PDA

View Full Version : Make a Wish Trip Planning

josabbimommy
04-05-2009, 12:29 AM
I'm going to start my Pre Trip MAW Report by telling you a little bit about why we're going on a wish trip.

My husband (Chris) and I are high school sweethearts. We got married two weeks after I graduated from college and we're pregnant within six months of getting married. While this was not the plan, that's the way it happened. We were happy to be having a litte boy, who we decided to name Joseph Franklin (after his great grandfather and grandfather). I went into labor on the one year anniversary of Sept. 11, but didn't deliver until the next day. I had a traumatic delivery experience that culminated with an emergency csection. It was not a good experience. But we had a beautiful baby boy that looked exactly like his daddy. I was excited to be a new mom and couldn't wait to start doing all those mom things. When our son was 4 months old I went back to work and everything was going really well. We had close family members that watched our DS while we were working and being a nurse, I only worked a few days a week anyway. Then one day while at work my husband called to tell me that I needed to get to the hospital, that our 5 month old son was unconscious and seizing and on the way to the hospital. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped at this point and I'm not sure how I drove myself to the hospital. It wasn't until late in the evening (the day was February 19th) that we found out our precious little baby had a tumor in his brain. After being transferred to the Medical College of Virginia, we found out DS had a rare, benign tumor of the brain that cause seizures, developmental delays, and many other yet to be found out problems. It was incurable and DS would never be a normal child. The diagnosis was a Hypothalamic Hammartoma. Now I'm a nurse and a medic on the rescue squad and handle things relatively well, but I don't handle bad news about my baby well.

So fast forward two years. DS has been having seizures for the past 18 months and they are getting worse and worse. No matter what we do, they keep on getting more frequent until eventually we can't tell when he's seizing and when he's not. The brain surgeon decides that surgery is the answer. They go in, take a small portion of the tumor out and declare him cured! A month later, he starts seizing again. We got back to the doctor. More medications, more tests, more therapy. We get Prenatal testing on the back I'm carrying and find out that she's (yes, my little princess that i always wanted) is fine. Our little Abbigail is welcomed into the world in late July. Three days into my hospital stay, we found out our little princess has a congenital heart defect. I am mad, very mad. I shouldn't have two children that have problems! I wonder what I did to deserve this, who did I make mad! It's hard for me to understand...but that's a different story completely.

So a year goes by, and DD has an interventional cath to correct the defect in her heart. We're all maintaining. Joseph is in Kindergarten and doing well. He's playing soccer and t-ball. But he's still having seizures and isn't progressing in Speech therapy like he should be. The surgeon recommends to go in and get the rest of the tumor out. We schedule the surgery for July 10th. I take two weeks off from work figuring it will be like his last surgery, where we went in on a Thursday and came home on Monday.

We got to the hospital (The VCU Medical Center in Richmond, VA) and Joseph is taken to surgery. We wait, and wait and wait. We hit the six hours mark (the amount of time the last surgery took) and I start to get concerned. The OR calls and says there still operating and it's taking longer than expected (Duh!). We wait and wait and wait some more. Finally, 10 1/2 hours after our son went back, he's transported up to the PICU. There were some complications during his surgery the doctor says. He lost a lot of blood. He has a titanium clip in his brain now, forever. He's very sick. He has a long complicated stay in the hospital that contains one set back after another. He's had a stroke because of the long clamp time. He has frontal lobe ischemia. He has a thyroid disorder, problems with his bladder and a thirst disorder. He gets MRSA and has a PICC line placed. He's in the hospital for months. He celebrates his sixth birthday in the hospital. He misses his sister's second birthday. I'm out of work for months at a time. It's a hectic and stressful time in our life. Then I get a phone call from a nice lady at Make a Wish. She says the Child life worker at MCV recommended my son for a wish and they need information on him. I'm amazed. The next thing I know, my son is home (for those keeping track, it's now October 08). The "Wish Team" comes and talks to my son. He says he wants to kiss the "pretty lady" (Snow White) and see Dolphins.

So we have confirmed our trip dates.
May 22-28th and we'll be staying at GKTW. We're all so excited (except the hubby, but he'll get there eventually).

DD Abbigail, Niece Nichole, DS Joseph.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/257.jpg

Halloween 2008
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/060.jpg

Joseph at his sickest.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/surgery003.jpg

tinytreasures
04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the group
there is a great thread that will help you with all your questions
I can't wait to read more about your family

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2039777

BeckySob
04-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Bless your hearts, you've been through alot! You will find a wealth of information on here.

We are leaving in 3 days for our MAW/GKTW trip, so when I get back, I will hopefully have some helpful information along with everyone elses!

maroo
04-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Wow...you guys have been through so much. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You will have a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to hear all of your plans. :)

I put a link to your Trip Report on the first page of the Wish Trippers Unite thread and a link on the last page so some of our Wish Trip veterans and those still planning will see your pre-trippie!

How is Joseph doing now?

WishMom09
04-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Your son sounds like a real trooper! Hope he is doing well now!
Sounds like you are all very deserving of some Disney magic!:yay:
I can't wait to read your trip plans!

3princesses+aprince
04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Aww, how hard that must have been for all of you. I hope he is doing well now, I'm sure he will have a wonderful time in Disney World and at GKTW!! So many nice things have been said about GKTW here.

llurgy
04-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Congratulations on your wish trip!! Your family has really been put through the mill and hopefully you get a break for a while and have a great time on your wish trip!!

BTW.....We need photo's please :laughing:

josabbimommy
04-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow...you guys have been through so much. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You will have a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to hear all of your plans. :)

I put a link to your Trip Report on the first page of the Wish Trippers Unite thread and a link on the last page so some of our Wish Trip veterans and those still planning will see your pre-trippie!

How is Joseph doing now?

Thank you for asking! Joseph is better now. He goes to Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapy twice a week. Once at school and once at Children's Hospital. He just got tubes for his ears last month and seems to be doing ok. We've decreased one of his seizure meds. He still has a noticeable right sided deficit, although not as pronounced as it used to be. He is working on Pronounciation of his words. He's the most vocal that he's ever been and is enjoying our new Wii. He's totally stoked to be going to Disney World! He loves Snow White!
It won't me post pics 'til I have 10 posts.
Darn.
Let me look at some other links so I can post.

maroo
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Thank you for asking! Joseph is better now. He goes to Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapy twice a week. Once at school and once at Children's Hospital. He just got tubes for his ears last month and seems to be doing ok. We've decreased one of his seizure meds. He still has a noticeable right sided deficit, although not as pronounced as it used to be. He is working on Pronounciation of his words. He's the most vocal that he's ever been and is enjoying our new Wii. He's totally stoked to be going to Disney World! He loves Snow White!
It won't me post pics 'til I have 10 posts.
Darn.
Let me look at some other links so I can post.

He loves Snow White...how cool! :) I am so glad he is doing better! Once I asked, I was sorta afraid of the answer. I am so thankful he is doing better!!!

Disney is awesome!

I have a Wii, too. And I love it. Although I spend a lot more time on the DIS these days than I do playing my Wii. Did you know they were going to make a "Toy Story" game with 3D glasses for the Wii? He will like that!

josabbimommy
04-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Yay!! I'm so excited! I made two ADR's today!
The Crystal Palace with Pooh and his friends and Spider-Man at Universal Studios! DD loves Pooh and DS loves Spiderman!
I tried to get breakfast with Elmo, but apparently he's seasonal at SeaWorld. I'm hoping that maybe he'll be there over Memorial Day, **keeping fingers crossed**

josabbimommy
04-07-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm trying to get to ten so I can post my pictures.

josabbimommy
04-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Abbi with her "CAT!"http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/277.jpg

Joseph with his ornament. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/274.jpg

Christmas 2008: DD Abbigal, Niece Nichole, DS Joseph http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/257.jpg

DS at his sickest. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/surgery003.jpg

The best picture in the world: my son walking! (with Daddy) http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/surgery031.jpg

maroo
04-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Woo Hoo!!! TEN posts!

