PDA

View Full Version : The transfer bus from CDG airport

Juneybear
04-06-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm kinda scared to book a time on the bus in case the flight is delayed or something. Can you just turn up at the transfer bus stop or does it need to be booked in advance?

Thanks!!

mommy2ash
04-06-2009, 03:31 PM
i havent ever travelled by bus we get a private transfer but there is no need to pay in advance you can just pay the driver as you board. the same for the way back

steve_rob
04-06-2009, 03:57 PM
We travel on the bus from the airport every time and I have to admit I did not know you could pre-book a particular time. We always just turn up, pay and get on (never known a bus be completely full) so I think you needn't worry about pre-booking.

jillrobinson
04-06-2009, 05:08 PM
and I actually saw a guy walking around the airport with a VEA sign in March, so very easy to find. :)

DLPdaft
04-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Same here, we often get the VEA bus from CDG, and never prebook. Just pay the driver when we get on the bus.

Juneybear
04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Cheers guys!

:)

GuardMusic
04-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Must you pay in Euros or do they accept credit card?

fd1972uk
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
We have our transfers pre-booked.

So guess we have like a voucher we just give the driver?

We've booked with DLP through a travel company.

Have heard that getting on the VEA shuttle bus with the crowds is quite scary. Is this not the case then?

We travel on 1st June.

FD

DLPdaft
04-21-2009, 09:03 AM
My flight arrives at terminal 1 at CDG, which has always been first pick-up when I've got on the VEA there. So no, I've not experienced any rugby scrums to get on the VEA bus :).
It can be busy on the return journey, so be at the bus stop outside your hotel in plenty of time to get your luggage stowed and get on the bus.

Steve vRS
04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
If there are 4 or 5 of you, the cost difference between the bus and a private car is quite small. It more than compensates the lack of waiting at each end which can be quite long in our experience. We have used the bus twice and a car once and will be using the car again this September.

Steve