PDA

View Full Version : Room Request Tips

Turtle31
04-08-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi Everyone,
This will be our first time staying at BCV as owners :banana: ! ( Actually we have never stayed here) - can't wait !! Anyhoo- Anybody have any great tips on the best way to get a room with the Epcot View? We are staying in a Studio. Should I call up MS and list off every room number I would be happy with. Or should I just say something like Room #5** or any room 3rd floor or higher with Epcot view? And when is the best time to make this request? When we stayed at POR I called the hotel direct at three days out and they were able to secure my request. ( I realize it was different because it was just a certain bldg req.) But can BCV do anything similar? And on the day we arrive if I am given a room I really don't want - say first floor looking at the woods - can I ask them to see if there is anything else available?
Thanks for any tips anyone is able to give. I would love to be able to stay my first time and have a perfect view!!

disneynutz
04-08-2009, 02:11 AM
The more detailed your request, the less chance that you will get it. There really isn't a Epcot view, not a good one anyway. Trees with a service area and road below.

You could try, "high floor, Epcot view", just remember it won't be a great view.

dianeschlicht
04-08-2009, 07:34 AM
When you call MS to request Epcot view at BCV, they will tell you there is no Epcot view. I have to agree, that the little bit of Epcot view you might get will also have a service road in it, and that could be a bit of a noise issue.

Sometimes requesting something too specific just results in shooting yourself in the foot. I usually just take my chances and request nothing. I've rarely been disappointed, and if I am, I still have at least 35 years of more trips to get a better one.

rpk1951
04-08-2009, 01:17 PM
I agree. We are not in the rooms that much anyway.

circhead
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
When I'm at BCV I ask for a villa pool view. The way it's situated you can see the MK fireworks from your patio.

Goofy's apprentice
04-08-2009, 06:49 PM
We had the 'epcot view' at BCV one year. I think it should actually be called 'swamp view'. Lovely room and we loved our stay there but I definitely think that BCV really doesn't have the wonderful views that other DVC's do. Not to worry, it is a wonderful resort and you will find many things to love. Just don't get hung up on which view.

katallo
04-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Our only request has been "highest Floor" and we've had a great view of the fireworks 3 times!

Turtle31
04-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Thank you all so much for your help. I guess I will just ask for floor 4 or 5 please ! And don't worry I am not that hung up on the view, I can't wait to get there and have fun !!

Orionbaby410
04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
When you call to make your reservations ask for 4th or 5th floor facing epcot. Remember nothing is set in stone, but if you check in early, you get first pick. We stayed in room 425 and the view was great - i mean you cant see the ball, but the fireworks of course. (Half of the fireworks are close to the water and you will not see them) So dont forget to see them in person too! They are by far the best fireworks!