It took me days to get 10 posts! :)

Congrats!! :)

queengonzo
04-07-2009, 10:55 AM
YAY!! i am so happy for all of ya'll!!

our wish trip is april 18-24 so i will let you know how that goes!!

GOD BLESS YOU and YOUR FAMILY!!!

take care,
maria

3princesses+aprince
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
All right 10 posts, lets see some pictures!!!!!!!

josabbimommy
04-07-2009, 03:24 PM
I uploaded them last night and am waiting to have them approved by the mod.

maroo
04-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I uploaded them last night and am waiting to have them approved by the mod.

?? I am really confused... Where did you upload them that you are having to wait? I have never had to wait...:confused3

HeatherSue
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I am in tears reading about all you and your family have been through. :hug: I can't wait to hear more about your planning and your Wish trip!!

HeatherSue
04-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Here's a tutorial on posting pictures that I got from the Disboutique thread:

1. Upload the pic of your choice to photobucket
2. Resize the pic in photobucket click on the thumbnail of the picture, it will open up, then click (above the pic)> resize > 15" screen- it will make you verify that you would like to resize the pic (I like the 800X600 size pictures instead of the message board setting, it shows lots more detail)
3. After the pic has resized, go to your album, below the pic that you would like to post, there are 4 different codes (email & IM, direct link, html code & IMG code) Click in the box that has the has the IMG code. It will look something like this [IMG]http: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When you click on that box, it will light up in yellow, and say "Copied"
4. In the thread on the Dis (in another open window), click on "post reply". When you are ready to post the pic, right click - a box will open, click on paste. This will paste the link that you copied from your photobucket account.
5. Post reply. The pic should show up!

disneycrazy2004
04-13-2009, 02:32 PM
OMG, you guys have been thru so much. My heart is with you. You have beautiful children. Hope Joseph is going well and is all excited about you trip. I am sure you all are. Enjoy and can't wait to hear more about it.

josabbimommy
04-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Thank you everyone for your well wishes so far! My son is so excited! We've been watching YouTube videos on Disney and GKTW.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to take and I know that there is a Wal-Mart close by. Should I bring pull ups with me, or does everyone recommend purchasing them down in Florida? I know that we're supposed to pack lightly but both my kids still need diapers. (My daughter wears Pullups and my son wears NightTimes for bedwetting). I really don't want to tote diapers on the plane, but if they are going to be cheaper in VA than in FL, I'll do it.
Let me know what everyone recommends. I was thinking that I'd just make a trip to Wal-Mart on our way there and get things that we need, like sun block, yogurt (for J's meddie) and snacks/etc. Are the prices more expensive 'cause your near Disney or are they comparable to other Wal-Marts?

Also, we're leaving RIA at 0830 and are scheduled to arrive in Florida at 10am. I read somewhere that we can't check into GKTW until 3pm, but can we go there and hang out until our villa is ready? I was thinking that after the plane ride, the kids would love to unwind with some ice cream and the playground, but want to make sure that's ok. If not, I was planning on driving around Orlando until check-in time.

Thanks for anyone who can help. And I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

maroo
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Thank you everyone for your well wishes so far! My son is so excited! We've been watching YouTube videos on Disney and GKTW.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to take and I know that there is a Wal-Mart close by. Should I bring pull ups with me, or does everyone recommend purchasing them down in Florida? I know that we're supposed to pack lightly but both my kids still need diapers. (My daughter wears Pullups and my son wears NightTimes for bedwetting). I really don't want to tote diapers on the plane, but if they are going to be cheaper in VA than in FL, I'll do it.
Let me know what everyone recommends. I was thinking that I'd just make a trip to Wal-Mart on our way there and get things that we need, like sun block, yogurt (for J's meddie) and snacks/etc. Are the prices more expensive 'cause your near Disney or are they comparable to other Wal-Marts?

Also, we're leaving RIA at 0830 and are scheduled to arrive in Florida at 10am. I read somewhere that we can't check into GKTW until 3pm, but can we go there and hang out until our villa is ready? I was thinking that after the plane ride, the kids would love to unwind with some ice cream and the playground, but want to make sure that's ok. If not, I was planning on driving around Orlando until check-in time.

Thanks for anyone who can help. And I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

Do you guys use a special kind? If you can get them at Wal-Mart, then you can find them right by GKTW. There is a Wal-Mart right up the street from GKTW. I would totally do a Wal-Mart run on that first day and buy snacks for the villa and parks (if you want) and any toiletries, etc that you don't want to pack. Including pull ups and such! :)

You can totally go to GKTW first!! They actually will probably have your villa ready, but there is TONS to do if it isn't ready. And they even have good bathrooms that you can change into your swimming stuff and go swim or play on the dry stuff at GKTW.

You can eat lunch there (at Katie's Kitchen) and eat ice cream, of course!! :)

I am getting excited about your trip!!! :)

josabbimommy
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks Maroo!
Joseph is getting excited too!
I think that I'll plan a Wal-Mart run on our way to GKTW. That would eliminate a lot of things that I need to pack.

I'm trying to get my little girl into Breakfast with Elmo. They've opened dates, starting on May 23rd, so I may be able to pull it off. She would absolutely love it! SeaWorld said to call back on May 1st to try to make the reservation and that's what I'm going to do.

How about cameras? Should I bring mine or just use the ones at GKTW? Our is OLD and uses Mini Vids to record. I'd like to use something that I'm not going to have to transfer to CD's and if they have them down there, that's one less thing to pack!

maroo
04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
You guys are going to have a blast!! :)

Did I do a planner for you guys already? I have about 4 families in the process and I can't remember!! :rolleyes:

josabbimommy
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
You guys are going to have a blast!! :)

Did I do a planner for you guys already? I have about 4 families in the process and I can't remember!! :rolleyes:

No, you said to give you a few weeks to get it done. No rush, we have five weeks to go!

maroo
04-14-2009, 08:59 PM
No, you said to give you a few weeks to get it done. No rush, we have five weeks to go!

I am going to work on yours tonight! I have been trying to do it 4 weeks out in the hopes that the park hours would be fairly set, but they seem to be changing them anyway...so I need to go ahead and do these! :)

LindaBabe
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
You guys have been through so much! Glad to hear both children are doing better. You will have a wonderful time at GKTW!

pixiefrnd
04-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi,
I am glad to hear Joseph and Abbigail are doing well. Your are going to have a blast on your trip.
Ok I am a little slow today please tell me what GKTW stands for. If you are talking about the Wal Mart I think you are, there is also a Target near by and the prices at both are not bad. We always go to one or the other when we get there. Please keep us updated.

twob4him
04-16-2009, 02:42 PM
Wow I am just crying after hearing all you have gone through. I am so glad that Joseph is getting his Wish trip though....very exciting and I know you all will love GKTW! I am praying for all of you!

HeatherSue
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
I just went back and looked at the wonderful pictures you posted. I was all teary seeing the picture of Joseph walking with his daddy.

