take a pic of you with your own camera? Any help would be greatly appreciated!:):):)

LLLBelle
07-31-2009, 10:39 AM
That's so exciting. . .43 days!!

My photographer issues are good, we are hired a new one, sooo excited!

I'm glad that your bachlorette party was a lot o fun! That's awesome about the tax-free day, I miss when I lived in Jersey, they don't tax clothes, shoes, or anything like that, it was a shocker when I moved to AZ because they tax everything out here.

As far as the photopass, I can not say from first hand, but I have read on the boards that the photopass folks can not refuse to take a picture with your camera. You can pre-order the Photopass CD for $99, I know the link is on here and I have it in my e-mail at home, but if you order it after your trip, the new price is $150 (I believe).

msGAJeepgurl
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Groomsman Gifts!!!

Ok so after much deliberation & prodding, DF FINALLY decided on groomsman gifts. See, his groomsman are as follows: his bro - whom he doesnt talk to all that much, who is preppy & drinks; a great friend - who is a mechanic, redneck as all heck & doesnt drink; a "good" friend who would be kicked out of the wedding if it werent only 39 days away - doesnt drink.

So anyway - this has been cause for much debate. At the mall last weekend he finally made up his mind. :cool1::cool1:
Each groosman is getting a mini red lunch box with an RC cola & some mini moonpies. Plus the following gifts tucked inside:

Best Man & my lil bro (aka "man" of honor) are getting monogramed picture frame cuff links:
http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/12659/30d/s7diod-isorigin.scene7.com/is/image/ThingsRemembered/000609854?$269x269$

The other two groosman are getting .... wait for it....(remember how redneck we are) Beltbuckles!
Great friend is getting superman . . .
http://nesbuckle.com/avactis-images/Superhero_Superman_Logo_Belt_Buckle.jpg

Not so great friend gets a Dodge Ram one...
http://www.paylessbuckles.com/imagemagic.php?img=3M%2FG09nVpJeeopO9sqw%3D&w=165&h=123&page=

Luckily that takes care of all of our wedding party gifts. Now if only the centerpieces were going oh so nicely. As you may, or may not remember....we were going to do half flower buckets (which are still happening :goodvibes ) and half floating candle vases. Mom and I went out and purchased pretty colored stones, the candles, all the items we might possibly need in order to make these vases happen. We ordered our vases AND our table overlays online. Well two days ago we found out they cancelled the order due to some payment issues & we were welcome to re-order, but they wouldnt arrive until 10-1-09. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

So after some quick debate and creative thinking . . .we decided on using Mason Jars as our "vases." The overlays we found again - on a new site, that can ship them to us by next weekend. :woohoo:So at least we managed to get that done. We also got our flowers taken care of, $500 for everything + delivery. This place is so amazing, she's only charging us $100 for a 3 hour delivery. :thumbsup2

Saturday is my hair trial and formal bridal shoot, so hopefully I'll have those pics up by Sunday. Depends on how fast I can get copies. Either way I'll get pics up of my hair then as I'm taking those. :rotfl:

Lets see, am I forgetting anything? Its getting crazy again - everyone said that if you plan a lot ahead, the month before wont be crazy. They lied! Its the pulling all of the planning together that drives you crazy. The only good thing is, the closer we get, the less fighting DF & I are doing. Some of the stress in the past few months has been crazy, and lately we've just been well :love:.

msGAJeepgurl
08-04-2009, 08:17 AM
That's so exciting. . .43 days!!

My photographer issues are good, we are hired a new one, sooo excited!

I'm glad that your bachlorette party was a lot o fun! That's awesome about the tax-free day, I miss when I lived in Jersey, they don't tax clothes, shoes, or anything like that, it was a shocker when I moved to AZ because they tax everything out here.

As far as the photopass, I can not say from first hand, but I have read on the boards that the photopass folks can not refuse to take a picture with your camera. You can pre-order the Photopass CD for $99, I know the link is on here and I have it in my e-mail at home, but if you order it after your trip, the new price is $150 (I believe).

:yay: Yay for finding a new photographer, those are hard to come by!! The tax free weekend was awesome, we got everything we were missing for under $200. That's 8 tanks, pack of shirts for DF, pack of um "undies" for moi, two pairs of shorts for DF, three for me, a purse, two pairs of crocs sandals, two ponchos, and a backpack. Go clearance tax free!

Thanks for the info about photopass, I know some of it - I just dont know if its worth it. I figure at worst we'll get the card & ask them to take our pics with our camera ALWAYS.

teddygurl28
08-04-2009, 09:14 AM
atleast its all coming together! i dont think there is ever enough time to plan :rotfl2:

as for photopass...i didnt do it last year..but i plan on it next year...however the photopass people were willing to take the photo with our camera last year..its just a basic point and shoot camera though so it wasnt tooo hard for them to screw up ( believe me they tried ) so i decided next year to do the photo pass cd along with also asking them to take photos with my camera....you can never have to many disney photos!!!!

you must be getting so excited!!!!

