PDA

View Full Version : Another restaurant thread!

Verity Chambers
04-07-2009, 05:54 AM
We have got stuck in the rut of going to the same rstaurants each time we visit DLP and would like to try somewhere new this year (July). We are 2 adults and Evie who is 3, but not a fussy eater. We usually go to Cafe Mickey, Annettes, Walts, Planet Hollywood and Inventions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also if it is buffet, TS etc.

Thanks in advance!! :goodvibes Verity. x

mommy2ash
04-07-2009, 06:05 AM
i love the silver spur in frontierland. its a table service restaraunt. i had a lovely steak there, no fat, cooked perfectly. i cant wait to eat there again in october. there are pics on the review thread.

we are also going back to the rainforest. a lovely meal and ash loved all the animal sounds and that. again pics are on the review thead

torres_fan
04-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Another vote for silver spur....really lovely in there. Gorgeous food and fairly nice atmosphere!

cap'njack.
04-07-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm going to shock you all....my vote goes for....The Cheyenne Buffet :goodvibes

I ususally dislike buffets but this is a very good one, food is great quality and there is always loads of it.

mommy2ash
04-07-2009, 06:26 AM
I'm going to shock you all....my vote goes for....The Cheyenne Buffet :goodvibes

I ususally dislike buffets but this is a very good one, food is great quality and there is always loads of it.

i think i might try a buffet next trip. ash can eat free, if i dont like something then pick something else. my only trouble is i like relaxing meals and im not sure i can get that from a buffet. maybe the plaza gardens

Belle's World
04-07-2009, 06:31 AM
There is Blue Lagoon, table service and a tad pricey, you either seem to love it or hate it.
I have heard great things about the Cheyenne buffet and will be trying this for the first time in June.
Ro

cap'njack.
04-07-2009, 06:31 AM
i think i might try a buffet next trip. ash can eat free, if i dont like something then pick something else. my only trouble is i like relaxing meals and im not sure i can get that from a buffet. maybe the plaza gardens

The Cheyenne is very relaxed if you can get there for about 6 to 6:30pm. It really starts to get busy by around 7:30pm so I'd always advise being done by then if at all possible. Kacee loves the buffet as we say he can have as much of whatever he wants :goodvibes

Belle's World
04-07-2009, 06:33 AM
Forgot to say, we ate in Silverspur in Dec 2004 and a great meal, good atmosphere and service. Went back in Jan 2006 and the menu and changed dramatically as ahd the service. That wasa long time ago now so hopefully it is top notch again although i'm not sure we will be trying it on our next trip.

Ro

DLPdaft
04-07-2009, 06:38 AM
On my most recent trip, I loved Cape Cod at the Newport Bay Club (full buffet) and also enjoyed La Grange at Billy Bobs in the Village (again, full buffet).
The good thing about both these restaurants, for me, was that we were there after the parks closed (had 8pm reservations at both) and there was plenty of food, and plenty of choice, at both. Neither restaurant was full either (but this was midweek, low season).

torres_fan
04-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Oh for a buffet id definatly go for Billy Bobs. Food was delicious, lots of it and service was brilliant too.

Bolanette87
04-07-2009, 08:02 AM
If you like Inventions have you thought about trying the California Grill? It's the Disneyland Hotel Table Service Restaurant. They often have a lovely kids menu there too, and if your three year old isn't fussy it might be a good option!

We ate at the Blue Lagoon (Table Service, Adventureland, in the POTC ride!) and really enjoyed it, but I'm afraid I can't recall what the kids menu options were (The two young boys sat on a table nearby seemed to be very happy with their dinner though! ;)). I would also vouch for the Rainforest Cafe (TS Disney Village)- The theming is amazing and the food is lovely.... Really enjoy eating here....! I'll never understand people that say its just for kids- We've seen adults walking round and being utterly entranced by the whole place! Love it!

Oh, and another recomendation from us would be The Steakhouse in the Disney Village- Very delicious food! It does get very busy in the evenings though, so I would recommend booking a table!

Bob oxxoxoxoxoxoxox

Jonjo
04-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I would sugest The Blue Lagoon in Adventureland, the California Grill at the Disneyland Hotel, Walts American Resturant in Main Street and The Steakhouse in the village.

juttawdw
04-07-2009, 08:58 AM
sorry to break in on this thread: does anyone knows what is on the buffet at cheyenne?

manxtatt2
04-07-2009, 12:55 PM
i second the cheyenne buffet

on offer - cant remember everything but heres a few things

soups/rolls
salads
chicken wings, drumsticks , ribs, pork , chicken, beef , fish
chips, potatoes, veg
kids section like chips burgers, chicken nnuggets
loads of desserts

im sure someone can fill you in further