My daughter would love Abbigail's cat!

josabbimommy
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi,
I am glad to hear Joseph and Abbigail are doing well. Your are going to have a blast on your trip.
Ok I am a little slow today please tell me what GKTW stands for. If you are talking about the Wal Mart I think you are, there is also a Target near by and the prices at both are not bad. We always go to one or the other when we get there. Please keep us updated.

GKTW=Give Kids the World, a resort for Wish Kids.

maroo
04-16-2009, 06:52 PM
I just went back and looked at the wonderful pictures you posted. I was all teary seeing the picture of Joseph walking with his daddy.

My daughter would love Abbigail's cat!

I missed the pics?!?!? :)

jessica52877
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM
What a wonderful family! I hope you can get into Breakfast with Elmo. I just love Sesame Street. Keep us updated on that!

josabbimommy
04-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Elmo is coming back to SeaWorld!!!! YAY!!
He's going to be there for Memorial weekend, starting May 23rd!
They start taking ADR's on May 1st.
Yay! I'm totally stoked!!
Abbi is going to be so happy!! She absolutely loves ELMO!:yay:

Joseph is going to be a littlest hero as well. I'm trying to plan the photoshoot for when we're in Orlando.
I'd love to have them done at GKTW. Does anyone think that would be a problem? :idea:

We almost have less than a month 'til our trip!
Jojo is getting so excited! We watched Disney Parades on YouTube today :happytv:

I'm working on getting my packing lists together, calling scripts in for my Epi Pen (that whole allergy to Bees thing is a PAIN in Florida!), Jojo's Emergency med which needs to be special ordered and a new script written (Valium in case he has a seizure).

I want to make cards like 5dwarves did and I'm working on them. Not as computer savvy so I'm going back to read her TR again to figure them out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night!

josabbimommy
04-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I'm working on the info cards and the Pixie Dust cards. I found out today that I have MS Publisher (surprise!). I found some backgrounds that I like and am typing my info in, but have a little problem.
Can't get any punctuation to work or to get numbers to work?
Anyone know the solution to this?
Thanks.

keetmommy
04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
I am just reading up on pre-trip reports (trying to avoid the post ones because I really want to be surprised :rotfl2:) anyway the first picture brought that feeling back to the pit of my stomach (have several like that of my DD, that at the time I though why are we taking this and Yet I am glad we have it)
Hope you have a great trip--you deserve it...sitting through brain surgeries SUCKS (Emma has actually had 7, 4 of which were due to VP shunt problems...)

josabbimommy
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Are kids that stay at GKTW allowed to attend Extra Magic Hours?
I was wondering this the other day after a co-worker asked and I didn't know the answer.
My co-worker (the one I was talking to) will be in Disney at the same time and are trying to get together while down there. She mentioned extra magic hours and I didn't know what the answer was. There staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Thanks to anyone who has an answer to this

Had2disneycruz
04-26-2009, 10:04 PM
If you live in Virginia, I was wondering if you knew that Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA now has Sesame Street characters and some type of dining with Elmo. I know they had it for the opening a few weeks ago. You might want to check out their website. Seaworld and Busch Gardens are all owned by the same company.

I hope you all have a wonderful trip. You deserve it! Snow White is a very lucky lady to have such a cutie admiring her!! Best wishes!

josabbimommy
04-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I did know that Busch Gardens just opened a Sesame Street Section and that you can have breakfast with Elmo. If I can't get her into it in Orlando we're going to do it in Williamsburg this summer.

kdzbear
04-28-2009, 09:32 PM
I just found your trip report! I am glad you get to stay at GKTW. I am so happy you solved the Crocs problem too! I can't wait to hear more of your plans. :wizard:

maroo
04-28-2009, 10:08 PM
Are kids that stay at GKTW allowed to attend Extra Magic Hours?
I was wondering this the other day after a co-worker asked and I didn't know the answer.
My co-worker (the one I was talking to) will be in Disney at the same time and are trying to get together while down there. She mentioned extra magic hours and I didn't know what the answer was. There staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Thanks to anyone who has an answer to this

Sorry, i am just now seeing this. :confused3

Technically a Wish Child does not get EMH because they are not staying at a Disney resort. And most wish kids, honestly, don't really use them because you have the button and there are morning and evening activities at GKTW (plus most families are so tired by the late ones). Having said that...if you are going to meet your friends, it would definitely be within a CM's power to allow you to attend EMH, if that is really what you guys wanted to do. Or you could have them come to GKTW with you guys...that might be really fun.

OR>..you could meet them at AKL...Boma is a wonderful restaurant! :)

josabbimommy
04-30-2009, 08:36 PM
We got two great packages today. as soon as i get the pictures uploaded to photobucket, I'll upload them.

Here is my itinerary thus far. It's not complete, but I"m still waiting to make ADR's for Elmo.
Does anyone think that these are two busy?

Friday: Arrive and hang out at GKTW. Kids will probably want to swim, eat ice cream and relax from the plane ride.

Saturday: AM-Littlest Hero Photo Shoot at GKTW, Seaworld, then home for GKTW's nightly activity.

Sunday: ADR's with Spiderman (Breakfast) Spend the day at Universal, then hang out at GKTW.

Monday: ADR's at Crystal Palace (Lunch) Spend the day at Magic Kindgom. GO back to GKTW to nap and dinner and then go to Wishes. I'm not sure if my kids will like wishes, my son loves fireworks, though I'm not sure if my daughter will like it, or if she'll sit still for it.

Tuesday:Animal Kingdom (only a few rides here), lunch, rest at GKTW, then MGM and hopefully to Fantasmic. Again, I"m not sure if my kids will sit through it, although my Husband would LOVE Fantasmic! We'll have to see how this goes!

Wednesday: Pony Rides! This for us is a MUST! My son and daughter LOVE ponies!! We figure that we'll got to Epcot after that. We'd like to see the Garden Show that they have going on and J wants to go back to Soarin'.
I'd really like to go to Downtown Disney after Epcot, but it depends on how the kids feel. I think that my kids would love the Lego store.

So what does everyone think? Am I trying to do too much?
Any suggestions about Downtown Disney, as I've never been there?
Thanks and I'll have those Big Give pics up soon!

josabbimommy
04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Today we got two packages: one from Princess Caitlin and one from Cajunfam.

Here they are!
From Cajunfam:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive001.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive002.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive013.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive005.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive006.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive003.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive009.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive010.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive005.jpg

From Princess Caitlin:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive015.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive016.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive017.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive018.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive019.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/biggive020.jpg

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you!!

maroo
04-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Your schedule looks great! :)

I think your DD will like Wishes...she won't have to be too still for that. It is not too, too long and I think she will like the music. You might want to get earplugs, though, in case she is frightened by the loud booms.

:)

And the pics are SO cute!! :)

kdzbear
04-30-2009, 09:32 PM
I think your plans sound great. You can always scale back once you get there if you find that they wear out too quickly! Have a great time! :wizard:

jessica52877
04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Cute pictures! Looks like alot of fun stuff in those boxes!

I also think your plan looks pretty great. I would say don't rush through anything though. Take the time to stop and smell the roses.

We love downtown disney but it is really just shopping with tons of disney stuff. The westside does have other things but mainly restaurants. My son loves the lego store but he loves legos!

Corrine 1973
05-01-2009, 09:15 AM
OK, call me sappy but I started feeling the tears well up when I saw the kids open their Big Give pacages. I am sure they are enjoying all their new things.:love:

HeatherSue
05-01-2009, 09:44 AM
I think your itinerary sounds great. Just stop if you get too tired or aren't having fun anymore.