LLLBelle
08-04-2009, 10:46 AM
That's awesome that everything is coming together. And getting stuff done is always great! It just lifts a bit more weight off your shoulders. Plus a good deal doesn't hurt either :goodvibes

It will be here before you know it!

msGAJeepgurl
08-12-2009, 08:58 AM
atleast its all coming together! i dont think there is ever enough time to plan :rotfl2:

as for photopass...i didnt do it last year..but i plan on it next year...however the photopass people were willing to take the photo with our camera last year..its just a basic point and shoot camera though so it wasnt tooo hard for them to screw up ( believe me they tried ) so i decided next year to do the photo pass cd along with also asking them to take photos with my camera....you can never have to many disney photos!!!!

you must be getting so excited!!!!

:lmao:You are so right! Its getting closer & I'm starting to have weird planning nightmares. Last night was the dress got steamed, but when it came back it was white not ivory!! We have everything - but I think until the day of, I just wont quit planning.

Thanks for the info about the Photopass. :thumbsup2 We are going to bring our camera and hope for the best since we are buying a house in 2 months.

YAY I am getting married!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

msGAJeepgurl
08-12-2009, 08:59 AM
It will be here before you know it!

One day I'll figure out how to multi-quote....but you are right, its almost here. Thank Goodness!!!!! :worship:

msGAJeepgurl
08-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Small update:

Our items from the wonderful world of DW have shipped. I did my hair trial - it looked AMAZING!!!! The bridesmaid gifts are wrapped. The groomsmen gifts are in the mail. I'm losing my mind, but hey its all coming together.

I have to say, when I sat in the chair at the hair salon with my momma and the lady spent 4 hours doing my hair. :eek: I had time to think. Mostly cause I couldnt do anything else, but talk. :lmao: I was so happy I finally felt like this dream that I've been working on for a year is coming true. So I'll admit - we put the veils in to see "the look" & I teared up. You spend so much time sweating and working on the big day, that you forget to enjoy the experience. So for me, the hair trial was a pleasure. I got to enjoy that feeling of being "the bride." I lost it a little later that day because my dad had to help take out 200 bobby pins & my DF was in Kansas for a week and I missed him, but hey - the moment was great!

LLLBelle
08-12-2009, 11:13 AM
So exciting! I'm glad your hair went well. And it is definitely a good point, we get so wrapped up in the planning and we sometimes lose the whole purpose, until it is there staring at us.

I know you commented on the shirt design in my PJ, let me know if you want any help designing one :goodvibes I'm happy to help.

msGAJeepgurl
08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
So exciting! I'm glad your hair went well. And it is definitely a good point, we get so wrapped up in the planning and we sometimes lose the whole purpose, until it is there staring at us.

I know you commented on the shirt design in my PJ, let me know if you want any help designing one :goodvibes I'm happy to help.

Isnt that the truth!!! And thank you - I'm going to talk to DF before making a final decision on the shirts. I'll PM you if we decide to get them. :goodvibes

msGAJeepgurl
08-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Centerpieces!!

Well, only 3.5 weeks to go. The bridal shower is Saturday & I cannot wait!!! :cool1: We've also managed to get all of our centerpieces done. We are going to have floating candles in mason jars on half the tables & galvanized buckets with wild flowers on the rest of the tables. I've also put them in boxes for easy set up due to the fact we really only have 2 hours to get everything set.

Imagine this with water & little 4 oz mason jars around it. :)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0202.jpg

This will also have votives in green with little fern leaf prints around it.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0204.jpg

There will be 3 tables per box. We'll have 2 jar tables & 1 flower table per box. The table overlays we ordered, the centerpiece items, and then the mini diamonds that will be sprinkled all over the tables. This box has the mini mason jars, the tall mason jars, table overlays, and diamond sprinkles.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0203.jpg

I'll more updates soon. We really are pulling all the little pieces together so I'll be updating more. I plan on getting updates on the guest favors & the shower ASAP.:thumbsup2

msGAJeepgurl
09-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Well its 3 days out and I have so many updates I do not know where to begin.

The bridal shower was great, we recieved so much wonderful kitchen supplies off of our registry & recipes galore. Additionally, we've recieved our nice set of silverware which is just great! :cool1:

We are all packed & ready to leave for our wedding & honeymoon. The decorations are packed, all that we need is the dress (picked up thursday) and tuxes and our bridal party. :rotfl:They dont get in till friday. Now it just needs to not rain!!!!

I'll try to have a better TR than my PJ was, but honestly with shopping for a house, planning a wedding, and working full-time I just got busy.

teddygurl28
09-09-2009, 10:26 AM
its soooo close!! you must be so excited!

its amazing how life can get in the way of the disboard isnt it lol but thats okay we understand :rotfl2:

best of luck with everything..i hope the dress pick up tomorrow goes well ..im sure it will :wizard:

dont stress about rain..hopefully it wont but even if it does its only water and after all the planning its the one thing you cant control ( im sucha hypocrite bc i know the day of ill be freaking about rain but hey i can try and be helpful right!)

msGAJeepgurl
09-24-2009, 03:55 PM
Welp we're married, I'm going to start a TR Friday (ok, its mostly written actually...I'll just start posting it soon)

The wedding day reflection will have to come later because I need the pics! Keep watching!

