PDA

View Full Version : Dream job

wdi2b
04-05-2009, 12:19 AM
personally my dream job is that i want to be an imagineer... more specifically
i want to be an engineer. it'll take a while but it's practically not work at all.

-wat bout you's peoples

Handbag Lady
04-05-2009, 02:04 AM
Keep at it. Go to Cal Tech. Follow your dreams.

I have my dream job, thank you very much! :thumbsup2

Disney Dreams
04-05-2009, 02:39 AM
i want to be an engineer. it'll take a while but it's practically not work at all.

-wat bout you's peoples

Well, there is a giant difference between an engineer and an imagineer. If you would like to be an engineer, study hard, and work hard towards that goal. However, I might suggest that you contact some engineers and speak with them about their work so you can learn more about it. If you believe that it is "practically not work at all" I think you will be massively surprised to learn exactly what it entails.

Good luck and follow your dreams!

mechurchlady
04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
I would love to be in charge of disabled services for DLR. The dream job would be high in corporate so I could take over DLR.

I would move Yamabuki to Downtown Disney. I would put in the motor boats again. Do something with the empty spaces and work to make the park more allergen friendly. I would destroy some records, muahaha, and would come to the parks and talk with the CMs. Nobody would know I was a CEO, nope. I would listen to ride operators and guests.

No more rice noodles with ketchup. Disabled parking would not be a mile hike to get an ECV or Wheelchairs.

TravelingJen24
04-05-2009, 10:50 AM
I have always wanted to be an attorney for Disney. I live in Fresno, so we would have to make a move to LA, which I'm not sure that I could do at this point in my life, but I can always think about the future. For now I guess I'll just keep moving up the court system. Maybe someday though.

CanadianPaco
04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm a health inspector so I could go check out all the food safety issues at DL!:cool1:

PinkBudgie
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
There is a book called Imagineers Field Guide to Disneyland. You should check it out. There are actually many jobs that make up the Imagineering dept. From artistic to scientific. Those who design the tracks for the ride, design the signs, the words, the settings inside the ride, the characters who move in the ride, etc.

The other day I heard a talk show host on the radio say his dream job was to be the guy who sells the popcorn at WDW! :rotfl:

My dream job would be the person who researches for one of the travel guides to DLR or WDW. Of course I'd have to go there numerous times to try everything. :rotfl:

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
04-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I don't know that I would want to work for Disney per se, as it might take away some of the magic. Kind of like how when you are in High School and you get a job at your favorite fast food place and discover three months in that it isn't your fave anymore LOL!

But if I had my druthers I would have a job that would take me to Anaheim several times a year AND gave me perks like free park tickets AND a membership to Club 33 AND.....:hyper:

wdi2b
04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
1st off, imagineer is a job title, engineering is the discipline.
2nd i do have the field guide, honestly i love it. if u go soon you should really get the new book. i got mine signed by alice davis( the creator of IASW original costumes.) she was fun to talk to.

ParkHoppa
04-07-2009, 09:48 PM
My dream job is to live in Disneyland forever. Wait, thats not a job is it? They Could pay me if they wanted you know...... :lmao::goodvibes:upsidedow

grumpyvet
04-07-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, I kinda have my dream job, I am a veterinarian.

But, if I could extend that to magically having all sorts of exotic animal knowledge, I would like to be a vet at the Animal Kingdom!!!

Stacerita
04-07-2009, 11:29 PM
My dream job would to be a CIA operative, or work within the CIA as an intel agent. And I would want a cool code name to go with it.

grumpyvet
04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
My dream job would to be a CIA operative, or work within the CIA as an intel agent. And I would want a cool code name to go with it.

Felony by any chance?

Stacerita
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Felony by any chance?

Now that would be a great code name, and pretty ironic at the same time.

grumpyvet
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Now that would be a great code name, and pretty ironic at the same time.

And quite versatile, in case you need a 2nd, night job!!!!!!!!:yay:

Queenbillabong
04-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Felony by any chance?

:lmao:

Stacerita
04-07-2009, 11:39 PM
And quite versatile, in case you need a 2nd, nigh job!!!!!!!!:yay:

Very true. ;)

Silly Little Pixie
04-07-2009, 11:59 PM
I always wanted to be either Donald or Daisy Duck. I'm really short, and they are usually the shortest of the characters so I know I'd be great! And I have a high tolerance for heat...and as an elementary teacher, a LOT of patience!

Sherwin
04-08-2009, 02:55 AM
On facebook, I actually made a significantly long list of professions I wanted to do. And trust me. It's long. But seeing as life is as short as it is, I have to narrow it down.

Right now, I'm studying for BA degree in Architectural Studies here in Seattle, which I will then move on to a MSRED for grad work (MS in Real Estate Development), preferrably at USC, but more and more schools are offering it now (it's a relatively new program to many schools). I'm also an avid jazz musician, so I'd love to land a job as a musician cast member at DL while I'm in Southern Cal. Then I'll see where this education lands me! Maybe a path might lead me to Disney, maybe a path will lead me somewhere else.

soon2bmrs87
04-24-2009, 06:08 PM
I wanted to make wedding cakes for Disneyland but then I ended up working at a Six Flags theme park and fell in love with working in the offices. So now I'm going to school to do that, and hopefully will end up at Disneyland =).

Boo Bear
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure what the job title would be but I would want to make fine art photographs for Disney to sell. They'd truly be unique and could be used for advertising and marketing. Digital and photoshop type work. Hard to explain....

laura&fam
05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
1st off, imagineer is a job title, engineering is the discipline.
2nd i do have the field guide, honestly i love it. if u go soon you should really get the new book. i got mine signed by alice davis( the creator of IASW original costumes.) she was fun to talk to.

Be an engineer. They're awesome! O.k. so I may be a little biased, but honestly I love it. I'm a civil engineer and I don't work for DL, which would be even better, but I do like going to work most days. Doing something you like, whatever you like, makes all the difference.

RiverLou
05-03-2009, 03:29 AM
Pastry Chef/Baker... I have my certification, just lacking motivation at the moment. I'm definitely aesthetically oriented, and I like giving people a bit of joy.

daisy2jae
05-04-2009, 04:14 PM

-wat bout you's peoples

I run a daycare in my home. I watch 12 children. I start at 6:30AM and don't get done until 5:30PM. I would love to have a daycare center with the touch of a home setting if at all possible. I love to sit and play with the kids all day. But being the only adult in the house makes it hard. I have babies to feed and meals to cook. Sounds crazy but I'd rather spend the day on the floor playing dress up, barbies, cars, or whatever they have in their imagination for the day! I love to watch them learning to talk, walk, or learning their ABC's. Plus I get to stay home with my kids. Keep dreaming anything is possible:)

teacherlisa1978
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
My dream Disney job is actually in WDW: I want to captain one of the boats that go between the Port Orleans hotels and Downtown Disney. Short fun trips with nice scenery and in my favorite place.

At disneyland my dream job would be to either play in the marching band or be one of the awesome Disney gardeners.