I love the pictures!! Thanks for sharing them!

twob4him
05-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh wow all those great pics and fun packages! :goodvibes Look how happy they are! Awesome! I think another package is on its way!!!! ;)

I ditto what Heather said! Make a plan so you know where to go but be flexible during the actual day in case you get tired! Glad you plan to rest in the middle of the day! That is key! Get there early, avoid the crowds and leave when everyone else shows up!

josabbimommy
05-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for all the great advice. I'm really looking forward to it!

billwendy
05-03-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi!!

I dont think you have to worry about kids sitting still during fireworks!! My neices and nephews usually Dance during them!!!!:rotfl: My 3 year old neice, Hannah, loves the music and just twirls around during fireworks!!! Have the BEST time!!!

josabbimommy
05-03-2009, 09:06 PM
So I found out today while cruising the internet at work (because it was so quiet and boring) that the weekend that we are going to be there is a Star Wars weekend. Well DH loves Star Wars, and I"m a fan myself. My son also enjoyed that are of MGM two years ago. Do I change my entire plan to go to the weekend or not? Is it really worth it? I can re-work my plan I'm just curious to see if it's really worth it. Also, we were planning on going to Fantasmic when as MGM, and if I'm not sure if they'll be having a show if we go on the weekend......

Also, we're going to try to do the Epcot Flower show. My husband is a landscaper and would love to see all the different flowers and topiaries..

Any input on this?

jessica52877
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
So I found out today while cruising the internet at work (because it was so quiet and boring) that the weekend that we are going to be there is a Star Wars weekend. Well DH loves Star Wars, and I"m a fan myself. My son also enjoyed that are of MGM two years ago. Do I change my entire plan to go to the weekend or not? Is it really worth it? I can re-work my plan I'm just curious to see if it's really worth it. Also, we were planning on going to Fantasmic when as MGM, and if I'm not sure if they'll be having a show if we go on the weekend......

Also, we're going to try to do the Epcot Flower show. My husband is a landscaper and would love to see all the different flowers and topiaries..

Any input on this?

Star Wars weekends is a ton of fun but will be crowded! They usually do a totally cool parade and have tons of the star wars characters out and about for pictures. I think it is worth it, especially if you like star wars and probably more so with a make a wish button!

I cannot imagine that they wouldn't show Fantasmic on those days but disney does odd things sometimes.

3princesses+aprince
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I was just looking at your pics from the big give!! Great stuff, and is that your cat in the box :lmao:

maroo
05-05-2009, 09:35 AM

Any input on this?

If your son likes Star Wars, I would TOTALLY GO!!

You have your button...so the lines won't be an issue with the crowds and you can just sorta go around fairly quickly and meet the Star Wars characters, get autographs and all of that. The crowds are an issue...but since you have the button, and your son is a fan, I would totally go.

Also...I would see if you can get him a Star Wars shirt or something to wear so that the CM's are aware that he, indeed, is a Star Wars fan!

Let me know if you plan to go to this and I will see if I can find some info out there on it...

Epcot Flower and Garden show would be cool to see, too!! There are 2 VIP Lounges in Epcot that your kids should see, too, if you have time. :)

josabbimommy
05-05-2009, 11:59 AM
WOW!!
What a totally awesome surprise the Powell kids got yesterday!:banana:

Two beautiful outfits from Edmond, Cathy and Family. DD took the envelope they were mailed in, so I'll need your address again. She likes to "pack" her toys up. They are awesome and will work well when Joseph meets his favorite Princess, Snow White!

Thank you so mcuh! Your awesome!
Abbi was very grumpy and ready for bed so she wasn't very happy to have her picture taken!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1343.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1342.jpg

kdzbear
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
The new outfits are beautiful! Don't worry about grumpy little ones as they can't smile in every photo. Thanks for sharing. How is the Star Wars planning coming along?

billwendy
05-07-2009, 08:22 PM
WOW!!
What a totally awesome surprise the Powell kids got yesterday!:banana:

Two beautiful outfits from Edmond, Cathy and Family. DD took the envelope they were mailed in, so I'll need your address again. She likes to "pack" her toys up. They are awesome and will work well when Joseph meets his favorite Princess, Snow White!

Thank you so mcuh! Your awesome!
Abbi was very grumpy and ready for bed so she wasn't very happy to have her picture taken!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1343.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1342.jpg

Aww - so cute!!!

josabbimommy
05-10-2009, 09:16 PM
We got two really cute package this weekend and as soon as I find my camera, I'll post pictures.

Thank you to everyone!

We got a call from the Wish group today. We're having our party next Saturday! I can't wait.

josabbimommy
05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Our totally new and revamped itinerary.
I had this wonderful itinerary worked out.....until I found out about the Star Wars weekend and pretty much had to redo the entire schedule. Ergh! So here's the new one....

Arrival Day:
This is going to be an early day for us as we live about an hour and a half from the airport. Our flight leaves at 8am (looking back, maybe that wasn't such a good idea!) and we're scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 11am. This give us plenty of time to navigate to GKTW, go to Wal-Mart (DD is a milk addict!), and check in. Orientation is at 3pm so I'll go to that and get the all important button. The rest of the day is going to be spent hanging out at GKTW. Probably swimming, play ground and maybe some mini golf. We'll enjoy the nightly activity and "hopefully" go to bed early.

Sat:
DS for Star Wars Weekend! We're planning on getting there early and leaving around lunch and heading to AK. Since AK is only open 'til 7pm, we're going to head back to GKTW for Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party.

Sun:
Universal Studios, we're having breakfast with Spiderman. We will probably spend the whole day here, and get back to GKTW for the Candyland party.

Mon:
Magic Kingdom!! We have ADR's for Crystal Palace. The plan is to stay here half a day, go take a nap, and then come back to the MK. We're going to attempt Wishes. Hopefully, my kids will sit through it.

Tues:
Epcot. Planning on spending the entire day here, mainly because of the Flower and Garden show...and because they have a Wish Lounge that the kids can rest in. In the event that we don't want to spend all day here, we might go to AK this day, haven't really decided yet.

Wed:
Pony Rides, Photo Shoot and then the rest of the day at SeaWorld. That's the extent of it.

Thurs:
We're leaving this day, and don't know what time, so until I get that info, I can't really plan anything.

So how's it look now?

Our "party" is scheduled for this Saturday and will be themed after Hannah Montana and the Wiggles. They are coming to our house with Pizza, Cake and soda. THe kids are very excited! I did find out that there is no limo for us, which is ok, cause I was worried about my kids getting sick. They do provide money for us to park our car at the airport.

We got some awesome stuff in the mail over the past couple of days....here are some big give pictures.

Joseph and his Spiderman shirt and his super cool reversible hat, that he loved!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1345.jpg

Abbi in her Pooh Bear Skirt, shirt and matching hairband (and one shoe, a signature Abbi look;) )

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1347.jpg

Two great t-shirts, one came with a matching bow for Abbi that matched the bow in the kitties hair! So Cute!!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1350.jpg

Loving the Princess slippers! Abbi enjoyed trying them on...the hairband are super cute! For those of you that can't tell, the ribbon says "Make a Wish" on them. I'm hoping that I can keep her still enough to get them in her hair.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1351.jpg

These pretty bracelets came from Maroo.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1353.jpg

This is the best picture that I could get of Abbi in her Cinderella dress. She's being quite a primadonna today and didn't want anyone to take any pictures of her...hope that this is ok.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1349.jpg

HeatherSue
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Isn't it fun when the models aren't cooperative? :lmao: I love the pictures of the new outfits!