LLLBelle
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read the report!

princess22
09-27-2009, 12:59 AM
YAY! Congrats. Can't wait to read the TR:goodvibes

WDWBride04/19/2010
09-27-2009, 01:01 AM
Welp we're married

Congrats! :)

Wish on a Star
09-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Welp we're married, I'm going to start a TR Friday (ok, its mostly written actually...I'll just start posting it soon)

The wedding day reflection will have to come later because I need the pics! Keep watching!

Very exciting! Congrats!

msGAJeepgurl
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, here is the beginning. I honestly dont know how good I will be at updating mostly because I've gotten the post-wedding blues. That and I am not feeling the love from DIS I guess? Maybe I need a break, maybe it needs a break from me. Not sure. Either way - I'll try to see this through promptly.

This is going to be my first TR ever, so please bear with me. I’ve got lots of pics & it seems kinda wordy, but I’ll post updates every other day until I’m done. I know how frustrating it can be to wait for updates. At the end of the TR I’ll give out my ratings on everything. I’ll try to get DH to interject at least a little something for every day, but I don’t know how easy that will be.

Day 1 (aka Sunday):
Basically we woke up this morning and decided, nope …. Still don’t feel married. Loaded up the car and walked down the hill to breakfast. I’m hoping to spend a weekend up at the resort again soon so we can get pictures, oh surprise btw honey! Anyway, we woke up took a look at the car
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0377.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0379.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0381.jpg

And basically got ready to go before heading to brunch with the family. Finally we got on the road.
This is our drive:
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0388.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0391.jpg

10 hours later, we see “The Sign.” We showed up through the only rain we really saw that week at I think it was 10 p.m. We unloaded, well ok paid a bellhop to do it, and then basically we crashed.The one great thing about our room (6086) was that we had a King bed & normal bathroom. View - not so good, huge bed with fluffy pillows & a normal shower was AWESOME. Yes that is me sleeping on the bed, I get car sick and this drive about killed me. Flying from now on.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0395.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0400.jpg

All in all, not that exciting of a day I know. AS soon as I wrangle DH into writing is thoughts I'll post Day 2. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. Now I'm off to cook.

msGAJeepgurl
09-29-2009, 06:36 PM
YAY! Congrats. Can't wait to read the TR:goodvibes
Thank you :) I hope you enjoy the TR:thumbsup2

msGAJeepgurl
09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Very exciting! Congrats!
Thanks!! I hope yours goes wonderful. 1 week to go!!!:cool1:

LLLBelle
09-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Yea! I'm glad you started your TR. You guys stayed at Wilderness, right? I'm not sure if I missed that or not.

teddygurl28
09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Congrats Hun! SO happy for you!!!!!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

glad to see you back and starting a TR
also cant wait to see pics from the wedding ( though i know we have to wait for those...)

ohhh 10hr drive? that would hurt me too....im not a good car person

msGAJeepgurl
10-15-2009, 02:56 AM
OMG - I am so sorry this took so long, but I can honestly say that the reality of being married (1 whole month) caught up with us. Lives got busy & I failed you. My apologies....

Let me preface Day 2 with saying, those comments in RED, are comments from my DH. The PIC notes are where I'll update & add the photopass pics once I actually get the photopass.

Day 2, Monday – AK & HS:
AK
This was our first day at Disney. We woke up bright and early and took the car over to the AK for EMH. We showed up right at 9 a.m., because we do not possess the ability to be anywhere before 8 a.m. Right as we walked in we headed straight to Everest (DW LOVED the ride, although I LOVED her reaction more…lil’ miss “I-won’t-open-my-eyes”! LOL, HILARIOUS!) and along the way took some pics. Stitch was visiting the AK that day & decided to say hi to us.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0403.jpg
PIC
PIC
We got our fast passes & then hopped in line to ride Everest. It was great because I do not think we waited more than 20 min the ENTIRE trip for a ride. Actually correct, we got our fast passes & went over to Jungle Cruise, which we LOVED!!!!, despite my bouncing out of the seat twice. We had a great shot of the flamingoes & of a giraffe.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0428.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0417.jpg
From here we headed back to Asia (???) with a brief stop by food for some fruit & cokes. Thank God for free dining! Anyway, first ride on E & I screamed like a banshee. DH just laughed & laughed…I felt so loved & cherished. The couple in front of us made fun of me & egged us on before offering congrats. So as we left, they teased me & to show them wrong I got right back on again with them!
About this time I was ready to just take a break, so off we headed to the rapids. I must say, I was quite disappointed . . . the ride at Six Flags in GA is more exciting. We rode, we laughed, we wore ponchos & still I got my bum soaked. Once off I perfected the technique of drying & wrapping a poncho into a backpack without letting it soak anything else. I was quite good. (Actually folks, she’s a pro at this…) From here, we looked around and basically went . . . hey lets go walk through the jungle. We really did enjoy this. Got some great pics, isn’t my DH handsome!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0401.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0455.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c120/ruby7484/IMG_0472-1.jpg