Do I spy a chicken walking around in the background?

josabbimommy
05-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Why yes that is a chicken in the background.
They are housepets. Yes, I know that it's weird that I have chickens for housepets, but there litter trained and completely domesticated. The kids love them. My house is essentially a zoo. In a different picture, the cat was laying in a box.
There names are Petie and Paulie. We got them at the State Fair last year.

jessica52877
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I think my favorite picture is the one where she wasn't cooporating! It is cute her laying down.

Love the chicken!

HeatherSue
05-11-2009, 08:27 PM
I had no idea that chickens could be litter trained! That is so cool!

josabbimommy
05-11-2009, 08:32 PM
I didn't know either until my husband brought them home and told me. My husband is no longer allowed to go to the fair without me. He took the kids last year while I was out of town and I came home and there were the chickens, three ducks, a rooster and a bunny. All of them except the chickens live outside. Poor Peanut (the bunny) died of unknown causes. The kids still talk about Peanut and my daughter calls all bunnies "Peanut.".

I love the pic of her laying down...she was being semi-cooperative..

billwendy
05-11-2009, 08:36 PM
YAY! so glad the Pooh Skirt Fit! She looks ADORABLE!!

maroo
05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Ok... The outfits are soooo cute!! And I am glad u liked the bracelets...

But that chicken has completely made my night!! I love it!! I want a trained chicken. But I don't think my dog would approve!

Perfect!! Love it!

josabbimommy
05-11-2009, 08:48 PM
You would be surprised. I have a lot of dogs (we have a lot of land....) and they are all scared of the chickens. Even my bulldog, who's a big sissy, runs when the chickens come near him.

The kids love them and treat them like cats. They pick them up and carry them around the house. It's rather cute.

I love the skirt! It's so full and fluffy.

Joseph also loves his hat. IT's so cool that it's reversible.

josabbimommy
05-16-2009, 02:12 PM
We got some wonderful things the other day from two great Big Givers.
A beautiful two piece outfit featuring Disney Princesses and two crayon rolls. The kids love the Crayon rolls and are waiting patiently to use them!
I told them that they have to wait until it's plane time.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1371.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1370.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1369.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1368.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1367.jpg

Joseph had a Dinosaur Themed Going away party!
His MAW volunteers, the Packs, brought Pizza, Cake, and drinks and his "present". We all had a lot of fun.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1361.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1362.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1363.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1364.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/DSCN1365.jpg

maroo
05-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Awww!!! What an awesome party!!! :)

Fantastic! :)

And I love the outfit and the crayon rollups! :goodvibes

twob4him
05-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Wow...so much fun opening gifts and a great party too! I love the two-piece princess outfit! Adorable! And the crayon roll-ups will be a big hit on the plane...love using new crayons!! I can't believe your trip is less than a week away! Have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

jessica52877
05-17-2009, 12:30 AM
I thought I was the only one who loved new crayons!

Great wish package! The kids will enjoy the crayon roll ups! And the outfit is super cute.

BUT I am dying for a piece of that cake! YUM!

josabbimommy
05-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Ok so I had this nice long TR typed up and then it didn't load! I'm not sure what happened.
After getting up at 0445 and leaving the house way early, we arrived at the airport. Checking in was super easy but I was surprised when i found out that I had to pay for checked luggage. Since this was an expense I was not prepared for (the last time I flew was military and you don't have to worry about that) I had to use someo f Joseph's expense check to pay. I think that for the amount of money that they charge for airfare, you should be able to take luggage with you. But anyway!
We ate a quick breakfast:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/mawday1andmisc024.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/mawday1andmisc023.jpg
Then went through security....now let me pause here and talk about security for a minute. I understand why we have it and why it's necessary but they could be a little more accomodating for people with kids. This was the worse part of our trip, both on our way there and on our way home.
Our daughter escaped and ran out of security, and instead of grabbing her , they let her run. My husband had to go back through security all over again.
It was a pain!

After getting through security, we occupied the kids with crayons.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/mawday1andmisc026-1.jpg

What DD did on the plane:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/mawday1andmisc028-1.jpg

kdzbear
05-30-2009, 01:47 AM
I love the start to your report. I completely understand the security issues. I flew last fall with my two littlest ones and they did nothing to help me keep both of them together while trying to get through the lines. I had to fold up the stroller and once they are loose, it is over. I am glad your daughter slept on the plane. That is a huge blessing!

jessica52877
05-30-2009, 06:41 AM
I love that you started your TR!

Security is not fun! I am with you on that. Our line is always well over an hour to get through. It just drives me bonkers!

What a nice thing that your DD slept and I love the crayon roll ups.

twob4him
05-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Yaaaa, you started your trip report...sorry about the security issues..I am always a drill sergent whilst in public crowded places...glad your hubby caught her though. They look like they are having fun waiting...the anticipation builds the whole time you're on the way to Disney! Now why don't my kids sleep on the plane??? :confused3

josabbimommy
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
So after arriving at Give Kids the World (from now on referred to as GKTW):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/0010WelcometoGiveKidsTheWorld.jpg

we went to our Villa:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/000_0001.jpg

Me (the fat lady) the kids and my hubby. Our cool rental car is also in the pic. It was a Chevy Impala w/ Flex Fuel. Thank God there were car seats waiting for us when we got to Orlando. Joseph holding his cool Mickey Mouse that he got when we got there.

Our welcome gift:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc030.jpg

Abbi's new puppy (it talked!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc031.jpg

Joseph was very proud of his wings. Him and Abbi also got a nice certificate from AirTran for their first flight. They also got wings. It was super cool!
Here's a pic:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc032.jpg

Abbi liked to explore the Villa and thought the bookcase needed to be checked out!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc033.jpg

And check the light switches and make sure they work:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc034.jpg

Checking the super cool shower out:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc042.jpg

The super cool bathtub! I can't say enough about this bath tub! It was more like a jacuzzi tub, so relaxing and totally awesome!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc040.jpg

My husbands and I room. We were not used to having such a big bed! BUt it was cool!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc038.jpg

The super cool cookie jar:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc037.jpg

The super cool Mickey lamp:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc043.jpg

Our towels. Do you see what it is?
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc044.jpg

josabbimommy
05-30-2009, 04:37 PM
So after checking out the Villa, the plan was to go to Orientation and then take the Kids to the Pirate and Princess Party. Joseph and I went to the House of Hearts:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/0020HouseofHeartsWelcomeCenter.jpg

to look around while my husband tried to get DD to lay down and take a nap.
While in the House of Hearts we found several surprises.

WARNING, WARNING, SPOILER AHEAD

Inside the tent in the House of Hearts, Joseph found his favorite character and a few other friends:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc060.jpg

We rode the elephant:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc045.jpg

We met the sucking elephant (this is a trash can that sucked paper and said "Paper, paper, give me paper.")
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc050.jpg

We met the Monkey:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc057.jpg

We crashed the boats:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc075.jpg

We rode the JJ Express:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc080.jpg

We met Miss Merry and Mayor Clayton:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1andmisc071.jpg

Then it started to pour! It actually thunderstormed everyday that we were there. We ran into the House of Hearts and sat down in the family area. I was going to Orientation at 2:45 and figured that I'd just wait there while my husband came to get Joseph and take him back down to the Villa (we were in 102, walking distance from the House of Hearts). We sat down on the nice comfy couches, Joseph napping, and me watching TV.

Three hours later we both woke up....yes, three hours we sat in the family room and slept. Someone covered us with a blanket and we just slept. I missed Orientation (the afternoon session). I took Joseph back to the Villa and then went to Orientation at 7:45. We skipped the Pirate and Princess party 'cause we were all still very tired and went to bed.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1002.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1003.jpg

The stuffed animals also went to sleep:

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1004.jpg
This marks the end of day one......
Tomorrow:
I see a Spider in our future....a birthday party and maybe, just maybe a celebrity.

josabbimommy
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
My favorite sign:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1031.jpg

and this one:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1036.jpg

Daddy and Abbi looking at the Animals:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1038.jpg

Joseph got his first souvenir of the trip:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1040.jpg

We went to Dino-Land first, because J loves Dinos! We rode the Dino Spin and the ride that resembles a roller coaster. The pass got us in super quick and we only had to wait about 5 minutes. It was great!
Here's a pic of the kids on the Dino Spin:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1042.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1043.jpg

We then went through the walking trails and saw every animal known to man. If I can figure out how to upload video, I could show you. It then started to rain, so mommy pulled out the ponchos (go mommy for remembering!) and we went to find something to eat. We went to a side walk vendor and had egg rolls, chicken nuggets and water. Joseph started to get tired after this and we left. Seeing only a few things (but this is ok, as we had a ton of fun that night.....

We went home and took a nice nap (Mommy actually did laundry and cleaned). After Joseph woke up we went to the Castle to make J's star and the pillows. I'd also made an appt. for Joseph to have a "tattoo" done and for Abbi to have her nails done.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/006.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/008.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/009.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/IMG_0012.jpg

I have no pictures of the kids pillows. I only have it on video but can't seem to upload them.

Joseph sitting on the throne:(with his pillow)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/010.jpg

Here are some pictures of the kids at the spa.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/011.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/014.jpg

Joseph getting his pirate tattoo:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/015.jpg

The surprise on the spa's ceiling:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/013.jpg

The very cool Twinkle Hope pony. Abbi got a miniature version of this after her "session":
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/018.jpg

We also indulged in Ice Cream. This was our first trip to the Ice Cream shop, yummy!!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/003.jpg

Abbi trying to "eat" the strawberry:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1018.jpg
Joseph standing in front of the strawberry:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1019.jpg
Abbi decided that she didn't want to go to the birthday party, so she headed back to the Villa with Daddy while Mommy and Joseph went to Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party. On our way to Julie's Safari Theatre we saw these people:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1part3002.jpg

Now, I have no idea who these famous wrestlers are....but I know that there wrestlers.
We then headed onto Mayor Clayton's surprise party.
Joseph and Mayor Clayton:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1part3004.jpg

Dancing with Miss Merry at Mayor Clayton's birthday party:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/BirthdayParty95.jpg

Now this was the grand finale to our evening....meeting this famous person! I had no clue who he was but my husband the wrestler fan told me....does anyone else know who this is??
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawday1part3011.jpg

merneric
05-31-2009, 09:47 PM
I love your TR and all of the pics! Your family has had quite a journey! My son has seizures, too, so hard to deal with, I know.
I saw in one of your posts that you made ADR for Spiderman at Universal. Not to spoil your TR, but how did that go? We made the same reservations, but now I am a bit nervous because I read a couple bad reviews (somewhere else, not here) But Sam loves Spiderman and everything Dr. Seuss, I thought it would be up his alley!
Thanks!
Mary Anne

billwendy
05-31-2009, 11:31 PM
Awww - that was so cute that someone covered you guys up - had DH fallen asleep too? Was he looking for you guys?

The kids look ADORABLE in their Disney Cats and Dogs shirts!!:goodvibes

josabbimommy
06-01-2009, 12:32 PM
So our plan for Sunday was to go to breakfast with Spiderman, The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. Our outfits for the day:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios001.jpg

We had a great time! Spiderman was FANTASTIC!! He was very in character and recognized that Joseph had some issues and helped him down from the booth we were sitting in and spent a nice amount of time with him. It was great!

Thing 1 and Thing 2 were hilarious! Thing 2's handler came up to us and asked us to watch him while he took a "break". While Thing 2 was sitting at the both, he hid the sugar, the ketchup and the kids were trying to feed him and he's hiding stuff in his little pocket. It was really cute. I wish that I could figure out how to upload video.
But here are some pictures!

Abbi and Thing 2
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios004.jpg

Joseph and Spiderman
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios005.jpg

Abbi and Spiderman
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios006.jpg

Joseph smiling for the camera.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios007.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios010.jpg

This meal for me was great! I'd especially recommend the French Toast that was so yummy!! It was covered with Cinnamon! It was the best French Toast that I've ever had! The buffet was also great. The serving platters were Spiderman, the Cat in the Hat and Thing 1. It was great.

We then went to Seuss Landing and played with all the little toys.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios017.jpg

Played in the water area:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios025.jpg

Riding the Seuss Carousel:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios027.jpg

My daughter running amuck:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios032.jpg

My husband and my daughter standing near the Lake at Universal:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/universalstudios034.jpg

We left after this because Joseph got really tired and overheated. We ended up having to push him out in a wheelchair and took him back to the Villa and soaked him down to cool him.
This is what we found when we got "home.":
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/mawdaypart1050.jpg

After waking up we decided to order lunch from Katie's Kitchen. I got the Chicken Pot Pie, the kids got Mac and Cheese and my hubby got a chicken sandwich. All the food was wonderful!

After eating, the kids took a nap (and so did Mommy and Daddy). That night was the night of the Candyland party and Joseph decided that he wanted to go. So after going to the Gingerbread House for dinner, we hung out on the Avenue of Angels.

We played with the super cool drawers in the Castle of Miracles:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty017.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty018.jpg

Since we got home in time, I took Abbi to the "Tea Party" at the La Ti Da Spa.
Here are some pics:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty001.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty002.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty003.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty004.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty006.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty007.jpg
Abbi's "hand-made" pony:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/teaparty008.jpg
Playing in the cave after our "spa time":
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty004.jpg

Abbi playing in the Castle of Miracles:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty005.jpg

Playing at the Candyland Party:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty020.jpg

Playing in the cave:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/candylandparty029.jpg

kdzbear
06-01-2009, 12:36 PM
I am so glad you had such a positive experience with Spiderman and Thing 2 at breakfast. The kids looked like they had so much fun!

jessica52877
06-01-2009, 12:40 PM
The castle looks like so much fun. I bet you could stay at GKTW all week long and have a great time!

I LOVE every DVD on the table. JoJo is my favorite! I don't know why! But I just love her and that show. I also love the MM Club!

Breakfast looks like fun. Universal doesn't get the crowds or publicity that disney gets but I really love everything they do. They do it up right! I have never had a bad trip to Universal (although the last one was quite interesting as one ticket was not reading).

merneric
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah! I am so glad that your breakfast experience was a good one! I am really excited about doing the breakfast with Sam. He loves Spiderman, too so I know he will be so excited.
Loving your report!

maroo
06-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Awesome TR so far!! :)

I am so glad that you guys got to meet Spiderman and Thing 1 and Thing 2!

It was so sweet of someone to cover you guys with a blanket!

Loving your TR and can't wait for more!!! :)

josabbimommy
06-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Awww - that was so cute that someone covered you guys up - had DH fallen asleep too? Was he looking for you guys?

The kids look ADORABLE in their Disney Cats and Dogs shirts!!:goodvibes

My husband was sound asleep with my daughter back at the villa. I ended up waking him up!

The kids loved there shirts. Joseph wants to wear his when we go to Busch Gardens next month.
We're taking advantage of the Passport GKTW gave us and hitting the two parks in VA. Busch Gardens, which is about 2 hours away and Kings Dominion, which is about 30 minutes away. I'm going to take Abbi to Busch Gardens to have breakfast with Elmo.
It should be a lot of fun.

Well I have a lot of work to do! I'm still unpacking and cleaning, but will be posting another installment of the TR tonight. I'm pretty sure that I forgot our activities for Sat. night, I"m going to have to go and look at our Bunny Book and see.

josabbimommy
06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
The plan for Memorial Day:
Magic Kingdom.

What really happened:
Gatorland, Shell World, Orange World.

Here's why:
Well the hubby didn't want to go to the Magic Kingdom on a National Holiday, and looking back, that was probably bad planning on my part.
The morning started out with character photos. We got them taken in shirts that were waiting for us when we got to GKTW.
The kids outfits for the day:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland001.jpg

Joseph with Mickey and Minnie:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/MickeyMinnie10.jpg

The kids with Mickey and Minnie:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/MickeyMinnie11.jpg

Abbi giving Mickey and Minnie Mommy's mouse ears:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/MickeyMinnie7.jpg

The kids and pluto:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/OutsideDisney26.jpg

Mommy, the kids and Pluto:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/OutsideDisney27.jpg

Goofy (Joseph's favorite) and the kids:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland004.jpg

Abbi fascinated by Mary Poppins parasol:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland005.jpg

Mary Poppins and the kids:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland007.jpg

Orange World: This was an interesting store, it smelled like spoiled oranges but the building was cool!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland009.jpg

Shell World: My dd loves seashells. So we went to Shell World for a little bit before heading to Gatorland.
The cool golf cart, all covered in seashells.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland010.jpg

The Giant Clam:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland011.jpg

Gatorland:
WARNING, WARNING, IF YOU DON'T LIKE REPTILES, SNAKES, AMPHIBIANS, ETC. STOP READING NOW, THERE ARE PICTURES BELOW YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO SEE!

Now let me digress for a little and tell you about my DH and DD. My husband is a country boy, born and bred, unlike me a city girl that got lost on a farm one day. My DD is exactly like my husband. She likes any kind of animal--including things that could relatively hurt her. So when we went to Gatorland and she TRIED TO CLIMB INTO THE ALLIGATOR PEN I was not at all surprised.
Hehe. Here are the pics:

Little Alligators:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland015.jpg

Abbi petting a "baby" alligator:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland017.jpg

Looking at the snakes:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland029.jpg

The Albino Alligators (they were pretty cool!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland031.jpg

The biggest alligator that they have (I'm pretty sure he ate someone's child!!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland032.jpg

Daddy and Abbi going on the "Swamp Walk":
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland038.jpg

The kids sitting in the stroller (Joseph didn't quite fit!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland050.jpg

The very large Tortoise:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/gatorland052.jpg

After getting our picture taken with the Alligator and the Snake (which by the way was FREE!!) we left and went home and took a nap. I need to scan the picture so that you guys can see it, but my scanner is currently broken!

That night was the Discovery Cove Animals from SeaWorld. I'd like to say that I was very excited about this! I knew that my kids would love seeing the SeaWorld Animals.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd001.jpg

That is what we got. One animal. No I don't know if this is how it normally is, but I was rather upset that there was only one animal. It wasn't really worth the time! The kids did like petting the monkey like animal though.

Miss Merry came and tucked us in this night, but since I can't upload my video, and I have no pictures of her there, I'll just show you this instead! Abbi sleeping on the couch, after Miss Merry left:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd003.jpg

josabbimommy
06-01-2009, 10:40 PM
What we found in the morning:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd004.jpg
Yes, that would be my DD who has a chocolate addiction! She moves the chair at our house to get to candy and apparently knew the bag on top of the frig had candy in it, so she decided to get some herself. We found the "evidence" on the floor. She also neglected to move the chair back..hehehehe....that's my daughter.

Our outfits for the day:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd007.jpg

Walking to the TTC:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd008.jpg

After a breakfast of pastries and coffee (for me, not the kids!) we went into the Magic Kingdom....and this is what we saw first:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd009.jpg

And then the most amazing thing happened. We were standing in line to see Pinnochio when a CM walked by and said "Pinnochio is taking a bathroom break..." it was at this point that she saw us, wiggled her finger at me in a "come here" fashion and took us to the front of the line! She said "from now on, you need to tell the CM in charge and you'll see the characters. You don't have to wait!" It was so awesome! This is a total contradiction to what we were told in Orientation. That man told us that our passes were not valid for character interactions. It was so cool!
So here's Pinnochio:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd010.jpg

Then we scooted over to Tomorrowland and rode the Buzz Lightyear Ride that resembles a video game. Joseph got a score of 200, I got a score of 2100 and my husband (the video game master) got a score of 89,000. Here a pic of Buzz:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd011.jpg

And then the "real" Buzz:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd012.jpg

We then had a snack of chicken nuggets and Joseph successfully spilled his entire drink all over himself and his sister. Good Job Jojo!! After a quick change we headed to Toon Town.

Then we headed over to Minnie's House, unfortunately, Minnie wasn't there! But that's ok, we'd already met her!
We then went to meet the Princesses and the Fairies...this time we snuck in the back and were in and out in ten minutes...it was so cool...I'm going to upload those photos and I'll be back.

jessica52877
06-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Gatorland looks like alot of fun if you like gators. I think it would be fun to go to once. My DS6 is fascinated with them right now but he wouldn't think about petting one. Not sure he would even be fond of the place!

I love orange world. That is on my to do list in October. I remember as kid driving by it all the time and have a little orange toy. Not sure if I actually got it there or not but I like to think I did!

MK on a holiday. Your DH probably made a good choice!

Those tie dye shirts are really cute! Perfect for the morning pictures!

maroo
06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Awesome update!!! :)

I hate that the GKTW orientation tells everyone that the button doesn't work on character lines. I have yet to meet a wish family (in a TR) that said that they had to wait...but several have been told never to wait! but the conflicting info is a little confusing!

Can't wait to see those fairies!! :goodvibes

merneric
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Awesome update!!! :)

I hate that the GKTW orientation tells everyone that the button doesn't work on character lines. I have yet to meet a wish family (in a TR) that said that they had to wait...but several have been told never to wait! but the conflicting info is a little confusing!

Can't wait to see those fairies!! :goodvibes

I was thinking the same thing, do you think it is something they are changing, or have they always said it didn't include characters?

josabbimommy
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure about the character thing. I remember specifically being told it doesn't work oncharacter greeting, but the lady at Disney told me we didn't have to wait. So I don't know...
Here is the rest of the Magic Kingdom. These are our Disney PhotoPass photos:
Joseph at the entrance:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/0e43bfd0-5ba2-4c7d-a30b-cf1b0fd9577.jpg

The whole family at the entrance (my husband promised me he'd wear his Mouse Ears!)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/12367f40-d8ce-4763-a4f5-33ab641be4c.jpg

DD being a Princess:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/32072c6e-18d2-46c5-9c49-1128b391e68.jpg

Another Mouse Ear pic:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/abc84b11-f4b5-4898-8b8c-aebd524e3f2.jpg

The Princesses:
Joseph and Cindy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/01ac5a9b-c1fd-4215-8d8a-fff625a505a.jpg

Abbi and Cindy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/334b9741-1ee0-405d-ab5b-92c11c08002.jpg

The fam and Belle:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/2fb2c309-f5f0-4e76-928b-669e7f210f2.jpg

The fam and Cindy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/88baee30-85f5-4579-851f-101bb8326d8.jpg

The kids and Aurora:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/bdff0486-484a-4d94-8e05-d8792c9b705.jpg

Abbi and Belle:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/eaadc2d0-768d-4224-ac61-d92149840b0.jpg

Joseph and Belle:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/e98c9830-03d9-4613-816f-dbcea6a7dd5.jpg

Joseph really liked Aurora's hair:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/269d5f0f-7191-4f23-85f7-533681784ca.jpg

Anyone that is visiting MK, I'd highly recommend the Fairies. They were so neat! They definitely have their routine down! There very playful and interact wonderfully with the kids! Next to Spiderman, this was the best character interaction!

The Fairies available were Tink, Silvermist and Fawn.
Joseph and Tink (I Love this one!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/3f01a5b3-410e-4ca6-a5aa-6b56188f579.jpg

Tink and the fam, Tink's signing our autograph books: (I forgot the special pen for Abbi's and had to buy another autograph book, ugh!)
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/04ce6d1e-c427-437c-9f8b-9c4a304a027.jpg

The fam and Tink:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/3a013fec-29ed-4cf9-bf85-1844d3e9550.jpg

Abbs and Tink:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/4be444c9-168b-41f2-8082-f358f21ac9e.jpg

Joseph really liked Tink's flowers:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/448f98aa-ceb9-4b57-b2ff-0688a64923e.jpg

Joseph and fawn:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/3d434004-97ce-43b2-be3d-18fc3d2056d.jpg

Abbs and Fawn:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/513da372-e4db-4211-87ae-6b3232725ea.jpg

Fawn and Abbi sticking there tongues out:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/da91053a-5810-4964-a1b9-65126a1e6b9.jpg

The Fam and fawn:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/8241fce7-1239-43ac-85c9-82ee28b73be.jpg

Silvermist and the Fam:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/2024d370-449a-42a7-8d3b-55f38a99557.jpg

Our on way out we met Daisy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/75e5d0ba-32a0-4553-9bc6-92084f46f98.jpg

Then we headed over to Downtown Disney. I wanted to check out World of Disney (a friend told me they have a great Scrapbooking selection, although I was unimpressed) I also wanted to take the kids to the Lego Store.

The first thing we did when we got there was eat!! We went to Planet Hollywood (yum, my burger was delish!)
The kids coloring at the table:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd016.jpg

And then we headed to get a stroller ('cause Joseph was tired).To rent a stroller at Downtown Disney is different than at any other Disney location. You have to pay the rental fee and then pay a $100 dedcutible that is refunded when you return the stroller. When questioned about this I was told it was because people stole the stretchers. I can't imagine that someone would want those strollers, but hey, I'm sure it's been done.

josabbimommy
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
We went to the Lego Store and saw some totally cool stuff!
Here are some pics of all the stuff that's made with Lego's (they are so creative!!):
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd019.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd020.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd022.jpg

Chris and Joseph waiting in line:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd026.jpg

The lego's hanging on the wall. Every lego color you can imagine:
http://http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd028.jpg

The cool robot:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd029.jpg

The Sea Creatures:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd030.jpg

The T-Rex:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd031.jpg

The Lego Family:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/magickingdomanddd033.jpg

jessica52877
06-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I LOVE legos! The fairy and princess pictures are precious!

maroo
06-04-2009, 09:37 AM
The fairy and princess pictures are great!

I love that Lego Store!

It looks like you guys are having a GREAT time!!! :goodvibes

Matt1026
06-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Your TR has been great and you have given me some new ideals for our trip. I love the breakfast with Spiderman. I have two sons and wanted to do a special meal and I believe this one will work well for them.

Your pictures have been great. I have loved them!!!

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
First, let me apologize for not getting this completed sooner. We got back from Florida and stepped into a ton of different problems. My mother had open heart surgery, my father got a pacer, our house received a large amount of damage from a local forest fire and Joseph jumped right back into PT, OT, and Speech. I hope that you enjoy the rest of our pictures, and again, I'm sorry that it's taken so long.

The Ponies:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies002-1.jpg
The Peyton Ponies Sign

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies001-1.jpg
The Ponies--not the ones we rode.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies003-1.jpg
Joseph riding the Pony!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies004-1.jpg
Up-close of Joseph riding the Pony.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies005-1.jpg
Joseph getting his cowboy hat and his certificate.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies009-1.jpg
Keaton's Korral

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/ponies006-1.jpg
The Ponies

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Because I didn't mark my pictures very well when I downloaded them to my computer, I have the last two days marked as "last day". So here are the rest of them, in all their glory.

The Ice Cream Shop:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday001.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday003.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday004.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday005.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday006.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday006.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday008.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday009.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday010.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday011.jpg

What a great place the Ice Cream Parlor is! Delicious Ice Cream, decorated with all kinds of kids toys, a carousel horse and a large Candyland game board. What a fun place!!

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 02:36 PM
The Chapel:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday022.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday022.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday024.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday024.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday039.jpg Daddy and Abbi walking on the Avenue of Angels.

Special Dogs at GKTW:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday040.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday041.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday042.jpg

Playing in the Castle:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday043.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday044.jpg

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
We only sent one child since they had to be three to go and Abbi wasn't quite three yet. Instead, Abbi stayed home with Daddy and watched the Tinkerbell movie while Mommy went to see Joseph in Village Idol.

Here are some pictures from that:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday051.jpg
The group--everyone is a winner!

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday054.jpg
Mandy (Joseph's keeper for the evening) and Joseph after the show.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday056.jpg
Joseph at the end of the show with his certificate from the evening and his hat! How cute is he? I forgot to mention that they sang Old McDonalds.

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 03:04 PM
We woke up on our last day and got the kids dressed. We knew that they were doing autograph's again this am, and I knew that the kids would love to see Mickey and Minnie before they left.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday057.jpg
The kids dressed in There Thing Shirts. They looked so cute and got a lot of compliments on these while we were traveling home.

One last Mickey kiss:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday060.jpg

One last Mickey hug:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday062.jpg

One last Mickey Pic:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday064.jpg

Mickey and Minnie waving bye-bye:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday068.jpg

One last Goofy hug:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday069.jpg

One last hug from Pluto and Goofy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday071.jpg

Running with Goofy:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday072.jpg

One last visit w/ Belle:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday073.jpg

The decorated villas:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday082.jpg

Matthew's Boundless Playground:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday083.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday083.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday085.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday086.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday087.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday088.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday089.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday090.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday092.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday093.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday094.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday095.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday096.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday099.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday101.jpg

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Our ride to the airport:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday108-1.jpg

The iPod vending machine. Joseph was fascinated by this...as was mommy. I was slightly curious as to how this worked...did it come with music already downloaded? Or did you have to buy the music separately? Anyway, here it is.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday112-1.jpg

What Joseph did on the plane:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday113-1.jpg

What Abbi did on the plane:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday118-1.jpg

The view from the plane:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o314/chrisandal2001/Disney/lastday114-1.jpg

And alas, this is the end of the MAW trip. What a great and wonderful trip it was!

josabbimommy
09-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Universal Studios Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsk47hjoO9c

Castle of Miracles play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPeMs96DTNE

Gatorland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Vj7fNgA2k

GKTW Talking Trashcan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ3uk-pshNQ

GKTW Carousel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voTkdRBCNzA

mom2lilnick
09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
love the pics! I really need to sit down and finish our wish trip, but never find the time. I can't believe how much the lego store changed in just a couple of months.

blessedmom4
05-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Start to finish I LOVED your report, your pictures and the Magic! Thank you for sharing and taking the time to let others know your trip experience!

Blessings,
Judy